Reviews of Comfort Inn Hotel Deira 3 stars

Al Rigga Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#215 of 384 hotels in Dubai

Great Location but a Bad Hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Rooms are quite small. Parking space very congested Mattresses where like hard as rock and pillows too. Bed is small for an 6 foot guy. No enough and proper toiletries, towels, napkins, no tissues and no complimentary water and coffee. Basic TV channels and are useless.

Location Easily accessible to public transportation Lots of Restaurants and markets nearby which are open 24 hours

Best hotel (price/benefits) in this part of Dubai.

1. The temperture in the room is low because of the air-conditioner. The regulator on the wall (though it's a high class - Honeywell) doesn't let you regulate the temperature properly - after the shower you can easily catch a cold. So I had to turn it off, then turned it on after 30-60 minutes because the humidity in Dubai is very high and only AC helps, so on and on. In the night I had to open one window a bit having the air-conditioner turned on to have a comfort tempeature in the room. This problem is tipical for most hotels or buildings in Dubai, I don't know, may be one has to get more accustomed to feel comfortable everywhere in here. So it's possibly not the hotel' problem but the general one. 2. The hotel admin has to check and replace about half of all the irons and ironing boards in the hotel. You can easily spoil your clothes with the martyred irons that are offered on some floors, some boards are also very mortyred. The rest is cool and pleasant.

In general - good hotel in a very good place (distance from the airport which affects the taxi price (only-20AED), very small distance from the nearest metro station UNION - 300 meters). You have lots of places where to eat around the hotel, a small supermarket right in front of the hotel, small distance between hotel and malls, shops, places of interest. All by foot - no need to take taxi !!! Very-very tasty pistachio ice-cream in the Syrian sweets shop about 500-600 m from the hotel. Not far from beach. Even local businessmen told me the hotel is in a great place with a great logistics. The hotel is very tidy, the service is really good. The English at the reception is on a very good level. Wi-Fi Internet speed and quality is very good. Will surely recommend the hotel for a business trip or a family tour if you count your money and/or can't afford a hotel or a flat in Marina district. The pool in the hotel is small but who needs the pool when there's a wonderfull sea shore and beaches. ADVISE: 1. Book the room at least for the first night at the BOOKING.COM to get a lower price as if you don't have a booking the price is 30% higher. I.e. 137AED(with BOOKING.COM) for a single room instead of 180AED if you don't have a booking. And remember that taxes are not included in the price at BOOKING.COM, only mentioned below the price which is tax free. So the real price is not $29 but $38 for a single room or a room with a double bed. The other nights will be at the same price as with BOOKING.COM . 2. If you don't have a AC converter as all Dubai wall power sockets are different from EU/US ones - you can charge your phone easily from the TV USB port or in the WC shaver power socket.

Good location, but nothing special
    • Standard Single Room

There were some reconstructions going on during my stay. The pool is really small and it's accessible just during the day - I would prefer earlier morning or evening, especially in the extreme heat. The overall cleanliness could be better.

Good location close to Union Metro Station and Dubai Creek, as well as close to the Airport. The room was comfortable. I also liked the selection at the breakfast buffet.

It would have been nice if there's kettle and selection of tea n coffee aavailable in the room instead of calling and ask for it.

Very helpful and courteous staff.

Comfort in Dubai
    • Standard Single Room

I am ok with them...they didn't let me down

The location, as it wasn't far from the airport, then there were so many shopping malls around plus restaurants and cafes, and union metro is located nearby...

I’d have “liked” a bit of it if the staff were friendly or...

The receptionists were awful! especially the night shift Indian guy as he was nonprofessional, impolite, and honestly ruined my whole perspective of my stay. Also the parking facility is a disaster! Small spaces and very limited.

I’d have “liked” a bit of it if the staff were friendly or helpful enough.

Budget hotel near the airport so good option if you have an early flight

It was very noisy as it seemed people kept going in and out of neighbouring rooms and we could hear all of it. Also there is a ceiling lamp (alarm?) that is always on so that if you are light sensitive you need an eye mask

Close to the airport so if you need to stay just one night for an early flight this is a good option.

