Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Wanderers
Corner of Corlett Drive & Rudd Road, Illovo, Melrose, 2116 Johannesburg, South Africa –
6 Reasons to Choose Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Wanderers
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Johannesburg
Protea Hotel Wanderers is "World famous for our Apples". In the gold rush area, many people flocked to South Africa in search of gold. They wandered from places to place and became known as Wanderers, hence where the name “Wanderers” came from. They decided that because they travel so much and they don’t get to see one another, they needed a place to catch up and ensure everyone is still healthy and happy. They chose an apple orchid located in Illovo, Johannesburg. They used the apples to play recreational games and used the trees for shade. This apple orchid was located where we find the bowling greens at the Wanderers Club today. We wanted our hotel to tell the beautiful story of the Wanderers that is why we are called Wanderers and why we place fresh apples in the rooms and at reception every day.
Area Info –
- Bidvest Wanderers Stadium 0.3 miles
- Wanderers Golf Club 0.4 miles
- The Wanderers Grounds 0.4 miles
- Thrupps Shopping Centre 0.4 miles
- Gautrain Rosebank Station 0.9 miles
- Melrose Arch Shopping Centre 1 miles
- Nelson Mandela Foundation 1 miles
- South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry 1 miles
- Rosebank Mall 1 miles
- American Chamber of Commerce 1.1 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Gautrain Sandton Station 1.9 miles
- Observatory Golf Club 3.4 miles
- Johannesburg Stadium 4.1 miles
- Modderfontein Golf Club 7.2 miles
- Gold Reef City & Casino 7.5 miles
- Lenasia Country Club 17.8 miles
- Kliprivier Country Club 19.3 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Melrose Arch Precinct Supermarket 1.2 miles
- Rosebank Mall Market 2.5 miles
- Sandton City Supermarket 3.7 miles
- O.R. Tambo International Airport 11.2 miles
- Lanseria Airport (Johannesburg) 15.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
The Big Apple Restaurant
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Most Popular Facilities
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Outdoor Pool (all year)
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
- Racquetball (additional charge)
- Bowling (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
- Tennis Court (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Breakfast in the Room
- Restaurant (à la carte & buffet)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is needed).
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Business Center
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (free)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- Shops (on site)
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Soundproof Rooms
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Hair/Beauty Salon
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
Good to Know Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Wanderers takes special requests – add in the next step!
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 12 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Wanderers accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that the shuttle to Gautrain is available from Monday - Sunday.
Please note that check-in and key collection take place at: Cnr Corlett Drive and Rudd Road, Johannesburg 1000.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please note that the full amount of the reservation is due before arrival. Protea Hotels by Marriott will send a confirmation with detailed payment information. After full payment is taken, the property's details, including the address and where to pick up the keys, will be sent to you by email.