Reviews of Holiday Inn Down Town 4 stars

Al Rigga Road next to Rigga Metro Station, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#300 of 384 hotels in Dubai

Staff need more training on how to listen to the voice of their customers.
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

No TV channels The bath tub was broken The A.C. was not functioning Having to deal with the maintenance people when u are staying with family for a night is simply too much. The breakfast area was hot and the quality of the food was disappointing

Roof top shisha lounge

A property with great staff and average facilities.
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

The facilities in the hotel were not up to the expectations. It wasn't a place to stay with family, couldn't find any thing that pleases the kids. There wasn't any channel in the hotel rooms showing world cup matches live and that was a great disappointment.. I am sorry for the harsh comments.

The staff was quite helping and courteous. The property is right in the middle n all the restaurants, metro station and super markets are on waking distance. The Check-In and Check-Out was excellent.

Staff were accommodating and has an excellent service

Considering the fact that your hotel carrying the name of 'Holiday Inn', I do hope that your room(s) need an overhaul. The room I stayed has a wet carpeted floor, unpleasant odor on room and in bathroom, lastly it has a n old rustic furniture.

Staff were accommodating and has an excellent service

3.5
    Very Disappointed

VERY disappointed. I cannot take bath for 2 days because there was no cold water and i cant bear very hot water to take bath. Beside many reminders, they were unable to fix.. All things were broken and not working. Instead, they send me a Bucket and Mug to take a bath which was also impossible...

NOTHING!

overall wonderfull

why on the earth would you put two single single mattress on a double bed??? secondly room service was a little slow.. if we to get any thing from kitchen it would take more than 2 hours to come to the room...like crockery stuff

Reception Desk service wasn't so receptive...

The carpeting is old and with stains. There's a weird stink on the 3rd floor. They do not reserve as per your preference i.e. non-smoking rooms. We were a group that took 4 rooms and we were split into diff. floors. When I was extending for a night. I came to the reception 2x to book and was told nothing was available. I was asking the reception in the morning and was asked to come back in the night (so I did) and I was told that it's fully booked and they will tell me if there are cancellations. I asked, when do i know (this was late night), the reception said, I am telling you now. So why offer me the option to wait and they will tell me if there were cancellations if the timetable was "now" I went online, checked via booking.com and voila, they weren't fully booked. I booked 4 rooms for a night and I asked them how was I able to book if they were fully booked. They said they will check why and will call me, but they never did. It was a hassle because we nearly packed our things to check out and move to another hotel for a night.

The service crew i.e. housekeeping, room service and bellhop are awesome and the sheets are fine

Two things I liked specifically:

There's a reception staff who was very sarcastic. I called room service (using the room service button on the phone) to ask for ice and knife for my food. I didn't know that the called got transferred to reception and that I was speaking to the reception clerk. Upon asking for the items, she asked me, "should you be getting the ice from the front desk - you should be calling room service" - so I explained that I called room service but she's the one who answered. And she kept saying no problem, no problem while laughing like it's funny. Or like she forgives me for the mistake. My mom had the same experience with possibly the same person because she described her conversation with her, it is 90% similar.

Two things I liked specifically: 1. The service crew i.e. bellhop, room service, and housekeeping are awesome 2. Sheets - nice

Accesible to metro and restaurants.

We booked here because the rooms were said to be soundproof but we were complained multiple times at night. I can also hear children crying early in the morning. You have to follow up on your requests. The receptionist was not pleasant enough to welcome us because we were the same nationality. The bathroom looks really good on the photos but don’t let that deceive you.

Accesible to metro and restaurants. Rooms looks quite alright too

Good staff communication
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

Some machines are not working, room refrigerator, TV and refregirator of my friend room, very narrow parking, not clean well i saw some insects.

Good staff communication

Mixed views
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

Old, run down, moldy bathroom, filthy carpet, had to have linen changed because it smelled. Staff have no respect for the DO NOT DISTURB sign.

Good size rooms with plenty of amenities. Good location. Central to food and shopping and near airport.

