Reviews of Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi 5 stars

10th Street, Al Zahiya Area 45200 , Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#40 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

Based on 1961 hotel reviews

• Classic King Room

I was staying at 19 th floor . Coukd not sleepfirst night because of noises from neighbouring rooms . Food in 18 th floor was ok not super for rotana club .

Hospitality of team

• Classic King Room

Hotel is a little dated, we had a couple of issues with the room which they promptly fixed. Major road works going on in front of the hotel currently. Was bitten many times around the ankles around the pool. No pork served at breakfast but available in other outlets in the same complex.

The hotels is in a great location, pleasant & competent staff, excellent food and drink options. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Classic Suite - Tower Wing

The pool was too far but then it's not something that you would really constantly ramble about and make a big deal with.

I love the room, the bed, the ambience, the bathroom... everything in it seems so serene and elegant. Plus all the staff were friendly and super accommodating. Not a single sign of rudeness and they would really make u feel at ease and comfortable. The food

• Classic King Room

I could not think of any.

Beach Rotana is the friendliest Hotel we've ever been to. The pool was very nice with a lot of palm trees to provide shade while lounging. The breakfast buffet is so grand with a lot of options to choose from. The beach is so clean with lifeguards every 2 meters. They also have a play area for the kids. Housekeeping staff goes around and asks if you want your room cleaned 2x in a day which is awesome if you are a neat freak. Abu Dhabi Mall has a connecting access to fulfill your shopping needs.

• Classic King Room

All staff were all nice,from reception up to the resort they will accommodate you very well. The buffet breakfast was so great, many choices to choose from. And the pool and the beach was really really nice. Definitely will go back there

• Classic Club Suite

I didn’t like that the WiFi cuts out all the time, so every time you pick up your phone, you have to log in again! I also didn’t like that the times for cocktaill hour in the club lounge have been changed from 6pm to 8pm!!! I really preferred it from 7pm to 10 pm

Well, where do I start!! I liked the suite, with the very comfortable bed!! Breakfast is lovely, with a big variety at buffet. The pool is very nice, but can be noisy with children when busy! That’s why we prefer it at the lnice and quiet beach area! Staff are all very friendly and helpful. Really liked the club lounge and the wonderful restaurants, especially Brauhaus and the Indian Restaurant.

• Classic King Room

there is no rinser in the bathroom

Everything about this hotel I really like so much specially the classical atmosphere at night and playing piano with most beautiful classic musics , I loved the sitting area at the lobby, in addition I loved the swimming pool as well , nice view, good breakfast and service

Beach not nice and they said pool open till up to 10pm however kids not allowed after 7pm so we had waste time to discuss how can we go for pool without our kids to play but they didn’t accept so it was not good time

Very clean and comfortable with nice pool

• Classic Suite - Tower Wing

The room's curtains (room 913) didnt close properly at the edges, thus making it impossible to have a dark room after 5am. Very displeased about that.

Italian restaurant Prego's was excellent

• Classic Twin Room

1.The staff have problem providing towels on beach! they gave me towels while im going to sauna and when i requested for towels on beach, first time i was ignored , second time i was told i should go n sign to get towels, however i did that before but used them on Sauna! 2.there were no towels on sauna, if you already used yours on beach - forget it ! 3. the pool wasn't very clean

The Steam n Sauna n the beach were really beautiful!

• Classic King Room

The rooms were compact size..it was nowhere close to the one depicted online while making the bookings

Fantastic Location..Breakfast Buffet was yummilicious 😊

• Classic King Room

The window shade is not ok the sun still going to the room in morning and I couldn’t sleep well When I was going to check out I forgot something in my room and the card is not working so I call them by telephone near the left to send someone to help but the said go to the lobby that absolutely not professional and I will not stay there again because this behavior

Good location and good bed

• Classic King Room

It was my birthday celebration. I was delighted to see a birthday cake in my room upon check in. Overall, the stay was good. Just had an issue with the room key but later solved. I love the comfy bed.

