Reviews of Al Diar Mina Hotel 1 stars

Junction of Salaam Street and Meena Road, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#114 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

For the declared level of star rating, the hotel exceeds all...

For the declared level of star rating, the hotel exceeds all expectations. Daily cleaning of the room. Free bottled water, tea, coffee, cream. Polite staff. Convenient location, proximity to bus station, beach and shopping centers.

excellent value for money.

not much to complain about. my early reservasion secured me an excellent double room. not all rooms are same though so I understand if some might not give so high marks to their experience. so I quite fancy my self to have had a nice stay and a great experience at al diyar mina hotel.

excellent value for money. stuff are friendly aswell. a few min walk from city centre and so easy to reach public traffic to all places around abu dhabi. great spot actually.

Al Diar Hotel Mina

No gym or pool, plus limited restaurants in the area. The lack of adequate parking.

A good value, plus plenty of night clubs in the hotel, entertainment. Great staff.

Amazing place for a comfort stay

Slippers is chargeable which is something I didn't like, rooms pathway was smelly.

Room was amazing (they upgraded mine from deluxe to suite), staff are polite and helpful, room is like rooms in 2 or 3 stars hotels. As a value for money I have got much more than what I actually paid. For sure there are no facilities there but if you are looking for a clean and neat place to sleep with no over charges, this one is a great choice.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Very Unhappy!!!

STAFF - No proper communication in the evening and afternoon shift. Next day, the afternoon shift forcing us to check-out AT 12 PM and shouting me on the phone (No manners and NO proper etiquette, unoriented!!). Very clear before we paid the money we confirmed to the evening shift that we will check out at 2 pm next day and he agreed. The afternoon shift behavior is not acceptable!!! Also....... BATH TOWEL IS ONLY 1 :( NO TOILET SPRAY :( NO LOTION :( NO CONDITIONER :( Full of disappointment!!

Only the Bed and Living room

Good budgeted hotel over all .

The location is such, if you dont find parking by 8, you would have to go 2 kms to park and lack of valet parking is a draw back. Also no proper restaurants nearby or at waking distance.

The room was pretty clean and quite comfortable , the service was very fast which is a good sign. Over all quite good and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great for Indian and Pakistani expats

Limited food choices in their restaurant

We're satisfied in their complimentary coffee and toiletries, very accommodating staffs, cleanliness, large and quiet room. Transportation is accessible, there's a nearby hospital and baqala too.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Rude male receptionist. FAKE pricing.

The attitude of the male receptionist .Dark complexion ,not being racist but he was literally counting on me while I was getting my credit card . He finished at 8 seconds when I handed the card. And the payment posted at booking.com was 110 aed but in the hotel it was actually 145 aed.

The security and the room attendant.

Bed bugs in the rooms and you ve to avoid them with high...

Bed bugs in the rooms and you ve to avoid them with high speed air con. Parking facility is not available and paid parking is almost 10 mints walk. Room check in key usually not working It’s of the time.

Awesome

Need to removed the bad smell of the carpet. please provide microwave for the use of heating the food.actually its so nice to stay in this hotel nice facility

👍👍👍👍thanks for every thing

Becouse no shops around and laundry and i dont like night clup mizic is very loud. but is very good services and stuf for cleaning is brilliant and very well come thanks ...👍

👍👍👍👍thanks for every thing

Good

Problem for somebody hve car no parking and also ur putting less sugar nd also ur hving hair dryer in wash room but not wòrking

Quiet its clean nd comfortable

staff is excellent and try to answer your every need

staff is excellent and try to answer your every need I didnt read the description carefully and find out there are two nightclubs in this hotel while being on the 5th floor It was noisy. not a lot but not my thing. also behind the hotel there is another bar. so definitely not for familly. the room was very nice though

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

I felt im not at home in aldiar mina.

Im customer of your hotel since last year if we have meeting here in abudhabi city. I book to your hotel asap so I can get good room. But this time I disappointed. They give me small room. I soap and one shampoo I already tell to your staff nothing I get good reply.

