2. UAE hotel reviews
  3. Abu Dhabi Emirate hotel reviews
  4. Jurayrah hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Anantara Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort

Reviews of Anantara Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Liwa Desert,Qasr Al Sarab Road 1, Jurayrah, United Arab Emirates

#1 of 1 hotels in Jurayrah

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Gorgeous! A wonderful place to visit.
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

The breakfast was very rich in variety and quality with a perfect environment. The facilities are splendid with wonderful decoration. The bedroom is a perfect space to stay with perfect details. The staff are very welcome and always showing a high level of efficacy. I absolutely recommend a stay in the resort!

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

Amazing reddish 300meter dunes of Liwa Desert is the most...
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

Amazing reddish 300meter dunes of Liwa Desert is the most beautiful nature’s place in the UAE. Truly unique. Villa with private pool is the best way to enjoy the scenery . Hard dune bashing experience is a must. Otherwise great 5 star hotel experience with excellent service. Thank you guys for a wonderful memory!

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

One of the most beautiful hotels I’ve seen
    • Anantara Suite

As expected, this quality comes at a very high price, especially for drinks, cocktails. Also my birthday passed unnoticed till late evening on the day when my husband notified someone. This happened despite receiving happy birthday e-mails from anantara that day.

The hotel complex is fabulous, the architecture, interior design, it is a pleasure to roam around to discover it. The staff is fantastic, from reception, pool attendants and lifeguard to the deputy manager who has amazing common sense and he is very present around the hotel. We used baby sitting which was very professional, same for the kids club staff. Roof top terrace has amazing view.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2019

Incredible place, not as good as last time last year.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The problems come through booking since the hotel did not provide things as the early check in for the two rooms as reserved, the rooms where not next to eachother as reserved and you cannot complain at the hotel because they said we did reservations through booking so sorry but next time we will not book with you guys.

Incredible place, not as good as last time last year. Great pool, good attitude although not great service at the breakfast or the pool. Very slow and difficult understanding.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2019

Location and views
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

Room service kept knocking in the early morning despite the "don't disturb" sign on the door. The pool floor was very dirty and full of sand. The food was very expensive

Location and views

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

The facilities
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

The wash room has musty in the shower area which shows that they don’t clean it even weekly. The coffee capsules were old and can’t be open by Expresso machine. The villa with swimming pool fence is open so anyone can enter and see when u r swimming

The facilities

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

The close proximity to the desert and the views from the...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

However, rather low quality and overpriced food. The property is also quite dirty and not so well maintained. Doest really feel like a luxury resort. No evening entertainment activities at all. Definitely not worth the money and you are better off doing a one day desert tour from Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

The close proximity to the desert and the views from the resort are amazing.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

After 10 years of travelling this was my absolute favourite Hotel!
    • Anantara Suite

Nothing, my stay was exceptional!

I'm not sure that the experience that I had at this Anantara will ever be topped. Everything was above and beyond my expectations from the staff, to the food, the property, and the activities. One of the first things I did when I got there was to climb the dune at the back of the property. I was in awe! An absolute must activity is to do the camel ride at sunset. Our guide, Waris, was incredible and the views and experience of it all was hands down my all-time favourite excursion. I loved my trip to the UAE and the Anantara was the highlight of my entire time there.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Amazing resort & scenery!
    • Deluxe Garden Room

I do not have anything which I did not like. However, to mention something, the resort should hire a dedicated Shisha guy (the Sun Lounge, did not have a shisha guy). The shisha was served but the hoze was leaking and had to sent it back twice (felt bad about it because I did not want to be anoyying to the staff), then when it came back- the foil was completely burned through so in the end could not enjoy a shisha during sunset (I dont blame the waiters for this :-))

The location and scenery of this resort is just amazing. Very friendly staff and we received a free upgrade to a Balcony room during our stay. The resort has plenty of outdoor activities.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

amzing location. disapointing staff.
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

Staff in reception unattentive, useless and to slow. butler service in this property would help to improve the service.

Location is superb and amzing. Facilities very good.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Luxury 5 star desert resort at a price
    • Deluxe Terrace Room

The hotel is overpriced and does not include any free activities as with other desert resorts such as camel rides. Everything is chargeable at over the top prices. The buffet dinner is very poor for the price and quality meat not as expected.

