Reviews of Sharjah Carlton Hotel 4 stars

Al Khan, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

#35 of 71 hotels in Sharjah

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

The cleanness. My brothers found cockroaches in the toilet and I found a spider/big bug in the side of the bed sheet in my room. The bath tub is old and scratched. The bathroom needs renovation. The opening time of the beach and the pool are not appropriate for summer weather as they open at 7 am when the sun starts getting hot already.

The location in Sharjah and opposite the sea. The housekeeping staff are friendly.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

My family and I frequently stay at the Carlton and had always had great customer service upon arrival and check out. On arrival, we were greeted pleasantly and quickly. However, upon checkout the lady at reception was very unfriendly. She did not greet us, she did not smile, she didn’t even look at us. The lobby was not busy and there was only one other guest checking out. My family and I felt uncomfortable because she seemed annoyed that she had to check us out. Everyone has a bad day but the bad attitude should be left at home.

Great location and clean rooms. Nice pool.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

What a dump!!! This trip was a birthday gift for my mom - she went to this property for years and really enjoyed the location of this property and amenities it used to offer. This time everything was just horrible - mice in the room, worn out linens, atrocious food and spa facilities were simply eliminated. During the visit there was a oil spill in the sea and hotel did not even bother warning the hotel guests about ht e hazard. DO NOT GO THERE - waste of your money and spoiled vacation experience!!!

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

The room smells paint and we are just near the generator so quite noisy.

I like the people at the front desk, they were polite end respectful. They let feel so at home!

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

This is no way a 4 start hotel, over priced. Food quality is really poor, internet connection drove me crazy. Rooms are very old and so on

There is was nothing good about this hotel!

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

The view was Amazing! Check in was easy though i didn't expect it to be like that as i always check online reviews first before going to a place but it turns out everything is nice and the staffs are friendly. Excellent stay!

• Standard Room (Inside Main Building With City View)

The beds were separated not one king size bed as it was required and to fit 2 adults and 2 kids , but we could manage it.

Kids liked the swimming pool so much , especially that hotel provided us a room opposite the swimming pool .

• Executive Suite with Sea View (Inside Main Building)

Plumbing needs fixing. No water pressure. We had a deluxe corner room but only a tv in living room, not bedroom. The “gym” is pathetic! Few apparatus function properly.

Location, viewing sunset and relaxing atmosphere. Friendly staff.

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

check in staff were the worst staff I ever encounter in my 10 years in UAE, I had my kids with 3yr and 1.5 months, they do not have the heart to assist. and they were racist my God!

WE ONLY LIKE THE BEACH

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

This place could need a new refurbishment. Furniture and bathroom are looking tired.

Good location at the beach. Clean. Nice view from the balcony. Friendly staff. Free upgrade to better room.

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

From the moment we arrived no one greeted us. I had to park my own car. The room was more dilapidated than I was used to. The key was still a key.

The beach was beautiful.

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

- extra charge for internet - old slovenly rooms - no windows in the room - dirty mattresses on a baby bed - low cultural level of the majority of guests (not the fault of the hotel)

- the hotel is located on the first line - comfortable clean beach - friendly staff - low price - good location near the aquarium in a quiet area

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

1) The room was not ready when I arrived. 2) The staff is not professional. 3) What is included in the add like free internet is not true. 4) The quality is not 4**** as they claim.

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

the presence of hotel maintenance, including personal and near the room area; a generator running near the East wing of the hotel(chalets) results a noisy area in special in the night; many cats inside the inner garden and on the beach. I do not recommend the chalets rooms near the generator

beach, pool

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

The hotel chalets are old need to be renovated. The room service need to be improved The room tools (shampoo,shower gel ,....) need to be higher quality.

The beach attached to the hotel along with the pool.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

The bed was not comfortable. Very less play facilities. should add more gaming facilities. Rooms were not smelling good. Swimming pool was not perfectly clean.