I like the room they gave us b4 but now really we this disappointed about thurday booking.

I think its was my 3rd or 4th time in aldiar mina hotel.

The toilet bowl coz its not flashing! But when I call the maintenance they are very fast to repair. And its ok.

I think its was my 3rd or 4th time in aldiar mina hotel. The room.was nice and big. I can relax the whole day.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Friendly and helpful staff.

In reception there is one lady i give my id and i tell i want check in.She took my id and tell me give me 5 min, more than half hour i am waiting and she taking in phone.after around 45 min i go again to reception and ask i want to check in, than again she ask me my id,she forget i already give her my id,This is make me embarrassed. i am waiting more than 45 min for only check in and she forget. My time is so expansive i never wait any hotel more than 10 min for check in but in this she take my time more than 45 min.....

Friendly and helpful staff.Rooms were lovely, nicely decorated, extremely clean.Beds were very comfortable with fresh bed linen. Excellent bathroom facilities once again clean and fresh.Fabulous breakfast. Really great location, All in all a great choice we had a wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

it was the worst experience ever the bed is full of bed bugs we saw bed bugs on the pillow but because I was very tired and it was only one night I didn't care when I checked out I had to visit the doctor my body was infected with inflammations from the bed bugs it was my mistake that I didn't take a photo and post it so people can see this hotel is horrible experience for me

The hotel doesn't have parking.

The hotel doesn't have parking. So, if you are going there with your own car, finding a parking within a walking distance is like hitting a jackpot. I wasted hours on the road to find a parking.

Excealent good .
    • Suite

foods with drink veary match money, and parking match money .

realaxcy rooms and clean room and fresh foods and sendley of reasturant my room and pearsons veary good nice , thank you.

The room honest its big and very nice

I book for 2 nights we are 2 person and they put only one towel then when i call the house keeping someone answer then he said sorry we dont have stock but after i make complain they pring already one more but second day they clean and they put only one again..hayyyz...and also i never expect what i saw also they put with the glasses of tea plastic spoon i really never happen with me before in any hotel...but honest the room was really fantastic but for what i type now i never saw like that before

The room honest its big and very nice

comfy stay, and value for money

Though the bathroom was hot due to the open vent exaust, but still am happy. There were some lighting issues, switches for lights were malfunctioning.

The hotel is not new but the bed was amazing. we paid for a standard twin bed room, but fortunate to got a suite room.

Very bad experience from staff name Elissa

There was a lady staff at the time of c/out name: Elissa she don't know what is Hospitality and how to behave the guest...I asked her the invoice she just throw the invoice and envelope in front of me and just show an action , Go...we done !!

The bed was nice and they upgraded to suite room

Location is very nice.

Noisy, not very clean & no free parking service

Location is very nice. There is a guy from Sudan was very friendly and helpful, along with the security guards were very friendly

Peaceful area and also close to city and corniche.... :)

I didn't find a single finding or observation with Al diar to advise. Infact I was about to appreciate with any of appraisal feedback form but due to lack of time I left.

Hotel is very neat and clean with good hygiene conditions and found what I requested while booking. Staff are excellent with polite manners.

Best, affordable and comfortable place to be at...

The Reception staff, Mark and Lisa the most efficient proffessional loving and helpful staff most importantly very approachable with a welcoming smile .. Thanx for giving us a friendly environment and a lovely stay.

Wrong Choice of Hotel

Upgrading you to a suite room at my own expense coz the roim that ive booked is not svsilable, usually hotel upgrades the room at no cost. My original room rate was 371AED but i ended up paying 571AED

Nothing interesting

Good location ... beware of taxes!

Be warned ... while the property has stated on booking.com that taxes etc. are not included ... there are many and in total these will add about 40% again to your bill! It is not a fault of the hotel, but it is good to be aware of this when calculating your travel budget.

