Reviews of Dusit Thani Dubai 5 stars

133, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#100 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Deluxe Double Room Burj Khalifa View

- They blocked world cup channel so we could not see world cup in the room, this maid us angry! - They don't wait for you outside hotel and try to help with Taxi, may be lazy and they need to look at this -

- Great location near Dubai Mall - Nice restaurants and coffee shops near the hotel - Great breakfast

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite – 2 King Bed

VERY HELPFUL AND KIND STAFF (the staff raised the hotel to the higher level) ! Nice room (big bed, view of Burj Khalifa, ...). Lots of restaurants right in the hotel. Amazing breakfast. Close to the city center. Free Shuttlebus to beach, mall, etc. Nice service for good money! We are in Dubai regularly, but this hotel was very surprising :)

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

Firstly we were told on arrival that the pool was out of order. Would like to have been told earlier or on booking. Swimming pool was available at another hotel but this was further than we would like to have travelled. The biggest downside was being awoke at 10am by drilling in the above room. Without any warning! Staff had no clear idea of when it would be stopping. By the second day they did offer for us to switch rooms - which we had to ask for.

The bed was very comfy. Stayed in the one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean. Good location with shops in walking distances.

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

My family and I definitely enjoyed our stay at the property, it really exceeded our expectations and everyone was so friendly,welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed going to the breakfast buffet every morning and the staff, like I mentioned before, was always pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay there again and will recommend to friends!

• Deluxe Room

You enter the property and you know this is a 5-star hotel. The staff is very warm and the best part is, it doesn't take long for you to be checked in. You can choose a high/low floor, smoking/non-smoking room, with/without breakfast, extension/reduction of the stay. I was given a room with a pretty good view of the Burj and the night sky lit it up just the right amount. The room is cosy and the bed is oh-so comfy. One thing I wouldn't say didnt like but thought could have been done better is the fact that there was a partition in the toilet for the WC and the shower. It gave that side of the toilet a very dorm/hostel type feeling. What made up for it was the window right beside the bath with a clear view of the television.

• Executive Suite with Burj Khalifa View

it was very old fashion, I prefer the hotels with light and bright interior design and decoration. the furniture also was very old.

The Room service food and Spicy Chicken biryani was lovely. the staffs who working there are very polite and supportive.

The traffic congestion trying to reach Dubai Mall or Sheikh Zayed to go south

Willingness to accommodate an early check-in. Having a 24-hour restaurant on site.

• Deluxe Double Room Burj Khalifa View

Very good location, and the shuttle service to Dubai mall and other attractions made our stay very convenient to explore the city. Our Executive Club Suite Room is very large and has a beautiful view of the city and Burj Khalifa can be seen right from our room. The staff are very friendly. Arnie was very helpful and friendly when we inquired about the tour packages. Roko at the frontdesk was very accommodating on our requests, fast and good service. Ronald was very helpful when we had our swimming in the hotel. Rashid was very helpful too. Sharon was very friendly too. Overall, we experienced good personalized services during our stay. I almost remember every name since the staff are so accommodating.

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

I don`t like the bodyguard near the elevator when he refused to let me in with my wife before to make re-check in the recpiation

I like the staff in the reception I like the view in the room and the cleans of the room and the hotel

• Deluxe Twin Room

Traffic noise all night because of your location. A lot more needs to be done to soundproof your rooms

Reception staff excellent - Elly was a knowledgeable and pleasant person to meet upon arrival. Very polite and knew how to ask delicate questions and deal with the same

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite

Shower area in one of the toilets was too small, which results in a flooded floor after a shower.

The view from the room of the Burj Khalifa was amazing

• Deluxe Double Room Burj Khalifa View

Comfy and clean. Convenient shuttle bus to the malls. Having Jones the Grocer restaurant with great food and drinks is a bonus. Every staff was giving great service, friendly and warm.

• Deluxe Room

The honeymoon arraignment was not as per I requested or my expectations it was very simple for extra AED262 also flower was not fresh

I like the room and view

• Deluxe Room

- I have to wait like 25 minutes until my room is ready, even though I arrived like 5 PM!!

- I like breakfast, so much different with so many fresh options - Love SPA - Nice location

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite – 2 King Bed

The atmosphere was quite questionable, not sure if it was a previous smoking room or the carpets needs to be cleaned, however it caused me some difficulty in breathing and itchy throat.

