Reviews of Manzil Downtown 4 stars

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai PO Box 114822, Downtown Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#45 of 384 hotels in Dubai

Easy access to down town Dubai
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms are small and the showers are impossible to maintain a consistent heat. If there is a late night event in the central courtyard and you want to sleep - forget it! The soccer world cup was on and it was full of very annoying fans.

Location, Location, Location. Great access to everything down town at a reasonable price compared to others. The area surrounding is slowly getting developed which means better restaurant choices and all very easily within walking distance ---- YES even in the heat. Lobby staff always make me feel very welcome. I have stayed at the Manzil 11 times this year alone.

Very nice hotel
    • Deluxe Room

They refused to pay online or on phone only cash or card at the same time. I have lost my card so I was worry So it end up using another personal card

Location very good. Staff very nice

Fair
    • Deluxe Room

Service is slow.I used to stay in Manzil since 4 yeara. This time I felt that the service has been declined as if the management has changed.

The view and location.
    • Deluxe Room

AC was not working fine when i arrived and it took from them to fix it more than 2 hours, it was disaster because we were tired and want to take rest, in addition to that the room’s smell was really really bad! Don’t know why! This issue was not happened for the first time! Their rooms always smell bad! And they did nothing about it...

The view and location.

Top location, great experience, friendly & professional staff
    • Deluxe Room

There is nothing to not like (as all was a great experience) but always to improve, like emails communications (have not been resolved and as requested room too but I believe it was due busy period). Otherwise, all is Top rate and great experience with Manzil Downtown. Friendly and professional team, atmospheric designer of the Hotel, great location.

Great location, just few minutes away from Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Mall & Burj Khalifa. Amazing area, residential, great to walk around, great restaurants around, one of to recommend is Karak House (good for breakfast). Manzil Mall just 1min (next to the Hotel) where you can find Spinneys, some restaurants, beauty spa, pharmacy, etc. Traditional and atmospheric (twist with modern) designer of the Hotel, the scent in the entrance of the Hotel makes spiritual,

The bed was big and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room

The bed was big and comfortable. the hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We enjoyed Mina’s Moroccan milk tea during our stay in particular. The hotel was close to the airport and the Dubai mall, perfect for our transit in Dubai.

Excellent location, beautiful facility.
    • Deluxe Room

Amazing hotel in a great location. We walked across the street to a mall that led us to the fountains and Burj Khalifa. Beautiful rooms extra comfy beds!!

Will definitely be back soon.
    • Deluxe Room

There was nothing I didn't like. Perhaps one thing is to have a manual switch for the wardrobe light. I had to get out off bed a few times to close the doors tightly so the automatic light would go off.

The breakfast was excellent. Staff excellent. The general decor and ambiance was superb. Pool lovely. Gym good. Iftar in the courtyard was a memorable experience. Loved everything about it. There was a lovely aroma throughout the hotel.

Location is superb for up town close to Dubai mall.
    • Deluxe Pool View Room

Not all staff well trained , had a bother with pool & restaurant staff but managers were problem solvers

Location is superb for up town close to Dubai mall. Plenty of Restaurants in & around the hotel.

Very comfortable property for a short stay.
    • Deluxe Room

A solid partition should be there between the dressing n the sleeping area.

Excellent location, friendly staff, For privacy there should be a door between the bath n the bedroom area.

Not wow
    • Deluxe Room

the toilet was dirty i guess that they just change the towels without cleaning. Poor service , i asked for late check out and the receptionist promised me to check with her manager and call me back but she didn’t!

Good location, and i would like to thank one of the staff Wazir he was very helpful and friendly.

I don’t think I’ll stay again there.
    • Deluxe Room

Room service provided breakfast and diner wrong twice. Room looked and felt better before Cafe in lobby was more comfy before.

Location and friendly staff.

It was a nice stay, nice small hotel with excellent location,but service needs improvement.
    • Deluxe Room

I didnt like some of the staff at the breakfast buffet specifically this arabic lady, dont knkw her name tho.. I was very suprised that when I entered she would not seat me just let me go even tho when there was another lady ekaterina who was always nice and smiling at the buffet she would always ask me where would i like to sit but the most shocking was the fact that this arabic lady she would seat an arabic guests well i guess they treat you based on your nationality which is unaccaptable for me since all the guests should be treated the same way. This was very disapointing for me and this should not happen even in a 4 star hotel!!! Also i have to mention courtyard shisha place I mean there is such a bad service, you literally have to chase them if u want to order or pay, i really dont get why this place is so crowded because service and staff is poor.

