Reviews of Grandeur Hotel Al Barsha 4 stars

Behind Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#158 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Executive Room

1- Its better to add at least an additional power socket to be beside the bed. 2- It'll be better if the light at room entry to be controlled by a switch, coz i couldn't switch of it off.

1- Amazing hotel comparing to its rate. 2- Very quite room. 3- Wonderful TV. 4- A/C was so cool, and very quite. 5- Comfortable wide bed with too many of billow.

• Deluxe Suite

One of my worst stays in Dubai, had lots of problems although I booked a suite, some of the issues: 1. Room key never worked had to change it every time I need to access the room. 2. Baby crib was so dirty seems never cleaned. 3. A sound of running water and drainage inside the walls was very loud. 4. toilet accessories were not fitted properly. 5. Requests to Housekeeping were ignored every day. 6. Baby blanket was the Saudi airlines blanket that you receive when flying long distance. 7. Breakfast was very limited in options, the chef was not available to make you anything (omelets for example), they had to call him. 8. Breakfast was served inside one of the night clubs, no windows at all decor and setup were for a club, felt like it's night time. 9. the toilet was smiley and there were some flying insects. 10. Wifi password was provided only after we checked in in an A4 paper with at least 10 digits long, once you go out of the hotel and in you will need to enter it again every time. 11. parking in front of the hotel was a headache, you cant unload or drop of people easily, the hotel staff allowed the guests and busses to park as they are pleased even if they block the drop-off area. The hotel reception was renovated however everything else seems old and worn off. Don't stay there is my advice

Nothing at all.

• Executive Room

Very bad staff in the bar who will not allow to watch football unless you order food or alcohol.

The reception staff were very friendly and room very clean

• Executive Room

- No bath tube in the toilet. - There was no curtain in the shower, which of course lead to fill toilet floor with water after shower.

- Free parking - Location near by Mall of the emirates. - Comfortable beds.

• Executive Room

Appreciate all the courtesies services which was provided during our stay. Everything was up to the mark and the staff are trained well. They are very professional.

• Executive Room

Train and monitor some of your front office associates to avoid any issues with your guests! Repeated issues are really disgusting :( 20% of your guests are hoteliers and they are not stupid to cheat/lie or play with them even if it’s happens mistakenly!!!!

The best for providing an excellent and exceptional service are (Bhuvesha, Hicham he is so much kind and helpful while talking to him i get to know that he is new in the country and he have lot of knowledge about the hospitality industry! Meet you in a good position Hicham GOOD LUCK, Julie and Yassir All of you guys are good team. Housekeeping staff are very polite and courteous.

• Executive Room

Phone in my room wasn't calling out side But I was surprised to be charged for phone calls I made yet I tried to call but all in vein.

Amazing hotel in albash checking in was so nice I don't remember the name of guys On reception I loved there're professionalism

• Executive Room

Nothing at all. Thanks for upgrading us. Appreciate your gesture. We have extended our stay one more night because of your service. Thanks to all of you grandeur team ;)

Front office and housekeeping teams are professional and helpful. They are always greeting us with a firm welcoming. Especial thanks to Hicham at front desk and operator filipina lady im sorry didn’t ask about her name she’s good for taking over our order and she pass it immediately to bell team. Same was delivered within seconds! Its awesome. Good job guys keep it up.

• Executive Room

shower didnt work well even i set it into warm, the water comes out is either too cold or too hot, lots of stains in the chair which is unhygienic.

nice bed and pillow

None so far

Employees are very accommodating and the price is fair enough for the stay. Special mention to kuya from the pool and philip who helped me carry my bag and check amenity areas

• Executive Room

Well situated for the area I wanted to be in and great staff being disabled slightly the staff helped me greatly

Clean, well situated and 1st class staff

• Executive Room

I call Operator and i request for Turn Down Service And he say me that its not possible we can make the Room Tomorrow then i request him to change the towels please And i went to Dubai Mall when i come back my room was still Dirty With full of water in Washroom they did not change the towels . and they did not clean my Room

Hello Recently I stayed at your hotel and really appreciated your staff. I was there from 30 April to may 1st . I was moving from KSA to China. Your staff was very accommodating and at times went out of their way to ensure my short visit was also pleasant. I especially want to thanks Julie for being so kind and helpful In Front Desk. I will definitely stay at your hotel when I visit Dubai again.☺ Thank you!! Aamir Badyari Room No 806

• Executive Room

the receptionist keep on calling us for check out where in we already renew to extend for two days but every hour he keep on calling us .thats why we move to Ramada hotel besides them .we got annoyed for the behavior of the receptionist

the housekeeping are very clean and respectful to us.

