Reviews of Carlton Tower Hotel 4 stars

#239 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Mr Joseph the bellboy .
    • Deluxe Room

Upon arrival the person in charge outside the lobby didn't help us to unload our things and instead asking if we have reservation first thing he said was I have to pay for valet parking ! Seriously? I said I have room reservation, what's the room number? Silly question! I just arrived how would I know my room number? Cant he see I'm unloading my bags ?!

Mr Joseph the bellboy ... he is friendly and non stop assisting us as we have an event as well

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfortable, beautiful view
    • Deluxe Room

When I was sitting next to the lobby I did not like hearing the music. It was very disturbing. Try to put the music down!

The view was very beautiful and the bed was comfortable. The lobby was nice

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I liked the room ,the bed was comfortable and has nice view
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

I didn’t like the club night because was to loud music also it was next to relaxation aria

I liked the room ,the bed was comfortable and has nice view

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good location if you are interested in exploring old Dubai.
    • Budget Single Room

The condition of my room was terrible and also the equipment in hotel needs renovation especially around the pool. I booked smallest room, which hotel offers - I was out most of the times, so I was OK with small room. Unfortunately, room was not in the condition, which I expected from Carlton 4star hotel. There was few centimeter gap below the door so during the night I could hear everything what was going on the hallway and also light from there was keeping me awake until i putted there one of the towels. Whole room looks as furnished 30 years ago and not renovated ever since. There were stains on the walls (from water), my toilet was leaking and after three nights stay, nobody fixed it even service room always cleaned the water from floor so they were aware of the issue. There were several damages in bathroom and I felt like in cheap 1star hotel. Similar situation was next to the pool. The rails and steps to pool seemed as they will break always when I was coming out of the pool and with weigh app 70Kg this should not be an issue. Inspection date of one of the elevators was also overdue several months. And after finding out that water in bathroom does not work I was handed just paper with info about some issue with water, which was fixed just in the evening, which is really not what you want during summer period in Dubai. Waiting for check-in maybe 30minutes was not also pleasant, Overall if I compare it to similar 4star hotel in Dubai, where I stayed and 3star hotel in Abu Dhabi - Carlton was definitely the worst one. I don't know how other rooms look like, but if similar Carlton really needs a renovation.

Good location if you are interested in exploring old Dubai. Great view from the pool. Friendly and helpful staff. In walking distance from the bay where you can take "water taxi" to the other side of Dubai creek just for 1 Dirham. you can find lot of local shops and not far (1-2 km or 2 stops with metro) you can check old gold, spice, textile souk.

STAYING AT CARLTON TOWER WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH NO REGRETS!
    • Deluxe Room

the room they gave me wasn't spacious and the bathroom was a bit small.

Their breakfast was super tasty and nice that has a lot of varieties and the stuffs are very helpful and friendly..The property is very close to the airport and very close to the train station..Its not too far from the local market center..The hotel also have 3 night clubs which are all nice.

My stay is good except the event we hav in the banquet hall.
    • Deluxe Room

I dont have any except my bad experience with their banquet food manager, he is that bald guy, when we booked for an event.. he is very arrogant.. no respect.. he even said that this is his place and not ours. He is shouting. I hope the management wont tolerate on him and must be given a strict action. It wss so embarasing and disapointing. We decided not to make an event or party in the banquet hall.

The Filipino receptionist were very helpful and friendly.

I liked the location of the hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

Room view was not what i was expecting. Was a bit noisy on that floor. Bathroom was not at good standard as i was expecting. Sink was leaking and when told them i wanted a different room. I been told the sink will be repaired and cant get a different room. So its was disappointing. Tv programme very boring. I stayed a week been watching same thing for the whole week. Stayed in different hotel in Dubai as been few times. But other hotel had good choice for tv programme if u not going out. But i was very disappointed for this as well.

I liked the location of the hotel. And staff are all very polite.

not good
    • Deluxe Room

the smell of the corridor are bad (floor 9), the bath room not well cleaned, towels are not cleaned, no items in the refrigerator, and they put me in smoking area while I requested not that, and etc..

no water in bathroom for more than 6 hours
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

no water in bathroom for more than 6 hours and the ac is terrible. I don't know how's this hotel is 4 star hotel ??! bad smell in 10th floor because of water leak. worst 4 star hotel in Dubai. I would not recommend it at all

The staff is not that helpful at all.
    • Budget Single Room

The staff is not that helpful at all. And they are very slow . They wasted my time . They told there is a early check in so i showed up at 10:00A.M and they kept me waiting till 1:35 p.m when i talked to them the says (wait the check in at 2:00P.M) i booked two rooms and they allowed me for each room one person and we were 3 people!!! They put us each one in different room !!! As well the second room it was ready at 3:00 and they didn’t say sorry for wasting my time and for the delay! Strongly i don’t recommend it at all. Not even by me, even when i was in lobby people were talking about the service.

