Reviews of Chelsea Gardens Hotel Apartment

Discovery Gardens, Zen 3, Building 7, Discovery Gardens, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#72 of 318 Holiday rentals in Dubai

• Studio

They should treat the costumers equal.. upon check in i was approach by a manager not even having a name tag on.. there was a lady as well checking in at the same time, she was offered a welcome drink and i was not! Its not about the juice.. we are same nor specials coz we bought paying the same money! Booking. Com even mentioned on the email expect a welcome drink! Lol.. the feeling was ODD and disappointed coz this is not the first time staying here.. better the previous check in was a pleasant approached by the staffs.. not this time by the manager.. there was a filipino guy evening shift, he is too good and friendly.. Morning time at 9, annoying neighbor as they we playing and shouting outside.. Annoying room on next floor as the furnitures are moving! They should carry things not pulling things create annoying sounds! Its was not good stays at all this time

• Studio

they don't have free wifi at the room it's chargeable and expensive.

I like my stay with them staffs are polite and accommodating, spacious room, complete amenities

• Studio

Everything was pleasant this stay

The staff were very friendly, I go there often and they acknowledged that. I love the kitchen. The room is worth the price

• Studio

The room lights were all white. Atleast the bed side lamps could be yellow to give the room a soft look.

I got upgraded. Staff especially at the reception was super supportive (both night and morning) to help me with any thing i required. I was provided everything as I had requested in my booking.

• Studio

This is my third time staying in this hotel, the staff were not flexible. I didn’t enjoy my stay this time whatsoever.

The room was beautiful, good kitchen

• Studio

Staffs are very helpful and kind specially their receptionists. Actually their wifi is not free but since i am regular guest they are giving complementary wifi :)

• Studio

The booking was for 2 guests but only 1 set of towel was offered, which was already mentioned to the hotel and the response was very satisfying.

The place is neat and tidy, the staff are very welcoming and helpful.

• Studio

There was one item which requires improvement for business travelers. The hotel in my opinion made a cost cutting decision not to include CNN as a channel on their network of tv channels. While this may have saved money, for US travelers or business travelers its is a BIG No.

Room size, value for money. Kitchen, staff and super clean. Totally unexpected.

• Studio

LOCATION : not near public transport and metro line forces you to take a shuttle since a station in under maintenance for at least 1 year INTERNET : Very slow (0.3Mbps), cannot watch a video on streaming. KITCHEN : Cooking device dirty and rosting, fridge noisy STAFF : not listening, not keeping promises to rectify complaint, need to repeat and insist again

Confortable bed

• Studio

Receptionist Geli Ann was outstanding customer service . Was very fast check in and she informed us much about hotel services and place which is surrounded near by ... Thankz a lot for her and I appreciate it .. rooms was very huge and comfortable very well organized and located place such a peaceful area

• Studio

Wifi is chargeable. Bathroom is dirty, towels very old and not fresh. Kitchen wasn't cleaned properly, there was smell and oily spots.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Studio

Short stay, bathtub was having stains on it and was not clean. asked for cold water got room temperature. Front desk were welcoming and fast had a smooth check in. And security was helpfull thanks to them to open the parking lot gate as there were limited access cards.

• Studio

Tv channel selection was poor

Cleanliness and service was excellent !! Location was convenient with the availability of supermarkets, restaurants , clinics etc

• Studio

WiFi was extra except in reception where it was free. However, they did give us some free concession which was very good of them.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, quite a good size and with good facilities. Free Street parking outside. All very good for the price.

• Studio

The old furniture, was really disturbing, Gym is so basic, room service are not on time, when it comes to cleaning the rooms, so pls make sure to let them know your prefered time to avoid any unneeded delay in service

Staff are always friendly, and ready to help with whatever in their limits, spacious apartments, event the studio ones, but almost no furniture ... only bed and a chair, with a table to dine, old furniture for sure, the hotel is surrounded by 10s of restaurants, it close around 10 pm, and the area around the hotel turns from active to soooo calm .... suitable for solo travelers, as well as families looking for a budget stay

• Studio

It would have been better if the provision of drinking water could be included within the tariff.