Location and two bedroom apartment was specious

• Deluxe Double Room Burj Khalifa View

The hotel is very nice because it's close to Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and the Financial Center metro (5 minutes by walk). The personnel is really kind and always at your disposal. They organized for us also the journeys in Abu Dhabi and in the desert and this last one was wonderful! The breakfast is very rich and with a lot of variety. The swimming pool is opened till midnight. All perfect!

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite with Burj Khalifa View

The hotel is relatively new w clean interior and modern amenities. Excellent customer service from the staffs especially from the front desk agent, Festus who attended to our check in

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

I have stayed at the Dusit several times over the last decade, and to compare today with that first visit, it’s not the same. There have been obvious cost cutting measures, and it needs renovation.

• Executive Suite with Burj Khalifa View

Breakfast seemed a bit unorganized one morning: I had almost finished my breakfast before anyone came to ask if I wanted coffee. Transportation: take the local taxi or use hotel bus- another option is to take the “luxury” car transport that the helpful staff likes to offer. Local taxis are cheaper and will take you reliably anywhere, and charge much less than the Lexus transport.

The view, staff, hotel facilities and location. The hairdresser salon is excellent and they’ve done a great job every time I’ve visited. Breakfast on the 24th floor has a great selection of food. This was my third time staying at Dusit Thani and it did not disappoint.

There is no duvet cover its just a light blanket! They need to improve their bed covers and get duvets! The pillows were poor, i called to ask for an extra bed cover for my baby crib because my baby has allergy from the wool baby cover and they claimed they dont have any extra.. how can a hotel this big dont have one extra bed cover? My sister in the other room found something very disgusting in her bathrobe! The cleanness is ZERO out of 10! The valet drives ur car like crazy & we also found a scratch in the car, the supervisor did nothing about it! VERY POOR HOTEL!

• Dusit Club Room - Burj Khalifa View

Club lounge food can be more various

Spacious and clean building, reasonable rate for club room, Easy to access burj Khalifa and Dubai mall, surrounded by good restaurants and kind and responsive staffs.

• Deluxe Room

Everything was excellent and comfortable The staff were so friendly especially Mr. Walid The location was great in the middle of the city Beautiful view from the room Thanks and for sure i will stay there again

• Deluxe Room

There was a 200 AED hold placed on my card and was told it would be returned in 7-10 days. It hasn't been done.

Check-in staff was very nice and helpful. Adnan was extremely helpful.

All was awesome!

Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful to boot. I was no ordinary visitor and they exceeded my expectations. Great view, breakfast and bed!

• Deluxe Room

Booked 6 nights at the hotel. Third night came back late at night slept woke up in the morning to see stains of blood on the bed sheet. Got an upgrade to an executive suite and a complimentary lunch or dinner. On the last day i wanted to reveal my complimentary lunch and called the reception where they refused at first with the excuse that it was scheduled to be revealed the past 2 days (no one told me). Went down to the reception where the hotel manager said they have taken the bed sheet to the lab and the report showed that the blood stains is fresh (all this in 48 hours). I asked to see the reports but she refused and was accusing me of lying. Although at the day of incident we lifted the bed sheet with the manager of the hotel and it was very clear that the blood is dry/dark and old.

Location, concierge staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite with Burj Khalifa View

My cousin was bitten with a bed bug from the throwpillows. But the management quickly sent a doctor to check her.

Its proximity to metro station and the view of burj khalifa

• Deluxe Room

The concierge is very helpful, especially the lady who provided us the complimentary shuttle bus to dubai mall on 12th. There is a also a. Lfront desk male agent who helped us to settle the room so fast even though we were early check in. I am sorry that I could not remember those mentioned staffs; however, I truly appreciate all of their assistance to make our stay comfortable.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite with Burj Khalifa View

The securty of the bulding is more than full that let you think you are in prison , but every thing else is good

I like the view and A/C and the cleanliness

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite – 2 King Bed

We were staying in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 very comfortable king beds. The apartment was very spacious and clean. Excellent location and lovely views of the Burj Kahlifa. The views from the pool deck on the top floor across the city were amazing. All the staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite

Some issues like slef parking was the main problem as they lost my car what make us waiting for half hour or more I ask them many to remove the mini. Bar but they didn’t care

It has a good location and perfect for family as they had wide apartments

• Deluxe Room

My wife and I stayed at other Dusit Thani hotels and love them. In the Dubai the Dusit Thani service is as good as always, but the facilities are disappointing. The room itself was nice and clean, but other facilites were not. The gym is basically non-existent. They have a very small room with some machines, while the dumbells and cardio equipment are outside this room in the middle of the hall. The pool is small and not nice. Worst part is breakfast. It is served in the foyer. All rooms are open to this foyer. We could hear noises from 5:30am when they started preparing the buffet. Location is not good either. On a map it looks great, but actually is at the end of a street that can be accessed only from the other end, so taxis have to go down almost a mile and then come back. There is nothing walking distance either.

