Reviews of Donatello Hotel 4 stars

Al Barsha, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#104 of 384 hotels in Dubai

Only staff can be more friendly and pay attention for guest's request .. I requested romantic set up by sending email and I put a note in booking (special request) as well but they did not get back to me and when I reached for checking in,the receptionist said : why you just did not inform us by email. I told her I emailed you already then she said "then I dont know"... Recptionits informed me that she can request to do set up but seems she was not sure what hotel can offer and at some point i felt lost with her words..she just said "anything you want" and kept repeating it will take time and she has to ask the manager and so and so..then I informed receptionist to forget about since time was running out .that was my only problem as I really wanted to surprise my husband and all went for nothing

Everything was nice and perfect..we like it

• Executive Double Room

Pet fee of 200 AED is applied EVERY night of the stay, which is different than anywhere else I've stayed across the world. :(

Friendly staff and lovely rooms!

Staff- not clear from the biginning with their rules, not accepting visitors even for one hour, I was the sister

The value for money, location and cleanliness

During first day it was a problem to get an adapter to charge gadgets

Good location, 7-10 min walk from the Mall of the Emirates. Nice and helpful staff.

• Executive Double Room

Tiny parking lot, but having a small car, I managed. That's all

it wasn`t my first stay there - I knew what to expect. The room was huge, bed comfortable, great price. Staff - fantastic! Great job!

• Executive Double Room

old towl, very noisy ( music ot the pub, not that much of food varieties, the choices to choose a room with breakfast are not available, whether no breakfast or full board

• Executive Double Room

We had a couple of friends over and we were sitting and having a chat, the management kept bothering us telling us to leave they were rude and aggressive. We told them we are waiting for our dinner so we can eat and leave but they kept bothering us till we got fraustated and left.

Room was really well sized

The gym, very old equipment, I was scared it will break on me... dangerous, has to be changed.

Stuff-good, property I liked, except fridge didn't work, I had to make international call but didn't knew the rates, should be more information in the room.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The windows do a terrible job to isolate the rooms from outside noise; my room (1st floor) was above the pub, it was noisy but our schedule was sleeping late so not a big deal for us. This has nothing to do with the property but a downside is that there are 2 buildings being in constructions and sometimes it’s very noisy starting earlier in the morning (4-5am).

The employees tried their very best to offer good services;good room service options; good menus at the buffet type meals for breakfast, lunch & dinner with a great variety to choose from; we enjoyed the pool located on the roof.

Another Dubai hotel that thinks live music until early hours is what guests want, the noise from the Pub was horrendous and this was on Tuesday Thursday and would have been Friday but we left. Hotels are for sleeping not for live bands, the people going to this were almost certainly not staying in the hotel and the hotel does this for money from drinks not for the convenience of the guests. We were on floor one which not only had a massive loud air fan outside the window but also right above the pub. They said we could move but at 10:30 at night with our dog I don't think so. I also think the 200AED extra for my pet was out of order, way too high.

The hotel was OK the staff were helpful where they could be and the room was large

Gym equipments are not in a very good shape and should be replaced with new/latest equipments. The construction work nearby was noisy and disturbing. The property should consider sound proofing in rooms.

The meal options and quality of food were excellent. Also, the flexibility in meal preparations (for vegetarian) is highly appreciated. Thanks to F&B in-charge and Chef! The check-in and check-out process was very smooth and hassle free. The concierge services were excellent. Furthermore, the tourism counter in the hotel provides good sight seeing options and discounts.

Iron and Ironing board should be in room. But was brought to me when I called for it.

Huge room! Bathroom had two showers and bed was extremely comfortable and clean rooms.

• Deluxe Twin Room

No business center or other room with an operative computer for guest use!! That's not acceptable for a quality business hotel. Bed was a bit hard, but comfortable enough.

A modern, business hotel near the Emirates Mall. Clean elegant rooms with plush furnishings. Friendly, efficient staff.