It was a good experience staying at al diar mina it was so relaxing because of good ambiance of the

The room service im not good satisfied if you request something..not so approachable

Receptionist they are good and especially entertaining the guest and you will not wait long time..

overall it was good experience

room services are not doing good job in cleaning the room and changing towels with new ones

the location is good, and the staff are very helpful. All my requests had been answered fast

value for money in good luxury

breakfast too expensive

spacious and very neat room. Large double bed with firm mattreses. nice to have coffee and water bottles in the room. very good location. Lots of restaurants around the place.

need oven,knife ,spoon ,fork and plates keep in rooms .

need oven,knife ,spoon ,fork and plates keep in rooms . every time dont like to call the room service section why this stupid guys the glasses are keeping in toilet ????????this is the second time i saw its very disappointed

Fast check in.

The cleaning staffs outside were noisy at regular intervals. It was disturbing even though i understand that they are just doing their job. The sounds were so irritating..

Fast check in.. really fast..

My stay wasn’t that good since staff are taking advantage and asking to pay for the toothbrush

The staff asking to pay for every single Dirham of toothbrush. No lotion and conditioner and even extra towel. Very poor service and staff is not that friendly when asking for your needs

Ambience is just fine

Big and spacious room!

Parking - The only problem is parking. No basement parking for hotel visitors. This hotel was surrounded with others hotel and local residents. From 9.00 pm until 8.00 am that parking lot area was allocated for local residents only (unless you want to pay the violence ticket to Mawaqif). The nearest public space parking area is next to Sheraton, about 10mins walk to this hotel Wifi connection - considered poor in this country

Friendly Staff - Mr. Habib the front desk office was really helpful. Did late check in due to personal matter. It was almost 10.20 pm but Mr. Habib made things smooth and fast since my kids was sleepy. The best part was we got upgraded into Junior Suite. Masya Allah. Thank you again Mr. Habib! :) Room - was spacious but old furniture Mattress and pillows - comfy Toilet and shower - clean Door knob - room and toilet cannot lock

Upgrade the service

Price.. u should include everything in the sites even the taxes that they will pay.. over all price.. because what if the guest, just bring enough money from what we/they saw online.. and to think that whatever we do , we won’t have a money back if ever we cancel in a very short period of time

Very good.

Sometimes the bathroom floor is wet.

Good intertaining the Stapp to the guest and they always smile while talking to guest.the cleanleniss is good inside the building.

The behaviour of the reception there is one men I don't...

The behaviour of the reception there is one men I don't like that guy behaviour he do like as I am working under him, if someone one my friends they want to visit me so what happened to this guy. Morning time my two friends they visit to me and they left already and then evening time my one friend he wanna visit me then he said to me like it's now allowed to get more and more friends and the behaviour it was not good that's all

Better to try out other hotels next time
    • Suite

We booked a room with balcony.. but they gave a room with balcony which was locked. Asked for key and they didn’t give it. The staffs were not friendly especially the ones at reception. There is no parking spot. Charged 30 dhms for parking.

Don’t wish to say anything on this space.

Very good place

The most annoying thing was the noise coming from downstairs , although i was on the 6th floor , but i still could feel the music shaking my whole room. ( from 9 PM till 3:00 AM) . The hotel manager should be trying to fix this , even when you go down to lobby the music is really very loud.

I stayed there for 3 nights . The room was really big , clean , bed was comfortable , Wifi was strong enough.

I expected better

Paid parking.. Room meant for a couple but all towels and cleaning stuff were for 1 person!!! Kind of oldy hotel.

The staff at reception is very welcoming.

Good location, value for money and good staff.
    • Suite

The only comment, I would make is that they were kind of reluctant to give extra glasses for drinks in the room, as they wanted us to order items from the menu. We had friends come over to hang out and wanted to share some drinks.

Everything was very good. They have a pub downstairs with a band. The room was spacious and clean, especially the suite that we had booked. It was excellent value for money. The location of the hotel is excellent and great accessibility.