The beach was good. Staff were friendly. Balcony view was relaxing.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

sands on tables and chairs....not clean I booked double bed, but they gave me twin bed, and then they fit them together, which was very uncomfortable. Old batheroom

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Ne ponravilos chto vse extra charge v otele. Vse chto ne sprosish vse extra charge. Net nichego v nomere. Zubnoi shetki net. Reservation was done by booking where was mention that including kids but they charge for extra bed. But reservation was including bed. And and staff inside hotel shops too much flirting with clients. That bad. U feel that booking clients are like staff don't like us They want direct clients treat more well

Mne ochen ponravilos chto komnata u playaja s vidom na more

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Everything .. extremely old and overly used furniture.. dirty,cloged bathrooms, we booked a sea view chalet then found our self in a basketball court view with a glims of the sea far away Power went off for about 3 hours then they started the generators only when the guests started to get angry on them Not recommended.. never again..

Absolutely nothing

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

No room service when you ask for it Rooms like this need cleaning more than once in a day cuz you going to the beach 🌊 most of the time . I requested once and they told me no we cant clean the bathroom

The beach view

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

The security outside was so annoying and he ruined our stay in the hotel. It was our first time with my family went out for bonding, and chose to booked in Carlton, but he ruined it all. Actually, we booked for 2 persons and in the reception, they are telling there is an additional payment per one person. So we added, and we clearly told them that we are expecting 1 visitor just to glimpse there because we are celebrating EID, but then instead of just allowing my brother to visit us in the room because it's EID, he forced him to just go and leave the room. And so, we don't have any choice but to let him go and leave. It is not good in our side, because we already checked in there before but they were allowing that time. I don't know why you had changed your management. Normally all hotels are allowed to accept visitors in the room, but your hotel is very different among all. Very weird! How can you enjoy? In fact, the room rate is very expensive. And also, nobody just informed us that the room is freshly painted, my auntie's skin was coated with paint! Anyways, it's already done. Again, for the security outside, we are very disappointed at you!

I am really thankful to Ms. Riza and the one Kabayan there who assist us, they are really nice.

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Insects in the bathroom and the room are too much , like ants or something. The rooms in the parking are not comfortable at all , they are literlaly boxes with no windows. the parking has no shades for cars , so in summer it's like an oven. no breakfast offered.

i booked the room with parking view and it was almost a box , no window and lot of insects. My wife talked to the reception and they gave us a room with sea view for free . Great Team. Very Nice beach. Internet is average. room service staff are great. lot of parking spaces. Very nice managment in hotel. the view of sea and pool from rooms are amazing.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

I was bitten my bed bugs throughout the night. The beach had lot of debris floating around in the water. The food menu nevertheless changes everything they serve is the same everytime.

Loved the location and beach

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Food, Restaurant, Food prices, only 1 room key, had to request a new wifi code each day, rooms were not cleaned well at times. No visitors were allowed to visit to your room!! Hotel is very dated....bit like a hotel from 80s or 90s.

Beach and pool

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Staff are so friendly, location facing the sea with a private beach, swimming pool and many playground facilities. Room is very clean. Reasonably priced Open buffet dinner with good food selections.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Room Cleanliness & washroom water feed very weak !!

Somehow the beach is good, Room sea view was good (Trees in the middle make the view not clear)

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

The room is not clean and especially the floor was oily.The welcoming was very bad and treatment unacceptable at all.The procedures of beach was very tough especially the towel issue.I will never ever go there again and dont recommend anybody to go there its really very bad experience.Staff was very tough really,its the first time been treated like this.

Nothing good,I dont recommend anybody to go there,its really very bad experiance.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

I suggest to give more information and promos on the beach activities so that the guest will be fully aware about it. 😊

I love the place. It's a complete package for a group getaway. You have the enough size of the pool plus the beautiful beach. You also have the volleyball, basketball, tennis and table tennis court where your group can enjoy as per their preference. I can recommend for a group and family gatherings.

