Reviews of Jumeirah Al Qasr - Madinat Jumeirah 5 stars

Jumeirah Beach Road, Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Al Sufouh, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#8 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Some nationalities taking over in khymat al Bahar at breakfast and in the arboretum at dinner it was a free for all shambles with food over the floor too busy and not what we've been used to on previous visits.

Most things

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Breakfast was a tad expensive- but it was the best buffet we have ever had

Everything about our stay was fantastic. From the rooms to the staff everything was beyond expectations.

• Ocean Deluxe

The night Manager was so rude and not helpful at all. Prices over rated compared to 5 stars hotels The rooms too small for 5000 AED I could get suite in other hotels Bad service AC not working properly

• Executive Ocean Room

It was a little too hot for my liking, but to be fair the hotel can't do anything about that. There was really nothing of significance to fault.

The Madinat is a great location to stay in Dubai. Much better than the Palm, where you are out on a limb(!). There are plenty of good restaurants within the Madinat and you can always charge the bill to your room, though do be aware that they are expensive, but you should expect to pay for location and quality. The buffet breakfast had plenty of choice, including whether to eat inside or outside. The room itself was large, newly refurbished and with a view of the sea and the Burj from the balcony. Service was pretty well faultless from the staff. Most importantly we never had a problem getting sun loungers with a shade on the beach, even when we turned up at 11:30. This might of course be partly down to the fact that we visited outside school holidays, and during Ramadan. This is the second time we have stayed at Al Qasr, and we will definitely return.

• Junior Arabian Suite (2 adults + 2 children)

For moving around between the facilities (e.g. Wild Wadi) provide more buggies when occupancy in the respective Jumeirah hotels is high

Superb hotel, very nice location and beautiful gardens

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

The only slight change I would make is that the children’s menu did not always cater to the appetite of a growing 11 year old. He also didn’t appreciate his food being served in plastic plates and neither did we.

The quality, cleanliness, and exceptional standard of the facilities. The friendly and attentive nature of the staff. The standard of the facilities and the variety and quality of the restaurants. All was excellent.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Our room had two single bed put together to make one queen bed. A dip in the middle which was very uncomfortable and definitely not value for money. Staff rarely smiled. Definitely overrated & over priced. Wild wadi compare to aquaventure is kids kindergarten. When we raised our issues regards to bed we got "oh am sorry" room cost £360 per night!!! Awful. This hotel is 20% what fairmont on palm island is. Please avoid or will be disappointed.

The buggy staff.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Considering how expensive the hotel is, it did not meet expectations, nor did it feel like the Jewel of Jumeirah. Previous stays at other Jumeirah hotels in Dubai have been far superior. A long wait to check-in, not acceptable as time in Dubai can be precious for some. In addition, was moved to a waiting room, but was extremely busy and loud. When checked in finally, basic electronics in the room did not work and some amenities missing. Little information provided about basic hotel facilities, eg direction to pool! Staff during check-in were friendly, quite the contrary when checking-out: 4 staff sitting at their desks, none offered help.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

It felt like we were just one of many thousands of guests and that the hotel was just interested in making as much money as possible through whatever means possible I.e. charging for some sun lounger s. No personalised service or anything unique about the hotel or service. It also felt they couldn't wait to get rid of us for the next set of guests.

Spa treatment was heavenly and staff were lovely.

• Ocean Deluxe

Shower and bd were leaking the shower door was not able to close totally Hairdresser extremely expensive blow dry 350 dh and the room hairdryer very weak No welcoming drinks at reception no welcoming fruit or chocolate at the room like other hotels

Staff , food, service ,terrace view and the atmosphere The concierge was so helpful, dealing with our requests professionally

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

It is a little expensive, but you get what you pay for. The breakfast was okay compared to breakfast at the other Jumeirah hotel near by.

