Reviews of Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana 4 stars

Fatima bint Mubarak Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#24 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

recommend to live, I'll choose it again next time/

none so far

the staffs were so nice and helpful. the facilities are good enough to be comfort, a good location to go shopping and find foods. parking car is convinent as well!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Certainly a good choice, friendly staff, very good location,...
    • Classic King Studio

Did not provide shaving set, poor lighting in the rooms

Certainly a good choice, friendly staff, very good location, clean a little bit expensive, yet affordable.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Excellent staff and location
    • Classic King Studio

Several requests for a soft ‘topper’ type mattress, that was unfortunately wasn’t delivered, despite several visits to reception, this particular topper is requested every time we stay at the hotel (due to my wife’s recent back surgery) so not sure why we didn’t receive?

Excellent staff and location

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

good location, there are many bus stations near the hotel,...
    • Classic Twin Studio

the toothpaste and toothbrush should in the bath room

good location, there are many bus stations near the hotel, you can go to Yas islabu, Emirates Palace by bus, buy tickets at the bus station which the bus came from Dubai

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Was wonderfull
    • Classic King Studio

I think the lobby is too snall wich you couldn't have a privacy stay.

Almost every thing especialy the reception team as well as the facilities and the cleanes.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Rooms are good
    • Classic King Studio

There is only one person doing the valley parking and reception staff are slow to check in guest. Asked for a smoking room the staff gave me a non smoking had to change it. Management are stuck in there office and cannot see the problems. Honestly the service is equivalent to a 2 star hotel but the price is not. Check in staff was busy talking on the phone while she had to serve me great hospitality best in the hotel industry

Rooms are good

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Over all great staff, great food, would be nice if the...
    • Classic Twin Studio

Gcc residents travel with their smart IDs and not by passports, the hotel staff would not check me in because i showed him my GCC id which i used to enter the country and would insist on passport.I had checked in alot of hotels in UAE prior with only ID and not passport.This is little bit not satisfying

Over all great staff, great food, would be nice if the coffee at breakfast tasted better or be hot atleast

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Stay at the heat of town - Rotana Arjan
    • Classic King Studio

The hotel location is genius you are in the heart of the city. Also the value for money was really good. Front staff are really competent and they are professional. The gym is well equipped and available 24/7 for the hotel guests

wonderful stay
    • Classic King Studio

Upon check in i informed the desk staff from Romania that my secretary made a mistake on my booking and that my check out date was a day earlier and if he could please make the amendment. He blatently refused claiming that i had to go in my room and go on booking.com and make it myself. Booking.com then did not give me this option. Upon check out i had a nice lady at the desk who called booking.com and we sorted out this issue very calmly and professionally . i was placed on a floor with a lot of indian family closed by and they made a lot of noise in the night, banging doors and talking loud. Aside from these 2 issues, the place itself is wonderful !!

The room was beyond expectation. very nice, clean and comfortable. it had a small sink , mini fridge , sort of like a little studio without oven. it was perfect.

A spacious apartment in AD
    • Deluxe Suite

The pool was too cold although the hotel told us it was temperature-controlled. It was clearly not!

The breakfast and the restaurant were superb. The quality and variety of food were excellent or five stars.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

the location , how professional is the staff , very helpful ...
    • Classic Twin Studio

may be the way that tax are applied shows some hidden expenses or unexpected

the location , how professional is the staff , very helpful , all good over all this one of the best location in AD

Good central and clean with courteous staff
    • Classic Suite

The pick up and drop was extremely bad. They park their cars anywhere and you have to wait endlessly. The staff are not able to control the cars. The should be able to guide the guests where to park.

