Reviews of Fortune Karama Hotel 3 stars

#295 of 384 hotels in Dubai

6.2

6.2

• Standard Room

Not to be considered as a three star hotel, it is just a lodge. I felt like staying in a godown. I could see some old rubbish stored on balcony and it can not be opened also. Water leakage from A/c, no sufficient lights, .....

• Standard Room

Too much noise in night from nightclub. Staff are not friendly. Normal water is too much hot in all time. They have problem in water cooling system. Room rent is too much for this kind of Hotel.

Hotel location is very good, you will find every kind of transportation from here. outside foods r cheap and tasty. This is a good location for tourist. Metro station is very close it will take only 1 minutes.

• Standard Room

the Wi-Fi internet was not convenient as each room is only assigned one access code for one dive per day for which the user name and password need to be picked up from the reception daily

the location was great next to Dubai metro station and had many good eating places around the hotel and the staff were very helpful and friendly

all is good.

staff was friendly.but i dont like tha ratsky bar full of prostitutes and we want to enter inside to have a drinks but we was so disapointed they was asking for entrance fee.which is weekdays.

• Standard Room

The smell of the room and bathroom the water have leakage.amd we order food from room service but they just bring us like a parcel.

The bed was comfortable for us.

• Standard Room

The room refrigerator was not working

Everything was good. Location is plus point. Also not to forget the waiter in freddy restaurant, an Ethiopian boy was very good and friendly to my husband and me.

• Standard Room

The rooms need upgrading and cleaning.

Before booking the property reviews suggested that reception staff may not be up to mark. We met Jane at reception and she was excellent. Not only she allowed us to check in early but also upgraded us to deluxe room free of cost. Restaurants and shopping facilities are very good near by. Metro is also very close. Rooms are extra spacious.

• Standard Room

AC. Didn't start. Even when it started, it was not cooling! The lobby is too dark for my taste. Like an underground club :)

The location is good. The room is OK. They provide basic necessities like soap, shampoo, tea, coffee, etc... The in-room food that I ordered was excellent (Good quality, well made Noodles Combo and Fried Rice Combo) Place would be suitable for Family too. They are very strict on letting visitors in after you check-in. I think that's a good policy! Everything that you need is available around the hotel... restaurants, shopping, banking, public transport, metro, etc...

• Standard Room

very noisy ,too many night club in such a small hotel. one key is available, card key. load music in the hall outside the room, heard in the room in the morning

• Standard Room

My only complaint was regarding the hot water which they did not address. But its ok because overall my stay was excellent and unforgettable and I will definitely book my next trip here as well.

The service was excellent. I had requested for a room overlooking the street and they gave me the perfect room. The reception, the room service, the cleaners, the waiters at the club, every single person in the staff were friendly and I am sure they will also remember me.

• Standard Room

the water from the toilet pot was leaking and floor was wet with that water when we requested reception to change room they never listened to us.when we requested housekeeping to repair the leakage again no body came to attend claim.phone in the room was dead.very hopeless services

• Standard Room

Smell and sound from bar. Wasn't able to sleep till 3 am.

Reception and quick service.although there was no tissue box but within two minutes bill boy drop the box's at door.

• Standard Room

We asked them to transfer our room they said they will call back we waited nobody call us after 10minutes we call again they said no room with bath tub

Nothing we like unbelievable Wi-Fi is very slow noisy. Receptionist are not approachable. Booking cost is around 200 but we pay almost 300 when we arrived in hotel

• Standard Room

no wifi in the rooms, just in the lobby. Noisy at night because of the night clubs and smelly also. Also found a lot of insects in the room...

location is good

• Standard Room

There are two night clubs in the hotel. The music from the night clubs stops at 03 am. That's when you start hearing the rats in the air condition vent system. There is mold in the shower.

So Close to the Metro Station that the Hotel wifi still works inside the Station.

• Standard Room

Hotel knew I was staying with my 11 year old son, but everyday I would need to request for extra Towel, Floor Mat in Bathroom was missing every day, No face towel, have to request everyday.

• Standard Room

Music from disco is too laut, from bass we have vibration whole room! Internet in room we did not have all the time, we have only promise day by day!!