• Premium King Room

Found the 'beachfront' aspect odd - was more a canal. Breakfast - utter chaos. Long queue to even get a table, was given a table only for another waiter to sit another family there, had to ask for plates to be cleared, had to ask for new cutlery, had to ask for a drink as the dispensers were empty (at 10am, when the breakfast finished at 11). Staff were also generally rude. Emailed me twice to check in online, but the ICT from their side wasn't working - I emailed to tell them but had no response. Receptionist at check-out asked if we wanted late check out (2pm). We said yes, only to be called at 11am on the day of check-out asking why hadn't we checked out yet. There seems to be a massive lack of communication in the hotel. Would not consider it a 5* hotel when compared to others we've stayed at in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (Rosewood, Etihad Towers, Yas Viceroy, Royal Meridien, Taj, Sofitel, Anantara...).

Very comfortable bed. Really good gym facilities.

• Classic Twin Room

nothing in particular, I just think it was still overpriced given it was Ramadan

I liked the large room, the beautiful bathroom and the comfy beds. The breakfast buffet was very good also

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

The TV was a little bit backdated✌🏻 But no issues since we spend most of our stay on the pool area and balcony to enjoy the view

The room upgrade to tower wing was very nice, we had the balcony with a beautiful view😉 Breakfast buffet was really worth it! Happy tummies😊 Staffs were really accommodating and smiling!

• Classic Twin Room

The pokey room with a half balcony and the worst view I’ve ever had in a hotel. Room 308. Dark and depressing to say the least

Good facilities, restaurants etc

• Classic King Room

Shahrayar was the check in employee who met us at the desk. Very nice and very good service. He even gave us a complimentery service which we did not expect. The facilities were perfect especially the pool and how the gave refreshment towels because of the heat. Absolutely wonderful service.

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

I have stayed at the Rotana multiple times, it is a fantastic place to lay one's hat. The food is extremely good with the hotel being only a stone's throw away from so truly excellent night spots. Highly recommended, so much so in fact, I am returning again in less than a month!

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

Bathroom had no walk in shower (step into bath)

This was our second visit to Beach Rotana, during the fist stay we had a premium room in the Tower, the room was excellent. This time we stayed in the beach wing, the room was large and fairly clean but the bathroom facilities were substantially poorer than before.

• Classic King Room

Would have liked to have the option of pork bacon and sausages for Breakfast, pork is available in the restaurants in the hotel but not breakfast. Would have liked bananas to be available.

Comfortable beds, great location, tentative staff

• Classic King Room

small rooms , phone in the room was not working, small TV - didn't feel like even 2 star hotel room. got transferred to new room which was the same. Bad experience.

• Classic King Room

The staff was extremes friendly and thoughtfull! especially Charles made our Stay in the rotana beach Awesome! Room perfectly cleaned, 2 Services per Day ( cleaning, minibar etc.) Gym was Great top and the beach played cool modern Music. In the evening relaxing chillout area on the Terrace. All in all ist was Perfect.

• Classic King Room

My credit card was wrongly charged for the room. It took a while to be adjusted.

The outside lounge is very beautiful and relaxing. Loved the food and wine. Loved the direct access to shopping Center.

• Classic Twin Room

room is very small , not cheerful , small Tv very basic , old furniture, the pool was very dirty like they never clean the water , not recomended

beach was nice

Don't like the pillows - too soft lol The restaurants are over priced, regardless of the setting or food quality The cost of alcohol is a serious negative for socializing in UAE whether its at a restaurant or in the bar - it forces tourists to purchase duty free at airport and drink in your room

Staff are always friendly and helpful - would always make me return

• Classic King Room

Business Center personnel, Anna , was excellent along with Millicent from front office, However always a v serious concern is their IT dimension on any BC computers where multiple older Confidential docs from other guests were still on their computers! One reason I hate using any Hotel BC and try not to unless critical to do.

Liked the location and the choice of restaurants. Some of the staff were excellent. Asked several times to meet the Gen Mgr,, which I often do when planning to be there often, but he was too busy. Front desk mgr is hardly the same as nice as she was. Check in person was not top drawer and almost rude. Had dreadful rooms for both team members and myself. But at least on same floor for team. I had prepaid for an upgrade res, but that never was applied at check in. Only there for 4 nights, then on to AD. I often stayed at this hotel some years ago and it seemed more responsive than on this visit. Just for fun - it adjoins Abu Dhabi Mall, which is v helpful if you need to get anything useful quickly.

