Reviews of Ibis World Trade Centre 2 stars

Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#250 of 384 hotels in Dubai

Basin in the bathroom was not fixed. They took 30 mins to fix it.

Staff was accomodating as they gave us a late checkout of 2:00pm both employee on night shift on 16 june was very friendly.. i dont remember the name.

most of the staff not smile at all and didn't great the guests i saw one security lady her in the lobby she is standing and not smiley to anyone i think some staff they need yo learn more about the customer service thanks for the house keep staff and special thanks for John front office

everything was good we stayed for two nights the room is big and comfortable and clean the break fast was good also

• Standard Twin Room

The transportation ... they have to provide a bigger bus or at least 2 buses when it s a crowded season for the 10 am destiantions ... everyone want to enjoy the day early

I am a regular guest in IBis world trade centre the only difference that i brought my parents this time and they were extremly happy about the location and the staff and all the facilities 😍

the washrooms were very bad and dirty

only location was good , the rest of the facilities were good but far you need to walk 5 minutes to get to the pool and breakfast area

The pool was in the other building of 3 minutes walk.

The receptionist named HAFEZ was really kind and polite and has processed my booking payment easily with no amount of unecessary questions. Check in and check out was so easy and smooth, I had an honestly wonderful stay. The room was medium size with good lighting and complete kits.

• Standard Twin Room

I was book by booking.com with very nice price offer, that's way I book for one night, n I hear from my friend was stay there earlier, hotel was nice!!! so I try to. but make me not understand why the reception asking me to add 60 dirham more for my visitor friend also staying with me, we both two person in total in one room, and our room not including B'Fast,, which is I cant understand why I have to add 60 dirham for one more person staying with me in one room, because per I know if u book room for one night u can be a couple or two person in one room. Please explain to me, 60 dirham not that much but I just want to know why the charge extra for add one person in one room for one night which is my visitor stay with me, is that only rule for ibis? Because the reception front office say my booking for one person so if u add one person u need to pay 60 dirham more, my friend was stay there earlier booking for one person they have visitor also staying no pay any extra money because they room not including B'fast n they also tell the reception that her visitor will come n stay. may please explain to me , I know it not that much 60 dirham but I need to know why I need to add 60 dirham extra, I just need clarification! (ROOM CHARGE 183.75 DIRHAM, EXTRA PAYMENT FOR ONE PERSON 60 DIRHAM, TOTAL PAYMENT 240,-) TAHT AMOUNT I HAVE TO PAY WHICH I CAN PAY INCLUSING WITH B'FAST IN ONE NIGHT!!!! Thank you so much Best Regard, Putri Monalisa

food was good from room service with fee delivery 10 dirham, room really nice.

• Standard Twin Room

-The only problem in parking I had to park in other ibis not far around 5 minutes walking -Wifi is slow for movies and videos

The bed extra comfy , location is good

very small/narrow beds and the restaurant was closed (its understandable because it was the ramadhan period).

The staff were quite friendly and accommodating on the requests we made on arrival. The hotel is centrally located and easy to the metro and dubai mall, Burj Khalifa and other scenic places. The wifi was superb. beds are quite small, sleep carefully or you could easily fall off. enjoyed my stay at the Ibis Hotel and will consider it on the next visit.

Infrastructure Swimming pool and valet parking is in the 10min walk to another building away from the hotel

There are no window in a smoking room and fire alarm rings if u lite a smoke. Rooms are very small

Service inside hotel was very slow, it took long time to just answer my call, more over when i ordered room sevice food they charged me extra money for deliery to the room which done by hotel emplyee i find this very odd

Location and friendly staff

• Standard Twin Room

I stayed at this property for two nights during the ATM 24-26 April, 2018. The price upon arrival was cheaper than the price I booked through booking.com in advance as shown on their Ads Board. I told the receptionist man, he told me it was for the weekend but I smiled without saying anything rather than thank you for your honest where there was two guests front of me getting upon arrival cheaper price than me for the same room and two days. They charged me double price inspite of the fact that I booked in advance. Just write this to be careful of how to deal with this matter so you can call or upon arrival get cheaper price than booking online.

This property has a very good location which is at the same building of the ATM.

As there was no parking in same property and we have to walk for almost 10 to park our car in their other property which was little far. And secondly the staff attitude specially the staff during our check in was very rude.