Location!

• Standard Room

Charge by my credit card , I booked for my friend.should be asking the guest would like to pay cash or same credit card.the most important the hotel phone number can't connect, I tried 3 line number , I got from booking .com and from etisalat information. Please put correct number of hotel .

The Room Service Peron Who Ring The Door Bell At 10 am In The Morning

I Like The Location And The Staff But I Have Informed Not To Bee Disturb But Room Service Person Was Ringing The bell That Part Was Very Sad I Love Some Hindi Channel Also There

• Standard Room

WiFi password changes daily and on some occasions after 6-8 hours. This is inconveniencing especially for those with longer duration stays ( in my case 11 days)

Location, cleanliness, comfort

• Standard Room

toiletries are free, but we must ask for few things. we must asked for wifi everyday.

we were at the second floor for 3 nights. Old hotel interior, very close to metro station. only 2 stops from WTC. breakfast were fine. not too much variation, but enough and taste good. bathtub available. wifi very good. bed n pillow were fine.

Well located and employees very helpful.Night shift front desk Kumar is a person with a high sense of the due care and is costumer oriented,always with a smile in the face and willing to find quick help.So the bellboys.

• Standard Room

the location is very noisy as there is bar/club attached in the lobby. literally they dint stop playing loud music until i got frustrated and complained at 3am. will never prefer to stay again here.

• Standard Room

- There is no parking at the hotel - The front security is very rude. (You will see it when u step in) - The hotel has a funny policy which they didn’t mentioned. If booked for 2 persons, both has to check in at the same time. If the second person arrives later, they have a sue charge of 180/-

- Clean rooms. The hotel is old. They have refurbished the rooms. - inside the hotel there are some nice restaurants, bars, and night club. You don’t need to step outside of the hotel.

• Standard Room

It's noisy. can't sleep. Air con on 3rd floor is so noisy . Our room is on selected on floor and can hear people talking, music from the club is loud. Night mare

The staff were friendly

• Standard Room

It is in a run down area. I was asked why I had booked two separate rooms for my daughter and me. My attention was drawn to a notice saying no visitors were permitted to rooms. I felt the implication was we were there as 'workers'. In the lift is an ad for onsite nightclub showing the naked silhouette of a woman and for the spa offering massage to 3am. The aircon was switched on when shown my room. It was noisy and masked the even noisier exterior fan. When the aircon is switched off the noise in the room was as if in a tunnel with constant sound of a train. I was shown an alternative room (not a lot better) but when deciding other clients were shown into the room. A family that was checking in when we arrived were being moved from the adjoining room. Was then allocated another room (still noisy but marginally better) which I took as I was extremely tired after 30 hours travelling. If my daughter hadn't already gone to her room to sleep I would have checked out that night.

It was a very short distance to a metro station

• Standard Room

1. Price for second night was higher than the first night by 50%. 2. Extremely poor lighting in the room. 3. No sockets for charging phones. 4. Noisy air conditioning. 5. No breakfast. 6. Shady nightlife activity.

Courteous staff, size of room. Room was available before check in time.

• Standard Room

Ambiance was not at all good. It's not a place for family. Very cheap crowd at the location.got bar and clubs and not a very good crowd coming in. Not decent .

Room is very small but clean.

• Standard Room

Every thing specialy when they crah my car in barking and they said it not thier mistake this the last time i bookging through booking.com becouse i found this hotel through u Ahmef

Very bad hotel and advice to remove it from your location becouse will empact in your name they crash my car in parking and they not fixed it The location of hotel very bad too much noisy

• Standard Room

staff attitude.poor maintenance .old furniture. only 2 old dirtt towels were provided .un healthy environment .not suitable for families. payable valet parking .had to wait for 20 mints. to get my car which was parked far away from hotel.

• Standard Room

Hotel location and internal facilities are not good.

More sound till mid night 3 am. Not recommended for family and person who is travelling for business trip.

• Standard Room

It's over priced for both lodging and food. It's very old and needs remodeling. I was shown three rooms and all had hair in the bathrooms ! I won't go back and would only suggest it if it's the only option left.

Staff was friendly.

