Reviews of Kingsgate Hotel by Millennium 3 stars

#98 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

Based on 2088 hotel reviews

Superb.
    • Superior King Room

1 of the Supervisor was not good enough to handle our queries.

The room facilities and the service was really excellent. Also Mr Rashid (the in charge) was friendly and helpful during our stay.

I am so thanksfull to Mr.
    • Superior King Room

I am so thanksfull to Mr. Rashid working at hotel Kings Gate Abu Dabi, He is so helpful n so kind person. He always approach me with amazing deal for hotels, I am so happy with his service n his efforts. Thank you Rashid Regards Abhishek

Hotel management needs to pay more attention to little details.
    • Superior King Room

Only 1 big towel in the bathroom, uncomfortable pillows and old mattress sheet.

Value, room size, coffee / tea with electtic kettle in the room and 2 complementary water bottles.

I will not book again.
    • Superior King Room

There was no 24-hour housekeeping service. I asked them to clean up my room in the morning but when I returned in the afternoon to take a nap, nothing happened in my room. Maybe the staff forgot or there was no coordination among them. There was no bellboy readily available to assist me with my luggage. There was no vallet parking.

I like the ambiance in the room. The hotel location is near to shops and restaurants.

Good place for a short stay.
    • Superior King Room

No onsite hotel parking, but outside public parking is available for a small fee.

Great value, big room, good WiFi, complimentary water bottle, water kettle with coffee and tea.Supermarket and restaurants are within short walking distance.

The room we stayed was clean and bed was comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

The lady at the reception who checked us in never even bothered to smile. I don't think she should be assigned at the front desk if she keeps the same vibe. It does not give a good impression to the hotel at all.

The room we stayed was clean and bed was comfortable. However, they only have two pillows but no big deal. Chillane at the reception is very pleasant. Quite accommodating and always smiling. She's doing a great job!

Average bed and breakfast hotel.
    • Superior King Room

This property is not responsive...many complaints against pillows are not addrressed. They dont have proper pillows !

Quick check out.... Silent area Ample paid parking...

Comfort, good bed, spacious, beautiful bathroom, TV, prompt...
    • Superior Twin Room

No electricity port near bed to connect my phone. Very poor water pressure in the shower, and the heater is a big problem and doesn't work well, no wakeup calls

Comfort, good bed, spacious, beautiful bathroom, TV, prompt respomses from staff

My stay was Amazing.
    • Superior Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that most of the tv channels were in arabic languages.

The way i was received by the staff and the environment was so lovely bc it was closer to the mall and also closer to the dubai bus station.

Excellent..
    • Superior Twin Room

Kettle not clean properly and bathroom not complete ameneties same before..shower cap must be included and tea coffee set up not complete as well according to the pax.. Only 2 pieces creamer was placed instead of 4 pieces.

Everything is excellent, room is very quite and bed is comfortable..

Great hotel
    • Superior King Room

Nothing bothered me at all

I liked the check in process was smooth I would like to mention Mr Mohamed in reception he was very friendly and helpful.my room icluding bathroom was very clean bed and mattress was comfotable. And during checkout a receptionist lady was very helpful and professional

There is a big problem with this hotel, they do not have...

Parking available

There is a big problem with this hotel, they do not have valet parking or any place to park the cars. We took parking fines more than what we paid for the hotel. We will never come to it again because of that.

The staff was great, ready to assist you throughout.
    • Superior King Room

There was dust everywhere in room, on the phone, table lamp, cupboard, side tables.No face or hand towels in the bathroom.

The staff was great, ready to assist you throughout. Very huge washroom.

O
    • Superior Twin Room

They cut my money two times for the same room. And now to get it back I need to go back to the hotel yet when taking it I didn't go there first.

Bed was big enough

My stay was somehow okay I managed to pull myself together again after the frustration.
    • Superior King Room

To begin with I did not like the way the staff treated me i made a booking and received a confirmation message in my email and mobile and on reaching there tired and really sleepy but i was told my booking was cancelled and i was not informed about the cancellation so i was very frustrated and the staff did not take time to explain to me but ask me to pay as a walk in guess i had no choice because it was already late i had to pay extra from what i booked that made me so sad.

Well i like the bathroom it was neat and of good standard. the hotel is actually nice as i can say in all.

lovely hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

quiet place and you can find alot you f restaurants around the hotel also hyper market about the hote, i really enjoyed the staying at hotel about the stuff, always corporate and look after our needs

The worst hotel in abu dhabi
    • Superior King Room

The location of the hotel is excellent, walking distance from abu dhabi mall , but other than that its the worst hotel , no clean towels and no parking-car space .

the worst hotel i have experienced in Abu Dhabi
    • Superior Twin Room

the worst pillow I have ever had to sleep with. I am not even sure if it was actually a pillow. I had to call reception at least 5 times for an iron and wait over two hours to get it delivered. When it eventually arrived these was no ironing board. I had to capitulate at that stage because I could not afford to wait another two hours. To round it all off. I got a phone call 2 mns after I checked from reception saying I hadn't paid a 12 aed parking fee! when it was Friday...parking is free...