Good central and clean with courteous staff

Highly recommend and will definitely consider booking there again.
    • Classic King Studio

I've traveled to the UAE many times over the past few years and I have to say my one week stay at this hotel was probably my best and most comfortable yet. Everything about the place exceeded my expectations from the facilities, spacious rooms, cleanliness of the place and the staff. Location wise, it's pretty convenient for tourists as you have a variety of fast food restaurants in front of the hotel, currency exchange offices and Lulu's supermarket. Those who want a quick breakfast can go down to the lobby and sit in Cafe 302 which offers great food and nice atmosphere. They don't lie about it being strategically situated in Downtown Abu Dhabi, 10-15 min taxi rides take you to the bigger malls of the city like Al Wahda Mall, WTC mall and Marina Mall. I have yet to book at any hotel twice, but this place might just break the habit.

Highly recommend this place especially if you are traveling with your family.
    • Classic Twin Studio

I guess pool should be covered with automatic shade because its very hot to use pool at day time.

Had a very pleasant stay in Al Maha Arjaan. Th staff was extremely cooperative and helpful with pleasant smile on their faces. Exceptionally clean and center location is a huge plus. On top of it, so many restaurants and shopping areas are at walking distance. Very comfortable bed and family environment in the hotel. Would love to stay there again when ever i plan to visit Abu Dehbi in future.

Staff and location, breakfast was good but I expected to get...
    • Classic King Studio

Swimming pool was the worst part of hotel, it was very small like a private pool, it is good for 2 or max 3 person in it . if you want to go to this hotel over the weekend and spend your time in health club , I am not advising you

Staff and location, breakfast was good but I expected to get my omlet by myself and choose all ingredients by myself

It was fine.
    • Classic Twin Studio

Everything is good comfy bed, location, value for money and cleanliness Except swimming pool it is a little small You cannot swim just deep down other wise you will hit someone in the pool.

Good except that my complain was not attended to for two days out of my three nights stay
    • Deluxe Suite

I complain of a faulty kichenette in my one bedroom apartment which was not fixed and no apology and reason offered for two days which denied me the comfort of preparing my meals for my wife and two children.

1. Although my reservations was 2 adults and 2children...

1. Excellent location, breakfast 2. Very comfort bed. 3. Clean rooms.

1. Although my reservations was 2 adults and 2children (including breakfast) , that asked for addition cost for children breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very bad

How my case was handled

It was ok. But due to the confusion on the payment and me having to pay in cash and until now not getting the money credited to my account it made the whole stay irrelevant.

Relaxing
    • Classic King Studio

I like all, no negative feedback

I like how the staffs accommodated us. Pleae maintain this and also the cleanliness. If you have promos or anything kindly notify us. We will be back un AUH and we assure you that we will stay again in your hotel. Keep it up.

Pefecttttt
    • Classic King Studio

Everything was amazing ... the only thing is that the basement parking entrance is small for the big cars ...

Absolutely perfect accommodation and hotel staffs
    • Deluxe Suite

I lived in studio apartment (1 bedroom, 1 living room and kitchen) with my family (2 adults and 2 children) and this apartment was very big, nice and clean, with 2 TVs (one for me and second for my children :-) ). Swimming pool was amazing and usually we were there almost alone. The breakfast was awesome and tasty. Hotel staffs were absolutely perfect and helpful. PS: Because I had birthday during this accommodation I got birthday cake with congratulations from hotel staffs. It was very much surprised for me :-D.

Improve the soundproofing.. Let's sleep
    • Classic King Studio

Room soundproofing is almost not there as you can hear everything around you from the corridor shouts, water tap running in the other toilet to the doors getting closed and opened... Really disturbing

Any other thing is quite fine and awesome

Amazing, friendly hotel and excellent value for money
    • Classic Twin Studio

Amazing staff who made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived. We upgraded to a suite which was beautiful and spacious. Swimming pool was lovely and the lifeguards were so friendly showing our son how to swim.

Excellent location, very nice and comfortable stay.
    • Classic Suite

None, but maybe the carpet was too old, and the lobby area is too small.

Excellent location, very nice and comfortable stay. I will stay again definitely

One of the best family friendly hotels in abudhabi
    • Classic King Studio

Staff are the greatest asset of this hotel, very friendly and attentive, always there when you need them, location is perfect as it's centrally located in the heart of abudhabi island, no night club or alcohol provides an amazing sense of family security. Amazing professional SPA if you are looking for a relaxing clean experience, and 302 cafe/ restaurant always delivers .