• Executive Room

It was a good stay but the swimming pool is so small it feels more like a bathtub than a swimming pool. It looks so different in photos. They charge extra for everything that was not in the deal like extra complimentary water.

. But the staff was more than helpful and exceeded my expectations

• Executive Room

Just the swimming pool side. When we went to use the pool there was no attendant and it seems that the pool was under cleaning because the water was dirty but no one was there to inform and give us towel and I think the Jacuzzi water should be a bit warmer than that.

While doing our check in we was upgrade to suite room without asking we enjoy very much.Thank you

• Executive Room

The nearest metro station is located in the Mall of Emirates, which is about 20 minuted by foot...

The staff was exceptional friendly and really helpful!

• Executive Room

The location is excellent and the rooms are spacious and clean. They have a bar and restaurant which is useful. There is free parking which is essential in Al Barsha. Close proximity to MOE makes it ideal for all.

• Executive Room

Poor furniture Not clean Had a skin rash after my first night and had to checkout from the hotel. I dont know if it was due to dirty sheets or allergic reaction from the fregrance spray all over the sheets But what i know is that the rash subsided the next day when i moved to another hotel.

Price is concidered cheap Large rooms Large bathrooms Valet parking Its located near Emirates mall for shoppers

• Executive Room

The staffs were approachable, with great smiles and warm welcome. The front desk agents were very helpful s/o to Ms. Rashmi, the Pakistani guy and Filipino lady (sorry I didn’t get their names, tho you’ll know who I’m talking to when you get there 😊). The concierge were pleasant, too. We’ve got an upgrade to a suit room, for sure I will come back and recommend this hotel to my friends & family! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Executive Room

Great hotel with good size room and bed. The staff are very friendly and there is valet parking. Great price for the hotel as well, we were really impressed.

• Executive Room

Can’t think of any right now

The staff were very friendly and professional. I requested an early check-in at the last minute and they did their best to accommodate me. They even upgraded me to an executive suite.

• Executive Room

Very horrible evening, location was a disaster to get to, not close to the mall of the Emirates, amenities are very worn and used...chairs near the pool were all torn and worn

Staff were okay

• Executive Room

An early check in request was granted . A very quick respond from housekeeping when asked for slippers . Guys at the door were so friendly when left the hotel.

• Executive Room

It’s really calm and nice. All staffs are very nice. There is no problem faced while staying. Great they may start shuttle service for mall of emirates it will be added advantage for them in future.

• Executive Room

Had ordered for late dinner.. was served post 1.5 hours. The attendant who delivered dinner said the Chef was in a party and had to be called back. This was bit amusing.

• Executive Room

Pleasant hotel with great size bedrooms. The hotel rooms offered lots of space and the staff were really accommodating. The hotel provided with extra toiletries on request, which were delivered to the room. The staff were polite and went out of there way to assist wherever they could. The rooms were fully equipped. Couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Really good value for money! It's not as new as some of the hotels in Dubai but it is clean and cosy. The hotel is extol like the pictures there were no nasty surprises. Would definitely come back!

• Executive Room

I would like to thank the receptionist Ms RASHMIA she was giving services professionally and upgraded me as I was with my husband and booked only 1 room but she surprised us and booked a sweet for us .I will definitely book again in this property:) They gave us excellent hospitality ... best regards

• Executive Room

Stayed in the hotel earlier during the week. For the same room rate, did not get breakfast. Disappointing. Bathroom lights very low for shaving. Restaurant was awful.

Generally all good.

• Executive Room

I stayed only 01 night I was expecting upgrade non smoking room but I got smoking room even that's ok for me I enjoyed

I like the person(Young person)Manager who met me upon checkout time I feel like home

• Executive Room

We had no time to see the pool area and we finally didn't have breakfast, so I have no information about these.. But all the rest are really perfect

We had a upgrade room without even asking.. We stayed in a really big and a extra comfy suite.. The stuff was really cool, with the sense of humour, so much helpful with everything..

• Executive Room

Was my second stay at this hotel. Really nice. Will recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in a quite side of dubai. 10 min walk from the Mall/Metro. Nice rooftop pool, free wifi.