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

One of the staff at the pool were rude. They seemed a little not trained. Asking a guest because of his colour whether he booked a room in the facility or not. Likewise another one telling me to remove my swim vest yet it's a proper swim wear

Check in was trouble free and even the Receptionist gave us an upgrade to the sea view room with balcony . So amazing

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Rooms are horrable, bathrooms dirty, my "non smoking" room smelt like ashtray. Beach towels are old and not very clean (they not even bother to fold them). Swimming pool is not kids safe and "userfriendly". Hotel needs major renovation.

Beach was the only good thing about this hotel. Staff is friendly and helpfull most of the times.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

washrooms were very old like 1990`s,very poor washrooms, i think through booking.com prices are little cheaper thatswhy hotel is providing lower category rooms.

beach was awesome,swimming pool is good,nice loaction

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Babies in pool didn't wear diapers- yuck! Drains in bathroom flooded it completely. No sunbeds / towels/ umbrellas before 12.30 due to other hotels using the pool. Beach was covered in litter - yuck!

Location of beach

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Everything Reception staff were rude Rooms need updating they look like there from the 1970's bathroom suite was so old that it was impossible to clean Sewage smell near the pool We didn't even say we checked out the same day we checked in

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Internet should be updated each 3 days (take coupon in reception), last day there was no napkins in the room and they didn't put toilet paper.

Beach is nice, parking is free

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

The bed i was expecting was not meet, they offered to join the two twin beds, its really hard to sleep together wge. The bes is seperating.

Everything is great except my reservation of queen bed was not meet.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

stuff are not professional and they are rude. they are busy, short of manpower as u can feel it. internet not free. no value for money.

location is nice

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Everything was good.

Beach access and swimming pool was just 50 steps away from my room. Shuttle service was another bonus. Very helpful staff - Special thanks to Joy (Raju) the Nightshift Manager and his team.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

This hotel claims to be 4 star, it does not have amenities of 4 star hotel. I have traveled world over and I know standards of 4 star hotel. I checked out one day early, and was still charged for day I had not stayed. Nowhere in the world hotels do that. When I booked, I gave you credit card number of my daughter for assurance, and you abused the credit card facility by cashing on credit card, which was not supposed to be so. I was to pay you cash when checking out. Airport drop off and pick up is at rate of aed 90 each way. I could get a full taxi at the rate of aed 45. I will not either recommend or use your hotel ever again

Nothing in particular.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

-room smelt of chlorine all the time -chalet was tiny, a studio room actually -kept our IDs hostage instead of taking a scan -not really a 4 stars hotel, more like 3 stars

+comfy bed +good location

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

The room is toooooo small and I booked king size bed the gave two single They said chalet then when I paid then I saw it it is room very small and old look like 1990

Nothings

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

You must appreciate the hotel is fairly far from Sharjah and further away from Dubai city, so you have to expect a lot of shuttlebus or taxi transport time. There are not many other restaurants in the area. Be aware that this hotel, like many others, does not serve alcohol - but they have some lovely freshly squeezed juice:-) One should not be alarmed that the majority of hotel guests are Russians, and all the guests we met were friendly and well mannered tourists - in no way living up to any stained reputation

If you love a good beach vacation at an affordable price, then this hotel is for you. Sure enough, the hotel of its prime, but in spite of it, the rooms and restaurant is clean and tidy and the staff are serviceminded. We had a really good bed and bathroom. The hotel's beach is lovely and has plenty of sun loungers and shady parasols (at least when we visited the hotel in December). The restaurant serves a reasonable buffet, one you probably do not want to eat in bundle several days. We can recommend to enjoy a light lunch at the poolside bar. We recommend that you select a chatellet near the beach, even if it costs a little more. When renting a cheaper room to the street side you´ll definitely experience some street noise. But then again, if you spend your time at the beach or sightseeing in the city, you will properly cope, if you are at a budget.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Toiletries are not sufficient and appropriat. Entertainment is not good in the room e.g TV channels, radio. Swimming pool should have cover to protect people who are swimming under hot sun rays. Parking should have cover.

staff is cooperative.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The indian guy receptionist in the resort is rude. We are a family of 6 and i took 3 towels. When I came back to my room and I returned 1 towel. When i entered again i want to get 1 towel and he was so rude telling me not allowed anymore to get any towel. I wonder if he could do the same if i was not an Asian. I just hold myself not to make a scene as my day is soo good to be ruin by him. Need to be guided well in customer service he shouldn't be in the reception.