I forgot my iPhone AirPods cost 199$ on the table.
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

I forgot my iPhone AirPods cost 199$ on the table. Couldn’t go back because I left the Hotel with Taxi to catch my Airplane. Called the Hotel and they said there are no Headphones found. What a joke. !!! I have stayed this hotel almost every month of my business trips so I request from the management to resolve this issue asap.

Possibly best panoramic view of the busy creek from open...
    • Budget Single Room

Requested non-smoking room but was given a room on Floor 4 which smelled strongly of stale cigarettes. Avoid Floor 4 if you do not like this, but are any other floors better? This hotel was probably one of the earliest and smartest 40+ years ago when first built, but now is slightly tired and dated. Lots of re-sealing of baths and joins.

Possibly best panoramic view of the busy creek from open swimming pool deck at front. Pleasant staff

the staff where professional friendly very war hospitality
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

I could not get the bed I booked for I had to settle for a room with 2 twins bad, If I wanted the room with queen bad I had to wait 1 hour ,we ask if could be in the room with tween bad for the time being (since I was tired and wanted to rest) and move when the room will be ready I was told that the hotel could not accommodate me in that sense 2. second thing we could ear the noise from the next room.

the staff where professional friendly very war hospitality

we had very bad experience with your staff and the way he handle made me very uncomfortable. Not goo
    • Deluxe Room

please educate your staff to be more generous on customers. the way your receptionist (MR.Ali) handle me was very unproffessional and rood . requesting you to refund my money what i paid.

• Budget Single Room

Staff lack of info wether the guest has been check out or not yet it was 9am in the morning some open the door without knowing theres still guest was sleeping from the moment it spoiled my sleeping ..

Cleanliness

Excellent stay location and staff brilliant and helpful
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Bathroom bath chipped Pool needs updating Ideal for one night we stayed but for longer a no Bit old fashioned for longer stay

Location near souks value for money

Good location to do lots of Dubai roaming from.
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Location for exploring Dubai is good, abra for creek crossing and metro both close to hotel. Bed comfortable and room quiet, so sleep was good.

Awesome place would love to come again.
    • Deluxe Room

Swimmin pool was on refurbishment.

Staff was so professional and friendly willing to help anytime.I would like to thanks Mr.Syed for all help fantastic Person who understands your all needs and willing to provide help 24/ 7. Asian and western food for breakfast.Rooms were nice and clean . Amazing hospitality ***** I recomend to try.👌👏

Great but needs to be refurbished.
    • Deluxe Room

the toilet has this weird sour smell. It looks clean but doesnt smell sanitized. The floor rug needs to be replaced as it looks dirty and scary to walk on barefoot. Cabinet and closet is full of scratches, needs repainting.

the bed was fantastic. Lots of soft pillows and sheets were clean. Got a really good sleep during my stay. A/C unit was old but it was still nice and cold. I got a nice view of the creek.

Fourth visit so far will definately book fifth!!
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Late check in (8am) is always problematic. Even though i booked the room from the previous night,room was cancelled on arrival despite telephoning reservation department of the hotel on the previous day & writing it in the the comments/instruction section of the booking.com app. Also it was an advance payment booking for 7 nights & my room should be saved for me regardless of whatever time i wish to arrive. Luckily they had similar room available on arrival. This has happened on the last 2 occasions, please sort it out because i always arrive early morning.

Overall really great hotel if you have a mid range budget looking to stay in Deira amongst all the buzz, you will never get bored. Wide range of affordable restaurants within short walking distance. Metro is 2 minute walk & Dubai Creek is aprox 100 metres in front of Hotel. Excellent location for shopping for the savvy shoppers. No problem in finding a yellow taxi unlike other hotels, bellboys always eager to help. Worth paying a bit extra for the Creek View rooms. Room service is actually quite cheap, but excellent quality. Daily housekeeping ensuring spotless rooms.

