Reviews of Ascot Hotel 4 stars

Khalid Bin Walid Road, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#279 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Deluxe Room

Front office staff attitude.Secondly my bathroom ceiling started to leak.when i called reception they refused to give me other room stating hotel is fully booked.but once maintenance team told them it would take more time.they gave me another room after 1 hr.They had rooms but still refused to give it initially.

I liked the room and cleanliness.Housekeeping staff were very warm.Front office staff were not great.Usually u expect them to be warm and welcoming.But people working were doing as if they were forced to do it

• Deluxe Room

I had booked in credit card and did not carry the card I booked. The room rent was around AED 190. Of which AED 140 was cut from the card (This is a cheap trick this hotel is playing I believe else they have to explain it here) immediately upon booking and the remaining AED 50 to be paid at the property. I tried to pay the remaining amont in cash but the hotel did not accept that. As I did not carry the card I used for booking they asked me to pay the entire room rent in Cash or using another card!! They said the money they cut will recredit in my account in one week. This is really frustrating ( to put it mildly) Second, I had booked the room for two people. I had a visitor later on for which they charged me additional AED 150. This information is not mentioned in booking.com site. Had it been there, I would not have chosen this hotel. I will never ever go back to this hotel and will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

There nothing to like in this hotel

• Deluxe Room

The staff at the reception while checking in kept me standing for an hour saying they are doing the payment process plus they charged extra from my card saying it will be back in your card in a week, which didn't happen. Thieves.

• Deluxe Room

It was not that clean with weird smell, washroom looks older, things not working in washroom. Staff was really slow took 20 min to complet paper work even i was the only customer at 11 pm. Absolutely usless for the amount of money paid.

Bed only

• Deluxe Room

I didn’t like the behaviour of the reception staff especially the rate was little less when we booked the room online .so they allot me a very uncomfortable room .no 542 .while I sleeping when leg and back started etching I switched on the light suddenly when I look I saw lot of BYG s in side blanket and on pillows.i vacated morning and not complaintd but mentioned ..

I like the location it’s heart of Dubai this is the reason I booked the room

• Executive Room

I am wandring why UEA gave them 4stars?! Beakfast was not good and resturant invironment not good Bad smill in room and corridor Just indian can beer this hotel

• Deluxe Room

The lobby was small with low ceilings, doesn't suite a 4-star hotel. The double bed is actually two single beds and one cannot spread in the middle of the bed because of the gap in the middle which is uncomfortable. Beware of the "mistakes" that the reception staff may make. The hotel seemed understaffed as my room was not ready even after the check-in time. The housekeeping staff was still bringing stuff even after settling in my room.

The housekeeping staff was very courteous and friendly. The rooms were quite despite the presence of clubs on ground floor and the 5th floor.

• Deluxe Room

Some disco noise at at night. and small details like no ice in room service. but will surely go back on my next trip. some staff do not clean the bath tub well, but after mentioning to the cleaner, it was taken care.

I have been going to this Hotel for the Past 8 years, the standard of service and room has decrease, compared to the last time i was there, however its still the best 4 hotel in the area.

• Deluxe Room

I have stayed in many hotels in dubai, but this stay in Ascot was worst of all. Hotel stinks a lot both in passage & rooms. Sound in two clubs on the roof top was too loud & till 3 am we did not sleep.

Staff was attentive Car parking personnel were good to respond.

• Deluxe Room

They will charge you even for a glass or other small items. Room service is so poor. Once I requested for a bath towel it took them half an hour to deliver what else you can expect.

The only plus point of this hotel is location that’s it.

• Deluxe Room

933 aed was withdrawn from my debit card after I checked out from the hotel, in spite of showing the evidence by bank statement, the hotel didn't returned back the money

• Deluxe Room

It would have been ok if the hotel was well maintained. The water is too hot and you need to wait for a while before you can flush the toilet again. And the shower is broken too.

I was able to check in early and the staff at the reception were helpful and nice.

• Deluxe Room

The odors, having to call every day for wash towels. Being rated as a four star hotel and not having iron and ironing board in the rooms.. Short sheets on the bed, taking several calls to get someone to answer the phone, then waiting a very long time for hotel to bring any thing to your room. Having to wait for the hotel staff to check your room before you can checkout!

