Reviews of Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City 5 stars

Po Box 7185 Dubai, Dubai Festival City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#56 of 421 hotels in Dubai

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Super clean & relaxing.

1- Value of money. 2- Some of the staff misconducted & didn’t provide professional services.

Super clean & relaxing. Perfect location that serviced the business purpose of my stay.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Was ok

The facilities are shared with the intercontinental hotel and the lobby was not so big !

The room was great very nice and comfortable and can walk to the mall !

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Very good hotel with nice location .
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

When taking shower , the floor of the bathroom gets very wet and slippery because the shower place is not provided with full shutter .

Location , cleanliness , staff

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Reception staff were amazing too!

What I didn't like??? Nothing.

A deluxe room upgrade on my birthday has already exceeded my expectation, and a cake. Awesome! Every little things in the room I believe has been provided down to its details. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Friendly staff, big clean rooms, lovely view.

I should’ve been able to check in as soon as I arrived. And not wait for the afternoon or pay more for an upgraded room.

Friendly staff, big clean rooms, lovely view.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Never again

Red patches on the carpet & the on the bed another Cover was dirty . No any sockets for phone next to the bed one socket for coffee or for Iron. Toilet was dirty ,red spot on floor Towels was very small . The shower was dripping . The pillows are not the standard ,it was ultra soft . Neck pain until today . The curtains were wrinkled as if it was washed & hanged immediately.

The staff was good.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Room was clean but there was very bad smell in it anyway...
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

Room was clean but there was very bad smell in it anyway when I contacted the desk they offered that they will send someone with air refresher spray after a while I got a call from the front desk and they offered me another room so I shifted to another room. This took sometime which affected my plans for that night.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Dubai Stopover Festival City

The only thing that annoyed me was that there was not an electrical outlet available next to the bed. This is a common problem with many hotels, and it is very annoying if you arrive back at night and in bed want to look at your phone or use its alarm, while letting it charge overnight..

the hotel is clean and very comfortable and close to the airport. The bed linen and pillows are excellent. The wifi is good. The staff are very helpfull

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

-Hotel is attached to the mall
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

Had an issue with the AC in my room, but the staff took action in no time and helped with the case, everything went well with the room after that.

-Hotel is attached to the mall -Staff super friendly

It is location on the creak and next to the mall, check in...
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

It is location on the creak and next to the mall, check in staff was very polite, helpful and understanding to our requirements. Easy check out.

The staff at the reception are so helpful and informative

It’s just a long walk to the mall as we have to cross intercontinental hotel too

The staff at the reception are so helpful and informative The room is so clean and the service is extra fast I loved crowne plaza festival city

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Breakfast was excellent plus the view
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

The phone in the corridor near the elevator is beeping loudly early morning, my wife wasn’t able to continue her sleep

Breakfast was excellent plus the view

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Best hotel with a superb location

The swimming pool must be bigger and renovated or redesigned in order to contain the huge numbers of guests and their families especially during the major events. Also the in room dining must be extended to be wider and include more ranges of food.

Rooms are very clean and location is superb.

Comfortable with all the usual comforts.

The room had a mouldy musty smell

Comfortable with all the usual comforts. Attached to Festival City mall which is convenient when it's 45 degrees outside

Comfortable modern hotel at good location with excellent breakfast.

Hotel check in takes a little too long and the lobby looks cramped due to the guests waiting there. Hotel should provide power sockets by the bedside. Bathrooms are great except that there is something wrong with the design of the bidets in there- hose shower would be a better option for most guests. Also, would suggest changing air freshner in the hotel corridors. Otherwise everything else was simply great.

Really great breakfast with a good variety including Middle Eastern foods. Basma was very welcoming to the restaurant. The hotel rooms are modern and clean. The swimming pools are clean and you have a great view of the creek. It is really great that guests can also use the adjacent Intercontinental hotel's swimming pool. We really liked the hotel's location at the creek where you can view the night shows. Also, enjoyed our shopping at the adjacent Festival Mall.

