Reviews of Fortune Classic Hotel Apartment

Damascus Street, Al Qusais, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#293 of 509 Holiday rentals in Dubai

5.6

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

good...only the use of swimming pool made a little disappointment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

swimming time is very inconsiderate. to think that now is summer days and very hot weather, should have night timing also to enjoy the swimming pool which is in the roof top and uncovered

It is good but needs improvement in upgrading the kitchen appliances
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchen appliance, particularly the cooker. It's an electric cooker that doesn't give off enough heat to cook my food. I had a very difficult time frying chicken wings and thighs. I ended up using my broiler instead.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nothing much !
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

Car park entrance and exit is not suitable for large cars! I cad to park on the street paid parking - Aircondition in leaving room was so weak we went out in mid day to avoid the heat and the bad aircondition !

Not much

A Home away from Home
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The Rooms are neat, clean and comfortable. very comfortable stay with no much disturbance. Kids enjoyed as there's a public park in front of the facility, Plus a swimming pool in the property itself.

It was ok overall.
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

One of the handles broke from inside and wasn't repaired even after requesting. The air conditioning was not adjustable and not working properly. That's an area for improvement, timely resolving problems.

Beds were comfortable. The place was clean and hospitable. It had good parking and easy accessibility.

We’ll be back as we love the place.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Although the kitchen is large, the facilities are rather sparse. There are no bowls (for cereal), detergent or teatowel.

I love this place. It’s my fourth visit there. It’s extremely spacious, clean, and attractive, and the staff are delightful and helpful. It’s close to the airport rather than to the sights of the city which suits me. Opposite is a small park and supermarket, and the restaurant at Freddy’s in its partner hotel is fantastic.

it was very satisfactory
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

the wifi is rather weak in the room but fine in the lobby

enjoy the location opposite a park and near the airport. the staff are always welcoming. i have stayed there three times now.

Our stay in fortune classic apartment was superb.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room cleanliness needs to be improve. Some dust are still seen in the corners of the room.

Our room accommodation is spacious and the kids are very because they can move around freely.

Unpleasant experience, due to poor customer service. Stay here only if you have no other choice.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I generally don't take time out to write reviews or complain about 1 or 2-night stays, but this was a very unpleasant experience. The reasons being: 1. I had booked the room for 2 persons on booking.com. When we arrived at the hotel, they said it's been booked only for 1 person, and they charged us AED 200 extra for 2 people. The reason given by the receptionist Raj Singh was that he forgot to close the booking.com link, so they overbooked the 1 bedroom apartments. Hence, they had to "upgrade" us to the 3 bedroom apartment. 2. Upon entering the "upgraded" 3BR apartment, hotel staff locked the other 2 bedrooms, so that we do not enter those rooms. 3. During our stay, we requested a 3-pin plug that fits the wall socket for charging our phones. After calling the housekeeping & reception 3 times, and getting confirmation from them that it will be arriving shortly, we waited for 1.5 hours, only to be told at the end that the hotel does not have any 3-pin plugs and we can go and buy it from the city if we want. 4. During any hotel stay in Dubai, we usually had complimentary drinking water available upon arrival to the room. However, Fortune Classic did not even have that basic amenity. When asked, the receptionist mentioned that the local law stipulates that complimentary drinking water is not be kept in hotel apartments per se. This came as a surprise for me, as we had stayed at Grand Hotel Al Qusais (also managed by the same Fortune Group) the night before, which had complementary drinking water. It was the first time I saw an "upgrade" due to the staff's mismanagement of Booking.com service, being handled like this. All in all, it was a terribly unpleasant experience. I would not recommend it because there is inadequate training given to staff on how to deal with customers and provide good service. I will not be returning to Fortune Classic Hotel Apartment.

Clean bedroom and bathroom.

Kitchen is poorly maintained and needs improvement .
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchen is poorly maintained and needs improvement . Cooker with all kitchen items are old and need to be replaced also living room furniture is very old.

We will not stay in Fortune Classic in future.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms were smelly. The mattress of beds were old, the curtains were torn and overall things in rooms and kitchen are very old and outdated.

Overall a poor experience.

Older empty apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The location was far from the city. The refrigerator was smelly and not working. No free water, tea or coffee in the kitchen, the ac didn't work, the outlets and power kept cutting out.

The reception was friendly and helpful and kind to the kids.

VERY POOR SERVICE FROM START TO END.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Sadly I didnt have time for pics. The room balcony lock was broken. The white bathtub was blackened and broken. The dryer in wash machine room was missing & Iron stand didnt have the Iron. Had to ask again & again. The oven was rusted. All of the appliances were in poor condition. The fridge from inside was broken. We paid for the internet but didnt get the week's connection code.

Only the location was good as it has many restaurants around it. Thats it.

i wouldnt recomend this place, overly priced place, not hygenic
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Rooms have smells, kitchen didn"t have basic equipment, very uncomfortable furniture.

Great Location, accesible, Lots of parking, friendly neighbour hood

Memorable stay, thank you
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

On our 3rd day of staying after our room cleaned, my daughter's toy kitten which we bought from our holiday in Muscat, Oman was missing, it has sentimental value so my daughter was terrible upset...

