Reviews of Hilton Dubai Jumeirah 5 stars

Jumeirah Beach Road, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#156 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Everything about the hotel was great. Good polite staff, the breakfast had really good options and was really tasty, the pool and bar were really great. So this made our whole duration of stay really enjoyable. Will definitely come back again!

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

We came to only and for most to enjoy the beach, unfortunately it was chaotic with the huge number of workers who were crossing the beach, we couldn't swim or relax, people were staring at you all the time. The flux of pedestrians coming from everywhere was extremely annoying. Our beach experience we came for was completely ruined.

The staff were very helpful.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

There is nothing I didn’t like about our stay.

Excellent location, staff are extremely attentive and make sure all your needs are taken care of. Pay the extra and stay in the seaside rooms, much better than the Walk location.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Refurbishment works in the 4th floor which nobody mentioned. So being on the 3rd floor meant drilling noises during the day.

Convenient location for beach, shops and restaurants.

• Family Suite with Sea View

The room was ok I was expecting a little better the view was ok , being my first time in Dubai I would have liked a view up the coast more but it was ok. The breakfast was good a little more selection would have been great. The beds were ridiculously hard this was probably my biggest issue

The pool was great the beach was awesome, he staying in the executive suite with 2 balconys on the 8th floor. Overall it was a clean hotel with a great location on the walk . Lots of resturants around that area within walking distance

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Good location hotel .... but don't expect 5 star. Hotel rather dated now compared to the other larger hotels... Its definitely no where near the usual 5 start luxury you get in Dubai ( but the price reflects that ) lots of restaurants near. Not much for the children going on. Struggle to get beds round the pool ,Food ok .. nothing to rave over , but would return if the price was very reasonable & just because of the location.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Price of food and quality was only average.

Great Location and an overall great hotel. Probably not your destination if you are a foody but there is a great italian restaurant 100 m away that is excellent. Had a great stay there. Interior and exterior facilities are very good.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Tired, drab hotel. Corridors smell musty, room smelled awful. Stained carpets, grey bed linen and worn, grey towels and robes. Worn TV remote so you couldn't tell channel from volume; TV volume was broken as was table lamp. A great splosh of nasty brown algal growth behind the toilet cistern took 3 visits from housekeeping to clean. Even the pictures on the wall were sun-faded and the phone handsets stained brown with age. Way, way past its sell-by date. When they asked how our stay had been and we told them all of the above, they shrugged, apologised and said they'd tell housekeeping of the issues. It was clearly business as usual...

Good location. Nice coffee, if expensive. Gravadlax sandwich contained no dill, which was odd.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The best part of the hotel is the location. You get access to the beach and hotel gives you beach towels and bed. Nice room and view .overall experience very good.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

The pool area is very busy and it pays to be there early, however the beach is excellent and the sea is beautiful to swim in and my preference is the beach all day long with loungers and umbrellas for the shade.

I have stayed at tis hotel a few times now and it is in a good location on Jemeriah Beach and the close by shops and resturants are all in walking distance so no need for taxi's. Plenty to choose from and you can visit any of the other hotels in the area.

• Deluxe King Room - Mobility Accessible

Just prices of food in Trader vic’s We’re very high

The location is brilliant. The staff were very helpful and coundn’t do enough for you. All the toilets inside and near the pool were kept very clean all the time.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Time was wasted when I checked in with Lydia. She wanted to upgrade me to executive suite. I asked if the total that she gave me for both nights. I think she misunderstood..but then I was given the final amount. I declined. But, the transaction moved too slowly and I was tired.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The poolside bar prices are extortionate a can of coke is 23 dirhams and you can walk to the nearby shop and buy 6 cans for 19 dirhams do not mind paying a bit extra for poolside but come on the price difference is unbeleavable but true

Rooms are clean and the beds are excellent with the room cleaning team always going that extra mile to make sure everything is meeting ot exceeding expectations

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The decoration in the lobby is not my style: too many colours and mixed patterns, old-fashioned. Trader Vic‘s one of the hotels restaurants is a great place and we enjoyed the drinks and food a lot but the staff were too desperate to get trip advisor ratings and kept repeating it as they were newly opened. Massages are even more expensive than in Switzerland, thus were unfortunately not tried out.

The location is the best in Dubai Marina/JBR Walk! The access to the beach is very near and convenient with enough sunbeds. Room on executive floor was huge and very comfortable with impeccable room service. We arrived at 7:30 am and were givem a room immediately which was great. Also with the check out time they were flexible and helpful.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

I paid extra for a room with a sea view and balcony - whilst i could see the sea - the main view was of the busy street below so the balcony was of little use. Very busy - need to get to the pool very early if you want to get a sun bed

All staff were very helpful and always friendly and courteous Excellent location.

