Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Dubai, Jumeirah 2 stars

Al Mina Road, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#198 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

An Ala cart Menu for breakfast was disappointed in Buffet, Rooms are small great for a Short Stay

Bed was comfortable, close to the Beach.. few restaurants within walking distance better ones a 10 min wak

A better service to airport eg AED 40.00 charge would more than cover fuel costs as using taxi being over charged.

Nice Quiet place to stay good value for money breakfast included on some rooms for free. WiFi free on standard or option to buy for better service. Overall well worth the money spent.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The cleaning service in the room is poor. The bed linen was dirty and the amenities in the bathroom were limited. Most of the reception personnel is cold and unfriendly. Though insignificant, I lost my original phone cable and charger in my room which forces me to buy a temporary one. The wifi in the room is just impossible for international calls.

Breakfast is good value for money and everyday they make something new. There is an excursions counter at the hotel and the lady is very helpful. The waiters are fortunately very smiling.

NOTHING

Change your security guys... though he knows i am having land cruiser big car he asked me to put in narrow parking... however you got outside wide parking which he never recommended. We understand Ramadan timings but when arrived i have to wait long and no one there to help to attend me. Very bad break fast, very cramped pace in the room, no good channels to watch sports, 10 times called ppl to explain correct location as my GPS stuck i have to wait until it get normal. I stayed my H-inn hotels but this is worst ever

No major complains

For an express hotel, it delivers what it is required to. No special but cheap. Ok for a stop-over of 2/3 days Next to La Mer beach, about 15 minutes by cab to Dubai mall, fountains and Burj Khalifa.

No major complains.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Booking .com let me down terribley I booked my stay at holiday inn express Dubai jumeirah from 10th to 13th of may by booking.com i got there and i had no room booked i was told to leave because the hotel was fully booked. But the duty manager recognized me and tried his best and he found a room.im a disabled person who had nowhere to go at that time. so i gave the comments to the hotel for helping me out.never i would recommend booking.com to any body ever.But thanks to the duty manager for helping.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

That I didn’t get slippers and it wasn’t communicated prior.

The location is extremely convenient from the business district, near the Etihad Museum and also the Dubai Airport.

My booking was done by company using company CC and when I reached there, staff wanted to get CC to capture amount, this was not highlighted while booking. It was big hassle, fortunately, boss was in same city and he came there to show original cc.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was almost perfect. :)

The breakfast, the staff and atmosphere amazing. The service was also the best. We had an issue with the shower and toilet taps, the engineering gentleman was more than happy to help us out. I'd definitely recommend people to stay here. It's location is also near a lot of Dubai attractions. The gym also amazing...

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Despite letting them know that I was arriving late night/early morning they overbooked the hotel and I had to wait 30 minutes at 2:30 a.m. to get access to my room which was not clean (pumpkin seeds on the rug) and was a smoking room when I had requested a non smoking one which meant having to sleep in a typical smelly one . Used towels were not replaced by new ones.

It was located in a convenient place close to the venue we had the conferences in. The staff was friendly . Breakfast was fair for the price.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The property is a little bit far from the bus and metro stations.

customer care at the Hotel was excellent and we really felt at home. Madam "Monica' was absolutely welcoming. Breakfast was fantastic. Thumbs up !!!!!!

May be a facility to provide tea / coffee.

I loved the breakfast served at this location. The location is good. But I could not find any good restaurants in a walkable distance. I would like to come back and stay if I get a discount coupon. The staffs were were helpful. I like the gym.

The hotel is fine. There was only a small issue with my booking that was easily sorted out by the duty manager

Clean room and toilet and the food is great. Real good value for money

I wasn’t given the room I booked for in good time. I wanted a non smoking room with 2 beds. This was done late in the day and I was given a smoking room smelling of cigarettes. An air freshener was later sprayed in the room to neutralize the cigarette smell which did not go out quickly.

