Reviews of Holiday Inn Andorra 5 stars

Prat de la Creu, 88, AD500 Andorra la Vella, Andorra

#20 of 66 hotels in Andorra la Vella

The process for having breakfast was a bit exhausting. You have to get a voucher from reception, which is hand written and present it to the restaurant manager who then marks your name/room number off the list. One step too many. Other than that we had a fabulous stay.

From arrival to departure the process was quick and easy. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and the bed comfortable.

the spare bed/sofabed mattress wasnt very comfy, aparrently, for my mate.........

Nice buffet dinner, reasonably priced bar, close enough, to all the town things

the directions to the hotel were unclear, and parking was an underground car park which we could have made aware of and at 22 euros a night for parking a longer stay would have been rather expensive

we had a very large room with two double beds. everything that we would have needed was supplied

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Gym was very poor (only worthwile item was the treadmill) and had no water even for after workout. The elevator also got stuck and my son was in it, so that was scary. After reset he could only get out.

Beds were great and nice swimming pool and great dinner and breakfast! Even gluten free was avalaible for our child. And great Tesla charger for my EV car. Price was really great for all the value we got!

• Special Offer - Double Room

Lovely hotel with excellent size rooms. We had a problem regarding our pet and the hotel manager Rafael dealt and resolved the issue very professionally.

This is not a 5 star hotel. there were broken items in the bathroom, food was average, and there was no concierge, I had to carry my own bags in and out as did all the other guests for my week long stay. Think of it as a good 3/4 star, which has all the amenities that tick the 5 star box.

Room was good, good location......

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

[1] while in the checkout, I was requested to pay more for "breakfast" than supposed; [2] The staff in the restaurant during the breakfast was not as pleasant; [3] Towels were not in the adequate number; [4] and towells were not changed on a daily basis even when we left the towels on the floor.

[1] The staff in the reception is pleasant and competent.

Spa was small and crowded with kids It's classed as 5 star, but it's not to the same level as another 5 star hotel in Andorra. However, it's also not not the same price (half the price). So overall good value for money, but don't expect true 5 star experience. We requested 'two double beds' on booking.com. by cliking the radio button for two doubles. However the hotel did not have this information, when we arrived, and they had to make some amendments to try and get us the two double beds. Which they did in the end.

We were welcomed at reception on Friday by a professional and friendly individual (sorry didn't get his name), who clearly explained everything. The hotel is well located for those getting the Alsa bus from Barcelona, being just 5 mins walk away from the bus station. It has a bus that goes to the Encamp ski lift (small charge) each morning, and collects you in the late afternoon. It is also walking distance to the town centre and the large Spa. We had a room with two double beds, which is great for those looking to share with friends

Rooms were not soundproofed at all, could hear music above and next door. Other guests let their kids run up and down the hallways all night, so not great for a peaceful evening.

Staff were really helpful and friendly, particularly Francisco who was always happy and eager to help! He always took the time to ask how our day was and have a chat. Beds were comfy, nice big room, ski shuttle and short walk to restaurants and shops.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Parking just a few meters away saved us a bunch in parking along with the facility was very clean and comfortable beds. Mr. Francisco was so helpful and informative. We really enjoyed our time and all his time helping us figure things out as we came in a busy weekend and the activities we were looking to do were very scares. At the end we still got to do everything we hoped for with a little bit of research and help from Mr. Francisco (thanks for helping with the language barrier along with everything else!)

Overnight arrivals very noisey!!!!!!!!!!!! Car parking in Andorra La Vella is expensive, the hotel was €21.05 per night plus dog at €15.01 per night soon adds up!

Nearly everything!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not enough space to hang or even store the clothes for 4 persons (family) in a family room. No any heater in order to dry up swimsuits of gloves after skying Lot of chemicals in a pool and Jacuzzi. And guest should be informed to bring hats with for a pool.

Good value for money, family friendly

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We love the reciptionist Frank. He gave us a lot of information and tips on things to do in the area. Frank also went out his way to make sure we participated in the tours that we visited for. Frank is awesome and just excellent customer service.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

my CC was charged in advance without notice, as the receptionist answers was " because they can". Super strong smell in the lobby from a diffuser, lack of warmth at the reception or spa. A lot of horrible smells here and there, it is obvious the hotel must have issues with leaks and pipes. Functional but not really memorable, a bit of a robotic experience

Room is really big and comfortable. Staff is extra friendly and willing to help. The hotel has a small spa with a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and turkish bath, ideal to relax after a day of ski. I really liked the breakfast as well, it was super complete, perfect to get energy to start a great snow day! :)

• Special Offer - Double Room

Parking very difficult and expensive. On-street parking possible but very busy and restrictions not east to work out. The restaurant was extremely busy and noisy, mostly not hotel residents.

