Reviews of Al Seef Hotel 3 stars

Port Khalid Road, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

#36 of 71 hotels in Sharjah

• Standard Room

The room furniture is not good and not standered. No AC outside the room. No shaded parking and no parking service. No coffee or tea or even spoon. The swimming pool is small.

The staff. The restaurant is very good in foood and price and 24 hours. The room price. The location is very quiet.

• Standard Room

No much english tv chanel, no hot and cold in the shower. The children’s pool don’t have a stairs, you have to go down in the pool when you want to get your kids from the pool.

I like the bed, so big..Staff is friendly. Internet is also fast. The massage chair is cool at 1aed for 2 minutes 😊

• Standard Room

The experience was not at all pleasant . Hotel facilities mentioned in booking.com were not actaully available at the hotels. The room air conditioner was not working well and overall cleanliness was very bad .

Beach nearby

• Executive Suite

The rate was not clear as it was exclusive taxes, when I got my confirmation then only I understand I have to add taxes on top of room price. We were 2 udults and 2 kids age 8 and 7, but in the room there were two pillows only. When we asked for extra bed we have to pay😓. Then we only ask for one blanket and one pillow they said they will bring, but no one brought for us until we wake up in the morning. In the room we only found one mug on the table when I called to ask It took one hour for them to bring after three calls.

Room was very big enough

• Standard Room

The hotel was a bit worn-down. They promised they would renovate during summer, we would consider coming back after a renovation.

Excellent service, the staff was nice, helpful and forthcoming.

• Standard Room

Expensive, no breakfast , staff was friendly but contradicting statements didn't help clear things, a few times things were misunderstood.

Location is nice

• Standard Room

There is no "non smoking room". With children it is a bit annoying that on asking for a non smoking room you get "Yes some customers smoke, some do not, then we let fresh air in and then it is non smoking room". Seriously? This was an outstanding response and not in a good way.

it was the cheapest I could get for that night in transit. Would never choose the place for vacation.

• Standard Room

Swimming pool is in the middle of the building so you can hear people noise while u r in your room all day. also furniture of the hotel is like a labor camp not a hotel, there are other hotel on the same street with the same price but much better furniture.

• Standard Room

Just little maintenance for some room..

I like the staff there... they are really helpful especially Grace. She provide us an excellent service... keep it up

• Standard Room

A few minor issues like no bath plug so we couldn’t bath my son but they did try hard to accommodate us. I was surprised we didn’t have blankets as they were all being used? Just some minor weird hiccups but then again it was super affordable to stay there.

Value for money was great and Al Khan beach nearby was really good!

• Standard Room

The room given on arrival was without a window. They forgot to provide towels. On a request to change the room for one with a window the first answer was "there are no spare rooms" but after some pressing a room was found (which means that the first answer was a lie). The tea bags and sugar were provided but there were no kettle and teaspoons, I had to ask for them. There was a special indicator device "please don't change bed linen" but the bed linen was not changed even though that indicator was not used. The teacups were not washed and the torn sugar packets were not removed during regular cleaning until I made an explicit demand.

The price was lower than in nearby hotels, that's it. Even that was only because it was a "non-refundable tariff" that was charged to my credit card at the time of booking. I insisted on the option to pay in local currency at the end of my stay, but the manager refused and pointed at the clause in the conditions that says that with this tariff the hotel can charge the customer at any time.

• Standard Room

The hotel is tired and needs updating. Tea/coffee making facilities weren't provided bedside table and lamp missing and an electrical socket not working. However all these things were remedied as soon as we mentioned them. Pity they couldn't reduce the noise from next room's air conditioner but they did their best.

Reception and housekeeping staff were excellent and did everything in their power to make us comfortable.

• Standard Room

Swimming pool is quite small..if all guests will go for swimming it won't accomodate.

The staffs are accomodating, the place and ambience is quite and relaxing. Price is affordable.

Nothing for now

I really love one staff there... Her name is grace... She always give us the best services she can provide... Hoping for the best for her.. Keep up the good work.. And thanks for the room.

• Standard Room

Water too hot almost 24hrs which make it too difficult to take shower and also often water line disconnected as the seems to be doing maintenance on daily basis

The indoor swimming pool which my kids enjoyed

• Standard Room

Worst and poor hotel I ever saw in my life...especially the breakfast and old dirty rooms...

Nothing i liked and was very bad practice ... only the staff are kind & helpful

• Standard Room

Parking is the only issue.