Just ok not more
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

The room and design in the room not nice in bath room only have small lamps ..and bath room not nice not do shower there ..the mirror in bath can’t shave because far to face and dark bath room not have small mirror ... any way just ok but hotel not same 4 star like 2 or 3 star ... and staff not have enough information ..

I recommend the normal or deluxe rooms rather than the Budget room.
    • Budget Single Room

1. I stayed in "BUDGET ROOM" and inside there is no sockets for charging your phone except the one which is connected to TV. 2. The room was very dark. No sunlight. Lights should be turned on all day. Any 3 star hotel is better than this room. I felt I was staying in a basement.

Location and clean

The only good thing about this hotel is the location
    • Deluxe Room

Staff is very poor they don’t know how to lead with the customers the housekeeping doesn’t even greet receptionist are not friendly they even quarrel in front of customers..

The only good thing about this hotel is the location

The way of welcoming people and the reception and thw...
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

The hotel need to upgrade the phones inside the rooms and the method of communication

The way of welcoming people and the reception and thw display of the lobby

Room 908 has stinky smell every time you flash the the...

the location

Room 908 has stinky smell every time you flash the the toilet, no tooth brash and tooth paste available, i requested it and take time to arrive and it delivered wrong, they deliver lotion and body soap.

Will not come again
    • Budget Single Room

The 24hrs bar on the first floor is a JOKE, I went early morning with my friends to have some drinks, the waiter was sitting on other customer table and no one noticed that we entered, I had to go to the bar to make an order. at the end they tried to cheat us by adding to the bill drinks which we did not order, when I asked about it they said they gave another table bill by mistake . Always double check your bill

The hotel is near to traditional markets, the doorman was great.

Not recommended, not good at all..!
    • Budget Single Room

Actually I didn’t like anything, the stuff was rude with a fake smile, the room was not ready when I arrived (i was there kind of late so it should was ready) waited about 20 min, they wanted to give me a smoking room while i asked so clearly for a non- smoking one, i ask the reception to give me a wake up call at 12pm and they called at 11.30am asking me for check out “note:I have a priority late check out from Booking.com” it was a bad experience..

Nothing except the cleanliness of the room and bathroom

Good location for airport, close to Dubai Creek and friendly staff
    • Budget Single Room

Having to ask every day for my card to be reset to access my room.

Close to airport and good location close to Creek. Staff friendly. Getting to knock out a few laps in the pool was great.

Good location, Unpleasant room.
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

I booked for a Creek view room and was given one in level 4. Upon entering the room, the smell was bad. I guess it's smoking room. I ask to change the room. The lady at the front desk told me the upper floors will not have warm water due to water pressure. Definitely not a correct way in declining customer's request. She told me that they will try to change the room next day, but through out my stay, it was not done. Even-though I repeatedly ask on a daily basis. Hence, I have to put with the foul smell for the 5days, 4 nights. Air-con was also noisy.

Hotel staff were very pleasant, especially doormen and housekeeping staff. However, I was not too pleased with front desk staff. Location was very good as there were lots of shops and eatery available in walking distance.

Everything was just perfect.
    • Deluxe Room

It took them so long every time I asked them to bring my car from the parking

Everything was just perfect. Start from reception to room service also the breakfast was tasty and perfect except that there are no many options.

Perfect place if you want to visit the souq and Bastakiya
    • Deluxe Room

I loved the swimming pool, it had sun the all day. The location was right next to the boats which cross the water to the souqs, the hotel was very comfortable and clean and friendly and the price was very good.

Excellent Value...Great Location

No complaints at all.

Right on the Dubai Creek in the old part of Dubai. 10 mins walk from Gold souk and Spice souk. 3 min walk from Metro station coming from Airport. It cost about €1.50 to get to here from Airport by metro. Very safe, quick and clean. Metro is very well signed from Arrivals in Airport. Beside the river cruises . Great Location. This is not a modern hotel like a lot of the other Dubai hotels but it has an old world style and service. Breakfast was excellent. Great selection. Rooftop pool overlooking creek also. Room was on the 6th floor overlooking creek. Worth the extra for Creek view.

we was so tired and reached 2 Pm room was not ready!
    • Budget Single Room

we was so tired and reached 2 Pm room was not ready! manager said sorry smoking room not availble and its booking mistake! the lady in reception she was not proffisional at all! they make us so nervous!

The location is convenient.
    • Deluxe Room

Somedays they are cigarettes smells at the corridor and the smells seeps into our room.

The location is convenient. Near the souks and train station.

Staff were super helpful and Mr.
    • Deluxe Room

Bathroom drainage problem especially after shower that over flow From bathtub .