• Deluxe Room

Just end of last year the staff was good, but with the new people at the desk it is really very bad. They are rude and does not have a clue about customer service.

Quality of hotel facility is amazing, which is why I have stayed here last three times in previous six months.

• Deluxe Room

An elevator was temporarily out of service. Slight delays during busy hours.

Great restaurants. Great customer service for sightseeing, general question etc. even from the restaurant personnel. Check-in / check-out quick and more than satisfactory. Very good availability of Taxis.

• Deluxe Room

According to 5 star Hotel, the Breakfast facilities was very poor! You guys really need to renovate this area and offer much better quality variety of food!

Staff very profissional!

• Deluxe Room

staff, especially the business center is extremely horrible, they are yelling at me, unbelieveable in any hotel nomattwr it is five star or not.

convenient, good location

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite – 2 King Bed

the bathroom very old style 👎👎👎 and nt clean ..the hotel need to be redecorate and Renovation of furniture ,carpet, bathrooms and the bedsheet and nothing look like the pictures in booking or the hotel site ...the pictures maybe taken before 15 years 😐😐😐😐😐

the location 😍😍 10 out of 10

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

I like it that the house keeping kinda knows we dont like the other pillows that whenever I asked for them to make up the room they didnt put back those pillows in our bed..

• Deluxe Room

Key card always not working imagine if you taired and you go to floor 32 then you discover that your card key not working it happened to me every time

Location and one phlipino guy in reception is friendly other are not

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

The staff friendly attitude and helpful manners

The breakfast and food in general was really good .. has different choices and restaurants to choose from.

• Deluxe Room

Service not that much , valet parking need same time to be available, breakfast very limited variety on daily basis,no much actity in the hotle & they did not informed every body about their services(such as buses from hotle to Dubai mall and back). Even in washroom first use found loss hair in floor??

Smile and atmosphere of Thai

• Deluxe Twin Room

in non smoking rooms the smell in the room was not evacuated well.

everything was good/ especially the upgrade we received for our room free of charge at the front desk

• Deluxe Twin Room

Checking in was slow , had guaranteed smoking Room , which was not available on my arrival so they claimed to up grade me into higher category room which had furniture and carpet un clean and in poor condition . I was told that they can give me a better room if I am to pay an extra 400 dirhams per night " usd 108" I refused to pay this extra charges. We spoke to them multiple times regarding the cleanliness and nothing happened. The hotel was deceiving because it looks a lot better in pictures than in real life.

• Deluxe Room

The carpet of the room is very old, it’s tearing up in some places and it is smelly

I like the lovely people working there and the location of the hotel

• Deluxe Room

The smell of food in the rooms on Friday morning. The music in the corridors can be heard from inside the room, that was inconvenient. The elevators usually take a while.

Excellent and very helpful staff. The hotel in general is very clean.

• Deluxe Room

-First of all, there is no outdoor seating all the restaurants are indoors, -some things in the room were not functional, the water hose in the bathroom was broken and leeking, the clock in the room was broken, the coffee machine was not working properly, I couldn't find an iron or a water kettle, although when i asked for them they bought them quickly, -I ordered dinner and hot dessert and they brought all the food in a tray not heater table so it got cold quickly. -The person who checked me in kept telling me how no one can get u a room that fast except for him, he kept repeating which mede me uncomfortable, I don't know ifhe was asking for a tip. -My window was very dusty I couldn't enjoy the view.

Nothing special at all, just ok

• Deluxe Room

The only thing that bothered me is that they'll touch your clothings and make them up for you. As a person who is sensitive for these kind of stuff, I was annoyed.