Excellent location in the middle of the desert 2 hours from Abu Dhabi. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable and well attended by excellent room service.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

Memorable
    • Anantara Suite

Limited choice of restaurants and menus, the excessive price off the buffet dinner given the limited choice of dishes.

The reaction of the staff to my request to review their room policy concerning children. Very professional and helpful.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

This hotel is a must-stay hotel for my trip to the United...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

I reserved two rooms for an 8-year-old and a 4-year-old. When we checked in, a camel-style biscuit was presented on the table of the 8-year-old childr's room. My 4-year-old child's room had no such biscuit, but my daughter liked it very much. For this reason, I communicated with the luggage servicers, the telephone service desk and the face-to-face room clerk three times separately. Until I checked out, it was still fruitless, which was the only I was not satisfied with.

This hotel is a must-stay hotel for my trip to the United Arab Emirates. I'm happy to meet all my expectations. The whole hotel is built in the hinterland of Liwa desert, like a desert castle. Employees are very nice. There are many kinds of breakfast. The night sky is very beautiful. I spent two unforgettable nights here.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Beautiful resort in the desert except for the food
    • Deluxe Garden Room

I found the restaurants too much expensive for the quality of the food served. Al Waha restaurant diner was really disappointed. For such hotel and the price for the buffet, the expectations were much higher. Al Falaj was really not good when you pay more than 120 US$ and serving a very low quality food. Suhail restaurant was not that bad but the price still doesn't match with the food quality. You can't compare these restaurants with those in Atlantis or even Fairmount hotels.

The service is amazing. The employees are nice and very sweet. They are very quick to answer your questions and provide wherever you need. Very smiley employees. The view is breathless 🌞 The room is cozy and bring some freshness and air to this splendid desert

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

I am extremely disappointed to be writing a bad review,...
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

I am extremely disappointed to be writing a bad review, since my expectations were stellar, but I must say that I have never seen mistakes like these in this hotel category. The resort is breathtaking beyond belief and one of the most scenic I have ever seen, but the service and prices are very questionable. In addition, I have never seen such poor service in my life. I wrote a detailed complain to them and on Tripadvisor which received no reply also. Just a few reason below: 1- about a week prior to our arrival the resort started calling and writing emails that they urgently needed to charge the entire accommodation fee. This was not highlighted when I booked and considering I was traveling for work, definitely not a comfort to have to write emails, calls and wait for a link to pay while working with a 9-hour time zone difference. 2-When I booked in March I had specifically requested a king bed and told client relations that the special occasion was our engagement and anniversary. Upon arrival, they told us we could not have a king bed but two twin beds separated (not even attachable). I understand the resort is full but I wrote 6 times for a few simple things for this stay, therefore found this insane and quite non believable. 3- when I booked I was made aware of the mandatory Gala dinner fee (which was very high), but I accepted. No drinks were included aside from 1 champagne glass and if I pay 700 euro for a two person dinner I expect Michelin star food and a bottle of wine. 4- the only night we went to dinner at their steakhouse, we paid 200 euro for two overdone steaks, two beers and one risotto, after waiting for over 1 hour for food and complaining to the staff. No apologies. 5- Waited for 2 hours in the room upon check-out for the pick-up with bags. No one came, we walked with all our luggage. 6- Upon bad review, they asked to clarify via private email - NEVER replied again. NEVER have I witnessed this level of non-professionalism.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

A great unique experience in the middle of nowhere.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The restaurants were quite pricey for what you got. And they did not have a milk whipper in the rooms.

The setting of the hotel is amazing in the empty quarter. The rooms were gorgeous and the whole hotel was done up perfectly.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Great place, great views, difficult communication with the hotel

We have booked 2 rooms, both with a king size bed. One of the rooms was having twin beds and was not ready during check in. Difficult for us, traveling with a child sharing a bed. Hotels crew proposed to join the beds together and fill up the room in between with a spare pillows. Which is quite strange, taking into account paying 500€/night, exchanging couple of emails and noting this within reservation. At the end, the gave us nice upgrade. But I spent half of our one day stay dealing this issue :(

Hidden gem in the middle of the desert. Unbelievable views and sunset.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Christmas Anniversary
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

No late checkout availability despite hotel being very quiet, construction in the distance did impact location slightly.

