Reviews of City Stay Inn Hotel Apartment

Al Barsha 1, Behind Mall Of Emirates, Al Barsha, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#140 of 318 Holiday rentals in Dubai

Poor service
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not sure if it was the hotel or booking.com. I tried to amend the dates and not cancel my booking but was declined. I had to pay for a full day because my arrival was early by seven hours but I checked out five hours before the time.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They are extremely dirty when we checked in there washrooms were not clean I myself flush comod.its ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwextremely disappointed

Reception took more than 10 minutes in checking our booking,...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Reception took more than 10 minutes in checking our booking, finding and arranging an available room for us. This is very unpleasant welcome by a hotel specially when you are with your kids They were quick to deduct the booking amount from my card in advance but couldn't fix a room for us to check in on time. With AED 460 for a night, there is no breakfast. No good value for money.

Good place
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I still believe they should get better crockeries, etc.

The location is great, the metro is 5 mins away, grocery shops and restaurants are a few meters away.

not up to my expectation
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room that was first given rm 606 to us A/c just stopped working at 5 am in the morning called the reception 3 times and when the engineer came he didn't exactly know what was wrong, since we couldn't tolerate the heat we went to the reception to know what could be done for this inconvenience at 5 am... they just changed the room which was suppose to be the option at the first call rather than me and my friend going down stairs, we spoke to the manager in the morning and he offered us a later checkout till 3 which was better since we had to move our stuff at 5 am..

You only get what you pay for, next time I need to be in the area this one will not be on my list
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Its an old building which has been given a coat of paint and is in desperate need of another one. Perhaps it is the season but there were far too many little fly's in the bathroom and kitchen. Close proximity to building sites so noisey.

Location it was close to were I had to be.

Good location and close to MOE
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Property needs proper cleaning and require regular fumigation (as we found some insects in the room)

Walking distance to Mall of Emirates, close to various eateries, stores and other services. Staff are very helpful and try to accommodate your requests.

Very bad experience
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything Daily same breakfast Cleanliness very poor So many mosquito Smelly furniture Smelly sofas Dirty carpet Not clean kitchen Not clean washrooms Smelly washrooms

We enjoyed our stay and the facilities of the hotel , apart from the cold water in the swimming pool
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The swimming pool the water is too cold

The cleanliness of the hotel facilities. We stayed for 5 nights and everyday the house keeping staff named Shehan came to clean the apartment and changed the bed sheets and towels daily and would arrange the place and leave it neat and tidy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Better crockery would make the place fantastic !

The location is great. The staff friendly (I came so many times that they all know me now). It is a walking distance from the metro; it is usually not a problem to find taxis. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel, a supermarket 20 (perhaps 30) meters away.

Overall was ok but i wished they at least be fair regarding showing us pictures on the booking app
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't request for handicapped appartments and i was surprised that my apartment was designed for handicapped and the main room bathroom has no bathtub and it was difficult for me to shower my kids / there was small flies in the Room/ and the big surprise that the sofa in tv lounge was so old nd the leather was torn.the water bottles and coffe nd tea sachet should be refilled by staff during the cleaning the room but no they didn't refil ..

Location was good and you can find restaurants and grocery store just at the hotel enterance

Good for 2-3 nights
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Cleanliness- kitchen need a general clean up. I ordered a breakfast but it was uneatable.

In general good. Staff is very helpful, beds are very comfy. Good wifi connection.

We cannot recommend this property. Nothing about our stay was good
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Building is in need of lots of repairs. Mattresses were very uncomfortable. Door to balcony didn’t close properly so it was very noisy while trying to sleep. Furnishings are very worn

Overall enjoyed my stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Two things could be better 1. Your in house transport serve could be more competitive vs local taxi. ( for the guest) 2. Booking money should be taken at the time if booking so that customers don't lose out on exchange rate.

The payment was not taken at the time of booking. As a result I lost out on exchange rate.

Overall was a good deal for our vacation.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Most likely the pictures posted on booking.com are from the hotel's opening, the current state of the hotel is no longer just as then. We did not use the kettle and the toaster, they had dead bugs in them.

Apartment we stayed in was relatively ok, the rooms were cleaned and the towels changed every day. Air conditioning worked perfectly, but we did not need it for February temperatures.

