Reviews of Dunes Hotel Apartment, Al Barsha

Al Barsha, Behind Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#76 of 318 Holiday rentals in Dubai

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There is no standard luggage scale in the building. The fitness scale in my room was faulty. I spoke to a staff on the need to have a luggage scale as it’s only a plus for their brand, his response was rude and dismissive. Never going back to Dunes!

Far from the market if you are a business person. Far from the metro too. The two bedroom is spacious and ok.

• Studio

I didn't like that the room service last order is 11:45 .

Room service staff was fast and very gentil, room was very clean and reception staff very helpful.Thank you very much.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Would have been nice if they provided complimentary slippers.

I stayed in a one bed room apartment. It was amazing, very clean , spacious and well ventilated. The staff is extremely helpful. I would definitley stay there next time I am in Dubai.

• Studio

Breakfast could be a little better... when we asked, as we wanted to go for a swim at Al Jumeirah, if we could borrow one or two towels for the day, we had a no no answer. I think many people would have taken the towels from the room anyway... we didn’t, we went to the « carrefour » supermarket in Mall of the Emirates and bought a beach towel... I can understand there is a policy... but it would have been simple and nice to agree on lending us those towels. If you are a coffee drinker, get yourself some instant Nescafé as there is nothing to make coffee in the kitchen. And the courtesy instant coffee you get upon arrival really is only upon arrival.

The apartment was great. Large rooms and living room. My son appreciated the roof swimming pool. Location is pretty good, it is right by the Mall of the Emirates. With the metro from there you can easily go to Burj Khalifa, or in the other direction to the Al Jumeirah Marina.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The first floor apartment given to us (road side) was too noisy and could not sleep for the first 2 nights. Thankfully they got us changed to upper floor for the remaining 2 nights. First floor road side is just like sleeping on the road.

Windows Breakfast

Windows are not locked properly and hence you can hear every movement at street. Very noisy. I didn’t like the fact that I have to pay extra money for the extra bed

• Studio

when I arrived for check in, there was a line of people and receptionist didnt really know what to do. I asked for complimentary water, they wanted to charge. Buffet for breakfast mostly indian food. I disliked this hotel and the energy inside, and wont come back.

Not far from mall of Emirates

• Studio

The key cards for the room didn’t work & we had to change them several times until eventually the hotel staff sat at the door of the room changing the battery in the machine. On check in we are not asked if we wanted breakfast or told any info such as where the pool was etc. Just generally not a very welcoming or hospitable stay.

• Studio

The décor was dull..... brown sofas, brown curtains, brown doors, brown wardrobes and brown kitchen...and the lighting was too dim. But the rooms were very clean and well looked after.

The staff were exceptionally friendly, the service was top quality and the location was very convenient for MOE, the Metro and Al Barsha restaurants.

• Studio

Food menu was worst, items were not available when ordered. The house keeping staff was rude, however the manager was nice enough to listen and accomodate.

Easy check in check out and location.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was not the fanciest of places one would expect to dubai, but it was still a great place to come back home too.

The hotel was perfectly located to all the places that we needed to be. It was close to family, friends and good food. The staff was excellent from the management, wait staff, greeters, room serivce and all. The underground parking was a huge plus as we never had to deal with a hot car.

• Studio

The Studio is really bad, small, old furniture, carpets are not clean, there was a continous water sound sewage .. connected with the next appartment with a door (u can hear each other!) and a bad day when they cook fish... Very bad smell coming from their kitchen !!!

• Studio

build a building nearby, if you like to sleep untill lunch - ask for a room in another side)

Friendly staff, good location (the middle of the city). near a lot of shops with products. comfortable rooms with kitchen, washing machine. I recommend!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was noisy at night. Insulation on the windows was poor and the road outside is used by cars to race up and down. Take earplugs. Otherwise a really good spacious apartment.

• Studio

The hot water was not turned on when I arrived, but that could have been due to the upgrade.

The staff were really friendly. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which was nice. The location is also very convenient, right opposite the Mall of Emirates.

• Studio

My key card was sometimes not working and I din’t like having to go down every time.

I stayed here for three weeks and I enjoyed my stay. The staff was lovely the facilities were good too. It’s very close to the mall of the emirates and the restaurant downstairs is sooooo good 😋😍 would strongly recommend the (Emirati menu) room service was on point and the housekeeping was good too very clean.

• Studio

Lobby area is quite small.