Pricing is fair and the meals were good

The most basic facility that is expected from a hotel is Room Service which wasn't present at this property, they should really work upon starting it, twice I got to hear that they are running out of linen stock, which shouldn't be a case in any property

Nothing special to be mentioned

We stayed only for 1 night and staff was completely non cooperative. The fridge in the room wasnt working and i needed to cool down the medicine for my son so it doesnt go bad. However at first the receptionist said they cant do anything!! Seriously- a kids medicine was to be kept cold so he can complete his course and they are not considerate at all even when it was just for 1 day!!! After continuous pursuing they gave us some space in kiosk fridge but making strange faces and comments when i needed to take it out to give him medicine which i really hated. In the end we bought a lot of ice and kept it in the room for night with ice packs. If it was not for 1 day and not for my child being tired i would have immediately left the hotel. Never ever book it if you are with family. Also the rooms are really bad and minimal for the price you pay. I am a holiday inn ihg member and this was very disappointing.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Wifi expensive if you want/need a decent connection. Other than breakfast, the lunch and dinner buffets leave a lot to be desired.

Convenient to port and shipyard. Comfortable room. Internet connection via LAN for laptop excellent, if you bring your own LAN cable. Reasonable buffet breakfast.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Doors aren't very sound proof. Room is a tad small, but honestly fine. The shower pressure was on the low side, but it was clean and worked well. Besides hand soap and some body wash there aren't any toiletries without needing to ask for them.

Breakfast was much better than expected, although of varying quality between the 2 days I was there. location is good, to get downtown is a doable hour and a half walk, or 25 - 30 AED taxi ride. food in the area is also good

The staff were unhelpful, they kept running out of cutlery and crockery in the dining room, the shuttle by the hotel was broken down, when you came out of the lifts on the floor if smelt of people smoking heavily

Not much

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Please provide luggage porter service atleast during checkin. On request they did provide however, it should be included. The mattress on the sofa bed can be more comfortable.

Staff were polite. Breakfast requests. Smiling faces. Very satisfied.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

It is located directly across from a shipping port so there is not much of a view from the front of the building. Although it is close to the water, it is a good walk from the hotel to reach the public beach maybe about 20 to 30 mins.

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great as well. There is a bar on the property and it has a happy hour for half price drinks. Staff is friendly and helpful. There is also a small store on the property where you can buy snacks and things that you may have forgotten to pack.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Limited option for breakfast Limited whatsapp coverage (unable to call) Limited public transport option

Room cleanliness and comfortable. Wifi coverage Friendly staff Luggage storage

Wrong information and without service hotel. Then better is lodge and need not to pay big rent. With US $100+ you can have hundred time better holes and facility. No arrangements for airport pickup and drop.

Room was very small. No proper service. No room service available. Location information was wrong. This is opposite of dry port. Where as while time of booking told us see shore property. Bathroom was so small one can’t even bath.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They need to clean better, the top of the wardrobe was full of dust (I've put my luggage on top and when I retrieved it, it was covered in dust). If anyone is allergic to dust, I wouldn't advise booking a room. Carpet is obviously not often thoroughly cleaned. Staff at the reception though helpful is not very amicable. Very impersonal place. Breakfast is so-so. The 2 lifts work too slowly. The shower is total crap. Flimsy knobs that came out twice. Not up to standards. The wardrobe should have many more shelves in it. It's ridiculous. One shelf in it and the rest is empty space. Where do you exactly put your clothes? As an IHG member I didn't get any miles with IHG because I've booked through booking. com. Disapointing.

The location and parking space in the basement. Room is quite spacious. Safe is the wardrobe. Close by there is a small supermarket. No fuss. Easy to get in and out.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I fink the doors should be sound proof because when someone is talking on the corridor u can hear everything in the room

The staff was very welcoming especially the front office Karim he had this smile wen ever I approached him

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The location as the nearest metro station was 30-40 mins walking distance. So we had to use taxi service which proved to be costly.

The staff was really nice and overall experience was good.

Lack of possibility to trust the hotel employee, who stands and makes sure that hotel guests do not use a regular taxi and persuades to use a hotel taxi. I had a big suitcase, and a normal taxi was waiting, but the hotel's employee took my suitcase and lied to me that he has set the same price for hotel's taxi as it is for using a regular taxi, and in fact driver demands a triple price. I will never feel well in a place where employees cheat in this way.

