Reviews of Hyatt Regency Dubai - Corniche 5 stars

Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#118 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Regency Executive Suite

Dine-in is too much expensive Little restaurants choices

They have a good bufet restaurant (al dwar) at the top turnning 360 degree while you are seated on the table eating and chatting

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

No tissue in the room, only in the bathroom which is making not comfortable going and bringing from there during lunch and breakfast in the room.

Good location and expected view from the room)

• King / Twin Room

1) The reception was crowded and we had to wait for about 30 min for check in process. 2) The toilet closet was not cleaned properly before the room was allotted to us. This was the first impression when we entered the hotel room. 3) Swimming Pool guard restricted us to enter into the pool as we didn't had nylon dresses. Unfortunately, we had not carried nylon dresses and what we had was half cotton and this information was no where available at the time of booking. We were totally upset because we could not use the pool, which was one of the main attractions in the hotel. 4) Accessories like tooth brush/shaving kit were not available in the room along with the other accessories. We had to request the room service separately to provide the same.

1) Beds are good and foamy 2) Location of the hotel is good 3) Shopping mall is close by 4) Tennis court is available

• King / Twin Room

There was no high net above the wall to stop flying tennis balls going outside the court (gen. court). The pool bar opened late (past 10am) and drinks from the lobby are not allowed to be taken inside.

I like the tennis courts and surrounding pathway with plants and outdoor where you can exercise.

• King / Twin Room

there is this feeling of being old

the atmosphere of the hotel and the overall design. the price was very cheap compared to other hotels with similar star ratings . from what i have seen the hotel is the perfect destination in Dubai for any single man that want to have a night company over.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Conceirge not aware of open hours for shops. However manager compensated us for the inconvenience

Overall well kept property, breakfast inclusion was a deal.

No complaints.

The comfort of the room and the view. Also the availability of facilities particularly the ice rink with its friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was delicious with ample variety and a member of staff, Felis, was very accommodating going out of her way to be of assistance.

• King / Twin Room

I can't think of anything to improve.

I liked the friendly staff, cleanliness, comfy beds and complimentary shuttle service to the Dubai Mall and the nearest metro station.

Nothing...everything loved.

Everything excellent...the room, the Regency Club lounge, the swimming pool, the ice skating rink, the shops and mostly the revolving restaurant with a what a spread yummy o goodness i can go on n on.....

• King / Twin Room

The staff in each department is so welcoming,helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable ,nice, clean and large. The breakfast was delicious too. Al dawar restaurant is so amazing, the view, food taste and the whole experience was really worthy. I like how they care about the details even in the buffet and how they present the food , it was really elegant and creative.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Expensive, especially if you don't book with booking.com. I was only booked for 2 nights but then my friends told me to book an extra night. One extra night cost almost as much as the 2 nights i prebooked at booking.com. Quite far from where all the action is. I thought my view was of the sea but it was just a small part and there was a new hotel being constructed in front of my window.

Revolving restaurant and food were amazing! All the waiters and receptionists at the restaurant were very friendly and accommodating. I felt like royalty. I ate Iftar there every single day of my stay. My room was great. I mean compared to the hotels I stayed at in Europe the week before. The hotel lobby was very nice and airconditioning was very reliable and good despite the very hot arid climate. There's a mall beside the lobby and an ice skating rink. Valet people were very kind and respectful. The housekeeping personnel on my floor, 6th, were very kind and accommodating. The Filipino staff, Frances and Jhoanna were very fun to talk with. :)

• King / Twin Room

The internet connection appears a bit akward and restrictive - limiting some pages and not sensitive pages

Only stayed for 8 hrs transit time. Staff was very friendly and pleasant.

• King / Twin Room

Pretty much every thing was fine

The hotel has amazing health club facility if you like to complete your day with a nice work out, added with a good pool, tennis court and a small outdoor jogging track. Good variety of restaurants and also a night club

• King / Twin Room

The breakfast needs more variety. Then, there are flies around the chef's bowls but it seems that they don't really care. There was an instance, the main chef, the one who cooked our eggs, I noticed that there were mushroom drop from the pan and he picked it up and return tot he pan, mixed it with other mushrooms. I think its not cool to see that. Please address this to him.