Superb
    • Classic King Studio

I loved everything. I told them I can't check out at 12noon because my ride was not there, they made me stay till 6pm. That was really good. Thank you once again

I had a problem with the AC, the went above and beyond to fix it and make me happy

Great and comfortable stay, recommended
    • Classic King Studio

Only thing I can think of: the swimming pool on the roof was a little small and not really suitable for swimming some laps. It is more suitable for hanging in and around the pool to escape the outside heat.

Awesome stay! Room was spacious, quiet, comfortable, and clean, with a fairly quiet air condition system, a decent size fridge, and a large bathroom. To my taste the bed was a little hard, but of good quality. Breakfast is great with lots of choice and different options each day. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Great hotel for Abu Dhabi City trip
    • Classic King Studio

We had booked a king room and were told they were fully booked and that we would be given a twin room. This was fixed when we said we would stay somewhere else.

Nice room, great breakfast, good pool.

Comfortable bed. Only downfall was the hotel restaurants poor food and service.
    • Classic King Studio

The restaurant food and service was terrible. Over priced for such small portions.. expensive salad bowl which ended up being mostly dried lettuce. Very poor, so didn’t eat there again.

Very comfy bed, clean rooms

Staff was so friendly and the service was perfect.
    • Classic King Studio

Staff was so friendly and the service was perfect. The room is very spacious and modern looking. Great location, right in downtown and close to the Corniche

Unpleasant and disappointing...
    • Classic King Studio

My stay wasn't comfortable at all. Poor hygiene & cleanliness was my biggest issue;I tried to make me a coffee the minute i get to the room, when i poured the water from the kettle i found hair in the mug i didn't know if it was in the kettle or the mug. That wasn't a promising start. Moreover,that puts off my appetite for the entire day,the bathroom floor was also full of hair.. the blanket & the bed covers were old & over used.. the room was dim because of the poor lighting & the dark-colored furniture..Breakfast was also very disappointing.. Honestly, every thing was far less than what I'm used to & expecting from rotana group.. if I only had time & energy I would have checked out 10 mins after I entered the room...

I only liked the location as it's close to every thing.. Also the staff was nice, welcoming & helpful.. yet overall I was really disappointed.. again especially for rotana group...

The staff was excellent!
    • Classic Twin Studio

The staff was excellent! We had trouble finding my booking with breakfast. After checking reception called and found it for me. Staff was both paitent and efficient. Thanks a bunch!😁

Everything I hoped for.
    • Classic Twin Studio

Our room was great and the beds very comfortable. The staff were always helpful, nice and smiling. The location is super convenient. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again when I come back to Abu Dhabi.

Excellent hotel and the room rates were very good.
    • Classic King Studio

The hotel is modern, very clean, has excellent food, the rooms are quiet and it is located downtown Abu Dhabi where everything you need is within walking distance.

The staff - if I can review them with 100 stars I will.
    • Classic King Studio

The AC. We had a problem with the settings of AC, was so cold we felt in the evening we gonna be freezing. We called the reception which they immediately send an engineer. Unfortunately he couldn't do anything as he said they don't have any setting for reverse as for heat they don't have heat in the hotel. Which is strange as that night it was chilly, people wearing jackets and cardigans. The reception staff said that they can try to move us in another room though but for us that's wouldn't make any difference, the problems been in all the hotel. I asked for an extra blanket which they send us right away. So because we turned off the AC and we have had an extra blanket in the end was alright.

The staff - if I can review them with 100 stars I will. Reception staff amazing. Restaurant staff amazing. Treating you with respect and smiling all the time. Breakfast amazing. Lots of options offered on continental, asian or indian .Lots of Frits, pastries, cereals , meals, drinks, vegetables, salads, deserts,etc. Honestly the breakfast was awesome. The place it self that kind of boutique cafe restaurant designed with such good taste . The pool on 21 st floor we've seen it but not use it as we didn't have enough time. Looks great. We did use the spa- reflexology- massage facility for a massage witch it was relaxing. And good discounted price offer at the reception.