• Standard Room

They don't have microwave oven in the room. And I bring food from outside and put it in the fridge, when the next day I asked to the room service that there is no microwave can you heat up my food for 1minute and he replied we are not allowed to heat up the outside food. ... That is what I dont like it about that hotel...

clubs

• Standard Room

There was no Hot Water for 2 days. we had been complaining but no proper response. The house keeping will provide only one Bath towel everyday for a family. Every time we have ask for extra towel.

Only Location. It is very close to ADCB Metro Station and there are lot of indian Restaurants nearby

• Standard Room

Poor ventilation, junk a.c , loud notice from 3 bars , v.high rate in restaurant , non accessible balcony & totally closed property

Nothing special to like

• Standard Room

Bathroom fittings too old, no proper drainage, no bathroom exhaust, empty bar-switch off refrigerator. Staff always pointing extra cost on each and every time.unfit for booking.com

• Standard Room

The rest of the hotel facilities are very old though. Breakfast was extremely disappointing - very tasteless, coffee was cold, croissants old etc.

Nice comfortable clean room.

• Standard Room

very old furniture, old towels, smelly in all areas, the location is at little india, no resturatnt choice around it , at night its very crowded

Rooms are big and the place is very close to Karama metro station

• Standard Room

Lift jerking on landing floors, need proper device to fix it for smoother stoppage

Restaurant service is super, all varieties of food at affordable price

• Standard Room

Dirty, found cockroaches in room, no response from house keeping, Mr. Ali from reception is the worst person, very in professional person, even have to pick luggage my own self to room after check in, worst hotel experience in life

Near metro station

• Standard Room

overall its okay, as the busiest hotel some demerits there. but it's not considered as we got it at an economical price. The best part is food and drinks are cheaper comparatively with other places.

It's good happening place. cool for bars & hangout.

• Standard Room

Shacking lifts Noisy A/c Shabby front lobby - Full of cigarette smell all around. Daily slips for internet

They have wifi user name & password which is valid for just one day. Each day we need to take different slips to activate the internet. Room service is average. Front lobby sofas are shabby. Lifts are unstable and keeps shaking which is scary. quality of shampoos and conditioners are poor. The sound of the bar downstairs disturbs the sleep till 3am. They have no central A/c and have a flat A/c unit in each room which sounds louder like a factory running in the room. After my requested they changed the room to one which is having a less noisy split unit A/c.

• Standard Room

Too much of noise from discos and bars. washrooms are bad and poor quality ,beds are not good, Elevator Lift was dangerous. Families are not comfortable with the atmosphere.

• Standard Room

The payment terms and conditions. Room Quality - old property. Can find better hotels in this price in Dubai. Bathrooms are big but very simple. Shower not working properly. Air condition was old style and too NOISY. Too many bars, night clubs - in hotel, Does'nt give good impression of hotel.

• Standard Room

It was no busy no guest in the counter but the girl speaking telung language keep me waiting with out any reason and she counting the coins already she collect my EID which is not good also she did not respect me .Later one gentile man he handle checking in in a nice way thank u

• Standard Room

The Air Condition was giving some problem in respects to cooling.

The rooms were spacious, close to the train station and means of transport is easily available. Many restaurants in the hotel and surrounding areas. Nice location to meet friends and have a hangout.

• Standard Room

I had been given room on first floor & it is just above one of the music bar. And hence had the sound coming to room until bar was open which distracted in sleep till music was ON. Also hotel does not allow other friend to join after Check In.

• Standard Room

Club charges should be free for Fortune Karama Hotel Customers. As some of the club charges AED 75 and 50 for entry.

Swimming Pool, room and the staff are awesome to care.

• Standard Room

The music in the club doesn't stop till 3am. So even if you're super sleepy you can't sleep because of the super loud music. They should have sound proof windows.

Service was quick.

• Standard Room

Hi we r staying in Room 232.The room attendant is good and also good near in metro.but the check out timing is not good is too much early 12:00.and we book for the 1st night and we extend for 1 night the price is not same.is not same to another hotel u can check out at 2..breakfast also not included.we know if we book and will be extend we pay same price. The light also in the up of mirror near in tv is not good.