If you are reasonable in expecting value for what you have paid, you will be happy. I got a deal for AED 180 per day and its good for that. Its an old small properly with a small pool and you cant get better than this for what I have paid.

• Standard Room

Foods in restaurant too expensive and the water in toilet too hot 24hrs?! Taking shower is a nightmare as you will be throwing yourself in boiling water to be cooked? !! The hotel management should arrange for water colling system to be installed which I believe doesn't cost more than AED 3000.

Almost everything perfecto?! Friendly staff and honestly I am very much surprised that Al See has facilities which are even in bigger hotels you don't find?! And the indoor swimming pool was the experience for my kids..It they have gym, sauna, steam bath...woooo all these available for guest for free

• Standard Room

They deducted my money frm my account without my consent but were saying you pay on property and will never refer anyone to them in my life

WiFi and beds

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Room

I was given last ever room in corner . It was smoking room n my son was unconfortable. Though there are many good clean room we were given this dirty room in the end. Ac was not working. We complain then moved to good room. But the receptionist Indian he decided to give us based on our look I think that disrespect that's why my rating is low based on first room. The receptionist needs to be educated and not discriminate people based on look or gender . Just provide best room to first come first . Will never come again

Swimming n location

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Room

No attention to basics - no hand towels, Mugs & jug but no milk tea or coffee or spoons; window too small;

Close to sea; reasonable price; room a good size; good for families because not high rise and nice indoor pool

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Standard Room

The property has not returned the security amount which they held on my debit card and it's been almost a month

Staff was helping. AC was not working one night so I complained. They tried to fix it at first but couldn't so shifted us to another room afterwards

• Standard Room

Room smells cigarette even I requested a room with no cigarette smell. No extra plug in the room. The reason why I left my charger outside and my Bluetooth. The big room takes 1hr and 30 mins before it gets cold. Water heater is not really producing hot water. You need to rrquest for slippers. There is no rob even they say they will send. The carpet is not smooth, it's like there is a snake below, it's bulging. The interior design is not balanced. At first they gave me super big room. I felt like, it is a room for horror movie. Some of the lights in the corridor when I arrived in the evening is blinking. Scary. Staff are not compassionate, I requested for the spoon as there is a mug in the room and I want to have a 3 in 1 coffee as I have, and he told me to take it in the ground floor as nobody will do that for me (he means, nobody will send you the spoon and fork).How come there is a mug and an electrical kettle but no spoon. The Aircon is in 42 I don't know if it's farenheit, it's not showing auto, cold and warm and definitely it's not in celcius so I informed them. The technical man, arrived and told me, "wait wait you wait and after ok. No problem.".I left something in the room, I remember when I was already in Abu Dhabi, nobody care to call. I called them late night and the guy is lazy to check that time if it's in the lost and found, he said call tomorrow. But I insist, so I collected that night as I told him I'm a blogger. I don't feel I'm in a hotel that time. Not recommendable.

Near to the ocean.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Room

What was the worst for me is balcony and windows. Becuase of some safety reasons (that I can't understand which one exactly), rooms without open balcony and windows. You haven't normal sun light insight, or a lot of fresh air. That I faced first time in my experience and hope never will have had again

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Room

The hotel cleaners and the receptionist were rude to my family because of a towel that was stink with a dot human body blood. The hotel management made us pay for the towel. The overall experience was bad.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Room

The location is Near from Sharjah beach and the staff very beautiful and helpful to meet my requirements, I am very recommended for each family member to stay there.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Room

OMG , the parking it's very dangerous to leave the parking. the hotel dons't have own parking and i need to park front of the hotel in public parking which the tracks and buses pass fast.

the Hotel in general is nice,but as i was all day out for work i come only evening, sweeming pool & gym are relly nice and clean. massage chairs i like it :-) WIFI it's hyper fast relly i was happy with the wifi . all is good .

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Standard Room

One personnel (a man) from the housekeeping accidentally opened our door in the room during our first day of stay in the hotel. Good thing the door was on it's double-lock (you know this heavy duty type of lock on the door inside the room with a chain). He was able to open only 1/4 of the door and I was in front of the vanity mirror doing my nail polish. I was startled but luckily I had my clothes on. He was also startled he immediately closed the door when he realized his mistake. I ran after him to ask what he needs. The housekeeping personnel said he thought we already checked out (I said No, we'll be staying for two days). I think he apologized after; he was on a hurry to go.