• Executive Room

I am disappointed because of the breakfast, not that much choices and coffee was like water. Hotel staff was unfirendly. When we arrived nobody offered sightseeing options or helps for us. When I paid our bill receptionist was arguing with me and he couldnt let me to talk about one of my previous story . One day we arrived to the hotel with our friend and everybody was looking us so badly because of him like we are bad girls.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Executive Room

Only 2 small bottles of water complementary per day Room Service was slow to serve a bottled water Valet parking slow

I liked how clean and furnished fast check in friendly front desk

• Executive Room

Location: nothing in walking distance

The girl at the desk was very kind - she upgraded us to a suite for free - and the room was great. Excellent value for money.

• Deluxe Room

As a none smoker there was a smell of tobacco in the corridor outside my room.

Very pleased with my room. Single occupancy but had a very large bed. Staff were very helpful when asked for help.

• Executive Room

Some of the basic rooms are not reflective of the pictures. I asked for a non smoking room and they put me in a smoking room and tried to lie it was a non smoking room. It took quite a hassle to get my room changed. Other wise it was good and will return

The location. Staff were very friendly. Has a nice bar downstairs and a business center

• Executive Room

Requested Ice from the Room Service and after calling twice got the ice cubes after 40mts, no slippers on the room or bath towels

i like the location and the rest was fine

• Executive Room

Pillows were a bit too soft for me. Perhaps a selection of 2 pillow types might be a good idea.

The staff at both the reception desk and restaurant (at breakfast time) were extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel’s location is very good, literally 10 minutes from Mall of the Emirates.

• Executive Room

The view from the hotel was not nice, looking directly at the wall of the opposite building. The windows could not be opened.

I stayed in this hotel for just one night. The check in experience was pretty fast and the stay was friendly. The best thing about the hotel is value for money. It was one of he cheapest hotels in the area, but the room was pretty nice, with big bathroom, water, coffee and other amenities. I did not book the breakfast at the hotel and didn't use any facilities. I would definitely recommend this place, especially for a short stay; if you are looking just for a place to sleep.

• Executive Room

Since its a suite, the tv is in the living room. So the location of the tv, we cant watch it from the bed, but its just a minor things. All in all everything was great!

Its our first time to stay in this hotel, the lounge lobby was unique, special mention to the night reception stafff who gave us an upgrade to suite which is very much appreciated! my partner loved the room. The living room, and bathroom was spacious, all the bath amenities was there (in most other hotel usually i have to call to ask dental kit and comb) Short to sum up this hotel was a great choice amongst nearby properties in al barsha, we didnt regret it at all.

• Executive Room

Check out was taking longtime “10-15 minutes” other hotel I experienced were withing 1 minute. Request for twin bed, the have given double bed with extra bed “upgraded room” however, the extra bed was like sleeping on a rock.

Location and price

• Executive Room

the window is closed, u cant open it. and when u smoking in the room after ur all cloth is smelling so bad.

it was a dust in the room somewhere, and the carpets next to the bed weren't clean enough, everything else was good

• Executive Room

What I did not like in the hotel is the operating hours of the swimming pool. It operates only from 07:00 AM till 07:00 PM. It would be great if it operates a bit longer - till 10:00 PM for example, because the view from the top is not bad and even if the pool is "closed", the area could be used for a relaxing time and/or having a cocktail on the roof.

What I liked most is the friendly and always helpful hotel staff. Also, location of the hotel is good - it is close to the Metro station of the Mall of the Emirates and to the mall itself. Also, there are some 24x7 shops near the hotel.

• Executive Room

the pool wasnt clean when we swim.

the promptiness of the service, cleanliness and the friendly and affordable price of the hotel... the interior too is great.

• Executive Room

The check-in was not pleasant and they took a deposit. The hotel was far from Dubai city center. It was supposed to be a four star property but the facilities and the standard was of a two star property. The restaurant mainly served Indian food and the waiters lacked training. The breakfast was very poor - mainly Asian food. All the building fit-out materials used in the hotel looks very cheap and sub standard including the coffee shop chairs, tables, etc.

The Indian lady receptionist and some of the staff at the bell desk.

• Executive Room

They didn`t have any free rooms for early check-inn (was requested before), though they had a lot when I booked 2 days before.

Clean, good room. Complimentary coffee. 8 min walking to the Mall of Emirates.

• Executive Room

Rooms were a little too cold - air condition seems to keep working even if no one is in the room. Wi-fi worked well early in the morning, but was a little too slow during the day.

Very spacious rooms, well furnished. Good service. Good value. Location is good and central to Dubai attractions, but a little too far to walk to the metro station - especially if it is a hot day.

