Reviews of Dhafra Beach Hotel 3 stars

#2 of 2 hotels in Jebel Dhanna

6.2

Not worth it to stay
    • Standard Room

The carpet its smelly, the back of the side table its very dirty also have used tissue on the floor and also the wall have lots of mould over all the price of dhafra beach hotel is not worth it.

I like the service if you want to go to the pool and tye beqch over all danat is giving life to dhafra

Location & parking spaces
    • Standard Room

There are no services what so ever & the bed is so small as well as the furniture is so old the air condition in the room was so noisy .

Location & parking spaces

Property to skip
    • Standard Room

Property is very old and badly needs refurbishment. To access pool and other facilities you have to visit the nearby sister property. Request booking.com to ensure that the photographs published by this property is actually of this property and current.

Price was low compared to other properties.

The smell of the room is unbearable because of musty carpet.
    • Standard Room

The smell of the room is unbearable because of musty carpet. All my family could no sleep due to this smell. You could see even the fungus on the air conditioning and any furniture made from cloth. The hotel location is nice recreation is very good but these were useful with conditions of the carpet. Considering the hotel location is opposite the sea, the room should be furnished without carpet.

I had an excellent time at Dhafra Beach Hostel.
    • Standard Room

I had an excellent time at Dhafra Beach Hostel. The staff was very kind and helpful, my room was perfect and I loved the beach and the gardens to explore. Thanks!

Family & friends weekend staycation
    • Standard Room

If only Pool timings can be extended during summer time, i.e 10pm Would be good if hotel can have room service

Reception team accomodating - especially Grace :) Upgraded room was a plus - made our stay more comfortable indeed Golf cart transport available during the 2-day stay - thanks Concierge team Pool and beach access to neighbor 5-star hotel is the best part of our stay! Enjoyed having a night cap at Latitude - great crowd and awesome Powerplay band! The hotel is a good rest stop for anyone planning to explore Al Ruwais, and the rest of Western Region.

Price.
    • Standard Room

Staff is not giving right information without asking. Swimming pool was another side and even we asked where is the swimming pool just say other side but actually some one should guide you there.

Price.

Definitely not a 3 star property.
    • Standard Room

Except for the reception area, everything else is old and famished. The carpet through the lobby and the lift is dirty with dirt patches. It’s surprising that this hotel has only one cafe which does not give room service. For lunch and dinner, guests are expected to order from or visit Danat Jebel Dhanna. Ours was an impromptu plan, shoe strings budget. We have stayed at Danat in the past and we know how expensive it is. Having said that, why would we order food from Danat at double the price. Danat Jebel Dhanna was available at cost of 350 dhs all inclusive with bed n breakfast. We checked in at about 9.45 Pm. We had expected a late check out as our booking entailed that. But we were allowed to stay only until 2 pm. The quality of rooms was definitely not that of a 3 star property. The rooms were cozy though. The management must definitely allocate funds towards the maintenance and refurbishment of the property. For the price that we paid here, we would have got a better property in RAK for sure. The drive to this place is awesome. So if you have nothing to do over a weekend and want to try out a new budget place far from city limits and enjoy a long drive.. then this place is for you. But keep your expectations low. We have stayed at other properties of Danat, and we have loved their hospitality and welcoming. This was a sheer disappointment.

We got a deal of 140 dhs ( 180 dhs with tax ) via booking.com This property is a part of the Danat jebel dhanna. It does not have any amenities of a 3 star hotel. No pool. No gym. For all these facilities we need to visit jebel dhanna which is about 5 minutes by car and 2 minutes by their golf car. It is good that dhafra beach hotel is letting us use all recreational facilities of Danat, Jebel dhanna. But Al Dhafra Beach hotel is definitely not a 3 star property.

Worst Hotel to stay
    • Standard Room

It's very old building with bad smell everywhere. There are no enough staffs and as such there is no dining facilities or room service. For everything we have to go to their other hotel.

Nothing...nothing...nothing.

It was great!
    • Standard Room

The hallway smelled like old smoke, even though we requested a non-smoking floor..

I liked the privacy and the bed was super comfy.. the AC blew like a boss and bath was clean .