Courteous staff, well equipped facility, location & ease of accessibility to all that we need. Since we had an early booking, we were also provided with free Wifi access within the rooms. The entire premises is well-maintained and kept very clean and tidy.

All are well managed.

I like the environment, outside my balcony is like a heaven. Peaceful place, a place like a home, safe and quite community of Discovery Gardens very near to IBN Batuta a place where you can ride public bus heading outside Dubai like if you wanna go to Abu Dhabi after exploring Dubai. Easy access to the heart of Dubai and the well known Jumierah Beach or Residence. When it come to Chelsea Studio Room, there are a lot of useful room facilities which is easy to use and as I said its like a home, I can cook whatever I want, preserve my food in the fridge, wash my clothes, iron and comfortable bathroom too. Staff are all friendly and they consider your needs and compromise to their policies too.

• Studio

Breakfast offers no many options in terms of hot drinks (only coffee and tea). Rooms have a terrace but it's impossible to open the window, not cool :(

Very nice and kind staff. The location was ideal for me in a not so posh and pretentious area of Dubai with many shops, restaurants and other facilities (mainly Southern Indian!!) at a walking distance.

• Studio

food package, or make a promotion on ur 2nd or 3rd visit have dinner or break fast buffet included

frontdesk are very accomodating, kind and helpful...

• Studio

The staff was atrocious, very rude, the room was poorly equipped, not enough toiletries, etc. They are incapable of doing room service properly-- say it takes 20 minutes, take 35-40, then you can't charge it to the room, you must pay in cash right now, even when they have your card on file. They CHARGE FOR WIFI, but if you complain, they decide to upgrade you--what a wonderful benefit and generous gift, providing wifi, at a hotel, in 2017/2018. They say they upgraded my room, but then say I can't charge the room service to the room because of the type of room I have--strange after they said they gave me such a nice upgrade. They then put me on hold twice for 15 minutes, with a staffer holding my meal hostage and staring at me. Plenty of other cheap places to stay, avoid this dump.

Absolutely nothing.

• Studio

Mr AJAY front office reception very nice and friendly very professional in his work he make my check in very smooth and easy MMS Dami she was very nice and helpful too with big smile all time on her face. Mr Ali Abbas too very helpful stuff.in general good hotel good stuff to Dr with. Thx.

• Studio

The bed is not suitable for the room as it should be for twin beds because the two side lamps were in the middle of the bed already so can't lie down near the headboard.

Staffs are accomodating.

Nothing really.

The rooms are well equipped, a good size, quite, internet connection is good, parking is easy and free. location was good for what we needed, we had a car. But only a short tax ride from the metro. AC good.

• Studio

Great little hotel in a very convenient location for intra city travelers. Right next to Ibn Batutta as well. Rooms are fairly large and well equipped with a small kitchen. Some rooms have a balcony which is also nice. Biggest plus point of this hotel is the excellent staff. Always smiling, very prompt and super efficient. Front desk is a plus and check in is a breeze. Look for Amir or Deepshika and they will treat you well.

The bed is a bit hard.

The hotel was perfect for a night. We arrived after midnight and we were upgraded to a bigger room because it was the birthday of my boyfriend. The hotel also provided wifi for free like a gift. We slept like babies, even if the bed was a bit hard. We had no breakfast.

The bed is a bit hard.

• Studio

They don't provide thw free wifi, butin booking.com they show ot as free wifi

Good for family , facilities were good and the response from the staff is very good

• Studio

it didn't look or feel like a hotel, it is just as if you've rented someones studio or apartment, as the feeling of clean sheets, and in room facilities are surely not there ,, the room was humid, and the bed sheets are a bit sticky !! and the bathroom was a disaster .. and it is surely not for families,

Friendly staff, spacious rooms, lots of restaurants around the hotel, taxis available 24/7 a walking distance from ibn battuta mall, 10 minutes by taxi to JBR and 15 to Marina, 45-60 minutes to dubai mall

• Studio

The room were very clean. However, i think balconies should be cleaned more often especially that is open and can get dusty easily.

