Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City 2 stars

Knowledge Village, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#197 of 384 hotels in Dubai

i hope that the restaurant will be available 24 hours

the staffs are superb. they're the best. also, the value of money, its location are absolutely incomparable. it s such a great stay and with very clean and cozy ambiance to relax and unwind from a stressful environment.

A guy during check in was not very welcoming. I myself work in the hospitality industry and atleast a smile is a must.

The breakfast was amazing and the housekeeping people who cleaned our room were really nice.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

- Very near from the University of Wollongong where the Occupational English Test is held. - A Mosque, Supermarket, Restaurants, café and Bus station to Dubai International Airport all are few minutes away walking.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very good location with private Parking and Free Breakfast. Mini grocery is a plus. Professional Staff. Spacious lobby, restaurant and rooms.

The greediest hotel in my life <<< In first day: we stayed in the room where lights just blinking everytime , we came tired from airport and just wanted to get our room asap but inside there werent no any bathroom staff like tooth past , toosh brush , no slippers and when we ask about it and reception reply that they are providing only by request which for me was not comfortable to call everytime. Only + of this hotel is location, and not bad breakfast Also be careful with land line calls from your room and I didnt know about it and hotel charges from us money for calls , I was really sad and it makes me feel disappointed in my last day in this hotel I know many hotel by brand of Holiday inn but this one the worst hotel of this brand

Location only

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was ill informed about the timings of various sightseeing places. Most of the places were closed during Ramadan. Travel to these places could've been avoided had we been informed about the local rules and prices and time taken to explore such places. I wish the tourism staff was more invested in planning our itenerary upon being asked to do so.

Facilities and food were really good

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The AC in the room is more like a windstorm, its smell is okay but not fresh.. the water pressure in the shower is very weak, the quality of the sanitary is bad the area is dead, you have to call the reception 15 minutes in prior to book you a taxi there's no bell boy, you have to pay on spot for everything your order, there was not even tissues in the room, these last things are related to the hotel being express yes I know, but i'm never going express again in Dubai, you can find same rate hotels that are cleaner with better facilities. the staff is friendly, and they did the best they can, but don't blame them.

Pretty much nothing, I can say maybe the price...

This is my second stay in this hotel, and going to be there in july as well. However this time it was not as my expectation !!! The room was not cleaned properly till the last day & the card one time was not working and the very upset part that in the last day i wanted to check out at 2 pm because my class starts at 2:30 pm the reciption lady said i can give you till 12:30 NN only!!!!!! Had to stay in my car from 12:45 NN till 2 pm and then went to the class

Part of the staff were freindly, kind & helpful.

can be cleaner. fridge had bad smell and was not working.

Excellent location near the exam center. can't find better. Breakfast was good for value.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I paid for breakfast without taking it because they said it's only in morning and we are Muslims and fasting.we paid extra fees for moghrib breakfast

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

tho hotel is beeing renovated, it is one of those old ones, but clean, every day you get 0,5 litra of fresh water to your room, plus you can make coffee and tea in the room. The airconditioning is old one and little bit noisy but we used it only to cool the room down and later we turned it off.

Breakfast was great, diversity of warm food that gets you through the day. Every daj something was different, something new, fresh fruit, vegetables, plenty of cheese. The stuff is great, helpfull, even the taxi with the hotel limousine is cheaper to the airport than the regular taxi. The beach walking distance is in this hot weather 20 minutes walk, it is not very comfortbale and the beach does not have toilet, shower...the other beach can be reached with the shuttle bus at 10:30 and 4:30 back and that one is nice.

i didn't satisfy with breakfast as i am an Indian there is only one item related to Indian food.

i am satisfied with the service and all other facilities provided by Holiday Inn.

The noisey elevators opposite the rooms. Especially in front of room 302,, they wake you with their sudden "thudder" noise when going up and down I think the hotel lobby area upon entrance could be a bit more attractive,, it was very plain.

