Reviews of Hotel Plaza 5 stars

Na Maria Pla, 19-21, AD500 Andorra la Vella, Andorra

#11 of 66 hotels in Andorra la Vella

I wouldn’t class this as a 5 star hotel. Some of the facilities in the room are outdated. The television isn’t very good it’s free standing in the room which is a hazard and wires are hanging out on the floor. The tea and coffee making facilities are not the best. Shower did not work properly, we were given a double room instead of the twin room we had booked when we alerted reception the the error they said they couldn’t do anything about it until the next day even though she told us it was easy to fix so for the first night we slept as a double. The key cards they gave us to our rooms didn’t work and we had to request new ones after spending 15 minutes trying to open the door with them. The spa isn’t included there is a charge to use it around 30 euros but then you only get entry for 2 hours. So we didn’t try it as it sounds quite rushed.

Room size was good, location of the hotel within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Overall staff are helpful and friendly.

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

WiFi was unsecured and weak. Downloading emails and reading websites was difficult, video calls was impossible and just forget about streaming a movie. Very poor. Breakfast was poor and included visibly mouldy fruit salad. Shabby, worn furniture: flaking wood veneers and chipped glass desktop. Small, disappointing bathroom, limescaled & worn wood veneer around the tiny bath. The shower was no better, dials were wobbly and unresponsive. Old bathrobe stained with nail varnish. We paid for a quadruple room (for 2 children & 2 adults). The second bed was an uncomfortable sofa bed made up with an ugly, tatty, old brown blanket, no duvet or bedspread. The thin mattress was laid on a wooden board! Infuriating lighting! Very inconvenient for a quadruple room to not have independent lighting for the 2 rooms.

Staff were friendly throughout our stay and responsive after when dealing with a payment error they had made.

When we got to our room late at night there was a very heavy smell of smoke. As we both don’t smoke, this wasn’t very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was expensive for what was offered. In a 5* hotel and at a cost of E18,- I would have expected a chef who prepares eggs/pancakes/waffles. It was you standard buffet, nothing special. Further the rooms seemed a little outdated. Not a typical 5* hotel.

Nice big room, friendly staff. Good location, near the shops. Nice lounge area and the cafeteria was good. We decided to have breakfast there as the buffet did not seem worth the price.

The room was a little tired, And at breakfast they were very keen to take your cutlery, Before you had finished breakfast,

Location,staff were excellent , Hotel was impressive ,

Breakfast was very expensive and the gym was lacking.

This hotel was an amazing value for the price. It's grand entrance made us feel like we were entering a five star hotel in New York City! The restaurant is delicious, the spa was very nice, and there was live piano music in the foyer in the evenings.

Some of the staff in the breakfast area seemed to have been to the Fawlty Towers training school - they were not in the least bit friendly ( save for one on our last day) I had a problem with the coffee machine and hot steam that came out of the hot waters section - jets of steam went into my cup and spit the coffee all over the surface - fortunately I managed to get my hand out of the way. I drew this problem to the attention of one of the staff who looked at me as if I had broken the machine on purpose - he then pointed to a jug which had hot water in it The fact that I have chosen to mention the above tells you that I was annoyed by the way this was handled and the general level of interaction between the breakfast staff and our group. If I were to grade the breakfast staff out of 10 then I would give them 2 - whereas the other staff in the hotel would receive at least an 8. These comments are meant as feedback to help improve things where improvement is needed

It is nice hotel - our room was comfortable with plenty of space. The restaurant had a good selection of meals and drinks. The staff at reception, in the restaurant and cleaning ladies were all friendly and made you feel as if you were their guests.

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast 60 euro for family - very expensive and not worth it. To pay 20 euro per person to use the pool is steep too.

Friendly staff and central location

• Deluxe Triple Room

The hotel accepts guests with their pets, like huge dogs. Beware if you are allergic to dogs and other furry pets, you might ride the elevator where a dog or dogs were just in. Or stay in a room where guests with pets previously stayed. Even a good room cleaning can not eliminate all fur and traces of pets that were previously there.