• Deluxe Room with 2 queen beds

No negative comments from me

The breakfast buffet was excellent, lots of breakfast items to choose from and the great thing was that the buffet was opened until 11 am. The buffet was part of our accommodation package

• Executive Room With 1 King Room Sea View

The safe in my room stopped operating and I was a captive in my room for 4 hours until they finally replaced it. The price quoted was different than what I signed up for and they required a heavy duty deposit as well.

The place was OK but it was a walk to the beach and the beach was dirty.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

The only bad thing we felt were soft drinks etc were very, very expensive. 48 AED for 2 small cans of Coke was pretty expensive. The price of alcohol was also very expensive, but this was to be expected.

Loved our room overlooking the pool & the sea; the extremely comfortable bed; the sun lounging areas; the breakfasts were fabulous; the staff couldn’t do enough to help; Mamun from housekeeping was incredible all week and showed such kindness & hospitality; the huge range of restaurants available a short walk around the hotel & along Jumeirah Beach was amazing!

• Corner King Room

the bathroom of my room clearly needs to be refurbished. On the beach everybody should receive free bottles of water

the staff of the executive lounge is adorable

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

I would say if the customer request about the hotel bill or invoice in dollars instead of darham that would be better for the customer. Because some time he need to submit bill to office in dollars.

Yes. That was ok.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

The beach was so crowded that outsider people were able to swim with hilton residents which was uncomfortable and disturbing.

The hotel is exactly at the beach.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

We arrived to the hotel early morning and Amr from Reception received us by unsmiling face saying your room will never get ready before 15:00 Pm while we explained to him that we tralved from last night and we didnt sleep and daying to get a room, However the check in standard is fully respectable but he didn't show to us that he care about us, Even i asked for an IPhone charger and he said he didnt provides this service so i when to Concierge desk and i said please i need to make an urgent call and they said Amr from Reception had one and he might assist you, the guy whent to him front of me and he shakes his hands refused to assist me, the story not end .. other Receptionist came and told us he will do the best and he did whch we checked in around 9:30 am .. ! On the second day i came and found Amr as well and i requested him that im going to business meeting untill 18:00 pm so my wife will stay alone in the room so if possible to have late check out and he told me it will be untill 14:00 pm Max, i came later and the Receptionist told me there was no record for late check out .. im really despointed

Gorge from Reception was a great team member who realy make you feel that he is careing about your stay and tried the best to help us, he was opened to serve and smiling all the time, I appreciate his effort and outstanding performance

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Perfect choice. The staff is so kind, specially that work at beach bar. The breakfast is very good and also the Italian restaurant. The hotel is well situated on the Walk at Jumeirah. Definitely I recommend!

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The beach loungers were too close to each other which there was not enough personal space between another lounger

The beach was clean .There were no small rocks

• Deluxe Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

When I arrived they kept me waiting for 2 hours to clean the room Moustafa said, when I approached him again he ran away and hid in the back office. After another hour they told me sorry but the 2 queen bed room that you booked and fully paid for is not available but we will give you a queen bed and a trashy sofa bed instead. After refusing their downgrade offer they kept me waiting another hour. Dirty dusty glass windows. Worst check in experience ever. The hotel is glued together with cheap silicone, the bathroom and the furniture and I have the pictures to prove it. You pay top dollar to enjoy the beach and the swimming pool but others will just come in from the outside and take all the sun beds free of charge and enjoy the facilities while you wait for hours to get a seat. The view is an ugly construction site.

The location.

• Deluxe Room with 2 queen beds

Too many kids at the swimming pool. View through the 2 floor room window - excellent as I was able to see the sea. But the roof is ugly...

Location, staff.

• Deluxe Room with 2 queen beds

Check-in always problem. During reservation you may ask non-smoking and sea wiev room even a month ago. They are not say no. However , when you arrived hotel reception they say if we have non-smoking we can. For sea-wiev and breakfast u have forced to pay extra.

• Deluxe Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

Bad service, bad staff. They have this 6th sence that I can’t understand. And, isn’t for the customer, is for asking this from the customer. Very nice, they had more questions for me :(

Location, location, location. As they say: see and be seen

• Executive Room with 1 King Bed

We loved the location of this hotel. Felt it offered a beach break while being very close to amenities on The Walk. A very friendly hotel, nothing too much trouble for the staff. Plenty of quiet areas while still having a lively atmosphere at Trader Vics or McGettigans Irish Bar. We felt well looked after at this hotel, a special shout out to Sylvia at Waves and Zen at Trader Vics. Fabulous Holiday.