Good, central location. Well appointed and efficiently run hotel.

The food was generally cold, both the buffet at night and especially the breakfast in the morning.

Location was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful, as I was there on business.

Present as 5 start hotel but feels like 3 start only. Entire interior decoration looks VERY old. Its non-smoking hotel but "Smoking room" and "smoking floor" signs are everywhere.

Very nice location with large room.

• Special Offer - Double Room

The biggest disappointment was the restaurant which has nothing to do with five stars hotel so don’t choose the half board option as we did, even the breakfast I wouldn’t recommend, because you will have to stay in que for getting a table and then to find yourself in a crowded noisy area where the food is below expectations, especially for dinner. There are nice restaurants in Andorra that you may want to try instead, and even a café on the other side of the street for avoiding the breakfast. Bathroom not at all at five stars standard. We also found very uncomfortable the way that the bed is prepared, you have to “work” a lot before having your bed ready to sleep just because the staff find it fancy like this. The so called swimming pool is only a bad joke Bad wifi connection.

Very nice rooms, good location

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was a little run down, we were in the circus themed kid suite. Lights didn't work, both tvs weren't working, and wifi signal was extremely weak- we had to sit near the door to stay connected. The connected buffet was less than "grand". Food was often cold and one particular server was clearly having a bad day. I ordered in English a cold milk and a peach juice for my young daughters. To clarify, I repeated in Spanish and when she returned she brought me 2 hot milks and a peach juice. I repeated cold milk and she immediately talked back at me and told me I said hot. Frustrated, I repeated, "no I said cold and only one cold milk please" and she left. I am typically a very soft spoken person and hate confrontations so I doubt I could have said anything to offend her, although I did use gestures to indicate cold (brr) and maybe this offended her? Moments later I looked up to the bar and she was muttering away and glaring at me while she remade the milk. I thanked her kindly when she returned, hoping to diffuse the situation, but she continued to stare me down for the remainder of my dinner. It honestly was very unsettling. Final disappointment of note was that the booking app said that holiday inn provided babysitting services. We booked this property specifically so we could have a night out to ourselves. It has said this for over a year as I looked into it for last summer but we couldn't go. I even put in a note in the special request section for someone to contact me re: babysitting and it wasn't until we checked into our hotel that we were informed that there was only a kids club in which the parents were required to stay.

Asked upon check in for an upgrade to a kids suite and was offered one at 50% off the reg price! Perhaps bc only 50% of the lights worked? 😂 Anyways, the suite was tailored nicely for children (ours were 3 & 5) and the lady who checked us in was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

1) We ordered a family room with 2 large beds - when we came we got a room with 1 king size bed and a pull out sofa. The room was crowded, definitely NOT for four people. They made up the sofa bed only at 9 pm, had towels for 2 until then also. 2) The wii fi does NOT work in the rooms, despite what they advertised. Even in the lobby it was weak, couldn't pull up Google maps to plan out trips. After complaining we got a new room the next day, 2 beds, still NO wii fi. 3) parking costs 22€ a day! Breakfast over 16€ per day! DO NOT recommend this hotel for traveling families.

Location convenient

The staff was limited in speaking English or French

It's a great hotel to explore Andorra la Vella, it's great for the families, and it's great to eat dinner at.

N/a

Lovely hotel, v friendly staff. We got upgraded to a suite which was a fantastic surprise. Room was very clean and quiet. A great selection at breakfast to suit all tastes. Overall a great overnight in our way to Spain.

Would be nice with free parking. Wifi could've been better.

Close to city center. Very friendly staff, good breakfast and lunch. Our kids loved the room with pirate theme! We got a spacious family room. All in all a really nice experience and pleasant stay.

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Overall the whole place is just not clean. From the room to restaurant tables to the swimming pool. The pool simply stinks (and I don't just mean the size of it). I literally had to spend 15 minutes under a shower to get the stink off my body and mind.

The staff is helpful and they tried to help with whatever we needed. Food was rather good too. We were pretty lucky to have been placed on the 4th floor as there was at least SOME light in the room. Lower floors have even less...