Nothing was up to the standards.

no parking.. I have to park extremely faaar from the hotel secondly, too too too small room .. no space for moving or for bags thirdly, no staff to carry your luggage to the room Also, very slow and bad service in every single thing you ask And, if you need emergency.. they don't have hearts to make an exception and help you quickly... people work like machines (example, they won't allow your friend to set with you in your room... even of you are sick) they said against policy..... However, they should treat some cases as an emergency Finally, but not really the final point because this is what I remember only... Breakfast didn't cover the arabic food,.. where we are actually in Dubai "Arabic and Gulf city" I put the minimum stars for everything I will never come or recommend this hotel

Firstly i did not like the method of payment i used credit card and the service desk charged me in SAR instead of charging in Dhirams. secondly i did not like the bathroom when ever we use the bathroom no proper water drainage and starts smelling. no action has been taken by the service desk. third there was no cold water in the bathroom. hot water is too hot and it was very very difficult to take proper shower.

i like the location

One security officer was not very professional

The customer service was great, rooms very clean and wifi very stable. The wifi connects the moment you get to the entrance of the hotel.

the confusion of two building and the absence of valet in the world trade one, its should be clear in the booking website I wish the late restaurant menu had more options.

the staff were excellent in both location, they handle very well and were professional, friendly and helpful, the place was comfortable and the room exceed my expectation, I appreciate the availability of pray mate and the holy Quran. the restaurant staff was good even they serve me after 11 PM, definitely I would consider it as one of my options in the future ... Keep the good work

The worst part was the parking. No one to attend once we reach there. They finally arranged some other parking area, had to walk back to the hotel from that parking. Rooms are small, the bathroom is even smaller. Room service was not that great, reception didn't pick the call most of the time.

The location is excellent. The breakfast is pretty good.

No service after midnight and the bathroom doesn't have any soap.

One of the best locations in Dubai, it's near the Metro with access to the majority of Dubai's attractions. The property is great compared to what you actually pay.

Only one wash soup for everything No slippers Only two towels for showers nothing for hands Tv is not working Small facilities for huge amount of money

Staffs at the reception area weren't warm and very welcoming. Overall services was disappointing.

The location is great, just 2-3 minutes walk to the metro.. Very accessible.

Our reservation though paid by bank transfer in advance was cancelled . We had called that we will arrive late and reconfirmed our booking at 7 pm. The lady checking us in was a disaster. She made me feel its my fault that I am late and not her problem that she cancelled it. It was paid and we informed over the phone about our late arrival. Check in then took 45 minutes in total after they reinstated it. (t was 5 am at the time) and when finally in the room, I waited 45 minutes for an ironing board and Iron. Breakfast was ok. Really could have been better but did the job. room cleaning team knocks door at 8:30 am to clean the room and does a bad job. Not replacing shower gel so I end up standing wet in the shower without any soap. No hair shampoo or conditioner provided. Bathroom trash bin not cleaned once in my 4 days stay. Towels even though I hang them to reuse, they were changed. Bed sheets weren't changed which is ok, but 2 out of 3 days poorly placed (bed made). If we book again then just because of the location.

Two staff were outstanding Mr. Islam and an Indian Lady who's name I can not pronounce. Very accommodating and trying their best to make up for the inconveniences we faced. The Location at the Expo is the only good point. But you feel that the hotel is aware of that and they get booked anyway regardless of the service. Reservations team was friendly and very helpful over the phone. Free parking and Wifi thoughwe supposed to leave the parking card when checking out the room though we still were at the expo. A bit weired but Islam sorted it for us.

The lady reception. She needs further training on how to accommodate the guess.

The location is very good, its accessible to the metro station - a 2 mins walk to the metro. The price is good. But the lady at the reception is not accommodating. And there are restaurants outside which is available if you don't want in the hotel. Near to the Burj Khalifa and other tourist spots.

you have to explain every stuff about anything if you made an update! I was wondering if they don't have a system to check, the only thought about it that money is their priority

Bathroom is so small

The hotel so close to metro station so u can go anywhere by metro . There is free shuttle bus take you from the hotel or Dubai mall/ burj khalifa / And return back to hotel . That was so nice .

the drawback of the property is that no guests are allowed no slippers i room was given and water bottle is limited to just two small bottles

The staff pradip was really helpfull

The only downside i had is how on earth there is no SAFE inside the closet to keep valuable things in it ? i was literally waiting for this and i didn't find it anyway inside the room.

Well everything actually works great, cause first i had the Event in the same area of the Hotel, so it was easy to access everything. Metro is very Near. Breakfast was awesome i loved it and the staff are very friendly The place is very calm no much noise around the place and that was amazing to me at least. Bed is cool, the Bathroom is a little bit small but it's fine wasn't bothered of it.