The receptionist guy is very helpful and accommodating. ☺

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

i cant Imagine myself in 4 star hotel and i have got electric shock many time from bathroom light switch, what if that was a kid????? thats aside of dirty bathroom. and please dont ask me why i didn't complain when i was there because simply i will tell you i haven't went there to spend my time and fighting and complaining. i regret my booking there.

i like the pool and the beach

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

When we went to pool for swimming there was no towel avaliable and we were told to wait 20-25 minutes for that, please improve services. Secondly we were not aware of the services are available in hotel, we came to know about gym and massage when we were checking out from hotel. Please provide guide book in room

The staff and location only

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Standard Room (Inside Main Building With City View)

Great swimming pool area for adults and kids pool on the side with cover. Beach right behind the pool area so was very easy to walk to. Beautiful view from our balcony.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

I didn't like that I requested for a king size bed and what I found only single beds. as I booked a room with the sea view with a king size bed . but I found only single beds. they offer me another room but with no sea view with king size bed. but I preferred to stay in the same rooms what I got. other wise I could give a full mark for Carlton Sharjah. :)

Friendly staff and nice place to spend a week end .

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

The old type of the room key, bed cover was't comfortable and the building seems old one.

The swimming pool area and the clean beach. Good staff at the reception

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Need some renovations in the rooms looks old !

Nice location and amazing staff at the reception very helpful ... Food was good at the dinner swimming pool and beach was good also.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Excellent service and very helpful staff. Yes,staying for a short period, but we enjoyed our stay in 3 booked rooms. Special thanks to the front desk manager (Mr Raed) and the Restaurant Supervisor (Mr Saleh) for their tremendous service provided, making us so convenient.sure we'll book again soon shortly.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Food in diner restaurant no water no juice and not different meal.

I like the view and staff swimming pool one guy from morocco his very helping. Diner Waiter i request some thing and he do it.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Standard Room (Inside Main Building With City View)

The pool is not well controlled. people entering with clothes, slippers. others were having a drink!

Friendly reception staff. Value for money, its the most economic beach hotel in Sharjah

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Chalet with Sea View (Outside Main Building)

Please allow pets like cats. Beds are un comfortable

I would like to thank all the staff especially Ms. Hayat ,life guard Abu ali and housekeeper mr. money. They are very kind and friendly. we had great time. last year WiFi was chargeable . But this time it is free and strong

• Standard Room (Inside Main Building With City View)

Everything was just perfect, they upgrade my room to sea view which was amazing

Excellent facility

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Staff are friendly and approachable especially Ms.mariam. The place is perfect for relaxing and for having fun...

Nil

Good place to stay

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

The two combined beds weren't even caused discomfort and I was disappointed for not getting a room with a beach view

Food and outdoor activities

Location and see view

Facilities are very bad

Good

Restaurant was little expensive

Pool and beach

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Heater water not working and when you take shower all the water over flow on the floor.gym close early at 7pm.

Nice chalet outside the building

Beach

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Staff is not very friendly

Beach

• Standard Room (Inside Main Building With City View)

Bad smell from the kitchen come through the exhaust fan

The suite which we take

No things

Great place to relax & enjoy.

the food was not good

Staff not approachable

Nothing to be like

no thing

I have stayed the hotel with my family for nights we enjoyed everything there special the staff .

Food price is high

It is neat and comfortable. Very relaxing also

• Standard Chalet with City View (Outside Main Building)

Beach night lights and seats

I like the outside shalie

Tea was very bad

The Most important was connectivity of Beach and Pool , which is really rare and we were enjoying both together.

• Standard Room (Inside Main Building With City View)

Very uncomfortable bed and mattresses. Rooms are too noisy.

Really doubt about them being called a 4 star facility.

Bad service