I like that the rooms are connecting
    • Interconnecting Room

Pool timings is from 8am -6pm only. Other hotels are until 9pm. Since we came late around 6:30pm we are expecting that we could have a dip but no, it was already closed. Also, I paid cash for our room and right after I checked the card that I used for reservation if they deducted any amount for prepayment, but no they didn’t deduct any. After we checked out around afternoon upon checking again my card there was a hold amount of 269aed. I thought at first it was fine, maybe they will give it back after 1 day but no it was already 4days I haven’t got back the money so I called my bank. They said, comfort inn has to confirm to them that we already paid to remove the hold in my money. So I called comfort inn hotel. I spoke with the one who answered my call a Kabayan Guy (lucky for him I havent got his name) and he said that it is their company policy and I have to wait for 21days before getting my money back!!! I told him i have booked a hotel for so many times and this is the first time that it happened. He even told me that “so it means you are not reading our terms and conditions” that was so rude, fyi Mister your policy states “pre”payment should be deducted before arrival of your guests and not after they checked out! After few minutes i received notification that money has been returned. See! You could just say sorry and tell me that you will fix it as soon as possible then I will accept it but no that kabayan guy opted to be rude to me instead. So I will not be coming back again to your hotel and will not recommend it to my friends. To Mister Kabayan Guy , you are in a hospitality kind of job and service so you should be hospitable and accomodating. If you don’t like your job then leave don’t drag down your hotel name just because of you and your rudeness.

I like that the rooms are connecting

Good price for Dubai

The final price paid included other taxes that were not mentioned when booking like : tourism tax, municipality tax. It is a bit far from the new Dubai but can be easily reached by metro or bus.

The room was ok, the staff was nice.

As usual, very satisfactory

I have stayed here many times over the last 12 years. The staff are extremely helpful, the location is perfect for easy access to Union Station and to Al Ghurair Mall. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast adequate although the selection this time was somewhat limited.

WiFi is good, everything is nearby

Never booked the deserts safari from the hotel, the driver we had was rude, while he was driving, he constantly use his phone, end up we had big accident, we were very lucky to be safe, but we had lost about 45 minutes, we did complain to the hotel desk, but we don’t know after that

Location and staff was good

all over nice and clean hotel
    • Standard Triple Room

improvement needed in bathrooms , renovation

location near union metro station and near shopping mall Al Ghurair. room size is comfortable. nice clean environment.

Room size small ,food r limited ,not feel comfirtable

when i book hotel for my trip ,It has show swimming pool facility but when i reached there ,Hotel management say s swimming pool and Jacquexe facility in limited time 9am to 3pm . I m on business exhibition trip, I cannot avail this opportunity due to limited time offer for pool When i required cup for making green tea in my room they never provide me

swimming pool and attitude of some morning staff they r busy...

swimming pool and attitude of some morning staff they r busy with construction everyday so we didnt went to pool coz of construction plus every morning they start there work making lots of noise so we cannot sleep also further location was fantastic...

First they give me handicap room where the wash room was...

First they give me handicap room where the wash room was worst as no tub & during bath water block on floor . When i tell them to change room they give me the room on 7th floor exact down of of drilling ,hammering & maintnace work was going on exact above on my room . I have videos for it. When i complain they told they cant do anything .

worth the money

no oven

We checked in at the last moment and that too through booking.com. They entertained us well. and the checkout was good. the beach shuttle was nice.

We had a pleasant stay. Fast internet. The staff were accommodating with our request.
    • Interconnecting Room

No coffee service in the room.

My children and I loved the meal deal at AED29, its delicious with big servings. Shuttle Service to the City Center Mall is a plus.

Whether you are alone or with family, Comfort Inn is like your home.
    • Standard Single Room

The stay was like a home away from home. Nothing negative. Whenever I visit Dubai, Comfort Inn would be my first choice. The food was nice and value for money!!

The stay was good but Dubai has become an expensive city
    • Standard Triple Room

The price was quite high as there were too many taxes added to the initial price

The location was good close to shops and not far from train station. The staff was friendly

Comfortable and cozy
    • Standard Single Room

Money, nothing is complimentary and was charged more at arrival. Trying to find was a bit difficult due to no big sign boards as it's not at main road

Good support, clean environment, Internet access

OK place, good value for money.

Nothing in particular, but the hotel could use some improvements overall.

