Reviews of Jumeira Rotana – Dubai 4 stars

2nd December St., Jumeirah, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#208 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Classic King Room

The roomservice are very annoying at the morning also the cleaner entered my room while i was in and breakfast is very expensive

The other staff was awesome and the bar is great

• Classic King Room

Pool sound system needs attention, volume & interference = not good listening

Great location, easy access transport to other areas in Dubai. Brillian Bar with the football on during the Football World Cup. Food excellent.

• Classic King Room

Staff were very helpful and friendly! Rooftop pool was nice and the massage with the Indonesian masseuse was excellent! The room exceeded all expectations with its size. So much space for a 2 week stay.

• Classic King Room

The breakfast though good was not great because the spread was pretty small when you compare to other hotels in this range. The refill of items were slow.

The room was very spacious. Even 3 people could be accomodated comfortably. It was calm and quiet. The location is quite good with several shops and eateries walong distance away though I couldn't explore much due to the hot weather.

• Classic King Room

Food/ drink a little expensive but, as mentioned, I think this is Dubai in general.

Great location, great views. Room spacious and cleanliness good. The bar next door was fun and chilled. A little expensive but I think this is Dubai in general, but the hotel do offer you coupons to use in the bar/ restaurant which we did use. Pool and spa lovely, very relaxing stay. Staff helpful and friendly. Gym good, with great views of the skyline.

• Classic King Room

Be aware, when booking extras, received from the hotel, as they do not include taxes. I ended up paying for early check in, the same amount as per night at booking.

I liked location, the breakfast was great. The room was clean and spacious. Short ride to the airport, beach, Creek.

• Premium King Room

I felt the swiming pool was not up to my expected clean standard

The rooms were well designed and provided Office and Relaxing space without feel cramped. The Hotel door /Lobby personal and reception staff were helpful and obliging. Pub had a great atmosphere and great meals. In all the Hotel was ideal for my stay.

• Classic King Room

None If only beach was near

Staff very friendly welcoming very helpful Excellent service Staff from managers porters kitchen staff to cleaners very helpful freindly welcoming Fairous was very helpful friendly

• Classic King Room

It's a lovely hotel with great staff and super comfy beds. The only thing that wasn't great was the slow service at the pool bar and the fact the pool wasn't very clean. The walls in the rooms are quite soundproof, but the doors aren't, meaning you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the corridors and from others people's rooms.

• Classic Suite

-Cleanliness very low. -Room service has to improve their standard. - staff are very frendly

Staff are friendly, especial thanks to Mofizul ( reception)

• Classic Twin Room

The location was excellent ,very central , easy to get to any part of Dubai . Staff very polite and helpful , taxis easily available . choice of restaurants , cafes and fast food places at walking distance.

• Premium King Room

I had to go to a money exchange so I can pay in AED, as the hotel were giving very low exchange rate for paying by Pound Sterling (GBP).

House keeping staff very friendly, particularly Naveen was very helpful and always asking if everything was ok.

• Classic Twin Room

When me and my partner arrived , front desk there was no smile on their face . When I booked there was no charges showing for tourism service 15dhs per day, when I asked reception he said it was there and was written in very small letter , And many guest get confused and all , if u want to charge then it’s should be mention where other service charges are shown while booking , we were so tierd after traveling from oman, so I ended up the conversation paying room charges , ordered biryani from olive oil restaurant, food was not good , I ordered only biryani . Wash room door was so hard to close n making loud noise room#212 .

Only thing I liked is Housekeeping , liked the Valentine’s Day bed decor . Room was spacious, other restaurant are close by .

• Classic Twin Room

I was propositioned twice by prostitutes in the Boston Bar. I also, as a non smoker I didn't like the smoking in the Bodton Bar. The bar staff however were wonderful very friendly.

The location was perfect for all the sites no matter whst direction you tracelled - City, La Mer, jBR etc.