The place was nice. It was quiet (which I really liked) -and though the whole hotel is small, it was clean. Mr. Daniel from the back office was very nice to accommodate my concerns and helped me from day 1 after I booked and called, to the day of the check out. Mr. Patrick from housekeeping was also nice and helpful. Mr. Karathick and Ms. Vinisha (both from the back office and reception) was very welcoming as well. You'll feel relax and at home if you stay in Al Seef Sharjah. Even the lady from Sea Waves Restaurant (inside the hotel) was very cheerful when I asked a favor for food reheating. Good job to everyone for being dedicated and hardworking and for keeping the hotel clean.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Standard Room

Booked a room which supposed to be a King size bed they surprised me with a combined Twin bed! Which is really not as the photos here in booking

Just the Location.Hot Water for shower

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Room

The overall experience was not good, room service was poor, room air conditioning was noisy, room was also not made up properly, disappointed over all.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Standard Room

The large double bed was just two singles shoved together that moved as you move in your sleep no way is this a large double bed !! The whole hotel is looking tired and old paint flaking and in desperate need of a refurbishment My bathroom had sealer falling off from around the bath. The soap and shower dispensers were really dirty with product. The floor was stained with brown rust from a previous leak The balcony was closed off with only tiny holes to view out of No real point having a balcony ! The air conditioning unit was noisy and had to turn it off at night due to the noise !

The location and the pictures on your website The staff really try hard

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Family Suite

The Heavy vehicles Traffic in front of the Hotel. also the family suite has only one Toilet. Just Plan for this

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel, clean, friendly staff and nice swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Standard Room

I didn't like that the wind and rain interrupted the tv signal. They actually had channels with movies and awards I wanted to watch.

I loved how close it was to the ocean and other hotels near the ocean. I love the indoor pool in the center of the hotel. I like that there are two restaurants. The bonus for me was that they had ice cream.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Room

Steam turkish sauna did not work, finish sauna was quite slow took time to heat it up myself, water bottles brought after reminders several times, lack of shops and restoraounts arround, a lot of money spent for taxies, shuttle to Dubai three times a week only, small dark rooms, old furniture.

Proximity to beaches, free access to public beach cleaned by the emirate's administration, low price for accomodation, small swiming pool,touring desk, cleaning of rooms done well, every day shuttles to different malls in Sharjah and one in outskirt of Dubai.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard Room

- Room with a window looking at the lobby - Old furniture - Ordered a king size bed. Received two single combined beds. - Breakfast is poor

+ Cleanliness + Friendly stuff + instant support + wide room

• Standard Room

The rooms were densed with cockroaches. The bathroom was stinking because of the drainage issue. The hotel was least responsible either despite complaints. The hotel was least concerned for guest Airport drop off arrangement

Location is nice. Few staff members were generous and hospitality conscious.

• Executive Suite

The room service and house keeping staff had to be reminded to give us tissue and also tea making stuff like tea bags. When they delivered they looked angry. We stopped asking. The kids playroom was small and for kids below 6 years old. The bathtub could do with extra cleaning.

The friendly and helpful front desk staff. We were given helpful tips about how to go around. The lady in the back office (I think Vinisha is her name) was helpful enough to print out our online tickets for us and also refer places for us to visit. The airport taxi arrangement was so seamless too. The room was very spacious and bedding very clean. Close to sharjah Aquarium, Al Qasba, and Al Majaz waterfront.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Room

central cooling for our room was not very cool and the breakfast was not acceptable because the meal every day the same and the food was not delicious

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Room

Rooms were not clean as its looks in the pictures, some old towels were kept in the toilet.likely they haven't took much time to change them.

The facilities were good and the staffs are amazing

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Standard Room

They have kept one passport for some reason and forget to return it back at the time of check out.

We stayed in a standard room which is little smaller than average room size, but room was clean, bed was comfortable. The room comes with free complimentary water, WiFi and a small covered balcony. The location of the hotel is great; public beach is just cross over the road. You will find the restaurant inside the hotel also around the hotel. The Grocery store is little walk away. The hotel has almost everything needed to have a pleasant stay, swimming pool, gym, ladies’ saloon, kids play area, massage machine and souvenir shops. There is a limited parking but hotel is located in a free parking area so you can park anywhere nearby hotel. Breakfast is basic can be improved, overall it's a value of money.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Standard Room

Minimum Parking slots. Breakfast is minimum, and need to to add view more dishes to the menu.

Good location in the heart of Sharjah and close to the sea side. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

though it takes about 15-20 mins to walk to the area with cafes/shops. Breakfast was very poor of a choice. The guest service agent Marianna was a bit rude with people who came to her with questions. Before booking this hotel, consider that 80% of tourists in this hotel are russian.