Location was amazing, hotel looks the part.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

One of the best Christmas presents we have ever given each other.
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

The Arab dinner was disappointing. In fact, it made me angry because it felt like an experiment gone wrong. It did not live up to the standards of the rest of the resort. I was so angry, we left without finishing our dinner. This dinner was marketed - just as the entire resort - as an authentic experience. It was the least authentic experience we've had in the UAE. Here are some tips: We needed spoons. Set a complete dinner setting. Let customers know that this is not authentic. Arabs do not eat on couches, over a coffee table. Instead, use Arabic majlis so the table is higher than the knees of a person. Tables are needed for those who are unable to sit on the ground. People spill or drop food on their evening attire when they eat from coffee tables. Arabs don't listen to French musicians. Instead, they are known to listen to famous Arabic singers. This band was truly awful. The lead guitarist couldn't keep up. The music was too loud. Then to video tape and shine their terrible performance on a large screen - just stole the evening away from the attention of the stars, the people, the cooks ... the night. This music was such a distraction. We waited a long time to be served. The guy seemed confused. Navigating the hot food that was stored in the containers was terrible. Use pots that have lids that only partially shut. We let the lids open completely and had a difficult time closing them. We called and complained. If someone calls and provides important information about having a terrible experience, they shouldn't be charged. This was your most expensive dinner. But, because we trust you, we assumed it would be worth the little extra charge. If we knew that: the service was just OK, the food was difficult to get, we would spill food on our clothes while listening to really inappropriate music, we would have s chosen a different venue.

From the moment we arrived, through the entire three-night stay, and until the minute we left - staff members made us their priority. They always asked how we were doing, they wanted to know if there was something they could do more of, and they always wished us a pleasant day. When we arrived, we were told that we were upgraded and we were going to stay in a villa rather than in a room with a balcony. You can imagine how happy we were about that. So, all this is to say that it's the customer service that we liked best. But, the resort is as beautiful as the staff is professional. Perfect in every way. The morning rise camel ride was spectacular too. This is our second time to stay at this resort and it was our second sunrise camel ride. We showed our guide some pictures we took of him during our first stay at the resort and he was very touched. He gave me his red and white checkered scarf and we gave each other a nose kiss. This is how awesome and authentic the employees are. We loved our villa. Every wall, every room, each piece of furniture, the bathroom, the pool, the backyard, the view - each was spectacular. The pillow selection, letting us choose what time the cleaners would come, the evening, room service 'check-ins' left no detail too small to ignore. The location and setting are breath taking. People can go to the beach and catch-up on their sun tan just about anywhere. But, you can only go to a desert resort, especially one like this, here in the UAE. The nation's best treasure.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

Amazing place, the desert is nicer than closer to the cities...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Amazing place, the desert is nicer than closer to the cities, the hotel is beautiful, in the middle of nowhere. Rooms very nice and big. Good restaurant and breakfast. Worth it!

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

You have to see it to believe it.
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

This was one of the surprising highlights for our trip. Staying in the middle of nowhere made us feel excited before heading off, and when we were finally there, pretty much everything exceeded our expectation. First, the view was just breathtaking. You couldn't image there was literally a village in the middle of a desert. The room and other resort facilities were beyond standard. Even it has been opened for 10 years, everything was well maintained that you would have thought it was a brand new resort. We had dinner at Suhail, the food and the drink were excellent, and the waiting staff made sure you had the best dinning experience. As for the staff, everyone made his/her best effort to take very good care of you. And even it was in the middle of a desert, you somehow felt home and didn't want to leave. I mean, except for the location and the unique view the location provided, it was the people there made the resort so special. We would definitely go back and stay for a bit longer.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

It’s an expensive adventure, but it’s worth it.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

I thought I booked a room with two beds but it was a single bed. In the bathroom, there was only one dental kit for two people (hm I believe I could ask for another, but why should I?)

Location, architecture, interior.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

Overall very pleasent weekend but a bit overpriced
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

Generally pricing to high, particularly for restaurants. Food and service was good but I was eating all over the world in much better restaurants, eating some fairly "fancy" food for less

Generally all staff were very professional and helpful

• Reviewed: December 22, 2018

The resort feel and the immaculate appointments made this...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The restaurants were too expensive for the quality delivered. You can’t charge Zuma prices for average food.