• Executive Room

everything was perfect i even left a high rating in their survey in the room, but i felt disappointed when we checked out the receptionist asked if we did drink anything from the fridge and i said NO, we are willing to wait for them to check the room before we go but the front desk told me that we can go and everything is okay, but after 2-3hrs they someone from the hotel called me asking that if we drink one RedBull in the fridge and i told her NO first call is okay, then after 1 hour someone called again and asking the same question... for God sake for just one REDBULL in can, they let us go and didn't check the room and after hours they will call and tell you that there's a missing ONE Can of REDBULL, first of all i don't drink RB as it is high in caffeine and my sugar is high.

my stay is pleasant i am happy with the facilities and service but not till they called me for one can of RedBull.

• Executive Room

The rates are a bit high at times and needs to be adjusted

Again, its one of my favorite hotels to go to, the staff are friendly the service is fast including the and valet parking.

• Executive Room

The hotel tooooo noisy no relaxing of the noice.no team working between the staff.if you cpmplian no one care no follow up .i dont recomended to anyone .it was bad experience ..very upset from the hotel.it should rate it as 2 star not 4 star.

Some staff they are good.the size of the room good.

• Executive Room

I didn’t like to go there again. The room is very bad and has a very offensive smell socially the pillows. Staff is very bad except the 2 Egyptian gays at night shift. When I went to make check out, They told me wait till finish the room check. Then they forget me and I waited for 40 minuets. I like to make a complaint to a ministry of tourism.

• Executive Room

The bed was a bit uncomfortable, as it was two single beds joint and i experienced a backache on the first night as the bed was imbalanced from the midle!

Best value for money/ great location (close to mall of emirates)/ staff were helpfull/ and we enjoyed our stay

• Executive Room

The photos i was shown when booking were not of the room i was given. the hotel is very dated, the corridors had a strange stale smell. my room looked out on to a wall of another building. the pool was minuscule and had been photographed to make it look significantly better. the pool“bar” looked like a bookshelf which had a bottle of whiskey on top of it and a stool behind on a piece of fake turf - not really a bar. The bar inside is very bleak and dark with no atmosphere, but the staff were nice enough. I wasn’t told i had to pay a security deposit when i checked in - the staff member said there was no need to take one - but as a result my minibar was locked so i couldn’t use it and i wasn’t then able to charge anything to the room. I also booked breakfast and was told i hadn’t been changed for it despite having a confirmation email saying i had. All in all really underwhelming for Dubai, there are plenty of wonderful places to stay. But not here.

Big comfy bed. Staff in the main bar were lovely.

• Executive Room

The room was on the main street and the window wasn‘t sound proof. In addition the Hotel external spotlights were on this window too i.e. we couldn‘t properly sleep.

Wifi

• Executive Room

Breakfast was not that special and the breakfast room was pretty dark (no windows). Good location for the mall of the emirates, but pretty far from other sights.

Really friendly staff and nice rooms.

• Executive Room

Spacious room, clean and elegant. Staff were friendly and the location is very good close proximity to restaurants, supermarkets, the Mall of the Emirates, and the Metro station.

• Executive Room

They need to improve more their bathrooms by changing the old design shower. Also the water of the bathroom not hot enough. The room floor should be a carpet.

Good staff.. good location.. clean hotel Comfort bed. Space for parking

• Executive Room

The swimming pool was closed early. I did not have a facility offer to visit spa for free.

The king bed was super warm and comfy. The staff were so friendly.

• Executive Suite

Staff named Latif for not giving us late check out even though we checked in at 4pm. - swimming pool that is so dirty plus - staffs are not smiling when we arrived Until we stayed for 2 days

• Deluxe Room

It's not really a glamorous hotel but it served its purpose

Friendly staff, the morning buffet was excellent, the tour representative was ever so helpful and nice . Pool on roof top was delightful .... Hotel is well located.

• Executive Room

In smoking room you can't open window. This is from government . However it's not comfortable , coz we took smoking room . You can feel the smell when you enter , which gives you impression of old not clean place. My husband smokes and I don't , so it's super inconvenient. First time in dubai I face such issue.

Extremely friendly staff :)

• Executive Room

Room is boring, no balcony and even if it was there, no nice view anyways. Swimming pool facility is a very humble one so don't count on getting your meditation time up there. Room lights are very dim.

Nice, clean and relatively new hotel. You basically get what you book. Staff are nice, and cars are parked by the hotel staff. My overall rating is very positive. Service, cleanness and room size are just perfect for the value.