Hotel is nice, and the location is perfect.
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff was not really helpful at all, i sent my laundry and never got it back even after 24 hours. So i had to leave my clothes behind to get my flight. Night Receptionist just didn't care enough.

Hotel is nice, and the location is perfect. Got plenty of nice places around, restaurants, malls, banks everything is at walking distance. Hotel does not have any private parking though.

Nice experience
    • Superior Twin Room

I was in a room where they have glass wall which can be view in wash room i hope tht will be for couple.need to remind them about wash room kits as in brush and paste . Rest was perfect

Over all a good experience

It was pleasant
    • Superior Twin Room

The receptionist i don’t remember the name but he looks to be Elitrian or Ethiopian was very kind he showed me were to park and giving me information today is public holiday no payment for parking such a nice person

honestly when i got inside the room.
    • Superior Twin Room

honestly when i got inside the room..the shampoo bottles everything inside bathroom not properly set towels. and then smells not good..id also work hotel before non/smoking deluxe/VIP/standard room.were use air refreshener to remove the smell inside the room..thats only my suggestion to have a excellent experience in room..thank you so much for the good service..more power.

Fair
    • Superior Twin Room

Few TV channels. No parking. No Gym. Cooler not working well. House keeping use his hands without gloves for everything. No 24 hours resturent

Room size

The staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The bath tub is not that cleaned. That's the only thing that we noticed. But aside from that, everything's fine.

The staff. Berna from the Reception has a sweet smile. I'm also working jn a hotel as a Reception TL & I like how she interact with her guests. The location of the hotel is also nice and near to Abu Dhabi Mall & some restaurants to order food. The late check out until 2pm is a big help especially on those people who would like to catch some Zzz's from a work tiring week & expecting to relax a bit. Will probably come back. :)

Gross hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

The bathroom is gross specially the shower curtains. The carpet is filthy. The room is dusty. They don't washed the glasses and mugs very well.

Quietness

My favourite hotel in Abu Dhabi
    • Superior Twin Room

There is nothing i dont like about this property besides the fact that they dont have private parking available for their guests.

Value for money, comfortable, friendly, clean, excellent location.

wouldn't go back
    • Superior Twin Room

internet didn't work. late check in as room not ready. unorganized communication between reception clerk and cleaning staff. parking was quoted at aed8 by one staff and at same time as aed12 by another staff.

I like the room space, it is quite big.
    • Superior Twin Room

Have to ask for some shower amenities. Room service is not 24 hrs and even order the room service before closure time, nobody sent the food.

I like the room space, it is quite big.

It was good .!!

Liked all

While booking online I made the payment. Later when I check in hotel, their staff ask me to pay again she said my online payment was decline n she convince me to pay cash on their counter. Later when I call ma bank, I was told by my bank the money already deducted from ma acc to kings gate hotel. I also call back to hotel to solve this issue where they ask me to drop an e mail as I did. Still waiting for response as I charged twice for the same services .!!!!!!! Hope these lines might help to solve this issue

I was given a late check out.
    • Superior Twin Room

there were no slippers and shower cap for my wife and the towel was old and I mean very old

I was given a late check out. we were happy. will definitely come back

Overall a bad experience of stay in Abu dhabi.
    • Superior Twin Room

I travelled with two infants and only waiter there was not even helpful to get some breakfast to my wife, as she was attending the crying baby. The dishes were not refilled. The receptionist did not even smile and wanted the Emirates ID first even before offering any assistance with check-in. As I drove in to the main entrance, nobody was around to assist. I had to stop the car, carry my baby to recrption to ask for assistance in check in. As hotel did not have parking, they asked me to park the nearby ‘free parking’ and I got a fine on the day of check out. This should have been clearly communicated as I stayed for just one night only. Being a hotelier, I would want to offer a much better experience to the guest.

Disappointed. Really its a 3 star Hotel ?
    • Superior Twin Room

Shattaf need to request before booking ? like seriously ? If anyone want to use toilet, then what ? Just now I experience this kind of hotel .. Selected rooms only have hahaha .. And rooms are not same with photos, its really small, receptionist telling every rooms have different size, so they should show also all for reference .. even towel is only one for two persons ? no facial tissue .. No english tv channel .. and many more .. I didnt know how it become 3 stars, really ..

I didnt like anything here. Really disappointed, like really it got 3 stars ?

Great location, really pleasant and clean rooms, but the...
    • Superior Twin Room

Great location, really pleasant and clean rooms, but the thing that makes this such a good place to stay are the staff. They were very helpful and courteous. Will definitely be back next time!