The resort feel and the immaculate appointments made this luxury getaway a fabulous treat.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Breathtaking place in one word. Our second stay and the third will come soon. I am sure.
    • Deluxe Terrace Room

I can't mark anything as "dislike".

Our second stay in Anantara Qasr Al Sarab after one year. Again so perfect. The place is really wonderful and amazing, it's very difficult to mark anything wrong on the hotel. We enjoyed great in-dinning service, calm terrace for resting. I am looking forward for third opportunity, I hope next year.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Magic
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Make sure your credit card has a good limit for the extras!

This resort is like no other - especially it's location . Service from the staff was excellent- very attentive. Always looking to ensure your needs are met. There are very few places we have stayed that have displayed those same qualities - and we know there are some good ones, but this is up with the best.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

The food was excellent.
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

Extras, activities, restaurants are over priced. It is an isolated location and cost destination. There is no alternative naturally and felt a bit too much that the hotel is taking advantage of that.

The food was excellent. Really good job! Location and setting is simply incredible. Will visit again definitely.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

The gentleman at the counter said he would send my invoice by email. I have not received it yet.

Room comforts especially relating to morning coffee making. Grossly under provided. One has to ask every now and then. for a six star hotel, this does not severe good.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Everything about this property is AMAZING.
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

Two small comments, the pool was a little too cold during our stay - you had to get in to swim or cool off and not to float around for ages. On the plus side it will never get crowded. The property is very large and it was a little difficult to find the way through, as the signage is discreet. I should add though that the staff provide a very quick door to door service in golf buggies, so you can be picked up and dropped off whenever you like between your room and the main buildings. It would be a shame to miss enjoying the beautiful garden design here however by catching a buggy every time.

Everything about this property is AMAZING. We loved our time here from start to finish. All the little details are taken care of, the staff are wonderful and service is quick and attentive. The variety of activities on offer is brilliant and help make the most of the stunning location. Each activity delivered more than we were expecting.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Phenomenal, with 1 annoying negative experience!
    • Deluxe Garden Room

After a great late evening at the restaurant my wife and I were woken up loudly by a call from one of the hotel staff at 6:00 am, only to be apologized to because it was by accident. Needless to say we couldn't fall back asleep so our sleep was ruined. In another hotel I would've made a big fuss because I didn't get the main thing I paid for.

Phenomenal in every possible way. The setting, the views, the rooms, the service, the pool, the evening turndown, the nice little anniversaey cake touch, the food (breakfast was great, Souheil was great/average depending on the dish)...etc. Minus 1 star because ultimately it's a hotel and hotels are for sleeping first and foremost.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Terrible
    • Deluxe Garden Room

1) Bed had blood stains when we checked in to the hotel. 2) Staff was not well trained and not curtious to deal with the situation 3) Pillows were too soft. 4) AC would blow the air straight on the face while sleeping. 5) swarm of Flies everywhere, in the room, by the pool, on the dunes, in the reception

1) Location of the resort

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Beautifully set hotel but be prepared to pay for its remoteness.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The cost. The hotel was overwhelmingly expensive for everything, especially the buffet Arabic meal amongst the sand dunes where the wine was of poor quality and at AED 550 per head, was astronomical given the food received. Additionally, the activity list was obscenely expensive as well - with activities such as camel rides, dune bashing or even morning yoga so obscene it was impossible to justify.

One of the most beautifully set locations I have been to. The hotel is deep in the sand dunes and the views are absolutely spectacular. The hotel is very traditional and is a very pleasant place to stay.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

The location, remote in the desert, is amazing.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Given the level of maintenance and amount of staff, I totally understand why this is an expensive hotel, but the various activities you can book felt like a bit of a rip off on top of that. Eg. for the 2hr camel ride we were only actually on the camel for 45 mins or so, the rest was transport and hanging around for coffee. The breakfast was always very crowded and noisy. A contrast with the quiet atmosphere in the rest of the hotel.

The location, remote in the desert, is amazing. The hotel is built and decorated with a lot of attention for detail making it an attraction in itself. Staff are extremely helpful. We loved the restaurant in "bedouin camp" setting for dinner.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Loved every minute of it.
    • Anantara Suite

Because the resort is located in the middle of nowhere, guest are obliged to eat in the (expensive) restaurants 3x a day. Especially with our young children we would have liked a little supermarket / corner shop for some simple snacks or sandwiches.