The place is nice - clean room and good breakfast.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing really I’ll always stay there anytime I come to dubia

In fact it was so wonderful I enjoyed my stay there Very professional and the staff are very respectful

The hotel should provide more sanitary in the showers eg bath soap, and bathing cap. my skin was reacting to the shower gel provided. Wanted to relocate to Holiday inn in Digital city which was near my meeting venue but the manager in-charge indicated that i have to pay for one extra night for leaving early. I found this not good since they are both Holiday inn and the other one was even cheaper.

Staff members were very understanding and helpful. very comfortable bed and rooms are quite spacious. The breakfast provided is also quite ideal.

Nearest metro is 25 mins walk or 10 minute taxi ride away.

Excellent staff, very professional and friendly. Beautiful room. Wonderful breakfast. 15 Minute walk to the beach.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The towels weren't changed during the 6 days. I had a reservation for 6 nights from 7 to 13 February 2018. The day before was taken 367 AED from the card (amount per 1 night). At the arrival in the hotel, 2206 AED (amount for all 6 nights) was collected on the check inn, following that the initial charge to be returned to my card in 7 days. But this did not happen until the end of the stay, even after 16 days of leaving the hotel.

sofa bed was awful AND there were 2 hairs on the mattress!!!!! Main bed was rock hard Entire hotel stunk Staff was very 'simple' 45DHM glass of wine tasted old and like vinegar couldn't fit our normal sized SUV in underground parking

coffee was good - but didnt even bother to stay for the breakfast

Pathetic hospitality. Ill mannered and uncooperative staff . I would like to make a special mention of Mr. Bakr Sheta (Manager)who treated me very badly. I had a very traumatic and unpleasant stay .At the time of check, in my forex travel card was swiped, the amount wasn't credited into their account because of fault on the part of the hotel and i was asked to pay the whole amount in cash in-spite of me having booking for next 4 days .I think this was unfair due to huge amount of money being block on my card and me having to part with the cash in hand. Even my room access was stopped.This is extreme case of lack of faith in customers from other countries . I will not recommend this hotel to anyone in my life.

Neat and clean rooms .

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Overall good value for money - helpful and smiling staff, clean and tidy room, the morning breakfast was nice and gave good start to day.. close to Airport and other major places, good WiFi..

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We booked the room for 2 people, 3 nights.After checking in, we found that towels were prepared for 1 person only, we asked staff to provide another towels set ( bath towel and hand towel) ,but 2nd day and 3rd day were still same, there were 1 towels set (for 1 person ) in the room again , We had to ask them about the same matter 3 days in a row.... need to educate your house keeping staff ...

We really liked Breakfast!!

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No Restaurant near by No cycle available No umbrella Should provide a drop to mosque

No free airport shuttle No help for luggage initially Veg food was available good Rooms too small Upgrade rooms Location good as per union house n mosque No Restaurant near by

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

We found the staff right from the very resourceful Front desk lead in the reception area ,to the team in the breakfast room ,to the ones that come to clean and service our rooms - caring , smiling and with such positive attitude towards their work and guests .Mr Mohammed Goma the duty manager - truly leads by example . His willingness and determination to help us with our Car issue will be something we will always remember.

The property is a holiday inn branch so I expected little more standard in terms of facilities and cleanliness as compared to other budget hotels. The breakfast was also not palatable. Although there was a good variety of food available but the taste was not good at all. My friend also got ill the first day of our stay and as it was night time we asked for medicines at housekeeping and reception but to no avail. The next day I had to walk down the pharmacy to get medicines but till then her temperature had already soared high. In terms of their free bus service to Dubai mall and Jumeirah beach , it also didn’t go well with us. The driver had dropped us at Dubai mall but did not came to pick up at appointed time. We waited for an hour and then when I called their reception they told me that driver is saying he is stuck somewhere. So then we took taxi and came which Was not a big deal but as my friend who was already ill, had to wait for an hour outside the mall and that time it was quite cold windy climate, so it was definately not convenient for her. Overall we had to struggle a lot on our own with very little help from the hotel in terms of basic facilities also.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities are so poor , staff are slow & aren't helpful at all The cleanliness of rooms are awful and for example for having a towel you should follow many times also with this price you can find many better place I can say it was the worst hotel that I've ever been

I can say the place is near to center and if you want to travel with taxi , it is very good But it's far from underground station, at least 15 minutes

There was issued with hot water and also the fact that they didn't have airport shuttle, which was weird because when I booked through booking.com it had airport shuttle service. But the taxi can be called in 30 minutes advance notice.