They need to fix those toilet water hoes spray next to the WC

Classical Crown plaza hotel. Comfortable and clean. What made this stay even special is the complementary flowers and cake we got from the hotel when we told them we were celebrating our anniversary. Thank you.

Belgian Cafe is always reliable for good food, great beers...

Belgian Cafe is always reliable for good food, great beers on tap and bottle and a general good vibe. Pool is in the shade in the AM which is nice, has a skinny lane for swimming laps, nice area around the pool.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Want to stay indoor, this is the Hotel !!

Did not like paying tourist tax for Expo2020 Dubai, paid 20 dirhams for each person per night stay in hotels in Dubai, not a good tactic !

Easy access to Dubai Festival City Mall, less than 5 mins indoor walk from hotel. Prompt room service.

The staff were excellent and the breakfast was truly the...

The TV's in both rooms didn't work immediately and we called to request cutlery and a plate in our room, but it never arrived. Both minor issues, we enjoyed our stay very much.

The staff were excellent and the breakfast was truly the tastiest we've had in Dubai! We enjoyed our stay very much.

Staff were exceptionally good and attentive.

Staff were exceptionally good and attentive. Amazing local touch at breakfast with a live cooking station. Modern fittings and very clean and comfortable. Close to a couple of shops

The service, cleanses, staff and breakfast.

The carpet at the corridor of 10th floor had a very bad smell. It needs cleaning.

The service, cleanses, staff and breakfast. Overall a very pleasant hotel.

Worst customer experience.

Before booking I called the hotel to enquire about showing the World Cup in their room, they confirmed, but I was shocked by World Cup cutting the service from my room after two days of my stay. When I left the hotel I found that my sun glass was missing in my car. The hotel valet service used my car besides me. I reported the case to the management but I never got my glasses back.

Great hotel with plenty of sunlight into your room (even if you don't like it !)

The towels seemed a bit old and were not fluffy and comfy, but clean though. The elevators to the basement parking was not working at the time we stayed, so we had to walk long distances to our car every time we go out or come back to the hotel. One thing that really bothered us was that the bathroom windows allowed so much sunlight to get into the room because of the glass partitioning they installed between the bathroom and the room. I wish if they would have removed the glass bathroom door with a wooden door like all other hotels and that that would have blocked most of the sunlight getting into the room.

Close proximity to IKEA and the Festival center mall. Cleanliness and quietness of the room. Daily replenishment of the slippers which is the first hotel to do that to me. The food at the breakfast was amazing and equally amazing was the attitude of the staff. Top notch.

ideal

during Ramadan restricted meal venues

ambience perfect, shopping airconditioned ,close too airport ,pool area Jacuzzi sauna ideal detox situation too break journey home after cruise

Managment is so rude , and they tried to rip me off money by...
    • Superior Twin Room

Managment is so rude , and they tried to rip me off money by adding extra money without asking me for the mini bar .. i called them to complain after i checked out and they hang up the phone ! A total rip off They sent the cleaning boy to the room to empty the mini bar after i checked in which is a 1 star behavior

The easy access to the mall.

Sadly due to the timing, the pool was under renovation and the restaurants were closed.

The easy access to the mall. Allowing use of the facilities at the adjoining intercontinental hotel.

Highly recommend and will stay again on our next visit
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

The area around the pool needs a coating to stop your feet from burning every time you get in and out of the pool.

Staff very friendly, the pool and Sheeza area very relaxing

I guess our stay served the purpose and was overall satisfactory
    • Superior Twin Room

I do not know whether it was because it is Ramadan but the service at the reception during check-in was rather drab. Also the bed mattresses were too much on the soft side

The location of the hotel is convenient being almost at the a central position and therefore relatively close to everything. The view from the hotel overlooking the canal was very nice. The hotel's proximity to the Festival City mall was also a plus

Great hotel and service
    • Superior Twin Room

It was Ramadan which meant we couldn’t get food during the day at the hotel or even the shopping mall, and the pool was closed. However, it’s attached to the Intercontinental and breakfast was provided for us there. Their pool was open but we didn’t have time to use it. If you go to Dubai during Ramadan, you can’t even get a coffee until around 7pm because restaurants and cafes are closed all day.