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

The rooms were old and noisy and construction woke us up at 6 am. In addition, my 8 year old daughter almost got burnt by the hot water as the cold and hot water was not regulated and it kept changing on its own. We found chocolate stains all over the walls and drapes and the carpet stank of of it.

The staff, facilities and amenities were fantastic.

• Classic King Room

It’s impossible to balance the water temperature at the room shower. pool bar music is an AUX cable connected to a mobile which was not working properly. We literally begged to have some nuts at the bar. Construction work all around the hotel

• Classic Twin Room

The Poor service from the reception as they made us wait for one hour because rooms were not ready despite me clearly sending message that I have two small kids coming after travel and want a smooth check in. Valet parking made accident to my car. Rooms were dusty and not mopped under the bed. Kids had trouble breathing Come On this is a 5 star Hotel right?? The restaurant manager at the sheesha restaurant down outside near pool was stupid enough to tell me that there is no seat available even though I could see just one customer on each table and when told he responds by saying that would u like if someone sat opposite you?? Wat the hell! Yes! If he pays he has the right

Breakfast was good. Pool was good. Rooms were stuffy and dusty. Not mopped under bed. The restaurant manager down in the shisha shop was rude enough to send of a customer stating that there is no space and it was obvious There was space There.

• Classic King Room

It was construction near the hotel we had to wake up 6 AM morning. We found a cockroach in the room. Hotel changed both of the rooms for us.

Frindly Staff , very nice resturant specially breackfast was very good. The staff next to the swiming pool were always available and helpful.

• Classic King Room

nothing in particular in the hotel. Sadly, at this time, they do Road Work on the 2 Main street but it is only if you want to have a walk on the evening (during the day, just too warm). So to get the taxi is a bit complicated at this time only. Should be finish in few months.

Breakfast offer cover all taste, from cheese, to Detox Smothies ! Pool Bar and Restaurant offer you the service to stay over all day, Staff is friendly and not pushing you to consume. Pool rescue gard are present, so all kids are safe. Clean, enough chairs and Bed. All restaurant, we try 6 of them, are really good. Staff speak english and some others european languages.

The level of the hotel has decreased-unfortunately. It is still a fine hotel, but not as good as it used to be. The biggest disappointment was to realize that hotel has replaced the old staff with the new staff. This new staff was not particularly friendly ;( Of course there were few exceptions. Also the level of English has decreased significantly among the new staff.

• Classic King Room

The way to the hotel was under constructions so there was a difficulty to reach there, but it's not a complaint because it wasn't their falt. If the bathrooms were equipped with a seat washing hose then it would be perfect.

Fast check in, welcoming reception, we was served by a shami employee 'apologise to forget his name' who was very generous, smiley and wise, in checking out he was the same gentleman who served us, there was a missing alcoholics from our fridge, I told him we aren't drink even, and he solved that issue with in no time, I had to specify him coz. He was really helping. The hotel is a kind of a classy, roomy,multi facility place connected to a mall through a passage, which made it easy to get into there. The first impressive thing is the good smell every where. Everyone there is smiling and helpfull. My room was a superior king size bed so I ecpected to be not too much roomy, but it was big enough to keep us comfortable. The bed was very comfortable tempted you to sleep long while you have curious to check out the rest of facility, and simply every thing you need is there in the room, the only missed thing is the bathroom wasing hose. The views were stunning, the pool was warmed, and the health and leisure clubs were complete. The breakfast was enriched and enough to meet your needs. If you look for a romantic worm evening, there is a free classy music hours in the lobby, to relax , react and drink a nice drink or delicious coffee, the sound of the violin stuck in my mind till now. To enjoy the hotel you have to spend more than one day. Great care parking service.

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

The classic ‘suite’ was really just a larger room. Cot that was requested not ready on arrival. Little hotel info to be found in the room leaving us a bit in the dark about how to access services and facilities. Most staff excellent but disappointed with service at the pool bar.