The staff was so nice, they always greeted us. They are also responsive to all of our request. The front desk named Julia is adorable, she made us feel welcome in the hotel. I requested a late check out to her at 3:00pm but she made at 4:00pm instead. We were very happy. Our room is so spacious, clean and the bed is perfect. I commend all the staff of the hotel.

• King / Twin Room

The food menus are different - I ordered the vegetarian bocadillo as on the menu I had it said goats cheese but it was delivered with brie (I don't like brie!). I worked out later that the menus are different between restaurant and room service. The staff at breakfast didn't tell me latte, cappuccino etc were available until my last day.

The customer service (apart from at breakfast) was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. When I complained about the vegetarian dish I ordered, the chef came to speak with me and made me another dish himself. The food generally was awesome but I found it difficult to get an omelette in the morning - eggs should be available with everything else, not just made to order. The room was very comfortable.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

100 AED entrance fee for hotel guests to the night club.

Small shopping mall attached to the hotel with everything you need: groceries, banking/exchange, pharmacy and even an ice skating rink. Nice view from the 17th floor, quiet, you can hear the planes but not disturbing in the room. Breakfast had a good selection for Westeners, different kind of cheese, best smoothies I had in a while, soda bread and much more. No smoked salmon but I liked the smoked trout.

• King / Twin Room

lots of mosquitoes inside the kitchen restaurant

everthing !!! i really enjoyed my stay.. i love all the food that me and my wife had!!! superb stay!!!👌👌👌

• King / Twin Room

I have never stayed at a hotel with such poor quality toiletries. The soap, shampoo, and conditioner are by far the cheapest quality I have ever experienced at a property. Neither the soap nor the shampoo would work up a lather and I didn't feel clean after using them. Very surprising and disappointing for a property that is supposedly 5-star.

The staff is by far the best feature of the hotel. Everyone was friendly and attentive during check-in and at the restaurant. Ms. Siyan at the front desk was one of the friendliest hotel staff we've ever met and she even followed up with us after our stay.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

It is not all the time, the staff, at the reception understad- and speak so good English. And sometimes they act little suspect, that is bad. But mostely they har kind and helpfull.

The staff at breakfast and cleaning is really fantastic, in every way.

• King / Twin Room

Nothing really. Rather sad to see the Hibiki Karaoke bar close though.

Very helpful staff - we were given complimentary access to the lounge with drinks and food included.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

Staff were very warm and friendly. Thank you to Marat on reception who organised an early check in for us. The Club room was very good and thanks go to Lenny for looking after us there.

• King / Twin Room

It took 40 mins to have us checked in. And it would be nice if they could arrange bigger taxi for bigger group.

Bathroom were really nice. Great view over the city and sunset.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

Staff, The breakfast , the pool, the exercise room and general hotel - It is aging and many areas need updating. Booking ,com did not inform me that taxes were not added into the quoted price. The taxes were very high!!!

The location.

• King / Twin Room

We had requested if we could take our breakfast in the room as our child was sleeping in the room, but staff refused.

Warm welcome. I had requested for an early check in and hotel delivered. Concierge (Akbar) was very helpful.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Breakfast was too good. I really enjoyed it. Bed is also v comfertable. If i will say, everything in the room was exactly what i want. The outer view was also v good to see.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

The Tv in my room ddnt work well which was bad and stay there is a bit expensive than usual

Staff were friendly and cooperative. cleanliness there was also great. great view and its a comfy place. food there is nice too

• King / Twin Room

hotel insecure anyone can open your room don't surprise if you are in the room and other guest open your room and come in the hotel insecure anyone can open your room

Nothing to be mentioned as it was only 2 days

The staff are very professional in term of attitude and dedication as well . I would thank front office Manager Mr.Essam as has facaialted my things during business trip

• King / Twin Room

It is crowded sometimes to get breakfast - it's necessary to wait in quite long queue, what takes too much time and doesn't fit 5*. Location is good for shopping and business, not so super for family rest - next to the hotel is the commercial port, not beach resort as you can understand from booking description.

Very comfortable room, clean and good equipped. Excellent breakfast. Nice swimming pool with shisha option :-)

• Regency Suite

Some maintenance required in the washroom. Wash basin was clogging.

Excellent location and Amiri suite room was the best and biggest I ever stayed. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Frances at the reception is amazing, was very courteous and eager to serve anytime with a smile.