Not recommended
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast is pathetic. They serve it to your room but that too after an hour of placing the order for the breakfast. Most of the time they say their kitchen is closed and so things like even milk is not available. Very poor service as well

Great location near to all the major activities
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Reception area can be improved But really doesn't bother

Great location near to all the major activities Behind the Emirates mall Staff is great Nearby falcon restaurant is small place but great food Swimming pool is well maintained

Pleasant stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The two bed room apartment was quite big and nicely maintained. Loved the ambiance. Living room, kitchen and bed rooms were really good and exceeded our expectations.

Fit for family
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

1. If you would keep hand sanitary it would be fine. 2. If you could have a restaurant Atleast for the breakfast it would be good for families. 3. Please provide some basic provisions like salt, sugar and oil for cooking(small quantity)

All other extra activities are not in this facility which make it a peaceful stay for vacation. The metro is near, mall of emirates is near most attractions are nearby. I stayed with my dad mom sister and my nephew they came from India and I came from saudi we spent this vacation together and we didn’t miss our home because of the stay... thank you Special hats off for the room service. Thank you

Some staff attitude was good.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The manager was un co_operative as we need to stay for long time but he just increase the price. So, I do not advise any one to stay in this hotel as he will face a tough manager with no humanity. Finally, any hotel start with city stay is belong to the same chain as they have different hotels.

Some staff attitude was good.

Average experience

The bath tub in one of the bathrooms didnt drain well. In one of our rooms, the kitchen flooded when we were trying to do the dishes. There was just one water glass and only 2 coffee mugs which was very inconvenient. Some of the cooking utensils were old and looked quite hygienic. They only clean the room once a day at 9am. If you miss it your room will be dirty all day. So they have to clean even before you are ready.

The rooms were very spacious. The staff was very friendly. They greeted us everytime they saw us and were always helpful. Since we had a big delegation with kids, the set up was quite ideal as there was lots of space for the kids to play. It was much like being at home.

We loved the house keeping it was excellent.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The variable rate of the accommodation over the 14 days we stayed in the Hotel.

We loved the house keeping it was excellent. Specifically the cleaner by name Jamal on the 7th floor, he made our stay very enjoyable. We usually come back to a perfectly clean and dressed beds.

Okay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Hotel ambiance and stuff placed in apartment was too old. Needs to replace their beds and sofas and renovate rooms and washrooms

Room was okay but the stuff placed was pretty old.they need to replace washroom tiles and renovated the apartments. Location is very nice and is 5 mins walk to Mall of Emirates. For the per day room charges you can find better places in Dubai

Need a total revamp and management!! Will never book here and will make sure my loved ones never do
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Pretty much everything! Really disappointing from the start- after emailing the hotel several times of my early arrival- 5am with two very young children. I was finally told that I could check in no problem. On arrival I was told otherwise and told to pay extra to be able to check in early. No sympathy to the fact I had young children and were asleep in our arms! Also the room we’ve booked was unavailable- we’ve booked one bedroom apartment but we were given a two bedroom apartment- not an upgrade trust me as we didn’t have access to that second room as they locked it!! How appalling! Never have I felt so much dismay and really poor customer services and rude staffs !!!

Bed was so hard ended up with back pain. The apartment is so old/ sofa was ripped, cooked barely worked and the cleanliness of the curtains were appealing. Furnitures very old and need replacing! The toilets were just appealing and the smell was horrendous

Overall good value for money and a nice location.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Although it was non smoking the room was fitted with an ashtray and smelled of smoke. The staff brought us air freshener and left it for us. I would not have booked if I knew people smoked in the room as my son is allergic to smoke. He sneezed the entire time we were there and woke up stuffy. For this reason I will not book again. The apartment has the bare minimum in terms of kitchen items so we had to buy a can opener and spatula (items to cook with). The gas did not work on the stove and the dishwasher did not work either. They did supply with dish soap and a sponge. The pool was like ice and too cold to swim in during a December visit. I’m sure it’s much warmer in the summer months.

Overall it was good value, the apartment was spacious and easy to find. There was very little traffic and a super short walk to The Emirates Mall (5 minutes). Next door is a small shop with fruits, veg, drinks and anything you need. There is a pharmacy on the same street. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The gym was nice as well as the pool and there was a lifeguard on duty watching the kids. The apartment was clean and they cleaned our rooms during the stay.