• Executive Double Room

toilet needs a big update. the bath was broken, and it was mold in the bathroom. the towels were very bad quality and very used .need to be renewed.

big comfortable bed. check out very slow when you need to go the airport . the room was very big and comfortable. the bathroom was really bad, I was afraid to use the bath because it had a big crack on the floor.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was so clean and everything perfectly arranged. I highly recommend this hotel

• Deluxe Twin Room

Check in could be faster. There was a little damp smell in the room.

Deluxe room stay with twin beds, spacious with a sofa. Twin basin in the bathroom was nice and an extra shower. 5 min walk to the mall of emirates

• Deluxe Twin Room

Booking . Com room description . We’re a family of 2 adults, one 17yr and 8 yrs. we would not book a single room and there was no provision for a triple room. All rooms were of double. We were forced by the booking.com to take 2 rooms. We felt one room would have been ok with an extra bed.

Spent just under 12 hrs n left. Just used room n bathroom. Then left. For that everything was ok

My room was infront of a construction site and I could hear everything not sure if they are using sound proof windows

Hotel room was clean and pleasant

• Executive Double Room

Great staff great location i liked the romantic arrangement and the surprise upgrade was great gesture thanks a million. Also, the value for money was great deal since i was full board for 2 nights. I recommend everyone want to stay in dubai to book there

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very friendly and honest staff! An upgrade to a huge room only for €10! The staff from the pool put on some very nice music so we could have a pool party!

If you are with a pet then will stay on the first floor. I was not informed that the room I would stay in (114) would not be on the quite side, so every night the sports bar downstairs would play music until 1 am. I could hear everything in my room. The staff was very helpful and asked if I would like to be moved to quite room, but my cat took a day to get used to new surrounding so didnt want to stress him again. So just be sure to ask for quite room if such would be a bother.

Very spacious room and bathroom. Comfortable bed. Clean. Amneties available. Lots of channels on TV

• Executive Double Room

the bathroon old , old towels , poor quality sanitary breakfast average overall fair price but not a bargain far from center

the size of the room and the furniture 5min away from Sharaf metro station

• Executive Double Room

Only negative was noise from building site opposite - not hotel’s fault obviously !

Super efficient check-in Room clean Staff very pleasant & helpful - especially concierge

• Deluxe Twin Room

Too much noise from outside even in the 5th floor because the windows are not sound proof and you hear everything outside the room from people passing. They charge for late checkout and it’s overpriced as a hotel.

The room is big and they have enough towels but not good quality as they are very used.

Room is spacious & good, location good, close to MRT. Check in took 2 hours, too much delay Check out very fast :-) Confusion on advance payment, until I show the proof they did not believe & they were trying to charge excess. Staffs good Reception seating area good Did not get my choice upper floor though booked 1 month before.

There was nothing to dislike at this hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and the room service menu was very good. The hotel is well located for the transport network and the tourist hop on hop off service is very close

-The WiFi was very slow and was interrupting, practically it was not possible to use internet normally via WiFi -The room was cold even with A/C switched off -There was some broken things in the room, they were mended the next day after our demand, but the fact the room was offered in such a state for check-in indicates there is a need to improve service level -Even a non-smoking room was marked in the reservation, we were checked-in a smoking room -The room interior is already little bit tired and the cleaning was not immaculate, there was dust at some not so visible places -The hotel does not allow any visitors, so in case you want to invite relatives or friends for a drink, be aware you can not do it in your room -At check-in the staff at reception requested first 200 AED in cash as deposit, this was not stated in their policy after our request the deposit was booked from the credit card -Before they were offering room upgrades, now no

+ Location, walking distance to Mall of Emirates and Sharaf DG metro station +Bathroom was good and room was of a decent size +Comfortable big bed +You have all you need in the room as facilities, after i requested some addtional things the staff responded to my request promptly +Mineral water was replenished every day +Balcony

Noise of construction work going on around hotel, at times it was extrem.