Breakfast was great. Room was clean and comfortable. All the restaurants were very good but also very pricey. Pool and beach area was immaculate and clean. The location of the hotel is ideal for seeing the city while enjoying some relaxation time.

• Classic Club Suite

Nothing to note

Stylish, friendly/professional staff throughout the hotel. Very relaxing ambiance, just a shame the views have altered so much in the last 10 years with the development of Abu Dhabi, but still a very pleasant outlook to the sea area, and would never stop us returning..we will 😎

• Classic Twin Room

Old hotel. Also, slow service especially at the reception while check in. The staff at the pool bar was difficult to understand due to their strong Indian accent.

Large pool and private beach, good breakfast and very convenient location. the hotel connected to the mall

• Premium King Room

Breakfast and evening snacks on the 18th floor are great. It is very beneficial to use the club member's offer (snacks, drinks included). Great beach and seating area. Everyone has enough space to sunbathe. Good price and quality relation.

• Classic Twin Room

Room location Basin taps water pressure Room service AC temperature control failure that was attended to and fixed after my second call

Good breakfast

• Classic King Room

Standard room is very small and so I paid extra for upgrade; way too expensive for Abu Dhabi and quality. Tv volume was so low you can’t hear anything. Always waiting in line for checkin and checkout, no business center I wanted to scan something they said not one scanner in whole hotel was working. The room was terrible even water was barely warm.

Pool and beach were nice, room was clean,

• Premium King Room

Too many missing stuff compared to other rotana hotels n other Emirates hotels, no phone dock / sound system, no espresso coffee maker, no smart TV, no indirect or smart lighting, bare in mind that I had a premium suite moreover I wasn't allowed to access club Rotana despite having a premium suite...

Beach n location

The only area to improve is the morning breakfast bufett restaurant. Food and beverage excellent but waiters service needs training,very slow, no guest attention,no organisational skills

The overall service was great. Particularly the frontdesk and concierge service was extremely helpful and very professional. The hotel has a very good outgoing central location for all kinds of activities.

The bed is not the most comfortable bed I’ve slept in.

The atmosphere at the hotel is very nice. Lots of good restaurants in the hotel and also connected to Abu Dhabi mall. With great pool. ( not heated).

• Classic King Room

I have the following concerns on the staff: 1. Resturant reservation desck, i reserved a dinner at Banihana but the nearst opportunity was at 10:00 pm on 14 Feb but i received an sms saying that my reservation is at 6 pm and i was happy about It then i checked with the reservation desck and he told me different story then i received another message with same time - 6:00 pm when i already cancled my plans of valentine dinner then i went to the resturant itself to verfy why this happened and they were very rude and told me that i have 5 minutes if i want to come or i will not be able to enter (sarcastic as i already changed my plan and they treating me as i did a mistake!) 2. I didn’t like the way they monitor the beach access as i have been questioed if i am staying at the hotel! 3. On checkout day i came a bit late to breakfast and 15 minutes left, i wasn’t treated well, they ignored my requests of cofee and preparing the table.. this was owfull!! Those experiances really makes me thing twice before i decide to visit the hotel again

Location, services, view

• Classic Twin Room

A pot of coffee on our breakfast table would have been nice, rather than having to wait for refill from staff.

Breakfasts were amazing, best we have ever had. Other food and drink not included in the price were extremely expensive. Alcohol price meant a tea total stay for us, which was good for our health!

• Classic King Room

Room and the food are a bit pricey( compared to other hotel that I have been to). The room is a bit far from the good view and at the same time when we're coming out from the room, i didn't noticed any relaxing environment that can catch my attention at least. Also, in our room they did not provide personal hygiene kit like toothbrush and toothpaste. There were two guests and they had only provided one bathrobe and one pair of slipper. The route going to the hotel is a mess because of the ongoing road construction.

The location, beach, pool, jacuzzi and sauna. The variety of food for breakfast are excellent. the staff are friendly, nice and warm. Thanks to Ms. Michelle ( Filipino staff with short hair), she's very accommodating. It's amazing to see a relaxing area in the middle of a busy city.