Super comfy beds and location very close to prometric test centre (3-5 mins walking distance). Plus lovely breakfast

The breakfast was terrible and needs to be more sutable, the bartender with the black glasses was not vry helpful and did not offer a warm service,

The Rooms were clean and welcoming and the housekeping staff were exceptionally friendly

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

crap location of hotel no room service a tuck shop that's supposed to be open 24 hrs

although it appeared as value for money the hotel itself was a bit far from the metro --they say its a 5 mins but its actually 15mins which is not so much of a schlep but try doing that strolling with two suitcases in dubai's mid day heat. my conference venue was completely off the the metro --I had to take a bus --- but the bus would not accept cash --- they asked for a freaking card --I gave them accredit card -- and they refused that too ... it had to be a card I had no idea which hat to pull it out from. staff were relative friendly , hotel room was relatively clean breakfast was acceptable but location really sucked the spirit out of me --- it cost me a whole lot more in taxi fare then it would if I booked closer to deirah and jumeirah where everything is

• Twin Room - Smoking

Property location is mentioned wrong and we had rounded for 3 hrs with family and not cancelling the booking so that we would taken hotel somewhere else. We are not happy with the Co operation when we are having problem and it's their mistake .

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They have to review the maintenance of their room, the refrigerator & the bed-side phone were not working. The electricity was suddenly shutdown. The bedsheets & the towels weren't clean that much. Overall, Value for money is not worthy, I couldn't spend more less mony for better short stay hotel.

The only two positive things that I can mention, it was near to where I suppose to be, and the breakfast was good.

15 minute walk to train station

Value for money, good breakfast choice, rooms clean and comfortable, friendly staff. Free shuttle to Dubai Mall and Jumeirah beach

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

There is no room service for food . The carpets in the rooms should be cleaned regularly( it smells ) despite taking a non smoking room.

Nice spread with varied options in the breakfast. F&B staff is also very courteous.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room Service: They dont offer washroom slippers. Room: Requires new carpets since its soily and muddy

At Reception: Mr. Ahmed made my onboarding easy Breakfast: Nice variety

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Mr. Parvez the reception staff was very kind, helpful, approachable and moreover very professional with a pleasant attitude and big smile, great staff and amazing environment..

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

There was only one bottle of water in the room and no extras even when requested, I was actually told each guest gets one bottle a day !! The room was not cleaned well at all, dirty glasses were left unwashed. The products at the kiosk in the lobby were old and stale.

the location is very good

Room mattress not good at all .nd basic facilities like water and toiletries not there .. Breakfast not good even ..not the standard of holiday in.Bit disappointed.

Locality and staff behavior.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The information regarding the free shuttle was misleading and difficult to catch and that was really disappointing and frustrating for us.

The staff were great - all over the hotel - they were really friendly and kind to my little daughter

However I have put the do not disturb notification on the door, the staff woke me up in the afternoon to change the bedsheets. It is quite difficult to have some rest after a night-long flight the wifi signal was weak

Staff was friendly, the value-money ratio was perfect

Only downside was that there was no terrace and windows were not opening in the smoking rooms. Ventilation was very strong but still clean air would be better.

Amazing staff! Very helpful with every request we had from taxi orders several times for big group to leaving our luggage on the last day of our stay until the late afternoon and printing our boarding pass. Very good hotel and breakfast for the price. Thank you, Holiday Inn staff for the amazing service!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Shower cubicles probably need a bit of up keep and Towels and toiletries probably could improve.

The Rooms were just right and the break fast was good but basic. Staff were pretty cooperative.

the refrigerator is not working probably

the bed was comfortable staff is helpful breakfast was acceptable location is great, nearby many restaurants and one big supermarket

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They lied to me at the front disk and that's a big minus, when I arrived they told me that my reservation was cancelled cause I arrived late although it was 5 pm and offered me same period with same price as they said but in a smoking room instead of non-smoking which I had in my original reservation as non-smoking rooms is not available. This comment here means that my original reservation is valid and not cancelled as they lied to me otherwise I won't be able to make a review. The room in smoking floor smells aweful since you came out of the lift in 4th floor.