Nothing,just perfct

The staff are very helpful from start to end.. take out my bagage from the car, vallet ser... specially I forgot the name Kenyan women in front desk she is too professional for guest service..

• Deluxe Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

Shower screen - water kept pouring in the floor when we showered

All staff were friendly and polite. Although no early check in available, staff did what they could to accommodate us.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The service during breakfast was slow and the table weren't cleaned after people left. The private area at the beach is definitely overcrowded.

The variety of food for breakfast, the outdoor area close to the beach (before the sand).

• Executive Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

Checking in could have been better. We had booked an Executive room which I then expected to be on the 7th, 8th or 9th floor, however we were initially offered a room on the 3rd floor & told by receptionist that there were no rooms available on the higher floors but that she would try & move us the next day. I then asked to speak to Manager & he got us room on 7th floor saying that receptionist hadn't realised it was available. At 2am in the morning she really just want to get settled in your room@

The staff in the Executive Suite Lounge were so nice & helpful.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The price, but we came in half term so that was a mistake of our own. Prices are usually higher during kids holidays

Adel was extremely helpful and all the staff were very friendly, attentive and professional.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Great location, lots of good restaurants close by. Hotel is somewhat dated in places but overall its a typical Hilton, lots of facilities and the staff are very friendly. I'll be back for sure.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The beach was too crowded, because it is used by the guests od the Hilton the Walk which is situated right across the street. You have to get up early and secure your spot under the umbrellas if you dont want to get sunburnt.

Great breakfasts. Very polite staff. Great fitness with weights and machines. Not just the regular cardio zone. Very good spot on the new Jumeirah promenade.

• Deluxe Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

I have been disappointed only for the package of Half board offered by the hotel because was not clear enough.

Perfect position ! Great staff and cleaning .

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Bathrooms very old style , Spa staff very unprofessional i had enough deposit on my room account but she refused to charge it on my room ,she didnt care ! Guests in house should be treated properly.

location , view , the room, bars , the beach

• Executive Room with 2 Queen Beds

Loud music in the pool area the pool is too small for the property and the amount of children a bouncy castle was installed on the weekend on the outside : definitely not a 5 star experience

location and staff at the executive lounge are great

• Executive Room With 1 King Room Sea View

Pillows not very supportive. At equivalent of £450 a night the room was very expensive. Room was not ready when we arrived at 2am in (following) morning.

Executive lounge facilities and service. The friendliness of the staff, great location and very good facilities.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

The bathroom, combination bath and shower and the bathroom was small.

The service in the excecutive room by Olga was super. She gave me good and clear answers. Very nice and helpfull lady. She realy takes care of the customers.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

So it's a Hilton and you should expect a Hilton which means there's absolutely nothing special about this property - particularly given all of the other properties at the beach like the Sofitel and Ritz Carlton. The rooms need a major overhaul - including the bathrooms. The amenities are from 1983. It all feels very dated and beaten up. I cannot imagine staying here again.

The front desk staff were very helpful. That's it.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The taxi driver was confused between Hilton the Walk and Hilton Residence and Spa. When the driver rang the hotel they refused to send him directions by whats up. Apparently, the hotels are right next to each other but it took us at least 3 phone calls to the hotel to get this information! We found the area very overcrowded and overbuild. In the morning you have to come before 8am to get a shaded sunbed. Free wifi was very bad! No pizza or soup suitable for a child were available for room service. Otherwise we were happy with our stay and the hotel did come up to our expectations.

The beds were very comfortable,selection of food for breakfast was good, staff was very nice.The swimming pool was shallow enough for a 5 year old, the beach was good though the smell of patrol from jetskies, boats and plane was very strong at times.

• Executive Room with 2 Queen Beds

Afternoon tea choice was poor. Small room for the price we paid. Service was slow at the Wave Breaker bar on more than one occasion.

Great location, friendly staff. All the restaurants were fantastic.