Good value for money
    • Classic Twin Studio

Limited breakfast buffet option, an the fact that tea and coffee had no self service station during the buffet

Overall the hotel was a good balance b/w courteous staff and a well maintained facility.

Great place, warm hearts.
    • Classic King Studio

Nothing to be said here.

Service, hospitality and rooms are all great. Clean rooms and the atmosphere felt so friendly and warm. The receptionists are so inviting with their smiles and friendliness. It is a place I would check in again.

• Classic King Studio

Paid parking, i had to carry my bags the receptionist told to wait for 15 minuets , slow receptionists for checking and checkout.

Booked one bedroom apartment it was quite and clean, fast internet Wifi.

I like the spacious and clean room, the breakfast, the...
    • Deluxe Suite

The kids weren't able to use the pool as it is too deep for them.

I like the spacious and clean room, the breakfast, the location, and the helpful staff (especially Ms. Zoe). They arranged a special treat for my daughter who was celebrating her birthday at that time. Thank you very much! Although we had to wait for a little over an hour for our room to be ready, we were given complimentary late checkout at 5 p.m. Overall, we had a nice stay. The kids didn't want to leave!

Convenient place to explore Abu Dhabi for the first time.
    • Classic King Studio

Minor things: the cleaning of the room happens at very random hours. The carpet and the wallpaper in my room were stained. The breakfast room from 9 to 10 is crazy busy.

The hotel is in an excellent location, close to transportation, shopping malls, restaurants and 25 min walk from the beach. Breakfast was excellent in terms of variety. Good coffee as well. The gym, pool and jacuzzi in the 21st floor were fantastic.

Good hotel, value for money, good location.
    • Classic Twin Studio

Dragos at the reception was very kind and helped us to change our room. We celebrated New Year’s eve at Cafe 302, amazing set menu and great service.

Good location in the centre of Abu Dhabi
    • Classic Suite

Unnecessarily long time to check in because we'd been given a smoking room having requested non smoking at time of booking. All sorted in the end.

Very helpful staff, lovely facilities, excellent breakfast, good location, complimentary valet parking.

I and my family really enjoyed the stay...
    • Classic King Studio

Toiletries items such as Toothpaste and toothbrushes are not provided unless asked for. Additionally there is no shattaf. Payment process.. I already made the full payment in advance via booking.com but hotel asked for full deposit during check in and full payment during checkout. Thanks for booking.com for settling the matter with the hotel.

Good hotels with clean rooms, clean bed and toilet

I spent a week here and I would easily spend more time. Will be returning again. Highly recommended.
    • Classic King Studio

Internet speed was a little slow sometimes clocking in at about 3-4 Mbps.

Food was great. The breakfast buffet had more than you could desire. The room service menu was excellent.

Comfortable Stay / Great Location / Spacious Rooms
    • Classic King Studio

The location is a great middle point from the Corniche / Marina Mall as well as Saadiyat & Al Reem Island. Staff we very friendly and helpful!

wonderful, lots of lux in some places
    • Classic King Studio

Unfortunately Abu Dhabi's attractions are all over the place, so a bit of travelling with walking, hop on hop off bus and taxi is required. The traffic lights take forever, and how slow do hop on hop off drivers drive????? and could they possibly go in opposite direction....obviously not! Some of the attractions closed eg the Fort, and some of the alleged attractions...parks with swings c'mon! and heritage sites that close at 3.45 pm when shops close at midnight..BS.

Close to business end of town, great malls and shops nearby, some of the best coffee in AD, and food and service in restaurant 302 was great. Friendly helpful staff, free coffee on arrival whilst waiting a short time to check-in was bonus, concierge and FOH staff very helpful, room was beautiful, view over street excellent especially seeing the queues for the 1/2 price Adidas shoes across the road. Some brilliant attractions, once you get there including Mosque, Palace Hotel, Etihad Towers Observation Floor, malls and The Louvre.