The place is a tad bit expensive, but it’s worth it. The facilities, the luxurious feel to the hotel and all the amenities are worth it. We were upgraded since it we were on our honeymoon/birthday. They surprised us with some nice desserts and a small cake. Wonderful

• Executive Ocean

Costs for food and drinks

Enourmous hotel. Took a week to learn how and where to go. much to do and see. Great food but extremely expensive. Food and drinks. Nice and very friendly staff giving excellent service.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

At check in we were initially ignored by staff until I asked about the process, this resulted in a short delay in checking in and didn’t feel as welcoming as it should have for such a well known hotel chain.

The room, location and facilities were excellent. We would defiantly go back again soon.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Check in process including explanation of hotel layout, inc. room logistics etc...

Beach staff were friendly & courteous. Beach facilities were also very good.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Expensive for food and drinks

Buffet breakfast Large comfy bed Good wifi Amazing shower Walk to beach Access to all hotels pools and private beaches

• Executive Arabian

very expensive bars and restaurants on site, but not a surprise considering the overheads.

top end venue very well trained staff. the club room option is a must as all food and beverages are included. gym facilites and pool super.

• Ocean Deluxe

Food is way TOO expensive and not delicious at all, I would day disgusting! My second stay at the hotel and will never come back again. Wifi so slow and almost not working near swimming pool and sea side. Didn’t like it this time :(

Clean and tidy

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

i came with my nephew , im the one who checked in so i gave my passport , i found out they need his passport too, and they refused he goes to the room till my sister got his passport , the sun was already down and we couldn't tan or swim . wish they were more flexible .

i stayed at al qasr before with my husband and my kids . always loved it . but the most i loved is the bedding , so comfortable and cozy . the whole room was really nice .as an interior designer i also loved the decoration .

• Ocean Deluxe

I disliked the boat management because he was very rude , he asked me about my room number then in 5 minuets he came back asking me to see my room access card !! On the other hand, the security stopped me with my wife and my 2 years old son with my mother in law to access the lift ! He asked me to register my mother in law with the hotel , the funny part I told him we registered her when we did the check in but he insisted to stop us infront of other hotel guests.

Everything was perfect

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

During check-in instead of being shown to our room, we were taken to some strange luggage storage room for "hand luggage screening". We were asked to pay for incidentals in advance - unheard of in other hotels.

• Executive Ocean

After living in Dubai we were unsure where to stay on our return as tourists. We were not disappointed with the Al Qasr. Though not as new as The Al Naseem, sister hotel, it still is a beautiful hotel in a perfect location

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Expensive. Doesnt have value for money of five star properties in Asia, India and Australia.

Great Location and facilities. All pretty good. Good kids area for up to 8 or 9 year old. 10 to 12 year olds will get bored.

• Ocean Deluxe

Beautifully appointed hotel. Offered us a room upgrade free of charge on arrival. We had a gorgeous suite. The hotel attended to every detail. Wonderful three days in Dubai.

• Ocean Deluxe

Everything was lovely about the hotel. The view from the hotel room was magnificent, the environment was great, I love how you need to get around the hotel by abra, so relaxing!

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

One of the best hotels ever. The boats to the hotel. The shuttles. The water park. The food. The architecture. The serenity of it all - the oasis feeling. Amazing. The offers and packages by Jumeirah are competitive and fair considering the hotel reputation. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Seriously. I will definitely stay here again. Even the showers.. the ironing board.. all branded too - amazing views too.

• Ocean Deluxe

Air conditioning was noisy, Breakfast was quite bland with no real bacon,

The room was very spacious,good views , quiet as well . The hotel was in great location with private beach with great service at the beach and poolside. The vast majority of staff were great and always willing to try make your stay even more memorable. The house keeping department was first class towels changed a couple times a day, linen every other day a credit to the hotel.

• Ocean Deluxe

Lovely buffet breakfast but for an international hotel no gluten free options

The hotel let us have an early checkin due to time of arrival from airport

• Ocean Deluxe

Having to leave. I really can't think of anything.

I've stayed in many winderful hotels in over 30 countries and this is bay far one of the very best with a staff that could rival any hotel or resort in all of the world.