The room are a good size,and nicely decorated.Very comfortable bed.Lovely walk in shower. Have returned to heel several times.

I would have given it an excellent rating if my perks as a genius level for 2 hours late check out was honored.

I like the cleanliness of the room. Its big and bed is very comfy. Location is also good, its walking distance to the metro train and to Emirates mall. There are also a lot of restaurants around the area.

House keeping are doing a magnifique job....clean room ....

Generally speaking all was fabulous....what I liked most was the room ...was clean and even better than5 stars I visited before....coming back soon

• Executive Suite

Visitors are not allowed ..be careful don't choose this hotel if you have visitors. Also pets boarding price very expensive and not included in the rooms rate ...hotel not recommended.

Good size rooms and facility. Look 4 Ziad ..very good guy.

The room temperature was cold, but I’m nearly always cold.

The staff was verry nice. Extremely nice and welcoming. The room was big and confortable. I liked the warm carpet

The bathroom for this particular room was very small and the towels are old and need to be replaced

The room is very big, refrigerator (mini bar) did not work, but got fixed within 10 min, Staff is very friendly. Metro is very close by. Hotel has underground parking. Breakfast ist good value for money (35 AED) however cappuccino is extra charge.

The shower/bath had mildew ! I switched rooms and it was the same in both! It wasn’t sanitary ! I thought the rooms were run down and carpets needed a nice wash. Breakfast was below average and too expensive. The room lighting was poor. The hotel with a good renovation can become good but in that row of hotels I would categorize this as one of the lowest rated.

Nothing special to like.

• Deluxe Twin Room

- the reception staff waa un professional. - the internet was very slow. - the bathrooms has mold in it. - they dont know how to block amounts they charge everything from the beginning. - they give you a bottle of water for two days if you ask for more they charge you.

No visitor policy. Why have all that space in your room and not be able to have ppl enter it

The deluxe room is quite big and the bed was great. Was pretty neat. Most of the staff were very helpful and sorted out initial issues.

• Executive Double Room

I had a 2-bedroom apartment and i was not allowed any guests. Even for a few hours, still i was not allowed any guests and it literally took arguing with staff and management, to allow one of my work colleagues to occupy the second room.

The layout of the 2 bedroom hotel apartment was nice, but what is the point if you are not allowed guests, even for a just a few hours? Furthermore, there are comparable hotel apartments near by for less and with better treatment from hotel staff. I would not recommend staying here unless you're absolutely alone.

When i stayed before in this property, there were available good room rates with breakfast included. Not such anymore. The mineral water was provided just first day and not replenished like in other hotels in the same area.

Rooms are spacious and provide you all the comfort that you need. Bathroom is excellent. Good location in the communicative area al Barsha, walking distance to metro and Mall of Emirates.

Sometimes, during the meals, the restaurant staff would follow us around the buffet in order to see what and how much are we eating. I can understand their reasons, but it made us feel a bit uncomfortable.

Big room Free transfer to the beach (their pool wasn't available) Close to the metro station

The Reception staff were quite confused during my check in time as they were attending to several people at the same time. Also, I felt they were more attentive towards Arabs than the Asian Guests, in a hotel industry, I strongly believe such a bias is disastrous. Also, they provide one bottle of water regardless of how many nights you plan to stay. Lastly, instead of replenishing my toiletries, I noticed that the Aluminum Cover was neatly placed over again and were not really replenished.

The Hotels Location is the best part, very close to the Mall of Emirates, closest Metro Station is only 300m away, several food joints around the hotel. They have a free Parking Facility which was a bonus!

• Deluxe Twin Room

some constructions around but not that noisy

located close to Sharaf DG metro and not far from Mall of Emirates. really friendly staff. fast check in. got upgrade for better room which is huge and comfortable with big bed. even room temperature was right. I'm in love with soft room carpet :)

Staff was alright but knocking on the door early morning to clean the room was such an inconvenience. It would have been nice if they have some slippers in the rooms for the guests as the carpet in the room looked like it needs replacement. Only one big bottle of water is offered in the room at the beginning of the stay but then no more water for the entire stay of 4 day.