It exceeded my expectation and thanks to all the staff.
    • Classic King Studio

Staff are friendly. Breakfast is good. Location is within reasonable taxi journey to everywhere we visited. Hair dyer and mattress are good. Shower is powerful.

Exellent hotel that makes one feel welcome and appreciated.
    • Classic King Studio

Housekeeping can do better with cleaning especially the bathroom where we found strands of hair in the shower on arrival. This was a bit disgusting as its not ours.

Everything about the hotel was great, staff very friendly and caring, went above duty to make sure we are comfortable.

The breakfast facility was awesome - they had a very big...
    • Classic King Studio

The breakfast facility was awesome - they had a very big spread of great food, we were spoilt for choice. The manager and the waiters were friendly and attentive. The frontline staff were super great, very helpful and serviced with a smile.

Great and convenient place to chill with family and friends within the city
    • Classic Suite

Nothing that I can think or aware of.

Very convenient location. Unbelievably courteous and helpful staffs. Prompt delivery of service after placing a call. Baby crib/ cot is always available when required.

Internal communication between staff I did not feel it, I...
    • Classic King Studio

Internal communication between staff I did not feel it, I requested for restertant menio to order from room and it was received after several phone calls and the surprise was when housekeeping staff opened the door directly when we as a family where in already! In next day after cleaning up room we found used towel still in bath room and wasn't replaced with clean One! There are limited parking around the hotel but this is not the issue, There was only one staff who is parking cars which means you have to wait in a queue! One more observation that there i Was no wddtional bed cover light if you are not willing to sleep under big bed cover! The cushions are old, poor and not comfortable at all which lead to strong headache in the morning!

Cultural visit in Abu Dhabi
    • Deluxe Suite

My friends and I we loved the breakfast, by the variety and the delicious Americano coffee. If you stay more than one day you can try different types of bread, fruits and fresh juices. The room is so comfortable and clean. The location is good if you’re planning to visit the Marina and the Louvre Museum. You can enjoy the swimming pool and the sun :) It was a great weekend :)

Will stay again if in the area.
    • Classic Twin Studio

Area seems great, though only used it for the F1 track, which is about 30 minutes and 65-80 Dirhams. Staff are lovely, pool is nice and breakfast was great.

Great breakfast and very good housekeeping.
    • Classic Twin Studio

Great breakfast and very good housekeeping. Friendly reception and everything worked well. Nice pool area even if there's no bar there. In general better than many much more expensive hotels in the area.

Fantastic stay, definitely will book again!
    • Classic King Studio

Water pressure was a just a tad weaker than I had hoped, but still acceptable.

Very comfortable room, fast check in and check out, room service food was delicious, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful, good space in fridge for your own drinks and food, great bathrobe and towels, great connectivity options build in with HDMI and USB ports, very good security for the parking lot and even elevator access, fantastic insulation with a quiet room despite being in a busy area. Highly recommended.

Superb stay!
    • Classic King Studio

I had to pick up a visitor from the lobby because of the elevator access card. In most hotels that use access card, a member of the Front Desk or Concierge usually would accompany the guest to the elevator.

It's been a while since I last stayed, and I was amazed by the recent renovation. The room now sports a modern interior that is very pleasing to the eye and made the stay more comfortable. Gone is the old, chunky 32" LCD TV, and is replaced by a much bigger smart LED TV which is flushed to the wall. Kudos to Thei from front Desk, who was really very accommodating during the my stay. It is very rare to see a Front Desk staff calling you by name, from her memory!

Amazing, truly amazing!!
    • Classic King Studio

There was nothing I didn’t like

Everything was fantastic, the service, the staff, the property. Amazing, it really was amazing!! Should I come back to Abu Dhabi, I would want to stay there.

Great location, specious room, good wifi
    • Classic Twin Studio

they did not provided enough electrical sockets for charging of various gazets like phone, ipad, pc and that too multiple because of 2 persons in the room.

