De Hoek Manor
9 Drostdy Street, 7600 Stellenbosch, South Africa –
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 128 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The De Hoek Manor plots were granted in 1693 to Landdrost Linnes who sold it to the smith Hans Conterman in 1703. He practised a full smithy here till 1710 when Jan Botma of Welgevallen aquired thre plots. The building is unusual in that in 30 years it is the first structure encountered in town, which is fully built of granite to the height of the eaves. Dated to at least c.1730 or earlier. Then it might have been a stable and a pakhuis. During the mid-late 19th century no 7 was again utilized as a smithy as concentrated floor areas were burnt black, with scores of iron objects discarded, either in patches or in scattered manner. It was followed by a coach house-cum-stable as the floors were cobbled. By early 1920s it was owend by the Lochners and used as a general store. During the ownership of the Du Toits (>1956) it served as Susara's art shop and classes. The buildings show fire damage(c.1915-20), but they escaped the 1875 town fire( Vos) Part of the original cobbled floor and the granite wall are visible under glass panes for our guests to see and enjoy.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Village Museum Stellenbosch 0 miles
- Johan Coetzee Art Gallery 0.1 miles
- Musa Khaly's Art Gallery 0.1 miles
- The Red Teapot Gallery 0.1 miles
- Stellenbosch Art Gallery 0.2 miles
- De Wet Centre 0.2 miles
- Stellenbosch University Botanical Gardens 0.2 miles
- Die Dorpstraat Art Gallery 0.2 miles
- Stellenbosch Museum 0.2 miles
- African Art Boutique Stellenbosch 0.2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Stellenbosch University 0.4 miles
- Oom Samie se Winkel 0.5 miles
- Asara Wine Estate 3 miles
- Jonkershoek Nature Reserve 4.6 miles
- Heidelberg Golf Club 7.9 miles
- Simonsvlei Wines 10.9 miles
- Fairview Winery & Cheese 12 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Spar Supermarket 1.2 miles
- Oude Libertas Market 3.1 miles
- Stellenbosch Wine Routes Restaurant 0 miles
- Rout 44 Market 0 miles
- Checkers Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Husar Grill Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Java Cafe Cafe/Bar 0.1 miles
- De Oude Bank Cafe/Bar 0.1 miles
- The Big Easy Restaurant 0.6 miles
- Matroosberg Mountain 1.2 miles
- Indian Ocean/Sea 18.6 miles
- Table Mountain Mountain 28 miles
- Eersterivier River 0 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 15.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose De Hoek Manor
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Street Parking
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
De Hoek Manor accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.