Price is higher on the weekends. Scalding hot in the shower. And it was leaking.

Great value and location. We had a broken fridge but maintenance came in quickly and replaced it. Nice staff. You get what u pay for

The bed was uncomfortable The shower wasn’t working probably The phone wasn’t working so I couldn’t call someone to come fix it Theres no parking in the hotel which was my bad but!!! There’s parking across the highway through a construction site and you park your car next to heavy machinery, and the guys at the front desk very happily tell you sorry we dont have a valet service and when I asked could someone at least come give me a ride at to and from the parking and they just said sorry we cant,,,, Its really overpriced for what you get,,,, the ibis one is priced the same but you get much more, I actually was planning to book the ibis one but by mistake i booked in the Ibis WTS And I almost forgot they gave me a room for handicapped people with out putting any special request from my side,,,, was bad really bad

the rooms are super tiny. The TV is very small from the very old time. the place is noisy although I requested a quiet room and the hotel was not busy but the room i got was near all the machines. The food menu is poor and the price are high.

The staff were helpful and nice

the service to slow the reception some how make me feel uncomfortable the solution to parking my car far away from the hotel at least 2 kM and i was coming to the hotel late and so tired .

They are charging for room slippers which are normally free in other hotels. Dental kit is not readily available in the room; you have to request and go down in the reception to get it.

The location is good, it is very near to the metro station.

the staff is so rude and are not helpful at all. The directions to hotel & parking is so confusing i had to roam around the area for an hour just to park my car because the STAFF were behaving like they just landed from mars and dont know anything. i had to park my car in IBIS one central parking. Washroom was so small its hard to fit into it that. early in the morning when i called the reception for a Panadol (i had headache) they rudely told me to come down and buy it from the pharmacy in exhibition halls. seriously? who does that? they didnt had Panadol or couldnt ask someone to bring it for the guest?

Nothing, was a horrible experience first time with IBIS. i used to stay in IBIS around dubai but this one was horrible.

There was a problem with the hot water in the bathroom- was scalding hot- no cold available. I spoke to reception who sent somebody up immediately, and he fixed it. The bathroom was a little shabby (but clean)

Check in was smooth and staff were very friendly. I arrived early so they kept my case whilst I went off to explore (they later brought it up to my room). Hotel is in great location near to train line and restaurants. The bed was comfortable and the air con worked well.

Hated the decor of the rooms, bathrooms as well. The place is very outdated. Also, new furniture is needed as well as new lighting for the rooms. Also why in earth would you not have room service!? Just awful. I checked out a day before just to get away from this place.

Bed was comfortable.

The receptionist were slow and not professional. Nothing to watch on the tv. The fridge didn’t work. There were no spoons for the tea or coffee.

It was connected to the Dubai world trade centre.

The AC was quite warm unless it was kept on the coldest setting the whole time. The curtain had large gaps that let in street light at night and sunlight in early morning. The sink kept getting flooded as if clogged. The TV is hilariously small.

The location was excellent as it is close by to the nearby convention center with plenty of services nearby. The staff were polite and helpful. Check in and Check out were smooth.

• Standard Twin Room

There was no valet parking at the hotel , you need to take it to their other hotel and park it there and you need to take your own bags to your room without any help from them

It was close to comic con

they don't have valet parking service, you have to drive to the other ibis which is around 2 min driving then walk for 200m back to your hotel everytime

I booked a Studio and the studio was so tiny. I have booked many hotels and this was the worst. The room does not even have basic things like a tissue box etc. The walls were made of cardboard and i could literally hear people talking in the next room.

Nothing here

Again the front office staff and and the service was super!! the location very convenient 5 minute walk from the Metro station and in this price we were allowed to use Gym and swimming Pool of adjacent Novotel hotel. I would highly recommend Calia at the front desk as she was very cooperative

The Ibis World Trade Center is basically the same as camping. On arrival I was given someone else room, then they had no parking and I had to park my car at another Ibis around the corner. The room looks tired. I will not stay there again.

The location is great.

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms were clean but generally a bit timeworn - staff was friendly however.

Good location right at Dubai WTC and a metro stop and some restaurants close by.

The shower in the room was dreadful, the temperature of it was so hot that it burnt. If you turned off the hot water and just had cold there was just a dribble and impossible to clean yourself. I did ask the reception to have someone look at it but the problem was not solved When the room was cleaned there were no spoons left to make a coffee / tea with and this happened on both days The breakfast was poor, the croissants were rock hard on both days

The Wi-Fi was good

Small room) before hotel where I’m stay have big room, +bath, there just shower. Shower+closet one room. And first 2 day floor in restroom all in water. And breakfast not included

Almost Center. Metropolitan near. Nice cafe in are. Exhibition next door. Comfortable lobby.

