Reviews of Grand Continental Flamingo Hotel 3 stars

Hamdan Street, Behind Adidas Factory Outlet, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#101 of 128 hotels in Abu Dhabi

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

This time also was great time for me.

Beverage ordered, doesn't have soda water. Be professional- call by name and ask if anything else they can assist us.

great location, quiet, corniche and capital garden. Room service server and receptionist.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Staff very helpful.

Staff very helpful. Especially "May" at the reception. I was checked in at 10 am and due to a delayed flight allowed to check out at 2pm. And the booking didn't have the so called Genesis benefits!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

I like the Set ups and Interior.

Lighting

I like the Set ups and Interior. TV Quality and the channels availability seems to be poor. The Lighting is good but unable to increase the brightness when required.

Great ..stay

I'm used to stay there sometimes... Always comfortable . .feel like I'm in my own room...people r so good.. ...good facilities ...thanks to the team. ....hope to see u soon

this time I booked a room for my friend, all the...

this time I booked a room for my friend, all the confirmation was clear and I had mentioned my friend name also. But check in time one of receptionist said there was no booking under my friend's name, I was shocked when she called me, then i suggest to her show the screenshot which is I had sent her as a message. then check in done. Thanks for everything.

When I go the hotel for booking within 2 min they give room...

I didn't like tv channels we need all country channels

When I go the hotel for booking within 2 min they give room key and check out time also very speed. No need to wait too much time if you have booking number .

I like the customer care services all okk and the rooms

Well I just found ma stay very fine besides your television not having English stations like mm1 mm2

I like the customer care services all okk and the rooms

Best hotel in abu Dhabi

Love to stay there always ...great hotel in Abu Dhabi...good facilities ...good management ....receptions... Doing great job. ...thanks to house keeping ...who ever not visit grand continental flamingo... Highly recommend to visit there

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

1. I like the most food, they were really delicious.

There is no toilet bidet sprey in the bathroom, it's discomfortable. We were happy there was balcony but it's not allowed to open the door due to safety

1. I like the most food, they were really delicious. 2. Price is affordable, the service and room are worth to charge, even better!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Generaly good place

Doing promotion for Room Service but if you order and not mention that you have to get as promotion then they will charge 2 times expensive ( that for me looks like cheating people)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

My night was good and nice

Nothing more all is dat I really enjoyed my night in ur hotel and ur price was so good to every one dat thing dat Abu Dhabi is so expensive to sleep in a hotel but I was surprised to get it at dat price,u guys should keep it up

I love everything inside de room

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Except the powerpoint issue, nothing to say.

The powerpoints provision for the electronics gaskets. This is my second protest on this issue despite the management agreed to my earlier complaint to resolve the powerpoint issue. The powerpoint provided in the room is concealed/covered by the bed.

The location of the hotel and the behavior of the desk staffs

It was excellent
    • Standard Twin Room

More africa tv channels could have been better and European tv channels

Well my strip there was very nice i appreciate the kindness of the staff and the comfort of the room expecially it was really nice

Overall the stay was good. If I have option I would not booked it again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathrooms have NO MUSLIM SHOWER. Upon asking they told that all bathrooms are alike. Isnt it strange that in a Muslim country you dont have muslim shower for cleaning. I have booked a twin room as myself and my collegue is staying but upon arrival i came to know that only one breakfast was included in my booking. So I have no option but to exclude that breakfast too because one breakfast is for 35Dhm which is too expensive.

Location is good. Near to beach and city center. Value for money.

The location and price is reasonable.
    • Standard Twin Room

The amount of prostitution in the area is crazy. I had to wake up at 3 am because the room next to me was having a fight with a prostitute about pricing. Very low class and dirty.

The location and price is reasonable.

Good but we need more friendliness at the reception

The bedsheets and towels were too old

The male staff in the morning were very friendly but the filipino lady during my check in time was not as friendly

The location and service is good

I didn't like the fact that they set drinks in your room which you will be forced to pay later on at avery high price.

The location and service is good

Highly recommended!