The staff are helpful and and accommodate with as smile. Excellent and fast. they upgraded the room for me without asking. The room was on high floor with a balcony as i requested. I was very satisfied. very Convenient next to the mall and metro. Quiet location

• Studio

They kept calling me every day to tell me that they didn’t makeup my room because I left the “do not disturb” sign hanging on the door. And I kept telling them that I intentionally did that because I don’t need them to do so. That was happening every day and it was annoying. The parking was outside, but it didn’t bother me because in the daytime I was always outside. Other than that everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect

• Studio

Washing machine very noisy.

Reception staff were good. The Indian guy (forgot the name) gave instructions to the lady for room upgrade and wife connection free of charge. The lady seemed also to be Indian and she was quite pleasant person. The door man/concercierge (Ali or ahmed) wearing glasses was excellent. Good room introduction. Seemed to enjoy his job. The AC has to be checked as we woke up with burnet smell with smoke in the room early morning. We had to switch off the AC.

Every thing was perfect

Again and again I like to stay at chealse hotel apartments Dubai actually this my third stay there every time I feel that iam at my home .the location of the hotel is very near to battouta mall and metro station plus all facilities u need u can found around the hotel .the room is very comfortable and nice .I'd like to thank all the management of the hotel because they really choose a cheerful staff to work within the property.special thank to Mr Aamir and his team deepshekha and James from front office who help us too much and make sure that every thing was perfect .also Ali thank you for your helping and Jenny from the resturant .thank you all guys .see you again and again .

• Studio

The rooms can do with a bit more decor, but it's pretty basic for the price we have paid.

easily approachable hotel apartments. We did a last minute booking and they welcomed us openly. Much appreciated.

• Deluxe Studio

That I have booked online through booking.com and they didn't know that booking.com has already deducted money from my bank account then they deducted again as soon as reached to the hotel now I have about 5 to 6 days until I get my money back.

All was good for me.

The hotel staff are very welcoming and helpful. The room and facility is very clean and the food is also good. and it is near lots of things (supermarket, restaurants, Ibn Batuta Mall, Metro...) Good for Long stay.

• Studio

with the money i paid, there is nothing i didn't like.

the value of money is excellent, all the facilities are available in the room. the furniture looks old but neat and well maintained.

• Deluxe Studio

There was no rice cooker. Not enough kitchen utensils. Parking was a little bit challenging. Too bad you have to pay for a wifi connection. No slipper.

The staff was very polite and accommodating. The bed was soft. Good location.

• Deluxe Studio

The team at front desk along with their manager were very supportive and just too good. All other team members if the hotel were really good and hospitable. Thanks for a good stay for our elderly relatives they really enjoyed and were at peace.

Really all ok .

This my second stay at chelsea within one month and again I can tell u that iam surprised about the quality of service that they approved Again starting from the helping of the management I deal with Mr Aamir who help me for the second time to make early check in really he is the example of the extra mile service and when I just arrive the hotel from the first moment the doorman open for us the door and welcome us with anice smile u feel happiness and this awesome lady Ms deepshekha who not forget my name I need to thank her for helping us In check in and sending stuff to my room and she was care to know our feedback about the room after check in .And also I can't forget the delicious food from service and the service approved by rankit .And the amazing check out experience with Mr dhaval and Ms gelli who make sure to ask us about all the details of ur stay .Really guys u are the treasures of Chelsea hotel.We will back again and recommend ur hotel for friends .See u soon all .

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Studio

The water is just too hot. I think there is no chiller

Receptionists are so accommodating and the room and the bed are so comfortable. The room paint and decorations feels like home

All is ok .

The location of the hotel is near from ibn battouta mall and the room is very clean and comfort .And the facilities of the hotel is very helpful .And also the food in room service is more delicious .i,d like to thank some staff there who help us too much to make our stay memorable mr amir the mod who help us to make early check in and Ali abbas who take care about us from the time we arrive the hotel and Jenny from service really she is more professional and the Indian lady in reception who make check in for us coz she already was sure to take our feed back always about the hotel .Thank u all and see u again .