Staff were super helpful and Mr. Mohamed in the reception did a great job to make our stay awesome . Rooms are specious and beds was so comfy .

Good location not far from airport, right on the creek and...
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Shower wasn’t very strong and bath plug leaked. WiFi signal/connection was intermittent. A little tired around the edges but overall comfy and value for money.

Good location not far from airport, right on the creek and near to a metro station. Polite, helpful staff. Tasty breakfast.

• Deluxe Room

There was nothing enjoyable about the hotel except the location and the cleaning ladies who were very nice and sweet. The rest was extremely dissapointing. The breakfast was tasteless. The lunch was very pricey and rubish for the money. I was so disapointed that I had to check out 1 day earlier than supposed to.

From 31/12/17 to 07/01/18 I booked 2 rooms...
    • Deluxe Room

From 31/12/17 to 07/01/18 I booked 2 rooms each room £684. You did charge me £856,94 you took extra £168 pounds each booking I did claim about that in England which company I booked hotel they going to sort out

We had a nice stay
    • Deluxe Room

We should have booked a room with a view as it is subject to availability upon check in, because we miss out on the the Dubai creek amazing view especially during the night.

The staff are nice and helpful

• Deluxe Room

please notethatthe hotel is in very poor condition and all facilities are outdated the price is very expensive with very poor facilities I do not recommend it to anyone total waste of money

It was a very nice stay and commendable service they extended
    • Deluxe Room

I asked for the greek view in reservation 16 days ago before coming but i didn't get what i asked for.

The staff were very polite and commendable for the service they provided beyond the call of duty as i was travelling with my 4 year old mischievous child and for 11 nights.

1. Hotel is located close to metro station (5 min working)...
    • Deluxe Room

1. Hotel is located in Deira, nowadays it's quite far from downtown and any other touristic places. It's also quite old and I would say it's a good 3*, not 4. 2. Reception ladies were completely not interested in helping. For example, we have requested extra bed in advance of our travel and it was confirmed by email. Being already in hotel I went to remind that it would be needed soon and Maria (reception lady) said she has no information in hotel system and we must contact booking.com. A few hours later I asked again, but another reception person and he confirmed they got my request long ago and everything will be arranged. Also requested airport transfer didn't come, later they apologized that they'd forgotten to send the driver. 3. I would not recomend their travel agency. We were confirmed by certain tour time and it seems like it was not properly agreed with the driver, who came earlier and was blaming us and in general was very rude whole trip.

1. Hotel is located close to metro station (5 min working) and airport (15 min driving). 2. As highlights I would also mention their room and parking service (extra blanket was arranged in 2 min) and meals in hotel restaurants.

a Budget hotel, but from the management's point of view
    • Budget Single Room

lack of staff at the breakfast even it was very busy there was only 2 staff. We couldn't contact the housekeeping during our stay as the buttons are not working, finally, I went down to reception to ask for an extra blanket which was delivered after 20 minutes. The hotel doesn't provide a toothbrush, and you will get only one shampoo during the stay. room service never pick up the phone It seems that the whole hotel is working with a few staff only.

The staff are attentive and helpful, the breakfast variety was acceptable, and the location is near to the old city

Good quality/price ratio, good breakfast and the...
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

The structure needs some restoration.

Good quality/price ratio, good breakfast and the location in Deira, a zone worth to be visited (at least for the Khor and the spices and gold souk).

Excellent and comfortable
    • Deluxe Room

Room was given as per our preference on the 11th Floor with private balcony. Service was very nice. Outstanding food quality and also large portions of foods were being served. bathroom would have been a little better and faucet in bathtub needs maintenance. All the staffs were very nice and well groomed. Location is perfect, on the creek.

Not bad but could be better. I couldn't use the WiFi to make WhatsApp calls.
    • Budget Single Room

On the last day of my stay, I started to perceive a foul odour like something that would come from faulty sewage lines in parts of the hotel

It was centrally located and not far from Baniyas Metro sration

good experience
    • Deluxe Room

everything is good and as per my expectations

rooms are clean bed are comfortable and staff was very polite. specials on swimming pool Mr. Sajjad he has very experience person.

Facilities were OK and the auxiliary personal was really...
    • Deluxe Room

The receptionists were unpleasant, we have paied the hotel in advance and the receptionist told us that hotel is not payed, they wanted to pay it once more or pay the deposit 500 dirhams for 1 person or leave there our passports. It was really very uncomcortable. The whole situation was finally solved by Booking.com that I would like to acknowledge. The receptionist finally did not apologize and when we were leaving we must wait for the room control.