• Ocean Deluxe

The hotel bar was too near our room. We had to pass each night its open doorway where people were drinking etc. Suggest the hotel bar is remote from the accommodation

The friendliness and attention to our needs. The hotel is great for families.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

The manager was too pushy for the room payment, couldnt wait for us even to be checked in, so he came to the room to sort out the payment.

Extremely helpful stuff,amazing hotel with incredible view .Had a great children facilities just love the pool. Absolutely inlove with the main pool at Al Naseem hotel. Amazing food. Just perfect holiday.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

No hotel shuttle bus to the malls

The hotel is very luxurious, the staff can't do enough for you and the surrounding area has everything you could want.

• Ocean Deluxe

Accessibility to the beach and pool, great service and the zouk market and restaurants were very close you could ride the boat. Beautiful place to stay. It is highly recommended for families

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Small details that let it down that I would not expect from a hotel of this standard, I used the ironing board and iron and left the room in a hurry in the morning. When I returned to the room later that evening the ironing board and iron had just been pushed to the side of the room and not put away in the wardrobe. Room service was nowhere near the standard I would expect from a hotel of this class, extremely disappointing. A member of staff knocking on my door after 9pm at night (!) to enquire if I wanted a turndown service, whilst the thought was appreciated, I was already in bed and so had to get up to answer the door, I thought this was rather late for staff to be knocking on people's doors, especially being a single women staying in a room alone, again attention to detail and care was not evident.

The room and bathroom was very large

The only negative was the Reception Staff . They do not respect the first come , first serve policy and the disaster was that I arrange the Airport transfer the night before my travelling with the reception staff with a big Van as we have many Bags , to find out the next morning and just prior to leaving the hotel that the arrangement was a lie and I had to take and Pay for 2 Taxis , one for us and the other for the bag ... the hotel reception staff remedy for the situation was just saying " Sorry Sir " !!! super standard for a 5-star Hotel like Al-Qasr !!!!!

The Cleanliness was excellent , Food Quality at the main restaurant was super .

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

One of my favorite resorts in Dubai. Always a great time when my family is in town. The beaches, the pool, the grounds and the hotel itself is just fantastic and one of my all time faves! 5 stars for sure

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Whilst most staff were extremely professional and helpful. You do get the odd one who needs coaching in his approach to clients. It isn't polite to point a customer to the opposite direction if you can walk him there. That's called being hospitable.

Everything was fabulous. The Madinat Jumeirah properties are a hidden gem. It's like a huge Wadi capable of getting lost in. The abra ride between properties is the highlight. Something I've never seen before. Privacy is exceptional, the amenities in the room are on point. An absolute winner in hospitality.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Waiting to get into our room. Arrived early morning after an overnight flight, never got into our room until after 4 pm by which time we were very tired and grumpy.

Very relaxing, hot weather, excellent restaurants

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

I didn't like the fact that when I booked I wasn't aware that the price didn't include all taxes..

The staff are fantastic and the hotel is immaculate! Not my first time and won't be my last.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Executive Arabian

Sometimes the buggies drove past us promising to send another one and that didn't happen

Very organised and well run hotel Staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Ocean Deluxe

Of course all this comes with a price tag to match. Everything in the hotel is expensive so if you're on a budget be careful! If this doesn't put you off then I can't recommend this highly enough.

Easily one of the best hotels in Dubai imo. If you want to treat yourself with a luxurious stay then I would recommend this hotel. Attention to detail in this hotel is exemplary. Everything is appointed beautifully from the grounds and common areas to the rooms and pool. We stayed in an Ocean Deluxe room which had a beautiful view overlooking the Arabian sea. There is a beautiful private beach in front of the hotel with plenty of activities. The location itself is excellent with planty to do in and around the hotel and close enough to be a short taxi ride to downtown. The staff are very well trained and always friendly and willing to help.

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Duration of stay was simply too short. Our one night felt like a relaxing 3 day get away.