Room was large, good bathroom, beds very comfortable. We were lucky enough to get very early check in and have breakfast on that morning instead of the morning we were leaving. Internet in room is free (the booking said it wasn’t, but it is). Right next door to Festival City shopping mall and evening fountain shows, lots of restaurants.

Great location and views of Dubai.

Confusion over City tax payment. On booking.com they say included in price they advertise. Actually it's not. You pay it separately on departing. Booking.com need to fix this.

Location close to airport and large shopping mall. Good for rest stop after a long flight.

Overall Excellent

Could add Microwave and bigger fridge in the room, I really missed warming my food and coffee in the morning. Also do not provide coffee maker or Iron. That kind of sucked.

Excellent Location, very clean and beautiful hotel. Super clean floors and shiny marble huge entrance. 6 Star hotel appearance and very nice rooms.

The late check-in can erase anything good in this hotel.

I waited more than an hour to check in - the hotel is saying that booking.com didn't confirm my booking yet. This is the first time I face such a situation. I don't know whose responsible but the staff said that I can book directly through their website. I think the hotel have some problems with them, please be careful.

The late check-in can erase anything good in this hotel.

Average stay for me

Some how after i checked in i try to call the reception for half an hour but the phone was always busy even the emergency call so i had to go for reception by my self from the 17th floor just to ask simple question and it's really occurred for 5 stars hotel. 😐

The price changed higher than my booking rate .

The price changed higher than my booking rate ..and they said it change according to occupancy..This is strange.first time I hear that..I will not book there any more in this hotel..This make me very angry and upset

Very convenient from/to airport

Turn down service should be always provided; IRD selection was a little short in y opinion.

Islam the bellboy (I hope spelling is correct) was truly helpful and always tried to anticipate to any request.

Excellent Location for shopping.

Better to provide coffee machine like Nespresso. Water in bath room drop from the tube to the floor

Excellent Location for shopping. َQuiet Rooms. Nice View

Good and wonderful experience

room is small size Room cleanliness they but water for drinking in the bathroom Do not provide toothbrush

Reception employees Sophisticated treatment Cleanliness of corridors

Fantastic as always and great location

There isn't much to not like, at least not for me. The rooms are of an adequate size and the staff are more than willing to accommodate all requests - within reason of course

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza before and always loved the staff friendliness, the central location to most entertainment, the quality of the rooms and the cleanliness of the facilities (love the bathroom freebies). The Belgian cafe is usually a good spot to start the evening's entertainment and the Mall which is literally next door is very convenient with most major brands available. The night lights around the hotel make for spectacular viewing.

Crown plaza April 2018

The TV channels are always with poor signals..it keeps off and on at all times..room servise is a bit slow

Location and the staff hospitality..the room is soo nice and cleanless level was 100%.. the breakfast was international and tasts good

Perfect

Room was a bit smaller than other 5 stars I've been to but had everything

At the reception I was met with the most polite, respectful and friendly service I have ever experienced by Hammad. The hitek facilities are 5 star as well as their staff

I will stay there again and I have told all of my friends!
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

I didn't like that I couldn't stay longer..lol

I loved the comfort of the bed the openness of the room. I like that I could open the blinds in the bathroom to see the rest of the room. And the view from the room was very nice. I enjoyed the restaurants and shisha area. The close proximity to the mall was a plus.

I ordered club Sandwich, my son and I were were eating that...
    • Superior King Suite

I ordered club Sandwich, my son and I were were eating that when I noticed that there was blood in the chicken!!! We both got sick, instead of having a holiday we ended up visiting a doctor. Not going there again

Great Hotel, Staff and Facilities
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

The WiFi was poor round the pool areas and not strong enough to make a WiFi call from the room.