Facilities were OK and the auxiliary personal was really helpfull and capable in contrast to the waiters in the bar. The breakfast was nice. Location near metro and water taxi.

Value for money

Room size.

Location just in front of dubai creek. In the heart of core business center if dubai and nearby from baniyas metro station. Overall fscilities are nice in the hotel.

The location close to the SUbway, nice view, pool good, the...
    • Deluxe Room

The price in the bar are extremely high. But maybe not the highest in Dubai.

The location close to the SUbway, nice view, pool good, the stuff very kind. In the neighbors area you can find everything what you need for your travel like grocery, massage, restaurant, etc.

the breakfast was good though paid for separately.
    • Deluxe Room

The bed was not very comfortable, perhaps overused. Placed in a smoking area, no one asked us. The workers reuse same bed sheets. Generally good, well located. However the warmth from the workers was not there. I have stayed in the hotel at least 3 times.

the breakfast was good though paid for separately.

Relaxing Stay Creekside
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Friendly & helpfull staff, especially Mohammad at front desk who I would like to thank especially. Sajjad the pool attendant was great. The concierges Suraj & Qasim were attentive. Good sized rooms. Great location if you need affordable food & shopping which is walking distance or a short taxi ride. Very clean hotel throughout. Room service was excellent. Overall excellent value 4 Star Hotel if you are looking to enjoy the buzz of Deira. Look forward to returning !!

Good, but choose other area
    • Budget Single Room

Night club in the hotel. This can be an issue. Loud even in 8th floor.

A budget place. Affordable. Good breakfast, helpful staff, close to metro, nothing to blame. BUT this is not a district for a Westerner. It's a district of migrants and far from anything to see or to do. Choose Lake Towers or close. Modern Dubai is there.

I am very disappointed I booked this property. I will never recommend this to any of my friends.
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

The property charged me much More than what was confirmed by Booking.com if booking.com partner hotels have this issue then I will Not book any future hotels from booking.com The property charged me much More than what was confirmed by Booking.com if booking.com partner hotels have this issue then I will Not book any future hotels from booking.com

I would definitely stay again
    • Deluxe Room

Rooms could be updated but hey its not a biggie if you want 5 star then pay 5 star money.

It is not a 5 Star hotel, however the hotel for it's age is very good. Location is the best to Deira market and Gold Souk, I booked this hotel for 1 night which meant as soon as I landed, i took the taxi (short ride) and slept the night in the hotel and next morning went to Deira all fresh. BREAKFAST IS VERY GOOD INDEED.

nice stay
    • Budget Single Room

nice and clean location is good in front the Greek near the old sok or market all what you need in reasonable price transport is good by metro near old town and cross to other sid by boat or underground

I had a nice stay in a very clean emvironment and enjoyed the warmth of the staff.
    • Deluxe Room

I wanted to extend my stay but was told there was full booking. The receptionist could have called earlier to confirm my interest in staying longer or not. I had to quickly look out for options and rush to pack my stuffs out.

The receptionist were very courteous. The environment was very clean and facilities were excellent. I enjoyed my stay and would like to visit again. The price was not too high for a 4 star considering its location.

Very good value for what you get
    • Budget Single Room

Room was a little noisy .Room cleaning service was not that great.

Hotel was very nice and well presented. Reception Staff extremely friendly and helpful especially Mohamed. check-in and check-out done smoothly

Great location and a great place to stay
    • Deluxe Room

I liked my stay overall as it started with a warm welcoming and helpful staff Mr. Mohammed always smiling and offering to assist with anything. The size of the room was perfect! Great location next to the river, close to the airport and all public transport.

Location is the best thing, you can walk to Gold Souk, Spice...
    • Budget Single Room

They gave me very small room and faulty AC. When I requested an upgrade they asked for almost double what I paid. I stayed in that room anyway if they fix the AC. That was about 5 pm. I went out and at 9 pm get back, the AC was still worm and I complained about it again. they moved me to another room. They should give me good room in the first place. I am sure the receptionist knew there was problem with that room because she asked me to see the room at first when I checked in. I have never been asked to see a room that I already booked. She has attitude and ruined my first day in Dubai

Location is the best thing, you can walk to Gold Souk, Spice, Naif Souk and boat taxi to other side of creek where is the Old Souk for just 1 Dirham. the Airport is about 15-20 minutes and 40 Dirhams by taxi.

