The B.I.G Backpackers
18 Thornhill Road, Green Point, Green Point, 8005 Cape Town, South Africa –
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 894 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The BIG is described by our guests as their Home-Away-From-Home. From the moment they step in the property our staff welcome them with open arms. People check in as guests and check out as family.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- MyCiTi Station Cape Town Stadium 0.2 miles
- Signal Hill Noon Cannon 0.4 miles
- Cape Medical Museum 0.4 miles
- Green Point Common 0.4 miles
- Cape Town Stadium 0.5 miles
- Two Oceans Aquarium 0.5 miles
- Red Open Top Bus 0.5 miles
- MyCiTi Station Granger Bay 0.5 miles
- Metropolitan Golf Club 0.6 miles
- Cape Town Comedy Club 0.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- V&A Waterfront 0.9 miles
- Long Street 1.2 miles
- Table Mountain 2.8 miles
- Canal Walk 5.9 miles
- Kenilworth Race Course 7.4 miles
- Robben Island Museum 7.9 miles
- Groot Constantia 8.3 miles
- Klein Constantia Wine Estate 8.9 miles
- Steenberg Wine Estate 11.2 miles
- US Consulate General 11.5 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Giovannis Deli Restaurant 0 miles
- Cabritos Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Woolworths and Spar Supermarket 0 miles
- Sea Point Promenade Ocean/Sea 0.6 miles
- Table Mountain Mountain 6.2 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 11.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose The B.I.G Backpackers
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Furniture
- Sun Deck
- BBQ Facilities
- Shared Kitchen
Pool and Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Beach Umbrellas
- Beach Chairs/Loungers
- Pool Towels
- Outdoor Pool (all year)
Services & Extras
- Tickets to Attractions or Shows (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
- Walking Tours
- Evening Entertainment
- Hiking Off-site
- Game Room
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Chocolate/Cookies (additional charge)
- Bottle of Water (additional charge)
- Snack Bar
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Street Parking
- Secured Parking
- Public Transportation Tickets (additional charge)
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Tour Desk
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Kids' TV Networks
- Kids' Outdoor Play Equipment
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Babysitting/Child Services
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Vending Machine (snacks)
- Vending Machine (drinks)
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child or adult is charged 100 % of the room stay per night and person when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking for more than 6 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The B.I.G Backpackers accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Dear visitor, this region is currently experiencing drought conditions. Please be aware that certain properties are subject to comply with local water usage restrictions.