• Executive Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

The arrival was a nightmare! We got there at +\_ 3am having asked 2times per mail we wished an extra mattress for our dubbel queen bed rooms as we were staying with 2 kids and I am pregnant hence not sleeping well => they took a looooong time to check in and showed us a king size bed in a room for 2 persons! We had to wait for an extra 20-30’ for them to prepare the room.. at 4am that was not what is called a nice welcoming! Other thing: crowd at the beach: crazy busy but probably explained by great place

Breakfast, good beds and double windows so you do not hear the prayers during the night, Easter event organized for the kids

• King Executive Suite

every thing was perfect, all employee and staff behavior are excellent we have been there for 10 days and this is the 4th times which we go to this hotel and we look forwards to back again to just this hotel not any others hotel in Dubai .

• Executive Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

All was fine except A/C was not working properly, we had bad nights sleep because every 2 hours we wake up to adjust temp because it was not stable, i.e we set it 24.5° and all ok but later either it got too cold or too hot,,, our 7 nights sleep was real nightmare. Our room was 916

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

JBR is equivalent to Oxford street and the prices reflected that. The decor in this Hilton is quite dated and dose not have an effective way of tracking the mini bar so items can be changed to your room even if you have not consumed them.

Hotel is in an ideal location for easy access to beach and wide rage of restaurants

Very small and crowded hotel, queue everywhere, very small pool, very limited places, poor breakfast, small rooms no noise isolation!

The location and staff

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

Nothing negative - tried hard to think of something, but nothing came to my mind.

The staff were attentive and always on hand if any assistance was required. They were all very pleasant and made you feel like you were a wanted guest. Service with a genuine smile :-)

• Executive Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

pool wasn't much good for small kids. breakfast resturant staff were very moody .

liked the little park on the beach for the kids, in the club rooms u got complementary alcoholic drinks and nibbles between 6-8 overnight in the designated room. excellent location next to jbw with lots of restaurants,cinema and shops

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

we booked a room with two twin beds, but we were placed in the room with one king bed and the staff did not come back to us with relocation to the room we booked. However the room was comfortable and we enjoyed the stay

It was very well located. Next to the beach as well as next to the walking and shopping area.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

I didn't like the fact that it was too crowded. The room was very expensive so my expectations were high. I expected to have a better breakfast for example. When we were going to the beach, there was no place to stay, very crowded and the same for the pool. I had been in 4 star hotels in Dubai and I have had better service. I didn't like it and I would never go back.

I liked the location as it is in JBR.

• Executive Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

The way bill was calculated. So confusing. I think we paid extra vat and no one addressed our queries. When I booked with booking.com I was informed that 5% Vat was included in the price of the room. This was not the case and I was charged extra. Non of the staff explained on check out. I think this 5% vat was used as an excuse to overcharge. I’m not happy and have a feeling of being robed. I might not make booking with booking.com in future and would make some comments to that end on trip advisor

Room service especially Mosharaf

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

We were so unsatissfied with the check in registration and welcoming to the hotel, not only they have not mentioned on the written emails that the deposid for the stay is such huge but also before their manager arrived they were not polite and welcoming, kept us more that one hour at the reception after airport with the infant. The crazy must is that they get usd from us as a deposid and on the last day of arrival give us AED at a checkout when we do not have time even to convert it.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

For a Hilton hotel is not that good. The staff wasn’t as happy and attentive as they should be. We had a late return flight and they weren’t very helpful. They wanted to charged us a lot for a late checkout or half day stay. We booked another hotel (full rate) and it was so much better compared to Hilton half day rate. At least they should have a waiting room or be more helpful in this situations.

Very good location, breakfast has many good options

• Executive Room With 1 King Room Sea View

The fact that it is shared with the Hilton Walk and they can use all the facilities Let’s just say different type of person stays there Also the place was over run with children & young babies One day our room wasn’t cleaned either Don’t go there, there are a lot more better hotels to stay in

Friendly staff

• Deluxe Room with 2 queen beds

Beach and poolside was a very poor and disappointing experience as this was a leisure and relaxation holiday. Overcrowded beach . Sunloungers crammed really close together with no room to move. Sun loungers hogged early in the morning with towels but no one visible using the loungers. A better and fair system needs to be in place. Room was satisfactory.

Good location. Friendly and kind staff. Breakfast satisfactory.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Wish we could have had a longer stay!

Staff throughout this Hotel were exceptionally friendly, helpful and attentive. Room was spotlessly clean as were all areas of the hotel. Delicious breakfasts with so much choice to cater for all nationalities.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

Had to wair for room on arrival... which I knew might happen but it was tiring to arrive and wait around unable to change clothes ect..

Good breakfast Lovely room good view Very clean good service And ideal location They lady who cleaned the room was Lovely And Andrew on the front desk was friendly, helpful and professional

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Online booking .I paid for breakfast online and when I reached the hotel they said I did not pay for breakfast and I had to pay again.