• Premium King Room

The breakfast buffet could've had more Arabic choices, and it was way too crowded to the point that they had me sit on a table that was already assigned to someone else. Also, parking is very confusing, especially with all the construction going on around the hotel.

The service and how clean the rooms were.

• Club Rotana King Room

Not the property exactly but the roads in the area around the hotel are undergoing some changes/constructions, so not very easy drive in and out of the hotel.. Only temporary I guess.

Next to the biggest mall in town

• Classic King Room

Some roadworks in this area of the city - it takes from the hotel entrance

I thought the staff were excellent - really friendly across all functions I loved the buffet breakfast - excellent choice and quality

• Classic King Room

having requested (and given) a later check-out (at 2.00), it would have been good if staff had remembered it, instead of calling us to check out at 1.00

Nice location and very good facilities.

• Classic Twin Room

Unfortunately, this hotel is not as good as it used to be. First of all, the hotel's food was not as good as we expected. We ordered the fish and chips to the room and it was so bad. Second of all, the guest service was very poor and slow. For instance, every time we called and asked for something, it took ages to reach our room. Finally, the cleanness of the room was poor as well. It was not cleaned properly.

The location of the hotel is great.

• Classic King Room

The staff was very friendly, but maybe they just joined as most of them couldn't give clear answers to questions. They seemed uncertain. Not a big problem, it was just obvious. The waiting time for the food to arrive in the chill out area was always very long. At least half an hour sometimes up to an hour. A bit too long.

Lovely interior and great restaurants and bars to chill and relax.

• Classic King Room

Staff was the best! Thank you Jasmine! All was absolutely amazing only could wish dinner in offer like breakfast when I am booking a property. This was only minus. Next time in Abu Dhabi will return here.

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

1- location wasn’t as expected to be as what been showing in photos 2- room been booked was not as expected which made me upgrade to other one . 3- too expensive comparing to the location and service 4- hard time you gonna face with parking and reached to hotel b cause of infrastructure that front of hotel so you need to park in Mall parking As overall don’t wast time and money to stay in Abudhabi only enjoy your time and back to Dubai in same day

The room been comfortable and clean

• Classic Twin Room

I had my prenuptial photos taken there, we thought we are allowed to take photos without any hesitations by asking the personnel there before our booking date, but upon starting we had to take some time for security issues. But its fine, hopefully they would ask and know more about what we would be doing there and do something about it before starting our stay and purpose.

Water sports was amazing! Gym and the infinity pool was superb! The staff was so hospitable and very kind.

I liked everything... Nothing was bad

The hotel had amazing views, and thanks to the 20th floor we got, the awesome in room dining was enjoyed with a great view from the balcony.

• Classic King Room

Basically staff and services are good. We have problem with the breakfast. They not well organized and it is feeling 3 star breakfast. You may improve your breakfast well and we will come soon.

The rooms walls are not sound proof so actually you can hear everything happening in the coridor os the rooms next to your’s.

The hotel breackfast is very good and also the beach and pool

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

2 front office receptionist guys who really not helped, even when I asked for few amenities, which made me upset and I changed booking to other hotel

I like pool

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

I was disappointed with the location of our room and complained. The staff proceeded to run circles around my husband and I and upgraded us free of charge to their new wing of the hotel. The room was outstanding. beyond any expectation met and a dream room to say the least. All the staff were friendly and when I got ill the manager sent me a card and wished me well. It was incredible all round.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Classic Suite - Beach Wing

no hot water, making up the room was really really below what expected from a motel let a lone 5star one, the response for both addressed issues was poor

location, restaurants.

• Classic Twin Room

Not a single USB plug point for charging smartphones. I expect modern hotels to have 3-5 in each room. Also, no iron in the room. That may be a regional issue. Also, no rewards/points program (and not part of any intl program as far as I can tell).

The staff and the breakfast were the highlights.

Could not find anything to dislike in 2 days

Location, view from room, infrastructure . A perfect place for a family vacation where one can enjoy stay at hotel.