Moderate price, for sleeping only
    • Standard Room

Hotel needs to be refurnished.

This hotel is for those who seek a moderate prices hotel for sleeping only. The good thing is that guests may use the facilities of the Danat Hotel next door.

I could not find better than this hotel
    • Standard Room

Most of the rooms with window AIr condition, the smell in the room is bad, there is no resturants in the hotel

I was able to find a room in this hotel with split unit air condition

you can use the facilities at the sister hotel which are...
    • Standard Room

This hotel was not cheap and yet it is very unkempt. the rooms are tired and the gardens are a mess, which is a shame as they could be wonderful. we asked for new towels but they never arrived.

you can use the facilities at the sister hotel which are good. we slept well as it was quiet.

Gives access to the resort’s facilities.
    • Standard Room

Hallway and rooms were strongly perfumed, which gave the family a headache.

Gives access to the resort’s facilities. Room is basic, but all that is necessary.

Bad managment

Very bad site

I feel sorry for Booking.com. to include this hotel in their site. I am a professional Executive and I decided to stay one night at Dhafra Hotel. I booked through your site two rooms For one night. I was shocked by this type of Un commissioned facility by any standards. I asked several questiones to understand the situation. I found the following: First the hotel was closed for more than one Year and It was opened by managment to increase their profit and revenue on customers and quality standards. Second they open this hotel without any commissioning standards because Danah Hotel was full and a Dhafra hotel is under the same property and managment. Third I demanded full investigation to assure Dhafra Hotel was safely opened to customers I smelled insects toxic in thier rooms and very Bad smell over all the hotel. Carpets were very dirty and I smell toxic from all corridors and rooms carpets. Finaly I demanded full reimbursement of my Payment. This is a professional review from a Health care Excutive and Warton school of Managment alumni. Regards

Not Bad

over priced restaurant

i was taking a brake from along distance driving, so to my surprise i found this hotel was closed for refurbishment and we were transferred to Danat resort which i like.

it was a bit far away but a relaxing getaway.
    • Standard Room

it was a bit far away but a relaxing getaway. perfect place to unwind and relax. the staff was so welcoming and the comfort was d best. being vegetarians dood was excellent and plus so many options which is hard to find in competitive hotels.

Transferred from dafra hotel to danat resort
    • Deluxe Room

Drunk people openly walking in the lobby Long check in process Long check out process Not enough staff at reception

Presentation and decor Rooms and their size Room view (beach) Room service quality Breakfast quality Price Free transfer from dafra hotel

Enjoy great value and room service in an old landmark hotel close to the sea!
    • Standard Room

When I asked for a ride to a nearby conference I was told that the transport vehicle was not available at that time because the driver had to drop the manager's children at school and pick them up. I was to wait for a ride, which in turn would have made me late for the conference, and wait at the conference at the end of the day. I arranged a different ride as a result. I was a surprised that guest requirements were not primary in care provision, instead management took precedent over the guests.

Room service is great! Staff were accommodating, and the rooms were clean. The value for the stay is exceptional. The beach is close and shared resources with another hotel next door (beach, restaurant, health club, etc.) are available. While the hotel is older, it is clean. I enjoyed a 4-5 minute walk to the beach and an ocean view.

Nice hotel for its cost
    • Standard Room

It was not a negative thing for me, because I'm not super demanding person, plus the idea of my travel was different, but many people would find the hotel as quite old and not really modern, rooms are spartan, and the territory is not perfectly maintained.

I've visited this property for relaxation purpose. The location is really nice, just next to the beach, and the whole area was very quiet which was perfect for me. The proportion of price-quality was fair. Also I liked the breakfast, for its price, it has great variety of food choice.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

A nice location from the hustle bustle of the city and very relaxing.
    • Standard Room

I thank the staff for their prompt service. I appreciate the front desk Mr. Febin, he is very supportive and great person to talk to. Thanks Mr. Febin and your other team to make our stay a pleasant one.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Friendly staff, Dated rooms
    • Standard Room

The room had a musty smell. Luckily we stayed only one night. The hotel is very dated. It has really noisy aircon.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. One could use the facilities of the hotel next door. They had a good spread for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

I would like to come again to enjoy for long time.