Staff was friendly

• Deluxe Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

I was not impressed by the old dirty furniture, and the bad quality bathroom. Also, the beach area and swimming pool were overcrowded, not big enough for the residents of the hotel so we couldn’t enjoy the beach. During night time it was very noisy.

I liked the location and the view.

The front desk staff whom we met at check-in was not up to the expectations from a chain like Hilton. We were there at hotel at 3 PM and got our suite after 5 PM. We wanted some changes for our comfort but no help was given. Don't think will go again to the property because of small gestures and behavior which we did not find very friendly.

The location and facilities are perfect.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

Sun loungers were crowded together on the beach and we didn't like the constant beat of the music booming out from the beach bar - not relaxing! The hotel decor is a little worn now - the rooms could do with a facelift, particularly in the bathroom.

Great location. Very comfortable beds. A very good choice of food at breakfast. Friendly staff.

• King Executive Suite

1.The suite I had booked was occupied. 2.Te guy at the reception desk tried to give me an other room pretending that that is what I have booked. 3.I have spent one night in other room waiting for my suite to be cleared. (They offered me an voucher for dinner) I was traveling with my wife and two children (one infant) I unpacked and packed twice because the hotel was not ready to receive the costumer. 4.They have paint some rooms at the lower floors and the smell come into cooling system...., the windows couldn't be open and it was impossible to sleep and breathe. I will never forget this experience!

• Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed and Sea View

Prices are not including all hidden taxes and are making price/quality not balanced nor overseeable. This is a BIG minus for hotels in Dubai and not fair compared to worlwide standards.

Staff and valet extremely helpful and friendly during the entire stay.

• King Gulf Suite With Sea View

We've stayed in this hotel a couple of times - 5 and 6 years ago respectively. It's really gone downhill. It used to be a quiet, unassuming place with great outside space and a lovely relaxed feel. Now it's got a 'pile 'em high' approach - we were so crammed in. The pool was packed, the gardens were packed (and they've replaced the real grass with fake grass which was weird), they cram so many sun loungers on the beach it's actually comical - way more than they show on their website images. We were in a King Gulf Suite (we were 2 adults and 3 children). Despite my requests, the room was not set up when we arrived with beds for any of the children. It was also shabby and dated. The whole feel of the place was that it was far too busy to be able to cope and it also badly needs a refurb.

The location of this property is good - right on Jumeirah beach.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Beach is too small - people lie on top of each other. Photos from the beach are Misleading. Check-in was very bad - after Breakfast they said, then they needed 40 minutes more and then 20 minutes more.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

The pass the buck attitude of the personal in reservation and accounts department. They move like headless chickens

The staff had no clue how sort things out. They behaved like a robot without brain

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Room decor needed to be upgraded. Stains on carpet. Bathroom was not up to 5 star quality. Lighting in room & bathroom was very poor.

Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast very good. Staff very friendly & welcoming.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

I recall that on a previous visit the balance of my 'bill' was converted by the hotel from UAE Dirhams to pounds sterling and,consequently,the credit card statement did not attract a 'foreign currency' fee of 3%. That facility did not seem to apply....other worldly wise travellers may wish to check this out.

The extensive civil engineering work around the vicinity of the hotel has-at least temporarily-ceased and the area has a pleasant,relaxed feel to it. Beachside eating in the fresh air very good.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Perhaps first floor and rooms doesn't look super modern, since hotel been built long time ago, but I love this Hilon classic, so for me it wasn't even minus

I think this hotel has the best location at Marina. It has own place at the beach and in the center of the night life as well. Despite my expectaions nightlife does not disturb you if you need privacy or quiet time. No sounds from outside in the room at my 4th floor. Personal is very friendly, room cleaning was right at that moments when I didnt work and was out. Front desk speaks all languages and very helpful. Despite my checkout at 12 they said - please use cards for towels at the beach, since you have late flight and I had my sun 4 hours more. Thanks!

• Deluxe Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sea View

The room furniture and spatial planning was poor. The washroom was clean but not functional with a baby. The room felt cluttered without any lggage.

Great paid buffet breakfast.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

Nothing. Everything was excellent about the hotel and the staff.

Extremely courteous staff. Excellent hotel. All amenities within walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Deluxe Room with 1 King bed

I have been to Dubai and stayed at the Atlantis before and to me this was in a much better location, right on the beach front and in walking distance to the shops and bars of “the walk”

Browse Hilton Dubai Jumeirah traveller photo gallery