I recommend to my frnds it's seems like

Helping staff .nice room services food and the security was helpful

Excellent location outside city view and also the near to Cornish I like it and it's neat and clean

The room was spacious, slightly old style but nicely...

There was no hot water on my second evening. When checking out, they asked me to wait until they "check the room", which is rather unusual.

The room was spacious, slightly old style but nicely decorated, and definitely very good value for money.

OUT OF 10 GIVING ONLY 1.

LOCATION WAS CONJUSTED AND NO PLACE TO PARK THE VEHICLE AND HOTEL FACILITY WAS VERY POOR, IF IT IS JUST 25 OR 50 AED IS MORE JUST GO FOR ANY OTHER GOOD HOTEL.

OUT OF 10 GIVING ONLY 1.

Not happy

Location only

Check out time to be more linient.washroom only shampoo available and no moisture cream,conditioner and anything asking chargeable,no valet parking,not secured and privacy,alloted room occupied by someone coming out while entering

Value for money expect nothing more.

I have stayed on the 11th floor , and the window was full cracked and glued , it is very risky for a family with kids. Staff at reception need customer service intensive training program.

Location , size of the room and real value of money at my booking time

Im always want to stay here when Im in abu dhabi . Because the rooms are well organize and good .. its too relaxing too sleep in there soft bed and the facilities and clealiness is job well done 👍🏻🤗 Staff and the location was good .

location is good

There is no any control for the people coming in or out from the bar to the guest rooms , it's easy to find drunk person between at the guest room corridor

location is good

Hokey dokey good not better .

Reception should be with smile on face looking rigid and spat faces.

I went there from very far like barakah asked for delay checkout however we reached property late evening 8 .I thought reception very rude to asked .not alllowed Even I recommend to my colleagues for property but now I think about it ...

Budget hotel, good for one night stay

Very bad oddour inside the room. Room is too dark, with lots of AC units on the terrace. Receptionist and concierge chewing the gum while talking with the guests - in my opinion, that's rude. Someone wouldn't bother, but I am.

Size of the room, as we were upgraded to Suite. Bed was big and very comfortable.

I have enjoy the trip rather than staing at the hotel

This hotel stay is convenient for the travelers to travel the historical locations such as Sheikh Zayed grand mosque, Emirates Palace hotel,Heritage Village,Date and fruit Market, Iran Market and Sadyat Island.

Room service is not such goods, but the location is very good and the hotel facility was good, I recommend to have B/F from hotel because there are no hotel and the super markers near by. I have no hesitate to recommend this hotel for the travelers.

It was okay. Just fine. Not bad and not good.

There’s an awful smell inside the room. The bathroom tub is dirty. The customer service at the reception is very poor, not smiling, not approachable, not efficient with their work.

The bed is comfy.

Breakfast pathetic given me and my colleague both were...
    • Suite

Breakfast pathetic given me and my colleague both were vegetarians. Wifi not good enough to work on business applications just useful for surfing facebook

No bad at all for the money!

No bad at all for the money! Good for short stays. Very nice staff, they changed my room after I complain that there is a lot of noise and upgraded me to suite.

I called to reserve over the phone and I was given double the price compared to booking then he said because u want twin bed instead of queen :/ .. both options are of the same price .. he either want to take the difference for him self or he is not well trained ..

Nice place to stay

Cleanliness,Quit

I was a nice time in your hotel nice hospitality friendly front office staff and its nice to stay their ,and looking forward for more improvement.

It was okay

The staff took their time checking me in, the credit card machine was not working properly, and the photocopying machine was not working also which led them to keep my ID card over night. The hallways are smelly and the rooms are not that clean. The club on the first floor is noisy so I advice to book on higher floors. Lack of parking space anywhere near the building.

The bed is comfortable and there is free wifi.

The reception guy was Pakistani very good guy he upgrade me...

Room service was not good my wife she ask something to the guy but guy suddenly say no we don’t have

The reception guy was Pakistani very good guy he upgrade me his name is I think mubeen thanks for everything

Air conditioning was worst.