I think it deserve more than 2 stars, clean, rooms bigger than any other holiday inn i stayed in allover the world, very good breakfast and lunch buffet. I had a course inside the hotel and an exam 100 meter away which was very comfortable stay for me.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The TV channels options were limited and not in english language except BBC. Some of the lifts smelt tobacco which was not pleasant to me.

customer service is excellent, environment is clean and convenient and the breakfast was wow.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The lift smelled cigarette.

Aimee at the reception was very accommodating and and assisted us with our concerns very well. In addition, food was great and the location is near to UOWD.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The door to the shower in our room was slight off rail so it took a bit of manoeuvring.

We requested for an early checking and though we arrived an hour ahead of schedule we were accommodated in the very next available room within 30mins of our arrival. The full buffet breakfast had several varieties and differed slightly daily. Very close to the Tram, Metro and Bus stations. Also had a few taxi ranks within walking distance. The staff were always willing the help out.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were no basic toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, shower cap and room slippers in the room To get tyese you had to call the reception and request for some.

Quick service, room description was exactly as advertised, Convenient location and very friendly staff.

It seems like the contractor that was commissioned to build the bathrooms was a bit stingy, the material seems pretty cheap while everything else in the room seems of good quality. The water pressure was a bit weak and would have been good if there was a ventilator

The staff are very helpful and nice, the room service is very friendly, the mattresses are comfy

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

I didnt like waiting much for an empty room which is check in time is 14:00 and we arrived on time and we are waiting for nearly an hour to get the room well prepared.

Everything is very good except the check in time.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Good staff. Especially door staff. Close to metro and great distant to walk or jog. Close by jumeriah beach an burj khalifa without the high price tag. Staying a second time this time around an still find I'd book it again. Added swimming pool would just be the icing on the cake

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Very poor smelly hotel with poor facilities, with charged business center. The room is very small, and actually I was given a different room of what I have reserved, The rooms are not very clean, and there are no bathroom facilities, The hotel charged me 25% more of the reservation charges.

Nothing,

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Even though it was a smoking room there was still on overwhelming smell of smoke, having an air freshener in there would have made a huge difference.

Super comfy bed, and very helpful and polite staff.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Reception: My credit card was already billed for the stay 2 days before, but they asked my CC again to release the payment at the reception. This created a confusion and was not a great customer experience. Try to avoid this procedure.

Good Breakfast Excellent Room Service

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

-amazing staff -comfy bed -quite wide range of selection on the breakfast -free shuttle to the beach -late check out possibility -close access to the metro station

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The total price in given in booking.com was almost 10% lower than what was actually paid in the hotel due to the new tax plan mplemented in the country. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Clean, comfortable and practical

Rooms were remodelled, nice, but the corridors were old, smelling unpleasantly. Basically no services int the hotel apart from the gym...

Breakfast was good, every day something different, which is unusual. also free garage parking, with plenty of spaces, fast wifi,

• Twin Room - Smoking

The breakfast buffet: Options were poor and the last day the cheese platter had flies on it. Eggs were either undercooked or rubbery.

Some of the receptionist were awesome. In particular an Egyptian guy - can't recall the name- he was very helpful, welcoming and tried to make all issues resolved in no time. So Thank you for that :) Room service was quick as well!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

location.. Knowledge City Business area..A little bit too far from tourist attractions..

Reasonable price for a clean room..Everything worked.. Food was great at hotel's buffet stile restaurant.. Staff was very friendly..

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bathroom amenities. Bathroom needs improvement in terms of overall look and toiletries provided.