Location was very good-downtown the city. Rooms are big and clean. The hotel has no own parking but offers a garage place for little over 20 euros per day.

Definitely not a 5*, but price is not 5* either. Hotel general condition start fading away, age probably taking a toll. Although spa standard is good, size is small comparing to advertising and therapies not that great.

Excellent location, old fashion hotel at affordable price, staff very helpful. Parking is excellent for any size car. Restaurant staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Late dinner start time of 8pm No milk in the room minibar for tea and coffee

Helpful reception staff Spacious rooms Lovely entrance and sitting area

No air conditioning during this season - we were told to open the window! (very noisy street) The room & hotel were very tired - it needs a major makeover. The city itself was pretty soulless and devoid of any charm. Avoid

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

I am extremely disappointed with the staff, accusing me to be a liar. I had the misfortune to forget my nice coat in the wardrobe. My partner and I were rushing to make it in good time to the ski slopes and we ended up forgetting the coat in the room's wardrobe. When I realised it was missing we were already 100 miles away. So I called reception to please take special care and keep my coat safe. By my surprise, this £200 coat was never found. I asked the manager to check again, as I was 100% sure I left it in the room, but once again I was told in a rather sarcastic way that the ladies who cleaned the room didn't find it. I am truly disappointed as the hotel was rated to such high standard and they ended up misplacing my coat and accusing me of lying. The room was very standard. There was nothing special about it; only the smell of old furniture. The bathroom was not looked after. When we moved in, we found the tap in the bath left on and the bottom of the door was swollen from excess humidity or lack of ventilation. Breakfast was quite varied. However, the room where breakfast was catered was very small. Baring in mind the dimensions of the hotel, the number of tables was extremely low. The hotel car park was very expensive. I have been to other hotels in Andorra where the parking was included in the room's price. I am not going back to this hotel, and I would never recommended to anyone.

The proximity to the town centre and skiing stations

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

service in restaurant poor ...staff had an attitude problem verging on rudeness at dinner breakfast very poor selection had better in a 2 star ....service slow front desk ...American guy who greeted us knows what service should be young lady in bar charming ,smiling not like the stony faced waitress at dinner. 3 attempts at the bill with a reprimand to the customer as the parking wasn't included !! Would bit recommend this hotel sorry

Central position parking

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very clean, comfortable, everything to high standards. Staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. Young children had free breakfast buffet with paying adult.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

We never eat at the plaza as we have found the staff in the restaurant in general most unpleasant and not very helpful. Reception staff are excellent .

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The hotel was hard to find, although it was not far from the bus terminal. It is actually in a good location, however it is easy to walk pass if you are not paying attention.

The room size was sufficient for a single room. And the location was very close to the bus station.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was absolutely delighted with customer service, staff on the reception were so helpful with every question I asked, with luggage, parking my car etc.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The service in the café indifferent and the wait for dinner excessive (including being brought a dish I did not order).

An excellent 5* hotel with great rooms. A lovely spar, My wife says therapist Anna excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

All the staff in the cafe bar .. Very rude .. Never have I ever been served by miserable rude and unhelpful staff in a hotel !!! Would sack all of them

The doorman , was so helpful , parking our car , coming to our room with the keys and showing us the best places to go

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

My only criticism is that the club lounge, while a good place to visit with friends, is not well maintained to ensure food and beverage freshness and availability.

The staff really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The rooms were very comfortable and the windows double paned to keep out noise (though you can open them wide to enjoy the sounds and street musicians on the plaza of you wish). The weekend breakfasts were far superior to others I have found in Europe.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room was not cleaned properly - there was dust and previous visitor shoe left under the bed and plenty of dust in the lobby behind the entrance door. Table light has got exposed electric life wire close to plug which was above the desk close to light switch which could be accidentally touch when turning the light on/off. Bathroom and Bedroom need refurbishment.

