Reviews of Golden Tulip Al Jazira Hotel & Resort 4 stars

Po Box 26268, Ghantoot, Abu Dhabi, Ghantoot, United Arab Emirates

#2 of 2 hotels in Ghantoot

6.1

We as a group had a great time. The property is excellent. Rooms were clean.
    • Standard Room

The variety of Breakfast was not great.

The overall stay was good. I would recommend a live cooking station to be included for the Breakfast Buffet.

Comfortable place, perfect getaway.
    • Deluxe Room

The mattress was too hard, and the pillows were not that comfortable. The pool needs everyday cleaning because of fine particles floating on its surface.

We liked the food, the staff were so kind and helpful, the pool was very good

it was non comforting, and not to the expectation
    • Standard Room

The place was abandoned. No life guard on the pool and the access to the beach was closed. Room services are null. Food is less than average. It was a bad experience.

Good value for money - not the most modern hotel but good to get away
    • Deluxe Room

Parking is an issue No late check out

The gentleman in the bar was amazing very friendly and attentive ! The night manager was one of the best that I have met

Close proximity to Blue Marlin
    • Standard Room

We had to change rooms as the first room smelled damp. The next room that we were given had 2 single beds even though we had requested a double bed. I requested an iron and was brought 3 faulty ones before they eventually brought me one that worked. The shower leaked everywhere and room service was terrible.

Close proximity to Blue Marlin

Don’t stay here! Simple.
    • Deluxe Room

There is no beach as advertised. BlueMarlin club runs from the hotel so pumping music from 1pm-1130pm with 3500 people attending. We were told no access to the beach because it’s owned by the club. Not relaxing at all. Well over priced and run down hotel. No help from pool staff at all. Very dead hotel, outdated. Nothing to do there for families. Only stay here if you’re going to the club.

Next to BM, the staff are friendly, specially the new lady...
    • Standard Room

Need a huge upgrade and the pool was not heated.

Next to BM, the staff are friendly, specially the new lady at the morning shift and the Moroccan guy at Friday evening shift.

• Standard Room

The help desk took more than 30 minutes to complete my checking in, due to.the fact that she was busy doing many other things at the same time and almost every minute she disrupts my application. It's disappointing to know that there is no beach access on Fridays and Saturdays.

Not the best hotel to stay in
    • Standard Room

The hotel is old and rooms are very basic, feels more like a motel. Not up to Dubai standards. I had to pay 30 dirhams for a bucket of ice! I've never been to a hotel that charges for a bucket of ice. The swimming pool wasn't very clean.

If it wasn't for BMI I wouldn't have stayed here

Would only recommend as a one night stop after partying
    • Standard Room

Don’t book breakfast! Price of the room /night isn’t in line with the facilities provided. It felt like being in the 60’s. Wouldn’t recommend unless you’re just planning to party and have a bed for the night.

Practical hotel next to beach club, service friendly enough and basic needs are fulfilled

Good stay
    • Standard Room

The bed is very noisy when you sleep on it. The light in the room is very little and difficult to find the switch. The remote of the AC was not working properly and very difficult to adjust (Room 620)

The stuff are very nice. The location of the hotel is perfect. The pool and the cleaning is good.

Blue marlin ibiza
    • Standard Room

Pretty much everything sucked. Room was small, dated, dusty, and cheap. I called room service and asked for a bucket of ice, they told me it would cost 30 aed plus tip. Ended up not ordering.

Blue marlin ibiza

Service and facilities need to be improved
    • Deluxe Room

Staff at the reception is rude Payment policy not clear (I had to leave a deposit which was different from my friend's deposit although we had the same reservation and rooms) After it rained Water was leaking like crazy from the corridors ceiling leaving a very bad smell We found a cockroach in our room

The room were big and beds were comfy The location is perfect if you are coming to spend the day in Blue Marlin Ibiza UAE

I have not recieved my deposit back yet after 24H of chekcout. Disappointing.
    • Deluxe Room