Amazing location. Mindblowing views. Great breakfast, nice Kids Club, excellent service. The room was very comfortable and stylish.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

The hotel is stunning and surrounded by the desert only,...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

It’s a big hotel...if you like exclusivity take a pool villa! Take in room breakfast much better than the buffet which is like any big buffet from average hotels

The hotel is stunning and surrounded by the desert only, beautiful landscape!

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Excellence in service centered around the guests.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The consistency among the staff is what you notice first! Everyone is doing things at the same standard each and everytime! It was something to admire and I want to commend the Leadership team at the Resort for getting this right! From Reception, Restaurants, Spa and even Transport and Cleaning; Everyone asked the same questions and it was genuine, heartfelt commitment to serve!

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Fantastic location, located in the central of a desert...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

A bit expensive but worth the price.

Fantastic location, located in the central of a desert called “the empty quarter”. This is a quite beautiful desert compare to others (with high colourful dunes. The resort building was designed in a traditional Arabic manner. Birds can be easily found and other animals could be observed within the area. A range of different activities is offered. 4x4 sand surfing is in comfort and new Toyota Land Cruisers.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Bucket List Experience - Impeccable Service
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The cost, lol! But what can you expect with such luxury in a very remote part of the world?

Wow, what a place. This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I feel so fortunate to have been able to stay at Qasr Al Sarab. The views, the service, the setting....everything was top notch. Absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Beautiful facilities!
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Not many food options. Only 2 restaurants and the food is way overpriced for what you get. Room service was no better!!

Beautiful facilities!! Rooms were very clean!

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

This stay ranks very high up in my Top 5 of all hotel stays. Phenomenal!
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

There was absolutely nothing that I didn't like.

The hotel is absolutely amazing. The location is phenomenal, it feels like another world altogether! The staff were super great too! Quite an exceptional level of customer service. The suite we stayed in was gorgeous. All in all this was a perfect stay!

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Beautiful location, great hotel - food expensive.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Food and drink overpriced. 120 aed for a burger at lunchtime is very excessive. Evening meals were very nice but very expensive what what we had. Disappointing when everything was very good but the money spent for 2 days of a normal amount of food and drink doesn’t make you want to go back as it’s ridiculously expensive.

Generally staff helpful. Hotel is very nice and beautiful location and facilities were good. Breakfast was very good - great variety of food and drinks. Dune bashing was an awesome trip and the guide ‘Zain’ was very knowledge and made the trip even better. Bed conmfy and everywhere clean. Evening meal in Ghadeer was fantastic, food was delicious.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

A place to return to again and again.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

This is a luxurious hotel in the middle of the desert which gives you the feeling of being away from the rat race. It is an extremely relaxing place. The rooms are private clean and comfortable. There is an enormous bath that I would have used if I'd been there longer. The pool was a welcome to cool in the heat of the day.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

It was just perfect!
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

It was just perfect!! We stayed in 1 BR private pool villa and it was very beautiful. Good experience. Staffs especially Johannes was very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Perfect getaway for the weekend with a baby
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

There was one staff member who gave our golf cart away even though we were with a baby.

The villa’s plunge pool, the breakfast, the ease of travelling with a baby

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

lovely desert hotel
    • Deluxe Garden Room

difficulty of communication with some of the staff. the room was nice but not as clean as we expected with the value of the money we paid for.

nice breakfast, comfortable bed, beautiful scenery in the room, choices of activities and most of the staff were kind. specifically July and Daniel were wonderful helping us and making sure we are happy and comfortable during our breakfast time. thank you guys!

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Amazing stay!
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Amazing stay! Since check in to check out, staff very friendly, amazing views of the desert, nice and comfy bedroom! good food and cocktails! Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

They need to improve big time if they want to continue with these rates
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Wasn't as clean as one would expect after paying so much Bed wasn't comfortable Wardrobes were full of dust Unnecessary upgrade which ruined the anniversary surprise. Over priced restaurants

Room service

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Luxurious hotel in a magical location.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The summer summer but that was beyond their control.