The location of the property is best if you are looking for a peaceful surrounding in Dubai. Also, knowledge metro station is nearby making a great public connectivity.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not clean: room cleaning was bad, towels were dirty, bathroom cleaning below average, & many dishes in the breakfast buffet were dirty (i notified the supervisor lady of the buffet, but we faced the same following days), i had to dig for a clean dish..., even the entrance carpet you can spot dirts easily on it. One more thing i hated, when i arrived, no one from the staff had the curtsy to help me, or my wife with the luggage! In short; i booked in this place as it was near a training center i was attending, but i am not planning to reconsider this place again.

Location is good, 750m from the nearest metro station, but still no walking distance attractions.if you have a car like me, there is a dedicated car parking for the hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

There were no toiletries, washroom slippers, bathtub. The bath area had water clogging. There were no basic amenities. Metro is five ten walk. Out of the city so all major attractions are very far.

Bed was comfortable

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The windows could have been a bit more cleaner from the outside. As well as a few amenities and room service can be looked upon as being an Express Hotel, these are missing.

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious with decent views out of the windows. It is just next to major offices in Internet City/Media City as well as very convenient for students in Knowledge Village. The staff is helpful and the breakfast spread is good as well. Moreover, the hotel is well connected to bus stand, dubai metro, tram station and Atlantis Monorail is just 1 tram station away and there are a lot of restaurants around.

I reserved your hotel for airport shuttle, but your shuttle driver told me that the bus doesn't go to internet city only for airport hotel. So I had to pay 100 dirhem for taxi.

Information desk

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Its into the point , excellent choice for business trips in the area , staff are really friendly and helpfull , breakfast is good , rooms are always cleaned

Some rooms look ‘tired’ in places - moved from one room due to carpet coffee stains, but no problem moving to another!

Location and easy access. Functional and clean, not many facilities - great as a base.

The hotel is very nice! I 've got a beautiful suite, very confortable and charming. The buffet breakfast is Great! For quantity and quality . I can't stop to eat! Just 10 minutes of taxi from Dubai Marina and Jumeraj beach.

Better than last time I stayed. There was a visible improvement in the attitude towards the quality of the breakfast. The front desk staff has as usual and excellent attitude and they are very helpful.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for double bed but I am given a single bed.

Soccer and english TV channels, socket in the wash room to plug clippers. And pressings Iron in the room.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Well its hard to say but no shisha was a bit of a let down as I'm a shisha lover but other then this it would be wrong to say there was something I didn't like.

The staff and the location is totally worth it. It's a quiet cost place with some nice peaceful neighbourhood, very near to the beach and all attractions including the metro station.

• Twin Room - Smoking

Shower gel could be improved.

Great value and friendly staff. Room was clean and suited our needs, we arrived after midnight and it felt safe as I was travelling with my 3 year daughter.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Doesn't worth for the money. Bed and laundry was smelling. Could notice dirt in bathroom and other parts of the hotel. Couldn't find anything to eat at breakfast on hygienic concerns (fan was blowing air and dust to the foods). Overall had very bad experience staying in that hotel.

Walking distance from metro station.

Maybe they should get an ATM in the building 🤷🏾‍♀️

Easy to find Great parking space Check in was lovely Great breakfast Strong WiFi Clean big room Small needs catered for

Bad very uncomfortable pillows. Bad choice at breakfast. Old food from few days ago, still served. Coffee is bad. Old plates and cups. Not enough and dirty. In show room amenities are only bath gel in bottle with a slow run. Had to go out in supermarket and buy our own.

Very old property. Need serious restorations. Carpets on floor are bold in some places. Old furniture. Sound proofing is at such low level when people walk and whisper in corridor, they are walking into your room.

The room was not really fresh. Shower was old with broken controls. Aircon was extremely noisy even at lowest power, so I couldn’t get asleep at all (impossible to turn off as windows don’t open).

