Reviews of Grand Excelsior Hotel - Bur Dubai 4 stars

Kuwait Street, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#223 of 384 hotels in Dubai

The lovely hotel
    • Deluxe Room

The design of the hotel is really great. The location of the hotel is excellent on the main road, public bus and taxi stop nearby. The room was spacious, comfort, clean, and well furnished and real value for money. Duty managers and staff were very courteous and efficient service with a smile. I would highly recommend the hotel for short and long stay. Special thanks and appreciation to Duty Managers Mr. Gune & Douglas, and the room service man Mr. Olaleye who made the family stay comfort and a piece of quiet.

Recommended

All Great

Very respectful staff , reception, Guest relation manager. Great location. Very large clean room. Housekeeping team do great job: thanks to Mr.George HK manager. Great hospitality by Mr.Irfan I want to submit my special thanks to him.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

My stay was okay
    • Deluxe Room

I didn't get the value of my money for the tour i paid for. When i got to the bus the tour guide said we would snap outside except the museum which i also paid to enter. The tours should be explained. I complained to the travel desk and she never apologised after 30minutes of argument. Bad customer service for just that desk. Laura deserves an award for excellent service.

Staff friendly, very neat and comfortable environment.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Its a nice hotel,but they have room too be more considerable on tourist generally.
    • Deluxe Room

I checked in on the 25th which was same day we booked on line for check in . I also sent my flight arrival time weeks before i got to the hotel for them to be informed about the exact time of my arrival,and i got a reply saying something will be done about it. To my greatest surprise when i got to the hotel around 4:45am on 25th August ,the attendant i met there insisted there check in time is 2pm in the afternoon ,so i had to pay over aed300 ,unplanned for. I also asked for my receipt and it was never given to me . Only the reciept for the initial booking i did for the hotel was given to me . Secondly almost through out our stay,after several complains about our bathroom having only cold water,we were changed to another room but with same water problem. We kept bathing with cold water through out our stay in the hotel . I thought that was unfair.

There room service . Very friendly and homely. The breakfast was nice .

Kudos and Amazing experience at Grand Excelsior Hotel.
    • Family Room

Nothing to complaint. It was a great experience to stay in Grand Excelsior Hotel.

I like the ambiance and facilities of the hotel. Great assistance and professionalism of their staffs, especially to Ms. Jackie and Mr. Rey. I do not have regret in choosing Viceroy Suite for our 3 days stay. The suite is absolutely amazing and elegant from furnitures, to rooms and bathrooms. Daily housekeeping / cleaning without telling them. I will surely book in this hote when everytime l visited Dubai and refer it to my friends and colleagues in Oman.

close to shopping mall , n centralise for all venues within ...
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

there's nothing not to be liked !

close to shopping mall , n centralise for all venues within , excellent staff , considerate too ! buffet was excellent , chineSe food was delicious , they have karaoke for Korean, they shud have kept for indian songs too ! lol nice place n big room !

room, service , food, hospitality
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The deduction of the money from my debit card while checking in , although payment was made during time of booking .

room, service , food, hospitality

Happy guest
    • Deluxe Room

The default room temperature in summer is dissatisfactory, the water in shower is hot except midnights. Room temperature is needs to be colder in summer or left to adjust by guests.

I liked the most how Joseph handled my mistake boldly with booking.com and receptionists Beckie and Laura were very welcoming and friendly.They were so nice and tried their best to oblige me beyond my satistifactions and expectations.Room service on the other hand is very quick, reliable, instantly available.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

All the things are good and I’d like to thank Mrs LAURA for...
    • Deluxe Room

The sound of the night club especially in Thursday and Friday. The prices of the meals is so expensive.

All the things are good and I’d like to thank Mrs LAURA for her help and kindness and the philipinos junious, Stephanie and also Syed and all The guys of Security there were so kind and helpful

Recommended
    • Deluxe Room

This time I was very happy and everything was good as expected from Grand Exelsior hotel. Thanks for improvement. ( last time I was not happy at all with hotel and I put my comment but booking.com didn't show my comment on the guest review ,I think this time they do.)

• Family Room

I booked for four person. When checked in , they said you booked for two So pay for two person extra breakfast. I paid. Breakfast was not good as well.alway crowded look for table.some split family on different tables. Bathrooms without hoses.