From check in to check out we faced lot of problems. check-in staff was not at all cooperative. my check in time was 45 mts. At the time of making booking I requested for two adjacent room so that we are close to our kids. first we were told no two rooms on same floor but on long request we were offered two rooms on same floor but way apart. one room on one corner of floor and other on another. we again requested for nearby room and after intervention of another staff we got adjacent rooms. why this room was not offered at first attempt. my problem did not end here in the night when we came to our room after dinner my room AC was making lot of noise. we Informed reception and engineering guy adjusted the duct removing toilet sealing. noise reduced and this technician left telling us you change your room tomorrow. again after half an hour same noise started....another technician came with ladder this time and again adjusted the duct, not it was mid night 12 and we were still not sure if this noise will stop so the we can sleep. I spoke to reception and asked how you are going to compensate this inconvenience caused to me and my family....reply was sorry. towels kept in toilets were torn and of very poor quality may be rewashed more then the specified limits. at the time of check out I requested for some compensation but they did not help. look I booked this property because of Holiday in name but I believe it is out sourced to some other group and they are just using the Holiday in name so better I will write to Holiday in group also because such properties will spoil their name. there are lot of other thins to share ...... I will appreciate if Booking .com take up this case with the Hotel management I get some compensation for this inconvenience, thanks. rgds Brajesh Sirohi, +971 506508791

They are located ideally but they should work om customer services

Wash basin was choked frm 1 day and flush was not working complaint was made within 10 minuets of check in but he said we are completely booked and we will change your room tomorrow but that didn’t happen. Secondly I booked room from 10 to 15 may but due to medical emergency we left on 13 night and because i paid full in advance they didn’t refund my balance amount and said that this is not out policy.

Location was great

Pathetic hotel
    • 1 King Bed-Smoking

Pathetic service and food quality. Most of the things in the room like the telephone, shower,etc were not working well and were not fixed even after repeated requests.

I like most probably the room ,the bed is comfy and clean ...
    • 1 King Bed-Smoking

Sometimes the service is not so good .

I like most probably the room ,the bed is comfy and clean ,so it’s relaxing and especially their is tub which we can relax.

well, overall everything went very good, just make lil unhappy bcoz of the bathroom towels.

was hearing construction noises from outside couldn't sleep very well because of that. and the towels especially bath towels was super dirty and faded even, bathtub was not properly cleaned.

what I like mostly is highly professional staffs especially (princes (not very sure) from reception, she has done a wonderful job. bed was super comfortable!

Not as expected of an IHG brand .
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

The aspect that put us off most was the rooms . This property is very old and has not been refurbished since a very long time, this can be felt in its walls and smell it in its carpets. The sink had all black mould around it and there were black spots on the shower head . the bath tub was broken and had a leak.

The staff were very friendly at this hotel and served us very well

Impossible I book in this hotel another time
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

The Coffy shop in Roof the price to much Expensive ..

The staff in hotel ( security or reception) shold be ready (respond) if we have any Emergency case..

the service is good,and the bed is confortable

The third floor is too noisy because the bar downside , if you are going to Dubai for business , do not live in low floor .

the service is good,and the bed is confortable

not happy with my stay
    • 2 Single Beds-Smoking

Noise/ sound isolation in the room is very very very poor/bad...you can hear all what is going on in the room next door!!!!!, outside your room!!!, people chatting outside!!! Flushing water sound toilet from the room above your room.... very bad

two nights disabounted

first floor and last floor has a night club so the music voices is every where and if someone look for a quit place than he have to think about somewhere else. I changed 4 rooms until I found a clean room. bathrooms are dirty! in the end I don't recomend

hotel location was good but there are a better choice. the employees in the hotel was very helpful.

The bathroom needs an overhaul. The bath tub was stained and it was generally not very clean.
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

The location is great because the metro is less than 5mins walk away. There are plenty of taxis available and there are also plenty of restaurants in the next road.