Good location, close to Union metro station and to a 24hours supermarket, also close to a Carrefour supermarket, nice staff, decently clean.

They change bed sheets everyday 😊

Why is it that it will take 3weeks to return back the payment you made online? We booked online and why the hotel did asked cash payment again? Even if without the card, as long as it was successfully debited to my cousins account, the hotel should not ask for the cash payment. Or better be, give back the money to the account as soon as possible. Not that it will take 3weeks.

They change bed sheets everyday 😊

It was chewing gum at the lamp close to the bed lamp but generally clean. This is not new hotel but good for this place if you are not going to spend most of the time in hotel room.

Great location - 5 minutes to Union metro station, lot of restaurants and shops around. Swimming pool at the roof. Nice staff. Easy to find.

My stay was good despite small discomforting things. I recommend this hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Wi-fi internet in the hotel wasn't that reliable, i couldnt make online calls via viber; jakoozi in the swimming pool got broken and in the last three days of my stay they didnt fix it.

Location near the metro and opposite the supermarket; swimming pool on the rooftop

Nice location!

Should invest more in renovation of bathrooms, use bleaching agents for towels, they look grey

Location is good, fair price, the staff is really helpfull, cleaning the rooms every day

The hotel is near to the subway (200m), supermarkets, and...
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is near to the subway (200m), supermarkets, and just 10mins away from the airport! Very nice location, nice staff and the room had plenty of space.

Highly recommended for budget.

Extremely amazing - Cooperative Staff , Free Shuttle services to Dubai Outlet Mall and Beech. Clean Environment, Excellent location with just 3 mins walk to Metro Station

Excellent hotel, loved it.
    • Standard Single Room

Booking.com never credited my credit card with the $25 discount, as promised.

This hotel is above my budget but I stayed in it because booking.com promised a $25 discount. Hotel is very good, and other than not receiving the promotional discount I trusted I will receive, everything was good.

Staff attitude is not suitable for a professional hotel. Otherwise we might have given a good rating
    • Standard Triple Room

Staff attitude is not suitable for a professional hotel. May be lack of proper training! Otherwise, we might have given a good rating.

Great location and value for money

excellent location but unconfortable bed

The bed is horrible. This is the only thing that will stop me from coming back. It is not comfortable and old. The bedding is not enough. If you are taller than 5 .6 maybe you need to check with the hotel and request bigger bed. Also, maybe the managment can invest in making the hotel stylish as there is no theme and please... remove the plastic flowers. They only collect dust and gives a cheap vibe. Better coffee for breakfast please.

the location is excellent ( next to a big mall, union metro station and lots of resturants) and it is great value for money. Staff are helpful and friendly.

Great locaion and value for money!

Everyone have their own preference of pillows and beddings. I like very thin and soft pillows but in the hotel, they were pretty thick and not so soft. In other hotels, I see variety of pillows unlike here. there were only two pillows and both very thick and pretty hard. The receptionists looked like zombies. Two of them, so very dead and unhappy apparently. The concerige staff was great though. Mr. Hussain and an elderly security staff were very helpful. I’d have given full marks if reception staff was a bit pleasant and welcoming.

Location! 5 mins walk from union station, close to airport and 5 mins walk from the huge Al ghurair mall. Spacious and very clean rooms. Opposite to a grocery store.

Good price for a clean room in a slightly dodgy area.

Staff at the reception could have been more friendly, they basically never greeted and didn't allow our friends to come up to our room. No kettle or slippers in the room. Provided shampoo was bad, bring your own. The area is a little dodgy (people asking you on the street if you want to buy the new Iphone) and nothing much happening there. The much nicer (but more expensive) area by the beach is quite far from there (around 45 min).

Room was clean and metro station (both lines) very close. A street with many restaurants (mainly fast food) and other chains (e.g. Starbucks) just across the street behind the hotel. Very good price for the room and Dubai. 20 min to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

Excellent location and spacious room

paid water

Excellent location - the metro is within walking distance, it is easily accessible from the airport. The room is spacious, clean with a comfortable bed and everything you need. The only strange thing - paid water, usually hotels provide water for free. But there is a shop just across the road in a couple of minutes of walking, where you can buy everything you need. The staff performs all requests very quickly - there were no kettle and toothpaste in the room, so they were immediately brought it after my request.

