Reviews of InterContinental Abu Dhabi 5 stars

King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street , Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#38 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

• Club King Room with Lounge Access and with City View

I wish they have more food options for toddlers

Good customer service, Friendly staff, comfy bed and great location. Also, I like the idea that they have free movie nights and popcorn for kids so they don't get bored during the night.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

While an older hotel on the outside, the interior was thoroughly modern and up to date. Fantastic restaurants to choose from and the over quality was what we would expect from an InterCon.

• Club King Room with Lounge Access with Sea View

Great hotel, stayed in a club room which is a good choice as breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and aperitifs are included. A special mention for the staff in the club lounge who were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times. We loved the Bayshore Beach club which is part of the hotel, not only is there a beach but also a fabulous pool and if you fancy it a gym too. The hotel itself also has a pool and another gym. There are a number of restaurants as part of the complex ranged mainly around the marina which serve a great variety of different cuisines. The Belgian Bar is particularly good for a few drinks outside in the evening and a light meal, they do a great line in mussels in lots of different sauces. We were there in part during Ramadan, there were a few restrictions in place but they didn't impact at all on our enjoyment. All in all had a fab few days and would definitely return.

• Club King Room with Lounge Access and with City View

Looks a bit dated from the outside and beach could be cleaned from seaweeds, but apart from that it was great!

Room was nice, spacious and clean. Club option was great, inclusive of afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks and snacks. Staff was very kind and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Pool and beach were nice.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The rooms are a little tired and need updating, especially the bathrooms in guest rooms.

Very good breakfast offered and the Bayshore beach club was lovely.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Great facilities at a reasonable price. Great location near the beach, restaurants and the Corniche. Reception area and breakfast were also excellent. Staff always friendly, cheerful and helpful.

• Deluxe Suite with Sea View

Breakfast dining room extremely busy so had to wait for a table. The buffet layout. TV screen image quality. Guests allowed to reserve sun loungers.

Separate pool and beach facilities. Various dining options. Marina location and views.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Front desk not very kind, old design, the beach wasnt as I expected: was too small and tight.

Comfortable bed, nice view from our room, good breakfast. Many restaurants in the hotel. Cute marina just in front.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

hotel is excellent by all standards, the reception team are so helpful, the room is great, and service is just amazing hotel has a variety of restaurants providing a variety of excellent food

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I had to contact maintenance twice about the bathroom. I had to also contact housekeeping twice about my room being serviced. It was hard to locate parking while the Marina buffet was going.

Everything else was great as usual.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

first : of all I asked the receptionist when i was checking in to make a late checkout she told me " sorry we are fully book for tommorow & you have to do check out at 12:00 " & she was very rude in her talking way . secound : the room was so smelly & not clean " found some hair in the bathtub & some other things " & the curtains was burned from a cigarettes . Third : a side glass table was not fix probably so if you hit it by mistake it will fall down & broke . fourth : no parking space .

• Deluxe Twin Room

They say they have a 'beach' but it's more like a marina than a beach. The restuarant they have serving breakfast is quite small so you have to wait in line before you can get in to eat and once you are in it is a fairly tight fit. Live cooking station orders take quite a long time to get to you. Didn't like that.

The hotel is good. Helps to have the belgian beer cafe in the premises. The pool bar is brilliant.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Perhaps we were unlucky and it was a particularly busy weekend but the car parking was very poor. There was not enough spaces and people were abandoning vehicles on the paths and gardens at the front of the property. The desk staff recommended that we use valet parking, therefore I assume there is additional car parking at the property.

The fitness centre was well appointed and had a fantastic view over the marina and out to sea. There were plenty of taxis available at the property so no delay when going out, although there were also plenty of restaurants and bars should you choose to remain in the hotel.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

There are no shops or cafes to wander around outside the hotel. A shuttle bus is available to take guests to the local mall if you wish. Plenty of shops, restaurants and cafes there.

The hotel had a nice pool surrounded by grass and trees leading to a beautiful sandy beach. Very relaxing in the hot climate. Great for kids.The staff were very friendly and always ready to fulfil our needs.

• Deluxe Twin Room

It would have been nice to have breakfast on the day we arrived as we got there about 7am, it would have been a really nice touch...

Connecting rooms so it was like we had one big room!