Nice
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It is in a quite locality. , but very near to Mall of Emirates, Metro station , Big Bus availability . Good location and near to hotels . I recommend for family stay .

Lovely place to relax
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The oven in the apartment I was in was not working

It is quiet and comfortable. The apartments are really spacious. The staff is lovely too. If you need some timeout of your busy life. This is the place to be.

All stuff was always smiling and they were helpful with...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Gym pool and sauna could be open all night ;)

All stuff was always smiling and they were helpful with keeping luggage in store room after we checked out. Esprcially i love this filipina girl at the reception - very proffesional and kind.we felt like at home as always everything was clean on time , perfect big clean rooms, well equipment kitchen always tea coffee and water was there. Internet very fast. Quiet in thee property. Nice swimmingpool with shade and plants around. Lifeguard super nice always trying to check if everything is ok he gave us "space " which makes us feel confortable ( not like in other hostels where they sit around pool and stare all the time). Well done all stuff. Also keeping in touch trough email was quick and easy. Another plus loads of shops around and big mall of emirates .

Had a lovely time in dubai and lovely place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I think we booked the apartment for 2 nights but only ended up staying 1 night. Would've been good if they could've refunded for 1 night.

Overall loved the apartment lovely staff

Great holiday,good hotel,wonderful staffing,excellent location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The toilets and bathroom were all grubby and dirty,I expected everything in the apartment to be in good working order but the oven wasn't. This is the only let down. if the management can do something about these,it will probably get an 8.5 from me cause I'm hoping to revisit

The apartment was really good and staffing is spot on.

Will surely recommend
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Excellent service by hotel staff.Friendly and helpfull.Kumar was very helpful throughout our trip.Closer to metro,easy to travel around the city.Most restaurant do delivery at the hotel.

okay if you want to chill with family in an apartment to sleep but its not a hotel as we know them
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

guest service. we arrived early morning 6am and informed them well in advance and were leaving same time early morning 6am next day they charged us another full day cause of three hours. Be aware its about the money at this place and i wont be staying better a normal hotel customer service is not there and nothing works clocks kettles remotes bit of a joke really.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They should really change the kitchenware !! it is becoming very old and damaged.

The location is great !! Lots of restaurants around, few minutes from the Mall of the Emirates and the metro. Usually, nice staff.

Not happy at all
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The carpet was not clean, the bath had a split in the plastic lining, tiles were chipped, mound on tiles in both bathroom and cloakroom. The bed was like sleeping on a wooden board. Although we booked for an 8 day we only stayed for one night

THE APARTMENT WAS VERY SPACIOUS.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

THE APARTMENT WAS VERY SPACIOUS. WIFI IS GOOD BUT CANT MAKE WHAT'S APP CALLS ONLY 2 ENGLISH SPEAKING TELEVISION STATIONS. (CNN & FILM) TV PICTURES ARE UNCLEAR MUGS AND PLATES ARE CHIPPED NO ICE TRY TO MAKE ICE CUBES ONLY TWO DRINKING GLASSES SOFA IS OLD, TOWELS ARE HARD AND OFF COLOUR, ALTHOUGH CLEAN

good value for money nearr mall of emirates
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The toilets were old and flaky the location is close to mall of emirates, however there were 4 different city stay properties around that locality, so quite a struggle to educate cabbies.

Very spacious rooms, large kitchen comfortable couch very good value for money. kind staff who are pleasant and helpful

Spacious for family gathering
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The whole room has a bit bad smell, something like cigarette. And It seems that the bedsheet are not properly cleaned. Also, the room is a bit dim.

Staff are very accomodating..

Great location ideal for families
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property needs an overall refurbishment as May parts are outdated. Although clean the kitchen had one or two cockroaches running around. The reception staff did not offer much customer service more training in looking after guest is needed. I was was told that my card had problems but my bank confirmed that they had done the transaction wrong and this delayed my check- in. The rooms were not available until after 5pm so we had to wait. They do not want the towels to have any marks such as make up they want the towels spotless after use otherwise they charge AED30.00 per towel. I suggest if coming to the Apartments get your own towels. They wash their towels in house. I prefer new looking towels that do not show their age so if you are like me then bring your own or just go to the mall and you can get some really good ones in Carrefour. The apartment has a washer dryer so you can wash your own towels and clothes . The Apartments have several others with similar name so a bit confusing for taxi drivers and increase in cost if they get lost. Citystay Apartments Inn Citystay Apartments Max Citystay Apartments Prime Citystay Apartments hotel to name but a few. There is no postcode so you need to know which one is the right one they are all in the same area.

