Reviews of Dubai Grand Hotel by Fortune 4 stars

Damascus Street, Al Qusais, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#294 of 426 hotels in Dubai

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Bad experience, considering I had just stayed in an equally priced hotel near the hospital.

Parking seem like an industrial area and you had to walk through the kitchen just to get back into the hotel. No valet. Poor communicating abilities of the reception.

Don't waste your time here, spend a little more money and stay at the Hilton right next door.

The hotel is not at all 4 Star, location is good, staff is...
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is not at all 4 Star, location is good, staff is also fine but the rooms are very old and the furniture is also very old... not at all a 4 star hotel...

Fine and good for quick stays

Hot water in shower is very weak in terms of flow, Weekend is noisy at night as of bar music would reach 3rd floor

Comfortable bed, spacious room, good location with nice fair price also cool bar and bowling hall - Anthony from front desk is very helpful and would do anything to make your stay nice

Disgusting and disappointing place to stay-Dubai Grand hotel by fortune

The hotel charges AED 150/- when a visitor comes to visit the guest in their room.To save 150 AED the visitor has to sit in the lobby and not go to guest room which is very very disappointing to note.No where it was mentioned in the booking .If I had known I would never book the hotel and will ensure none of my network does that.

Disgusting place to live

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

GREAT LOCATION. VALUE FOR MONEY. GOOD FOOD OPTIONS. COMFORTABLE

THEY LOCKED THE REFRIGERATOR AND DIDN'T ALLOW ME TO USE IT TO STORE COLD WATER. THEY WANTED DEPOSIT /PASSPORT FOR OPENING THE COOLER. ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF DH 15/ DAY CHARGED TOWARDS SOME LOCAL TAX.

GREAT LOCATION. MANY IN HOUSE FOOD OPTIONS. GOOD VEHICLE PARKING FACILITY

Pleasant, relaxing and worth what I paid for.
    • Standard Twin Room

Washroom could be a wee bit more sanitized since there was a very slight odour. Maybe it's due to the age of the property but it can be sorted since I've stayed in many old ones in Europe.

Location, pricing, size of room, no. of food outlets with economical pricing for a hotel outlet.

Good for one night stop

The tv reception was bad. The water pressure in the bathroom was very week. Poor lighting in the bathroom. Bathtub rusty and tiles had fungus. Breakfast was very limited.

Beds were comfortable. Kettle. The housekeeping staff were prompt and efficient. Air conditioning was very good

Nice Bar,comfortable room and quite

The booking was cancelled for no reason, Night shift manager was rude and keeps ignoring me to answer his personal phone during our conversation... they said the room I booked is taken but after long argue they had it

Nice Bar,comfortable room and quite

I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL.

All the things in the hotel were like 1000 years old, I guess they didn't change a thing in years. Their AC was one of the worst all hotels I've stayed in. I maxed out the AC and still, the room has Moisture and I asked the staff to check. they came in and told me it's normal and good enough. I couldn't sleep well. The amount of noise in the room not acceptable at all. even more, their bathroom was dirty they didn't clean it well. I DON'T THINK THIS HOTEL DESERVES TO BE OPENING TILL NOW and how did they get this amount of stars?. The breakfast could be much better but it was not. The food I ordered it was like burned out. I went out and asked for cleaning in the morning and I came back at 3:00 PM and NO ONE CLEANED THE ROOM and he just kept the door opened !!!!!. I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL. it doesn't even deserve the money I paid.

I want to say what I like but I can find a thing to say I like except for their average food and WIFI

Good value for money.

There is noise disturbance in rooms from corridor when people are passing by or talking near the room. Towels quality can be improved. Mini bar should’ve been easily accessible without deposit for a four star rated hotel.

Room was clean and well kept.

Great for a layover from Duabi Terminal 2.

Check-in took a bit longer than normal in my experience, but staff was very friendly and cordial. We did not get a receipt upon check-out, again, doesn't bother us.

We used this hotel for our long layover in Dubai on our way to Zanzibar. A such we only spent about 8 to 9 hours sleeping. The room was comfortable, very chilly, which we don't mind in the humid heat of the summer. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean and served its purpose very well.

Very Comforting...

Well, while extending stay the Room Entry Card activation could have been better...