Love the location, evrything around, walking distance to dubai mall and fountains, its super safe plus many restaurants and coffee shops are around. Hotel is nice, love the arabic vibe. Pool is small but very nice and clean. Staff at the pool is super nice also guys at the reception are always helpfull.

Loved it. Will stay at it once again for sure!
    • Deluxe Pool View Room

Didn't like the variation of breakfast buffet. Expected it to have more items.

the room was extraordinary. Staff were friendly. Location was superb!

bad hotel, good lic
    • Deluxe Room

the room design was bad, the space could have been designed much better to make the space look bigger. i dont recommend this hotel as there are many better options in dubai

The service was exceptional.
    • Burj View Suite

I wish that there was a magnifying mirrors in the bathroom.

I stayed in a burj view suite, the room was extremely comfy and cozy. very clean with amazing service and friendly staff.

We chose this hotel for it's central location and were very happy with our choice
    • Deluxe Room

Delicious breakfast to suit every taste in nice surroundings with extra attentive staff. Extra comfy beds with high quality linen and ultra clean bathroom with good power shower

I won't come back to this hotel!
    • Deluxe Room

There is a shisha bar in the hotel, very noisy all night long! Pool is dirty, I couldn't swim in it! Fare from the beach!

Good breakfast, large variety of nice food. Rooms are comfortable and good size. Location is great, only few minutes walking distance from Dubai mall. Good shopping area!

Excellent hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Everything was amazing and perfect. Friendly staff, location, room view, restaurant opens until late which is perfect, oud smell throughout the hotel, clean room and its facilities. It is one of the best hotels in Dubai. I will stay in this hotel next time for sure Insha Allah.

It was great except for late check in (3 pm.)
    • Deluxe Room

This was not my first time in this hotel, everything was very good except for checking in time! It was at 3! I find it late.

Location, housekeeping and maintenance staff, and the coffee service at the entrance.

I had a great lounge & swimming pool view.
    • Deluxe Room

I didn't like the fact that free services versus charged services wasnt explained to me at the time of check in.

I had a great lounge & swimming pool view. Very clean. Supper friendly & helpful staff.

Relaxing and homey
    • Deluxe Room

The fact that the bathroom is open to the room. It's fine when u are alone but was wondering if with company may not be as ideal

The food was delicious. The room was comfy and loved how close it was to everything

perfect hotel

i liked every thing

every thing was perfect and easy to have it done the staff was the best ,location is great one,facilities and rooms was perfect i would like to recomend it to every one going to dubai

Good
    • Burj View Suite

When we arrived our room was not ready wich was unusual ( our arrival time was at 4 p.m). And I ordered a baby crib at the time of my reservation and they did not bring it until i asked for it again.

Nice stay downtown
    • Deluxe Room

Sometimes the staff was a bit slow at taking your order (at breakfast). I had appreciated to have a spa with massage possibilities...

I did like the location , close to Dubai Mall, the view on Burj Khalifa and the hotel style, the outside restaurant with the sisha and the neighborhood with nature. You hear the birds in the morning!

Very good
    • Deluxe Room

I booked one room for 2 adults and one child .. When I checked in I had to pay extra charge for my child. The extra taxes weren’t mentioned during booking.

No information for extra charge during booking

Cozy, convience of proximity to main attractions and friendly staff
    • Deluxe Room

The bathroom without a door is a bit uncomfortable

The location is great for a walk in MBR’s Boulevard in the breezy weather from December to March. The staff are very cooperative and friendly. Everyone From the recipionists to the waiters to the lobby and the delicious Arabic coffee. This hotel is very cozy and highly recommended for families.

Location is great.
    • Deluxe Room

Housekeeping staff need better training. When tidying the room they left my eyeglasses in the minibar cupboard rather than by my bedside! Room is dark and doesn't get much natural light. The rooms are small.

Location is great. Bed is super comfy.

My room faces Burj Khalifa.
    • Deluxe Room

I did not like the bed and the pillows. Temperature for hot shower was inconsistent/ unstable.

My room faces Burj Khalifa. The view was awesome. Walking distance to Dubai Mall and adjacent to souqs/eateries.

The staff was very nice.
    • Deluxe Room

The temperature of the water changes all time in the shower

The staff was very nice. They also cleaned the room twice a day! I liked that a lot! Very good hotel near the Dubai Mall! I will come back here for sure!