The room was already overpriced and on top of that, we were asked to pay a 1000 AED deposit (that was NOT mentioned when I booked the room) that they confirmed at check in AND check out, that it will be refunded/cleared IMMEDIATELY by the bank once you check out. Instead, they have blocked the 1000 AED without my knowledge, while the manager said it will take 24 hours, the receptionist (that I called later to check because the money was not cleared into my account after 24h) she said, that it was actually blocked and it will take 2 weeks to clear... very bad to be honest! I called the hotel again and the receptionist was being helpful which is appreciated, but it was too late to try to impress me. Now, I have to deal with my bank and do this follow up hassle because they did NOT inform me from the beginning that they will block the money it until the bank decides to release it. This is not acceptable. I would have paid in cash if they have clarified it. I am extremely disappointed as the hotel & booking.com did not inform us about the AED1000 deposit. Also, I informed the hotel through booking.com that it was my birthday, but they did not even wish me or make me feel welcomed. Let's see when I will get my deposit back as I am not sure I will even come back to this Hotel. What a shame, this could be one of the best spots to escape the city, but this experience definitely ruined it.

The waitress at breakfast was very helpful and made us feel welcomed. Attending Blue Marlin Ibiza UAE is a why we stayed at this Hotel.

Check in and Check out were too lenghty!
    • Standard Room

The receptionists are not organized and too slow The Check-In is too lengthy The room was smelly and humid Upon check-out the receptionist said that the bath mat is missing and I have to pay 50 dhs, I explained that the bath didn't have bath mat when we checked in.

Blue Marlin Ibiza The pool

bad staff bad customer service bad manager
    • Deluxe Room

i had avery bad experience with this hotel i will never book it again ; the service is unbelievably poor and recieption was not polite at all ;;;; worst place u can book

Basically, nothing.
    • Deluxe Room

Everything, From the staff at the front desk, the room with really bad door to close, water heater kettle that wasn't working,and back again reception desk where check-in & out takes longneck time with unprofessional unfriendly staff.

Basically, nothing. We were only there because of blue Marlin

All good apart of the beach
    • Standard Room

Access to the beach was through a private company which requires advance booking and extra charges.

The checking in was so quick. The room is reasonable. Staff very friendly and helpful

Check in and Check out were too lenghty!
    • Standard Room

Check in and check out were too lengthy You don't get an access to Blue Marlin Ibiza even though you are a guest in the hotel I requested a ground floor room close to the pool and i was given a 1st floor room but after a long discussion and wait they gave me a group floor room Old furniture

Pool Size of the room

It was ok
    • Standard Room

Not a lot to do ...Booking.com said they have a shuttle to and from hotel to entertainment places but they had nothing ... nothing for teens and kids to do but to swim

The pool area

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

I like this hotel, I feel relax and comfortable
    • Standard Room

Need more strong internet, make it price more nice. It's little bit expensive

I like location of this hotel, and it's quite, comfortable, nice and friendly staff

Children had fun in the swimming pool nd in the children...
    • Standard Room

The room service department didn't make baby food warm when told themto do it they refused saying we don't make baby food warm its not allowed.

Children had fun in the swimming pool nd in the children play area ...

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Could be so much better...
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms really need better cleaning, there were broken bits of glass still on the carpet which cut my friends foot (not badly but enough to draw blood), the mini fridge didn't really work and was dirty, the out door furniture on the patio was absolutely filthy and can't have even been wiped down in months. I had to use one of the bath towels to wipe it down and then used Dettol hand wipes to clean it before we could sit at it. Please don't think I'm some kind of weird germaphobe here. There was weeks old bird excrement all over it and various other unidentifiable stuff and just ingrained dirt on it. It all came off easily enough with a wet bath towel so I can't understand why the housekeeping has let it get so filthy. Room service breakfast was very average. Also many of the power outlets in the room didn't work. I had to try 4 different ones to get my mobile phone to charge and that meant unplugging the only lamp in the room, as that was plugged into the only working power outlet, so clearly the hotel knows that the rest don't work and have done nothing about fixing them.

