Reviews of Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, Abu Dhabi

Old Airport Road, Street 2, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#31 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

No complaints.

Everything! Location, breakfast, friendly staff especially Theresa at the front desk. Easy walking distance to Central bus station so we could visit The Grand Mosque and the Emirates Palace Hotel, both amazing places. Very handy having the Mall so close too.

• Classic Double Room

I didn’t get the room I booked The pillow cover and blanket had a bad smell (not properly washed)

Value for money, staff was friendly, excellent location, parking provided, very neat and clean room, lovely interior design and everything I could possibly need was provided

• Classic Double Room

TV channel not enough, anyway not staying there for watching TV but missed an important match

Quite & nice place good for family, right next to Mall where all ur requirement is completed, Staff pleasant always smiling, hazzle free check-in or check-out

• Classic Double Room

Front desk ladies were so friendly and welcoming and allowed us to access our room earlier. This was appreciated after a long flight from Australia. Breakfast was delicious, a great variety of food and the omelettes we ordered were very tasty. Well done to all staff! Being budget minded travellers, we like to use public transport and the close proximity to the Central bus station meant we could catch a bus to visit the main sights, e.g. the Grand Mosque and Palace of the Emirates. Bus 1A takes you to and from the airport and fares are so cheap (less than $2 each way to airport). The Al Wahda Mall is conveniently located behind the hotel also.

• Classic Studio - King Bed

Although we had booked and paid four months earlier, on our first night, they were not able to provide us with a non-smoking room with a king bed, as per our booking. To their credit, they provided an air purifer in a smoking room, and also a meal in the restaurant as recompense for the inconvenience. The air conditioner in this room clicked on and off loudly during the night. However the next day, we appreciated it that they moved us into a non-smoking room and upgraded our room to a suite which was an unexpected bonus. The staff did not seem to know anything about the discounted private beach access at a sister property, which is offered in the first paragraph in their Booking.com entry.

The suite was very comfortable and its air conditioner worked quietly and efficiently during the hot weather. Ritzel (front desk staff) was particularly courteous and helpful and gave us some excellent advice, including a great recommendation for a sunset desert safari. The staff in the restaurant / breakfast bar were attentive. There was a good range of food available in the breakfast bar. The wifi was fast and reliable. It was a very easy walk around to the Al Wahda Mall, which is huge.

• Classic Double Room

Very fast check in and check out. Staff are excellent. Breakfast although not many choices were very flavorful and staff in the restaurant was very friendly and accommodating. Room is big with enough toiletries and complimentary water, tea and coffee. Most especially the room is quiet, comfortable, good smell and good wifi range. Will definitely recommend this to my friends and will come back.

• Classic Double Room

Upon arriving at 1400H, room was not ready and was advised to go to the mall telling they will call once the room was ready. After almost 2 hours still no call, went back and still no available room and so I was upgraded to a bigger room but then again I had to wait for a couple more minutes.

Very close to Al Wahda mall and the bus station..

• Classic Double Room

We stayed on the day earth hour was celebrated; there was a notice in the room and we were informed by reception which was great, but our towels were still replaced even though carefully hung up in compliance with instructions to hang them up if we wanted to reuse them; so mixed environmental messages there!

Bed was super comfy and the room and bathroom were both spacious

• Classic Double Room

Praying mat was not available in the room. This should be availed in every room irrespective of the guests staying. WiFi access should be made available for more than 12hours.

Overall it was a great stay at Al Arjaan Rotana. Location is superb. Also, access to any other part of the city is very easy. Rest all my experience was very good at the property. Staff were helpful and friendly.

all was good

Friendly staff, helped us getting on a safari in a really short period of time. Room was clean and tidy, there was a good selection of breakfast, hotel is just next to a mall and 5-10 mins walk to the central bus station

• Classic Double Room

I still can't believe this is a Rotana outlet. Shocking. It doesn't even look like a hotel entrance. The entire hotel smelled musky, even the bedsheets. I would say the bathroom generally smelled better than the room and sheet, to give you perspective. I'm wary of using public bathrooms, but I would say I would have been more comfortable using Dubai Mall toilets that 20 people use every half hour, than the outdated and questionable bathroom in this hotel room. We couldn't wait for the next morning to leave. The breakfast is a joke and the options are scarce, food looks like it was left out overnight. Avoid at all costs, go to 3 star Centro Rotana next door, it's far better than this one.

same as above

we were upgraded to suite 1 bedroom with late checkmuout due to i think over booking. it was good but the room smella odd like no one is using it for a long time. smells old literally and i have to open all the windows and spray some perfume to deodorize

• Classic Double Room

The shower room.. There is a problem with the drainage as it drains slowly in the shower area and also the shower room glass door seems broken and confusing if you will push or pull to open it..