I got better option in half the price
    • 2 Single Beds-Smoking

The staff at reception needs training . They took too long for check inn . The price is high compare to other options in the same area I got the double size room with balcony in other hotel on the same street with half the price. The reception did not offer me membership to Holidayinn express program. The fridge was not working . Tv channels could be improved.

I like the internet and clear visitor policy . The staff were trying their best to help you and keep the environment pleasant.

Horrible

The room that i was initially alloted 406 leaked from the bathroom ceiling at 5 AM. I had to move to a different room 516. I forgot my belt in 406, when i told the front desk about it, they gave me a belt in a packet 2 days after complaining. I go to my room and ppen the packet it was a very different belt from what i own and it was in tatters. Mine was a newer and more expensive belt. At that point i did not even complain, i was tired of the damn hotel and its dumb staff.

Did not like anything

Princes at the Reception pleasantly offered to check us in...

Princes at the Reception pleasantly offered to check us in at the property's newly renovated room, and even accompanied us to the room herself, later a platter of fruits warmly welcomed our stay at the property. Herman of Reservation politely assisted me when I called regarding some issues with my booking.

The swimming pool, sauna and steam all opens by 9 AM and...

The swimming pool, sauna and steam all opens by 9 AM and closes by 6 so on a normal business trip we cannot enjoy the facilities, room service also starts after 9AM ,

The staff were helpful after giving the wrong room, which...

The facilities in the hotel are really poor, hallway too dark, carpet old and its smells, bathroom tiles dated, ordered burger one night, so bad couldn't eat it. The worst hotel I have stayed in

The staff were helpful after giving the wrong room, which they changed, and extended my check out time. Nice staff but let down by the hotel facilities.

A good place to stay in given rent.

night clubs so you can hear the noise late night. Rooftop pool was clean but water was cold. Washrooms were clean but water was not as hot. I booked a room with double bed, but upon arrival 2 separate bed room was given, which disturbed my first night sleep

A good place to stay in given rent. Rooms were renovated which have clean look but the facility is old. Staff was very co operative. I booked a room with double bed, but upon arrival 2 separate bed room was given, which disturbed my first night sleep, later upon complaint staff shifted to a new room. The facility has night clubs so you can hear the noise late night, doesn't matter if you are tired and go to sleep. Location is excellent with market and stores of all kinds. Al Rigga Metro station is just a minute walk from hotel, very convenient. Rooftop pool was clean but water was cold, not a problem. Didn't get a chance to try sauna. Washrooms were clean but water was not as hot, as required in January weather. Room service was good. Room 503.

DO NOT STAY HERE
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

Argumentative and non courteous staff. Ineffficient and a 30 minutes long check-in process. Booked a month in advance for non-smoking king bed and got a *smoking twin bed* room. The girl Mary unapologetically said its not a guarantee to have the room I booked. Onky 1 of the 2 lifts work. One is constantly malfunctional Unclean and stained carpets Stained bed spreads Safety locker doesnt work The wardrobe doors are jammed with no handles The shelves of the wardrobe keep collapsing Staff doesnt seem to understand they are in Hospitality business. I doubt if they even know what that means Do not even attempt their buffet breakfast. No cutlery in restaurant. I had to keep pleading to the staff. Bad spread and no great choices. Better to try the Good restaurants in the neighborhood. If you care for the money you spend, DO NOT STAY HERE

Nothing other than the location

Room is dusty and the toilet is not clean.

no customer service

Room is dusty and the toilet is not clean. They just spray a fabric conditioner only to become clean. Staff in the reception is sarcastic.

What a disappointment

The room was very dark - the few lamps didn't make a good effort to brighten up the room, it had no free sockets so we had to unplug some lamps to charge our phones and then the room went almost black. At the beginning of our arrival internet wasn't working and we were told like idiots to type in the password again. The room had someone's used bathroom hanging on the doors with signs of makeup on it. But we didn't get new bathrobes ourselves. The room stunk of dried up mold. Wont book this hotel again.

Value for money but skip breakfast and go out for it.

This is an older hotel so some of the stuff is ready for refurb, the bathtub was a bit ropey. If you're looking for great value and convenient place as base for going out, or a hotel with bar and a bit of lower scale nightlife, this is it. I reckon Indian weekender menfolk would love this place.