Booked a night here to stay on after the brunch at Blue Marlin. If not for Blue Marlin I would not have chosen to stay here. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked well. The bathroom was good. Clean, nice bathtub, good shower pressure and hot water. Room was quiet and got a reasonable nights sleep.

expensive for the quality
    • Standard Room

Room furniture very basic, and lacking electric outlets available for phones or laptops Breakfast price (no buffet). The main question is, why would you come this hotel? I hear during the weekend they have great party, but I was there for business during the week. For the price, the quality of the establishment itself is really not very good.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - though at the front desk sometimes not entirely efficient :-) The pool is very nice, there is an OK gym. The rooms are big but Not many people in the hotel when we were there, which is probably why there was no buffet for breakfast (nor for dinner). The price for set breakfast is fairly high for what you get à la carte, you better not be a big morning eater. The rooms are large but very basic. The bathroom was ok. Both clean though. Wifi was decent.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Hotel for Blue Marlin Ibiza
    • Standard Room

It met my expectations perfectly.

It's a basic good looking hotel, the rooms are fine. Beds are ok. It's a place to stay if you want to party at Blue Marlin Ibiza in Dubai. And I like Blue Marlin :)

Good for Blue Marlin but overall dead place
    • Deluxe Room

The place is like abandoned infrastructure, they need to refresh the facilities so people can enjoy. restaurant are somewhat dead as well.

Blue Marlin Ibiza club only for 1 or 2 days keeps the place very vibrant

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Nice smell whenever you enter the hotel
    • Standard Room

Rooms are not sound isolated. It is very bad you hear other room whispers

Nice smell whenever you enter the hotel And maybe nost green place i have seen.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good if you are looking for quiteness
    • Standard Room

The furniture is a bit old and fridgrator wasn't working and the staff replaced it also the bathrom was getting from hole in the floor when using the shower

Tye staff are good and place is quite with nice atmosphere

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Old noisy uncomfortable hotel I don't recommend it
    • Standard Room

The room is extremely noisy you easily hear every single move of the other rooms and there is no preivsey.the furniture is too old. The check in and out is taking long time. The staff deceive me when they give me my rooms because they claim it is the most quite room however it was close to the night clubs which force me to check out before my planned day.

The location is close to Dubai Parks and the room view is to the swimming pool

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

A decent weekend getaway.
    • Standard Room

Music at the bounty bar was initially good , but became very annoying when they let few guests play their own choice of songs. However , the staff was friendly and professional compensating to some extent.

good location , decent food and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Great for Blue Marlin but beware your booking may not be confirmed
    • Standard Room

Beware around your booking as the hotel often has VIPs who 'demand' rooms. Our New Years Eve booking was cancelled with one weeks notice as VIPs booked out the whole hotel. No compensation or viable alternatives were initially offered. After complaining to the hotel and then booking.com did they then try and find something. Eventually they gave us a room in some cabins nearby and then on the day some VIPs cancelled so they gave us the original booking!! A lot of stressful drama. The hotel it seems is reasonably powerless to honour your cancellable booking if the VIP situation arises. Maybe paying makes it more secure.

Good location for the Blue Marlin Ibiza club. Staff were nice and friendly however and resort is nice.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Over all kids had fun
    • Standard Room

Pool needs renovation totally due to sharp edges on floor around pool that is not properly fixed it can injur kids easily and even growb ups Tv programs are poor

Staff very freindly

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

6.0
    Didn't enjoy it
    • Standard Room

The room service insisted on paying for the extra bed at once before checkout. Slow service and they check the room at checkout while no one do that now.

The quite

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Terrible
    • Standard Room

This is the worst place I have stayed in. Room was dirty. Ceiling was leaking. Music was too loud we couldn't sleep. Service was beyond poor.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

I don't recommend the hotel to anyone
    • Standard Room

The staff is doing their best to take money from the guest, every single time I stayed in the hotel they claimed that a dirty blanket is damaged or a pillow case or anything and they made me pay from 200 to 900 AED for damages, I don't recommend the hotel to anyone, and they don't care about the client or the customer, or even how frequent I visit the hotel, the are rude since they know they will always be fully booked on Fridays because of Blue Marlin Ibiza

The Location since it's close to Blue Marlin Ibiza

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

the pool in front of my room, pool bar and the beach party.
    • Standard Room

there were some guests who used my porch (when i wasn't around), ate and drank there and left their stuffs didn't even bother to clean up their mess. And when i asked the room service, cleaning the other room to clean it up for me, he replied he can't, unbelievable! the thing is i need to insist first just for those trash to be cleaned. And no electrical outlet on the bedside of my room, hard to charge my phone and laptop...

the pool in front of my room, pool bar and the beach party.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

poor hotel
    • Standard Room

room not clean , very poor quality , not allowed to use the beach , the bed so noisy , carpet in room so Dirty with stains , they saying is 4 star hotel but i can give him only 1 star

only the location its so far away from city or anythings but for me that what i need

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The hotel makes you relax and it is very calm.
    • Standard Room

The hotel doesn't have much facilities such as gym, sauna, jacuzzi..etc There is no variety of food options to order, just a little.