This is a great hotel, good location very close to airport and around £15 taxi ride to the marina area, close to restaurants, cafes and the shopping mall, great breakfast, lovely pool areas and friendly staff, also a great brunch at weekends, this is our 3rd visit to this hotel and we will keep visiting,

Very nice hotel with nice view
    • Superior Twin Room

The toilet without washing hose, we Muslims must wash after toilet use, we are in a Muslim country and you must respect us and provide this basic need. The room's lighting is poor and weak, the ladies want to use make-up but there is not enough lighting, they do make-up in the toilet but the lighting is still not good enough and totally not comfortable.

Location Cleanness Staff Room decoration

Respect , curtesy and attendance of the staff to my request made the stay very valuable.

The bed was too soft making it uncomfortable although the house keeping tried their best to make it better but that didn't work.

The hotel location next to the airport, the mall, Hard rock cafe board walk, sea view and most of all the staff amazing treatment.

Very pleasant stay, convenient to the festival mall and restaurants.

The bathroom: 1) on the 17th floor, it takes a while for the water to get hot. 2) you need an exhaust fan in the bathroom. It took a long time for the condensation to evaporate off the mirror and glass.

The breakfast is amazing! They have hot and cold foods, local fare, Indian influence, American influence, something for everyone. It was delicious and the staff was very helpful. The room was great - we didn't have much of a view, but we didn't pay for a view, either.

Good facility with bad internet
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

The internet was very bad and slow. Or you have to pay to get higher speed. Paying for the internet should be history no one charge for this service in most hotels. As a business traveler connecting to the net is very crucial and if I have to pay for it will not make the property attractive for me next time. You already have to pay 25% extra taxes over the hotel rate. So the management should consider providing free internet with high speed.

Breakfast, comfort and location
    • Executive King Room

The only thing I would have really appreciate was getting late check out but for a later time that would’ve been complimentary from the hotel since I was staying in an executive suit. That would’ve definitely made my stay just perfect

Breakfast, comfort and location

It was great place to stay but mack sure you have your bills

In the checked out they told me I have to pay more money because it in my room Bell but I was sure that my balance was zero so mack sure you don't through anything so they don't over charge you

The location is great and the food is tasty the v variety of swimming pools that suit everyone the view is Beautiful

Comfortable stay except for the breakfast service.

Had breakfast once and found restaurant staff clumsy, slow, even misplacing orders. Took 30 minutes to get a Spanish omelette which when received didn't look anything like it. Ordered a Cappuccino which never came. I wish they would ban smoking in the Belgian Cafe. If British Pubs could do it, so can you.

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable bed and nice Belgian Cafe-cum-bar.

Relaxing and practical

They should make more of the pool area The view is good from the deck but most importantly the sun isn’t blocked by tall buildings as a lot of Dubai hotel pools are I realise that you can use the intercontinental pol area but the crowne plaza has unfulfilled potential

The staff are a joy to be around and can’t do enough for you to make you comfortable and relaxed. The hotel is comfortable and the rooms v nice.

Always good to stay with Holiday Inn Festival City, this is my 4th or 5th time already.
    • Superior Twin Room

Hairdryer is bad quality. Kettle for tea service did not work.

Beds super comfy. Breakfast is so yummy and great variety of dishes. Staff at the front-desk and concierge always so friendly and polite. Being so close to the mall.

I would not advise to use this Hotel.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Creek View

The staff was insisting for a deposit against minibar and we were informed if we don't give the deposit, mini bar would be removed. And this is after they have charged the rooms in advance.

The rooms were extremely small and were not cleaned properly...