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Studio

Housekeeping was not done completely or neatly. Follow up request to be made several times. Wifi connection limited to 2only

Staff were cooperative and helpful

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Studio

All the hotel staff are friendly and very welcoming they always smile and I feel very comfortable they are very caring and polite I really liked the service that is why we keep coming back. I also like the rooms I had no problem at all. The food is great.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Studio

I didn't like the room very dirty we couldn't sleep they wake up as at 10 am asking for check out the floor is sticky coz no one cleaning that it was the worst experience ever with chealsea hotel

I didn't like anything

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Studio

I like how it clean and now they make the WiFi free in the room so most likely I would stay here again. But they need to work on the heating system for the room. In the winter it's really cold and there are no heater in the room

• Studio

They forgot to pick me up at the airport, but I frequently stay in Chelsey Garden since nine years and it was the first time they forgot me.

Breakfast okay, delicious eggs on demand, friendly service. Rooms large and spacious with a small kittchen. Complementary water bottles and tea set. Quiet, several small supermarkets and restaurants around. Ibn Batuta Mall within a footwalk.

• Studio

The receptionist were very accomodating. My meeting schedule was a little bit complicated the property have granted me late check out, Amazing! not to mention the duty manager have is very friendly and riliable as well the other staffs... Surely recomended...

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Studio

Staff in the Front Office and House Keeping are very helpful and they keep an excellent customer services relationship with their hotel guests. Keep it up!

No Swimmingpool

The hospitality and friendly staff as well as their knowledge of the local transport system. They helped us save some money on utilization of the taxis and the Metro.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults)

There was no pool. But the beach is very close by!

The apartments are close to JBR and the marina which is very convenient. The staff are fantastic! The apartment was very clean and spacious. Great value you for money and I definitely recommend. Thank you Chelsea gardens for making our trip to Dubai more enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Studio

Actually I don't have negative-points as I stay one night only

I like the staff as they are very friendly more over the parking was very good also.

Everything was nice.

Staff were so friendly and polite. Arjay at the front desk especially. When I was checking out, I even got the opportunity to meet Harmanpreet their operations manager who personally asked how my stay was and gave me his business card in case I ever wanted to stay with them again.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Quite a long walk to the nearest Metro Station - much easier to get a taxi, except during rush hour or at prayer times. 15 - 20 minutes taxi-ride from nearest beach at JBR.

Large, clean rooms and truly friendly, helpful staff. Close to local shops and supermarkets for self-caterers and only a short taxi ride from Ibn Battuta Mall.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Studio

The staff went out of there way to make our stay special. The manager upgraded our room for free and even filled the bath tub with rose petals and floating candles and rose petals on the bed also. The towels were folded into heats and swans and chocolate cake and strawberries were set in the kitchen area for my fiancée and I. The room was larger than expected and all our needs were more than catered to. A big thank you to everyone at the Chelsea and I look forward to staying there again.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Studio

Price was exceptionally good for the location and facilities provided. Will definitely be visiting and staying again. Parking was good at the front, plenty of available spaces. Free wifi was very good.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe Studio

The staff were friendly, accommodating and courteous.Good location. Value for money. Many grocery and restaurant surrounding hotel. Surrounding hotel is nice and safe for relax with children.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Studio

the door to the room need to be fitted with the special sealing underneath to prevent the noise from the corridor

staff ready to fix any problems, the window sealing was a problem, it was fixed fast.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Quite a distance from Dubai Centre (approx 30 miles) but only 10-12 minutes walk (or 5 mins cab ride) to Ibn Battuta Mall and the nearest Metro station.

Clean & spacious Hotel Apartments with friendly and attentive reception & support staff. Reasonable selection of local supermarkets for self-catering provisions just outside the front door.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Studio

T.V. wasn't working well. It kept disconnecting.

All was well. Tikka dinner was specially made as per our request and it was great and very delicious. Staff are very pleasant and nice. I like the fast responses in messenger whenever i ask.it was perfect.