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

the beach area a little shabby but understand keeping beds etc to a high standard in the fierce heat is a problem.

bed very large and comfortable, pillows etc good quality. great choice at breakfast, food well displayed and good quality, plenty of fruit yoghurt. partner had cooked option which he enjoyed. every staff member worked in a professional manner and all were very helpful. we were contacted by the hotel to ask if we wanted the all inclusive option, and we opted for this. the choices even though limited in the italian, beach bar and lebanese resturants were fine as we were only there for 5 days. overall the lebanese was my favorite. room cleaning very good and aircon effective correct temp

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

The vallet staff. My car is lowered and it hitted the humps cause the driver who took my car didn't slow down and took care of my car. bottom cover cracked.☹

The amenities, specially the jacuzzi. And the breakfast.

• Club King Room with Lounge Access with Sea View

Stayed club room with access to lounge which was very nice with goid food and fabulous views. However they really need to relax their ridiculous dress code rules during the day time, it definitely makes for a rather pretension atmosphere not at all relaxing . Disappointing

Location amazing hotel itself very clean and comfortable. Very good breakfast and they provided birthday cake and a bottle of wine in our room

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Not helpful with late check out, although 2 rooms were booked. and low number of staff managing the check in/out desk.

Location, amenities and service

• Deluxe King Room with City View

AC in room was too warm, technician came in middle of night to fix it but did not have a good sleep because of this.

Beautiful hotel, looks to be refurbished.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Delay in check in procedures (it took 45 minutes to find room, but they give us access to the restaurant to have snacks and drinks), the hotel needs renovation as the furniture and interiors looks old

- Location, beach with big capacity, comfortable bed, nice restaurants

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The wifi was miserable. I should probably say that it just didn't exist. It was impossible to get any kind of signal in the room, so I had to constantly come down to the lobby to do emailing and get work done. This was extremely upsetting, as I was dealing with far time zones, and I wanted to be in the comfort of my room. But no. I just had to get out of my pajamas, get dressed, go to the lobby, get work done, go to the room, get pajamas on, repeat. I was raging the whole time, as it went like this through the only night I stayed at the hotel. The staff said they'll renovate the network. I won't book this hotel again, as I needed to but couldn't work as efficiently as I typically do.

Apart from internet, the hotel delivers what you expect for the price.

• Club King Room with Lounge Access with Sea View

Food was tasteless, room was not as clean as a 5 star hotel, bed was not comfortable as many of 5 star hotel I went, bedroom shades is worst couldn't sleep and broken, bathroom hose was broken and it was leaking water which I had to use living room bathroom every day

Staff were amazing, reception was great, valet parking saved a lot of my time since I came for business and its free, Location of the hotel was near perfect since I wished my sea view not a marina view

• Deluxe Twin Room

beach is far and not pure furniture needs renovation landscape areas to be increased restaurant capacity to be increased

breakfast is good TV channels list staff near to marina mall and cornich

• Deluxe King Room with City View

too noisy as were facing the road view. Restaurants price are so expensive.

The hotel were so kind to give us an upgrade. Yayy for the facilities,beach and pool area was really great, staff are so accommodating.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Atmosphere around the pool was very boring (no music, very few people at the bar). The 'beach club' was similar - very family-orientated, no music (when we were there at least) and bar closed at sunset.

Easy check-in process, car was valeted quickly and professionally and bags were taken straight to the room. Room was spacious and comfortable, with a large bathroom and good shower. Room service was very quick. Had a great dinner at Byblos and drinks at Belgian Cafe

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

I like the room facilities and tidiness. The bed wide and extra comfort. The view of the sea, More important more choices of food in the different restaurants. The breakfast is fully nutritive and up to the hygienic standards

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Rooms are getting a bit tired, and shower filled up with water...

The pool and outdoor area was excellent, the variety and quality of restaurants great! Fantastic location.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Unfortunately in front of the beach is an construction area, it’s not that bothersome, but you don’t have a nice view.

Bed, breakfast were good and the restaurants in front of the hotel were really nice. Beach area is good constructed

• Deluxe Twin Room

Towels in the room where inconsistent, we had 3 people in one room and some days we only had 2 large towels. Reception sent up more towels straight away. The food was quite expensive compared to other places we ate at in Abu Dhabi, they add on a tourism tax, a different type of tax(which I can’t remember), vat and service charge. The food was delicious though!

Staff were amazing and couldn’t do enough for us, comfy beds & pillow menu. The food in all the restaurants was really good. We spent most of our time at the pool and beach which was lovely, plenty of beds to choose from. Amazing place we would definitely come back here again.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

After being in Sri Lanka everything seemed so Expensive. Once there they offer you the option of AI which tbh is prob your best option.