Room and bathroom was specious, no complaints whatsoever for comfort, cleanliness, promptness of staff, location is middle of the city

Staff and property, trying to make up for all the errors or...
    • Classic King Studio

Property charged my debit card twice for strange amounts prior to arrival although IT was pay at property. In room dining experience wasn't great.

Staff and property, trying to make up for all the errors or mishaps earlier, provided complimentary fruit baskets.

Very nice hotel.

All good.

Very nice hotel. Staff is friendly and genuinely cares. Rooms were spacious. Wifi worked with no problems and connected quickly. Extensive breakfast choice. Rooftop pool is not huge but a nice place.

will be back to it always
    • Classic King Studio

EVERTHING WAS GREAT; the staff ; the parking ; the room layout and finishing's; the cleaning; quality of beds and bed cover and the air conditioning ; the bathrooms and facilities in the hotel altogether ; near by shops and in center of town

Great lunch venue downstairs.
    • Classic King Studio

Car got scratched at Valet. Small scratch, but should have been brought to my attention by the Hotel and not found out by myself.

Great lunch venue downstairs. Also the staff is helpful. The pool on the roof is nice if you're there for a day / weekend.

The staff are amazing.
    • Classic King Studio

The staff are amazing. Especially Dragash and the lady who checked as in. Amenities are complete however there is only 1 set. But overall, we had a nice stay.

I will NEVER stay there again
    • Classic Twin Studio

The rooms are not clean The stuff doesnt care about the housekeeping Bathroom is worse thing I changed my room to another one and still not clean

Abu Dhabi
    • Classic King Studio

Weren't able to check in on arrival so were told to order tea or coffee while we wait. Althought we were told it waa for free, we were fully charged for this. Very disappointing as check in was at 2 and it was almost 3 by the time we got our room key!

Lovely room

The best down town location; excellent value for money and very welcoming
    • Classic Twin Studio

Almost nothing other than occasionally difficult parking but the parking attendants are very helpful and make this much less of a problem.

The staff are always super helpful and friendly. The location is also the best in Abu Dhabi for my purposes.

Perfect Staycation, exceeded my expectations :)

We had a great stay. Nice location. Restaurants and Fast foods are everywhere. The staff are very accomodating. We enjoyed the facilities ( gym, steam room, jaccuzi, temp controlled pool) Thank you for the complimentary birthday cake for my sister :) I'm rating this hotel more than 10 :)

1. Very central location, very well appointed hotel
    • Classic King Studio

Check in/out a little slow as only one member of staff on Beds very hard but managed to get a new room with a soft mattress

1. Rooms were very well appointed with excellent WiFi access and all the sport and movie channels on the TV. 2. Cleaning and concierge staff excellent. 3. Parking staff excellent 4. Room service menu and staff excellent.

Spacious, clean and staff was accommodating
    • Classic King Studio

The receptionist gave me wrong information which caused a bit of inconvenience on my part but everything was sorted out eventually

Spacious, clean and staff was accommodating

Great, awesome, lovely, cozy
    • Classic King Studio

They exceeded my expectations, friendly receptionist, the parking is very fast, two minutes and my car was ready with smile. Definitely ill be regular customer

We are thinking to do steam but the lady in the reception of...
    • Classic Twin Studio

We are thinking to do steam but the lady in the reception of the gym is not so accomodating,I dont know if the steam room needs to be turn on or what so we decided not to do it after we swim...

Very comfortable, budget friendly stay.
    • Classic King Studio

The Cafe 302, could have been a bit more better in vegetarian dishes and order for cakes may be taken in short notice as well.

Nothing specific in liking or disliking. Had a comfortable stay. Me and my family were very happy.

satisfied and best to recommend to friends.
    • Classic Twin Studio

;) card requirements every time using the lift ;)

room quality, pool for my daughter's satisfaction, full body massage from jennifer and rate as well.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Very accessible to the city

Internet connection