Good for reasonable price

Swimming pool is very small. Bathroom is quite exhausted and needs renovation.

Good location next to a big subway station. Good wi-fi. We liked breakfasts.

Perfect location for our needs a

The breakfast buffet was adequate, but lacked some appeal

Wthe hotel provides comfort and is in a very practical location. One can reach local stores, shuttle to shopping centre and walk to Metro

Due to rush booking of hotel, didn't expect that it was just nice overall.
    • Standard Single Room

Less entertainment channels in the room. But had TFC in the cafe though.

They had a filipino buffet and location was just nice. Everyone should try it.

Safe location, value for money, courteous staff at all times.

Would like to have a Kettle in room.

I have been staying at this hotel everytime i visit dubai since 2015. Never had any problems with the staff, location or the level of service provided on each visit. Actual location is 38 street parallel to Al Rigga road. Most taxi drivers know this hotel and for some you may need to mention other landmarks like the Al Ghurair mall, Lotus downtown etc. 5 min walk to Union metro which connects to both red and green line. Airport can be reached in 20-15 mins depending on time of day. Spoilt for choice when it comes to food in this area. All major chains are within walking distance and plenty of choice for world cuisine.

The location was very near to the metro station.

The staff was not friendly nor helpful. The housekeeping was not clean.the bed and pillows were uncomfortable, and the noises were too much.

The location was very near to the metro station.

i like ze hotel n location.good breakast.

there should be a heater in ze room in winter.

bed is comfrotable.room is very clean.everyday my bedsheets n pillow cases has bn changed n room cleaning every day. i cn say everything is good location also.security was very helpful.i cn say i will go at ze same hotel again.no noise at all.e

Great stay, friendly staff!

The bed was somehow not cozy enough. A but hard for my liking..

The location is great! only a short walking distance from the metro station. A shopping mall is also in the same perimeter.

Okay

It's the first time that I ever stayed in a hotel rate-able over 3 star and they never got a kettle and water in the room as standard! What a shocker! Paid for bottled water in the room.

The breakfast is okay for the price compared to alternatives. Otherwise a good hotel close to Metro train station with easy access to airport and other place.

I called in Room service to place a order but on one picked...

I called in Room service to place a order but on one picked up the call thier is 3 extension no. Was mentioned but not a single one picked up. Then I ordered the food from out side the hotel.

I went back disappointed

everything would have been perfect if It wasn t stolen my sunglasses from my room. When I went to the reception to announce that they disappeared (worth about 200 euros) they told me that they do not answer the missing things because there is a safe reception where you can leave precious things. There is no safe in the room and I have not been announced from the beginning of the exist of the seif on reception until it was too late

all the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, the hotel looks good, the excellent price ratio, close to the metro but away from the center of the city

I would come again to the hotel,and i advise the breakfast menu will be improved!

I got a look on the breakfast, that was very poor and doesn't fit the image of the hotel!

Clean room, comfortable beds,quiet atmosphere at the hotel, very good location near Metro station and commercial facilities,

Don’t expect much from this hotel, and book it if there is a good discount

It was very cold even under 2 blankets, so I caught a cold at the beginning of the stay. When I asked for hot water (to take a pill and I had my own cup), hotel asked to pay for it. What’s more it’s 6 AED for just hot water (and that money for just one cup, so if you need more, pay more). That is ridiculous.

It’s clean and very conveniently located (close to subway, buses and shopping mall)

Good value, not posh but comfortable
    • Standard Single Room

Noisy rooms, could hear neighbors scraping chairs and kids running about. Ear plugs worked tho

Clean, near tram stop, water way and main road with restaurants- some local as well Large rooms for money

I had a great stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was excellent. WiFi was good.

A minor complaint - Too much noise from the phone ringing in the corridor outside my room (I presume it was reception contacting the housekeeping staff)

Staff were excellent - especially the bellboys and housekeeping l.

Very good stay
    • Standard Single Room

I was happy because of the great location , you can find food easily around you , also transportation from metro to taxi is also available near you

- Clean
    • Standard Single Room

- Looks a little bit “old fashioned” - it may have been modern a few years ago, but now it is not. - Pool is open during the day a few hours

- Clean - God internet acces - good value for money

expect house keeping over all our stay was good

very bad house keeping.not able to provide even empty cups and sugar packets to make our own coffee ,staff was bit rude about it.

inter connecting room fecilites was good

We spent nice days in this hotel, the annoying noises should be decreased somehow.