Room smell!!!!

Welcome amenity in the room and the room size, the Front Office Agent was so nice with full information was forwarded to us, I would like to thanks him personally. the room too quite and special. I hope to come again soon!

nice location, near to the beach
    • Standard Room

a kind of smell in the corridor, restorant prices high, low ceiling in the bathroom, air conditioning noisy old model.

nice location, near to the beach

Great long weekend!! Will come again
    • Standard Room

Little run down, but the price is great so not too much to complain about, the exterior garden (on the way to the beach) could use improvement on the left side - the right is beautiful!

Super nice staff! Very friendly to our children, beautiful garden (one half), super close to the beach, easy check in, free late check out. Really great weekend trip!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great stop off between Abu Dhabi and Saudi
    • Standard Room

Had to take all the luggage to and from the room myself as the bell boy was always 'he is just coming'

The restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and helpful. If only the same could be said for the receptionist and bell boy! Most of the facilities for the Hotel are actually in the next door 5* sister hotel (golf buggy ride away). These are very nice indeed.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Dhafra beach hotel
    • Standard Room

Swimming pool in other hotel u can reach by golf car No BBQ area Drinking Wine in the swimming pool area and not for family

Employees are helpful Service was great and gave extra bed nice breakfast given to all as complimentary

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

the rooms are dirty beyond imagination.
    • Standard Room

doesn't worth a penny. do not waste your money. be careful and stay away from this called "hotel"

the rooms are dirty beyond imagination. the smile is so bad. staff are welcoming but slow during check-in

Fair
    • Standard Room

1. The reception was busy discussing with her colleague (office matters) and took some time to check us in (they seemed indifference with our arrival & forgot to offer our welcome drinks) 2. The room access cards were validated only for 1 day despite my booking was for 2 nights & 2 rooms. We have to get the cards activated & no apologies from the reception for our inconveniences. 3. The first night stay was very noisy from other guests until beyond midnight (loud talking and their children running along the corridors and playing with the exit door)

1. The breakfast spread was superb (good varieties and healthy) 2. Checking out was fast. 3. Welcome fruit basket in the room

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

We had a room with garden view and we liked it.
    • Deluxe Room

It is difficult to say, whether the price was normal for the quality, because we do not know the level in this particular area. But it felt a bit overpriced. It would be good if the room we stayed in had a balcony. Also the hotel area is very big and has a big garden area - some more facilities like garden furniture are really needed there.

We had a room with garden view and we liked it. Though the room was "tired", there was all we needed, we had a good rest and spent a nice evening near the see. Welcome drink and carefully washed fruit in the room were a very pleasant surprice :)

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Good as 3 stars hotel.
    • Standard Room

The hotel is old. The AC was window type and itaslocation was at the bottom of the wall which makes less cooling. The hotel externaly need maintenance and painting. As a price it is expensive for 3 stars hotel but the choices are limited in this remote area.

In gegeral, it is good 3 star hotel. Staffs were friendly. Room service was quick and good. Furnitures were not new but good. It is clear that they did maintenance internally in the rooms, reception and corridors.

Although a bit far from the major cities of Dubai & Abu Dhabi, the hotel is definitely worth a stay
    • Standard Room

Maybe the hotel needs a makeover and if done it will look fabulous

The best part to our liking was the use of the private beach and the 5 star facilities of the adjoining Danat Hotel & Resort

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Adequate for business if you can get a good price. Not for families/holidays.
    • Deluxe Room

Bed hard/uncomfortable. Damp and/ or moldy atmosphere. Inadequate electrical outlets in room. Low ceiling in bath. Both restaurants expensive for what was given, and tabletops were dirty/greasy. Getting from hotel to steakhouse required walking across unlit, bumpy, unpaved parking lots. Overall a three star rating is what it deserves.

Lobby and restaurant very nice and spacious. Outdoor areas leading to beach superb. Dehumidifier provided but not running (or even plugged in).

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Around 20percent extra tax.
    • Standard Room

Around 20percent extra tax.there is no microwave inside the room. One day cancellation charge for early check out. Totally not worth for money. Since you are in such remote location they are taking advantage of you....