The rooms were extremely small and were not cleaned properly . It is located far from Dubai Festival Mall . The breakfast was very limited and the price of the rooms were not worth it

Excellent property and a wonderful staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

The only part, I did not like was that the windows were dirty so my pictures of my view reflected that

The staff were wonderful and the view was fantastic. The room was spacious and had all that a traveler needs when away from home.

We stayed one night (unexpected stopover in Dubai), service...

We stayed one night (unexpected stopover in Dubai), service at the check in was very quick, efficient and pleasant overall, traveling with a toddler we asked if we could have our room before 3PM which was no problem at all and was very much appreciated. Great food and comfortable bed, very good service. Very nice outside area with pools even for small children, not too big but very sufficient for a short stay. We definitely recommend the hotel. Close to the airport.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Creek View

Reception staff not welcoming and egaption staff they do not respect guest right and time I booked 4 sea view I reached hotel after 3pm and they stay talking with my offer one hour and 40 minuets without giving me exactly time to enter one of these room even when I exceplain Them that i have old lady with me (my mam) need to take a rest

The location, the staff.

That I didn’t stay longer.

The location, the staff. All I can say is that the staff really made this an amazing stay for us. Always attentive, always keen to step forward and be there to do their best. The location itself is very good, easy access to everything. A mall close by, airport close by and everything else easily reachable.

Great stay!

We called at the hotel to request if we can cancel, however, the person who took the call wasn't polite at all just saying No, right away and didn't speak anything but to say no.... not even a comforting tone of voice saying I am so sorry we cannot...or let me try at least. However, when we arrive the staff there itself was nice. Was wondering why would they ever put a person over the phone the impolite one's.

i didn't like it at all they don't even care about the customers, so fake.

1) the elevators in the hotel are very slow 2) the valet workers were not very welcoming 3) the hotel does not make you feel like you have your freedom 4) the arabic employee named zara or whatever needs to have better communication skills when she wants to ask for a favour from the resident i do not work for her. 5) I have asked for a blow dryer 3 times because the blow dryer quality that they offer is really bad and their service was really slow until they gave it to me 6) Why do you even have a phone in the room if you will not be answering to customers needs ? I called so many times but they either don't pick up or give me a busy tone this was one of the worst hotel services, i have never been to a hotel who never picks up or gives me a busy tone. do not put phones if you won't pick up Also, i had to call the room service to complain about that and the lady said she would relay my message to the hotel, and when i called again and they finally picked up and i have told how rude it was that no one is answering and i have been calling for quite a long time i did not even receive an apology ??????? All i got was an ok as a reply ? people working at this hotel are so fake and bad their communication skills is really bad and it should not even be considered a 5 star hotel the only things that would make it deserve a star is its food and its location that it is it. i did not enjoy my stay at all. Furthermore, i have a requested for a late check out through Booking.com they did not even send me a decline or approve for my request or contact me about at all but they approved of the check in i asked for ? like seriously their management is very bad Their bathroom looks good but it is very slippery and water leaks easily from the bath tub to the floor, if someone slips and breaks a leg i bet they won't take the fault for their bad design too.

the food was the only good thing about this hotel and the lady who checked me in was nice and that is it.

Amazing hospitality, Just a perfect stay

Everthing was good and in order

Great stay at the Crown Plaza at Festival city. Pleased to see that the standards of service here continue to be consistently high. Really attentive and friendly service. I have to say the staff are very nice, customer focus, cooperative, courteous and aware of their job responsibilities. We’ll definitely come back!

Perfect. See you again on the 16th February for my partners birthday trip.

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. From the staff to the facilities, the room, location and cleanliness it is fantastic. The only thing I would say is if you can try and book direct through the hotel as they said when we checked in that we would have got a cheaper rate plus you get your ihg points. You don’t if you book through a third party.

Good but not perfect
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Creek View

While there were valet parking people out the front they invariably had nothing to do, and were busy chatting amongst themselves. They made no attempt to open the front doors to the hotel guests. This did not convey a "service friendly" establishment. Particularly as their neighbours in the Intercontinental were providing this service.