There was an annoying sound overnight (as is somebody were using a washing machine every night) and the sound of a near building construction could be heard. If somebody is sensitive for noises it is recommended to bring an ear-plug.

The breakfast was good. The staff members and receptionists were very polite and helpful (they helped to solve our problem with a desert safari, we shouldn't need to pay the price of phone calls). They allowed for free to store our baggage even some hours after the check-out.

This hotel is very good but also the staff goes the extra miles with their customer service

I would say the night shift manager .He is from India origin because he was unprofessional when dealing with a issue.

I liked the room .The hotel have very good location.It is so near to all tourist attractions.You sleep peaceful no disturb from others guest.It have 24 hrs shop opposite of the hotel ,If you need to get some food or drinks .Staff are very friendly and helpful .i will definitely recommend to my friends and family but also will come back in March to stay in the hotel .The hotel is good for families too.

Home away from home

I must stop and count how many times me and my daughter were in this lovely hotel... This time I want to admire hotels staff. To start with Hussain at the reception, and Lalaine at the restaurant and Faruk, lifeguard at he swimming pool. And all the others from housekeeping staff and room cleaning. You guys make us feel at home every time!

Bad ac, bad wifi, very noisy.

Bad ac, bad wifi, very noisy. We accidentally made a booking with wrong dates and called booking.com 5 min after the booking was made. Booking.com advised us to try to solve it locally. However the hotel wasnt willing to change the dates, we end up loosing €50 for one night. Totally rude staff, not able and not willing to help solve our problem.

Good location with basic facilities

Room lacks many things, no safe, small TV, poor quality toiletries, the bed is kind of stiff and no sound insulation as you can hear echo from other rooms/floors

The location is great as you are just a walking distance from Union Metro station and also shops and restaurants.

Great value for price during December .

The reception staff at night was rude and impolite. Wifi speed is a bit slow

Great value for price during December . Rooms are clean and the hotel had a renovation recently . Location is very convenient being close to Union metro station , you can also find a 247 super market right in front of the hotel . Unlike many similar hotels in that area, there is no night clubs hitting the hotel till late nights, here is very quiet .

Over all it was nice

Room was bit small

Stay was very nice loved the location It has everything you need around it 25 hours super market union Metro Station and all cuisines resturants at very very good price and AL ghurair mall too Only isue was room was bit small if room was bit bigger I would have rated it full.

GOOD, better than what I had expected, will visit again
    • Standard Single Room

Mediocre breakfast, range and quality can be improved, a decent cup of coffee (instead of hot water, instant coffee powder and cold milk) in the morning will be very welcoming.

Friendly staff, good value for money, easily accessible, comfortable bed, clean linen, overall GOOD

over all experience is just okok, But i have to agree with price that i afford is just fair.
    • Interconnecting Room

Beds they provided are pathetic, Rugs is the worst i fear there are bed bugs in the rugs for sure. there is no sound proof in any of the room, all voices and sound from other rooms are clearly audible.

Price

They didn't accept that my girlfriend who arrive in the...
    • Standard Single Room

They didn't accept that my girlfriend who arrive in the morning from the airport just have a shower in my room the guy was not comprehensive asking the half of the price just for 20 min...

If you don't mind the noise It's a reasonable priced hotel close to a metro.

The wifi is a little intermittent which is a nuisance. The hotel is just too noisy. You can hear people talking in the next room. Sound echoes throughout the corridors and the gap between the door and the floor ensures you hear everything. People leave the hotel at all hours and the locking mechanism ensures the doors cannot be closed quietly. It was just a sound trap.

The staff were pretty likable. They always seemed pleasant and prepared to help and there was a hotel bus to a mall and the beach

The amazing bell boys Abdulhamid and Edisson they were very...
    • Standard Single Room

The 2 ladies of the reception (Melanie and...?) very rude and cold...

The amazing bell boys Abdulhamid and Edisson they were very professional and helpful. The room service staff also is very nice the food is always perfect and the delivery very fast.

Excellent location for traveller that intends to visit Dubai using mainly the metro station.

Water in the room is not free and internet connection is not that good. Hotel is far from the beach.

Excellent location of the Hotel close to Union Metro station and Al Ghurair Shopping Mall. You can easily use the metro station to visit the main attactions of Dubai (except the beach).

Nice hotel as usual and all the staff except this receptionist is very nice
    • Standard Single Room

I am very disappointed about the receptionist Melanie. She is very rude and not helpful at all I extended my stay for 5 more days she woke me up very early by calling in my room to tell me that I have to pay for the 5 more days. She could have wait to call in a decent hours and plus she was very rude. Even when I asked for any information she always answer in a rude way I am very disappointed this is the first time I see one employee of this hotel being that rude.

I am used to come to this hotel since 2 years in general the staff is very friendly and the room are very clean thanks to the cleaners.

seven good days looking around and resting in a confortable hotel

One worker in the entrance of the hotel with a strange behaviour by oposition of another who stays during the night who is very kind and polite. Also in the reception desk, diring the night, one worker who is not polite at all. The house keepers in the corridors are very kind and helpfull.

I didnt have breakfast at the hotel! About the bed and the confort of the room, it was ok! Also the toilet was clean and everything working well there.

Not pleasent

Old furniture and no heater in the room and the fact that the floor has no carpet

Old furniture not comfortable at all the room was cold and no carpet on the floor and that makes it worst and no coffee maker or tea not even complaimenrty water. And the parking entrance very narrow but the hotel location was good

the parking entrance is so tight and the staff is not...

the parking entrance is so tight and the staff is not friendly - one time i came back and my room door wouldn't open they had to re activate the card or something

Good experience

They need to make a solution for the rooms with connection because of the cigarettes smell it is preferable to keep the floors of non smoking separated then smoking floors

Location ; staff especially Nabil : internet very fast everything was good i enjoyed it i will visit next time.

It was fantastic and we loved the room and the reception of our wedding.

some toiletries are not provided but if you call them ,,,they will give.

We booked for two nights and we booked the restaurant for our wedding reception. It was all worth it. The food was great and the staff were really helpful. It was the best two days of our lives.Thank you so much.

enjoyed and would book again

everything really is fine.

place is very nice . close to all kind of places.,,walking distance .we enjoyed shoping round .. its close to metro as well .one can manage very nicely .

A good 3 star hotel with good prices and position
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast could be little bit better.. Cause is a 3 star hotel I cant pretend too much but..it miss bacon and chocolate cream and some hot food could be replace with some more international one.

Very good position 5 min walk to the Metro, old furniture but clean room and clean bathroom, no too much noise except cause the guest sometime. Staff is very kind. In fact is one of the best 3 star hotel in Dubai.

Good location, just few steps from the Union metro station.
    • Standard Single Room

There is a lot of food served for breakfast, but its quality is not very high.

Good location, just few steps from the Union metro station. Nice and clean room for a reasonable price. Friendly staff. Wi-fi works very well in the room. I think I will come back here next time I will visit Dubai.

+ Great value for money

- Far away from the beaches and main attractions

+ Great value for money + Everyday cleaning + Close to the metro station + Close to the supermarket + A lot of cheap and nice bars/restaurants near + Helpful staff

terrible

everything. the size the bed. basically EVERYTHING , there isnt slippers provided,

Bed is a bit small, so small I dont know if its the standard single bed. the price is not reasonable, it was 240 AED booking.com for 2 pax and they have pre authorized the card for 347 AED withour breakfast. Other 3 star are cheaper than with much nicer facilities. Although the resevation over the phone is accommodating to resolve your issue, either way the advert from BOOKING.COM is misleading should have the right amount prior to purchase.

Fine for a night stay...but below expectation.
    • Standard Single Room

The bed was not soft & even the linen felt worn out and old. The breakfast was charged separately even after making a booking incl. breakfast. The breakfast was very basic & not value for money. Even the coffee was required to be prepared by the guest. No drinking water available within the room. The one available was chargeable. Overall not a good experience considering that this a 3-star hotel.

The location and the availability of the parking were a big plus. The Wi-Fi connectivity was fine however could not link multiple devices - only one allowed.

Browse Comfort Inn Hotel Deira traveller photo gallery