The hotel reception were outstanding - We checked in after midnight but it went very smoothly and took only some minutes. Same was for the check out. Also they were keen to help as I had an issue with my flight and they were always ready to help and provided me with any information. I would highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

They Dont have Parking but still there is Under ground Parking In front of Hotel which is 2 AED per Hour and AED 15for 24 Hours.

It was very Good hotel with all facilities. Staff was nice and cooperative.

Great place to stay in the city !!

nothing!

The check-in procedure was very prompt, courteous & very helpful staff. The room was spacious clean and comfortable. Easy access and transportation convenience is to be mentioned.

The reception was very welcoming.
    • Standard Twin Room

The service was little poor. Basic appliance where not available in the room I.e Iron and iron board, microwave oven. Air conditioning water was leaking within the room during our whole stay. The balcony was very dirty and the door was jammed.

The reception was very welcoming. The room was spacious and clean. It was a very quite stay.

Room size, Beds.
    • Standard Twin Room

No parking, No functional windows, weak, small TV, shower nozzle, washroom can be cleaner, reception staff,

Room size, Beds. AC, room service staff, dental kits

carpets were not clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

carpets were not clean..they were dusty.. when I entered the room there were no towels.. I left for the city and returned after 2 hours.. So I told the guy at reception that there are no towels .. but when I reached the room towels were there.. so I didn't like anybody entering the room in my absence.. also in the morning around 9:00 somebody knocked multiple times and when there was no response he tried to open the door also.. later I got up and opened the door and he asked if you have some clothes for laundry.. all these things made me insecure.. toilet flush button too hard to press even for adults.. they didn't seem to change to complimentary tea bags, sugar etc..

I didn't like it

The only thing that I annoyed me the most about that Hotel is they were knocking door to door asking for laundry something around 5 to 6 in the morning and you can hear everything that's going on in that floor so you cannot have peaceful sleep , the TV is very old Plasma TV and it's very small like a computer monitor luckily I manage to hook up my phone with the HDMI with an adaptor installed watching online shows because the channels that they provide us is really bad and the shows and movie selections is redundant

The staff very friendly and talkative

Nice stay at Abu Dhabi
    • Standard Twin Room

No thing everything was excellent

Everything was excellent. The price worth it all. The personnel are marvellous. Clean hotel. Nice place near bye everything. Excellent stay I will repeat it definitely. Thanks for everything

It's very nice or clean .

They're is a well trained staff as well ...keep it up ...its my favourite place for staying ...

It's very nice or clean .or very close to all the landmark ... wonderful views from the upper floor....

Good if the did some adjustments
    • Standard Twin Room

No parking No tv in the lobby Breakfast will finished earlier than other hotels

Parking is the big challenge in this area, the breakfast will finished by 10:30 I have to ask for prayer mat

Do not stay in room 902
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom smelled bad. The sewage smell coul not be masked. The water boiler was broken. The light bulbs went out. The internet did not work. They sent an engineer and he couldnt fix it either. The carpet was very stained. The mirror was not cleaned. 1 of the massage chairs in gym (leg and foot area) was broken. Pillows are too soft. No neck support. The tv would not turn off, so I had to unplug from wall. Took hours to get a spoon that should have been with my tea/coffee set.

Bed was comfortable

Had a room dedicated for muslims to pray.
    • Standard Twin Room

More for your money at neighboring Gloria hotel. Same exact spa. You get head, neck & shoulder service with their foot massage. Only feet are done at this place.

Had a room dedicated for muslims to pray.

Wonderful night ...

Its my pleasure to be their again ..spending wonder full night ..nice and clean room .....checking so fast reception doing really great job ...housekeeping thanks to them ...feel so comfortable ...so going their over and over again. ..best hotel ...

Good

Room no.1708 telephone proper not working,and in that room I found garbage been without plastic also inside the toile been, I think housekeeping team little careless about cleaning methods.

Yes I like hotel room and bed and facilites.