Breakfast nothing special

Very clean & comfortable. Parking (valet) available at nearby Ibis Hotel. Staff were very pleasant, room was comfortable. Excellent value for money.

It was a great experience from check in till the room and the stay!!!The receptionist Calia was really very helpful and accomdated special request of holding my luggage for a day!!!

There is no parking area. You need to go to the other ibis and park there then walk for 3 minutes ibid world trade center. I will never come again because there are hotel w/ same price and better value :(

The bed was comfortable

• Standard Twin Room

After having paid for the room 1 month ago, I arrived at 01:00 after midnight and was told by a front desk lady “sorry there is no available room, the only choice you have is to move to the other nearby Ibis hotel for one night and tomorrow you’ll move back here”. They denied to move me to another hotel and denied to refund my money so I would move to any other hotel, apart from their Ibis one!! Completely unprofessional approach. After having spent 1 hour in the phone with a Booking.con operator they accepted to offer me free breakfast. Bad experience...

The rooms are a bit small especially the bathrooms. You feel suffocated and the level of cleanliness wasn't really up to par. The vending machine on our floor wasn't working so had to go to other floors to look for one. Apart from that the stay was okay and the reception staff was nice.

After I finished using the toilet and flushed it, a piece of excrement flew off out the toilet bowl on to the floor!! The rest is history. Of course I cleaned. And after that the few passages of bowel excreta I had, I put the lid down. Yes lo and behold water from the bottom flew up again but this time without the souvenir.

View from the window was entertaining. There were people coming and going from and into the World Trade Center. I was able to control the amount of light with the black-out blinds and sleep in.

Considering it is a hotel in a business related area, the wifi is horrifying!!

The staff were great! Very accommodating, every morning and evening they always greet.

The guy from the receptionist has sweaty armpits because the temperature in the lobby was too hot. I had to wait for 5 minutes in the lobby because Booking.com didn't confirm my booking yet even though I already booked it online. Anyway, the receptionist assisted me well.

The bed was comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff are rude and need to be groomed on how to speak to clients. This applies to all IBIS hotels. I have stayed in more than 3. My room didn't have soap for washing hands at the sink. No complementary breakfast. Why? In some IBIS there is no water, i repeat WATER in the rooms. Like why. It literally costs nothing to put water. 😥.

Honestly, just the room. Location.

The policy and the regulations of the management doesn't allowed the guests to have friends and the room is very small.

Good and respectful and fully active,the location of the hotel is very important.

Rude staff on check in who mocked how much I paid for the stay even stating if I booked it today it would have been over half the price. Upon check out I was informed I had agreed to breakfast which I was not aware of. This was not included in the rate I booked therefore we did not eat breakfast once yet they still charged us. The receptionist agreed to refund this and an email would be sent. As soon as we returned home I received an email to say they would NOT refund. Extremely unhappy with this stay and will be taking this further with the hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms could have been a bit bigger. A bit tight for walking when you put 2 large suitcases in a standard double room.

Amazing location for exploring Downtown Dubai and a very convenient location for a metro connection. Rooms are clean, bright and airy and have everyting needed for a short stay.

No parking zone to unload or load your suit cases No room service Rooms too small Far access to parking

Walking distance to World Trade Center Nice layout at hall entry

The staff in the restaurant were we ate breakfast. My husbnad ask about cold milk to the waiter and he replied go there and get for your self.. very rude...

The shower is strong

make sure that the room is ready to check-in and be informative. In addition, make sure that the guest would be satisfied with the amount that they paid regardless of the room category that we've been booked.

First of all, upon arrival they have informed me the reception,that they will charge me if I cancelled my reservation. However, I do understand coz the booking reservation is non-refundable. But to be frank, we all know that once you received the booking reservation of the guests, your reservation dept. of F.O. will try to charge the amount on the credit card for you to know if it's valid or not. One more thing, I just said ok. But the moment I have checked-in in the room, the carpet is terrible, very dirty, As if there's no HK cleaned the room.

The receptionist name Pascalia. She was rude. 1st attemp to my debit card, she told me it was not working. I told her its working as i just used it earlier for purchasing. 2nd attempt, i tried to insert it on the machine. So i told her if we can use another credit card machine. She said they have only 1. Next attempt, it was working. So I told her "I told you its working". Then she replied " Mam, dont make drama.... dont show me that attitude." So i was surprised for the way she speaks and her facial expression. I told her, Im not making drama, you can't just tell me that its not working. you should try it again. and show me that attitude also. i was angry on her as she was arguing with me also. so i just told her, enough, just finish it. She didnt even say sorry for her mistake. She tooks time a lot. And i requested for a smoking room, she gave me a non-smoking room, with a very bad view. I think that was back side of the hotel.