• King / Twin Room

the hotel is not suitable and not consider a good place for families because you will be facing a lot of drank people unaceplable clothes due to the locations of their decos and bars.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

Problem with the hot water in the room that didn't get fixed although the staff was very gracious about it and offered some compensation.

business center was very good. Food and drinks were good.

• King / Twin Room

Overpriced clothes store in mini-mall. And a whole infiltration of prostitutes after sundown.

Loved the facilities, staff was friendly, and multiple bars and restaurants including a mini-mall!

• King / Twin Room

large breakfast buffet, constant refill of items and different selection/european/asatic items. very helpful assistance received by mr labib essam from guest relations.

• King / Twin Room

So the location was fine, but it is a little off the path of my expectation. I've never stayed in Old Dubai, which is an interesting area to stay. But because it's in an older part of the city, you can easily get turned around and off track if you are driving. But I just parked and went ahead took taxies.

The staff was super helpful and had great senses of humor. I also thought the breakfast was plentiful and well prepared. The bathtub was also amazing, which is why I booked a stay here. It was great to just sit and soak in the tub before going out at night.

Everything was perfect

Nice place to stay, In the heart of Old Dubai, The Hotel is really clean it was my first time to stay there and they even extended my checkout for 2 hours and gave me a nice room with excellent view ;)

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

At our time of stay there was construction across the road and in the area which made walking to the (already nearby) metro station a bit tedious but they offered a free shuttle in any case. Not much else to fault.

Everything, this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Amazing staff, facilities, bars and condition. I think it may also be the best value hotel we've come across. The experience made our Honeymoon that much more special.

• King / Twin Room

The hotel felt very old. Although clean but the age of the place is very visible. Breakfast was very chaotic and needed some organizing.

The staff were great. Everything was clean. Breakfast was good

• King / Twin Room

I was wasted of my time for checking in, caz a room was not ready. I arrived at the hotel in time of check-in is available and clerk of front desk told me just waiting for 20mins until ready, but eventually I was waited for 1h30min. I did asked them from me if it's ready while I was waiting. Also my plan was delayed it by them. They'd better inform me situation of that time by time and feel sorry, and rooms had better be ready. They had No apologies.

Breakfast is awesome and staff's nice.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

It would have been better if the Menu during the Happy Hour and Breakfast was changed every two -Three days in The Club Lounge. Mr. Bhandari from the Conceiage was exceptional in his duties. Hyatt should be proud of Him.

The Club Room My Twin Sister and I chose was excellent. The Bed was very comfortable. Enjoyed the Club Lounge facilities.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

The internet could be better and coverage of Formula 1 and other sports, even if as a pay for view or on demand, as you have the movies would have really made my trip perfect

The rooms, the facility, the location and truly the staff were very good and I did enjoy the room service

• King / Twin Room

We picked a standard room and it was a little basic.

Great gym and pool facilities. Great staff. Great, shiny new bathroom. Comfy beds. Nice view of the water.

• King / Twin Room

It’s so far from everything lost most of the time with the busy Dubai traffic and spent lots of money just for trans portion . Breakfast was so busy need to wait in very long line but the food was good

• King / Twin Room

Had to wait for nearly 45 minutes for the room to be made up close to midnight inspite of my call to the property that would be checking in late.

The bed and the pillows which helped me sleep well

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

The Club where food was served should have more of a variety for the amount that you're charged.

The front desk staff and customer service was AMAZING!

• King / Twin Room

Location isn't great, food in the revolving restaurant was a bit dry, would be nice if they included all the required charges in the price, e.g. VAT @ 5%, service charge @ 10%, municipality fee @ 10%.

The bed was comfortable, the TV was large and the bathroom clean with everything needed.

• King / Twin Room

The rooms are basic, the pool is ok but nothing special. We would not choose to stay here again. The service was shocking at times but sometimes surprisingly great, really depended on the individual person. The management seems to be paranoid about things being stolen and not interested in ensuring guests have an amazing time. Examples: 1) we wanted to go to the beach and went to the pool to get beach towels. Not allowed! Not even if you offer to sign them out and leave your ID. We ended up taking the towels from the room. 2) Breakfast starts at 6am and as we had to leave early on the last day, we went at exactly 6am. By 6.15am, breakfast was still not fully set up. We ended up rushing and I asked if I could take my coffee to the room and finish it while getting ready. I promised to bring the cup back. Team member goes to hostess who sends him to the manager. Answer from team member's manager "not allowed!".. 3) Check out-I paid before going to breakfast and was told somebody would check the minibar. No problem. We were then told we had to go to reception again when we were ready to leave as somebody would again check the minibar?? At the checkout (take 2,several minutes wait by now as busy), we were told there were charges on the room from the pool bar. We never went to the pool bar...receptionist goes to the supervisor/manager, comes back 5 minutes later and asks for the room number again. She was looking at a totally different room. Oops..we finally left 20 minutes late and very underwhelmed.