The Breakfast was great at this hotel and the Hotel is close to La Mer Beach

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no free airport shuttle service . We were disappointed when they said you have to pay for the shuttle service to the airport when the website says otherwise . There was no porter to assist us .

The croissants were amazing

No convenient information how to get to the beach, no convenient information where to eat local food, no convenient information how to get to gold market, how to get to nearest metro without taking taxi. We asked to repair cold water cock in the shower, but it still did not work after visit of the specialist.

quiet clean hotel, quick delivery of taxi, rather comfortable room

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The wifi connection on 6th floor was horrible. The signal used to drop multiple times in a single session. Had a horrible time trying to get online on my mobile and tablet devices.

The rooms are nice but a bit small in size. Breakfast was good.

Provision of used bathroom linen. Everytime request for Tea Making material( for two of us one tea bag for 24 hours). Bathroom Cleaning not at all upto the mark. (Conveyed all these points at the Reception Counter before leaving)

Location is very good. Travel Desk very informative and helpful

There is No shop near to the hotel. One must have a car to move around or use Taxi. Hotel parking can be spacious, sometimes you need to park outside.

Best location, very quite and calm. Services are very fast. Comfortable bed. Staff is cooperative. Good for short vacation with family.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My mobile charger was taken during the cleaning, i sent several messages to the front desk , and they showed no caring. After 2 days the housekeeping manager came and said they will provide another charger and then she disappeared. 2- the parking is very tight

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

But as per the request we made that we need a early check in ,we had to wait for more than 3 hours , which did not look a bit sensible after a midnight travel tired in the air we did not expect such a entry which was not so welcoming.

The person in the reception was so good....he was Mr Karim.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Cleanness of bathroom could be a bit better.

Breakfast had good varieties that is changed everyday. Bed and pillows are comfortable. Free internet throughout the hotel is a big bonous. Grocery pharmacy Resturant’s and stores are within walking distance.

The size of room is not that good, breakfast is very very limited. The price is more when compare to other hotels for same size room apartment.

The location is very good, parking spaces are good, friendly staff.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

SHUTTLE FACILITIES! Poorly run and managed. We waited over 45 minutes for the shuttle at the mall which never turned up. We was also told on one day the shuttle was a taxi and got charged.

Bedroom was clean and tidy, everything there you needed. Staff at breakfast were lovely every morning. Good breakfast choice.

• Twin Room - Smoking

Every time our room was cleaned they did not add any new towels. Also, my bed wasn't always made properly.

The Bed was comfy and the shower pressure is great! The breakfast was also nice.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

1. i like my eggs fried or scrambled fresh. this was not available (in spite of requesting). who ever heard of a whole lot of eggs fried and left in the pan????? 2. the housekeeping staff needs better training. (i have stayed here before and it was quite okay then)

the location is excellent. though the front view is now marred by the extension of the dry dock

Location was great, very high standards of service at this hotel and excellent value for money overall. Would happily book this hotel again next time. Bonus is the free shuttle service they provide or the big continental breakfast each morning they do. Staff are all very helpful and good for advice/recommendations.

Had to wait 2 hours for an early checkin when we had been travelling for 17 hours. Room was empty too

Comfortable beds. Nice breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

1. There was no concierge team to assist guests carry their luggage from the main hotel entrance 2. We got dirty cups in our room 3. We given 1 towel we had to ask for another twice.... 4. No variety for breakfast

Very bad service horrible breakfast. Staff was very unprofessional and sloppy. Laundry not done on prescribed time had to remind the hotel about its own laws. Restaurant had very hygiene.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Location is too far away from main area - taxis are very expensive especially as we stayed here at new year, none ran off the metre and charged 4x more than average. 50 AED trip quoted at 400AED. Be cautious and always use the exact money!!!