Not happy this time
    • Deluxe Room

Dirty room, full of smell, tea maker not working, telephone not working, room not the same shown in photos by booking.com , safety box not available in room , refrigerator not available in room,room size unbelievable small one bed and bath. When I complained to reception, they said hotel is fully booked and it is the only room remaining, but I re checked in booking.com still there were many rooms available.

Most comfortable, well located and affordable with all amenities under one roof.

Nothing to say

The hotel room was cozy and comfortable. In room dining serves most delicious food ( mouth watering gosht ( lamb ) Services are efficient. Staff are humble, polite and courteous. They provided help and support in every aspect right from check in till check out and also calling the taxi for the airport. It is really worth mentioning few names who showed great professionalism and took utmost care of me and made my stay very comfortable : Rosemary and Sizopail (reception ), Elizabeth (house keeping ) , Azhar and Sagheer. Would like to go back again and highly recommend to others.

It was nice to stay at hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

It was nice to stay at hotel. Hotel people are so kind but do not take a fake taxi in front of Hotel. I dont remember name of hotel people but one man from Nepal , One girl from Phillipines and one gril from Kennya.

Stay was so comfortable and rooms was clean and tidy.
    • Deluxe Room

The housekeeping was the best specially thanks to the housekeeping manager Waseem, Dougles front office, Chef nagaraj,Adnan and Waqas from housekeeping. All the department feel me to stay again and again.

Customers complaints could have been solved and fixed...but that wasnt the case
    • Premium One-Bedroom Suite

The management was good but the Jacuzzi was not workingand not fixed even after repeatedly complaining. The door Bell was not working right till end. The Dining Tables not kept clean. Layer of dust on the Table . Domestic help not to standars level mark. Massaze charges very expensive . Wifi very very Slow

Staff was polite . Environment peaceful

IT WAS A COMPROMISE AND HAD TO STAY AS I HAD DONE ONLINE BOOKING
    • Deluxe Room

WASH ROOM TAP LEAKAGES TOILETRIES NOT THERE IN ROOM NO TOWELS NO TOOTH BRUSHES NO SLIPPERS NO IRON BOX AC WAS NOT SET WATER PRESSURE INADEQUATE AS ON DATE,. YOU CAN CHECK, STILL YOU WILL FIND TAP BEHIND COMMOD LEAKING .... (ROOM NO 745) ROUND MIRROR IN FRONT BIG MIRROR IN WASH ROOM WAS MISSING... PLUG WERE NOT WORKING NO DRINKING WATER

good stay value for money
    • Deluxe Room

i had a spacious double room in the 7th floor, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom has all required kits and the air conditioning was good. The TV channels are limited and the lavana spa provide good service. Food and Drinks in the hotel is average and the location is good if you have business in the trade center area. i think the price is fair

Overall, it was a nice stay
    • Premium Room

The AC was too cold and unable to control the temperature reasonably. The hot water was also faulty, had to get a change of rooms

The room was neat and clean

is very good place very helpful staff special mr Douglas...
    • Deluxe Room

every things was good only in check in i was disappointed duty manger was complicated about payment was late i came tired was so complicated the reception man was very kind he is name emil and breakfast didn't like it

is very good place very helpful staff special mr Douglas Manalang the duty manager he make my stay all staff was good

Great facilities & good value for money!
    • Deluxe Room

Drinks were very expensive although there were Happy Hour offers. Dugout would be even better if it was non smoking.....

We were upgraded so we had a fabulous room! The pool was lovely - very clean & superb views! We ate twice in Gypsy Chinese which was delicious. The dugout bar was a great atmosphere too. Staff were all very friendly.

Spa in the hotel is rip off taking one hour money and...
    • Deluxe Room

Spa in the hotel is rip off taking one hour money and providing only 30 mints and talking on phones while doing massage, really ridiculous service will never recommend to any one

a pleasure
    • Deluxe Room

the staff was great. Very helpful first room was not great. but once i expressed my concerns, i was dealt with by senior staff and manage that upgraded my room