I really liked the most is their spacious room. Their channel lists is great as well.

• Classic Double Room

Nothing.. I can say im very satisfied with their service.

As always the staff elsa and rowena very accomodating and professional😙 Very convenient for us such location for resto and all.

• Classic Suite

Left the room on Friday at 11:00AM and came back at 5:45PM, and the room is not yet made! Immediately informed Front Desk, but Housekeeping showed up only 15 minutes later.

Front desk staff are always very attentive and courteous. Room is very clean. Bathroom amenities are sufficient. Kitchen is complete with kitchenware and tableware, with a big refrigerator and separate freezer (excellent for long stays). Internet is fast. Also, the old air-conditioning thermostat is now replaced by a modern one.

• Classic Studio - King Bed

The parking in the area is bad. They do have valet parking so it wasn't a problem for me, but my friend wanted to come see me at the hotel and could not find parking anywhere near the hotel.

Good hotel for the price. The room was a nice size.

• Classic Double Room

There is no parking in the area or a space to park you car by yourself.

I liked the hospitality of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. Also the location it's really very good close to everything. Finally thanks to the manager Mr. Mulhim for his support during my stays.

• Classic Double Room

Our room was upgraded from standard to classic one because there are no available rooms. We were not charged extra whatsowver. Staff are also very accomodating.

• Classic Double Room

They made me to wait in the reception as my room wasn't ready even after 4 o'clock evening.

The area is very good. Close to Al Wahda mall and bus station.

• Classic Double Room

1-Noisy Construction building next to the hotel ... couldn't take a snap 2-Crazy no parking at all as no basement and no space around the building 3-Sheets and covers smile Clorox unbelievable.... too strong... cant breathe

Reception, upgrading, cleaning, location is perfect....

• Classic Double Room

When I booked on booking.com, It was mentioned that the payment will not be deducted till check in, but unfortunately the next day only the payment was deducted from my credit card. I will never book fromm booking.com in future. I don’t trust this website anymore

Good hospitality

• Classic Double Room

That i had to check in at 2 pm even when I specifically said my arrival time only to find the hostess giving me a studio with 2 separate beds and charging me extra 50 dhs for it

I love almost everything about the hotel

Nothing really

Very near...super polite staff..doesnt take 10 yrs to check out..stayed here for 1 mth..then came back and loved it and will keep comin back

• Classic Double Room

excellent location - beside a famous mall and near central bus station. Clean hotel - guestroom, reception, and fragrant lobby. Courteous staff - kind and attentive to guests' needs.

• Classic Suite

Hotel was good but i requested for higher floor but they given 2nd floor :( if higher floor room not available then they should call me in advance ...

friendly staff ... comfortable room

• Classic Double Room

I actually requested for a quiet room because I needed to study during my stay at the hotel but my room on 4th floor has a lot of noise sources such as from banging doors, audible conversation of people near the door, and traffic outside the hotel which even woke me up in the middle of my sleep that night.

Staff was very accommodating. The room was quite big. Also, it is very clean. Location is perfect!

• Classic Double Room

Not enough towels or pillows Wifi disconnected in the middle of my stay and didn't work till i checked out Slow check in Very distracted receptionist like they all don't know what they are doing or doing it for the first time Woke up in the middle of the night feeling very hot because the ac went off Woke up in the morning again on someone knocking to ask if i had laundry! This is the worst 3 star hotel i have ever stayed at in abu dhabi. I'm a frequent visitor to abudhabi to see my inlaws but this hotel is the worst i have stayed at.

• Classic Studio - King Bed

It was a very pleasant stay at the property.Value for money........ The staff were very co-operative and friendly.Reception staff attends us professionally particularly reception team person.... Tirhas.... she was very helpful and attended all our calls in a polite manner.. Location of the property is a big plus point... Al Wahda mall is just back side of the building (For provisions ,Shopping,movies etc..) and there is a supermarket in-front of the property(Fathima...). Abu Dhabi main bus station is just 5 -6 mins walk. Did not try food in restaurant of the property.... as we cooked our food... Overall stay was very pleasant....

• Classic Double Room

pillows were terrible but can be improved...

staff were great in attending to our needs, it was super clean, two thumbs up. :)Special thanks to Rowena of the front desk. :)

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Wish to solve car park

The dedication,sicerity and professional of Manager Mr.Mulhem,front desk Tirhas,Ronira.Special thanks to Mr.Erwin of maintenance support and Mr.Erik

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Classic Studio - Twin Bed

There is not much diversity in the food at breakfast. The boiler is poor in heating the water. No free parking slots.