Location was good. Food variety for breakfast was excellent although the temperature of the food could have been a little warmer. The rooms were spacious with very good amenities.

Great hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with Creek View

The aircon was rather noisy in the room even on the lowest setting. Unable to turn the blue lights on the headboard of the bed off lots of unnesisary light in the room.

Great location. The staff where extremely friendly and helpful. The room was decorat d well and nice and clean. No noise from the street - even with half hourly shows from the festival city mall.

Amazing place
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Creek View

I had a room on last 19th floor. The best creek view! Bed and pillow is extremly comfortable and size of room and bathroom is perfect! All staff in hotel are very helpful and kind! Breakfast is great!!! I will come again definitely! Highly recommended!

My request

I booked before 3 mounths .. requested a connected rooms .. or to be next to each other .. but booking did not mentioned that to the hotel .. i show the manager my booking and he tried his best to but us in the same floor :(

Location .. facilities .. comfortable bed

Comfortable, very attentive staff, great location.

The hotel was more for a short stay holiday and business oriented it lacked the family/kid friendly feel to it. There could have been a small entertainment area for kids upto 5 years so they can keep busy while parents finished their cup of coffee. Breakfast spread also lacked kid friendly eats like cookies, chocolate spreads, cocoa flakes/puffs, pancakes.

The room was a good size for a family of 2.5, bed was super comfy, croissants was definitely fluffy and staff professional and friendly. They always were receptive and quick to assist before you even open your mouth.

avarage not amazing
    • Superior Twin Room

the room and surrounding area were damp with air diffusers around. no balcony anywhere and the gym was small and no one told us we could do next door. the room I had for me and 2 kids did not offer me 2 king size bed and not offered a 3rd one so had to push them together not sleeping very well over the 8 nights -

breakfast to 11 was great and pool area was nice and open late which was also good as it was so hot

Wasn’t happy coz from start they treated not god

At arrivals room was not ready and we waited long time ...in booking room with 2 singel bed but they were made ready room king bed.made me upset. didn’t like arrangement of them

A great hotel for shopping and a quick stopover.

Nothing. They were superb on this occasion.

Friendly welcome and wife check in with upgrade offered at mo additional charge. Rooms are well-appointed and those on the Creek side have a fabulous view. Breakfast is excellent. Check out handled very efficiently. 20 minutes from airport(with road works); usually far quicker.

Great breakfast with a full english breakfast as well as...

no negatives.

Great breakfast with a full english breakfast as well as Dosa's made from fresh. As it was our honeymoon we arrived with a towel heart arrangement and real rose petals all over the bed.

Very friendly staff

Breakfast was bit expensive

Very friendly staff Beautiful spaceous rooms Clean and perfect Thank you for making my experience lovely Keep it up and looking forward to stay again in your hotel

I enjoyed my trip fantastically a lot

Because of distances from city center the price is not considered reasonable

Bed was super, view of the city ftom the room was fantastic, bath was great

From the first day i asked for 1 day extension but i was...

From the first day i asked for 1 day extension but i was told that this should be done the last day, so i did that. So after 3 days I was told that the charge will be 900 dhs! When I said that this is insane compared to the rate i had closed the previous days, so I should have been informed about that in the first place, i was told that this was due to last minute booking, but it was not last minute; i asked for that 3 days ago. Finally i was charged 700 dhr, which still was way more expensive than it should be. Improper information by the personnel is the bottom line.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, they made our stay so...

Breakfast did not appeal to me when I stayed there previously. Omelette was undercooked and most hot items were catering for the Arabic taste, so we skipped it for this stay. The building seems to require a big service on the air conditioning systems as there are issues with humidity in the rooms. It made the linen damp and everything was wet and clammy.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, they made our stay so personal. The gentlemen downstairs assisting with luggage were just out of this world with excellent service, smiles and warm welcomes.

Browse Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City traveller photo gallery