Had a comfortable stay for 15 days. Good facilities, good place, spacious locality, well connected...Would certainly recommend for travelers of all types

A short layover for terminal 2

Shower didn’t work. When I notified reception they said we sent someone while you were out but didn’t. Dim breakfast restaurant Room service and Laundry drop off requires cash (they don’t put it on the bill). They come up to the room expecting cash but have no money on them for change.

Location near Terminal 2

great place.. awesome staff.. very accomodative..

the bathroom showers and taps can be or should be changed.. water speed is horrible. and the taps by the time you set to the temperature you need takes eternity.

Everything.. the best in the property or for that matter the area is Freddys Bar. Its my home away from home..

It was nice being there, again.

The night clubs/bars play loud music, as they are supposed to. Acoustic Insulation of the rooms (especially the First Floor Rooms) needs improvement.

Value for Money. Proximity to Metro. Proximity to other Restaurants/Grocery stores/Pharmacy etc. Been a guest of this property since 1997. The quality of food and service at the "Naalukettu Restaurant" (Kerala cuisine) still remains awesome. It was nice meeting Mr. Venu again (after six years).

Bad choice

It is very dirty. Toilet in a bad condition, you can see areas not clean. You can smell cooking of restaurant in the areas of the hotel. Car parking is cluttered and smell bad. You pass by the backstage of the kitchen while walking to the parking. You can find better options in Dubai for the same price.

Pleasant and amicable

all good

Location for my work, friendly and helpful staff, amenities such as gym, swimming pool, Freddy's Bar and Indian restaurant with dance troupe all good. Would stay again

The Bad hotel on whole my life... you will not sleep at night at all...

Clean inside room

Too noisy rooms you can't sleep at night I was complaining to Dubai Police And CID came to the site .... Dancing Desco Indian in the hotel No respect of guest Very low standard of quality of services

Lovely stay

The breakfast was average, the restaurant food was also average. Additional vat and taxes were also added onto the breakfast price, which was not stated on the Booking.com reservation. it would be better if all charges are clearly stated from the time of booking, so that one knows the exact amount which is to be paid upon arrival.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel had a lovely swimming pool with a variety of restaurants. I am very pleased that the Wifi was free, considering the fine print on our booking stated that we would have to pay extra for it. Nice pub on site, great facilities and friendly staff.

Nothing special

It was very old hotel. Shower tab has problems...couldn’t balance water... towel was dirty there was some stain of lipstick and black spot.... bath tube was not clean...room has smoking smell...air condition was too cold even for temperature of 24c...

Nothing special

Terrible. I will never book there again.

The first room they gave me smelled like a basement with cigarettes. I asked for a change, they gave me another room right above some restaurant - every time I opened the window, my whole room smelled like oil and food. If I did not open the window, I was freaking cold (in the summer) even with the AC off. When I came in the room, there was a huge black hair in the bathroom tub - and the balcony floor was so dirty one could not walk on it barefoot.

Good, Relaxed and Safe

Smoking zone should be demarcated. We experienced suffocating nicotine smell every time we entered lobby. Breakfast spread can get better.

The room was neat and clean. Lobby is comfortable. Breakfast was delicious.

I didn't like

I didn't like washrooms, and I feel it d it didn't meet a 4* star hotel requirements and too much disturbance from the music clubs in the mezanine floor.

Fantastic experience , a hotel have all facilities beyond my...

Some time front desk dept rude behave specially n night

Fantastic experience , a hotel have all facilities beyond my expatation Club, swimming pool , food , n deshi taba n children’s game etc Whatever I think everything avialabe in hotel

Very noisy room and impolite staff
    • Standard Twin Room

There are a disco at the entrance and it is making a lot of noisy until 3, although I was at the 3rd floor (higher one). The recepcionist was rude and he was not comprehensive with me. I will not recommend this hotel based on my bad experience.

Nothing so Special

Staff obviously wanted tips from us...and when u will not give anything they will shut the door as if ur an enemy...they should put attention to it as if...they r working in hospitality like us...u should never act like dat in front of the guest. Next is guest request too much time to be delivered in our room...AC is broke too...we wanted to minimize the temp but its not happening...still room temp was so cold....thats it..just sayin.🙂

Pool area..and carpeted hallways

The noise in the room killed it!
    • Standard Twin Room

I was in room 144, the night club noise was crazy in the room!!! I had to wait until 3 AM for the night club to close to be able to sleep!! No private parking

Location Nice Staff Clean Room

Never again - overpriced
    • Standard Twin Room

The Noise! We changed rooms the 1st night, but the 2nd was even noisier - the hotel disco/dancing club goes until 3am every morning and the hotel is right on a very busy 6 lane road. The bathroom was disgusting - mould all over the shower and bath, the sink didn't work.... Asked the hotel staff for a map - they'd never had any and couldn't tell us where we were. The metro station was about 1km walk away.