The location is where the Quilt show and classes were held,...
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel unfortunately needs a lot more TLC since I stayed there last. It appears that the hotel specialises in quick turnover for big tour groups and their customers seemed to stay because its a location chosen for them rather than their choice. The bathtub area looks grouty, as you can see black mould growing under the grouting which gives the impression that the bath area hasn't had a proper cleaning. I do not recommend that you walk in the room bare footed as the floor feels sticky. It gives the impression that the cleaning staff, maybe had made the attempt to mop the room, did not use a clean mop. The duvet cover has a pink stain in the middle and thus making it obvious that they did not change the cover after the first day. This of course gave me a niggling worry that perhaps they did not change it prior to my arrival. It appears that their housekeeping staff are over taxed rather than lazy. I spoke to the girl who did my room after the first night. It did look like she made an effort to clean it better than the first night when I first arrived. However given the time and the number of rooms needed to be cleaned, each room is not thoroughly cleaned It is not comforting when the smaller shaving mirror looked unwiped the first day. the sheer curtain also had stains on them, again making me wonder when it was previously changed or cleaned. The standard time for cleaning the rooms seemed to be 5 pm which is rather frustrating for us. We are a group of 4 ladies staying in separate rooms and our complains are observed by all of us during our stay. We often leave our rooms early in the morning, as early as 7 am so we are ready for our conference and only to find that when we return at 5 am, the room has not been cleaned.

The location is where the Quilt show and classes were held, therefore it was a convenient location for us. The staff looked like they were trying their best.

Quite far from the center
    • Deluxe Room

Remoteness from the city, location is not the good one, but close to airport. No good service in the pool area

Nice breakfast, not so many people in the buffet area on the roof top restaurant. Room size and it was quite. Staff was nice in the reception

Good rooms, ok location but would look elsewhere when returning to Dubai.
    • Deluxe Room

The catering facilities let this hotel down and not making more use of attracting people to the executive lounge with better offers etc. A similar hotel in Singapore would offer’free’ snacks and drinks to its executive room users. As a female travelling alone the in hotel facilities are important if you don’t feel comfortable being out in the evening on your own.

The rooms were very nice with large comfortable beds, spacious and clean. There was a kettle and supplies of tea, coffe etc. And plenty of bottled water each day. The catering facilities were a little disappointing overall but the breakfast was decent enough. The executive lounge was not used as far as i could see. I tried a few times to go and have a quiet meal or drink but it was so quiet - staff member only - it didn’t feel comfortable. The Dugout Sports Bar was ok with wall to wall sports for those who like it. Decent small food menu and a happy hour offer of 30% of drinks. Small red wine AED25 - around £5. Out of HH £7.

Poor
    • Executive Floor Upgrade with Breakfast

Housekeeping extremely poor. Rooms never cleaned properly if cleaned if at all. No fridge. Rules no food and drink allowed from outside. 0 - 10. Maybe a 1

Ground staff good reception., Restuarant’s food average staff great

If you want s cheap place to stay in Dubai this is the place, but don’t expect the ritz!
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel was extremely shabby & tired. No hot water in the bathroom sink, worn furniture particularly in the verandah breakfast room on the top floor and desperately in need of refurbishment.

The staff were helpful and prices were very reasonable

Convenient and practical. Dubai mall is just 10 mins by taxi.
    • Executive Floor Upgrade with Breakfast

We had no clue how to switch off the lights on the wall. We spent 15 mins trying to find a switch, but failed. Fortunately the bedroom was separate, so we left them on during the night.

We were upgraded to a suite. This was enormous. Very comfortable.

4 days stay in Dubai.
    • Deluxe Room

There was no hot water for shower. The toilet was small when you open the door it hit the WC. there was noise reaching our room which is on the 7th floor from the night club. And the 1st night there was cigarette smoke in our room to the point we couldn't sleep well and our floor is a non smoking floor. The valet drivers are not there when you need them and they charged me for an additional night twice without checking their system.

The location only

Property is centralized giving access to everything in short...

No complains.

Property is centralized giving access to everything in short distance. Hotel has a rooftop restaurant which was excellent place in evening where you can have a good view of the city. Staff member Samir provided an exceptional service at the restaurant.

Awesome stay

All was great

Easily accessible,close to airport,all available beside it.great staff specially front desk team,specially Douglas and Emil who did their best to make our stay awesome.

Not very good
    • Deluxe Room

Requested a double bed what on arrival got two single bed had to change the room breakfast time it was too many people going in have to wait 20min so I should not recommend this hotel to any one

Great hotel and loved Dubai will definately return
    • Premium Connecting 2 Bedroom Suite

Directly above a club that went on till 3.00am hard to get to sleep before it closed due to the noise and some noisy guests in the same corridor Hotel says no smoking but guests smoking around the pool and some in the hotel

Great room Very clean Fantastic staff particularly in the veranda cafe Very friendly Good location walking distance to the train and old Dubai

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good place to stay for the money and comfort
    • Deluxe Room

Lobby a bit crowded and noisy due to presence of large tour groups. If you prefer a decent, affordable buffet breakfast in a quiet place, just walk over to the Four Points of Sheraton hotel in the back of this hotel.