I liked the GYM, hospitality, location, and the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

Please change your policy of opening room door by housekeeping if the door is not answered on three knocks We forgot to put DND tag and housekeeping opened the door and we were inside ... yes I could not answer the door on 3 knocks since we were sleeping

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

During check in , I had to pay some extra taxes, which was may be mentioned some where in the last corner of booking page . Which was unfair . The room rent must be displayed on the site including all taxes.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

Aircon is not functioning well..i'm putting it to 16° but keeps on coming back to 25°.Card key is not functioning we have to go down to the reception area 2x to report it.In fairness they responded to it at once...

The room is clean and big.Location is near the Mall.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

the AC, I feel noisy it is disturbing when going to sleep, but it can be turned off.

excellent location. nearby Al Wahda Mall for shopping, nearby Bus Station for easier access, nearby al wahda sport. hospitable, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Old furnitures and not much facilities. Free breakfast is not so good.

The warmth of the staff, great customer service from the highest to lowest level of staff they gave equally great service! Very kind and helpful people. Clean and good smelling surroundings. 😊

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Classic Studio - Twin Bed

There's no wifi, like you have to pay for your room wifi..although i know that most Rotana hotels have the same thing about wifi, it still sucks.

Great location..very clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Classic Suite

Linen & Comforter not properly wash. Was not able to sleep properly due to itchiness and create rashes to my full arm. 1st time I experience with Rotana. Shared my experience with the reception upon check out too.

Rooms are very Homy.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Manager Mr.Mulham Abdeen is really an excellent person.Front desk staff are friendly and fully informative.Mr.Richard and piyrana of room service had good job.Concierge team is professional and supportive. Thanks to each of them.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Classic Studio - Twin Bed

It doesn't have swimming pool.

The property is in a very good location, accessible to the mall and taxi stand and bus station. The rooms are nice and well kept and most of all the staff are very nice and accommodating. They even check on you if you need something. Over all it was a really very pleasant staycation.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Classic Studio - Twin Bed

Air condition system was little noisy , but not much bothering.

In General , every thing was fine , the staff , the service ..etc. The hotel is Clean , comfortable and close to all city attractions.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Classic Suite

The internet was not that good as it is limiting the number of devices accessing the internet simultaneously also it was frequently disconnects. Car Parking was also another issue although the Hotel team was very cooperative and did their best to find a place for car park.

Location of the hotel is excellent as it is close to one of the largest Malls at Abu Dhabi. The Staff are very friendly and helpful. The property is very comfortable and covering all my needs.

• Classic Double Room

Good location, staff very friendly! Huge double bed!:)

No pool.

Room was cozy, kitchen is small but adequate for short stays.

• Classic Double Room

The room is wide and clean. The staff are friendly. Good location

• Classic Double Room

Close the mal and corniche

• Classic Double Room

Room is clean Tv has good channels Staff’s / Receptionists are very friendly and professional even the security guards. Very good location.

Clean, reasonable prices

Clean and well place

• Classic Double Room

-facility is on heart abu dhabi...

Amazing staff great service

🤔🤔🤔🤔

🤔🤔🤔

I like everything

Very nice place for staying good communicate

• Classic Double Room

The room we stayed was dusty.

none

everything

I didn’t eat breakfast

Comfortable and clean.

• Classic Double Room

Room for two with a kitchen should automatically have 2 robes, pair of slippers and dish washing liquid

Big and comfortable bedroom with sitting

very clen and comfortable

• Classic Double Room

Nothing rotana is like are second home@😊

Convenience and cleanliness😁 receptionist elsa and rowena is very efficient and accomodating.

• Classic Double Room

Very primitive gim No breakfast included

Friendly cooperative staff Kitchen Wifi Clean comfortable

Their staff

No complaints

Friendly staff and great location. Large rooms, small breakfast area with a basic buffet

• Classic Double Room

Happy face staff, location of the hotel,

• Classic Double Room

Super service. Very helpfull.

• Classic Studio - Twin Bed

Would like a bath in the bathroom

• Classic Suite

I paid for the parking it should be included the hotel not extra

I like the location and the hotel as well

Tv should be upgraded.

The place is comfortable and accesible. Staffs our polite. Everything you need is there.

Convenient location. Accessible.

The gym is very small

Location close to AL Wahda shopping mall and I would like to thank Ms. Rowena and Ms. Elisa they are very helpful

• Classic Double Room

Great Staff and Front Office Manager!

Lights

The best breakfast ever

Excellent on a budget

• Classic Double Room

Rotana Hotels never fail me and always shows excellency

Browse Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, Abu Dhabi traveller photo gallery