Staff here are very professional and helpful, the hotel is in a great downtown convenient location. Travel desk is very helpful in making arrangements and offering trips and activities.

Look for other hotel even exoensive is much better
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

reception specially Egyptian lady she ask me to say good things about the hotel in the booking evaluation in order to extend my staying in the hotel for 1 hour (while am genius!!)

I don't know

Everything is fair except the price.

Everything is fair except the price.. We have got much butter hotel with good location and services and parking with the same price.. And they don't have enough staff for serving the rooms.

Average comparing with holiday inn standards
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

Poor reception with bad smell, night shift Staff are not welcoming, many Indian customers so they are not dealing as proffetional as they should . I arrived at 2:00pm but my my room was not ready

THE WORST EVER

we had requested a non-smoking room and we were given a premier ''king smoking'' room. The washroom was dirty, toilet seat was littered with hair and on the top of this, the flush system was not working. We are utterly disappointed and would never consider or recommend to others staying in this pathetic place. Also booking.com just makes money and do not protect the customers. Please everybody be cautious with the last minute bookings on booking.com as the rooms allocated would likely be just crap and you would end up losing money and still would feel cheated and uncomfortable.

Just the location.

OK OK stay until it renovate completely

The smell in room, due to the use of pest control ... unbearable But I understand the property is so old and getting a renovation shortly. wash room facilities as well so old

As normal as a holiday inn property things were ok since I heard the renovation is going on, it is going to be better Staff: 100% caring from Medona in the front office to Rubesh and Prakash the bell boy and Mahesh, Ibrahim at room service and bar, great assistance.... this is the way the hospitality is. Good experience.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to any one , waste off money if you want to comfort stay. Stay away

On site club , you couldn’t sleep till 3am . Hotel carpet never been changed very dirty, bath tub was broken , booked a single double bed when arrived they gave us two single beds and next day ask for change the room .

Staff was good .

Great staff and location ...needs major renovations
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

*Got to Dubai at 6am and unfortunately the check-in is at 3pm! No early check-in or late check-out unless you pay for it?! Check out was at 12pm and my flight was at 2am. *Upon check-in, our bathroom floor flooded and this wasn't fixed until the next evening despite many calls. This was a potential slip-hazard but maintenance took their time *Bathrooms are outdated and in desperate need of upgrades *Carpets in room are stained, musty and dusty...so much so that I had allergy symptoms by nighttime and I've been back home now for 2 days and miserable. I typically don't book rooms with carpets so this is my fault for failing to see the carpet in the pictures. I also don't get why hotels still have smoking rooms. Smoke wafts everywhere so me requesting a non-smoking room is moot because next door is a smoking room. I would suggest they invest in hypoallergenic rooms in the future *Cleaning is hit or miss, we opened the cupboard and found an empty box of JW Black, which means a thorough cleaning wasn't done between us and the previous guests. *Breakfast is just ok, nothing to write home about. I went to the grocery store across the hotel to buy Soy milk so I could have the Muesli they provided.

*Location cannot be beat! We took the train from the airport for 3AED each (Terminal 1, take MRed toward UAE Exchange, only 20 mins). Nearest train stop is Al Rigga metro, plenty of taxis and close to Al Guhrair Centre mall. Plenty of places to eat and shop. If you are looking for a local and inexpensive place to eat try the Sandwich Club close to the metro. There's also a big juice world a few doors down. *Staff was great at this hotel and always smiling and ready to assist. Special mention to Manager Hassan, Bellboy Rada, Front office Mary & Eric at breakfast. *Rooms are quite spacious - we were in a Standard Twin and it is the biggest room I've recently been in!

Does not deserve a 4 star
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

The furniture and facilities are old, not properly maintained and just doesn't reflect the hotel's name. Carpets are old, seems it was never replaced in ages. Tub is old you can see cracks and stains. Walls are cracked. Curtains seemed not to be washed for months. :(

The staff are friendly. We esp. like the guy who knocks everyday to check if everything is okay or we need anything.