Staff especially Ms Jackie was super nice. I arrived one day early. She accommodated me. Hospitality at its best I am not used to in US and Europe. She even upgraded me . Will never forget her. Apartment was HUGE. Close to the Mall of Emirates .

• Studio

We booked a studio apartment. The room wasn't ready, even though we arrived well past the standard check-in time of 2 pm. When we went inside the room, we discovered that it was a connecting room and we could hear noise from the next room. Plus there was an annoying drain in the kitchen which kept making noise. We asked for our room to be changed, but the staff told us they are fully booked and all studios have connecting rooms! An adjacent building is under construction, which causes noise disturbance early morning.

The location is good and near Mall of Emirates. Underground parking is available and spacious enough for SUVs. Room service charges are reasonable.

• Studio

The staff were very helpful. Towels and linens were changed every day. Even dishes were washed by housekeeping. Rooms are clean and spacious. Location is good, next to Mall of the Emirates. Metro station in walking distance 15 min and then 10-15 min by metro to Marina or Downtown. Lots of small supermarkets around. We've stayed at the hotel for the second time and totally liked it.

• Studio

No view and quite noisy from surrounding traffic all night. No business centre or lounge where I could take a business call after check out.

Staff beru friendly free underground parking. Location is central and great.

• Studio

Excellent hotel kept extremely clean. Great location, really pleasant and clean rooms, but the thing that makes this such a good place to stay are the staff. All of the people are incredibly helpful and generous with their time and advice. Front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area is spacious and we liked it a lot. Breakfast : Fresh fruits in addition to all the other hot and cold items. Food was beyond good and great value for money. Fantastic location - close to everything. I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They argued that I had to wait till accounts Office opens to get the final stamped invoice ... which was not expected. Guests must get the proper invoice on checkout. No lame excuses that the locker is locked and accountant will come at 8 am ... apparently I was checking out at 6:30 am

Right from staff to food to cleanliness and “ready to assist” attitude was good

• Studio

Great hotel. I was book this hotel cause the staff allow me check in early, at 9. Cause my flight arrive very early. That's why I choose this hotel and I really enjoy my stay. Also in the room have free snacks. Very recommend to stay. Thank you.

Types of suites

My Room were connected to another room by a door and an Indian family with a lot of noise and just opposite from 7 AM construction noise when i asked for change they told all our suites are same

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff was very supportive - they made me early check in without a problem. As there was a noise from construction ground, they have changed my room for the quiet one in the upper floor. There was a nice steem room in the gym area to recover after a working day. Roof pool is clean and nice. Breakfast is perfect, location is great. Kitchen is well equipped.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

the hotel located in Al barsha area very close to Emirates mall surrounded with under construction buildings. you can hear the noisy sounds from the street especially morning time.

the hotel is clean, rooms are not spacious, average hotel pay little more get much better than this one. Overall it is a humble hotel do not expect a lot.

• Studio

Staff was little rigid. They had one big room available but they did not update our room for free and charged instead where as other hotels do just to make customers. Secondly hotel was not that luxurious. It was just like a common hotel.

It was near to Mall of the Emirates. Apartment inside was good.

• Studio

The reception staff were very friendly and efficient! We got a free upgrade which was a bonus!! Lovely appartment and facilities. Bed very comfy and pillows. Good soundproofing against building noise. Great view of the Mall of the Emirates and location tip top!! In house menu offered very good value of choice and pricing, in fact, the cheapest I have ever seen in any hotel anywhere! And I've stayed in hotels worldwide. :)

• Studio

The kitchen smells of food and odor.but i just left the kitchen windows open for a while and it helped a bit. The place could use more lights it feels dark.

Location. Its just behind the mall of emirates Friendly staffs Huge rooms Free wifi. Fast wifi I originally booked a studio apartment they gave me a free upgrade to one bedroom apartment.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was much to firm for comfort. However, the staff were wonderfully helpful at resolving this.

The welcoming and friendly attitude of the staff who were a pleasure to deal with. The spaciousness of the rooms. The close proximity to the Mall of the Emirates.

• Studio

Noise of the cars passing by.

The location is nearby the mall, just walking distance of 3-5 minutes to to be specific. The staffs at the reception are not intimidating to approach and the hotel room where we stayed at is clean.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I think the price was quite high, I didn't like the breakfast it was very spicy with limited Varieties of bread and egg.

the place was very clean and close to the Mall and other facilities.