• Classic King Room

the view is somehow not nice. swimming area a bit small . But generally good

the upgrade the receptionist gave me .. she was super helpful. I think she was from India , sorry that i fogot her name but was absolutely nice suite she gave me . close to the beach . . price for value

• Classic King Room

Very welcoming staff Very good breakfast Very well located Very clean Staff very friendly Comfortable Good internet Very cozy Great views to the Dubai skyline

• Classic Twin Room

-Breakfast had limited options no orders and the place is very crowded and smelly. -the air conditioner in the room was noisy we had to ask them to fix it. -beds and pillow are not compfy. -noise from lobby every morning we can hear housekeeprs are vaccuming.

location was ok close to Jumirah amd down town although the hotel is located at the back of the street it's hard to find a limo

• Premium Twin Room

I loved everything although a little bit of spicy sauce/stew for the rice served in the restaurant/dinning can go a long way for other nationales to enjoy..as I couldn't enjoy most of their foods.

I loved the welcoming smiles of the staffs..I loved the cleaners of the bedroom,Inshad and Alfie made sure the room was always in order.Thank you once more to all staff and management.

• Classic King Room

The toiletries are not enough. We booked for 2 persons but then only 1 slippers, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 body wash gel, 1 lotion, 1 soap, 1 mouthwash, 1 shaving kit, 1 vanity kit and 1 dental kit. You guys should put 2 because we booked for 2 persons. Next time just kindly double check the toiletries of the room first before you allow the guest to go up their room. Thank you!

Best room ever! So spacious! Love the bed and the rotatable TV!

• Premium King Room

I was placed in a smocking floor, the reception did asked me if I'm a smoker or not, also he did not consider that i have 10 months old infant with me.

The Hotel was very clean, the location is good.

• Classic King Room

We had a 16 month old baby, at the time of check in we requested a baby cot and was told it would be send in the room in 15 minutes.. it never came at all..

Hotter tea at breakfast.

The room was spacious, the bathroom was clean. Breakfast was good a wide variety to choose from. The staff were polite and attentive. Rooms were cleaned everyday.

• Classic Twin Room

They didn't put a new shower cap for me, they didn't change the towels even though we put them on the floor. Cars park outside and it rained my car got dirty.olive oil restaurant too expensive, the baffet was way too much and not a lot of food for selection.

The staff was friendly and made our stay easier.

• Premium King Room

Lovely hotel with rooftop pool just 15 minutes from the airport. A good choice of restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. It is also just a 15/20 minute walk from the new beachfront area La Mer. Having stayed here before we were certainly not disappointed this time and had a fabulous stay.

• Classic King Room

The rooms where very clean comfortable fresh bedding daily The staff at the pool where exceptionally helpful The reception where the same nothing was to much trouble always welcomed with friendly smile & exceptional manners

• Classic King Room

No view on the room.. We were facing to a residential building facing us.. Also again we tought we were in Bur Dubai downtown area but were in the district area. So traveling every day to the area we needed to go was traffic jam problem and far..

• Premium King Room

Breakfasts use to be in the restarant on the top floor. The choice was in my opinion better and a cook was available to cook eggs of youre choice. Additinally the view was great and made the atmosphrere peace full and specail. Now the breakfast area has no specail appeal.

I like the fact that it is a small hotel and the staff made it homely.

• Classic Twin Room

View not good Not easy to find the location and to get ataxi Health club not good

WiFi is good also breakfast Room is clean and big , feel comfortable

• Classic King Room

Pool they said is temperature regulated but when we dived in it was still cold and my son (5 month old) cried cause he's freezing.. Non smoking signs in the hallway but still smelly.. Room is gloomy and some lights not working..

Valet parking +++ We booked 1 double bed and 1 twin bed but they gave us 2 twin bed which according to the receptionist the other room was upgraded (though the only difference was outside view).. Their twin bed is like queen size, bigger than the usual.. Extra bedspace means extra comfy while sleeping too.. Each room is equipped with sofa and lazy boy chair.. Their L'Occitane toiletries a must love! You just have to ask for slippers, robe and toiletries as the bathroom was empty when we arrived.. We availed the breakfast, nothing special (fruits, salad, cold cuts, pancake, croissant, omelette and indian dish).. We requested for late check out (Genius perks) they allowed only for 1 room because its weekend.. Otherwise our overall stay was 3 out 5☆

• Classic King Room

The experience was great. I thoroughly enjoyed everything. My girlfriend actually left some clothing in the closet, and the hotel was able to find it, and hold it until I could get there to pick it up. I was grateful for that!

• Classic King Room

On behalf of our company staff who have been staying at this hotel for 5days, we thank all the hotel's staff for their outstanding service, We also thank Mr. Mohamed Mohsen at the Reception for hospitality and the kind service.