4.5
    Cleaning the hotel room
    • Deluxe Room

I was there for 5 nights the room is never clean even with calling to clean the room even with keeping the sign to clean the room on the door ,I spoke to the reception manager on the 3rd in the Evening I told him they still did not clean the room from yesterday his name is is ismael his answer was silent and he told me I don’t know what to say, I asked I that your answer, what abaaaaaaaaaaaad manager, I asked to meet the hotel manager he did not give a chance to pass the complaint he gave me excuses that he is not in the Hotele busy I asked about the manager number I did not get it . I hope they will take care of this problem with the Nice hotel.

Best Dubai Stay
    • Deluxe Room

Superior Luxury - could be 5 star hotel. Staff are most helpful and accommodating. Wonderful Location to Dubai Mall. Lovely walkways and plenty of dining options all around.

Fantastically upgraded hotel - excellent stay, relaxing and well cared-for!
    • Deluxe Room

Slightly cloying smell in reception - but not overly bothersome.

The hospitality, professionalism of all staff (Reception, Pool, Entrance/Greeting), cleanliness of the property in general, no access to the bar from the hotel (lack of rowdiness, general unacceptable behaviour which was present 3-4 years ago).

Location and staff
    • Deluxe Room

The shower is very bad. You can’t control it. Either bery hot or bery cold. The TV is just a decoration. Never works, and if it does work, you can bever surf channels at ease

Location and staff

Definitely coming again!
    • Deluxe Room

Perhaps for the sake of privacy, close off the entire section of the bathroom rather than just the toilet/shower areas. Would be great if you add a Nespresso machine as well :)

Rooms were very well spaced and quite clean. Staff were very attentive.

first, we don't find someone to welcome us and take our...

room-cleanliness

first, we don't find someone to welcome us and take our luggage and they gave us the room at 4:40 pm and the usual check-in in the other hotels at 2 pm but they have their rule at 3 and I accept their rules. the room was really dirty and really bad I cant feel comfortable I tried to call the room-service like 30 min on-hold then they transferred me to the manager and he came and solve the problem he gave us another room. but I enjoyed the room-view, the great location and the delicious breakfast its really worth

Very Good
    • Deluxe Pool View Room

I didnot like when the bar on the swimming pool did not believe me that i am a guest inside the hotel & told me to bring my k-net to pay !

The service room excellent ! The cafe was very good ! The hotel staff were friendly !

wasn't satisfied from my stay comparing for the rate of the room !
    • Deluxe Room

pillows wasn't comfy ! staff at the reception was picking his nose in a bad way reception wasn't welcoming , i m not sure is because we have check in late at night and they were tiered ? ! small rooms ! shower low pressure maintenance during our stay !

nice design !

just perfect
    • Burj View Suite

it was our third visit on the same hotel, because it was and remains excelent choise when visiting dubai. Location is also perfect. This time I also notice extreme wifi speeds!! more than 100Mbps on doenload and download. and very stable. And strong signal everywhere, also outside from the hotel!

Amazing hotel, just avoid the courtyard’s bad service
    • Deluxe Room

The courtyard - main restaurant, shisha and drinks place to go to - is absolutely amazing. We also invited some people for a business meeting. Getting the attention of the staff however is a different issue. We had the impression that they were either understaffed or that they prefer to give priority to their regulars. This happened more than one night in a row.

The hotel’s new design is beautiful and the location is great.

A very decent place.
    • Deluxe Burj View Room

The hot water is changing to cold in the shower. The toilet has no door.

The baby crib was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was ridiculously comfortable.

The place - the staff specialy Ms.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel need some maintenance specially for bathroom facilities , shower was hard to maintain the temperature, sinks , room carpets as well as the TV

The place - the staff specialy Ms.Nadya from reception she was helpful.

Rooms need improvement but perfect location and very nice staff.Would visit again !
    • Deluxe Room

More cleanliness needed. Dust in the furniture . The outside areas of the hotel are very traditional style .Would like to see the rooms in more traditional style and more luxurious.

Very good location .Walking distance to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall

Location, clean and the staffs were very friendly especially...
    • Deluxe Room

Location, clean and the staffs were very friendly especially Ms. Aye Myat as she is very welcoming us and try her best to make our staying comfortable and enjoyable.

I don’t usually rate hotels!
    • Deluxe Room

I don’t usually rate hotels! But this one really impressed me, loved it and I’ll definitly stay in it again , thanks to the professional and friendly staff, beautiful hotel , perfect location

Luxurious hotel with amazing staff. Will defiantly return.
    • Burj View Suite

Honestly the best place I have stayed. The staff are so polite and willing to go out of there way to help. The staff have helped with multiple queries we had. The rooms are super clean and the cleaners will do as much as they can to make you feel comfortable and at home. The burj suite was beautiful, amazing view of the burj. The mall is only a five minute walk and there is a Starbucks next door to the hotel. Best hotel ever.