• Classic King Room

There isn't actually a beach- rather a river behind the hotel with some sand. The hotel upon check out took 5 payments from my account instead of 1 and have now left me in debt and with no money in my account. The amount was a significant amount and how the hotel staff have handled it is disgraceful. Their attitude alone would make me want to NEVER go back there again. So close to Christmas and it is a living nightmare going back and forward with the bank to recover the funds. Their Duty manager and front of house manager Trehan and Praveen have stopped responding to my emails. The customer service at this hotel makes it a 1* hotel if even!! This has put me off wanting to go away for overnight stays and happily handing over my card to the hotel! Would not recommend based on how I was treated and how the situation has been handled.

• Classic King Room

I have asked for a non smoking room. And when I upgraded the room I could smell smoke in the pillows. Couldn't sleep till 3 am and I had the CFA exam the next morning. Ruined it..

• Classic King Room

We booked a classic room, but the hotel was full so they gave us one suite instead, but it was little bit far than the main Hotel. And each time you want to go to the pool or restaurant, you have to call for transportation... Also the view of the suite is really bad :(

Services are wonderful and the open buffet is good...

• Classic King Room

Only think i didn't like was when i checked in the person who's name is Abbdulla at the front desk was not nice i asked for a non smoking room prior booking and to him, so when i got to the room with my wife and 1 year old child, it stank of smoke and alcohol as if i was in a pub !! I then went downstairs to speak with him to change the room and he was very unpleasant saying to me"ITS A NON SMOKING ROOM" the room he gave me was 1207 which i found out from another worker that it was smoking floor so i told the other worker to tell abdulla it is a smoking floor he then realised but didn't even say sorry to me which i was very upset

I like that we can get to places easily like restaurants pool area

• Classic Twin Room

Constructions around the hotel were very annoying. Hotel is quite old Pool is small and smelly Check in and out took a lot of time

Staff was friendly and helpful Room was very clean but old Breakfast was perfect

• Classic King Room

The beach side is small i wish there was more sand area, the tiles around the pool are slippery , this time the room we stayed in was not as clean as always, the bathrooms had a smell and the carpet had some stains, the mini bar was dirty with so much dust but they came immediately and changed, the Asst director called us personally to apologize and sent us a note with fruits and sweets to our room. I love their CS. Oh please place more tissues in the rooms lol

It is our favorite hotel in Abu Dhabi, we booked 2 nights initially in Fairmont Fujairah we were disapointed so we canceled one night there and drove 3 hours to get to beach rotana We love it from customer service at the reception desk all the way to the pool, we also enjoy that the hotel is attached to the Abu Dhabi mall so it aas easy to go get food and do some shopping

• Classic King Room

This facility has no business center, but was told I can use club level lounge for urgent matters. I reserved two rooms, one was not available due to overbooking. Staff was diligent enough to secure a room in other Rotana.

breakfast buffet was very comprehensive

• Club Rotana King Room

Nothing major.

The hotel is old but still maintain in a good shape. I was upgraded and that was a nice surprise, the suite was excellent. Location great.

• Classic King Room

Note: the hotel is divided in tow towers: old & new!!! My room was in the old hotel side and next to external buildings constructions. i was in business trip and I couldn't sleep. Although I asked to relocate my room but hotel said it is impossible! hotel was full. They should mention this in the hotel website so customers can be aware! Always hard to have room in the new part of the hotel! try it... I believe it has to do something with people making reservation via booking or direct. Also the room rate!

• Classic King Room

Service was so slow, lack of beach beds. Food very expensive if you haven’t booked all inclusive

The breakfast was great! The beach bar staff were nice and friendly

• Classic King Room

SOOOO Expensive if you are not all inclusive. Breakfast buffet- very pleasant, but more than 30 pounds. FINZ was a wonderful meal, but more than 200 pounds.

the choice of restaurants was great, and the beach/ pool area was well catered, large and spacious. The hotel is attached to the Mall of Abu Dhabi which is great, open 10- 10 pm. You could get all sorts of food, and shops in a good medium/ large mall.

• Deluxe Suite

The hotel was fully booked and we were not able to get into our room ahead of time...

The entire venue is superb .....one of the best in Abu Dhabi - beach, pool, restaurants, and fitness facility

Browse Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi traveller photo gallery