Rooms an.. housekeeping an.. room service an.. Special. .. front office staffs. ( may )

Everything good

Nice view... rooms an.. Hotel very nice.. staffs allso.. caring an..handling guest... very amazing an.. excellent.. relationship.all.staffs.. Special .my.congrats ..for .. front office staff Ms.. May

Normal.

Upon check out , they let you wait at the reception as a criminal until they go and check the room. Shame. As if there is something valuable on the room. It's humiliating. I have witnessed when hotel was making problem for someone to check in, and also I have witnessed a local guy (staff said he is staying long term) bringing "a business lady" to a hotel, and receptionists just let him take her in without having her to check in ..... dodgy business that hotel is supporting ...

The bed was comfortable. The staff were pleasant.

I will definitely stay again

This is my second tome staying in this hotel. I really enjoy the service and the efficiency of checking but checkout is slow you have to wait for about 10 minutes for someone to check the room. I would like to mention Sarah the housekeeping staff with her Beautiful smile who provide some amenities as i requested.may the smile be an example for the rest of your team. I will definitely stay again in this hotel.

the stay overall was pleasant, just the coordiation with the...

the stay overall was pleasant, just the coordiation with the staff is required as we forgot the key in our room while checking out and with all the luggage, we requested them to ask any teller to get it but they refused and sent us back up. otherwise the stay and hotel was good

60% good
    • Standard Twin Room

There is no valet parking , and there is no enough parking for your car, didn't clean the room well

It's in center of Abu Dhabi, alot of shops near the hotel, very good price, and nice staff

This time the hotel rooms were very uncomfortable it was...

This time the hotel rooms were very uncomfortable it was located in the corner of the building which was cutting the half part.

This time the hotel rooms were very uncomfortable it was...

Nice hotel

The door key didn't work at our first attempt but been reactivated and the guard assist us till we get to our room.

It was so comfortable and our request was given on time.

Worst experience

They're saying they are up until 2pm latest for the check out and even if you advice the desk for the late check out they will still call you at 11 to check out at 12 because they are fully book..i just dont like giving wrong expectation to customer. Its like you need to go out of the hotel because people are coming for a new booking..its like your turn is done can you go out of the hotel???. Staff is calling you having a not good tone of voice.

N/a

Good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

The porters did not assist with the luggage when we arrived. Also,on our departure,we have to ask for assistance with the luggage

The room was spacious.

Disappointed and no consideration

The management it self.. we all know in general that the check out timing is maximum at 2 pm and as a genius member we r entitled for 2 hours more as complementary.. and kindly please review all my booking dates as i keep coming back for 4 yrs in this hotel and no consideration at all.. and another point for your front desk staff.. give her more training abd teach how to smile properly this is her job.

Quite big space

No consideration for a regular guest
    • Standard Twin Room

Front desk staff!! For 4 yrs ive been choosing this hotel becoz of the comfortable ambience not recently they keep calling us before 12 as we know the policy for all the guest is maximum till 2pm!!! And we r entitled to get another 2 hours extend time as a genius member of booking.com!!! Filipina Front desk after noon shift doest smile at all... even u r pissed off u have to do your job to let the guest feel comfortable. (3/10/2018 4pm)

The room quite big enough

Great stay

Really nice to b there ...feel like home.....I would like to thanks Mr jevan....help me to check in ...give me nice comfort room... Thanks all the stuff from reception as well doing really good job ....see u text time ...

Great stay.

Convenient location just near the public underground carpark. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff were very efficient and welcoming - namely Mr. Binyam and Mrs. May. Thank you!

The bathrooms really needs to be cleaned!
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathrooms really needs to be cleaned!!!! Not happy with the dirt around the taps and shower toilet also needs to be inspected before customers arrive

Great stay!

Room and bathroom were spacious. Very convenient underground parking, lovely staff, namely Mr. Binyam & Mrs. May in the front desk reservation. Will be back again!

Nice and comfortable hotel to stay with family..
    • Standard Twin Room

There is no water pipe next to toilet seat, you have to literally get up without washing and use another seat for washing. This is not convenient for kids specially.

We had taken twin room with 2 double beds, room was spacious enough to move around easily. No complaints and my family was happy.