Luxurious hotel in a magical location. Great facilities. Staff super friendly and helpful - especially Ruth at reception who showed us the villas

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Great weekend away relaxing!
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

Awesome setting for a hotel, great staff and amazing food! We spent a night here in the peak of summer and whilst it was hot, the pool temperature was perfect and we could always head back into the AC in the villa to cool off!

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Gorgeous getaway- no stress here...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

This property is a perfect getaway. The attentive staff, beautiful surroundings and luxurious facilities add to an overall feeling of being in paradise. Guests are welcomed warmly and no request is too much for the staff.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

An excellent weekend getaway with friends.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Nothing, we arrived early and had to wait quite a while for the room to be cleaned, but not the hotel's fault.

The whole experience was awesome, bed was very comfortable, breakfast was amazing, a lot of choice. Pool and swim up bar were perfect, price for a bucket hadn't changed in a year and was good value at AED 100 and the burgers were delicious. The staff were helpful and cheerful too.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Totally enjoyed the desert surroundings although it is in the middle of summer heat.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Fruit basket or welcome basket was a little sorry state . Not luxurious enough to match the quality of the service and room

Check in staff was kind to bump us up from garden deluxe to king terrace and we had our own private terrace

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Good stay overall
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

The stay rate, activities & restaurants are overpriced. Also, they were doing some cleaning in the morning, and so it was noisy since 8am, while we chose the location for its quietness! The late check-out was approved via booking.com, but they said it was not on their system, and they deactivated the access cards at noon. We had to walk to the reception, which was not a great experience in the heat. We were also surprised to find 1 bottle of shower gel only in the bathroom, and the cleaning service is not done every day but upon request, something that was not disclosed by the butler at the checking-in.

The location is great & the hotel is well maintained.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Fantastic resort within an exceptional landscape.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

AC in the room seemed to be unable to keep room cold enough. Eggs shakshuka for breakfast were just bad. Not appetising.

The pool and bar staff made the most chilled and happy experience.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

I’ve been in the UAE for nine years and this is was comfortably the best experience I’ve had.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The fact it’s teo and half hours from Abu Dhabi and I can’t come here every weekend!

Every single thing, it was an amazing experience. I would like to make a special mention to Mounia, who made the trip even more special than it ever could have been:

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Best hotel stay I have experienced.
    • Deluxe Terrace Room

Nothing in the whole trip was not perfect. It was that good

1) Wonderful experience with the staff - brilliant treatment 2) Amazing location - breathtaking 3) Wonderful facilities, world class 4) Food was exquisite - highly recommended

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

A dream in the desert
    • Deluxe Garden Room

One night was much too short. I wish we could have stayed for longer to enjoy this fantastic place.

The room was beautiful, cosy and spacious, extremely well designed with a fantastic patio and breathtaking views. The bathroom was the best I have very experienced anywhere. The gym is larger and better equipped than many commercial gyms. The staff at check in, at the gym, at the al liwan lounge and at the early morning camel ride especially were extremely welcoming, friendly and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in every aspect.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Birthday weekend away
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

The lack of restaurant cuisine type The rate on simple experiences which should not cost so much

The setting, design, experienced hospitality service and most of all, the seclusion

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Beautiful hotel and nice staff - but problems in communication & providing luxury standard services
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Twin room was not ready upon arrival (note: we arrived way past the normal check in time and hotel was half empty). Got assigned a kind bed without being properly asked - there is a reason why people ask for twin room. We were not told the restaurant needed booking (mind you, with an hotel half full, I did not even think I would need one). The prices of F&B are just ri-di-cu-lous. And I live in Dubai, so I see ridiculous prices on a daily basis.

The location is undoubtly amazing. The breakfast offers a large choice and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are beautiful and really big - even the basic ones. Amazing spa.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Disappointing for the top level price tag

Really incredibly expensive which is ok if it's a top class facility. Nowhere to charge a phone without rooting about behind the TV, shower fell apart and service was so very very slow oh and the coffee machine didn't work in the room. Said they'd fix it. They didn't. Also didn't ask how the stay was when we left.

Great location, beautiful sand dunes. Some of the staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

The view was amazing and I was given a free mug by the...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in the room and no fridge to keep our water chilled.