It was close and around 5 minutes walk to The Mall of the Emirates and there is a grocery store next door that opens late and did free delivery to the room. There is also restaurant/ take away that do free delivery to the room as well. It is easy to eat in the mall and more handy for those with little one such as KFC, subway, McDonald's, Papa Jones, etc The rooms are specious and the rooftop pool is covered with a shed so great on very hot days as you can enjoy a swim with worrying about sunburn. They have a small children's pool section and a lifeguard on duty until 7pm. The Apartments are close to the Metro station. Next door is a car rental company. Jumeriah beach is 10 minute drive by taxi and is around AED 20.00 The Airport it is around AED 65.00 Dubai Mall is around AED 35.00 and AED 6.00 single by Metro We saved a lot of money by using the Metro. Taxi rank is 5 minutes walk or you can call one from the apartment You get free local calls to landlines mobile and international calls are not available from the room. The apartment location is excellent and value for money compared to others in the area. *The rooms are serviced with daily maid service The property is safe I left my mobile phone in the room after checkout and they returned it to me safely.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They need to change the kitchen utensils that are really becoming very old now.

I stayed in apt 601, pretty quiet. The price I paid (3rd week of April) was reasonable compared to the nearby properties. There is a supermarket and a laundry hardly 50 meters from the hotel. The nearest metro station is within walking distance, 10 mins away.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Definate place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

My only gripe is that they never gave enough water

What friendly staff, the concierge at the hotel, was so helpful in directing us to a desert safari company, that was brilliant. All in all our 8 nights at the Apartment hotel were very enjoyable and I would strongly recommend staying there

Poor hygiene
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not clean enough. Specially bathroom wc was not clean and had fungus on rim. Towels had hair. Pillow shams and bed sheets were also not properly washed or changed. Kitchenware was incomplete. Only one glass given and three tea cups were cracked. One table chair's leg was also broken. Lounge sofa had cracked leatherete. Balcony was never cleaned during our stay. We had to ask for sugar and tea bags everyday as well as bathroom toiletries were not replaced with new ones.

Spacious. Big balcony

great location and value for the money. Desperately needs upgrading!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel really needs to upgrade their apartments. Toilets are old and just cant be cleaned anymore.

Lots of room, three bathrooms in two bedroom apartment, location is minutes from Mall Of The Emirates and metro station. Lots of small restaurants and convenience stores in close proximity.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Homely
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I found cockroaches in kitchen

It was a experience more like a home we enjoyed staying at city stayy inn .whenever i will go dubai my stay would be at city stay inn for sure. Near to taxi and waking distance to emirate mall

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Bad image for Dubai
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not clean, No parking space "reception told me its full", Staff was not professional and some way not welcoming & and i really advice not to try.

Terrible
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room had mould. It smelt damp. I was made to pay for the night but couldn't stay the night due to the terrible room conditions. I was also charged a cancellation fee. The location was good but this hotel is far from what Dubai embodies. I would NOT recommend this hotel at all.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The location of this hotel is excellent, lot of budget...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

As such there is nothing bad to say about this hotel apartment - it is perfect for a family to stay. The staff is cooperative, the hotel is peaceful.

The location of this hotel is excellent, lot of budget restaurants are around, next to one of the best mall in Dubai, its very accessible to every part of Dubai.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Bedroom is pretty decent and almost like on a picture
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our experience with this hotel started with a very slow gentleman at the reception desk. Check in time took at least 35 minutes (and with two tired toddlers after an 8 hours flight that felt like forever!!!) When we finally got our keys, the overall room was not that bad, but disappointment waited for us in the bathroom. Everything is sooo old (dirty and cracked tiles) and plus NO HOT WATER. Although later they showed us how to turn on the boiler, but it took ages to warm up and will be finished before you manage to finish your quick shower. In addition, all the dishes in the kitchen are also very old.