The apartment made us feel like we were at our own home..

Poor and frustrating policies leading to an uncomfortablen stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

WiFi always had a problem and number of decides was heavily restricted. Only have us one key for a family of 4. Didn’t give us a key for parking garage. Had to wait for them to come and open each time. I don’t think I’ll be staying there again.

IT wasn’t the cheapest option

I think once the above given comments sorted out, I would recommend it to friends
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The restaurant hygiene is to be reviewed. - Found the plates on the ground and underneath it was a towel that didn't look that clean. - The forks and knives were also stored outside the restaurant covered by a towel that also didn't look clean. The toilets looked clean but the basins and tub baths require changing in my opinion because they looked old.

I liked the inside space and the location of the property and the quiet surroundings

Nice clean overnight stay in the heart of Dubai, 10 minutes drive away from the airport
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The bath was faulty but they are fixing this. I was only staying one night so it didn't really bother me.

The room was clean and really big with a separate lounge and kitchen ! Raj on the desk was extremely pleasant and very helpful. Thanks Raj.

It was good...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Being a short trip and a week stay we find all as per our requirement..also lot restaurant around for all meals.. So no -ve...

We really enjoyed the stay as it was really spacious appartments and my family with 22yr son also my sister with us enjoyed with good view over balcony and all source of transportation was close by and all staff in appartments was friendly..thanks de Melo

On top of that , it's expensive comparing to the quality, internet not free and very expensive , found even bed bugs
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel is in U shape , one month stay , I could not open the curtains because the windows are in front of the other rooms windows, had design of hotel , no privacy

the staff was nice and coopératif and nice , à part of that . I didn't like this hotel , it's not comfortable and relatively expensive for the poor quality provided . I personally will not return to this hotel anymore .

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They are cheats, they deducted extra money from my credit card without my permission, when asked they said it will be refunded but till now its not refunded

Technically support for rooms
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We are local the person whos work in reciption he just ask about UAE ID common i have 18 person in my fimaly and just one id i forget

Technically support for rooms

Worth the money
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The house keeping team visited everyday to clean. Maintainace team were just a call away if you needed them. The shop across the road was handy. The reception staff were extra helpful. Reception is open 24 hours and all staff are helpful.

Close to the Airport,many restaurants close by.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The facilities are quite worn out. Also at one point a staff member came to our two bedroom apartment and wanted to "lock one of our bedrooms". I didn't know if they mistook ours for another etc, but it seems like a stupid procedure.

Close to the Airport,many restaurants close by. Not bad value for money on the prices.

Hotel for 1 night only
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Noy facilities at all, restaurant close early, no drinking water in the room, noises coming from every where inside the room.

Location, hotel is cheap, reception staff were helpfull, rooms are big with balcony.

A case of unfortunate events
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Furniture very old and horrible cooking smells come through the AC vents. A lot of issues with things not working: plug sockets, tv remote, second tv in bedroom, wifi router.

Friendly staff who clean the room daily

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Good stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wifi & cooperation from front desk

Front desk was not so cooperating & wifi was very poor. Many times called them to connect Wifi & reception of Wifi was worthless

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

too much cost on water, cola etc.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

too much cost on water, cola etc... Even 6 times more than the local market rates... double rate are acceptable.... More than that means...cruel to the people....

I wouldn't go their again!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I visited this property 6 years ago, it was quite new, clean and i was really impressed at then and had a quite positive experience, it was a shock to see how old this property has became with only 6 years, due to the lack of maintenance and and cleanness, in addition to the following: 1- Laud sound of the A/C. 2- No entertainment facilities. 3- very poor tv channels 4- TV's are very old and the remote controls are not working. 5- Wifi signal is very week. 6- beds and pillows are not comfortable at all.

The spaces and areas are sufficient.

An excellent short term stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The AC was very loud and even though you got used to it, it was a problem. It was also generally busy so I couldn't generate a fixed monthly rate as in peak times they rates increased and they wouldn't negotiate about that. However, I needed to extend for two more days and though the rate had gone up, they gave it to me at the original rate.

The apartment was well decorated and comfortable. The staff were efficient and mostly friendly and helpful. For my purpose, it was excellent as I was close my new workplace and it allowed me an easy commute til I settled in Dubai, also having a cooker and a washing machine and could look after myself. I would recommend it to people who need a short term but comfortable let.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Short stay here, close to the airport.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was not exactly a new property, in fact, it felt old. There were some smoke smells wafting in the living room. The kitchen was old, we had to call up the help to assist us with their convection cooker.

We really enjoyed the spaciousness of the apartments. Its close proximity to the airport was the greatest advantage staying here. One more plus is that it is so close to a Spinneys and some restaurants so you don't have to go far.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

A convienient location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The noise from the traffic was horrendous . The flat was much too large for two people .we were given a 3 bed ,two bedrooms were locked off but the space was huge around the rest ot the flat . No tea / coffee facilities available ,only staying for a couple of days we wasted milk and tea bags etc . Apartments are need of refurbishment .