The view was amazing and I was given a free mug by the manager! What a lovely treat!

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Fantastic location, great layout and incredible food
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The staff are very helpful and efficient but you could be very lonely if you were here for a few days on your own. It's ok if you like to be waited on, but forget about having a chat with anyone.

Location, design and food

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

A must in a lifetime.
    • One-Bedroom Anantara Pool Villa

It costs pretty high price in each activities. Animal experience wasn’t excited me as expected.

Variety food for breakfast and friendly staff. A lot of optional activities.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

The bed was a cloud and the bathtub was amazing inside the...
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

The bed was a cloud and the bathtub was amazing inside the room! I also liked the array of activities the resort provided. All staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Unique experience
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

Can get overcrowded at pool area. Reservations for dinner at the restaurant outlets should be book well in advance, also with the recreation activities (such as camel rides). Large tour groups from China and France/Europe tend to take-over the facilities. Not recommended in summer - unless you plan to stay indoors only. It is extremely hot outside during May - October, yet the views are outstanding. Also a long drive on dangerous road to reach from Abu Dhabi (2 hours). 3 Hours from Dubai. Overall, worth it.

Superb and extraordinary resort. Beautiful and unique surroundings, facilities and views are superb. Staff are super friendly and service from checking-in to checking out very good. Decent restaurants and recreation activities. Recommended for people wanting a quiet break away from busy life. The surrounding desert and dunes and sunsets are truly unique. Will definitely return.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

The location and the authentic design !
    • Deluxe Garden Room

The pool area is not up to the level of the magic location and only very few staff ... hence the one who were there were not that welcoming !

The location and the authentic design ! We were very well received by the reception staff and the concierge ! Special regards to the executive chef as well ...

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Location was unbelievable.
    • Anantara Suite

Food options a little limited.

Location was unbelievable. Hotel was extremely peaceful. Room was very comfortable and loads of space. Very accommodating to kids despite being 5* property. One of hotels that we have ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

It's more like a exploring that finding out a oasis with...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

It's more like a exploring that finding out a oasis with suferring a long journey. It's more like a dream in the day time that the sights of The Uncharted 3 game getting into the real life. It's more like a tiny drug that not easy resist with staying longer. The time was flying by the sun rising and down and the desert keeping whisper . I'm a unlucky guy i need spend half time of my vacation in here even which just 3 days. I'm the lucky guy that i could get back again since we already know each other the silence lady in the desert.I'm the naughty 329 room guy and thx again for all the patience of The Qasr Al Sarab stuff.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

World class from start to finish!! Well done
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Check in was a little long but the treats while we waited and the staff friendliness made it all seem irrelevant

In the top 3 hotels I have stayed in throughout my life. Absolutely sublime in every way. Location was out of this world and the deluxe garden rooms were simply to die for. Went up the Famous dunes at sunrise and honestly it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. Facilities were amazing and the staff were perfect. A must see if you live in the UAE. Will 100% be back!

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

It is a unique special place with wonderful staff and food.
    • Anantara Suite

It is a unique special place with wonderful staff and food. Rooms are beautiful, property is great and the setting is magical. I can’t wait to get back!

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

High Luxury desert Oasis in the middle of the dunes
    • Deluxe Balcony Room

my second visit to this place and everything was perfect again. Super comfy bed, large choice of luxury soap in bathrooms, incredible breakfast. Horse-riding at sunrise is a must do

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Fabulous resort!
    • Deluxe Garden Room

It would be helpful if the full cost could be shown on booking.com as the price went up between the initial screen and the payment screen due to local taxes etc

Fabulous resort!

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Everything was beyond our expectations.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Normal quality of massage for a super high price. In my opinion not worth it. Overpriced

Everything was beyond our expectations. Very very friendly staff especially Julia, manager of Ghadeer restaurant. Sitting on a swing and watch the sky& stars at night was very very nice.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Great stay. Wonderful place.
    • Deluxe Garden Room

When the hotel is full like it was one can see that the service is not up to what it is otherwise. This should not happen taking into account the prices at the hotel

Almost everything

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Really great service and staff genuinely seemed interested...
    • Deluxe Garden Room

Really great service and staff genuinely seemed interested in what they were doing. Specifically, an excellent astronomy activity which I would highly recommend to anyone!

We Price Match