Efficient and welcoming front desk staff, namely Mr.

All was great!..

Efficient and welcoming front desk staff, namely Mr. Binyam and Ms. May. Close by underground car park, spacious clean rooms and bathrooms. 24 hour kitchen service. Will definitely return back!

Will definitely be back now that we have experienced a memorable stay!

All was great..

Spacious and clean room and bathroom. 24 hour kitchen service. Big thank you to Mr. Binyam and Ms. May for the exceptional service and efficiency. Will definitely come back here.

feel save nd happy
    • Standard Twin Room

about sttuf mashllah all good nd with respct gearting me one of them ate may nd mr banyan kunjoo there is the best..

I like that they call me early morning. ask sir dubble check wath time check out..i hate that..

House keeping came in the morning, and came again at night to add a towel because he ran out of them in the morning and changed only one , if I hadn't locked the room he would have entered while I was changing. So lock your rooms.

Spacious twin bedroom, very home-like, all essentials available, friendly staff. Great location too.

This Hotel is value for the money, if you are looking for...

This Hotel is value for the money, if you are looking for good and cheap place to stay in Abu Dhabi downtown this is your destination .The location is very good and close to the shops. Very quiet and suitable for families

Old but presents good value.

I stayed in the hotel before and it was fine, however this time I had mild skin reaction (dust mites feeling) when sat in upholstered armchairs in the room.

Responsive and friendly staff. good room size.

Small but nice and quiet room
    • Standard Twin Room

Service very poor.no valet parking no smiling reception staff no eye contact no payment receipt no key holder and reception staff they should advise to the guest hotel restaurant and other facilities I had called 4 times for ice but no one send for me 1st concierge 2nd reception 3rd and 4th room service.they should need more training to improve the hotel business and the room service that lady too rude who picked my call not even greeting.

Location and room lighting

Changing the room was not satisfactory experience at all .
    • Standard Twin Room

Changing the room was not satisfactory experience at all . Quality of furniture is not that good City view rooms are so adjacent to near buildings so no privacy.

I will not book again in this hotel

Bad staff

They did not take the request for late check out.. they did not inform me that they will not grant it instead they ask me to leave 30 minutes before check out

Needs imporvment

The staff werent very welcoming and get the feeling you are ignored, there werent much pillows for sunggling and felt little uncomfortable

The location was pretty nice from the top floors, the design and the textures of the room is beautiful, feels fancy, neat and clean

bad 4 nights ever. I will not use booking
    • Standard Twin Room

I don't like it , the staff very bad, also they lied to me after I booked with booking , he add a lot of money , and he said that he don't care about booking, because he saw as so tired and he know the all hotels arunde it its full , so he changed me double of what I booked at booking , plus parking not free , 15$ per night , plus not clean .

It was average. Mixed experience, Good experience from the room up-gradation from standard twin bto
    • Standard Twin Room

1. Bidet shower was not found in the standard twin room. 2. The lighting of the standard Twin bed room was not sufficient. 3. Less electrical socket. I have to remove the light plug to access socket for the mobile charger. 4. Small room. 5. I was given only one bed, while in the photo, there was two bed. Hotel offered me to give two beds as desired, but the room seems to be very small to accommodate two beds.

There was up-gradation of one room to Jr. Suite room. Big room, good looking, comfortable. Hotel staff was good.

Would have been better
    • Standard Twin Room

Upon entering the room, there is a foul smell coming from the washroom. Requested for room transfer but was rejected as they are telling that the room is already used. Housekeeping came to check and sprayed odor neutralizer, it worked for several minutes and afterwards, the smell is there again. Since I checked in late, I opted to just close the washroom door to at least minimize it as I'm really tired already and needed to rest for the next day meeting to attend.

The location is quite good for business travelers. Taxi drivers are aware of the location.The staff are attentive though the request to change for another available room was rejected.

Bad

No vallet parking, room was not ready for 2 adults, no bathrobs, room smell was bad, bed mattress not comfortable, tea mugs were dirty, noisy in the corridor.