• Executive Room

Quite a walk from the metro since there are no pavements. Nothing I recommend for people with small children.

Clean and nice. Staff helped us out immediately when we had an issue.

• Executive Room

When Am about to check out I called front desk coz I want it give him my car parking but he said I have to come down .

Everything.. all the guys from front deck they where very nice .. the guys are from night shift.

• Deluxe Room

The staff was very very rude! I cannot expect a hotel who is charging that much will be so much rude. There was one Arabic guy I don't remember his name exactly may be polos something like that was very rude. I am really disappointed with my stay there. The guy was reacting as if I am staying for free in the hotel

• Executive Room

Cleanliness is challanged, and the sad part was: in the bathroom. The hallway could use a paintjob, but other than that nothing major. Unfortunately rooms and hallways have a damp, smoky smell - also bearable. With all this listed above I would stay here again any time, no doubt. :)

Staff is friendly and super helpful. Location is quite alright with fast access to Jumeirah lakes and Marina by cab. They upgraded us to a suite which was a nice gesture. There is a coffee shop in house which makes your stay even more pleasant. They gave us 2 gift coupons for our first coffees as well.

• Executive Room

Didn't like that afternoon lady. She wasn't so calm and all that. No smiles , nothing of that sought. The guys were friendly and so cool.

Easy to walk to the Mall of Emirate and other grocery stores. Great location. Pool was good.

• Executive Room

Breakfast was ok if you like continental, but the contents of the cooked breakfast were somewhat odd.

Staff brilliant, room very comfortable and nice quiet pool

• Deluxe Room

First, when we arrived they told us that our reservation was cancelled, even if I sent an email to them days before our arrival that we will check in late. Then they offered us a more expensive room, as that is their only room available. The breakfast was horrible, we have never experienced such a bad breakfast in any hotels during our travellings. The room was dirty, and noisy. When we checked-out we had to pay additional fees what wasn't told us in prior. I wouldn't recommend to stay in this hotel to anyone.

• Executive Room

First of all, we've booked no smoking rooms but when we arrived we had to spend a night in a stinky smoking room (or floor) - terrible! The reception staff was not efficient at all and concierge wast'n much helpful as well, with a few rare exceptions. In the last 2 days we ran out of internet, for instance, then we've asked them to solve the problem but not even a feedback was given. Also, they charged us for an extra breakfast we just didn't take, by a mistake of the waiter. It was a very embarassing situation we've been exposed to, and it could be simply be solved with a security camera check, as WE proposed! But they just didn't had the expertise to realize they're mistake and the awful ebmarassment they submitted us to. Definetely it is not a 4 stars hotel! Maybe not even 3 stars. Don't be fooled!

CONCIERGE ONLY!

• Executive Suite

First of all, we've booked no smoking rooms but when we arrived we had to spend a night in a stinky smoking room (or floor) - terrible! The reception staff was not efficient at all with a few rare exceptions. In the last 2 days we ran out of internet, for instance, then we've asked them to solve the problem but not even a feedback was given. Also, they charged us for an extra breakfast we just didn't take, by a mistake of the waiter. It was a very embarassing situation we've been exposed to, and it could be simply be solved with a security camera check, as WE had proposed! But they just didn't had the expertise to realize they're own mistake and the awful ebmarassment they'd submitted us to. Definetely it is not a 4 stars hotel! Maybe not even 3 stars. Don't be fooled!

The concierge was very helpful!

• Deluxe Room

Staff at reception not that friendly, however polite. Gym and pool a bit old and small, value for money however is good! Rooms to the main street a bit noisy (but not that much).

Room Service was superior! Staff at reception were ok. Good location for trips! Clean hotel - overall we can recommend this hotel.

• Executive Room

The breakfast was quite basic. Also hotel doesn't have a proper business area and the bar and restaurant were not very cozy. Not a place were I wanted to eat my food or drink my wine.

The room size was very good and the kindness of the staff. The property is mid way between Dubai Marina and Dubai Trade Centre so well positioned and close to the main city points.

• Executive Room

Communication. Booking.com gave me different price and the property gave me a higher price. I had to pay more .

Availed for Breakfast and did not use it. Asked to adjust it in the room service bill but they denied.

• Executive Room

Very small amount of chairs next to pool

Whole hotel staff was very helpful and friendly and service was very personal. Location is quite close to metro station, which is essential in Dubai. Breakfast was sufficient

Browse Grandeur Hotel Al Barsha traveller photo gallery