• Studio

SMELLY room and shower curtain make us uncomfortable. Pillow are hard, we use pillow from the chair :(

Good greeting from staff, they give us free WIFI for 1 day (thank you) Security help us our luggage until room. Room is sufficient for our family. Many grocery and restaurant surrounding hotel. Surrounding hotel is nice and safe for relax with children.

• Studio

The smell in the place is horrible. Smells like cocroach spray and food combined. Value for money - very poor with this smell.

The staff were friendly and nice

• Deluxe Studio

Was staying in Armani for £400/day but moved to this hotel based on rating and because it was nearer to our friends in city. Paid £300/day and what a waste. Was told by staff that usually the rooms in there goes for £60/£70/day so you can imagine the rip off when we paid £300 trusting the rating. Was told internet is not free (and this when I paid £300/day)! If you have paid anything beyond £100 for this apartment, shop around. In dubai, you can get 5* for £250 and above even in busy times.

it's a horrible value for money if you have paid £300/day like I did.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Studio

The table is small, the furnitures arent kids friendly,i suggest that the corners of the table should be cushioned

The space is so perfect for the whole family

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Studio

Upon checking out there was one guy in front office that had his grumpy face on. It doesn't look inviting.

The breakfast at The Wharf was AMAZING! you could feed a family of 4. hahahaha. We ate it until lunch and was stuffed!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Studio

they charge for internet and thts sad.

We liked the quick service...like we went there at a very short notice like in 3 a.m at nite and the person at the reception was very quick,he didnt keep us waiting for formalities...our room was ready in minutes.That was very courteous.Thnks.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Studio

We need to remind for our requested slippers before they sent to us.There was one staff ( from laundry) who woke us up early in the morning (like 8:30)with a doorbell just to ask if we have clothes to send for laundry which is the reason why were not able to sleep anymore. And also the doors, its not noise proof.we can hear the next room watching TV with loud volume and even singing or laughing even from our room.

We like the location near to our place

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Studio

I checked-in @ 8pm and it went really smooth. Booked a studio and I got a one bed apartment! I requested for late check out @ 2pm the next day and they gladly granted it. Great deal I must say

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Studio

every thing should be better

Late in preparation the room on time waiting more one hour to check in they not change the bed covers which was dirty giving a room beside to the garbage area

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Studio

Inconsistent freebies, since I already booked 7 times with them, last time the wifi was not provided.SMELLY room (specially the shower curtain) which is unacceptable.

Room size is good enough, staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Studio

Very nice just a potty that u have to pay for WiFi I the room and it was free in reception. Then they make u pay up front for WiFi breakfast combination that os not refundable if u don't use it

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Studio

In bathroom they don't provide toothbrush and pest.

Excellent experience feel like my home. Kitchen facility very nice. Comfortable bed. One of my best hotel in ny list. Very good.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Studio

WIFI Facility was not provided inside the room at Free, it was told they charge extra for that if we need in the room the charges were very high.

Facilities available in the room

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Studio

The wi-fi should be complimentary to the stay, rather than negotiating the price with the customers. Wi-fi is a basic necessity and this kind of negotiation for the payment doesn't suit the standard of a 4* hotel like Chelsea. I had to really press hard to get the complimentary wi-fi access and that too only on one device :) . The wifi signal is really weak in the rooms, even though the router might lie very near to your head. The on duty cleaner sometimes didn't clean the room properly on some days, this points to 5 days within the length of stay. They also reduced the number of towels from two to one within 2-3 days, which was not acceptable.

The duty manager was always courteous to enquire about the stay. The room was comfortable as well.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Studio

water (from the shower) could have been hotter

friendly attentive staff. manager/supervisor made himself known/available just to say hi and ask if all was well

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Studio

Excellent rooms, cooperative reception staff and very excellent room service, Location ideal near ibne batuta mall at 1 km, mosque very near, metro at 2 km, while cab available every time. Inside hotel grand car parking.

Browse Chelsea Gardens Hotel Apartment traveller photo gallery