• Standard Room

Very bad service First day I got a room very bad No clean and bathroom also very bad I already report the counter staff he checked the room next day he change my room

• Standard Room

Cockroaches found in the bed and there was a club in the venue loud music and it seemed like there were prostitution going on in the club had young kids with us and not a family hotel and also had to pay for 4 days hotel but had to leave after 3 days as air con was not working and noisy hotel also it was a smelly hotel

Staff were helpful location ok

• Standard Room

Budget hotel. In night lot of sound from ground floor bar,disco. AC was a bit noisy and the emergency light was too bright could not sleep properly

LOcation near the metro

• Standard Room

Bathroom There Was No Hot Water In 228 Room It's Was Very Sad I Called 5 Time Room Service They Send Air Conditioning Person

Good Place To Hang Out Nights With Friends

• Standard Room

The Room Service I Order Brekfast At 6 30 am But They Told Me They Will Served After 7am That Was Very Sad

Average Place To Hang Out With You Friends

Surprised by different rate paid about AED40 extra

Priced advertised AED139. But paid there AED177 In your confirmation stated taxes were included but there I had a surprise.

• Standard Room

Night clubs with in the hotel, not a good thing to see for the young kids, the way prostitutes were roaming there didn't seem good. Ac of one room was not functioning and it was very hard to even sit there.telephone was not working.

Location only

• Standard Room

I felt that the hotel staff was not courteous enough, I mean every time when I had a communication it was straight. A couple of times when I was talking to the receptionist over the intercomp the phone was hung up before I could finish my request. There are a lot of bars in this property on the ground floor, where people from outside of the property also use to come. The environment of the entrance, lobby and ground floor corridor at night times does not reflect as of a family hotel, contrary to what had been communicated while booking. The rooms are cosy but the comfort level is suddenly dropped to zero and even below that when you are tired and trying to sleep and this loud bass thump of music from the ground floor bars kick in to disturb you. There was a tank cleaning procedure one day and there was no water in the toilets for a whole day, no alternative was arranged by the management in case of an emergency :( There was no supply of cold water in the toilets.

I loved having breakfast at the "UTSAV restaurant" at this property. They Menu was good, the staff was excellent, the environment and cleanliness was good. The property location is very good, one can find a Mosque, Money Exchanger, Street Side Cafeterias and restaurants, Super Store, Bus Stand, Metro Station, Taxis and a shoe shop too within a one minute walk :)

• Standard Room

Ac was not cooling.. loud music as we were staying at first floor. Just stayed there for 2 days and then changed the hotel. Also guest we not allowed in the room to meet.

Location but there was no free parking at hotel.

• Standard Room

Stayed here with my wife. This place is not recommended for families or women / children. Please stay away if you are looking for accommodation with family. The kind of "entertainment" restaurants that are there at the ground floor, made us very uncomfortable.

Proximity to the Metro

• Standard Room

Spacious rooms and 2 mins away from ADCB metro station. Breakfast was included in my booking and had a good variety in the breakfast buffet which was value for money

• Standard Room

Reception was rude at check in. Needed to pay aed20 for parking. Lousy maintenance of this condemned building including leakage from the ceiling. Ancient furnishing

The bedsheets were surprisingly of a high threadcount and very comfortable. Completely at odds with the rest of the hotel experience

• Standard Room

Smoking smell in corridors Excessive music drumming in night clubs disturbing sleep. Noise polution. Paid parking anyway good being discounted. Unislamic dresses nudeness of fillipinos etc and calk girls type women

Location was good for access to various points like malls parks etc

• Standard Room

Family will feel a sort of discomfort in the Hotel. There are so many Alcoholic Bar and Dancing Pubs are located inside the Hotel which will give a discomfort to families. Also the hotel infrastructure is looking so old.

The Hotel is suitable for Solo travellers.

• Standard Room

The outer look of the building needs renovation it looks old. At night its crowded with all sorts of visitors standing outside also due to the night clubs at hotel. Some unethical advertisements cards( looks like prostitutes adds) were scattered outside the hotel which is very bad impression for families and kids.

Food was good. Room was big and nice. Staff was helpful.