The location was the best thing about this hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Staff isn't smiling at all, felt like I attended a funeral. Property is old and the smell in the bathroom was horrible. This hotel really needs a complete renovation. The rooms are dark, lights were partly not working. I checked out in the middle of the night and went to another hotel in Dubai.

Not much, actually

• Deluxe Room

Hotel can do a better job at informing people on places to visit and helping out with planning their itineraries. Staff attitude could have been bit better. Loud music plays on until early in the morning at a club nearby - would be problematic for light sleepers.

Good spread of breakfast, easy accessibility to the metro and street hire for taxis is very convenient, room service is efficient and food is tasty. 1 room was upgraded for free.

• Executive Room

Requested non smoking room and was given smoking room. Room was pitifully small and smelled

They did change my room next day to better suited room. Staff was courteous.

• Deluxe Room

Too much music playing till early morning although not too loud but loud enough to reach the rooms

Easy access to transport like taxis Market and museum walking distance from the property

• Deluxe Room

Unpleasant behaviour of the woman at the reception. Ill mannered lady didnt know how to treat guests. Extremely noisy and high volume music all night.

Location was good. The rooms were clean.

WiFi is not at all working in that hotel. I heard similar feedback when interacted with few near the front desk. Bath rooms & beds are not that of a 4 star hotel at all. Not worth the value for money that you spend. Since it is a tourist destination, they are taking tourists for a ride.

good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good

• Deluxe Room

The pool is at the hotel next door which is very misleading. Specifically booked two twin beds and received a double bed. Asked them to rectify this three times (they kept replying to come back tomorrow) and it was never sorted. Hotel staff were very poor and rude, which is completely opposite to my experience with staff in the rest of the country.

Facilities were good

• Deluxe Room

The hotel was old and needed renovating pics are old, lifts smelt very bad, carpet was torn and staff were somewhat oblivious to the fact that they were running a dance room that in actual fact doubled up as a brothel where again girls would dance on a stage as men sat around goping over them with much intoxiation going on and then the groups on men would call the girls over and discuss a rate for stay and pleasure and would often use alcohol as sexual presence to evoke a purchase of their time and service

Not very much travelled numerous hotels this was a very bad stay

• Deluxe Room

I didn’t like anything in this hotel the toilet was too small couldn’t sit and use it always water standing half wad in the closet no proper wifi had room service worst hotel I have ever stayed plz don’t stay here even if the give discounts

I liked the staff in the whole hotel Rekha the receptionist was kind and friendly others were only money minded and didn’t care for our services

• Deluxe Room

The Room was very Old Fashioned and untidy Furniture. The Lift was very old and untidy. The Hotel Passage was smelling of Alcohol. There were no signage of some Room numbers on 1st Floor Passage. The lobby was of low standard. Not at all a Luxy Deal as mentioned on Booking.com

Nothing At All! Only the Staff.

• Deluxe Room

Thugs are allowed to sell fake watches inside hotel premises n forces you to buy such fake watches. No one is dare to stop them, I hv shooter video inside de hotel how thugs are forcing to hotel guests to sell such fake products It seems you are in a small street of Meena Bazar

Charming n smiling staff

• Deluxe Room

First they charge the first day to my girlfriends card which I used to secure the room and then still charged me cash again for the money they already took, the first day we get there the room isn't even ready yet,we had to drag our bags up ourselves despite arriving at 4am. The property was rated at 4 star I'd give it 2-3 and that's stretching it by a mile. In the description they said they had a pool on the roof so I took the lift only to find a shady Indian night club and no pool,as it turns out their "pool" is a shared one that is on top of the neighbouring sister hotel the Royal Ascot which turns into a shady nightclub at night too. The room size in the description and the one we got were two different things entirely they boasted it was the biggest rooms in the area. Total rip off, you'd be better off with the lower rated hotels in the area cuz trust me it's the same thing the only difference is this one will cost you more for the same thing.

