193 Main Road, 7646 Paarl, South Africa –
This property the farm Zomerlust, where the guesthouse Zomerlust Gastehuis. is situated was transferred on 1 May 1792 from the Dutch East Indian Company to its first private owner, Johan Meyer. This property, like all others in the historic center of Paarl, was lined along the “Caapse Wagenpad “ today Main Road. The house faced Main Road and the farms stretched either up the slopes of Paarlberg or down to the Berg River. Zomerlust was an active farm from 1792 untill 1992 and was always a property of some 4,8 hectares. Archaeological research showed that the first house was probably built between 1792 and 1800 a single storey Cape Dutch home. Some evidence can be seen looking at the fireplace in the room next ton Die Kraan and the only Cape Dutch window in the current Tool Room… We were privileged to carry on with a 113-year-old heritage. They made significant contributions to Paarl and South African history. Due to the connection with “Die Paarlse Wijn en Brandewijn Maatschappij” the rooms were given brandy names. The main suite, No 4 is therefore named, Paarl Rock….
Area Info –
- Hout Street Gallery 0.4 miles
- Paarl Mountain Local Nature Reserve 1 miles
- Old Rembrandt Shopping Mall 1.2 miles
- Frater Square Shopping Centre 1.2 miles
- KWV Cellar 1.4 miles
- Paarl Railway Station 1.5 miles
- Paarl Mall 1.6 miles
- Mediclinic Paarl 1.8 miles
- Boschenmeer Golf Course 1.8 miles
- Afrikaans Language Monument 1.9 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Nederburg Wines 2.8 miles
- Fairview Winery & Cheese 3 miles
- Simonsvlei Wines 3.7 miles
- Stellenbosch University 14.3 miles
- Oom Samie se Winkel 14.9 miles
- Jonkershoek Nature Reserve 15.7 miles
- Asara Wine Estate 16.7 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Zomerlust Spar Supermarket 0.6 miles
- Zomerlust Restaurant Restaurant 0 miles
- Juno Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Bossa Nova Restaurant 0 miles
- Bella Bellota Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Berg River Resort River 9.3 miles
- Paarl Mountain nature reserve Mountain 15.5 miles
- Milnerton Beach Ocean/Sea 30 miles
- Strand Beach Ocean/Sea 30 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 26.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Zomerlust Gastehuis
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Fence Around Pool
- Pool Towels
- Outdoor Pool
- Massage (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Kids' Meals (additional charge)
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is needed).
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Tour Desk
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shoeshine (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children older than 12 years are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Zomerlust Gastehuis accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.