The Walden House
5 Burnside Road, Tamboerskloof, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 141 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Walden House.
6 Reasons to Choose The Walden House
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Cape Town
Nestled against the backdrop of the majestic Table Mountain lies The Walden House with its gracious Victorian home and garden suites. We have seven elegant en-suite rooms that offer you an unique and private setting in colonial style.
The Walden House takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Labia Theatre 0.3 miles
- South African Museum And Planetarium 0.4 miles
- Grand Parade Square 0.5 miles
- Mediclinic Cape Town 0.5 miles
- Long Street 0.5 miles
- De Waal Park 0.6 miles
- South African Jewish Museum 0.6 miles
- South African National Gallery 0.6 miles
- Company Gardens 0.6 miles
- The Company's Garden 0.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Table Mountain 1.5 miles
- V&A Waterfront 2 miles
- Canal Walk 6.4 miles
- Kenilworth Race Course 6.4 miles
- Groot Constantia 7 miles
- Klein Constantia Wine Estate 7.5 miles
- Robben Island Museum 9.2 miles
- Steenberg Wine Estate 9.8 miles
- US Consulate General 10.2 miles
- Chapman's Peak 11.8 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Beleza Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Puka Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Millers Thumb Restaurant 0 miles
- Kyoto Sushi Bar Restaurant 0 miles
- Woolworths Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Savoy Cabbage Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Greenmarket Square Market 0.3 miles
- Table Mountain Mountain 1.2 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 11.2 miles
Food Areas Nearby
- Kloof Street Restaurant Nightlife area with bars Bakery Food in this area includes: Pub food, Coffee & tea, Bar snacks, Gourmet, Italian, Traditional, Breakfast
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Pool Towels
- Outdoor Pool (seasonal)
Pets are not allowed.
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Tour Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Suit Press (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Grocery Deliveries (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 11:00 PM
6:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children older than 12 years are welcome.
Extra beds are not available.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.