• Classic King Room

The life guard should have equal treatment to all guests. He did not allow me and my friends to smoke in pool side area but he allowed the other nationality to do it.

Our stay is good, the room is clean and staff are nice. Though we did not try the food yet. We may come back to try it.

What did I like?

I don't know how this hotel is rated 4star. The room had to be lit up by lamps so it was the same light day and night and it was really off putting to work in that environment. Staff moved me to a room that I think was done to teach me a lesson and then I moved back to my cave. I couldn't open the curtains as the building next to it was 5m away and had lots of people living. Overall very disappointed and would seriously ask questions on the rating system.

• Classic Twin Room

Worst 20 days ever It's really BAD!! hotel I will not recommend it for anybody to stay in this hotel they take way too long to serve you. I had to call them more then 5 times to answer and most of the time they ignore you.

Nothing!!

• Classic Twin Room

The reception staff were bad. didnt even smile or greet us. breakfast was awful no variety at all. Room was`nt sound proofed.. house keeping staff were very noisy.

Thw room size

• Classic King Room

the bathrooms have some odd odour..maybe the pipes or sewage needs fixing

spacious clean room, friendly and helpful front desk staff quick check in and check out. Muhammad waqas at front desk was professional and helpful

• Classic King Room

I had a bitter experience staying there.. my stay in UAE was for 4 nights but I hadn't to cut short the stay in rotana to just one night because the receptionist there(Mr. Remy- not sure about the name, was a white Arab though) was extremely rude. I have stayed in Rotana many times but an experience of such kind was a first. I hope you take appropriate action against the staff so that your future guests won't get affected the way I got affected.

• Classic King Room

The staff was not helpful, but ok. Not clean, especially the halls. Very bad rooms view. Bad breakfast. No actual parking, it's an empty land near the hotel. requested a non-smokers room but got a somkers smelly bad room.

Nice location if you're traveling for business.

• Classic King Room

The bald guy at reception could not give a printout of my bill and said the printer is not working after making me wait a long time. He said he will mail me the bill. Till now he has not done it. Very poor service at reception. Hated it

• Classic King Room

The location is all the way at the end of Jumeirah, closer to an area that doesn't offer much for tourists. Prefer to be closer to inner city or beaches. We extended the stay on booking.com because the hotel offered the same room on the dates at a higher price and refused to price match...

Bedrooms were larger than usual rooms, bathrooms clean and large also. The Boston bar in the lobby was ok, they had a DJ playing hip hop tunes at night.

• Classic King Room

Room service is not good. I call to bring drink water at night. But room boy bring whisky. I think he also drunk condition. View from room is not good. Away from metro station. Outside hotel food ordered.

Provide transport to beach good. I like it.

• Classic Twin Room

I like nothing about this hotel. I had bad experience and I am not going to deal with booking.com again. I will advise my friends and family to make reservations through different agents and sites

I like nothing. The pictures in booking.com do not reflect the reality

• Classic King Room

The price was very high compared to comfort, the service was very slow, our special request was not catered when we arrived it took hours for them to make the arrangements.

The only thing I like about this Hotel was the size of the room , breakfast and parking facility.

• Classic King Room

Breakfast and staff service was off the scale (12 out of 10). I had travel complications and they stayed clam with me, made me feel as if they wanted to share my burdens and it just felt incredibly at home - 4,000 miles away.

Housekeeping needs to be improved. Had to call them more than once and wait more than an hour until they deliver. A smile and an apology would have been appreciated

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. We liked the variety and quality of the breakfast. Hotel location was very good

• Classic King Room

when we just arrived the receptionist and other staff wish to my husband a very happy birthday!! They have been notified already and surprized my husband on the right time!..and the guy who took us to our room was very kind and helpful 👍, also the complementary cake that we received when we arrived to our room..i love their work!👌

• Classic King Room

Booked for a Room with king bed which was confirmed at the time of booking, ended up with twin bed in an upgraded room. Restaurant supposed to open 6.30am for breakfast, the staff were in no rush to stick to this timing and didn't open until 6.40am.

Did not get the adjoining room as per my request and hence my children were located the other side of the corridor. Sofa in the room was aged.

had booked an adjoining room , but when I received at the property found that I had not be allocated adjoining room to my children. advertised room has shown 2 adults plus 1 child , on arrival I was requested to be pay additional for my child. I should have been informed that adjoining room facility was not available in advance.