Air conditioning was worst. Breakfast Menu - Whole week irrelevant menu & Useless for the additional amount we paid. Better to avoid incase looking for Vegeterian Menu.

We had a good very stay at this hotel because the personnel was perfectly solution minded.

The room was on a high storey, and it was a problem for my wive to take the elevator, because she has claustrofobia. I had not communicated this with the hotel in advance. If I had done so I am sure the hotel would have reserved a room on a lower level. We appreciate that we got a spacious room when the personnel at the desk was informed about my wive's problem.

Breakfast was perfect, and made fresh. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The beds of this hotel were the best we had during our travel.

no comment.

I didn't sleep whole day its becuz some bugs staying in bed and chairs which bites my skin , please check about it in order to avoid complain in your future guest, it will affect in your business.

staff are very well accommodating.

worthy money .. but not on weekends !

Basic needs in the bathroom and coffee tables are not there ..

the clean environment was Good .. and so relaxing, and the cooperative staff. it was a good stay stay for me but not the best :)

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Noise from nightclub until very late. No parking, I had to pay 30 AED for someone from another hotel to park my car, As everywhere was permit only parking.

I asked for twin on booking.com as staying with my Dad. The Hotel automatically put me in a double room as they where fully booked. The hotel upgraded my room and brought in a extra bed. Free of charge. Very clean Staff very helpful and polite

Very bad

There is a night club on the 2nd floor of the building and it was very noisy I couldn't sleep all night.

Only the staff were friendly but everything else was so bad.

The location was perfect, it was close to the airport , only...

No comment

The location was perfect, it was close to the airport , only half an hour, and close to all the places I wanted to go to and see. The price was perfect for six nights I paid only (326 $) but without breakfast. I couldn't make it for breakfast anyway. The room was very big and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The room service was excellent and I will choose it again for sure next time.

except the room price, there is no advantage for this hotel

no parking Cleanliness of the corridors is not enough Cleanliness of the room is fair most of the staff are not friendly act

I have old memories for the hotel, as I spent 3 weeks in this hotel 22 years ago

Great Time

There was no shower slippers in the room.

It was really nice and the Receptionist 's.Morena was so helpful and gave me very good customer service.

Roomy but dirty

Unfortunately the furnitures were very dirty especially the couch. We found a cockroach in the bathroom which is gross!

Easy place to reach from the airport. Very big and confortable room.

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in.

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in. Room was large with a sitting area with a couch. The room was very, very clean and modern. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, helpful and professional. They even gave us a bottle of water for being a Choice Hotel member. The lobby was nice and clean. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

It's worse as I messed up with all my schedules as I don't have charged my mobile.

the staff aren't cooperating and they don't even provide chargers on demand at very urgent cases. No parking available and I need to wait for 1hrs even after booking on line. They are just arrogant.

The facility and location was good and it's heart of the city.

Nice for short stay.

Just the elevator. coz my sister and brother was in 10th floor and i was in the 11th floor, i have to use the stairs to go to their room as the elevator is as per your key card in your designated room.

Comfty room.

The less you speak about this hotel is less.

The less you speak about this hotel is less.we had great time here in this hotel.The facilities of this hotel are very good and the staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean and it is the best place to stay.we loved it...thank you..

Lack of amenities, bad customer service, aggressive security, they dont give u late check out. No parking, Receptionist should inform you that the parking outside is for residents only, bcoz I paid for parking "mawaqif" then I got fine 200 dirhames!!!! Simply it was bad experience!!

Nothing!!

I feel relax and comfortable.

I did not like is that i stay only for one night.i should stay more than a night

Staff are very accomodating...and I'm her comfortable with the ambiance..very comfty..

Better Find New Building Hotel

Old property- rooms, bath rooms all are old. No Parking Space (near all residential parking) Dental kit need to pay extra.

Heart of the city. Good club but not All Menu item available