Good-sized room, good wifi reception, comfy bed, good pricing, variety of TV cable channels, friendly reception staff, taxis availability, and public bus stops nearby for budget travelers.

Good business trip
    • Deluxe Room

Missing muslim shower in toilet. There was a bit staleness in the room. Nothing major to comment.

Big spacious rooms. Daily newspaper. A lot of dining restaurants available. Very good staff and room service. 5 min walk to Filly tea shop next to Library.

We are coming back soon.
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing to say in this column as i didn't find anything wrong.

The design of hotel is great my girlfriend says it's a Titanic style ship design. The breakfast and dinner was great with lots of options. The staff was always very helpful and Special thanks to Mr.Jess for his guidance to nearby attractions.

Comfortable
    • Deluxe Room

Down side = as breakfast was not included in our booking we paid extra at a cost of $27pp per day and we stayed 4 nights - costly!! 17/11/17 we had an early flight back home and the breakfast room was not open - so the day before I asked if we could be refunded but was advised no and that they would organise breakfast boxes for us to pick up and take with us - I ordered the boxes for the following morning. That morning I went to pick the boxes up from the down stairs breakfast room and they were not advised of the request. So they put together a box for 4 adults - 2 apples and cakes. The box was not very stable and while walking through the airport the box fell open and everything fell to the floor. While picking up our breakfast from the floor we noticed what was inside and felt how stale all the cakes were = very disappointed = 4 adults @ $27Aus each = $108Aus. NOT IMPRESSED. Taking this matter further!!! Also, our room always smelt of stale smoke and the armchair in our room (728) had so many stains over it that I couldn't sit on it.

We were on the 7th floor and had our own Breakfast room on the floor above us = excellent. Room was very spacious and comfortable.

Okay hotel
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is really very old. There is a smell. Furniture is also old. Major renovation is needed.

The hotel staff and management friendly. The hotel is okay for a few days of stay.

It’s good for location and rooms.
    • Deluxe Room

They have towel issue. I had to ask for towels once checked into room. In the bathtub shower cold water wasn’t available.

It’s good for location and rooms.

Not entirely satisfied
    • Deluxe Room

Stains on carpets and chairs dirty cushions cockroaches in the bathroom

It was a very spacious room with good facilities and location and the staff were extremely helpful with everything and also polite

Good breakfast, lovely staff especially Samir :), good...
    • Deluxe Room

Longer hours for swimming in pool (7-21 hours to avoid high temperatures is just not enough)

Good breakfast, lovely staff especially Samir :), good location in Bur Dubai

I guess I need to find a new place around there
    • Deluxe Room

I was given a room that didn’t seem clean. No towels. No tissue. Broken utilities. Indoor parking closed. In room dining ignored my request. Terrible stay, usually they’re great, I was really disappointed.

I will come again
    • Deluxe Room

the breakfast Room was overfilledI will come again

they where very helpfull at the Reception und friendly, all personals are very very friendly persons

Only if the rate is cheap, then it’s ok
    • Deluxe Room

Staff not that friendly, no USB port available in all rooms! No towels offered in the rooms unless u asked for it! No sink or bathroom floor towels at all!

Lobby

Close by to attractions I wanted to visit
    • Deluxe Room

The tv was inoperative and an old tv guide was kept in the room which had to be changed. Room service very expensive. Didn't have alot of variety.

Close by to attractions I wanted to visit

The staff were all very kind and helpful.
    • Deluxe Room

The staff were all very kind and helpful. The hotel is very clean and has a lot great facilities. It’s in the perfect location, very close to Karama, Dubai mall and the airport.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and assisted with...
    • Deluxe Room

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and assisted with any and every request we made. There was a leak in the bathroom of our first room and as soon as we reported it the staff swung into action and we were were moved to another (superior) room and a complimentary bowl of fruit and cookies delivered to us. The breakfasts were excellent with a very good variety.

there were no towels and every day same routine.
    • Deluxe Room

there were no towels and every day same routine. every day I used to ask 10 times then they would bother to give. they do not make up room every day unless u ask. house keeping is pathetic. service is pathetic

Lovely to stay at !
    • Deluxe Room

Only thing i hated is, when i checked the minibar it was empty ! and when i asked why they said ( if they fill it they would have to charge me of all of what is inside ! ) and thier prices is higher than other 5 star hotel's mini bar !