• Classic King Room

The bed was very stiff and surely very uncomfortable. WIFI is there just to be there... Items inside the minibar are too expensive.

The location of the hotel is nice, where you are very close to the heart of Dubai (WTC, Downtown, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall) and right in the Jumeirah Luxury life. The staff was very helpful. Special thanks to Nova who upgraded us to the next category not trying to be smart and upsell (otherwise I would hate it considering the low demand, occupancy and therefore availability in the whole UAE market) and also Asham who took the time to help us with the WIFI connection.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Classic King Room

My room had a shower, but I prefer a bath as well

The location of the hotel was very convenient for my work. It is also close to good shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Classic King Room

Smoking policy. General wear-and-tear maintenance at low level. Hotel did not meet my Rotana hotel expectations.

Good Steak Night buffet dinner. Friendly concierge service.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Classic King Room

Location not great if visiting Dubai for the key locations. Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall are relatively close, but all other attractions around JBR and Marina are a long taxi ride away.

Clean hotel with large rooms, good links to the World Trade Centre and financial districts. Short transfer from the airport. Supermarket a short walk away in the local mall.

• Classic King Room

Due to the location it can be difficult to pick up a large 7 seater Taxi however this wasn't a big deal as the staff were more than happy to help.

The majority of the staff were friendly. Special mentions go to Arnell whom I would describe as a Hospitality Professional. Although 1 of the 4 rooms we had orginally been placed in was a Smoking room, we are non-smokers by the way, Arnell was able to quickly rectify this upon request. He was also able to make my mothers birthday extra special by helping us organise a surprise cake and all in all every interaction I had with Arnell was positive. In addition to Arnell, Mofizul whom we met during the transit ride to Kite Beach was friendly and made our transits highly enjoyable with his upbeat personality and suggestions for activities. If it wasn't for these gentlemen, my family's stay at this Hotel would't have been as good as it was.

• Classic Twin Room

The pub , the Boston in the hotel has smoking allowed in it , which wasn't nice

The food was brilliant , the staff are wonderful , couldn't do enough for you . So friendly decor up to date

• Classic Twin Room

Breakfast service and options and staff were all poor. I waited 30 mins for an omelette and then she served cold and didn't ask what I wanted in it just walked off.

Room size and location and bed size and clean

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Classic King Room

The location of the property gives you a mix of tourist dubai and traditional dubai Access to shops and cafes are in walking distance as in round the corner and your there The city is a five minute drive The beach is a brisk walk or 5 minutes in car or taxi Taxi would cost 5-10 and depending which part you want to go to the start of the twenty mile promenade with life guards every km Food is amazing locally you can spend between 10 aed and 1000 aed and I mean you could put the 10 aed meal on a plate at the burj and you would pay the burj price don't be put off by where the food is located it's fantastic Overall you can really rate this hotel for area facilities breakfasts pool and service

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Classic King Room

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel. If you don't have breakfast at the hotel, there are not many options nearby, so keep that in mind. The gym is small; if there are more than two using the gym you will likely have to wait for equipment. Traffic going into and out of the immediate area can be a hassle at times. Wifi login didn't work and everyone had to be logged in manually by the hotel staff. The neighborhood isn't bad, but there is nothing special about the place either.

The hotel is in a part of town that isn't too far from the large malls and shops. There are many local restaurants, a convenience store and a pharmacy within a 3-minute walk of the premises. The Boston's bar has a decent happy hour. It's a good place for a starter drink or two, but I don't recommend you stay there long. The staff in the bar are friendly, but there are many other places to visit that have more to offer. Overall, it's a good value if you plan on using the hotel for sleeping and not much else.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Classic Twin Room

More centrally located, though that is difficult considering the expanse of the city. Having to ask reception 5 times for an extra bed to be delivered to our room when we had an extra guest stay with us.

The manager spent time with us each morning while having breakfast ensuring we had a pleasant stay. Also liked the ladies night in the bar on Tuesday which involved two complimentary drinks. The bar itself, I felt was dark and could do with some redecorating. I also liked the free shuttle bus service to and from the beach and the Dubai Mall, since the hotel is 10-15km away from both.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Classic King Room

Breakfast was good but didn't like the repeat same every day.

Everything was very well.. only the breakfast was repeated and same every day..staff and pool was very awsome..