Nice breakfast, good wifi, comfortable bed

One day they did not clean my room, nor left any clean towels. Reception that I complained to them did not inform anybody. During checkout after being asked whether I was happy by the reception informed them about the problem but the proceeded to even charge me for room service charge (did not order anything) which I believe had to do with cleaning the room. Their excuse for not cleaning was that they were very busy.

Location, some staff was helpful, free WiFi,

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The rate offered by the hotel for the room was much much lower than the rate I paid on Booking.com

The staff was very friendly and the hotel very clean and quiet.

Its disgusting simply. I dare any of their management can live their for one minute. The bathroom is full of mold. Almost everything show this filthy aspect, even the elevator was just disgusting. I will never step a ft in any holiday inn from now onward.

Location was the only +ve.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

However, we did not enjoyed the breakfast we had which we usually do in our previous visits.

It was a good experience staying in the hotel as it is near our work place and near the metro too.

• Twin Room - Smoking

Not pleased with the situation, that hotel tried to take payment from my credit card even before I arrived to the hotel

Excellent location for anyone, who plan to participate in CCIE exam in Dubai

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Location , lack of facilities, Hotel services are based on old facilities like the message delivery, highlighting email internet cafe etc either in these days every one have these facilities on mobile , hotel is good just for stay no other services are offering to the customer

Wifi speed , clean room , staff professionalism

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The staff at the reception desk are very welcoming. So friendly. The hotel had all the amenities we were looking for. Two queen size beds (we booked a twin bedroom).Really comfortable and much better stay than in many of the expensive hotels in Dubai.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping stuff is very loud. I was having an exam next morning and I really needed to rest and focus but they were careless about beeing quite.

The Hotel overall is OK.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room was pretty small and no balcony, and a bit odd smell

The beds are made for perfect sleep! The breakfast is too good for a 2-star hotel. And on Friday the breakfast is extended till 11;30 which is also very handy after Thursday night out. Location is pretty good: you can reach the beach and metro by walk.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Nothing much just this if they could include some Indian breads in their menu. Also if lunch and dinner buffet can be available for all days and not selective days. It will be really appreciated and will be more convenient for the guests.

I really liked the staff and their assistance. It is very prompt and they are fair and very clear in understanding the customer's need and also give additional promos if possible on their own.

Cant think of anything

Location, close to the atlantis for us to go to our planned brunch. Rooms are a good size, beds are comfy, 24/7 shop in reception. My friend ended up in the wrong holiday inn, the guy at reception called round all the holidays inns and found the correct one. They even paid for her cab!!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Although I mentioned this on check out, everyday was like towel roulette when we got back to our room at the end of an adventurous day. Some days we would have a bath mat, others we would not. Some days we had a hand towel and others it would be face cloths. A few days we only had one bath towel and there were two of us in the room. The hotel is also more in Knowledge Village than Internet City. Due to the time of the year value for money was average, but I’d say generally it would have been good.

The meals they provided were very good and selection was great. Breakfast is free when you stay but even the other meals that cost were very reasonable for the buffet options you got. Also, very close to shops and transport. We took the tram everyday at Knowledge Village.

Nothing much only struggled to find channels Could you please think to add Chanel list in rooms or may be I couldn't find

Very good hotel, easily accessible location, near by supper market and fast food market, Room was comfortable and very clean, fast wifi , breakfast was too good. Indian channa masala was so delicious. I like the smiley faces greetings of staff. I forgot names ( sorry) Faisal who was on door I could only remember Him Filipino receptionist (forgot name) was very friendly and check / out was very quick and professional I found USB port behind TV that was too help full I was able to play music and watch movies from my USB

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning in my room was terrible. The switches stopped working from time to time. Noisy air conditioning system without dehumidifiers.

Kind staff. Booking of tours.

I wasn't impressed with cleanliness. I was also told there would be someone contacting me regarding the airport shuffle which sadly did not happen.

It's a decent hotel with pretty good breakfast.

Browse Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City traveller photo gallery