Basic, pretty good value, don't expect frills or great food.

Food choices were limited and breakfast was disappointing. Loads of package tour westerners. Lots of slightly dodgy coming and going - the hotel has bar and nightlife, it's not really a great family place. Probably fun if you're a single male looking for Dubai adventure.

Good location, friendly staff, decent rooms. Food was very limited and breakfast was a sad affair. Juice world around the corner saved me, The rooftop pool was nice and the attendant helpful, like most of the staff. Travel desk Joey is amazing,

It’s was fantastic place and would love to be there again
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

Their costumer service was the best and I loved how the staff com around every morning to ask if there is any problem to be fixed . On Ma Birthday too I was surprised with a Birthday cake

Very bad
    • 1 King Bed-Smoking

Location is very bad,room is not good,TV is not clear,bed is not clean so i couldnt stay more than 2 hours

I didnt like the room or the location..even the bed wasn't clean

the place is good for its downtown site accessility to metro and dinning area the hotel is just old
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

room carpet needs replacement bathroom walls needs good painting shower curtain needs to be replaced as it smells moldy

no problem with bed sheets are clean

location is perfect

the hotel is kinda old and you can see that in the furniture and the many scratches in the wood...There is no good tv channel selection in case you decided to stay in the room

location is perfect

The hotel is good, I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights,...

The hotel is good, I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, check in was quick all done within 5 mins, my room was clean and the reception workers are very nice especially Ms.Renelyn she is very kind and also the staff were very helpful,

Awesome staff, excellent service,
    • 1 King Bed-Smoking

The smell in the room on my first day understand that the property is on going maintenance but the smell of the paint and chemicals are going to the rooms. But we are ok.

Very friendly staff coudnt ask for more. Excellent service hk team and Ms. Renelyn from the reception, well done! Good job!

Not too fancy

The croissants were not flakey at all. Very limited choice for breakfast. Hot water was an issue.......first day no hot water, apparently the boiler broke. But even later, the the water was not as hot as should have been. No iron in my room, whereas the room my friend stayed in had an iron in the wardrobe. No room slippers. No drinking water upon arrival

Room was clean, bed was comfy

Pleasent stay overall...

There was a noise like maintenance works at around 10:00pm. They are currently renovating the hotel. However, having people working till late is not a good idea.

The staff is really nice and helpful. Swimming pool is good. Gym is small but it is ok.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Not suitable hotel to stay

Arrogant staff, not serving in time, total disturbance because of Pub just below the room and huge reconstruction of the building, it was total disturbing environment.

I will never stay at the hotel again.

Rooms are not clean, i found fruits waste on the carpet! The hotel look very old and not maintained, the carpet in floors next to the elevators are very old and look bad. Parking is so bad so small and have a lot construction tools and equipments.

Staff are friendly Location of the hotel is so good

Location was ok

Staff didn't talk properly about their policy and instructions while checking in Cleanliness was awful Facilities in the room not provided

Location was ok

Unhappy

bathroom was old, bed was squeaky, TV channels unorganized, I did not get what I requested for (quiet and smoking room). Hotel was under renovation and very noisy!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Not Like Most Holiday Inn :(

Rooms had a funky smell, hotel was looking more like a 2-3 star hotel, located in like a backstreet road and very loud with traffic pedestrians. Bar was ok but beer was skunk.

Staff was great top notch, Breakfast was good selection but restaurant was kind of bland,

Choose somewhere else to stay,,,
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

1)For all the bookings we made, here and in Doha, Breakfast is already included, thats why it was surprising that breakfast is not part of the amount paid. 2) For the amount indicated during the booking, Holiday Inn should have already included the taxes, since the amount of the hotel is already given. 3) No exhaust fan in the toilet 4) Service water only given on the 1st day, Succeeding days nothing 5) Basic Personal kits such as tooth brush / toothpaste not there, even house slippers nothing, 6) The room was not cleaned very well, 7) Only disposable spoon was provided on the first day, succeeding days, nothing was provided and last 8) for a 4 Star Hotel, which the receptionist claimed Holiday Inn is, its not true. we did not get our money's worth.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

totally was good and we are satisfy it and their service specially kind and good staff
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

facility was not as much as it should be, and we expect they should serve tea, coffee, juices free in lobby always not in only arrival time

it was great , beds comfortable, breakfast great , staff are much great

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Below average and high cost

Cleanliness, bathroom was filthy, swimming pool was freezing so unusable, onsite club caused disturbance late into night and so it goes on....