• Studio

Very loud construction noises during the day and I needed to sleep during the day. Not really the hotel's fault though.

Room was clean, kitchen adequately stocked for very basic cooking. Pool was beautiful and perfect temperature.

every thing was great

Very big rooms ... parking available ... Great facilities ... 5 minutes walking to the mall of Emirates ... every thing was great

• One-Bedroom Apartment

i booked 1 bedroom apartments for 4 nights. Excellent service, big spacious apartments, good kitchen equipment, washing machine, 2 bathrooms. Lunch was good. Location is excellent, just behind the Mall of Emirates. Overall i would say a good place to stay if want a convenient location with good facilities and good food!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing negative to comment on.

Staff are very courteous & helpful & the rooms are spacious. The staff accommodated my late request for a low floor very efficiently with no issues whatsoever. Room facilities are excellent & very clean. Location is excellent for both shopping, local restaurants & bars......all walking distance. I'll be booking to stay again next month.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast has no much opthions. Chease area have only lapna and olive. they provide eggs also. They can do better in breakfast. Coffee also is not real one. it is only Neskaffe.

It is quite and clean. Enough and big parkings. Staff are very welcoming and nice.

• Studio

construction all around the Hotel. If you are a light sleeper like me you might have a problem. Studios get a lot of noise and cooking order from the next door apartment because of the common door between them. I had to leave the window open most of the time.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Windows are not sealing properly & the traffic sounds reaches even to 6th floor and was not comfortable.

Location was great & the flat was big and very clean.

• Studio

Next to my room there was too much noise because there were children taken clases or kinder garden , really I don’t know , but I went to sleep at 5 am and 9 am they start to do too much noise, keep in mind this situation please !

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Two burners in the kitchen didn't work.. the cleaning staff didn't clean the room properly some days...

Everything else.... the fact it was close to the mall... The guys at the entrance were the absolute best...

• Studio

The staff was very helpful. Because of the young baby, we had some special requests, which were fulfilled by the staff. The hotel is next to the Mall of Emirates, so the metro could be reached easily. The view from the roof (where the pool is) is really nice.

• Studio

I had an apartment with one bedroom in Dunes hotel. What can say: big space, two good bathrooms, good furniture, good (neutral and classic) style or apartment, big bad. The kitchen was equipped with everything I needed. Just as I understood the water in the bath shower cant be just warm, not hot, but in the washbasin I had also hot water. Good condition as well. Very helpful and friendly staff...So....its a worthy place

• Studio

They did not allow me late check out which is 4pm in other international brands however they did offer me until 2pm which was no good for me. Rest they did not have any business center or big lobby where I could sit with my delegates.

Hotel apartments where quite big, they upgraded me from studio to one bedroom for free. It was nice to have such an apartment with all facilities from kitchen cores to washing machine.

• Studio

I would have liked more tea, coffee and water in the room.

we got an upgrade as soon as we arrived, the staff were lovely, nothing was too much trouble.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Swimming pool could have been warmer.

Location wise perfect for the Emirates shopping mall, walking distance. Rooms were very comfortable very clean any problems dealt with promptly by the staff. We were always greeted with a smile from every member of staff. Would stay there again. ( a bit of building work next door but no noise was heard)

• Studio

Nothing really only the shower was not working properly

The Room was spacious and quite nice,the facility for kitchen is complete .They upgrade out studio to one room appartment.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They could have done better with the selection of food for breakfast buffet.

We like the location, the room is spacious, and the room cleaners are excellent.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Actually our family were staying 4 days at dunes apartments. It was a great time for us very comfortable rooms with apartment , good foods, very nice efficient staff, Cleanliness and the hospitality are the best things which they have given for the clients

• Studio

I have stayed at the Dunes on several occasions and cannot praise it too highly. It is excellently located and easy to get to from all parts of Dubai, close to the Mall of the Emirates and the Dubai Metro; there are a number of small shops very close-by as well. It is easy to find taxis too - rarely will you have to wait more than a few minutes. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped and have everything you could need for an enjoyable stay. The staff are friendly and constantly helpful. The restaurant is good and very reasonably priced, with a wide range of food. The price of the Dunes is highly competitive compared to other Dubai hotels. I hope to stay there again on subsequent visits to Dubai.

• Studio

It’s not designed as a hotel resort. No bars so don’t expect it.