Great location, Greater staff
    • Deluxe Room

There is no Spa, Bathrooms without doors If you do not smook “ Shisha -in the open backyard -“ the lobby setting area is boring, Room fee is high I wish if their is i separate enterance to the backyard Shisha area

The staff were exceptionally polite and gentle, especially Mr. Ismaeil, Mr.Kareem and Mr. Mena a little mistake had occured at my check in day, which turned positively in my advantage, During the whole stay i was shy from the level of care given to me. The location is great “ especially in winter so you can walk in open air” Starbucks is almost twenty steps beside the hotel Dubai mall is within ten minutes walking

Great Luxury Boutique Hotel in Down Town Dubai

nothing ...

On a busy new year weekend , in downtown Dubai , was warmly welcomed by professional and friendly reception staff .. Yo don't expect on such a busy and full occupancy place , to have a warm and customized check in ( and check out ) .. The hotel is pretty big , but you don't feel it , and in such a busy area , the Manila is a quiet heaven , great interior design .. Rooms are big with a top of the rank bed .. Breakfast was perfect , and overall stay a great success in any means.. A nice ..feel home away from home ..boutique hotel experience , with a great Team .. Wonderful experience

• Deluxe Pool View Room

Staff are not not professional and need training. Melani was the most helpful staff when checking in. Rooms are not so clean. There is no communication between front desk and other divisions.

That it is in the downtown and close to everything. Great location.

fantastic experience
    • Deluxe Room

I like all there is nothing to dislike

Good location, easy to reach, staff friendly, excellent property, I could recommend to anyone without reservation, transport available easily,

Looking for amazing getaway, this is it!
    • Burj View Suite

The only negativty is that the rooms are not sound tight , where every little sound in the street you would cleralt hear it in the room and wont help you nap at the afternoon

Amazing view and location, very clean! The Manzil downtown is extraordinary experience, with a great view to the Burj and boulevard and just 1 minute walking from great walk side full of different cuisines.

Location is perfect near to burj Khalifa and the Dubai mall,...
    • Deluxe Room

Location is perfect near to burj Khalifa and the Dubai mall, the staff is very friendly and professional specially Danu and Jecy from the concierge they were very helpful, you won’t regret staying here

Excellent Location, Friendly Staff and Comfortable Room

It's a bit expensive

This hotel is my second home at Dubai. Amazing location, lovely staff and very comfortable room. It's very near from Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. You can find plenty of restaurants and coffee shops surrounding the road to the hotel.

Nice place to stay and close to Dubai Mall
    • Deluxe Room

Staff needs to smile more at the reception and specially the people who stands at the main gate entrance. less talking to staff and more interaction with guests is a good start.

The location Cosy Place Near to my work Emaar

The hotel was absolutely beautiful.
    • Deluxe Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The location was perfect, the staff prompt and friendly, and an overall wonderful experience. I will highly recommend this hotel.

Perfect stay.
    • Deluxe Pool View Room

The room is super comfortable and the scent at the Hotel was just amazing. The staff were so helpful and kind. The food was delicious. Finally, its location was extremely convenient since it was a walking distance from restaurants and Dubai Mall. Everything about the place was just spectacular.

Overall good but won’t stay here again
    • Deluxe Pool View Room

They have sent me an email on the day of arrival reminding me that the check-in is at 3 pm and cannot be before that ... we arrived to Dubai at 9:30 am and intentionally went to LegoLand to spend time there before our check in ... when we checked around 7:00 pm .. I was told that the room we selected was not ready and that I was upgraded to a tower view room rather than a swimming pool view (although I wanted the swimming pool for my 2.5 year-old son to be able to watch people and the water) ... I insisted to get a swimming pool view The room was not “well-spaced” A strange smell every time it was cleaned by room service either it’s the soap they are using to clean the carpet or from the smell of tobacco from guests who do not comply with “no smoking” rule ... AS BOTH ME AND MY WIFE ARE NON SMOKERS AND WE’VE BEEN TO MANY PLACES AROUND THE WORLD ... ITS FROM SMOKING

excellent position for my business meetings, good price and...
    • Deluxe Room

excellent position for my business meetings, good price and high standard, really loved also the food, I had a very good dinner at the inside restaurant, staff is very reactive to all the requests

Loved the decor and the size of the rooms.
    • Deluxe Room

Perhaps having a discount arrangement with Fitness First (next door) for Manzil Hotel residents i.e. 50Dhs to use the Fitness First facilities.

Rooms are very comfy and the staff excellent. Location couldn't be better.