The bed was comfortable , a larger than average apartment .we only used the bedroom and bathroom .a small grocery store and cafe opposite and only five minutes from the metro . Public transport inc. taxis are very reasonably priced .cheap in fact .

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Lovely, spacious, conviniently located, helpful, friendly staff: they made our family feel at home
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Old grout/silicone around the bathtub and kitchen sink too. Otherwise very clean.

proximity to Metro, park and Galaxy Mart fast food/grocery, spacious apartment. Upto 4 devices for Wi Fi was generous and the friendly staff ready to help.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Best apartment with affordable price in Dubai.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wifi signal is a little bit weak in the bedroom. No extra key for the room.

Spacious apartment, 2 bathrooms, comfort beds, kitchen facilities, near DAFZ metro station, Spinney's supermarket [where I found best exchange rate in Dubai (100$ = 366 UAE Dhs)] and several good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Location is good however the place could be more cleanliness.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed bugs in the bed couldn't sleep. cockroaches in the kitchen and coffee table. Bad cooking smell at night, so we couldn't sleep well. The clothes closet have cigarettes smell. Also the towels smells cigarettes.

Good location for family.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Pathetic Place
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything, Staff - unprofessional ( otherthn the bell boy) Cleanliness-Apartment was full of cockroaches dirty bed sheets Comfort - Zero They gave us only one key of the apartment which needs to use for power-on at the apartment, that means every time you go out you need to call bell boy to open the door of your apartment. overall it was pathetic experience , we booked for 5 nights but we checkout after two days, ..

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

know your right when you are going to stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

the hotel try to charge every thing even the complimentary thinks. The internet is not free. furniture has been used for long time without real maintenance. There was no privacy at the kitchen. i have stayed 5 nights and wanted to extend one more night with the same rate but they refused so i was forced to move with my family to another apartment.

i liked the facilities around. supermarket, metro, garden.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Comfortable and Good Location.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The Fridge and Cooking Rage was very old. It was working though rusted.

Location is excellent. Just opp to a public park and 6 Km from Dubai Intl. Airport. Metro is a walkable distance and lots of eating out options in the surroundings.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Swimming pool is very small & room is not totally soundproof.

Staffs are friendly and approachable.

The beds were comfy and relaxing.

The beds were comfy and relaxing.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Swimming pool not good Gymnastics room closed all day

Value of money
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

For 3 bedroom apartment, 2-3 mattresses should be provided complementary Breakfast is 4 out of 10

Room size, bathrooms, kitchen, living room, staff

Awesome and lovely

Limited English speaking tv stations

Environment, staff, room, service and hospitality

Good place with good value for money

No water bottle complimentary

Spacious room

Area of the room
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Lot's of issues in the room/services which was not resolved after complaining several times.

Area of the room

Reception was very professional both the philipino lady and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Reception was very professional both the philipino lady and the Indian guy

It was great
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Friendly reception and accomodating..

Very good hospitality

Every thing

Staff are very friendly but for that price 0 accommodation,!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast we are very disappointed

Staff are very friendly

Totally Relaxed and walking distance to shopping for food
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Water leaking on the floor after showering. Shower curtain was too high to keep the water in the tub

Very clean and quiet

more then expected

every thing

Suitable for families but there is no clean rooms.and staff is not suitable for families.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

But nothing proper clean rooms. Insects are in the room. Washroom light is blinking

Big space apartment. Comfortable for families

Near metro dubai and the main roads
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

A little far of some famous places

Near metro dubai and the main roads

Ordinary hotel, not a goodbye value for money
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Hotel would require redecoration. Mould in the bathroom, dirty windows, air conditioning not working properly.

Towels were changed every day.

Room is nice.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

WIFI signal in the room are very weak.

Room is nice. Enough space for your stuffs.

Perfect Holiday!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We enjoyed our stay, kids felt comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Don't have sufficient power points

Okay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Service was not up to the mark and breakfast was very poor

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Difficult getting transport taxi

Closeness to Metro

Price and location.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Toaster was not working. Saw few cockroaches.

Price and location. Friendly staff

My guest comming for meeting with me your security creating...
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

My guest comming for meeting with me your security creating harasment by questning more and more

good and confortable
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

cleaness of the launge , towels were very old bed linen old

good bed staff excellent

It was a pleasant Trip.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing more to be added .

its value for money and staff also friendly.
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

bed quality has to improve and breakfast should have more variety

its value for money and staff also friendly.

Stay was good
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Air conditioner did not work

Not bad
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Quality of furniture, cleanliness and facilities

Accessible to all transportation

Accessible to all transportation

Everything was good.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking was bad. I meant the Entrance Parking is very very tight.

Everything was good. Staff really helpful and smile.

it is a good place
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

it is a little far from deira and they did not have travel guide desk

the rooms was good.

Good Parking only
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The breakfast is very very simple should be better and there is no WIFI we have to pay for it which is not good for the amount paid.

Good Parking only

Staff should be more efficient

Staff should be more efficient

Never prefer Fortune Classic to Stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

1.5ltr water outside rate was 1.5AED and fortune charged us 10AED. Don't understand the logic behind that. Anyways we never prefer fortune again.

Browse Fortune Classic Hotel Apartment traveller photo gallery