Great location and easy to get around dubai with. No bar but enough around. Given the price the standard was good enough.

• Studio

View from balcony not great as construction was happening on opposite side of road. Travel & tour lady miss simran had disguised me and cheated lots of money from me. First she told no charge for my daughter for Dunes Safari but when I complained about their poor service, this lady forcefully deducted 150 AED for my kid who is just 3 year old. Her driver was very rude and impolite. His name was Tarik. They forced me along with my wife & daughter to sit on back seat which was boiling due to hot weather. So baby is forced to sit on back seat and young people were sitting on front seats. She also cheated me on Dubai parks and resort tickets. She gave me tickets at same price as it was available on counter but she had claimed that she is giving me discounts. I had informed about this to Hotel staff but they didn't do much to get my money back from this agent. This could be only reason if I would not go this property in future.

Cleanliness, tasty food, humble and courtious staff, very near to malls of Emirates.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel is very nd smell .. none of us were able to handle it .. also the bed was not comfortable felt like cheap matrix.. I could find better place to stay with the amount .. but I was wrong when I decided to book it base on the rating.. 7 is too much

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was so noisy and smelling cigarette

Staff and management very high appreciated, Especially Mr. Zahid was really very helpfulI appreciate his cooperation and assistance. Thank you for everybody in this Hotel

• Studio

This is the third stay in the hotel. I recommend this hotel for those who need to be near by metro station and emirates mall (one of the famous malls in Dubai). The experience with the staff was excellent and the food was amazing. Next visit I will stay in Dunes.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bed are the worst I ever tried in an hotel and when they charge 3 $ for an extra blanket!!!

Location is great, walking distance from Mall of the Emirates

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast should be more cosmopolitan

The location was perfect, our 2 bedroom apartment was really homely, our kids loved it there. The view from the room was lovely too. The pool was perfect... Jacuzzi for the kids and a a bigger pool for adults. The kitchen was adequately stocked, all the staff were absolutely fantastic...courteous, helpful, nice...value for money

• Studio

The hotel's location, literally right in front of the Mall of the Emirates is incredible. We had a full blown view of the place and could watch the cityscape shift from Light to dark to light again. The amenities were great (rooftop pool and gym were a plus) but the highlight was definitely the incredible staff. All were super hard workers and truly went above and beyond the call of duty. They were always kind and courteous. Two staff members come into mind in particular, Johan and Rakibul. They were absolutely a delight and had an awe inspiring work ethic. They definitely deserve a huge raise! The same goes for all the staff I had a pleasure to encounter, hard working and honest people. To come back to a clean room, washed dishes and sparkling bathrooms was always a treat, and the ability to literally walk to one of the worlds largest malls or get the staff to kindly get you a taxi there, was incredible. You expect this stuff from most hotels, true but these guys take it to the next level. Overall a really great stay, super clean hotel, excellent room service. From my point of view, I really didn't find anything lacking, especially where the staff was concerned Thank you for the great experience, Dunes! - Zeina Karam

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

AC for family hall was terable and too hot Both room AC with one controller Swimming pool is not for kids!! As this is a family oriented appartment ! Food and restaurant is not that much good

The apartment room arrangement nice for family stay

• Studio

my room was next to the construction site I did sleep as its too noisy, as if am inside the construction building.

room service is fast and polite staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The waiting area in the lobby... the seating was ugly and not comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable specialy the pillows were extremely soft and clean.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had a problem with internet access on one day, and one of the AC units got stuck on another day. These issues were minor and they were sorted out effectively by staff.

Our 2 bedroom apartment was enormous, with an excellent lounge and dining area. The location was fantastic - easy proximity to Mall of the Emirates (including the metro station), plus all of the local restaurants and shops in Al Barsha 1. The hotel has a small restaurant at the ground floor which does good simple Indian dishes, with the food all available through room service as well. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, and always friendly.

• Studio

Kitchen Cloth is required.. Carpet need to change...

Everything was awesome.. Perfect💯..5star service... Check-in was Quick.any guest request was attended on time... Value of money.. I will come again .

• Studio

Better check the eating utensils during breakfast, not properly washed.