The hotel had a bowling alley/small pub. The beds were comfy. Breakfast was great

It was small and cozy.

The walls were very thin so it was dufficult to get any sleep as I could even hear simple conversations from other rooms and even hallways. No one was being loud it was just the fault of thin walls. Which made it so difficult to get a good nights sleep.at check out the staff of three people were more concerned & waiting for to hear from housekeeping to make sure the room was intact & nothing was missing that the whole time 15 minutes of waiting they didnt ask hiw my stay was or if I needed anything.

It was small and cozy.

• Standard Twin Room

There is a nightclub to the rear music plays till 2:30 am can hear it from your room, was traveling at 5:00 am so didn’t get much sleep but the facilities and location of the hotel to the airport was good.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Comfortable bed , Nice Shower , Queitness and sleeping

Wifi inside the rooms is great , staff are too friendly .. Great place behind to park your car. Rooms are too comfortable and cozy. All you want is provided and good quality for money. Strongly reccommend

Good stay

pricey for its location -- Al Qusais area but everything is okay

Spacious and clean rooms and location is accessible. Lots of restaurants around, complimentary water, friendly staff.. I will recommend this hotel.

Hotel need to care about cleaning especially bed bugs

The room or the bed is not clean,and I struggle all the night from the bed 🐛 bugs , it seems no cares about the cleaning and insect fighting. Especially bed bugs , I was having flight to Rome and I Stayed one night

Location is 10 min to Dubai Airport

Stranget things.

The structure was a bit aparentely cheap . I didnt get hot water for 2 days. Cold shower.

Stranget things. I went took different flights and I arrived hours before. The booking was on my name but I couldn't checking must wait for him before otherwise I couldn't be registered? What happened if he arrived next day? So strange

Too far to be called hotel

Everything was awful. First, when I arrived there was no valet parking and I was confused. I had to find out from a small sign later that I should park from the back side. The entrance was also confusing cause the same entrance was used as exit. The parking was too awful and the way to the lobby was through a kitchen way alley. The room was very dark and old fashioned. The most surprising and astonishing thing is the mini bar was double closed. When I asked why, I was told I needed to leave either my ID or a deposit to open mini bar, and imagine waiting to check that nothing was used from the mini bar at check out😕😕😕. Not to mention the smell of smoke and alcohol everywhere.

Perfect room and all

Lots of disturbance from outside.Ddnt sleep bcoz of one group team. If some group is coming like this should give the rooms in a corner. And the booking time i entered my card correctly,i dnt know how itz declined.In the card there is money also.And i paid by cash before i checkin.Then also they hold my id. I asked,if i want to go outside need my id,reply was there is nothing will hapen if am going outside...

Perfect room and all

Really dirty bathtub.

Really dirty bathtub. Noise from neighbor room through the door in between. Not very good breakfast, but it is because it was indian style which I do not like.

In your Hotel My some small thing was missing and i call...

In your Hotel My some small thing was missing and i call reception. Your supervisor came to me. He committed to morning i will be come other wise other supervisor will come to find out with these guy came for cleaning. but no body came in morning.

Excellent food! Great location!

The mini bar was locked. That the green light near the door didn’t have a switch. I can only sleep with all the lights off. I also had to leave about a few hours after I arrived. There had been an accident and I was needed at the hospital. I didn’t get to enjoy my cozy room, my comfortable bed, or the morning breakfast. I wish they would allow me to return come back for one free night, to make up for the time I lost. I would totally pay for the rest of the stay.

I liked the location. There were so many shops in the area. Everything was in walking distance. I also thrilled at how it looked from the outside. My room, and every room seemed to have a balcony. The food was amazing.

I am satisfied with the stay and recommend this property. Restaurants are at stone throw away

Metro station is a bit away from property.

Selection of gel filled pillows should enhance the comfort. Mine were little hard for me. Ironing facility should be added in the room.