Fantastic stay definately we'll be back.
    • Deluxe Room

The view of room 1014 was not amazing.

Unfortunately, I did not eat my breakfast because of your comfortable bed I was fast asleep like a baby. Excellent will be back.

Comfortable accommodation in the 'old' part of Dubai
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Some facilities of the hotel were closed during visit (perhaps due to Ramadan)

Nice view of the waterway (Dubai Creek). Comfortable rooms. 200 metre walk to the metro station.

Fantastic location and a gem of a hotel
    • Deluxe Room

All in all it is excellent value for money

The location is fantastic (under 1 minute to Baniyas Square MTR station) and right beside Dibai creek. The staff are professional, courteous and very kind too.

Stay on the Creek
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Nothing But the aircon is too cold for me but that is just me perhaps

Dining room staff very attentive and from desk too. This is a well managed property

Good place for short stay .
    • Deluxe Room

If you decided to stay in hotel for the evening the main restaurant remain close for the evening and not much of a choice left to eat in the hotel .

Breakfast was excellent , plenty of choice to eat .

Location, location, location and fantastic staff
    • Deluxe Room

The staff are professional and excellent. However the best aspect of this hotel by far is its location. It's an 8 minute taxi drive from airport (terminals 1 and 3), is 30 seconds from Baniyas MTR station - which means you can be anywhere in Dubai within minutes. Culturally it is 10 metres from Dubai creek and all its abras, boats, cruises and is at the heart of "old Dubai" and Deira which gives you a glimpse of the "true" Dubai behind the scenes

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great value hotel in old part of Dubai
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel is a little jaded, especially compared with the more expensive hotels in the new parts of Dubai, but it is great value for money in the old quarter.

In the old part of Dubai. But right by Dubai Creek.. Nice aspect.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Location fantastic
    • Budget Single Room

The property is pretty old 40years need updating but beautiful building with abit of refurbishment it can be one of top notch hotel in this area

LocatIon

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

rude staff
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

staff is rude and unaccomodating. i opted for a late check in which i confirmed by calling the hotel 2 times but once we get there they were telling us to wait for almost 1 hour before the room will be ready. very disappointing! the male front desk staff didnt bothered to check for the availability of my request at all!!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Are you in Dubai for business? .
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Are you in Dubai for business? ... please forget this Hotel! 3 nigh clubs pumping music up till 3.00a.m. will make your stay a nightmare. Breakfast is poor, omelette are prepared in a corridor and dust is covering walls ...

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Cosystay
    • Suite

Need more International Chanel's With clear brothcusting, toilet towels need to be new n large size n perfoumied ... cuz it's look old small n smilly!, Need too change some suite living room fernituers .!

Location, foods, friendly staff , bar ,

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The hotel didn't have water in the morning. Inadmissible and intolerable. Very poor experience.
    • Budget Single Room

There was not water in the morning for take the shower!! When I asked the reception, they told me that was due to regular maintenance and that they sent a letter to the guests of the hotel. This was not advertised on the website, as it should be. Who is going to a hotel that does not have water in the morning???? The staff didn't seem to care at all about the inconvenience caused. I think Booking should not have hotels like this on their website. It is simply inadmissible that a hotel doesn't have water in the morning.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Bathroom was not equipped with toothpaste / earbuds etc.
    • Deluxe Room

Bathroom was not equipped with toothpaste / earbuds etc. Shampoo / body wash was not good quality. For this price there should be disposable razors and tooth brush etc.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good location, metro station, better insulation, needs redecoration, include taxation (and charges)
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

The public areas and rooms could do with some redecoration - the restaurant was definitely looking tired and it could have done with a bit of background music at breakfast to give it some atmosphere. The window in our room offered little insulation against outside traffic noise (this seems to be common in so many hotels!). Not the best value for money once taxes and 'service charge' are added to the headline rate. It probably deserved its 4 star rating in the 1980s but compared to other big city 4 star hotels I've stayed in this year, it needs to up its game a bit.

Friendly, courteous staff, good location near to a metro station, mostly clean, comfortable room with a great view of Dubai Creek, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Walking distance to Souks
    • Deluxe Room with Creek View

Easy walk to Downtown old Dubai and Gold Souk. Creek with boat access across the road. Rooms reasonably priced for quality of hotel. Great location if you want to see this part of town.

Browse Carlton Tower Hotel traveller photo gallery