We took our time choosing this hotel and it paid off. Room was very comfortable, the two pools were great and it even had its own little beach

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

We had an issue with the knob of our sink falling off and I had to call twice to get it fixed. Our daughter did not like the extra bed they brought for her so my husband ended up sleeping on it. The view from our room was not great and the beach has a not great view. Cars were honking outside at night because we were facing the front entrance.

Loved the breakfast and the bed comfort. Staff were amazing, best service I have received anywhere (so eager to help and did so with finesse and expertise). Restaurants are outstanding. Beach area, pools and playground are fantastic. They sent me up a cake because I was celebrating my birthday, and that was nice.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

we booked 2 rooms; they mixed up the names and wanted to charge us twice for the same room.

luxurious; great view; cleanliness; location. Good breakfast. Thanks to Mr. Moataz Aziz from Front Office & Guest Relations for dealing with the problem of mixing up our rooms.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

I didn’t like that I had booked a room for 1 adult and 1 16 yo yet when I checked in they wanted to charge me extra as a 16yo is classified an Adult! That was very poor service from booking.com

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The room was very dirty , they didn't change the towels , we found used towel with somebody's hair in the bathroom , i had a fight with the room service , it was disgusting

• Deluxe Twin Room

at the friday brunch they could have had some activities for the kids...ballons ... we asked for the baby coat at the time of booking , and we had to follow up with the house keeping untill 8 pm, when they came with the baby coat. its recomended that its better to say to the guests that you dont have one available instead of us calling every half hour to hear the same answer .

location is nice, room was good ,food at chamas ,nice party athmosphere afternoon at the belgian caffee.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The room is a bit old and noisy at times.

The facilities, pools, sauna, steam room, the beach. Huge gym. Great restaurants (we really liked the Belgium Caffe).

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Breakfast is very crowded Bed desperately needed replacing Wi-fi frustratingly intermittent Tinned tuna in the Nicoise salad at Bayshore

Good location Nice beach club Well-equipped fitness club Charming staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

Restaurants over priced , especially the Fishmarket where if you are not carefull they will try to oversell more quantity than needed at prices way above the normal pricing . They use a sistem that tricks the client and leaves it with a bill that surpasses any acceptable amount.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Excellent breakfast, staff efficient, specially for the breakfast, spa is fantastic with very cold water and hot steam and sauna, it is quite rare to get this quality of cold/hot. Good location to be out of the town, near the boats.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Need it th fix on AC and it is very hard about the lamp and which is not good and restroom which was put where the off or in high to the restrooms

• Deluxe Twin Room

The kindness of the staff was super. Especially at the reception.Miss Gregoria was very professional and helpful al the way. Always with a smile. Thank you Gregoria. You made are holiday special!

• Club King Room with Lounge Access and with City View

THe service is much worse recently than in the last 5 years - indian staff have taken over from those from the philippines and they simply do not understand english. There were many maintenance issues in the room -- a/c barely worked and then was so cold I had to turn it off. The Inter's restaurants and facilities are great - but the rooms are old, TV's old and service very poor

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

There was no informal cafe area with snack meals available .

The room and facilities were 1st class , great selection of restaurants in the hotel ? Pool area and pool service very good .

• Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

Housekeeping was less than adequate .. have to call housekeeping again .. however it might be an anomaly ..

Clean .. Good location .. staff are friendly and welcoming ..

watersports were a bit expensive

staff were exceptional, the bayshore beach club was fantastic ronnie and sachin at the beach bar made you feel like a regular

• Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

The staff at the breakfast are not the best. They don't really deliver. Our eggs were always not cooked as we liked them to be. The staff also don't see if we have napkins or some missing cutlery. We were there for 4 breakfasts and the horseradish cream is always missing. One manager (taller guy than the other manager) promised my husband that "It will be there tomorrow, Sir, i will make sure". Voila, of course, it wasn't there & this person was also off. Great customer service. The Circo Restaurant is also not a real Italian restaurant. They serve Alfredo, very authentic (sarcastic). The lasagna was hard as a rock. Belgian Beer Cafe as well serves a very oily schnitzel. Chamas Restaurant tops the list probably. Me & my husband ate there for NY Eve and they TRIED to overcharge us. Bill is supposed to be AED 545++ per person but there was one charge of around AED 600+ that was on the bill. Uhm, sorry but unlike others probably, i always check everything thoroughly so i pointed it out to them. They apologized & came up with some lame excuse & then gave us the correct bill. Well, I didn't even bother to fight with them. These kind of people are just not worth it.