Convenient parking below the hotel. Free upgrade. Specious rooms. Great location.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The bathroom in the room we received was NOTHING like the pictures. They also offered me two rooms and when I asked to switch to the other room (literally 4 minutes later) a different receptionist told me there were no other rooms.

I loved the location. Very easy to navigate. Also close to many malls and restaurants. There was also a lovely pub that wasn't so smokey. The room was also very spacious.

Room, service

Nice rooms, friendly staff, good prices, metro is not too far, this hotel is next to mall of Emirates (walking distance). Nice beer-bar in the ground floor.

• Executive Double Room

The food was mediocre, the furniture was dated, and no hot water in the bathrooms.

The room was large and spacious and the staff were friendly and helpful.

very good clean and modern hotel ,nice bar and very nice large rooms with separate bath and walk in shower ,excellent room .would always stay there if price is right

Wanted to use the balcony to smoke, but wasn't allowed due to outdoor temperature. Able to smoke indoors, but exhaust didn't work well. The fridge did not seem to work. Requested an early checkin four days prior and then were charged an extra hundred Durham on arrival. No response from the request. Pretty poor considering there are plenty of other hotels nearby.

Plenty of room in the suite.

I think all is better

I feel so comfort in this place.iam visiting the place now 2 times.every time i go to dubai i choose this place to stay.staff and safety is good.Room facilities also excellent.Have a clean swimming pool.

The staff was very efficient and did everything we asked for but sometimes they were not welcoming. A simple greeting could turn things up for this hotel.

Location is excellent. The Hotel is very clean.

Too cold even after switching the AC off. The toilets furniture and bathtub need renovation and maintenance.

Space, the room and the toilet were wide. The location. The room was well designed and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The hotel itself is good, but as a long term resident of Dubai I would not recommend the location (Al Barsha) to tourists as there's very little within walking distance to do.

My husband and I stayed here for two nights with our dogs as we were leaving our apartment. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and gave us a room upgrade on arrival so we had a big suite. It was no problem having the dogs there, which is very uncommon in Dubai. I'd recommend the hotel for anyone needing somewhere to stay temporarily in Dubai with their pets.

This hotel is my favorite so search for my last comment below i have written everything might be useful for you . its so nice for both singles and families.

Up on the check in time everything was perfect But during the stay I face to staff attitude issue and is make me will not go back to them even this hotel was my favorite hotel Management manager must have to look after how the staff they provide service to the guest

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Executive Double Room

I asked for the house keeping but it took long time and i had a guest coming over, and the guest came while the cleaner is cleaning

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Executive Double Room

Mini bar was empty, wifi internet speed too slow

Room size -I optioned free upgrade to junior suite- friendly staff -- few steps to the mall of emarites

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

I did not enjoy the breakfast. I found it was not tasty, however it only cost 35aed.

The bed was SO comfortable! The live entertainment at the in-house pub was excellent! Location of the metro was great. The pool was very nice.

• Executive Double Room

They don't allow guests to hotel room!!! I went to Dubai to enjoy my time and see my friends!

Food wear good. Bed was really comfy and it is the best.

No major issues.

It was ok and convenient to me as alone. The staff is good, but usually my personal expectations are high in comparing 4 & 5 stars hotels in Dubai.

1/ entrance of parking is too small. 2/ the number of parking available is too low comparing to number of car. 3/ the A/C was not cold even when i put it on 10c.

everything were good expect what is mention above. .

• Deluxe Twin Room

everything were good expect what is mention above. .

i was staying in this hotel many time , it was cheaper, it was include brakfast,and daily complementery water. this time No complementery water, No breakfast and more expensive. thats why i dont like my stay in the hotel this time when i ask the reciption people they tell my its coz of new managment.

location clean staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

Money for staying was charged from the card but staff wanted me to pay one more time by cash. Said that money will be returned for my account later.