Luxury room - balcony in bad state of repair - rotting Bathroom - plyboard bare, mud renovations Check out - mistake on bill and desk staff not trained up to do refund. Skills issue

Excellent location Secure parking, but book up well ahead as only 15 or so spaces View from room Close to town and all the views

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The rooms and the reception were heavily doused with perfume, which triggered our allergies with frequent sneezing and itchiness. We both found this very uncomfortable and unnecessary! We also unfortunately had some trouble with the staff; we were awoken neeedlessly by a staff member who wanted to make an extra bed for a non-existant child, and I was charged double for one of my nights (prepayment of one room + full payment of both nights!). This was only corrected after I pointed out the error to the befuddled reception clerk. This clerk seemed inexperienced and confused, and the restaurant server was also very challenging to communicate with.

The room was very spacious and lovely, the jacuzzi was nice and soothing and the restaurant offered a buffet with a great selection of tasty food. The location was very convenient.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Meals and drinks were charged to our room that we didn't have so there needs to be some tightening up of booking to room procedures within the hotel. Car park is a little difficult to manoevre around.

The rooms are very generous proportions when travelling with a family and the bathroom facilities are very good.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Limited options for dinner, and it didn't change throughout the week, also we was travelling with a vegetarian and the chefs Shrugged their shoulders when we mention it,,,, Also the spa was full of children so couldn't relax..

Room was clean and comfy,

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

It's a 5 star holiday inn but still it's a 'holiday inn', one more star because of the big room maybe. The reception staff started a long working call when it was my turn to checkin without any prior notice, and making me wait for more than 5 min. Maybe she expected me to move to the other queue with more than 5 people queuing? Well finally she started checking my passport while still on phone when the last one of the other queue was almost checked in. Very bad checkin experience. Never happened before. Btw parking is not convenient as the parking lot is 10 meters away. Not easy if with luggages.

Big room, comfortable bed, fair price.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room service is quite poor, we had to tell 2 times to make the room and also replace what was missing. Also, 1st time we had to buy cap to use the swimming pool and the sauna. This wasnot precised in the info given by the hotel.

The location is quite good and organisation of the shuttle to the ski area was good.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It's not a 5 star hotel,3+ . Hotel is dated, no lobby bar, kids play facility is right next to the health centre which makes that area very crowded. Parking is expensive, 22 euro.

Breakfast, bed,personnel

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

not a 5 star compared to rest of world, staff unable to explain how to call outside numbers, one phone not even working. Not replacing complementary drinks in room or other items (even when asked). Shower head loose so difficult to take proper shower. simply over priced for level of service. Got charged for phone calls I was trying to make, but never succeeded. Internet is close to useless at most times even though the whole of Andorra is on fiber-optic internet.

family rooms are spacious with good beds, SPA & small fitness room, nice breakfast, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The pictures were really accurate. The staff was amazing. I had my birthday and they organized a bottle of wine for me and my boyfriend. They gave us tips for the area and had always a warm smile to assist us. Really helpful and the room was cosy, big, clean and soundproof! Great breakfast and food.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Special Offer - Double Room

Some lack of variety of food at dinner. Room had a view to the next building and peoples appartments.

Food was good, beds even better. They gave us a different room of the expected but offered the dinner as a compensation.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Perhaps a little dated in the reception area. But liked almost everything

Good location, close to the centre of town. Everywhere is so steep but the receptionist told us of any elevator to take us up to the old town. We had a large room with 2 double beds. Really great size. Breakfast was very substantial with lots of things on offer. Great value

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Special Offer - Double Room

A bit far (10 min walk) from shopping. Only one receptionist on duty at 2pm and on phone too long.

Super price to include dinner (buffet) and breakfast. Food was not gourmet, but lots of variety. Room size was ample. Clean. Had safe in room. Waiters in restaurant were great. Parking a bit much. But you can unload bags in front, check in, and maybe find street parking or use public lot 2 blocks up the hill for cheaper. Andorra is cheaper than rest of Europe due to low taxes. Hotel B+, Value A+.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lengthy check-in process, expensive car parking and a very expensive and substandard breskfast with disgustingly dirty crockery - I am not talking about small marks, but large pieces of food stuck to several items of freshly washed crockery. The restaurant basically let down the good standards of the hotel itself.

Convenient location, helpful staff and nice clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Receptionist didn't speak English at all. We couldn't get basic information from her. Swimming pool was extremely small. It was opened till 10 PM but we were asked to get out at 8 PM only because we were with a child. Moreover it's is too deep for kids (1.5 m).

Big room, good restaurant, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Parking is expensive. we took weekly ticket for 50 Euro. Indoor swimming pool is small. WIFI is horrible...