Easy address for taxi driver and couriers to find

• Deluxe Room

we booked our hotel with the breakfast included and it shows also in our booking confirmation, when we reached there they say breakfast not included with the amount we paid although it was cleared instated in booking sent to us theough mail. Staff are not very friendly and actually snob. Room service though is good and food are actually tasty and served hot.

Room is average.

• Deluxe Room

i lost my phone at the hotel room,although its chep one but its important to me ang when i ask the room service they said they dint find anything.there is 10min room check b4 we live the room service check the food and drink of we use it then we stay at the lobby but why they not find and tell about somethings we forget like our personal things slippers and hairbrush.whats the use of 10 min room check

• Executive Room

the music. thankfully we got a days reprieve due to the Islamic new year which meant no music was allowed to be played. wherever you are in the building all you can hear is thumping music coming from either spree (onsite nightclub) or the Goan shack one of the Restaurants which was right under our room. On a number of occasions housekeeping failed they didn't provide towels or toilet paper half way through our stay. oh and don't order anything from reception. I'm still awaiting some of the items requested to my room and i'm now back from my holiday.

the hotel was easy to get to and the staff on check in were OK. checking out was OK. we didn't eat at the property so couldn't comment on the food.

• Deluxe Room

The bar could have been better no one told me about the other facilities the bar have,you just have to explore it yourself.

What I like most about this hotel is the location, cleanliness and very comfort but the bar was very empty and boring did not last 2 seconds until I get out

• Deluxe Room

Room was not that comfortable. Pool was in next building, not opened on time ..rooms small , galleries conjusted .

Location is good. Restaurants are good .

• Deluxe Room

The staff at the front desk could have been more polite instead of getting upset at our queries and rushing us when we had questions. The noise level due to the two in sight discos is crazy..couldn't get sleep until 3am which was a pain.

I liked the fact that the hotel was very close to the metro and various shops, supermarkets and restaurants.

• Deluxe Room

They didn't give me any any instructions at the time of check in, also they behave like they do not like guest from Booking.com. They give me the wrong key at the time of check-in.

• Deluxe Room

If they just do maintenance of air conditioners , that's the perfect place to stay with value for money. But their air conditioners are slow or may b just fan works.

• Deluxe Room

Nothing... but may be they have to provide more charging points for mobile.

The location,cleanliness, service, breakfast are excellent! I will visit again!

• Deluxe Room

Maintenance is poor, mixer in shower broken, high floors can hear loud music from the rooftop club. Staff not so friendly, acting like they are making a favor to you.

The beds. Mattresses are so comfortable

• Deluxe Room

But in the morning there was some remuneration work was going on causing much noise early morning.

Decoration and everything including comfort of beds and attitude of staff was outstanding .

• Deluxe Room

When i entered the room i can see dust from the table,sofa,bed,chair,and even on glasses, and wifi was too slow.

It was a nice place,at affordable price

• Deluxe Room

It is a very good experience. The room was clean, the atmosphere was good, and the staff were helpful and friendly. This is really as much as one could expect from any Inn. When in town, I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

My booking was not there in the first place, the night auditor told that staff gone for dinner and have to wait. Anyone elese did not know how check my booking. Valet driver not there found anywhere I had to ask for a car parker & I parked my own car outside as the bell boy told me to and gave me a tag. However when i checkout i see my car in the same place in the sun... wow !! Bed is tooo very small, cold water nob was not working in the shower, around 12ish pm when in was sleeping someone try to open my door. I did realise but not call reception. I do not give it a 4 star, i would rate it 2.5 star for the service. Disaster

----

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

The staff was very courteous and smiling and the hotel has the best Goan restaurant with some lip smacking food and it is centrally placed and easy to travel.

• Deluxe Room

I personally didn't like, I just check in and checkout , it was worst experience with them,I didn't like anything , staff, room cleaning, room size, hope it was last stay with them.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

There was no sleepers to use around the room,the free water and coffee was just a joke,the housekeeping didn't bother to come and collect the dirty dishes even after I made a call to them,the windows were mulfunctioning,the room was small and unnecessary extra furniture made it more congested.the checking out took so much of my time.