Housekeeping was always good. The check-in & out was easy.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The rooms are old and dated. Our first room had AC and bathroom problems. Our second room had noise issues from the adjoining rooms. The breakfast spread was well below par for a restaurant of this stature.

The staff were helpful as they had to change our rooms 3 times due to a number of issues.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

checkin was from 2pm. we eventually got our room at 5.30pm!! then our bags were not delivered to the room, even after repeated asking. I actually had to go down to the lobby and retrieve myself!

room, pool and beach were lovely

• Deluxe Twin Room

City view has some construction , Sea view is very good

Quality is very good on everything , rooms swimming pool , very hight quality of food and excellent managers , very good coffee machine in the deluxe king room sea view

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

*The staff and place for breakfast were not enough *There was a clear cheating in weighing the fish in fish market restaurant!!

Location, money value specially after adding all inclusive option, the beach and facilities.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Old rooms Bathrooms need serious renovation Breakfast was a mess as they were fully booked and couldn't accomodate to the demand Options were limited Bath robes and towels were old Carpet had stains A long walk from the hotel to the beach club without a club cart Food at the beach club was disappointing

Rooms were big Beachclub is amazing

• Club King Room with Lounge Access and with City View

The hallway to the guest rooms was dimly lit. I bought an item in the hotel gift shop that was extremely overpriced. I recommend going to the nearby malls for any shopping. I was given a voucher to have 3 items pressed. Two items were lost and after arguing with laundry staff, they arrived to the room. In addition, when the items were delivered, they were accompanied by a bill. When I spoke with the front desk staff, I was told only 1 item was covered by the voucher. The card did not specify which clothing items qualify for pressing so I would not recommend this service. House keeping did a great job cleaning the room.

The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has large ballrooms for hosting conferences, seminars and other events. The swimming pool was very clean and well maintained. The stay included breakfast which I highly recommend.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The pillows and the bed were so comfortable and the restaurants were brilliant. The staff were very helpful. I really like being able to walk around to the Bayshore and the fantastic pool. I have stayed here before and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

If it was possible we would like to give more than 10 points! Amazing hotel with great service and lovely staff. Beach club was the highlight of our all vacation. Highly recommended :)

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Most uncomfortable bed and pillows I have ever experienced. They need to renew them as they are ruined by over usage. Considering how much you are paying, you are expecting a far better experience when sleeping.

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Construction going on just opposite the beach, you can see dust and hear noise. It is more quiet at the pool, but very crowded. Service poor at times, I was completely ignored for long time sitting at my table (sometimes I just walked out and went outside hotel where my money was accepted), while couples were warmly welcomed. Poor service will not make me come back at this hotel. It needs to be seriously improved.

Nice size room, comfortable, clean. Good breakfast buffet. Nice beach, could always find a spot to lie down. Amazing massages at the spa!

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The Bayshore beach club which is part of the hotel is amazing! We loved it and very good for young children. Our 2 year old didn't want to leave each day.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Bed was soft, worn and stained with a hole. Remote had flat batteries. Circo inclusive menu was poor, given the choice I’d have paid for the normal menu.

Chamas restaurant was excellent with an attentive barman in the upstairs bar. Beach and pool facilities were all good.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very rude staff at the breakfast

Great location and very good hotel but I didn’t like the bathrooms particularly, shower was broken and faucet was not working. Really liked the Circo restaurant they have amazing pizza’s and pasta’s. The breakfast spread was normal and the staff really need to handle the crowd efficiently

• Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

beach area is not attractive, small and water is stagnant because area is limited. no waves, not a dynamic sea. hotel is old. needs refurbishment

the price is reasonable the location is very good

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

I was expecting a more luxurious room and a better beach

Breakfast was very good room and cleanliness and facilities were very good also location is excellent

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The intrusive music by the swimming pool; I don't need music imposed on me by the pool, just let us relax, sleep, read, eat, drink, swim.

Friendly. Relaxed. Nice room. Private beach. Reasonable price. Food and beverage deal. Belgium Beer Cafe

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Most restaurants are really above average in terms of cost but nice and cozy

The helpful staff like Manny and Jef Egdani. Also appreciate giving us early check in and late check out at the reception.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

There's always extra stuff :extra pillow, extra bed, extra slippers, free cold water at the pool area, etc, And everybody's so accommodating

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

The meals provided by room service were not as expected. The potatos were from a box and tasted old. Also the service provided by room service staff varied on a daily basis. One day the staff would set up your meal and make sure you were satisfied before they left. The next day the meal was dropped off and I was told the food could be found in the warmer.