Great breakfast! Best part of our stay (apart from the last morning, see below).

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

We booked a sea view room but when we reached hotel at 4:00 the room was not ready and we were given other room. The shower in the room was making lot of noise. Hotel staff was disturbing by ringing bell mid night. When we complained at the time of checkout, the receptionist said I assure you will have a pleasant day next time. How ridiculous instead of compensating for my current experience, he is promising me for future. Very poor customer services service

• King / Twin Room

Well everything is fine over there especially good behaviour of staff.... there is some delay occurred during the time of check out and I was so upset on that time but, the receptionist named Miss.Julia accomodate me and offered god high tea in hotel lounge and made my thinking positive with excellent customer services. Staff are very professional and this hotel is much recommended with stay with family as well.

• King / Twin Room

Swimming pool is small. The place is a bit far from main attractions.

The views are great Breakfast is nice Good spacious room Variety of restaurant and small mall. Receptionist Siyan is great and very very helpful.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

It’s vibes, the hotel is becoming old and compared to other hayatt regency hotels this one needs some retouching on the interior design of the hotel, specially the rooms.

Very clean rooms and the service is really quick.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Parking valet and bellboy seemed to be lost in rush hours.

Nice breakfast venue and excellent food. Reception is very polite and explains in details. Modern room with a comfortable big bed.

• King / Twin Room

The house keeping was avery nice guy but came very late (after 16:00) on the second day. It's a little bit too late. No hot water on the shower box while the bath side had the hot water

Space is enough for a couple. Amenity goods are OK.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

No the most central location.

Clean with very friendly staff. Very heigh Std hotel offering. Great value for money. Very close to the Metro which makes up for the location.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Staff service ! The Buffet team serving food were very rude and were always in a hurry to clear the plates before even finishing food

Five star facilities

• King / Twin Room

The King size bed was actually two twin beds were adhered to eachother.

Almost everything, except the prices of rate and buffet and the rotating restaurant.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

unfortunately the booking .com made reservation single gust for tween room: I sent email to refer that , but no body respond , that's why I had to paid around AD500.00 extra? also charge me AD35.00 for just on, off TV to try what is going on to see movie .

• King / Twin Room

We liked the ambience. We liked breakfast and afternoon tea. We liked April, her Russian colleague and the manager in the breakfast room. We liked the polite room service people and the concierge. Reception were also very helpful.

• King / Twin Room

I have stayed in this hotel many times befor but never have I seen this many people in the structure . It was over loaded of guests and anywhere the service was poorer . Even if the staff tried to do their best at breakfast it was a fight getting to the buffet and the que was everywhere .

helpful staff

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

Our check in was not as smooth as it could have been. We booked through booking.com, and for some reason our reservation did not shop up in the system. This happened both times we checked in (we stayed there before and after a cruise). Fortunately, it was sorted out; and the staff were very apologetic.

ALL of the staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed, and the bed was very comfortable. We especially enjoyed the club; breakfast was delicious, and happy hour was a meal in itself

• King / Twin Room

My bill was going was 1832.17dhms, i pay from two different cards from askari master Card 1333dhms and from HBL master Card 499.17dhms but approx 1000dhms still hold in my HBL card by hotel I don’t know why, my bank inform me. Which gives me problem. Bank told me if hotel not claim the amount we will release your amount it will take 15days or if the claim we have to pay. I didn’t understand and I’m worried if the claim because I already paid the bill. Now what can I do else wait and watch.

Staff is very Good, Excellent Service and one of their door boy Mr.Akbar he help me out in every matters and very helpful and very sincere with his job. He stands on one call.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Nothing really - our stay was perfect. Loved the views of the creek - so much more interesting to watch the life there, than just stare at another skyscraper hotel, which happens in other areas of Dubai.