I love our room (studio) and their swimming pool!!! The staff in the rooftop area were very nice and helpful. The pool's clean - perfect.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

1. the lifeguard in the pool,he was insisting that my 20months old toddler is not allowed in the pool even if i will be with her but since i insisted, he allowed but went to stay at the side of the pool to watch. For conservative ladies who wanted to swim with their swimwear they are not comfortable with man around reason we requested him to leave and he did with a reminder of not to leave the toddler.as the mother of the toddler,its an insult to me since i am not a delinquent mom that will leave her kid. 2. The reception whom we requested for a dishwashing liquid, the answer is that they do not provide such but after saying we will not be able to wash their utensils they immediately changed their statement and told that they will send someone to give the dishwashing liquid. 3. The room is not what we expected coz the location is in front of a busy road with some constructions all around us, that made our stay SO NOISY!!! Even the kitchen, we expected that it is close but its NOT and we expected that there will be a dining table but again theres NONE. Even the toiletries, are incomplete.my husband was not able to shave coz theres no shaving kit, as well as dental kit (which are basics in every hotel). But despite it all, we, as a family had a great time coz we are all able to be together. Hopefully, this experience of mine will help the other travelers to have a quick reality view of what they may experience and for the Management to improve their quality of service if they really care about quality customer service.

The trolley boy, sarij, is definitely of big help in transporting our stuff from the room up to placing everything at the back of the car.he definitely is familiar with his job.

• Studio

The Location is perfect for me. The room is spacious. I got lucky my room was upgraded to 2 bedrooms Thanks for that. My booking initially is 2 nyts bcause of the upgrade i stayd for 4 nyts... 😊😄...The lobby personnel are great. Definitely coming back in this hotel apartment. Hopefully Soon 😉

• Studio

There is construction happening at the building next door, with work even happening at night. The noise even though not too loud was enough to disturb sleep.

Requested for suhoor to be delivered to the room and was promptly done at the time requested.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Studio

Health Club had very chilled A/C which was not good once you come out of swimming Pool or Work out.

the Location is good and very close to Mall of Emirates. rooms are really good and clean we were upgraded to 1BHK which was very kind of them.

• Studio

Not neccessarily a negative as I beleive the room is priced with this in mind, decoration and furnishings are a little dated, but I beleive you get what you pay for. I also was aware in advance of the construction work to the side of the hotel in which my window/balcony face. As I was aware of this via Booking.com recent reviews It was not a major issue. Construction noise started around 7am and finished by 7pm.

Ideal location for me as was frequently visiting Jumeirah Lakes Towers for work and local convenience store for supplies as well as walking distance to Mall of the Emirates. Studio apartment was perfect for my needs, with decent Wifi strength. All facilities provided in kitchenette area and bathroom was fine.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Studio

I found someone from housekeeping inside my room suddenly without knocking the door or leave the door opened while he is inside. I lose confident & safety feeling in this hotel so I left.

Everything was fine. WiFi was super fast & staff is friendly. Manager is very professional and he did more than expected to resolve issue happened to me.

• Studio

As per our previous visit, I was most impressed by how friendly and conscientious the staff were, no matter who we interacted with. The security guard we were particularly impressed with. We ordered food from the Dunes restaurant and it was absolutely divine! We appreciated the upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment with more space for our 2 year old

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Studio

Disappointed with the in house travel agent-the brochure and comments on the desert safari were misleading and inaccurate. We paid for all inclusive non alcoholic all you could drink package and when we arrived at the camp site at approximately 5pm was told we had to pay an additional 50 Dirham each or wait until 7pm to get a drink. When we provided feedback to him he said it would never have happened. He said he would contact the company. Considering the outcome I would have expected a refund of the difference of 50 dirham each as clearly we did not receive what we paid for. We would have expected some communication to resolve the issue.

Convenient location Courteous staff and very willing to assist.

None so far.

Spacious room for one bedroom with two toilets and bath which for more than two occupants is a good deal. The receiving area, dining area and even the bedroom with very good space areas. Excellent staff service. The location is like a short walk to Mall of Emirates - no need to worry about traffic and going back to the hotel late at night.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Street and work noise during nighttime was sometime disturbing. We were at 6th floor and would have expected a better insulation.

Staff was really kind and helpful, breakfast is tasty and fit most needs (sweet and salty), rooftop swimming pool is well equipped and location is very close to Mall of the Emirates and 24/7 supermarkets.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Could upgrade the blow dryer to a newer model

The bedroom was wide enough to put a crib. Beautiful room and comfortable bed. Had many good nights there

Browse Dunes Hotel Apartment, Al Barsha traveller photo gallery