Bedroom is pretty decent and almost like on a picture

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Recommended for family Stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

• Staff are very helpful • Parking is very convenient • Apartment is very specious • A lot of convenient shop around the facility • Close to Mall of Emirates and Shaikh Zayed Road

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Almost same as advertisment.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I booked room for 4 adult, 2 children,, in the room one double bed and 2 signal bed. Which not enough for 6 person.I asked for mattress they said it will be charged. Even though children with me, we need a comfortable sleep.

Overall good,, staff was cooperative, room was clean, bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

highly recommended for families with kids
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

the place is great choice for families with kids, its clean and extra comfortable, the receptionist when I check in is so welcoming and really make me feel at home. thank you

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Value for money in a convenient location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Strong cigarette smell. I don't know if they have non-smoking rooms as it's something we forgot to check. For one night, not spending much time in the room, it was fine. However for longer stay or if spending more time in the room, I would probably not stay again unless guaranteed non-smoking rooms.

Good value for money, large apartment which is great for a family. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Hotel Supporting staff was good .
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked the hotel at the rate of 144£ and was surprised with bill of 219 £ at the time of check in . either Hotel or Booking.com manipulate the value , I will never use booking.com again . I booked the room with one day break fast but hotel management said breakfast is not booked and they can only server the breakfast in the room .

Hotel Supporting staff was good .

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Could be much better for the rates.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Rates are much too high for the room. No hot water in the showers. No views/ no privacy. AC is not adjustable.

Layout is good and furniture is decent. staff is very helpful and location is good.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

near to mall of emirates
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

the property is just walking distance to the mall of emirates. the facilities are well equipped. we were having only two nights in this property and looking forward to come again.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Good n comfortable
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The service was not so good.very slow in addressing the problems.

The apartment was cozy nthe bedrooms are big. Living room with an extra toilet is a great comfort.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Certainly would recommend this hotel
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchen could be better set up Only 3 forks/ 4 knives when we were a group of 5 Also no bowls But the staff did bring those items

Staff very helpful and close to the mall The apartment was an excellent size for our family

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

One night was fine
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed was quite hard and my pillow felt lumpy. Bathroom and toilet area a bit worn and old looking.

Easy check it, reasonably easy to find although lots of hotels with similar names in the same area. Spacious apartment. Great location - walking distance to Mall of the Emirates.It was cheap.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Nothing but location

I was facing the issue of cleanness and a lot of cockroach rambling around and I have informed them of this issue the action was very an expected just they clean the apartment and next day the cockroach come again in the end what they car off just to take the moany and not give equivalent service . Not recommended at all I'll share some picture .

Nothing but location

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

New Rooms
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Conjuested rooms and parking.. at entrance. Noisy as near constructions site. Low WIFI connection in the room at 5th Floor.

New Rooms Welcoming staff

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Near of emirates mall ,free internet
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Serves room does not clean the room as clean as i want they just through the garbage away ,the swimming pool is not clean

Near of emirates mall ,free internet

Don't stay in this property
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything is old, tv is not working, cooker has electric shock, carpet is very dirty and full of stains.

Only the location

Location. Friendly staff

Great Value for Money

No balcony

WiFi, location, and cooperative staff

Peaceful nature

Wonderful

Peaceful nature

generally to our satisfaction, except for the bathrooms that feel dated.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Courier, should be cheaper not same price as the taxi

general repair to the bathrooms

Good room space ,neat and tidy rooms with proper facilities

Good room space ,neat and tidy rooms with proper facilities

location, size
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bed hard, shower not working, toilet blocked, one key card, one Ac controller for three rooms....

location, size

Dirty furniture, kitchenware and towels

Not clean

Space

Value for money

Close to MoE

Location, sufficient room space.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Toilets were bit old, maintenance required. Beds could be better.

Location, sufficient room space.

Nice and cheap place to stay in Dubai
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No restoran and room service

Nice location and very big space

Nice appartmemt hotel closed to restaurant and mall of emirates
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Comfort in the room The rooms were enough spacious

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We like location, appartment cleanness, interor decoration, kitchen, bedroom wash rooms, T.V lounge Every thinkg is good in that appartment.

It’s just perfect
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not allowed to invite friends (guests) in apartment.

Nice location and very calm Car Parking there all the time.

Good space and facilities
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Supplies ie tea coffe and water for first day only no matter how long you stay.

Good space and facilities