For the price of the hotel, I thought it would be alright. But it was excellent! - The room had a great cooling system. No one even complained about the room being a bit hot or a bit cold. It was perfect. - The bed and all its contained were far more than comfortable. I usually have a problem going to sleep changing positions here and there. But at the hotel's bed, I just dropped myself on the bed, covered myself and I went into deep sleep. - Every self-cleaning product that you can think of is available. You missed your tooth paste? Your body wash? No worries! You can find a brand new one in the bathroom! - Great attitude by the staff. What made my trip to Dubai more enjoyable is the staff of the hotel. They were giving smiles here and there, talking politely. Just an amazing attidue by them. - Fast service. I didn't check-in online. I went to the hotel and checked in myself. To be honest, I thought it would take a while, but in reality, it didn't take that long! I just gave them my passport, my booking No. And signed a paper and we were ready to go! ALSO the room service is included in this part. As soon as I called the room service, they ringed my room's bell immediately.

• Deluxe Room

It is not something that can be helped or changed, but if you are into big bright rooms with plenty of sunlight, this hotel may not be your best bet. It's quite dark and cold. An autumn feeling like.

I was impressed by the cleaning staff. Though I was away at different hours, they always arranged themselves to do the cleaning while I was away. And did a marvelous job. Thank you, guys!

• Deluxe Double Room Burj Khalifa View

Housekeeping service could be a little faster.

The Dusit service is unparalleled anywhere in Dubai & exceptional for a hotel at this price point. The location is excellent as is value for money. Jones the Grocer restaurant is a great restaurant.

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

Not clean as expected, no one told us about the free Shuttle bus the Hotel offers... old furniture...

Good Location, bell man and concierge were very friendly

• Deluxe Room

I have a wonderful experience so I can say everything was perfect. However, I didn't experience the breakfast. Room was clean and spacious. Staffs are friendly. Location is about five minutes walk away to the metro station. Some restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacy are nearby the area.

• Deluxe Room

we were requested for late check out as we did late check in and the staff was keeping calling us and knocking the doors asking us to leave that I made us totally upset of the hotel expectation.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite

The booking requirements are not met

The hotel services are good but the reception staff have no communication skills, and the booking requirements are not met

nothing.

was a great stay. quiet and relaxed for a little get away. staff was great and food as delicious. hotel facilities were great and breakfast variety was amazing and beautiful. valet was great and didn't have to wait a lot to get my car .

• Executive Suite

I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast, there was a few choices to choose from, they didn’t change them for 3 days except for a very few dishes and the dining area wasn’t well decorated and uncomfortable, it wasn’t at the level of 5 star hotel, hope they improve it in my next visit

Every thing was good, The view from my suite in the 35th floor was amazing

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite with Burj Khalifa View

Just a small thing - This was my 3rd trip to dubai. But this time we were not offered dates in the hotel lobby or room. i got them in every hotel i stayed in dubai.

view, comfort, accessibility

• Deluxe Room

The towels in the bathroom had some black pots, and we had to ask the staff to change, but the new ones they brought have the same problem, we had to double check all of them before use them.

The location is as we wanted, in downtown DIFC area and near the subway station. And they upgraded us to the room with the view of Burj Khalifa.

• Deluxe Room

We are very pleased with the work of wang lei at the reception desk. He received us with great enthusiasm and considerate service.For the first time in my trip to dubai, I felt at home.

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

we arrived 4pm and had to wait 1 hr to get the room, a smoking room. We have an 8yrs old daughter and nobody asked us for our choice of smoking-non smoking. we complained and got changed.

location is great. we got an upgrade.

• Deluxe Room

Some of our qualms were the menu for the breakfast (it was same for couple of days) and long-waiting for the elevator. Also, sometimes we tried to catch attention of waiters to serve tea or coffee.

We had a marvelous stay in this hotel. Wonderful interiors, very good service, extremely friendly staff and some excellent dining, must recommend the hotel's The Californian Restaurant for the breakfast with amazing view to the Burj Khalifa. We were satisfied with the work of housekeeping team. We liked the shuttle bus service, which generally covered the main tourist destinations. Also, the location was good being close to downtown and Dubai mall with metro access. It was safe and secure to walk in the neighborhood during evening hours. Reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite – 2 King Bed

nothing really, everything else was perfect. location, facilities, staff and food were great.

the size of the 2 bedroom apartment is very good. waking up on Christmas morning with the view of sheikh zayed road was beautiful. the nice gesture of giving us free breakfast since they couldn't give us non smoking room which we requested. staff were very helpful and polite.

• Deluxe Room

The check in was very slow. The breakfast was terrible. The room was aged. Tge shower was leaking. The room had no iron or ironboard, had to call and ask for it. The room had NO tissue box anywhere.