Beach is very close....very good wi-fi. quiet place.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Standard Room

Rooms were very small, bed were uncomfortable, it doesn't look like a hotel but looks like a hostel more, breakfast was not good very limited options

the interior design of the hotel was fine

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Standard Room

The room didn't have a view. There was no welcoming package of tea, nescafe, or coffee in the room.

Everything was nice from entrance to the bedroom. The breakfast was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was a playground for kids which is very interesting and creates a child friendly atmosphere. I think they need to expand and improve it.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Standard Room

Conditioner is working so loud Without you can't sleep,because it's hot.with you can't sleep because it's noisy.Housekeping guys working also very noisy.Today I woke up at 9am because someone used cleaning machine.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Standard Room

The hotel is very dirty and rats are available everywhere. The breakfast is also very limited. I also didn't like the staff behavior, they are negative and just looking for payment in advance. Unfortunately, As a frequent traveler, this is absolutely the worst experience i ever had. and i must warn other travelers from this trap.

I liked the beach and location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Standard Room

Needs fumigation and renovation, stayed one night , woke up with bedbug's bites al over . Old yellowish towels ,uncomfortable beds

Located very near to the beach and main road. Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Standard Room

The water runs hot always. It was difficult to enjoy a proper bath.

LOCATION is near to our home. So transportation is not a problem. Public beach area is accessible. Staff were accomodating.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Room

Door room beside passage directly so you should close it to avoid other gust to see inside.

Breakfast very nice and variety. Kids swimming pool. Play corner for kids. Clean room

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Standard Room

Nothing- only the swimming pool is small (good for children's).

*Great reception staff- I loved their warm welcome during check.in (especially Mr.Karthi) make me to feel more comfort. *check.in and check out process very fast. *Rooms are very clean and quite housekeeping and room service staffs are friendly. *Free Wifi,free parking,free shuttle service. *I strongly recommend to stay at this hotel,its very joyful hotel with hospitalize staff members and location near to beach.

• Standard Room

Rooms are not as shown in booking.com website. Public transport not available in this location. We don't see a 3 star quality for this hotel. Not worth the money we paid.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard Room

The first room we got had a defective a/c so we requested to be transferred to another room.

It was nearby the location of our event. Staff at the housekeeping was very efficient.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard Room

Parking limitation as we had traveled by road from KSA. the restaurant situated in the lobby had a party going on till past midnight with loud music playing, which woke up the children and we had a tough time sleeping.

The facilities like Kids play area were really great.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Room

*Too much Noise at midnight,, *internet connection complicated, you need to go to your internet browser to be able to connect. *too much delay in repairing A/C ,then required to change room. *not suitable for families with children because rooms areseparated and all room are in line with main corridor,,even if two rooms close to each other,, no privacy and you feel worried about kids because they are in a separate room. *beach at opposite side is not very close ..

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Room

Room service wasnt good .. missing items in room .. no tea coffee avaiable in room .. need to call again n again to ask for things like shampoo.. bathrob.. slippers .. tea coffee .. mini bar was emptyyyy

Location is good .. easy to find. Breakfast was delicious

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Standard Room

this hotel was recommended to me by my friend and found total satisfaction in our 4 days stay in Al Seef Hotel. i recommend you to stay as all their staff specially Daniel Arunsi are polite and all facilities are good & excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

The rooms AC is warm..not cold in the room 205 and 208 and the pool swimming hours is so short. It closes at 8:30pm though we still wanted to swim.

I love the comfort of the rooms. Totally good for family bonding.the staffs are accomodating specially Ms.Grace in the reception.

• Standard Room

Best place.. value for money

Early closing of pool at night, it should be atleast 10-11 PM

It's good hotel.

• Executive Suite

Food, room & no beach...they are only using public beach access

Bedroom is dusty and my child got insect bites after lying in the bed

Parking space

Feel like home

Bad

They need more work

Need more development

• Standard Room

No hot water, AC not working properly

• Standard Room

It is clean and my room was huge

It is value for money

evri think

• Standard Room

Tv channels were limited Breakfast not meet my expectation

The room and balkoony has privacy Everything is available in the room

Facilities

Clean

• Standard Room

Staff friendly and near of beach

• Standard Room

Very smelly rooms / linen was below average

Stuff at the reception

Large room

Bed splitting to 2 pcs

Beverage is ok

• Standard Room

Bellmen very helpful/friendly! Helped me open my bottle/wine...

Browse Al Seef Hotel traveller photo gallery