This is my Daughters favorite resort in Dubai. Beating out Atlantis...The primary reason is the smaller scale makes the family more comfortable. Plus every possible amenity is a walk away either at the Souk or at the Water Park.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• One Bedroom Ocean Suite

The food has gone down in all the restaurants we visited. Very disappointing and sorry to see this hotels standard of food going so much down. Butlins by the Sea type food.

The breakfast was good but the other meals were below the standard this hotel represents. the staff are plenty and efficient and the security is good. In fact all services accept food is very good.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Ocean Deluxe

Given the size of the place, the service was completly un-personal and most public areas were quite crowded.

The hotel is a good 5 start resort, with good facilities and a very good spa. The furnishings are in a very good shape for their age and i understand they will start a remodelling in summer.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Amazing place, with a huge choice of restaurants. Beautiful beach with many possibilities of spending time (water sports, beach volleyball, etc). The staff was very attending to all our needs, especially the concierge office who organized our desert adventure. We will return for sure!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

The complimentary anniversary arrangements were not satisfying as expected Wifi is very slow and doesn't work most of the time

The resort facilities

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Receiving stored bags and leaving the hotel was a bit of a nightmare. Very chaotic, even though the staff were trying their best to be organised.

Excellent service. The rooms were beautiful and the pillows were the best we have ever experienced! The canal and Abra boats were fantastic. A great experience and will definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

none

If money is not a concern then this is probably the best place to to stay at in Dubai. Its a vacation in itself. The staff is so well trained and polite that they make you feel special. The checkin process took a little time but otherwise everything was perfect. Internet, boat and buggy rides, wild wadi park, beach, buffet breakfast and dinner everything was just perfect. Me and my family really enjoyed our stay here.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Wild Wadi was closed, it was a dampener but the rest of hotel made up for it.

Overall quality was very good, location, staff, facilities all of them are on the mark. I liked the staff at Sindbad who took care of kids.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

No negatives

The service and hotel were impeccable. Loved the comfy bed and pillows. The staff are so obliging, when you ask for directions they almost walk you there, just to be of assistance. Loved all the little surprises we found in our room from our housekeeper, Surendra really went out of his way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The beach attached to the resort was clean and very highly maintained and the ease of moving from one hotel complex of the Jumeirah group to the next, felt like we didn't have leave the area, had what we needed there

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Junior Arabian Suite (2 adults + 2 children)

The experience was amazing! the staff was very friendly. The view in the hotel was very beautiful! Definitely go to take the Arabic boat if you stay here.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

we have no complaints

from check in to check out, we are made very welcome. the rooms are excellent, bed is comfy, ensuite is very well equipped. the beach is very clean and the beach staff are very attentive without being in your face. plenty of places to have a meal whether in the hotel or in the adjacent Madinat Souk.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

I was celebrating my 50th birthday but the hotel didn't prepare a complimentary cake and /or flower like other hotels I have stayed in Dubai.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel, location, scenery, staff and service.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Staff in the Spa changing area. Not at all helpful. One member of check out team could have been a little more attentive when helping to recover my mobile phone I had left in my room after I checked out.

Virtually everything. Staff are amazing

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

The hotel facilities are well maintained. The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my holiday when relaxing in a beautiful private beach. The boat rides and the buildings (e.g. Souk and Arabic style houses look like a theme park and these fascinated me.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

leaving!

We were extremely lucky to have an ocean suite upgrade, what an amazing surprise and a birthday cake I could not have asked for more. The place is totally amazing on all counts Staff excellent Pool excellent Sea & view excellent Brunch excellent Need I go on........

• Ocean Deluxe

Excellent property, well-appointed rooms with luxurious bedding and linens, superb restaurants, and convenient (and fun) boat rides to all over the connected resorts.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Nothing we had the most perfect time.

The room, the staff were excellent, fantastic engagement with all guests. the quality of the breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

The buffet breakfast was held in a Hall that looks like a train station. Its overcrowded and extremely noisy. The food offered was basic and not corresponding to the class of the hotel.