Great stuff Very comfortable beds Clean rooms Good atmosphere

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Incompetent receptionist: check in took 45 minutes; announced wrong rate (indicated breakfast included but was not); adressed my credit card does not work but does it everywhere else etc. Hotel garage very costly / tiny places (better park for 15 EUR / day in a garage fown the road Swimming Pool is very small and bathing cap for 2.5 EUR needed. The fitness room equipment is in poor condition. Condition of bathroom was poor (door not closing / soaked water, floor,...

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

small pool and you need to have bath caps to entry, if you don't have you have to buy it(2.5 euros); very expensive parking, the hamam was not working

in the city center, very elegant, huge rooms, great food( we had half-board) , heated pool

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Our Water cocker is not in place. The room Service cant give us as they Said they don't have any spare.

Breakfast is amazing and sqm room is very generous. Location. Parking is easy direct in the hotel basement.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Booked family room 2 Adults & 2 Children, toiletries, tea/coffee supply only made up for 2 People. When I went to make some tea found kettle didn't work, tried to phone reception, phone wire fell out of handset so no phone either. unhappy by now went down to reception only to be told they couldn't swap kettle till next day!! as only there for a one night stopover was no help whatsoever.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This is not a 5 star hotel. I would rate it as a good 3 star hotel. The pool area did not have a wardrobe.

Good value for money. Nice room, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Staff weren't very friendly or helpful No information about the area ie brochures etc in English Restaurant turned us away quite rudely at 7:25 as they didn't open till 7:30... Air conditioning didn't work all night. Twice called down to report it and they just kept saying wait 20 minutes and it will cool down.....it didn't!! Found out in the morning as heaps of people complaining the whole hotel system was out!

Location and size of rooms

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

room had a very disturbing smell of mint that lasted long. Sunday evening dinner was not at level with other dinners we had at thr hotel.

room was quiet... clean.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Small restaurant when full hotel, narrow parking places (you need to know how to park and hope you don't find someone who doesn't know parked next to you).

Big rooms, good location, buffet corect, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Parking next available but expensive (20 euros / day)

Hotel very well located (near the Meritxell avenue, the "outlet open" in Andorra and historical attractions). Do not miss the sculpture 'Nobility of Time' of Salvador Dali. The hotel has a small gym and a small pool.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Parking options are quite expensive around the hotel (and in Andorra la Vella in general). WC in the bathroom despite a large layout of the room.

Location is close to the historic center and 10mn walk from the shopping mall (Pyrenees and Carlemany). Rooms are very large, clean, and have nice deco.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Directional signage both on the way into Andorra la Vella and once inside the city, especially when driving alone.

City centre location. Excellent food with wide choice on the menu. Spacious room.

Nothing really

Close to bus station

22 euros to park a vehicle.

Excellent room and facilities, great breakfast choice.

very nice rooms 2 double king size beds Excellent

• Special Offer - Double Room

Cost of parking & the quality of the food in the restaurant.

Location. Room size

Nothing. Was perfect

Everything. Everyone was Friendly and rooms big and comfortable.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff were a little taciturn.

All the facilities and the room was superb.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Faltaban albornoces para la piscina

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

All of this experience was very grateful.

You have to pay extra for using parking. What is next? Pay extra for using toilets? No shoehorn in the room.

Comfort Breakfast

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great value for a family room. The beds are very confortable and spacious and the kids amenities just hit the spot for the little ones.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A fantastic hotel in a very good location. Very friendly and welcoming people at reception. Will definately stay again when back in Andorra!

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

All good, except for the swimming pool which is to small and the water should be a bit warmer

very expensive breakfast

the amazing view to the mountains and location!!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

El hotel idea para ir con ninyos

Poor WiFi

Large room

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nice hotel well located with parking.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We received a room upgrade because it was my daughter birthday. The recepcionist was execelent. We´re so glad about it

The room was very spacious. The beds - very comfortable. Overall this was the standard expected for Holiday Inn - excellent.

• Special Offer - Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Clean, large Room, Close to City centre.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Large, clean well equipped rooms , value for money onsite restaurant . Good staff .

Location..food...almost everythink

Shocking wifi connection for a 5 star hotel. Austere corridor decor.

Great location. Large room. Comfy bed.

• Special Offer - Double Room

No ice machine in hotel or coffee in the rooms

Excellent staff lovely manager and resturant manager very friendly

Browse Holiday Inn Andorra traveller photo gallery