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

it is not a hotel for human beings
    • 1 King Bed-Smoking

The room smelled horrible, the window could not open, the telephone was out of order and there was no hot water in the bath room. I asked them to repair the telephone and arrange the hot water but they did nothing. Even though I paid for 2 evenings when I check in, I stayed only 1 evening and I checked out the day after.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Overall it was wonderful staying with Holiday Inn
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

.....................................................................................................................................................

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Not near Holiday Inn (IHG) brand standard
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

The stains on the carpet floor. The broken bathtub that oozed thick black liquid when stood on (shower over bath). The damp stains and peeling paint on the bedroom wall. The condition of the bathroom mirror (mould and silver missing). The cracked tiles in the bathroom. The mould in the corners of the bathroom floor. The staff ignoring the do not disturb sign and knocking on the door to ask if this was my room????? The staff ignoring the do not disturb and ringing to see if we needed anything, we would have called if we did (and indeed we did order room service). The staff not following up on our request to move rooms. Staff making no apology in the morning for the state of the room. This was in no way up to the standard I would expect from a Holiday Inn.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Not worth

Reception Staff very bad, they treat customers as piece of dirt. Not worth the price they charge. Bathrooms are horrible. There are excellent properties in that area for lesser price and very friendly staff. We just stayed for one night and shifted to another property. I will definetly not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Only the location is good

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Overall environment was good.

Overall environment was good. Hotel staff was friendly especially room service guy Singham was marvelous. He was such a nice person and did go extra mile for hospitality. Moreover the guy Mr. Pankaj from Ryna tourism was great. Whatever he committed about the packages of city tours burj khalifa tour desert safari was as described, not a thing less. Overall great place to stay at with family.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Not a 4 star Hotel.
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

Construction and too loud noise. The rating says 4 stars but more line a 2 star hotel. No working facilities. Restaurant was like a cafeteria. Food needs a lot of improvement. Waiting time for food took more than an hour.

The location was excellent.

Dissappointing

The gym was shut and the pool out of operation the first day as chemicals just added. The next day the pool did not look inviting. The air around the pool was very hot as a tent was up and the water was shallow looking. We booked this hotel for these facilities that did not exist and when the pool was available the environment was not inviting.

The bed was comfortable.

Towels are not clean

Towels are not clean

the friendly staff.
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

the friendly staff... although this was a vacant season, i hope hoiiday inn keeps up with this during the busy months

Excellent service for the staff from coming day until...
    • 1 King Bed-Smoking

Excellent service for the staff from coming day until leaving.

Property is located at a walkable distance to Al Rigga Metro...

Property is located at a walkable distance to Al Rigga Metro station making commute easy.. Stay was good..

Overall good experience to stay with.

Shesha Center

good staff

The room that we got was new and spacious, they also gave us...

The room that we got was new and spacious, they also gave us complimentary fruits.

EXCELLENT

NOTHING

EXCELLENT SPECIALLY MS. MADONA FROM RECEPTION

Since it’s Holiday Inn do not expect more, just the basic...
    • 2 Single Beds-Non Smoking

Since it’s Holiday Inn do not expect more, just the basic facilities you would find in other hotels..

Good valve for money and great location

Good valve for money and great location

Not Satisfied,
    • 1 King Bed-Non Smoking

Near to the Station that's it.

Accomodating staff

Accomodating staff

Nice staff and easy to get taxi to travel, Room service also good. Best place for family.

Browse Holiday Inn Down Town traveller photo gallery