The staff is friendly but the cleanness is of a poor quality.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Ocean Deluxe

One of the best hotels we've stayed in. The attention to detail is amazing and the staff were very attentive-nothing is too much trouble. The facilities are superb and there is a huge choice of dining options.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

I can't think of one thing that I didn't like about this hotel.

This is a beautiful hotel with very clean spacious rooms and fantastic landscaping.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Credit card money for room held for 2 weeks messed my rest of trip up as they said they would only charge extra to what was held. Even though I Asked about if extra for bill taken on top. Shame as annoying for rest of our trip,

Rooms good and staff excellent and friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

it was my birthday , i wasent expected to find an empty room , i bought a cake from jumeirah beach hotel i was asked to go and get it personally , no efforts was put to make me happy on my special day .

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Bed was very uncomfortable. Rooms are outdated. Abra service was VERY slow so we ended up standing in the burning heat waiting for them. Breakfast was poor

The kids pool and play area are great.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Executive Ocean

I found the gym to be hard to find and even when I asked some staff, they didn't know where it was. It needs better signposting or explaining on check in.

The entire hotel was interesting and great to walk around as its attached to other hotels, a souk and a promenade with a great selection of restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Ocean Deluxe

Having stayed in other Jumeriah properties I did not think it was value for money.

The caring and friendly staff. I was severely ill and they were always smiling.

• Executive Ocean

Phone calls from the room were not answered some times or extremely delayed when calling to concierge (rarely needed, but when needed the phone was not been answered most probably because they were busy)

Bed was amazing and also the view from the balcony- Service and politeness of the crew was AMAZING! Congratulations. Definitely I will stay ONLY on this hotel next time

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Ocean Deluxe

The decoration of the the Rooms doesn't reflect the 5 star luxury resort everything in the resort is well decorated the front ,the lobby are marvelous expect the rooms need more luxurious touch I found it an avarage room with too much yellowish colour the wall inparticular.

Perfect for relaxing, Perfect staff helping residents all the way

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Some members of staff were a bit cold, the hotel is not very modern, we found a pair of jeans left by a previous gest in our room...

The beach, the pool, the kids club, thw service, the lagoon were great.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

lopy coffee shop or restaurant close early I was hoping they opened up to 12 am .

it was good experience we loved the hotel for the service they provide excellent it's really worth it excellent location loved it .

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

wi fi was slow from time to time No complimentary late check out was offered although it was requested before arrival, upon arrival and at the time of check out Restaurants were busy and we were not offered dinner options Did not like the room service food - burger has no vegs, Biryani had no taste, Banana split chocolate sauce was not good.

loved the location, facilities and swimming pool

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Ocean Deluxe

The room is well decorated but at night the color of the lamps are too yellowish light disturbing the beauty of the furniture. Also the color of the painting wall is too yellowish

Good staff.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

This hotel offers a seamless experience, from arrival to departure we loved our stay here. The breakfast amazing, staff friendly and ready to assist with our requests.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Thought it was over kill and to have so many lifeguards standing around in the August heat of 47 degree's , at the pool there was as many as 7 lifeguards which is unnecessary , 1 or 2 max is enough, unless they could jump in and cool off I thought this was torturous for too many of them

We liked nearly everything , room and facilities great , some restaurants could be a little overpriced but they were good, all staff always did a great job offering great service

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

Very Expensive compared to other top hotels in Dubai with NO half board or even breakfast!

-Large room with king bed+ sofa bed with nice view from balcony - amazing staff starting from the entrance to house keeping. - great pool area, kids club and pool with a lot to do. - you can move around madinat jumeirah hotels and facilities with free ride boat.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Arabian Deluxe (2 adults + 2 children)

No bacon at breakfast. Veal 'bacon' in their club sandwich. Ugh! They serve alcohol without a problem so why no bacon?

Terrific staff, beautiful surroundings.

Browse Jumeirah Al Qasr - Madinat Jumeirah traveller photo gallery