The bed was comfortable,at the reception the ladies were more welcoming than the men,the food was good but expensive unnecessarily.the valet guys were very nice and efficient.

• Deluxe Room

This "hotel" would barely cover 1 star category. I have no idea how much they've paid/bribed to get that category but definitely not a 4 star hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone for business or leisure. Perhaps the good rating was provided by "fake" guests or this level is really good for the Indians (all of the guests were Indians).

I cannot think of anything that I would say it was right or even closer to the 4 star rated category. As a good point, the reception service was good and professional (to some extend).

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

they charged extra by the name of taxes it was clearly shown on booking website that the total fair for the room is 270 D but the charged 340 and another 60 for the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Services - specially with house keeping. I believe hotel has very less staff and you have to wait for long long time plus make regular reminder calls for any need related to house keeping

room comfort and location

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Rude staff, Extremely loud music till 3 a.m , dirty rooms with patches, dirty bedsheets, dirty bathroom , cold food. Horrible customer service. I dont understand how its rated as 4stars.

Nothing at all.

• Deluxe Room

Service was good.. especially the front reservation desk staff so friendly & all are helpful Special thanks to ms.Rekha so helpful. . Definitely will recommend for stay ..

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Price is a bit expensive. Noise from inconsiderate people walking in the corridors every now and then. Although I turned the AC off the room stayed pretty cold for 2 days. I don't know where this cold was coming from but it was cold.

The hotel style takes you back to previous Italian and European ages. It is a classic hotel. Everything was great. Staff, valet parking, water hose in bathroom (Arab style) Thank you very much.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

There was no hospitality at all. As reception the receptionist was not even speaking in a proper way. It seems that we were not in a hotel to a local apartment even worst than that. The room shown in the pics was different. The bed provided in the room was too small for two persons. Overall the experience was very bad in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

My room was changed three times. the first it was changed, because it was not a non-smoking one although I had requested for. And the the two more times it was changed because the air-conditioning was not working. Not a comfortable sleep, as the loud music of disco could be heard till three o'clock in the morning. I was not alone in my room as cockroaches were visiting me too.

Th staff and the location

• Deluxe Room

I actually booked for a deluxe with a queen bed but it was not upto the expectations as seen on pictures. It was not a queen size bed, it was two single beds joined together which was totally unacceptable. Then I was offered what a standard room with a double bed. Since I paid online it was non refundable and being New Year's Eve I had to take it as I did not have an option.

I like that the staff was trying to get us a comfortable room. They are friendly to an extent but sometimes not.

• Deluxe Room

The worst hotel i have booked ever Not clean at all, the team uncooperative also I have changed the room 3 times because of the bad smell and how much was dirty

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Executive Room

The building is old and has a lot of mold in all the rooms. The dance bar on the top floor plays blaring music till 3 am everyday. The thumping from the beats can be heard all the way till second floot. The dance bar- Chandani- is outsourced. Do not go there the staff and management is greedy and rude. I will not stay there.

Front desk staff is friendly. Housekeeping staff is good too. The location is great.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Very Old Hotel & everything in the room needs repair. A/C is not working properly at most of the rooms. Disco at the top roof is making a lot of noise, not recommended to stay the 4th floor.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

This is my second time stay in this hotel. Last time and this time also i was leaving they said we used minibar but never used but no charge. Plz check minibar when check in. 4th floor room too much sound till 4 am.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Nothing special to mention

I requested for a early check in around 11 am and they provided the same with pleasure. Will try to arrange for all corporate stay at Ascot in the future if we get a good rate.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Deluxe Suite

Wash basin tap leakage, cleaning of room was average, after ordering food no-one comes to clean up room, we have to keep out empty dishes outside the room by ouerself, while booking from booking.com amount was fixed for e.g. Rs.80000 on arrival they charged me as per what booking.com daily rates I have paid Rs. 110000 30000 more for which I had a deal. Very sad and unhappy with the hotel policy.

Location of the property, Ambiance, Nice, Hospitality, All staff good.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

The settings of the hotel,

The site was showing that pool is in the hotel but it not, Iris pop was mentioned on the site but it has been closed since one year age

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Overall ok.