Everything was just lovely

I have made many stays via Booking.
    • Deluxe Room

I have made many stays via Booking.com. But this was one hotel where I felt the staff was not that efficient and courteous. It was somewhat unpleasant and not welcomed. They seriously need to work on it

The reception staff espically Laura and Rabab they were very...
    • Deluxe Room

They dont have valet driver !! More than 3 times they asked me to go the parking because they dont have driver !!

The reception staff espically Laura and Rabab they were very kind.

Good pleasant stay!
    • Premium Room

In the bath room, the towels and other toiletries are not replenished well after the cleanup. You need to request every time they cleanup the room. The quality of TV needs immprovements

Thee room was spacious and well furnished and real value for money. The staff was always peasant and friendly.

Not bad anyway.
    • Deluxe Room

The Privacy at the Hotel was poor. People trooping in and out and no access control on the floors. I could imagine one will be easil attacked there.

The staff are friendly

Hotel management is rip off they charged visa for no show after me checking out.
    • Deluxe Room

Service, management attitude and no cleanliness. There were no towels no shampoos nothing for daily needs you call house keeping to request and then they argue with you. Be aware of no show charges on your visa even upon leaving.

The hotel staff management is very poor. The rooms don't have towels, shampoos, fridge, microwaves, iron and iron board or any other facilities. You have to walk far to get access to public transport. Poor service and most of the staff doesn't speak English very well. Their tour activity desk is also charged double rates than average or general rates for any tours. They use Visa card without permission and mislead you for more money. Very poor service and no cleanliness. Floors and washrooms were very dirty in the room.

Nice room, and gym.... don't expect much
    • Deluxe Room

Cleaning needs more attention. 12 days / 4 cockroaches... is it much? (I think even one is much...) Each room have doorbells, and other tourist tend to disturb... Mosque is close by - noisy Wanted to try the restaurant, but menu was overpriced and bit boring Parquet is low quality, not timber TV channels are mis-organized

Spacious room Great parking in basement Well equipped gym

Best holiday ever
    • Deluxe Room

I hired a car and the hotel had under ground parking which u had to park the car urself in 39 degree heat other then that would very much recommend this hotel

Me and my wife stayed for 10 nights the hotel was very very clean the staff were awesome i went for my 1st anniversary the hotel gave us complementary cake in our room and whilst we were there it was my birthday and the hotel gave us a sencond complementary birthday cake the room was cleaned evryday fresh towels and the best bit about the hotel was the lift our room was on the 7th floor and every time we went up or down the view of the lobby was just breath takeing me and my wife would really recommend this hotel every time thank you very much for the best holiday stay we could ask for

Best hotel staff, room size was big enough
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Swimming pool under maintenance. There is no sign for room door that mention ( please dont disturbe & clean my room ) which make a problem with housekeeping many times.

Best hotel staff, room size was big enough

Staff was very friendly, we arrived around 12:30 and the...
    • Deluxe Room

There wasn't any in room dining menu at the room and had to request one

Staff was very friendly, we arrived around 12:30 and the receptionist was kind enough to give us a room in 30 minutes, will book again later

Overall, quite good. Rate 4.5 /5.0
    • Deluxe Room

1. You need to have staff from different nationalities. 2. Breakfast when taken separately is quite expensive for the type of hotel. 3. Guests parked their cars at the entrance and were lost for a while. Others waited in the sun

1. Generally a very clean. 2. Well located hotel. 3. The entrance is very good. 4. Lifts are many & functional. 5. WiFi is quite fast.

Room was clean, very friendly staff, good restaurants inside
    • Deluxe Room

far from center, swimming pool didn't work and I didn;t get any information before, staff offered another swimming pool in another hotel which was 30 minutes by car and was opened from 11am till 2pm..shame

Room was clean, very friendly staff, good restaurants inside

Was ok except the mishap on day one.
    • Deluxe Room

Our room a/c not working. Cockroaches in room. They changed the room next day. Full breakfast was not spread ie buffet. One waitress only. Fresh juice the first day was not available.

A nice place situation with friendly staff.