- They have to find a practical solution for the parking problem. It is really strange to have a hotel in Dubai without a parking facility. The solutions offered were too expensive. - There was a continuous noise (like a fire alarm) from the adjacent building and no one tried to stop it.

Clean.

No slippers; Requested room with city view was not provided; Staff never provided update on the electric plug adaptor that we've requested

Bed was comfy; surrounding was quite; room was neat; Filipino chef was very friendly and accommodating; vendo machine near the rooms

• Standard Twin Room

The front desk worker Islam was amazing! He was so nice and accommodated me by letting me check in a little early since I was early to arrive and exhausted.

Low standard of room facilities. For the room rate, rooms are very small, lack of decent cupboards for clothing storage, bathroom facilities very small & tight

Its perfect location next to Dubai World Trade Center. Very easy for conferences, shows, exhibitions.

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms were very dated. I was surprised by that. Also 2 hotels with the same name in the same area. We parked at the wrong one and had to travel across traffic with our bags to get to the correct IBIS. Also the room I booked was not available. I booked 2 twins and they gave us 1 queen.

Breakfast was great, the lobby is nice.

The parking was a little problematic the first day. They should also allow you to take up food from the restaurant to your room.

The hotel was located near all the sites I wanted to visit.

The staff

- It is external difficult to get a hold of the staff if you ever need them. - it seems the staff are all over the place. They are not organized.

No parking, no ventilation in the room, the room is so small that to open medium size suitcase you need to put it on bed . Be aware off rotating door in the lobby 😀.

Good staff, helpful staff.

ALMOST EVERYTHING. But with the following specific details: 1) NO PARKING 2) THE ROOM WAS TOO SMALL WITH NO VENTILATION 3) THERE WAS A BED BUG! VERY DISGUSTING! 4) NO VALUE FOR MONEY - THE ROOM WAS EXPENSIVE EVEN AT A PROMO RATE 5) THE BATHROOM IS VERY POOR - THE WATER IS TOO HOT AND DIFFICULT TO CONTROL; AND THE TOWELS LOOK DIRTY SINCE THE COLORS ARE NO LONGER THAT WHITE. 6) THE A/C IS COLD WHEN INITIALLY TURNED ON, BUT STOPS COOLING DURING MIDNIGHT UNTIL EARLY MORNING WHICH MAKES THE SLEEP VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

The fast check out.

I rented a car but I didn't find a place to park it. I had to go to IBIS (1). It would be great if the IBIS world trade center can support guests with a place to park their rented cars.

The room was clean & tidy. I stayed alone in the room so its space was convenient for me, not that big but was enough and again was satisfying for me. The bed was so comfort and the wide range of the TV channels was awesome. I had access for free to the Novotel world trad center's swimming pool and this was a good experience. The staff are friendly and doing their best to solve issues and problems. The wifi Internet was free and accessible from any location in the hotel. The high speed wifi added to the pleasuure of the browsing. There was a free shuttle bus that drives guests to and from familiar malls, like Dubai Mall, Outlet Mall, Emirates Mall. There was a free shuttle bus to the beach too. There is a shuttle bus that picks guests from airport but I didn't have the chance to try it since I had my own rented car.

having to request extra milk powder for in room tea and coffee....how much does an extra packet of coffee mate cost!!!!!!!

Great location but as with most IBIS hotels it is very functional.

the only note is that no one helped me out carrying my suitcases when i arrived at the hotel

Special thanks to the duty manager Islam. he was so kind and really i would have been in troubles without his help. thank you islam.

• Standard Twin Room

Dont have parking anymore. We asked them for a solution, and finally they allowed us to park in the Ibis next door. Strange smell in the corridors. Very small room for twin beds.

Clean Room, The breakfast was diversified and good quality.

1. Space is very small in the room 2. You have to pay for everything - slippers, toiletries etc 3. No sauna...

The service especially in the restaurant during breakfast

It takes a while before they answer the phone at reception. Hapened twice.

The cleaner in our floor was very helpful, Bryan. The electrician as well was very apologetic when there was a problem with the AC and acted immediately to resolve the issue. Reception also followed up to make sure issue is resolved.

Browse Ibis World Trade Centre traveller photo gallery