Good hotel but not worth the money
    • Deluxe Room

No hair dryer. Open bathroom, not really convenient when you share a room. Never ever make the mistake I did and take airport transport from the hotel. The same amount of money they charged for this 15km route, I paid to get to Abu Dhabi - 150km route.

View on Burj Khalifa. 5 minutes walk to Dubai Mall.

Fantastic. Manzil deserves 5 stars at least.

NOTHING

ALL. The high level of the services quality from the staff. The excellent breakfast, the environment, the rooms very light. Calm and quiet. Perfect stay. Close to all by walk.

Really pleasant stay, would definitely visit again.
    • Executive Double Room

- The mini fridge in the room didn't have any drinks but when we checked out we were asked if we consumed anything from there, which was really confusing.

- The breakfast had a nice selection and I enjoyed it every morning. - The air con in our room was good and didn't dry my skin out. - The staff were very polite and friendly. They would always say hello when we walked past. - The location of the hotel was very close to Dubai Mall which was great for shopping and dining.

Perfect location
    • Executive Double Room

Very strange when they closed the mini bar at my room when I said don't want to take additional charge!!

Highly recommended to everyone who wants to stay at Dubai downtown

The beds are very comfy.
    • Executive Double Room

I was never able to get hot water. Only warm. I called maintenance but it was not fixed. Also the bathroom arrangement i feel has no privacy

The beds are very comfy. They gave us a cake for our anniversary

The room with the view of the Burj Khalifa was very nice.
    • Deluxe Burj View Room

There was no hot water in the shower if we arrived back late to the hotel, which was quite frustrating.

The room with the view of the Burj Khalifa was very nice.

Perfect!
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is located very close to the downtown area within walking distance to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa which can be reached in 10 - 15 min. through Souk Bahar. Very clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff and very good breakfast. The price is also lower compared with other accommodations in the area. Don't hesitate to drink an Arabic coffee with dates in the lobby served by Mina.

Would pay more for a better hotel
    • Deluxe Room

1. the air conditioning in the room cannot be switched off or turned to a higher temperature. So the room was kept on 18 degrees for the whole night and it was freezing. 2. The bathrobes and the slippers could have been better qualities. They were very thin.

THE location is excellent, easily accessible, staff are very...
    • Deluxe Room

Slight delay in preparing the room upon check in

THE location is excellent, easily accessible, staff are very helpful. The beds are comfortable, breakfast was delicious. Steps from many good restaurants, few minutes walk fromDubai mall .This is my second stay in this hotel & I highly recommend it.

Nice hotel in great location
    • Deluxe Room

Beers in the mini bar were overpriced but otherwise everything was excellent.

Great view of the Burj Khalifa, excellent location next to the Dubai Mall.

Great location !!! Water temperature issue .
    • Deluxe Room

The water temperature in the shower . Horrible had to call two days in a row for the engineers to come and check. Not what you want to be doing after a long day . It fluctuated between warm and hot then warm and cold . On the last day I just gave up and took a shower in luke warm water. Apparently my friend on another floor had the same issue . Huge drawback . My friend was checking into the same room , the next day. I informed the reception the next day again as a reminder and left the second key , they still made an issue and she had to call me to speak to them to reconfirm what I had said two days in a row .

The location was perfect . The beds were comfortable. Friendly staff .

Amazing, luxurious, comfortable and pampered.
    • Deluxe Pool View Room

Concierge were just amazing. My bag got mislaid on my very delayed transfer from Jordan and they took control and had my bag sent over from the airport as soon as possible. Reception were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious. Pool staff were just amazing. Rooms are lovely, clean and spacious. I really enjoyed my stay and couldn’t fault the hotel in any way possible.

The location is great & the rooms are good
    • Deluxe Room

The valet parking at night is impossible it took me 12min to give my cars for the employees Only the rooms with Burj Khalifa view are good

The location is great & the rooms are good

The location and the staff were extremely friendly, the...
    • Deluxe Room

The bathroom was awkwardly placed with in the room

The location and the staff were extremely friendly, the restaurant was a great Italian place, excellent service and great food

my first choice

non

staff management are excellent ,nice staff, breakfast are perfect. very clean room and comfort its will be my first choice when visiting Dubai again

A wonderful place to stay in the heart of Dubai
    • Burj View Suite

Location is wonderful. Close to the Dubai Mall, Fountains, Opera. Lots of places to eat and drink. Hotel is very welcoming and is possibly more Arabic than many in Dubai, so you really get a feeling of being in the Middle East.

Browse Manzil Downtown traveller photo gallery