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Relax at Dhafra (overnight stop enroute from Riyadh to Dubai)
    • Standard Room

My visit was during winters but I wonder how the window air-conditioner would provide enough cooling during summers

Beautiful surrounding, love the beach, the palm trees, its a nice quite place for a relaxing get away. Nice view into the garden from room window

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

A time capsule
    • Standard Room

One person on reception who was so busy (over-worked) I had to wait 20 mins to check in. Reception didn't make eye contact and was too busy to formally welcome guests. The beach and landscaped areas at the back of the hotel look like they were abandoned years ago and appeared derelict. The beach and external areas are a valuable resource that have not been developed or maintained. The beach and the outdoor guest amenities are clearly not on the agenda of the managment of this hotel.

Tranquility.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Nice place to stay

Needs renovation.

Receptionist Mary Grace is great, actually all of the staff, room service, restaurant staff. Nice location for us who lives in nearby place.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Value for money in Ruwais
    • Standard Room

It is away from main city, You need to walk for couple of minutes to access swimming pool and gym, repeated issues with the access card for the room

Nice beach, Nice rooms, Many varieties were served for breakfast, Good Wifi connectivity

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Good location but need maintanance and renovation.
    • Deluxe Room

Unfortunatilly, the hotel need lots of maintanance and renovation. Although guests can use the next hotel facilities which are four to five star but the view is not comfortable.

The location of the hotel is very good with this beatiful beach. The reception also was nice and clean with quick check in and out.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

A good place that can be made a lot better
    • Standard Room

Surrounding area has a lot of construction litter and not properly developed. AC units old fashioned and placed too low.

Using all the facilities of Dhanat (sister 5 star property).

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice place
    • Standard Room

Well, next time I will insist to get a room far away from their night club. Music is not disturbing but people speaking loudly on the terrace waked me up. At our first stay we were far from the night club and it way perfectly quiet.

I love that place principally for the swimming pool, gym and spa.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Horrible experience
    • Standard Room

Rooms are not clean, dirty carpets in rooms and lobby, rooms small and smell bad due to old dirty carpets, noisy window AC in room, uncoueteaus stafff, the receptionist didn't even bother say hello to us upon arrival we have to approach her. All facilities such as swimming pool and others you have to share from Danat hotel and they do not provide any transport you have to walk all the way.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Amazing time on a long weekend

The garden in dafra beach hotel needs maintenance and landscaping, hopefully after the renovation which is due this year it will one of the best properties in ruwais.

The staff was very helpful, the food in the hotel is awesome and the rooms are value for money, we used all the facilities including pool, beach, bar, restaurant, gym, spa from the neighboring hotel which is also their own property. The stay was simply awesome considering it was new year eve long weekend.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Good enough for a stopover on a road trip to Dubai
    • Standard Room

Mold smell in the hallways. Very humid place as it is beachfront in a humid country.

Good location. It's a good enough hotel for a stopover on a road trip to Dubai from Saudi.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Value for money
    • Standard Room

Some rooms had old carpet. We got a room in the third floor, no complains. Our friends got a room in the second floor, carpet was smelly, they complained and they were moved to the 3rd floor.

Not bad for the price, above expectations

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Pleasant stay.
    • Standard Room

The garden should be maintained and landscaping should be done.

The staff were kind and supportive. Facility was clean, despite the fact it is old. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A brutal surprise.
    • Standard Room

This property is brutal. I have well over 120 bookings to my name and this was probably the second worst of them even though my expectations are moderate. Huge potential that is completely wasted. Don't go.

On the beach.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Just OK for a night during a business trip
    • Standard Room

- loud air condition - the room floors are clammy (moist) and smelling in spite of air dehydrators. - the view from the room is not nice (see photo)

The use of the facilities of Jebel Dhana hotel is nice but about 15 min walk or 5 min car drive

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

The property is really close to the beach but it is not...
    • Deluxe Room

Skip the buffet at all mealtimes. It's really not worth the money you pay for it. Plus the dining room is constantly filled with construction workers still in their labour gear. In-room dining is much better in terms of quality of food and value for money. This is a very old hotel and they haven't quite caught up to the modern age. The buildings and grounds are in disrepair and a refurbishment would do wonders, some landscaping. The activities and amenities promised are not available at the hotel, you need to travel to the neighbouring hotel and use their facilities.