The hotel makes you relax and it is very calm. The room is cleaned very well. Swimming pool is amazing

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

POOR HOTEL and only plus is friendly staff
    • Deluxe Room

Outdated property and poor facilty , beach was small and poor ..quality of f&b was poor as well..it's an really avearage hotel and will not return

Friendly and helpful staff

Very quiet
    • Standard Room

Old AC’s need to be changed

Very quiet

Everything was ok.

Cleanliness

Dull
    • Standard Room

Service , beach and poor facilities

The quietness

All

All

It was an unforgettable experience! The room had a foul smell and not clean.
    • Deluxe Room

The room had a foul smell and not clean at all

The swimming pool was chilled

Very old

They have to renovate the whole hotel it’s to old and have bad smell

Every thing

Waste of time and money, the property has nothing to offer. It's better to stay at Ghanoot Marina.

Facilities, amenities

Swimming pool

Great location if you are planning a trip to Blue Marlin
    • Standard Room

Wifi connection was very poor.

Super comfy bed and close proximity to Blue Marlin. Staff were very helpful

Very loud music until 12:00 am and very loud music starting 6 am

bathroom not clean and only one towel and no floor mat

bathroom not clean and only one towel and no floor mat

Friendly staff & BMI UAE
    • Deluxe Room

Facilities are in need of update to compare with hotels at the same price point in the UAE

Friendly staff & BMI UAE

location was nice
    • Deluxe Room

not informed there would be a party, super loud and for price paid on room was very old

location was nice staff were friendly

Greasy cold expensive breakfast

Old and needs completely upgrading. Room smelt musty. The food was disgusting and overpriced

Not Soundproof.
    • Standard Room

Not Soundproof. and the door parting the rooms were not even locked.

Location close to Dubai
    • Standard Room

Very creepy place looks old and abandent

Location close to Dubai

they are on bankrupt..
    • Deluxe Room

it looks it ia shutting down

not so much

Not to repeat it at same hotel for sure.
    • Standard Room

Room had strange smell; felt like in a gost house. Old furnitures beside high price compared to offered value.

Ok.
    • Deluxe Room

The food was not excellent, and the place was packed with people.

The fact that it is close to BMI Beach Bar

Overcharging.
    • Standard Room

I had a couple of friends over and they charged 100 aed per person for visit! Despite none of them were sleeping over.

The room and furniture it’s so old in my opinion I will give...
    • Standard Room

The room and furniture it’s so old in my opinion I will give this hotel 3 or 2 stars no more

• Standard Room

Slow check in and check out service Expensive for quality. They delayed us because a towel was missing in our room.

Good location to club but hotel needs upgrade
    • Standard Room

Slow service, expensive food, having to pay cash when ordering room service

• Standard Room

Hotel location and room furniture

the room is way over priced for what it is.
    • Standard Room

the room is way over priced for what it is.

Services and facilities need to be worked on

Services and facilities need to be worked on

The swimming pool was nice
    • Deluxe Room

The orders from the room service took long time and the room didnt have enough drunking water as others

The swimming pool was nice

Great for staying during the weekend enjoying Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin

Not recommended for more than two nights and not for family
    • Deluxe Room

The clean-up Some stuff The room The noise The facilities The services Room facilities

The area and the food

Don't try this hotel

Every thing. I lost my bag on reception . No beach . No activities

Rooms were nice
    • Deluxe Room

Boring inside the hotel. No activity at all. Continental breakfast was non existent.

Rooms were nice

Not bad

The bar

The pool

very accommodating staff.
    • Standard Room

they have the facilities but not well maintained.

very accommodating staff. the property has good facilities

The perfect spot outside of dubai for a mini break/staycation - a very relaxed and positive atmosphe
    • Standard Room

Kids pool and loved the mini balconies by the pool

Browse Golden Tulip Al Jazira Hotel & Resort traveller photo gallery