Just the location.

• Deluxe Room

on check out they wanted to charge me additional charge for something apparently is in the room and i did not use, they had to go again to the room and check that it is still there to delete it from my invoice

• Executive Suite

Room dining was knocking the door at 2 am even we didn’t order. Room decoration is poor and empty ! Service and room cleanliness was bad not like previous visits! Fire drill at 11 am !

Quite room

• Executive Suite with Burj Khalifa View

Hotel description clearly indicated the hotel had been upgraded/refurbished which it hadn't. I knew the hotel to be an older one in Dubai which is fine but I was encouraged to stay reading that rooms had been refurbished; simply not true of the 3 x executive suites we had which smelt old and had outdated / worn furniture/fittings. It wasn't the end of the world but meant the property didn't live up to the expectations it created.

Executive Suite was a decent size, views were also as promised.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Suite – 2 King Bed

(1) The pots in the apartment kitchen were old and poor quality. We asked for a new one - they were very quick to bring a new pot but again it was very old and scratched. I'd advise the hotel to invest in some new kitchenware. (2) The roof top pool facility and the staff around the pool were all great - however I'd encourage them to react to poor behaviour from some customers. For instance, one day there were four kids swimming with their underwear - which in my opinion is not hygienic.

Really liked the two bed apartment and kitchen facility (which was key for us due to young children). Staff were all very accommodating and welcoming.

• Executive Suite

The room was very small ... I normally get a suite but this was a corner room that was smaller then the one I usually take ... not worth the amount I paid.

I always stay at this hotel and I love how friendly the staff are

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

breakfast was not worth the extra money. Could have gone for food from the corner shop and prepare ourselves

location was perfect.with easy to get in and out. Good selection of restaurants and shops around. Staff helpful and friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

Nothing much, but the lifts need an upgrade.

Great service and friendly staff ... traveled with family (children under 5) and it was a pleasant stay for everyone. I even received a cake on my son's birthday, which was a nice gesture.

• Deluxe Room

Had to get down the escalator and take another one up to the breakfast and dining room

Good breakfast comfortable room as I got upgrated to a suite staff was polite and helpful

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

Our room was only marginally clean and I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot in the living room. The "free wifi" wanted me to allow access to a bunch of unrelated things on my phone before I promptly disconnected and caused the security on my computer to go crazy so I just used my cellular data the whole time we were there.

The hotel is in a good location close to the Burj Khalifa and close to the malls. All the taxi drivers knew where it was and getting back was never an issue but you can't really walk anywhere. The shower was nice with wonderful water pressure and ample hot water

• One-Bedroom Apartment Suite

The treatment wasn't as expected also the reception staff doesn't know how to deal with customers as per high class hotels standards.

In short.. It doesn't really meet the 5 stars rating, sorry guys but next time I would choose Conrad or Fairmont!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Lounge is very old, with full of dirt in the windows. I am not sure it is 5 stars hotel. Also the prices do not deserve to be 5 stars. In the day we checked out the lobby was full of resdents, so it takes half an hour to check out.

The parking was great, the lubby too. Everyone from Egypt 🇪🇬 In the checking in were helpfull & polite.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Entrance is not impressive at all, in fact, the reception desk looks like luggage or bell boy counter Furniture in the room looks old and not well maintain, for example, leather chair handles leather peeled, bed mattress was not comfortable. I am shocked to see old palms/LED TV monitor instead smart TV. Staff wasn't friendly and some staff has communication problem of understanding English. In comparison with other 5 stars on the same street, it is far below average. It is not supposed to be more than 3 stars

Cleanliness & WIFI

• Deluxe Room

Excellent service in Reception and Porters, very friendly staff, smooth checkin. I appreciated that the Receptionist gave me a room with a nice view. Very clean as well.

• Deluxe Room

The Dusit Thani is not really a family hotel, mainly due to the location. The swimming pool is nice but small and the extremely busy high way in front makes a lot of noise.

The Dusith Tani is my second favorite hotel in Dubai overall and top of my list for business stays. The Asian theme is great, the rooms are sizable and I love the bath rooms. Parking your car is easy, you don't need valet parking. Despite the busy location the outside terrace is peaceful (albeit a bit noisy) and the selection of food is great. If you want to go out there is a choice of restaurants at walking distance and the metro station is conveniently nearby bringing you directly to the Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates.

Browse Dusit Thani Dubai traveller photo gallery