Dungbeetle River Lodge
76 Aquavista Crescent, 6175 Colchester, South Africa – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 296 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Each of the spacious rooms and suites at Dungbeetle River Lodge is equipped with a private bathroom and coffee/tea facilities. Guest can relax in the seating area with a drink from their mini-bar.
Every morning, a breakfast that includes fresh, home baked breads, yogurt, eggs, bacon and freshly prepared fruit juice, is served on the terrace, which overlooks the river. Various bird species can be viewed from this terrace.
Dungbeetle River‘s reception can arrange tours to the Addo Elephant National Park, just 2.2 mi away. They can also reserve a shuttle service to Port Elizabeth Airport, a 30-minute drive away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.Dungbeetle River Lodge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since May 20, 2011
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, I sent you a message yesterday but not sure it went through. My family is staying at your place in December and with the recent news that made the..Dear Stephanie, We are in a small village outside of the metropolitain areas. We have security measures in place at our establishment. You do not ha..Answered on 18 October 2019
- Hello. I would like to know what activities are included in your booking? Coz I see there's a game drive, hiking etc that are not extra charge expce..Included activities are the use of canoes and paddle boards. All other activities are additional. Kind regards.Answered on 15 October 2021
- Hi, do you have braai facilities?Yes. Advanced warning required so that we can make arrangements for crockery and cutlery and whatever guests need. PLEASE KINDLY INCLUDE THAT WE AR..Answered on 14 May 2023
- Hi. we are booked to stay with you on the 17th and 18th and we're wondering what game drive options you offer. specifically a subset drive?Hi, We do a 5 hour tour which includes the sunset period. Please do visit Adventuredestination-addo and see your tour options. Please note, we no..Answered on 2 January 2022
- Hi , we are thinking of visiting in Feb 2023 and were wondering if there is any fishing on the river ? If so do you provide fishing equipment ? Kind ..We have very basic fishing equipment. We have a jetty in front of the Lodge that is ideal for fishing. Our little shop on the corner also sells bait..Answered on 27 July 2022
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor fireplace
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Game drives
- Water sports facilities on siteAdditional charge
- CanoeingAdditional charge
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Tour desk
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Electric blankets
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Private entrance
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
From 2:30 PM to 7:00 PM
From 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no cribs available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Dungbeetle River Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Dungbeetle River Lodge
Room options at Dungbeetle River Lodge include:
Yes, Dungbeetle River Lodge is popular with guests booking family stays.
Check-in at Dungbeetle River Lodge is from 2:30 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at Dungbeetle River Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Dungbeetle River Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Dungbeetle River Lodge is 2,950 feet from the center of Colchester.
Dungbeetle River Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Water sports facilities on site
- Game drives
- Bicycle rental