Booked in advance so good value for money - although confusion when paying through booking.com. Make sure you have proof of transaction if paying up front. Breakfast included in price. Large comfy beds, cleaned daily with fresh towels

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The location is a bit far from the main attractions in Dubai. The lack of public transport around the property is also an issue, so pretty much your only options are driving or catching a taxi.

The room was big, nice, and clean. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast menu and Service. I stayed here for 7D 6N and breakfast was included in my package. But I was served the same breakfast for all 7 days. There was no variety at all. Also the staff was not much co-operative. I called from my room and ordered for 2 empty glasses in order to drink water. But I was told to come down and get them on my own.

Room cleanliness

Parking was a problem, as non residence seamed to be making use of car parks so no space left for guests either underground or in street. I had to park about a kilometer away in the dry dock parking lot.

Food was fine, rooms were quiet, staff was friendly.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Smoke-room (although not the staff's fault). Towards the evening of our stay, the hotel had a strong smell of paint (not pleasant at all).

I feel like I should be a little conflicted with my review. The experience with the hotel was positive. We flew overnight from Germany to Dubai, so we arrived way too early. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, but they only gave us a smoke-room. We do not smoke, so staying in the room was not as comfortable because of the smell. Of course, we cannot blame this on the hotel since we did check in way too early. Additionally, wifi was reliable, there are restaurants close by, and public transport is around the corner. It would have been better to take Uber to this hotel, since the metro itself is a 30 minute walk.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The Booking.com website indicated there was an airport shuttle available, but that didn't seem to be the case.

The hotel was a very good choice and the price was spot on.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

May be a better supervision in cleaning the rooms and replenishment of complimentary water bottles and tea/coffee making things. Some times they miss it and we need to call them. But It is not a big negative about the service,

The rooms are spacious , with comfortable beds. They have allowed us for early check in and extended check out. Staff are really helpful, especially Joel and Shanthi in the reception. Joel provided us with all the information while checking in. Location also good.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The location of the hotel. The metro is very good, but the buses to get to the metro are not easy to use. When asked how to get to different locations in dubai, the staff would always end with saying better to get a taxi. Would never use the taxis outside the hotel again after we were ripped off by the first couple.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was not good. Too little space. Food kept running out. Too little choices. Dirty tables and staff had to be prompted to clean tables. Not good.

Very poor Wifi , Breakfast was disappointing for vegetarians no variety, staff is good but need lot of improvement on facilities.

The location of the property is good.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in quite an isolated location. There is a nice beach area about 20 minutes walk away but other than that you need to take a taxi to go anywhere or do anything. Not even any shops. Breakfast was okay but nothing special.

Outstanding value for money in a very expensive city. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed was really comfortable enabling good sleep and rest for a weary traveller. Bathroom was well equipped, excellent shower.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We only had an option of a connecting room. Although the rooms were non-smoking, it still smelled a little of smoke. The rest was good.

The location was conveniently close to Dubai Downtown and Bur Dubai. The beds were comfortable and the room neat and tidy. The breakfast buffet was standard, but filling and tasty.

Not spacious n two people cant move or roam easily n no easy way for second person to go to far side of bed also cupboard ws too cornored to reach for clothes

Quick check in and out

its clean

breakfast is getting bad day by day i am a regular customer of this property but i am not seeing any betterment in facilities as compare to the price of other hotels.

They really had a problem with service. Especially change of towels, they would take away and leave me with 1 towel, or forget to change, it was a hassle

Good breakfast was included. Nice fresh looking interior

The 1st room I had was a non-smoking room but smelled deeply like smoke. I was given another room quickly and Joel came to inspect it.

Joel, who checked me in at the front desk and the lady at the cafe were absolutely great! They made me feel great and comfortable and quickly remembered my preferences. THey lady at the cafe, convinced me to eat the good food there instead of going out for take away. She was right! The dinner and breakfast buffet was delicious.

The room sound insulation was very bad. The next door conversations was inside the room. The room was a bid aged in comparison to price. Staff could be more helpful and cheerful. Its worthless to pay that money to that quality hotel.

nothing.

The hotel only suitable for those serving or working in the vicinity. I made a mistake of not checking the proper location of the hotel as my plan was to book a hotel near a beach not near a port!

Browse Holiday Inn Express Dubai, Jumeirah traveller photo gallery