The pool area, many loose tiles, I nearly slipped over.

Everything was lovely...staff very friendly n helpful. My room was upgraded because mine was not ready upon checkin...beautiful...restaurant food great.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Executive Double Room

This hotel is not allowing guests to enter even if they are your parents.The internet is very weak and disappointing, no sound proof you can hear people talking in the next rooms. GYM is a joke, no massage as what hotel mentioned in the facilities description. Room carpet is dirty & no slipper is available in the room. You will be charged for extra water.

I like the location, the toilet is big, room is big & the bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The car parking area in the basement is small and crowdy and its not easy to move in it.

The furniture is completely new and the bed id very comfortable.

They provide complimentary water on the day of arrival. If you stay for a day it is fine but if you are staying for a longer period they charge you for water next day which was annoying as all the good hotels around the world provide complimentary, tea/coffee, water and toiletries and refresh it every day. They may have to look at their water dispensing policy.

Rooms were spacious, staff were friendly, location was great.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

our room was on the rear side of the hotel and there was constant noise from the other building next to it, assuming it was the A/C compressor noise which was all the time on. bad soundproofing

upgraded to suite location clean WiFi

• Deluxe Twin Room

Rooms and corridors have a scent of mould/closed space. They need to change carpets or clean them thoroughly?

Excellent location, friendly stuff and very big rooms

• Grand Suite

Food is not their strongest side, but anyways i was out most of the times, i rarely needed to eat from the hotel.

I mostly liked the very friendly friends, comfortability of the rooms and the value of money.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

We were given a complimentary upgrade from Juniot Suite to Grand Suite. It was HUGE. A real treat. The bed was large an the linen was crisp and clean. There was no view as we looked out onto a car park but it is a city centre hotel so you don't expect the beach !! The Staff were friendly and efficient and the requests to housekeeping were met in a super fast time. Would certainly use it again. It's a 2 min walk to the Dubai Metro which opens up the whole city. A safe area to walk around in at night too.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Feel they are under staffed, and the valet guys do not know how to park a cark. I had an incident where I had to be called from my Room to remove my car from the road!

The TV location is bad compared to where the bed is located. The bathroom had only Hot water.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room smelled strongly of mold. View on building under construction. The breakfast could be better. Generally a non western hotel and for sure not a 4 star at all.

It's near to metro station. Huge room.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

ALL Dubai Hotel Managers make it a room policy not to provide guests with fresh milk and instead seem to think they can extract money from guests by charging them 10 Dhirams extra. Only powdered milk provided and no biscuits. Coffee Mate make makes for a lousy cup of tea...that's why they call it Coffee mate and not Tea mate! How much do small milk cartons really cost and how much money does the Manager think he will make by charging extra for such items. Ridiculous, idiotic policy. With this negative attitude, how can this be classed as a 4 star Hotel? If i'd have know this prior to arrival I'd have brought my own milk and cookies. Other indiscretions: Balcony door locked on arrival. On arrival only one black tea bag provided even though 2 persons staying. Poolside bar ill-equipped for drink orders. Any special requests...yes please empty mini bar prior to arrival...sorry sir not possible for a 4 star Hotel. What ?!!! The staff throughout were very pleasant, attentive and helpful. My criticism is with the Management and their set room policies which are rubbish and disappointing.

Restaurant was not big enough to handle everyone comfortably at breakfast. Not enough tables, so that guests had to use sofas and stools and low tables to eat breakfast from. Pool is much smaller than it appears in the photos.

Rooms were very large, especially the executive room. Immaculately clean hotel in a great location - 2 metro stations and Mall of the Emirates all within walking distance. Choice of 3 bars for a drink.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Elevators were dodgy.

The room was fantastic and the check in was lovely as well. Super friendly staff with quick check in. Great location and an easy walk the Emirates Mall. Breakfast was wonderful including their yummy cappuccino.

Browse Donatello Hotel traveller photo gallery