We will not take the room any more in this hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

The staffs are very bad and arrogant. As being a guest, the hotel parking shall be free for me. But whenever I took the car, the security was asking for the wallet parking fees and he is so arrogant and as such i had to took him to the reception to show him that i am a guest there... also the hotel management and the senior staffs were just keeping quiet when i raised this parking issues and the arrogant nature of the security. so the staffs attitude are extremely bad...,

the room is ok

Taking Daily Coupon of Internet Access from Reception.
    • Standard Twin Room

Taking Daily Coupon of Internet Access from Reception.. - Disco Bass music hits in your room, while sleeping till late night... which disturbs your sleep.

It was bad experianve that i had learn from this hotel i will never cone there and also told frnds.

A room decortion and furniture.

I was booked for two person me and my wife.My was had forget her pasport at my grand mothers home i ask to receptionist i wil give you tomorow i promis but the didnot give me bater responc.even i stayed 8 days.on very next day i gave them pasport then they allow my wife to go with me i was showing my mariage certificate also but they couldnot give me good answer.

Poor

Due to my work requested for the room in silent location where I could work with peace of mind but it was noisy , tried to sleep for few hours but couldn't as due to bed sheets got itching in body and got rashes ,house Keeping changed the bedsheets but was same kindly use good chemical to wash bedsheets please , ordered food from room service twice the serving style was worse seems there is Lack of training and no professionalism even the food was pathetic pasta bolognaise was too much dry n thick, shish touk would be much better if could serve with condiments n some salt to b added, the worse part during my stay on second last day the security guy followed me in weird way and ask the room no once I complained to duty manager he told he would chk n will call me back but could nt get back to me, I called again n asked why it could happened the guy gave me very stupid excuse which will be too much if I will write down here but can u guys clear me one thing you have night clubs inside and your staff can't be able to recognize who is Guest and who is ur bar dancers??!! I will never ever recommend any one to go this place .

Mr.Kiran tried his best to accommodate me.

Acceptable

Bathrooms should be completely changed. And I asked for wakeup calls for two days and never got any!

The size of the room was good enough for a solo traveller

Dubai grand great place to stay at small budget

Swimming pool is located at the centre of the club's , which makes it zero privacy and I didn't see any one swimming there

Cheap and worth for money so many entertainment in that hotel, very tasty food

Good hotel which maintains the Fortune group standards.

Close to Dubai airport Terminal 2 if your flight is arriving there. Good ambiance. Good restaurants and Sports bar. Very friendly staff including reservations.

Water tap mixture handle and Suggestion,
    • Standard Twin Room

Water tap mixture handle and Suggestion, Water tap of Hot & cool mixture handle, may change to single liver type operation, shall be reduce water usage, save water & reduce sanitary wastage & electricity bill and conformable to use,,,,

It was good and can alway go to this hotel again or refer a friend
    • Standard Twin Room

Paying for WiFi so that I could go on booking. Com when my mobile data was slow. I had to pay to use WiFi in the lobby to complete my online boozing

The hotel is neat organised and quiet and there is parking.

I stayed in room 117 on the first floor.
    • Standard Twin Room

I stayed in room 117 on the first floor. Beneath this room was the Desi Daba who played loud music until about 2 am....I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and it was a nightmare.

depressing night
    • Standard Twin Room

every thing so painful experience

Very poor quality hotel, over priced, noisy on the main RD staff are useless, worker drilling at midnight despite calling reception and remind them many times smoking every where dump smelly , old place I regret very much booking at the hotel and advise your website which i always use to remove it from the list

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Not a Good experience this time...Plaing to chnage the hotel on next visit.

The front desk executives are non cooperative and arrogant....they never treat the guest as a valuable for the property....this gives negative impact on Guests. Hope they will try to get better staff in future.

It is a amazing place to stay in dubai.....

Good
    • Standard Twin Room

Some staff too much on rules while talking forgetting that they are speaking to a customer whom they should get back to the hotel again as a guest.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Dirty Rooms & Hidden Fees here & there
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms and bedsheets are dirty. No power for a couple hours. They don't have any generators The price you book is not what you get. They charge you many hidden fees they have for tourists

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Surprised with upgrade . . .
    • Standard Twin Room

water pressure in the shower was not good . . .

