Makaranga Garden Lodge
1A Igwababa Road, 3610 Kloof, South Africa – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 222 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Makaranga Garden Lodge.
A main attraction at Makaranga is the garden. For a true respite or soul searching, there is a labyrinth set in a quiet corner of the gardens. Guests are able to make their way down the wheelchair-friendly winding paths to an oasis of peace and serenity. There are 18 ponds in total. Home to many beautiful statues in stone, bronze and marble, which have been imported from Italy and Zimbabwe for your enjoyment. These include a wonderful hand carved reproduction of Michelangelo's "David", as well as the "Four Maidens", who each carry the foliage of their respective seasons. These graceful statues keep a watchful eye over the "Blue Pond", so named because of the bias towards different shades of blue and purple plant material. The authentic Japanese Garden boasts original bridges, walkways, stone lanterns and hand carved figures, all imported from Japan and set out according to ancient traditions. The ponds create a sense of stillness and calm, while the exquisite water lilies proudly display their pinks and purples. Whether your interest is botanical, pleasure or if you simply in need of some soul restoration, the garden is sure to satisfy you.
Makaranga Garden Lodge takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Stokers Arms 0.9 miles
- Delcairn Shopping Centre 1.3 miles
- Springside Nature Reserve 2.7 miles
- Waterfall Shopping Centre 3 miles
- Christian Village Shopping Centre 3.4 miles
- Paradise Valley Nature Reserve 5.6 miles
- Palmiet Nature Reserve 7.2 miles
- Bergtheil Museum 7.4 miles
- Westville Campus 7.7 miles
- Kloof Country Club 10 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital 10.2 miles
- Stainbank Nature Reserve 10.7 miles
- Westridge Park Tennis Stadium 10.7 miles
- Life Entabeni Hospital 11 miles
- Entembeni Hospital 11 miles
- Durban Campus 11.1 miles
- Netcare Parklands Hospital 11.2 miles
- St. Augustines Hospital 11.3 miles
- Durban Botanic Gardens 11.9 miles
- King Edward VIII Hospital 12 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Kwikspar Supermarket 1.9 miles
- King Shaka International Airport 21.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Makaranga Garden Lodge
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Suit Press (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Packed Lunches
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Honeymoon Suite
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 3 years is charged ZAR 120 per person per night in a crib.
Up to two children under 12 years are charged ZAR 350 per person per night when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.