The Portswood Hotel
Portswood Road, V&A Waterfront, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 667 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Portswood Hotel.
|Standard Queen Room with Shower|
|Deluxe Queen Room|
|Standard Twin Room with Bath|
|Standard Twin Room with Shower|
|Standard Double Room - Disability Access|
|Standard Queen Room with Bath|
7 Reasons to Choose The Portswood Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Cape Town
Guests loved the "boutique" style
The PortsWood, situated in the V&A Waterfront, is part of Cape Town’s colonial history. The restaurant and lobby are built over the original well and holding cells for prisoners en route to Robben Island 300 years ago. Today, the PortsWood is famous for its uniquely personal approach to service - catering to the international traveller’s every need and anticipating their every desire. Rich in South Africa’s unique culture, the PortsWood is a must for any traveller.
The Portswood Hotel takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Red Open Top Bus 0.1 miles
- Two Oceans Aquarium 0.1 miles
- MyCiTi Station Granger Bay 0.2 miles
- MyCiTi Station Waterfront 0.2 miles
- Chavonnes Battery Museum 0.2 miles
- Nelson Mandela Gateway 0.3 miles
- V&A Waterfront 0.3 miles
- MyCiTi Station Cape Town Stadium 0.4 miles
- Cape Town Stadium 0.4 miles
- Metropolitan Golf Club 0.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Long Street 1.4 miles
- Table Mountain 3.2 miles
- Canal Walk 5.4 miles
- Kenilworth Race Course 7.3 miles
- Robben Island Museum 7.8 miles
- Groot Constantia 8.6 miles
- Klein Constantia Wine Estate 9.2 miles
- Steenberg Golf Estate 11.3 miles
- Steenberg Wine Estate 11.4 miles
- US Consulate General 11.8 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- The Watershed Market 0.3 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 11.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Pool and Spa
- Outdoor Pool
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and costs ZAR 75 per day.
- Daily Housekeeping
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Baggage Storage
- Currency Exchange
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Room Service
- Air Conditioning
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
Extra beds are not available.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 667 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very Poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: