Reviews of Copthorne Hotel Dubai 4 stars

Port Saeed, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#199 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Superior Twin Room with City View

I liked how fast they answered my queries and request. I requested for a simple thing and they exceed all what I asked for by providing and being so generous with my request

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite City View

Our experience was flawless. Ibrahim on the front desk was extremely helpful. He made sure our room was ready even before we came for check in. We didn't expect much but he gave us 5-star service, smooth and easy. We wanted to highlight his excellent service as we don't get this much from other hotels and we hope the management do something for him. Our room was superb, got everything we needed. Hotel facilities were also great. It was also located next to restaurants, the metro and a mall. Definitely coming back to this hotel.

• Superior Twin Room with Creek View

I didnt like wifi is so limited. I book 1 bedroom and no complete condiments are there. But the room is nice i like it and im comfortable.

The staff who accommodates me shoutout to Ms Marites, i didnt got her full name. Shes so kind and approachable. She didnt miss that its my birthday the day I checked in.

• Superior King Room with City View

i can honestly say that there's nothing i didn't like about the place.

We check-in late at night and ask if we could check-out a little bit later than 12 noon and they were more than willing to do so. Also the hotel upgraded us to a suite which is very spacious and comfortable.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The bath tub is not clean, dirt is coming out of it so we weren't able to use it. The key cards are not working properly as well, we have to try it multiple times in order to get inside the room.

Staff are nice. Great location.

• Superior King Room with City View

everything is just around the corner.. restaurants, mall, metro, bus station.. Everything just perfect! From the reception, room, breakfast area, pool area.. and of course there very accommodating staffs!

Nothing much

Nice hotel in a great location. Neat and clean room and bathroom. Staffs are very polite and helpful. Really enjoyed the stay and looking forward to stay more in this property

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Wi fi needs to be updated to allow for multiple devices. Oly 2 connections allowed in a 2 bedroom apartment was not enough for business guests

Location good and staff pleasant

none

They provided us service which is more than any other hotels. Food was ok.. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Very nice room. They value their customers. very clean hotel and parking is sufficient

Ac, breakfast

Please take my reviews in a construtive way Breakfast was not at all good because we had only omellete rest of the things we had but didn't taste good at all. Otherwise everything is good about this hotel I don't have any issues Your staff are really good especially housekeeping staff saw them only smiling. At front desk maritess is a well spoken lady felt the professionalism in her. Check out experience was also good as I saw this Asian girl very pleasing with a very nice smile. Overall everything was good except AC and Breakfast.

• Superior Twin Room with Creek View

I paid for Creek view to have the construction view. The cleanliness of the room needs improvement, there was dust all over the room and the bathroom was tiles was all dirty and needs to be re-grouted. Glass windows were dirty (normal in Dubai during this period) and the black-out curtain was damaged. Bedside telephone was faulty. TV channel signal was grainy. Bath towels were already worn out and needs replacement. Was planning to stay again next week but now reconsidering after this experience.

Location was good and serves the purpose of my short visit. Service was good with the Telephone operator and Housekeeping as well the welcoming smile from the Concierge.

• Superior King Room with City View

Don't have any music channel other is ok

Everything is okay all stuff have good coordinate very clean room velow money I hope next time also I'm go there

• Superior Twin Room with Creek View

Please upgrade the pool for the little grown ups who doesn't want to use the kiddie pool anymore. I am a bit afraid for my kids safety because a bigger portion of the adult pool is so deep.

The place is awesome. What I love the most is the warm welcome of the staffs specially the Filipino Front Desk staff who assist us in all our needs and queries. We will definitely go back here!

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Merely nothing to complain this time as the room given was neat n clean

Neat n clean room. Relatively new furniture and bathroom was nice.... beds comfortable.... even Jacozi inside.... wow.... the staff is great specially Saeed and Ezzeldin are best buddies... would definitely come again....

• Superior King Room with City View

when we get there there's no tooth brush, we have to call the reception and ask. but its fine

The hotel location is good, near to the metro station , shopping centers , mosque and restaurants. and they are not that much strict for guest so its awesome.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

I wouldn't go back again. The hotel is quite old and my corridor smelled of sigarettes. Room are large and clean but wifi is terrible: you can only connect two devices per room (doesn't it matter how many people in the room which is absurd). I didn't use the pool, looked kinda dirty...

• Superior King Room with City View

Had to call the hotel to remove the credit card pre-authorisation three weeks later.

Very helpful staff. Wi-Fi saved a fortune in data phone usage. Convenient and quick access to the airport, good shopping mall and Metro in walking distance. Great value for Dubai.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite City View

Very accessible to metro and clean

I like those people who are very accommodating and approachable specially Michael and Waleed these people should give appreciations for their services to Hotel and to customer/other people, they have a good customer services.You should keep these people in your company.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The hotel is in fantastic area and easy to move around by taxis , i love this area for this reason. Hotel also offers a shuttle to the beach several times daily which is a bonus. The staff are so friendly cannot thank ezzeldin on reception for his kindness, and always happy to chat with me, he is a real credit to this hotel the rest of the staff also could not do enough for you, always happy and smiling even during ramadan . The rooms are huge and spacious and have everything you could possibly need, even though hotel is next to big mosque did not hear any of the calls to prayer so rooms are sound proofed. Will definitely be recommending this hotel to all my customers and i will be using myself for all my future trips.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite City View

Some construction going on nearby

We stayed in 2 bed apartment. It had 2 bathrooms. Good breakfast.We went 2 hrs early and they didn't say anything. Metro and Deira city center mall nearby.

Nothing. Everything is perfect

Everything. Great location, comfortable, spacious rooms and amazing staffs. Especially Roma of reception. And the housekeeping. They are all great

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

The furniture very old and had lots of spots. Fittings also very old and rusty inside kitchen and bathrooms

Staff good easy location nearby shoping and dining options

• Superior King Room with City View

Booking.com and the property.

Either Booking.com or the property always have caused me an issue with my CC. While Booking.com can charge my card Euro 1.00, the property could not validate my card. I have consistently had this issue. And have to update my card with Booking .co. with the same information. And the service from Booking.com is getting worse. Where is their email. How can I contact Booking.com Very dissatisfied with my experience with bot,

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

the attitude of the reception the welcome of the hotel was very bad rooms were not prepared no towels not clean a lot of insects. noisy a construction is going on.

nothing except its near to shopping centre

• Superior King Room with City View

Only one thing I would suggest - Either provide bathroom mats outside- because the tiles were really slippery after a shower and falling down on the, wouldn't result in a good way.

Booked at Copthrone after a long flight from Qatar and wanted to just get a shut eye before we embarked on our next flight to Kuwait. We arrived there on May 18 early morning - around 4am and wasn't sure if the hotel would accommodate late check ins - To our surprise - the person in charge at the reception area - Mr Said was more than accommodating and was generous enough to give us 2 hours late check out and also upgraded us from a Standard view room to a 1BHK Suite. We were surprised when we got there - The rooms were airy and spacious and the bed was the most comfortable - Before we even knew we were fast asleep - The construction from outside did not bother us and also the curtains were thick and long enough to not let any daylight into the room. Perfect snooze session after a long day's travel trip. The breakfast options were really good value for money and I love how they separated the restaurant to serve guests during Ramadan. Will definitely come back again!

😉

The ambience was really good hotel staff are friendly and very accommodating specially Ms Tess of Reception she’s really nice and approaching. She has the good smile, quality of being in front and her engagement with the guest was awesome. We enjoyed our stay and for sure to visit again soon to your place. Thumbs up! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Superior King Room with City View

Would of been nice if it had a bar

I was upgraded to the suite free of charge, breakfast was good, Thanks Ziad at the reception, 5 minute walk to the Deira Mall, plenty of restaurants close by also not far to the airport.

• Superior King Room with City View

what we don’t like is the bed’s comforters as well as the pillows. they are full of dust mites, meaning they’re not changing or checking. my wife got hospitalized after our stay just for one night during our anniversary.her body was full of rashes and as per the hospital, it came from linens from the hotel.

staff are very kind and helpful and the place is accessible to restaurants and mall.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The hospitality was horrible. Housekeeping service was not upto the mark. Toiletries were not supplied regularly. In dental kit the toothpaste was hard to flow out. Water is not served as and when needed. Bath towels and other useful towels were not supplied regularly. Staff promise to offer you complimentary gifts for long stay but during your exit they only say sorry we forgot to arrange for you..

Swimming pool was clean

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Room was extra big and hence cleaning was impossible, the staff not at par with standards. The quality does not go with what's depicted with 4 star.

Hardly anything except for the location.

• Superior King Room with City View

There was just only one Front Office Team Member who's juggling between entertaining us and answering the phone at the same time. He clearly doesn't have a focus and not very friendly at all. We got this room on 14th floor - near the Spa and it was weird because it's like entering a door connecting to three rooms. The room stinks and the beddings look very old. The curtains smells "smoke" so as the whole room. We were transferred to another room after complaining so much and thankfully the room we got in the end is so much better for what we've paid for. The breakfast - don't even go there! start your day right somewhere else!

The location is super close to Deira City Centre and lots of restaurants.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

Very bad service. They dont have a scheduled time to clean the room. They dont keep towel after cleaning the room. You have to inform house keeping 2-3 times for all your requests. Receptionists are very rude. Rooms are very basi. Not good as shown in pictures. Old rooms and old furnitures. Very dissapointing. You are hungey in the morning? Yeah you have to wait untill 11 A.M. There restuarants opens at this time.

Location is in a good place. Deira city centre is near.

• Superior King Room with City View

if they provide phone chargers in the room it will be good and some welcoming fruits in the rooms

the wide room with hall swimming pool location friendly stuff

• Superior Room with Creek View

We need hotel only for one night with my husband. Booked Copthorne Hotel Dubai, room with queen bed. On our arrival with hubby, they provide us with room with twin bed. After long discussions and arguing with reception on phone, they decided to upgrade our room. Nice surprise was that it was upgrade to presidential suite :) we just payed taxes 15 aed for that.

Nice, clean hotel. It is not mu fiest stay in Copthorne, so I was expecting that.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

We went to that property to celebrate my daughters birthday with my parents who came from India just for this occasion. The check in time is at 2pm. Room wasn't ready even when we reached at 3.30pm and we had to wait for about an hour more. Our room was a 2 bedroom apartment with good furniture but very unclean apartment specially the washrooms. Maritess was very understanding she apologised and offered us complimentary dinner. However the dinner service was apauling. Food was dry and tasteless except for fish and chips. Breakfast next day was better but service again was a big problem. Staff had no motivation, passion or enthusiasm at all. Overall it was a very unpleasant experience for us. We were expecting a decent stay it being a brand like Copthorne. Me and my husband being in the hotel industry ourself, we do not criticize easily but an experience like this made us do it.

Maritess is the only lady who makes your stay a bit better and who is the asset to the company.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Breakfast was average Housekeeping didn't clean our room Spa was cold and not working properly

Free parking Large room and living area Reception staff were lovely

• Superior King Room with City View

Location near Deira City Center - 10 minutes to/from airport, cozy and clean room (including bathroom), reasonable rates, helpful staff (reception, doorman, etc.), good free Wi-Fi, shuttle buses to different sites were available

The staff were amazing and so helpful and friendly. Special mention to Ezzeldin and said who went out of her way to make us feel welcome, they is a credit to your hotel. Welcomes like this make you want to come back again. Just wish all my hotel experiences were as good as this one.

• Superior King Room with City View

No sun on the pool in the mornings. Construction next to the hotel but wasn't notified until we got to reception. No shuttle bus to the airport.

Good location, not far from the airport. Free shuttle bus to Kite beach.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite City View

The hotel exchange rate added an extra £89 to our booking, that’s very worrying The breakfast is not very continental, my sister and I only ate there once, it was not very nice and the options are limited. The pool closes at 6pm that was not stated on booking.com The Hotel does not handle complaints very well, the AC was not working they kept trying to fix it instead of changing our room therefore not allowing us to sleep. They do not offer refund if you check out early they claim it is non refundable, even though that was not what was booked. I will not advise anyone to stay there Pictures shows the maintenance guy in our room at 3:30 he did not leave until 5:20, my Sis sleeping in the living room because AC in the room was not working.

The location is very good, some of the staff are amazing.

• Superior King Room with City View

Old compared to other properties nearby. Breakfast not that great.

Closer to Metro and Airport. Front-desk Manager Tohamy Gad friendly and Helpful. Doorkeepers are friendly too.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

The rooms and furniture are a bit dowdy and tired. This is a steady reasonable low budget hotel. Not what I was expecting form a Copthorne really.

The size of the room was excellent and the desk staff and housekeeping were very good.

• Superior Twin Room with Creek View

Only thing I did not like is the replacement of water bottles and bath towels not dine in timely manner. 8 had to call the room service everytime to get it replaced.

It is located in the city center.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Nothing was in the kitchen !! As appartment we expected to have kitchen equipments but was only macrowave .. You need to request even for one small plate & etc

Large apartment , close to city centre and metro , Breackfast was good

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Service is very very poor, and nightmare for vegetarians. 95% of food was non-vegetarian. I have informed property before arrival for basic vegetarian breakfast, but nothing was done as courtesy or option. Ultimately we just had some fruits and bread. This hotel has no value , respect for vegetarians. We had to spend money for breakfast outside. Also service levels and staff are very substandard. Receptionist pretty rude. Must avoid this hotel in future.

Property location is okay, Room size fine.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite City View

Warm and friendly reception given by Mr. Ibrahim during check-in. He was very supportive all through. Since the booking I made was not available, he was very courteous by offering the best alternative and also complimentary breakfast. My family will fondly remember this place for its comfort, hospitality, value for money, best location and connectivity to all the major locations. I strongly recommend this place for families. Its our first Copthorne experience and it was memorable!

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

The elevators. Only two small elevators available for guests and each one took a lot of time to reach the floor. Had a bad time waiting for the elevators especially on weekends when the hotel is full...

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The reception staff was very good, except of Said who made a mistake and charged me some extra amount that was not applicable in my case. Fortunately, the problem was quickly resolved with the help of other receptionists.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite Creek View

Our apartment kitchen did not have cutlery and crockery, although we didn't ask due to the short stay.

Efficient check-in and out. Friendly helpful staff. Our 2-bedroom apartment was huge and clean with great views. Good value breakfast which we had included in the selected rate. The restaurant supervisor noticed I was only eating vegetables and offered to make me something extra - a nice touch. Close proximity to the airport, metro station and Deira city center mall.

• Superior Room with Creek View

The staff were amazing and so helpful and friendly. Special mention to Maritess who went out of her way to make us feel welcome, she is a credit to your hotel. Welcomes like this make you want to come back again. Just wish all my hotel experiences were as good as this one.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite Creek View

I stayed at the hotel copthorn for a week and I had a wonderful time. It is very close to metro station . I liked the facilities of the hotel the rooms are very comfortable and large the hotel is clean and new with amazing view .early check in was greatly appreciated. Professional staff (said) who was assisting us in professional way with French language. For sure i will com back again.

• Superior Twin Room with Creek View

Room service and house keeping to improve efficiency. Staffs were good and courteous but needs training to enhance quality of service.

Location. Very near Deira city centre and Dubai metro. Lots of eateries nearby.

• Superior Twin Room with Creek View

I would like to send my heart felt thanks to SAID, who was on reception on my arrival he organised my room promptly and upgraded my room. Allowed me and my partner to go to breakfast as we were only staying in the hotel for the day leaving in the evening and would not be there for breakfast next morning. He took pity on me at a time when I was stressed traveling back to the Uk after being told of the death of my mother, he had no knowledge of this but his kindness was of great comfort to me.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The room had a smell from the restaurant below. The room was not given a thorough cleaning each day. Also the sun is not on the pool until 11am.

Staff where helpful

• Superior Twin Room with City View

No antislip mat in bath and bath room my wife slipped and fell when getting out of bath , li Luckly escaped escaped serious injury except minor injury ,I had reported the incident to the reception and I was told he will inform the manager.no anti slip mat or towel provided.Bath room had 2 bath towels but no face towels provided.

Clean good location good staff

• Superior Room with Creek View

Location of the hotel is excellent Mr Said at the reception is very cooperative ,because of him our stay was more comfortable .The concierge staff was very helpful overall a wonderful experience

• Superior King Room with City View

The receptionist Mr. Said was very nice and he assisted as warmly and cordially. I love how comfortable the bed was and the location is very ideal for everything.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The price is not according to hotel ,services, breakfast. You can find get better & even cheaper price hotel in this amount.

Nothing special very normal hotel

• Superior Twin Room with City View

the professionalism of the staff, staff who served us first was rude and i was asked to pay money immediately for a hot chocolate instead of charging into our room charge. as my wallet was in my room, hot chocolate was not served and i had never seen a stupidity like this in any hotels.

the location and the upgrade

• Superior Room with Creek View

Check in take long time more than 1 hour, maintenance behind swimming pool and very noisy, construction area behind hotel and it’s really pollution and crowded

View very nice

• Superior Twin Room with City View

There was construction going on at the back where the pool area is, very noisy. There was a leak on the toilet that I reported but was just wiped and not fixed. Otherwise, I would have given it a better rating because they have fantastic staff.

The staffs, especially the receptionist, the telephone operator and the guy in the sauna area are very friendly and accommodating. There was also quick response when we had the fridge changed. The front office manager offered us juice whilst waiting for our room to be ready- that was extra service appreciated :)

• Superior King Room with City View

When i booked a hotel, location is definitely important. I would say that Copthorne has the perfect location and its very very convenient to anywhere in Dubai! Everything else was top notch. The staff was very friendly and all smiles! I definitely did not regret a single dollar booking Copthorne for my stay in Dubai for 6 nights! :)

• Superior Room with Creek View

Very poor stuff location mentioned not true They took more money for al khor view but in real it’s construction view! Every time i book by my mother visa and thats it they told me u must bring it with you and show it and also i lost my id and they refused to let me check in by a copy of it ! All night all day there is a voice for maintenance on our room Not recommended

• Superior Twin Room with City View

Some small things not working in the room here n there, remote was missing, tv too small few good channels. Lifts take time to get to you. Twin single beds merged are not a double bed!

Location is great near metro station and deira city center. Pool area is nice. Room is spacious. Great welcome from front desk regards to Fadi Al Ghaname and doormen. Couple of good osn channels on tv.

Gym were under renovation

The staff were friendly, but there were 3 that stood out to make my short stay a delightful one . Especially when i requested for a king size bed due to my health condition. Tess was very much helpful in transferring me to another room also wilson&nadeem have good customer service.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite City View

The fridge could be upgraded as I don’t think it was working.

The suite was luxurious and enjoyable for my family and I. The proximity to shopping and restaurants was awesome.

• Superior King Room with City View

Property is surrounded by construction sites which work through the night. It's also being refurbished which we did not know until 2 days before we arrived.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

Received 2 calls at 3 am and 5 am both were by mistake for delivery of luggege that doesnt belong to me !!! Terrible mistake for overnight !!! Had horrible night in this place with interrupted sleep.

Reasonable hotel

Housekeeping upon check out

From start the reception and room okey, but housekeeping staff is not okey, they are not so attentive on customers belongings till end.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

Lot of construction work ongoing in the leisure area, no snack bar, gym or jacuzzi because of works. Area around hotel is one big construction site with cranes and machines very noisy all around. Even though we booked early morning arrival we had to pay for a third night to gain early access to our room.

Location close to airport which suited our short stay. Swimming pool very good

• Superior Twin Room with City View

WiFi was disconnecting hourly but when I called back it was okay They allow one mobile for the free WiFi but the issues was solved when I inform them that we have 3 cellphone in the room so access was given to All

• Superior Twin Room with City View

Dinner not saved well at times you can't locate where it's served. My dinner fruits were contaminated

Reception staff and breakfast and Lady in charge

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The property was superb, but unfortunately the noise outside the hotel caused by a construction was heard inside that made our sleep interrupted 😔

The hotel 👌 and staff esp Ms Maritess of front desk was so accommodating and helpful.

• Superior Room with Creek View

The balcony was not clean at all. Outside too noise due to constructions. The breakfast was poor, only the eggs and omelette were very tasty. The staff was willing to help but with limited recommendation ideas. Don't trust them on taxi, they tell you more than should normally charge: we wanted to go to a restaurant and they told us it is near the hotel and ONLY 20 aed. they found us a taxi who didn't put the taximeter running but charged us 20 aed. For the return we stopped a taxi to take us back to the hotel with only 12 aed charged.

Location, was near the airport that was convenient for us because our flight arrived late at night. Only 5 mins from the airport. The staff was polite and friendly and willing to assist. The bed was very comfortable and we had some fruits and nuts for welcome.

• Superior Twin Room with City View

The AC in the room is not working even though 1 staff from facility came to fixed it the room is hot and we are not able to sleep. We are calling the reception and no one is answering. And the staff at night is rude.

nothing..

• Superior Twin Room with City View

Been very disappointed to order my breakfast to take away at 5am and get nothing and when I was checking out I asked for it as I’ve been assured it will be ready to get it after 30 minuets in the worst shape ever wrapped in a garbage bag.

Easy access from my work place.

Browse Copthorne Hotel Dubai traveller photo gallery