The property is really close to the beach but it is not maintained at all.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

All staff were very friendly and helped us to get more...
    • Standard Room

All staff were very friendly and helped us to get more information about the location, local activities etc. Their swimming pool and beach was under maintenance, so they took us to Danat beach resort(Same group of resort and just next to this one). Those whom want to visit Dalma/Sir Baniyas Island this resort is the best and cheap.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

3star hotel with 5 star adjacent hotel facility shared ...nice thanks
    • Standard Room

couldn't visit sir banyas island due to pre booking is required..and very expensive safari drive. no information is available in this regards very narrow road to this property(road work gng on)

excellent brakefast clean room 5star adjucvent hotel facierlites shared like gym, steam,pool..all good nice beach, temp. controlled pool

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

People are very nice here, Mary Grace from reception was...
    • Standard Room

The room was small, ac was noisy, I hope next time to get more nice room with sea/garden view. Far away place from everything and difficult to get a taxi there.

People are very nice here, Mary Grace from reception was very kind lady, the food was ok, you can use all facilities from Danat hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Sir Bani Yas Island attempted visit
    • Standard Room

Mold /damp smell in corridor Disappointed to find we could not access Sir Bani Yas Island through the hotel unless booked ahead of stay. No where obvious was it posted that generally you need to be staying on the Island to access the tours which look amazing. The tours are additional to the cost of the accommodation . Tours tend to get booked out so plan ahead.

Breakfast included delicious variety. Use of 5 star facilities short distance from the hotel. Variety of activities available free. Fabulous beach and clear water.Excellent service at both hotels. We will be back to visit and plan at least 2 day stay to access Sir Bani Yas Is. We will consider staying on the Island depending on rates.Sometimes calling the hotel to check rates can be point for negotiation.

Natural beach in the middle of the nowhere... and nothing else
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel is old and should be renovated. Garden is completely neglected. Buffet menu is poor, most of the food is express restaurant quality, though, a la cart menu is far higher class. WiFi works on mobile phones, not on laptops.

Excellent natural beach is only advantage of this old and outdated hospitality institution.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Definitely will book again on Suite room!

We're a regular guest of this hotel and I can say that Suite Room is far different on deluxe and standard room. The room size is big and doesn't smells old unlike the standard & deluxe room.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Nice and comfort

Lot of moulds in room

Nice and comfort

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

the beach
    • Standard Room

smell of the carpets in the rooms

the beach

the location

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The recreation in danat hotel was fantastic
    • Standard Room

The cleanliness and lack of restaurants in the hotel

The recreation in danat hotel was fantastic

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Was cool one night stay is good with your family
    • Standard Room

The smell in the hotel and the rooms was not great

The beach and the food in the other resort danat

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

after the hotel refrubishment I was expecting an improvement, it still a dump

everything

Very cheap.
    • Standard Room

Room service is not convenienced.

Very cheap.

free pool and beach access

noisy aircon

free pool and beach access

Location, service, bathroom clean and too expensive bar.
    • Standard Room

Location, service, bathroom clean and too expensive bar.

Clean and neat beach

Using strong air fresheners

Clean and neat beach

It has great beach and pool

It has great beach and pool

It’s a motel
    • Standard Room

Old furnitures , nothing around ,no room service only from next door hotel where food was very expensive and way from good.

Just good for stopover.

Wish to visit with my Friends again
    • Standard Room

very professional staff, location was superb and all five star facilies were available will valued cost

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Its agood place to stay for money value

very peaceful

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Everything ok

For solo better

For solo better

The staffs were accomodating and the beach is clean.
    • Standard Room

Car Parking has no shade.

The staffs were accomodating and the beach is clean.

Satisfied
    • Standard Room

Splendid beach/sea and amazing pool with bar for a really convenient price

Browse Dhafra Beach Hotel traveller photo gallery