Reception was very helpful. So we're the bell boys. We reached from airport around 3am but we're courteous and accommodated earliest possibility. As the hotel is adjacent to another hotel Royal Ascot that belonged to the same Group, the combined facilities were available to residents of A Scot hotel which was an added advantage. Most importantly the reception restored my Wallet (which I had forgotten in the Lobby) that contained my Passport, Credit cards & money by following me thru camera footage to the swimming pool area. The speed of restoring to me in about 15 minutes was amazing. Thank you reception !!!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

They gave me good room with view and all the stuff are avilble like cofee.tea.so forth Anternet acces is good And i thank all the staff for generosity and taking care for costomer so i am v. Happy and iwill come back again

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Staff was not cooperative, no help on lifting luggage, rude faces ....have to wait 2pm to get into room even having GENIUS membership, charged extra for lost key, normally 4 star hotels do not charge this ... Water in bathroom was very hot even while no heater was running, so they better have to look all before giving rooms to guest

the location only and the Japanese restaurant, jointly Royal Ascot hotel has facility of Gym.... for Ascot guess

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

I booked my on room on 12th Oct, when i reach the hotel they say they have no booking in the system. How come ??? They gave me 2 bed joined & called 1 bed !!! Really ? I want all my money back

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

- Not Clean. - Not all Staff are good. - Small Room. - Noisy. - Requested baby cot bed in the special request but when I arrived they didn't provide even after asking for it on reception.

Access to Royal ASCOT Pool.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

It was pathetic place and room, staff was not understanding. No courteous behavior and room was too small then it was anticipated. They start pushing for checkout so early as if I am some kind of fraud who will not leave the property.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Suite

The bath room where the water never goes to drain area, maintenance team should check to avoid bath room flooding.

I like the bed with extra comforter and I love it.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

The valet service was late due to the parking being at the back of the hotel and have to wait for the car to come for about 15 min

Location was perfect new to all necessary places

• Deluxe Room

One last thing I would like to add I forget to include in my feed back which was the room has no bottle opener hardware and when I ordered beer the bring the bottles with out leaving the opener and had to ask for spoon to use as opener and that led to spil beer on my laptop and damage the keyboard and that led to break the hard drive c:\ and crash my windows system, all data were lost and repair so far 400 aed and probably another 600 aed for data recovery!

• Deluxe Room

The first room smells routin and asked to change to second, second room same! Then tried third room was not bad, hotel old doesn't deserve to be ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Supposed to be only ⭐️⭐️ Elevator too small and so old, bed sheet has little hole and it is worn out, small old TV and the picture was not good because of bad signal, internet was very slow, no iron and iron table.

They have NOT asked for marriage contract or same nationality couple as so many other ridiculous hotels, and the room price I got from booking.com was good.

• Deluxe Room

Cleanliness (hair in the bed sheets, yellow bathtub stains); smell of cigarettes in the room; dark room; the staff was polite but slow (long check in and check out) and unreliable (asked about a city map they said they will send it to the room which never happened);

Good wifi; not expensive (on the other hand there were additional charges that made the price 25% bigger than the initial one); late check in;

• Deluxe Room

Smells like cigarette when u entered. Maybe because of the bars inside, but u have to do something on this. Its my first impression to the place.

I enjoyed the pool, Relaxing.. Staffs are friendly, especially receptionists..

• Deluxe Room

Elevator smell was so bad that I used to hold my breath when i enter it. Blankets should be better quality for a 4 star hotel. Too much time in check in and at the end they gave us a wrong room with twin beds. They upgraded us then to another room which was relatively better.

Parking was spacious as well as the room. Bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

I called front desk at night, and informed the lady receptionist, somebody is knocking our door past 2 am, she answered in sarcastic way. Then i told her to send someone is 2nd floor and check it, or any camera is there kindly check. After that she did not even bother to call us back for feedback... as a hotelier its a serious matter , and serious action will be taken as well.... but the person did not care enough to do it.

Location is near to my home...

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

the night girls standing out of the hotel at the street.

organized - nice - clean - location - quite - fast check-in - fast check-out- good internet speed - parking service is amazing - basically the best choice ever the provided services worth more money