• Standard Room

The hotel staff doesn't seem to be aware of the booking details. For example, the booking states that the rate includes free breakfast but the restaurant says I am a charge guest, meaning I have to pay extra AED35 to get my breakfast, which actually sucks! They only serve indian food/cuisine (which not everybody likes) and had little to offer for international guests. Further, my booking says my check out time is up to 1pm. They actually want me out of my room before 12noon, otherwise, I will be charged. :( The indian staff sucks, the Filipino staff are accommodating. Room airconditioning is also poor while there is water leaking from the roof along the hallway of the 2nd floor.

Location is near metro train station and buffet restaurants

• Standard Room

There were cockroaches on the bed, AC went off for a while but was fixed soon, Staff at the restaurant are not courteous

Value for money. Good for low budget stay

• Standard Room

They didn't Airport transfer, the tub in the bath was very small and broken some parts, I asked a taxi and they say kindly go to the street near hear and take taxi , The security of the bar didn't allow to use bar and need the passport !!! Pool is so small !! The corridor was not clean and some of the ceiling that connect for air conditions drip water !!!

The staff was kind , the local was great ( near the Metro station) , The WiFi was not bad , room was clean .

• Standard Room

No facilities (eg: dentil kit, bathroom sandals and more ). I reserved room including breakfast but there told me breakfast is not included, after few minutes there told me there can provide breakfast. It's very bad experience.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard Room

If you wanna book a room in Fortune Karama, kindly read my review and then u decide. I would let u know my worst situation which I had faced there. So far I get check out everything was fine. Ppl helped to keep all my luggages in my room, water etc everything was fine but the real story starts when u check out. It's a Ramadan time and the temperature was 42 degree, as there was no one to help me in carry my luggages to Taxi even after requesting them I was so tired and I was standing outside in search of taxi for 15 min as it was too hot and no one will help u as I was already checked out. There are two Philippines on front end desk who are use for nothing. Now u decide, if u book it's ur fate.

There is no reason to like anything in your property overall poor and worst.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Room

Pathetic rooms, AC fitted are very old and looks antique. It took very long - like 3 hours to get the room cool and I had to literally sweat and couldn't sleep well.

The price was little less than the normal.. may be because it was a week day

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Standard Room

Nightclub in the hotel played until 3am and could not sleep. Hole in the roof of room. No shampoo or towels in room. Worst hotel we've ever stayed in

• Standard Room

Nice location, but the hotel need a visit from the health inspector and the restaurant I terrible..good staff members...there is a huge difference between booking.com advertising and the reality.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Standard Room

This hotel was one of the worst I've stayed in in the UAE. First of all, on Booking.com it was advertised as a 4 star hotel--there is absolutely no way this is true. Also, the "actual" rate of what it would have cost if it hadn't been on discount can't be accurate--there is no way anybody would spend 1,100 dirhams at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was large, yes, but it was old and dirty. I could literally pull the carpet off the floor to reveal the concrete below. The wall where the AC was was dirty, cracking, and yellow, with the cracks being so bad I could actually see outside! The mini bar door was broken (in both hotel rooms--we were placed in a smoking room at first, and the door was broken there, and when we were moved to a non-smoking room, it was also broken in that room). There were stains on the wardrobe that looked like something had dripped down the doors. There were exposed wires on the bedside lamp and phone. The bathroom was old and stained, and the showerhead was mounted on the side of the bathtub, making the angle very awkward. The area was dirty and I was uncomfortable walking around. The entire hotel was smoky and the clubs inside looked shady. Also, we had to pay 20 dirhams for "valet" parking, but one of the days, the concierge made my husband park the car himself! The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. I am very unsatisfied with this hotel and would never stay there again.

The size of the room.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Standard Room

Rooms - were not so clean. The sofas was stinking and dirty. The bathrooms were not maintained.

What I liked was just the location as this property is centrally located, close to metro station and within cluster of fine dining restaurants in the locality. The hotel itself has some marvelous dining joints with good authentic indian food. The Outlets for Fun are from within the popular ones in Dubai good for fun and enjoyment which includes the sports bar.

Browse Fortune Karama Hotel traveller photo gallery