Stayed in a suite - well worth the extra to have breakfast etc. In The Regency Club, which we found simply amazing.

LOCATION IS NOT GREAT

STAFF IS WHAT MAKES THE HOTEL THEY ARE FANTASTIC AND ESSAM ON RECEPTION AND NIGHT MANAGER HAMADA EXCEPTIONAL AND THE HYATT HOTEL ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE 2 SUCH WONDERFUL GUYS,SECURITY ARE FANTASTIC ASWELL

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

The manager i had problem with one of the valet guy , when i spoke to him he did not even tried to makes me down

Thanks to all the hotel staff .specially Marat from the reception.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

The pool is located on the wrong side of the hotel which means that it is in the shade from about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Also the hotel is right under the flight path for DBX, not a problem inside the hotel as it is all soundproofed but in the pool area you hear every plane take off. Also the hotel had no record of our booking as Booking.com had not communicated correctly with them, so it took us a while to get things sorted which was not welcomed after a 16hr flight from NZ. Hotel were great and sorted it but Booking.com were at fault!!

Location was good but a little out of the way. Although transport links are good with the metro being only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel and taxis fares are really reasonable. Great for relaxing on a 3 day stop over. Book a Club access room which gives you exclusive breakfast in a private lounge and the service there is excellent. Peaceful breakfast away from the bustle of the main restaurant.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

The Hotel has a well equipped gym. Staff was very friendly and courteous, breakfast was comprehensive and tasty. Because of the proximity to a bus and subway station, it´s well suited for doing sightseeing in Dubai.

• King / Twin Room

Location was not ideal, but they did the best they could with the location.

Gorgeous decor, really helpful & friendly staff, nice food, comfortable bed, spacious room

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

Little bit noisy it was due to clubs in the lobby floor.

Their customer service and facilities on stay were amazing. All staff were very keen to help you in every matter. Free shuttle service to Dubai mall and nearest metro station was a very plus point.

• King / Twin Room

Not a good place for business meeting. I mean facility/seating arrangement etc for business meeting. Reception counter should be added or at least everyone should be available at each counter.

service

• King / Twin Room

-the staff was checking on me way too much asking if all ok; all was ok until they rang for the 4th time while I was trying to sleep -hot water was barely warm, impossible to have a bath -location is not ideal

-good sized room and bathroom

• King / Twin Room

I only had one night stay so I didn’t get the chance to have a full tour of the exquisite place; missed out on the spa and the bar as I was travelling back to UK following morning.

Essam at the front desk was outstanding upon checking out. What an asset to your team. I will definitely return. Thank you for organising the comfortable ride to the airport driven by Tariq. I’m an Advocate!

• King / Twin Room

Had to wait 2 hours - until 4pm to get my room. Reception staff did not communicate properly to explain the delay of my room. He just made me wait for more the 2 hours. Also he took the money for the room straight away and could not wait until i finished the tenancy of the room - never came across anything like this in any other hotels. Was not happy of my treatment at the reception..

Room was good

• King / Twin Room

Booking was for king size bed and higher floor and they gave me a room with 2 single beds joines together and lower floors. The elevators always busy.

• King / Twin Room - Sea View

I thought being an 5 star property, the toiletries like the tooth-kit n stuff should have been self present & not have to asked for, also i hoped it had daily newspaper n fruits given to the rooms. But over all i think the breakfast menu should be changed daily so that one dose not feel having the same things over n over again, but to my surprise within the 5 days stay the menu kinda repeated twice, which i think should be looked into to make our experience better at the breakfast tables.

I really liked the ambiance, the cleanliness & the connectivity the property has, which is topped off by its really very helpful, sincere & responsive staff, always ready to help you out with a smile.

• King / Twin Room - Club Access

My experience in Hyatt Regency Corniche was excellent. Congratulations to the well trained and competent Hospitality Team from Front Desk to the Lounge Service Staff. They made a huge positive impact on the guests with sincere & personal touch. The Check In staff saw me at the Regency Lounge, approached me to check if I like my room I have requested to change & if it met my expectations. I was impressed they remembered guests like they are staying in their residences. They are extremely helpful, friendly, courteous and hospitality is superb!

Browse Hyatt Regency Dubai - Corniche traveller photo gallery