Overall the staff was extremely helpful, and I enjoyed the vast selection provided at the breakfast buffet.

check in should be at 2:00 pm . We arrived at 4:30 pm and still our rooms were not ready . Same happen to my friends . the wedding ballroom entrance from hotel lobby to the ballroom is very long . Also, you cannot go to other floor than the one that you are booked. my friends were booked in other floors and I had to go every time to lobby and they should come and pick me so I can go to their room.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I Don't like that guy in black (I think its there supervisor or manger of SELECTION Buffet restaurant in the 3 floor) his one of there staff,his wearing black suit,i think his from indian,I dont know him and also I don't care who he is!..... HE's not polite and his capital R.U.D.E. as in rude and he"s degrading asian guest when he look from head to toe, he didn't great or welcome guest at all, i think his choosing people, I observing him,I saw him talking and cheat chatting with some British guest and after that bunch of asian guest arrived and he didn't even say anything.its totally rude and , and also when I left and finish my breakfast. he didn't bother to say anything and he just look me in the eye like i shouldn't welcome there. But regardless of the rudeness of that staff whos Wearing black Suit,who ever he is!!! I APPLAUSE and i would like to say Thank you to the Chefs and the Food server's, they treat me well..........

IT WAS AMAZING AND FASCINATING Special thank to the One of their FRONT OFFICE STAFF, the TALL BIG FILIPINO GUY ,i don't even know what his name is but I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, his a great and kind filipino receptionist/guest reservation staff. He will trained and a good role model in the front office,i think his the only filipino guy in the Reception Or Front office department because its my second time in that hotel,he is the only and also filipino who facilitate my room reservation when i come in the reception. thanks to Him....AND TO ALL FILIPINOS IN THE HOTEL... you make me proud,filipinos are har working and accommodating person...

• Deluxe Twin Room

The staff was awful, totally inexperienced. If you're looking for a good experience just turn around and go somewhere else. Their staff added a huge quantity of bleach in the jacuzzi at 10:30 AM between people using it. We used the jacuzzi a few minutes later without knowing it. Our swimsuits ended to lose their colours, our skins were burning for 2 days. But the management didn't even call us back to apologize.

Big pool

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

when we go to the jacuzzi pool, the lady receptionist questioning with us, and she was telling that we log -in the room three times, and we are telling to that lady receptionist , so what is the problem,we oocupying 2 rooms with 4 adults that's why we log in three times.

kids enjoy very much with the pools.

Great food for breakfast and very comfortable rooms. Staff were very helpful in meeting the special requests that hadn't been actioned based on our original requests through Booking.com.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Everything is just perfect , the staff , the beach , the pool , the food , the room all are great . Thanks to jeff-rey in the reception for the nice welcoming . I wanted to rate it more than 10

• Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Breakfast staff need more training. They seated us at tables that were not properly laid and were very slow to remove dirty dishes. The coffee served at breakfast was terrible. The staff did not fully inform us of the impact of Ramadan on their out lets and our ability to use the facilities. We were also not informed at booking that there would be noisy construction work going on around the hotel. Had we known we would have booked another hotel. I had to call reception at 12.45 am to complain about some metallic noise going on in or around the hotel. The Intercontinental is one of the oldest hotels in Abu Dhabi and though it has been refurbished it still does not have the "bling" of some of the newer hotels. You

The croissants are not very flakey, in fact none of the pastries at breakfast were flakey..There is a lot of choice for breakfast but if I stay there again I would probably not have the breakfast included. The beds are OK.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

My friends had to wait for their rooms (not their fault) and the staff did not show a level of concern that I thought was acceptable.

The bed was extra comfortable. Room Service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The location was excellent for access to our clients office. The concierge staff were excellent.

Staff on reception were not particularly friendly or helpful either on checkin or checkout. Service for dinner in the Belgium Bar was terrible and had we not either gone to the bar or constantly reminded them we were there we may not have received food at all! The room was very noisy with roadside traffic and the bathroom was in need or repair. Loose panel at rear of toilet meant the system was continually running and shower pressure was terrible. An average stay.

Browse InterContinental Abu Dhabi traveller photo gallery