Stuff was very helpful. Location is good for shopping.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The traffic noise was so loud I thought I must have left the windows open but I hadn't. The double glazing just wasn't sufficient. The hotel is graded 5 star but is more like a 3 star. The rooms are dated and there is nothing special or luxurious about them.

The gym had three exercise machines, weights and wall bars. Water was provided. The spa pool area was amazing with different water sensations and 5 showers with a variety of water effects and aromas. I haven't seen a wet area like this before.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast expensive. We ordered family room (with 2 children). The children were sleepping on opened sofa and on her thin and uncomfortable mattress, not as expected from this kind of hotel

Luxurious hotel, near the city center, comfortable and cozy rooms, freindly staff, good breakfast,

Good room, comfy bed, helpful staff, great location

Been many times great hotel

Could not turn down the heat, the room was too hot, floors squeaked.

Great location, close to everything. Very nice bathroom.

Ac was set too high couldnt turn it down

All!

The pool and spa was very expensive.

Locatin was good. Hotel was clean and nice, staf was good

Floating floor in bedrooms and throughout getting scruffy. Does not go with the elegance of the hotel.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Cleanliness and tiredness of furnishings in the room. Cleanliness of the Spa. Food was very bad.

Location and staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

We had room service meal served to us it was Not very tasty

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Staff and management. Bad maners

Quiet

Café food just so-so.

Have stayed there before and would do so again. Rooms large and well set up. A very nice spa but at a cost

Nothing - Perfect stay

A classy place! Luxurious surroundings.

Having to pay 25 euro per person to use the pool .

La hora de check-in a las 15.00

Todo en general

Having to pay extra for spa

Staff very friendly Nice lobby No noise from the street

• Deluxe Twin Room

Room service and service in café through the restaurant

Atmosphere

Service and location are worth the stay

Pase calor. El wifi regular.

La cena excepcional

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

slow internet and restricted internet access for some sites.

good breakfast buffet. good situation in the city centre.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The spa was lovely and luxurious, staff were friendly and helpful, hotel room was exquisite

Old-fashioned design .

Good location, friendly staff, comfortable family room.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Best hotel great staff and food amazing spa

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Already outdated interior design

Local

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

absence de coin sympa, pour siroter un cocktail

super hotel a quelque metre de la zone commerciale

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

Outstanding hotel and great service!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The negative attitude of the waiter ( was a lady) during breakfast , we felt unwelcome.

Location , which was easy to reach

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Tough to find on navigation, that's about all

Friendly staff, nice restaurant, beautiful mountain view, central location in town

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Lovely Hotel, clean, well appointed, very friendly and in the perfect position in the city

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Nothing really

Very friendly and helpful staff. We got upgraded and that was a pleasant surprise

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

The hotel is old and rooms ere neglected there us is a bug gap betern the pictured infrint of reality They charge me for small cup of milk that i asked

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The staff from the breakfast room could be a bit more friendly and enthusiastic.

The location, commodity, nice installations. The coffee and tea in the room, essential!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

The spa gets very busy and is quite expensive. Pre Booking is a must if you wish to use this area.

Beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of Andorra La Vella. Very modern and comfortable. We had a top floor room with the timber ceiling which was very warm and comforting from the cold outside.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Hotel was fine, but we just did not like the town. Too busy and commercial after the beautiful villages of the Spanish Pyrenees. Hotel parking was expensive but I guess parking is at a premium in this busy town, driving can get a bit hairy.

We had a great enormous room with a lounge area and a huge ensuite with jacuzzi bath. This was all very welcome after a long day travelling. It is quite a plush hotel in an 80's kind of way. Free minibar which is unusual, but Andorra did feel like a bit of a duty free shop.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Coffe set up in bedroom very disappointing and almost up drinkable. But that was very me nor as everything else was perfect

Very comfortable bedroom and bathroom. Quite amazingly delightful and helpful staff. Perfect location as very central .

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

Luxury trappings not well maintained in hotel's public areas. Parking not included but available across the street. Exhaust fumes are a town negative.