The receptionist was very good, the receptionist was quick. Mr, Rida & Ms. Diana, thank you for the good reception and change the booking from a standard room to a good suite, it was an excellent stay. I wish to came back again. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

It's clean

Sauna wasn't working.. and we can't sleep coz it's too noisy.. can hear the loud music from the bars/club.. really so annoying..

It's clean

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Enjoyed your hospitalitu

Everything was ok

Reception staff; friendly, professional and very helpful. Housekeeping; assisted me in the best way. Bar at Mezz. Floor; nice atmosphere, very good service, good value for money. Check out; extermly smooth and fast.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The hotel itself is good and the staff is also great
    • Standard Twin Room

In some areas we can see that the hotel need mantenation

The hotel itself is good and the staff is also great They have a nice bar with extremely friendly staff This is a great place to come I am already a regular costumer

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Really tomuch tension . no comfortable . Very poor every things

The reception no underestand the roll of business the are no good talk with coustomer and I'm business man the are no underestand business man position or bad people position them think all customer same

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Poor management and unfriendly
    • Standard Twin Room

Poor managements and non-friendly to customer nor be helpful

Everything is poor, especially the staff, I had almost lost my passport there, I gave them when checking in but they didn't return to me, I had to went back from airport to this hotel to take passport from them, their manager even blamed me not care instead of improving their behaviors. And they refused to give any compensation or just apologize I gave them email address while it seems they got nothing to say about it

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

I request 2 bottle water they said we can't give you have 2 bottles yes what they said to me.2nd they don't have bathrobe if you go 1* hotel you will get also. Minibar is luck at night I'm looking for water they said not allowed so I'm looking for minibar it's luck.

Nothing to say good

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Overall was ok
    • Standard Twin Room

There's no iron box in the room and they should make wider paces in the parking coz its too small parking space so due to that, the doors are touching to another car parked besides

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

In this day and age, you almost expect complimentary wi-fi...

In this day and age, you almost expect complimentary wi-fi in the room. It makes a lot of things more difficult. The gym needs to be a bit better too, offering at least a sauna room.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

I called maintenance team to check on my AC as it was too...
    • Standard Twin Room

I called maintenance team to check on my AC as it was too cold, came and started knocking on my door to open the door, even after i telling him to hold on for a moment still started knocking on the door.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Co operation from staff and management.
    • Standard Twin Room

Only one thing was the source of discomfort and would like management to work on it The noise and talking of housekeeping staff in corridors disturbed us

Co operation from staff and management.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Friendly staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

There is a nightclub downstairs. Sleep didn't happen for me. If you want to go to a disco and then sleep, then fine. If you just want to sleep, stay in another hotel.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Service Got better - Booking.com Review helped
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi - it get's connected but doesn't work.

The attitude of staff was better than last time due to my review for my last stay. I appreciate that. Restaurant staff is friendly and good.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Good Hotel, Reception staff ruins it.
    • Standard Twin Room

The reception staff - not professional at all. No customer service. They weren't interested to serve us. No greetings. Breakfast could have been better.

The hotel and it's facilities seems good other than the reception staff.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Staff Rood,lights not working

Staff was very rood and lights not working,i inform to staff regarding light and as per staff its take long time so we cant do any thing.

Location good

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

nothing.

staff charged me 100aed because bed was dirty and they cannot reuse it.so it means i slept on somebody used bedsheet..and that is pathetic.never gonna visit this place again..

nothing...

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

quiet area and excellent for business

Gym facilities limited. Phone was connecting and disconnecting on its own. WiFi connection has device and speed limitation lass than 100k. Asked specifically to remove alcohol from minibar, but no dice.

Friendly staff, great location, near to the metro and loads of restaurants, super market and a bank. Bowling lanes and pool tables inside the hotel. Good food at the Dhaba. Plentiful parking.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Good facilities

The shower water is too hot and informed to the reception on my first day itself however that is not rectified and no follow up is taken

Room facilities are very good

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The breakfast could have been much much better.

The breakfast could have been much much better...and consider using the right serving instruments for the right dishes. For example who uses a serving spoon to pick up french toast instead of tongs. The overall quality of the breakfast needs good improvement and planning. Otherwise the stay in the hotel was good.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

By misfortune!

There's constant noise of the night life it's over priced 165AED for a coke !! And a place to sit in an Arab live entertainment

The night life of the hotel if you choose not to sleep

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Good value for money

The noise from the bar at night and the construction noise at morning.