The hotel is in a good location for those with a car.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel needs renovation. Swimming pool and gym did not work, we were not warned in advance. A pool was used in another hotel. There were bugs in the room. The snake had a fly on the ceiling. The description says that the hotel offers parking on the car by hotel staff, but once we parked it and then told us where the parking lot was to park her alone, we did not bring it to us in the hotel. In front of the hotel there were people providing advertising fliers at bars with girls. It made us wonder how much it was possible.

The hotel is in a good location for those with a car. The staff is great. The beds were comfortable. WI FI was great

One of the better hotels in Bur Dubai if you want to be in this location
    • Deluxe Room

Great lobby but sound travels up to all rooms, not fun at 3am!

Cheap hotel in downtown Dubai. One of the better hotels in this area but this location is not the Palm, JBR, etc so really for business users that want a cheap stay. Has a bar.

Not recommended
    • Deluxe Room

Room service always forget to put new towels after cleaning and I have to call them back. Hotel management charged me 70 dirhams for damaging 2 towels (some henna color came to the towels from us). In the beginning they wanted to charge me 150 dirhams which is rediculous way of making money from customers. Pillows were so stiff and not comfortable at all. We killed 5 cockroaches during our stay as well which is a horrible experience. Some TV channels were not clear and internet used to disconnect sometimes.

Location was good as well as the availability of parking spaces.

• Deluxe Room

Room which was provided to me was not hygiene there was insects in the room which I should to the staff . Then they shifted me to another room . Put being a 4 star hotel this kind of carelessness not good as I always like your hotel.

The cleanliness of the hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

The wifi is good but sometimes it has a slow internet connection. Not much variety in the breakfast selection.

The cleanliness of the hotel. Friendly staffs - very accommodating.

Near the property??? The restaurant on the property we used...
    • Deluxe Room

Varying prices of taxis outside the motel when we went into the city. Need to ensure that you get legit taxi and they put the meter on. Out of the hands of everyone but it was hard to take good photos of scenic things due to the sand particles in the air. Almost like a fog.

Near the property??? The restaurant on the property we used once as we were out late most times. We did find the restaurant to have excellent food

responsiveness of the manager on the complaints raised by us.
    • Deluxe Room

there was no jet spray in the washroom but they got installed one in making 1 or 2 calls at the reception.

responsiveness of the manager on the complaints raised by us.

Very bad hotel services hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Well everything is bad as per my experience I use to stay every Eid in moveinpick hotel but unfortunately I don't get this time that hotel so I booked that hotel but as per hotel facilities are very very poor , no activity for kids . And behaviour of gym staff is very rud and can't tolreatable . As well as the staff of dinning hall in very unprofessional . And quality of food is sooooo bad. Kindly remove the hotel add in booking.com

Not recommended
    • Deluxe Room

The reception is not so accomodating. The room is not nice. The glass is dirty even the cup for coffee still have mark of lip stick

Thanks to the filipino f&b staff in HC for accomodating us and being nice to us. She is so good

Comfort with Luxury

Nothing to dislike.

The rooms were quite spacious and it is located in heart of Bur Dubai, the additional benefit is you get to choose, which line you want to go for metro as both green and red line station are equidistant from this hotel. Taxi are readily available being on the main street, leave the hotel and bus stop is right in front of you, so basically you have convenience as per your requirement. Staff are courteous and helpful. The thing I like further was there initiative to save environment, they give you option if you want to reuse your towel again, simply keep it on rack and if you want it to be washed keep it on floor. You have souvenir store near the reception wherein you can buy stuff for your friends and family.

• Deluxe Room

The room was very dirty I had to ask to change room because of it. Part of the satff was nice but the guy that made our check in tried to decieve us on the value. The hotel said that we could do the late check in by e-mail days before but when we arrieved they charged us for it as we didn't show on the usual time of check in. It was very disappointing.

I loved my stay here and will highly recommend it to everyone
    • Executive Connecting 2 Bedroom Suite

The cleaning was not upto the mark.Thats all..Some of the faucets in the bathroom need repair and some of the plug points weren't working either.

the breakfast was great!.the croissants were exceptional.very good spread! The staff was very courteous.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Reasonable but can be better
    • Deluxe Room

The room service is sloppy. People do not respond unless you have called them twice. There were cockroaches in the room. When complained the room was changed immediately. decent one but can be better.

The room was big. Prime locality.

Browse Grand Excelsior Hotel - Bur Dubai traveller photo gallery