Close to shopping. Clean two-room suites. Good breakfast selections.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

When arriving there were women hair all over our bathroom, the room could be more modern, thats it everything else was great

Location and the price was good. Staff are very helpfull, prices for car park and minibar are cheap, also dinner was lovely. Hotel itself looks amazing

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

1) Not necessarily the best place for a family with small kids ;-)

1) The hotel is lovely and well maintained. 2) The staff is friendly. 3) Even the WiFi is okay. 4) The lobby is fabulous for some lone time with a glass of wine. 5) They have a gym with actual free weights (not many, but still).

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

- It was a bit old hotel

- The people from the personnel were awesome, one lady in particular was fluent in Catalan, French, Spanish and English. - We had half-board, the food was amazing - The location is great, very close to the shopping streets and Caldea

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The hotel overlooked that we had hung an order form for breakfast in the room the first day. (When we called and asked why the breakfast had not come, they apologized and sent it quickly). The view to the neighboring building which is under construction is not so nice. And there was lacking a little maintenance around it a little worn bubble / massage tub in the room.

Very beautiful and nice interior carried out in high quality. Very helpful staff who provide service at an extremely high level. Extravagant nice breakfast buffet. Lots of good high-end services: car parking, luggage handling, etc.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Wifi connexion is really slow even if it's not the purpose of the trip

Location is really central and easy access to all what the town have to offer. Staff at the lobby are really nice and at the level expected for 5 stars hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

The breakfast was a huge buffet of cold & warm dishes. Delicious, but also pricey at €18/person. Wifi was at times impossible to connect to. The hide-a-bed was too small for 2 big kids. The cleaning staff was VERY eager to get into our room in the morning, waking us at 8:30 (it WAS vacation after all, so we were sleeping in), and trying a full 3 times to get into the room before our check-out time.

Excellent room, but the hide-a-bed was too small for 2 big kids. The front desk staff were SO friendly, and helped with parking. Don't bother using the hotel parking for €22, find a spot on the street & pay €1 or €2.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Looks a bit dated, you have to pay to use the swimming pool. It was €25 per adult for 2 hours so not cheep

Staff were helpful and recommended a great restaurant for dinner - the angel belmonte

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

that I have to leave tomorrow!! :)

Friendly staff. Excellent Restaurant...Walking to all shops ....PET FRIENDLY ..Spacious room..Love all the bathroom amenities..And LOVE THE SPA!!!!!! Wonderful indoor pool with water features..and steam room..

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

THE GUY AT THE RECEPTION WAS EXTREAMLY NICE AND HELPFULL. BREAKFAST WAS GREAT AS WELL AS THE STUFF WHO WAS IN CHARGE.WE CAME A LITTLE LATE AND GOT THE BEST SERVICE ANYWAY

• Reviewed: 9 May 2015

about 3 years ago the breakfast featured eggs made to order. now the eggs are precooked.

our room had a sitting area with a chaise lounge. view of the mountains. helpful, friendly staff. close to everything.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Had to suggest to staff how to fix problems. EXPENSIVE FOOD AND PARKING AND HIGH FEE TO USE HOTEL SWIMMING POOL.

Staff tried really hard to fix problems.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2015

I've stayed at room 416 and I couldn't control the temperature inside it. It was hot and I had to open the window.

Excellent breakfast, very good location and very kind staff. I've paid for half board and the quality of the dishes was excellent too.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

The sofa bed in the room we occupied was a bit worse for weir and could use a little upgrade.

The reception staff were very helpful during our stay. They were cordial, friendly and helped direct us to all the good spots for family fun in Andorra which made our stay quite memorable.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Short weekend...:-(

Excellent hotel cuisine, perfect services, friendly staff.. Great!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

nothing to remark.

It is in the shopping center of Andorra, so the location is great. The rooms are clean and large, we had a great stay.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Hammam should be fixed in the spa

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Large quad room for a family of 4. Perfect location in centre. Would definately stay again.

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Plaza traveller photo gallery