Tv channels only

so im looking to stay one nghit in end of the month if i got a good price here sure
    • Standard Twin Room

all device was good and no desturbuce also so I like this hotel

Ithink I'm good customer for this hotel since many year just if possible to a range the for me good price next time thanks

It was a great experience actually its our second time, but...
    • Standard Twin Room

It was a great experience actually its our second time, but this time we are celebrating our 8th anniversary, thank you for the excellent service for supporting me for the perfect set-up to surprise my fiance especially the beautiful ladies in the reception stephanie, other filipina and to the security(filipino).. for sure we will be coming back there..

Adjecent to our room people were drunk and making noice and...
    • Standard Twin Room

Adjecent to our room people were drunk and making noice and we are unable to sleep at 2, o clock. On complain nothing happened untill these people start fighting each other at 3.30 am...and security has to involve...envoirment of hotel is bad.

stay could have been better
    • Standard Twin Room

no parking for hotel guest, had to park in the paid underground parking, buffet breakfast had very less options, doors need to be sound proof, had someone screaming all night and was very disturbing, no bills/receipt were given out after check out, any requests for toothpaste or prayer mats took a long time.

The location was good, rooms were big, with decent internet connectivity

Good facility with lack of good management
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was not adequately cleaned, the fridge was not working well and it had some leftover food from any previous guests that was not cleaned. Bathroom face zoom mirror was broken and was hanging on one screw in very poor condition that can fall anytime. Television channel reception was very poor quality at the beginning and it became fine after 15 mins. I requested few tea spoons for my kids that came to me after 45 mins and that too after 4 reminders to room service, to counter and Operator. Guess what...they sent only 1 tea spoon :( They did not mention anywhere that parking is not there, we had to park car in the govt parking for a fee each time we took car out and came in. Ideally it should be mentioned that parking is not available inside hotel, its paid govt parking outside the hotel. Counter had only one person entertaining all guests and phone calls, this fellow was very well behaved but infact due to the fact he was alone at the counter, customer service had to be delayed.

Location, size of room and food was fine. Close by supermarkets and stores. Good shopping locations / stores around the hotel. Good behavior from staff.

I like the place of location hotel , because it near in the...

What I feel don't like is , when I come check in at the evening time at the reception all the staff are arguing about their job . I feel like they can not Handel proper their what is responsibility job . The two lady are shouting and blaming to their another two boy staff .And the rest are fine , I want to advice for staff they need more training from their management. Thank u very much

I like the place of location hotel , because it near in the city whatever we. want we can go easily . The facilities also have good providing as well .

Please improve your service, dont tell to any one come inside the room if some one taking shower

Room fine bathroom dirty

Some body sleeping or taking shower directly they come inside the room without telling anything, if any body naked what will be happen, its horrible.

Catering service is good!

We have to wait for the staff for check-in process. And they take time before starting the check-in. Expensive rate that not meet our expectations.

Catering service is good!

Great place to be......

I Lodge at second floor but don't like the bad scent in the corridor. At list reception should have call to the room to find out if you are okay.

I think air fragrance should have past on the wall

Very bad
    • Standard Twin Room

The room is not clean .. no care about the details it is dusty everywhere even the bed sheet wasnot clean ..I asked them to change my room as I had bites over all my body .. they deduct from my credit card for another room I won't repeat it even if it was for free

The the property presented is too good

I have called to room service to deliver one water bottle but unfortunately until I check out they didn't provided for me

The the property presented is too good

not recommended unless u are a bachelor...

bad smell inside room,bathroom not clean at all....small water was like aed 5 which is almost 1dhs on dept store..and 1 liter bottle was 12 dhs...

nothing...but its cheap....

Value for Money
    • Standard Twin Room

Bath Towel and hand towels you have to call house keeping all the time to keep in the room. Valute Parking not avaiable Hotel management must arrange the parking for te guest.Too much problem parking

Recieptionist one Pakistani guy Mr. Usman was very helpful wonderful person, Twin bed and room was very comfortable. Nice location Center of the city.

Browse Grand Continental Flamingo Hotel traveller photo gallery