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Classic King Room

The hotel is excellent, very near from where I had to go every day - to Gulfood show.. and the hotel had a shuttle... great! the staff was great... room... excellent with a great view to the Burj Khalifa... Nice breakfast... if you visit Dubai... leisure or work... its a great hotel to stay... dont think it twice!!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Classic King Room

The swimming pool was rather small. The massage treatments were a little too expensive to try. I also didn't like the dal rice and vegetables for breakfast. I like a fried breakfast of bacon eggs,sausages toast, the items were there but, u You had to look for them.

The beds were very comfy and the breakfast was good. The position of the hotel was also very good with a lot of restaurants hereby. The shuttle bus was also very good taking you on the beach on time.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Classic Twin Room

It was an Amazing Place, Great city view and Experience, Clean nice and big rooms. Excellent staff from reception (Mr Fairos to Room Service, Specially Mr Kumar (Room Service guy) was awesome and he really took care of every thing. I have visited couple of times to UAE before but never had experience like this. This is Best Deal for UAE. Highly recommended place!!!!

• Classic King Room

I requested 1 large bed on my booking and was given a room with 2 small beds. I requested to be moved multiple times but nothing was done. The lock on my room door did not work for the first 2 days. They ensured me it would be OK but I was concerned to leave valuables. Wifi signal was poor for skype.

Room service and housekeeping as good.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Classic King Room

Check in staff the guy was not helpful at all, I requested for early check in but didn't manage to get a room till 2 pm. House keeping staff had to be asked again and again for same things. Breakfast can be improved.

Room size was good and location is very central. ZUBAIR is an excellent server during breakfast and makes sure you get what you want quickly. Overall decent place to stay.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Classic King Room

I booked the room Aed 450 I went there they charge me AED 155 more they said this is government tax the total was 555 is this true

The room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Classic King Room

A great place to stay for a stop over to relax. A good pub and the the staff are friendly. Thank you to Pairoos, Niswar and Bevan from front desk for your help throughout our stay. The beds were comfy. Brekky had a good selection.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Classic Twin Room

-- Just one power outlet in the room! -- Very very slow free internet (limited to 120KBps!) -- Half of the rooms have absolutely no view, basically facing a wall! --Expensive, only worth if as the top 20% cheapest options of four star hotels in Dubai. --Breakfast could be improved.

Renovated hotel. Nice location. Large twin beds. Nice pool and gym area.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Classic Suite

They don't know how to clean room!!! I had kids with me and they simply couldn't vacuum or clean the surfaces!

Nothing really. Don't think I'd ever step foot in that hotel again.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Classic King Room

We asked for many things at the booking but didn't get them: King size bed room but we get twin!! Non smoking room but we get smoking !! Connected rooms because we booked two and also nothing !!

Parking is available Friendly staff at reception

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Classic King Room

The door of my room was not working as it supposed to be and let me and my wife always go back to the reception to program the card key of the room door. This is waste our time and it happnd more than times!!!

The breakfast and the view of the room.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Classic King Room

Everything was outstanding. Some discounts for long stay like mine would be appreciated.

Staff doing house keeping were exceptional. Marla I believe her name and suneesh.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Premium Suite

-Very loud music late at night. -Mattress very hard. -Carpet Old -TV from ancient ages channels not clear -Front Desk not responsive -Breakfast is very crowded due to small size of restaurant.

Restaurant & Valet Staff very friendly Location is great.

• Classic Twin Room

No free wifi!! Also I did mention I was visiting for a third time and I have to say I did expect maybe an upgrade or a special welcome! Also very overpriced due to the season!

I returned for the third time to Jumeirah Rotana. It's a comfortable hotel and there are lots of nice restaurants nearby. Also the rooms are nice and large.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Classic Twin Room

Needing to pay for good WiFi. That was a major down point!

Room was absolutely beautiful with lovely view of dubai skyline. Pool and pool bar absolutely brilliant.. had a sandwich at lunch and would set us up for the day. All the staff were lovely and would do anything to help. Food in restaurant was lovely. Would fully recommend this hotel and would visit again

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Classic King Room

No bathtub in the room. when requested they told us that its for twin bed only. Was really disappointed.

A good place to stay. Everything was clean and perfect.

Browse Jumeira Rotana – Dubai traveller photo gallery