I am appalled with the approach of the attendant at the...
    • Superior Twin Room

I am appalled with the approach of the attendant at the reception in the morning of 25th March, 2018. I appreciated their response to my request to prepare my car prior to check-out, however it took some time (approx 10 min) for me to descend as I was still waiting for the match which I requested earlier from the housekeeping. Receiving the follow-up call from the reception, I reiterated that I still didn't receive my request thus it took some time for me to go down but he RANTED that the parking police (Mawaqif) was already asking for the owner of the car and that there will be a fine and that I should already go down immediately!! His aggressive, repulsive tone was unacceptable especially at 05:30 in the morning!!! I mentioned that there is no need for rudeness in such situation, but he was still challenging my comment. Until I said that I work in Marketing and Sales and that I for one know that there is an 'art in speaking' did he retreated. I still appreciate the facilities of the hotel but improvement/training with some of the staff is a MUST.

As expected
    • Superior Twin Room

The electronic room key repeated failed to work either in the lift or in the door and although reception always delt with this quickly it was annoying (and no I didn’t have the key near my phone or iPad).

The bed was soft and comfortable and the room was clean.

The staff are very supportive and helpful, rooms are good...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

All hotels they have at least two towels, this hotel they always put one towel , one extra would be much fine, i was chocked when i got message from my bank saying property took 25 AED without informing me before i checked out , this happened after i checked out and left the property

The staff are very supportive and helpful, rooms are good and very quiet

Disgusted
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I wont stay in this hotel again and wont recommend anyone else to stay here..... first of all i waited an hour for the dental kit ..... when asked why the delay... the staff replied she is the only one managing all floors.... then i went for the breakfast.... since omlete which were in the menu got finish so i politely requested for some omlete on which staff said they cant prepare more as they cook only once and there is no chef.... i went to reception asking for manager and there were none.... Disgusted at the end User training

Nice staff, clean area
    • Superior Twin Room

I selected for nonsmoking room and I paid for booking. Later only they are replying there is only smoking room. Thats not fair. I booked for 2person, but there was only 1turkey and no toothbrush n tooth paste

Nice staff, clean area

price competitive
    • Superior Twin Room

room service needs improvement. I don't why the hotel insist to serve one towel only for couples in the room. they claimed about their policy but anyhow. its wired.

price competitive

The stuff were so gud
    • Superior Twin Room

I was so dissapointed that on line I booked and it was 145 and no one informed me that when I reach to the hotel I need to pay 50 more dirhams for tax.I felt so down.becouse it was not my budget. So my request is please next time u put prices online include taxes.so that peaple won't be disappointed like me.I felt bad really.how can u say that it's 145 with tax on line and then when I reach its 197?hmmm

I like every thing in Kings gate. The staff is so friendly and faster in responding. Bravo.

Nothing much to like there.
    • Superior Twin Room

I ask for the knife. They said its dry hotel. We dont supply anything to the rooms

Nothing much to like there. Except location.i booked a non smoking room they give me smoking room. They said only smoking room availble.

Will never recommend it to anyone who is going with family
    • Superior Twin Room

It was mentioned that the hotel has their parking but the dont have. Staff was extremely non cooperative, this one night stay was a headache for me in this hotel.

Not a good hotel to stay in
    • Superior Twin Room

I didnt like that i arrived at 9am where there were rooms available but they didn't give me a room that i booked on that date.they said nirmal check in is at 2pm . And another the duty manager rashid were totally useless and unhelpful. Where i asked him ok i dont need a room now cis i hv things to do after 2 hrs but can u give my shirt and trouser to iron in any room that u hv cos u do provide for the guest iron and iron board in the room . But he said i cant help . Go sort it by ur self.. totally was unhappy with his attitude.

Only location

Average hotel for an over night sleep.
    • Superior Twin Room

Smoke smell in the room. No slippers provided. Non smoking room confirmed while booking but alloted smoking room only available...checkin process very dull.

Plenty of paid parking around the property.

There was only one towel for a double occupancy room also...
    • Superior Twin Room

There was only one towel for a double occupancy room also the bathroom slippers were not provided .. we had to ask several times in d reception for that and finally we received only a pair for both of us ☹️ these little things are the basic any guest will expect from a hotel ...

Worst experience
    • Superior Twin Room

1. We were couple and they gave us 2 single beds rather than 1 queen or king size bed. And I already paid it online so there was no option left for us .no compensation even. 2. There was no bidet shower in the toilet. I had to go to bath tub to clean myself.

It was clean and location is good in city center.

I enjoyed my stay well, no regrets
    • Superior Twin Room

What I did not like and I feel could be better. The lighting in the rooms are very very dull and dim, I understand that it is cosy for couples but at the same time options could be given with additional lights which could brighten the room, and for those customers who like cosy and dim lights could avaid switching on the extra full light. Because all couples do not prefer dim lights only new couples especially newly wedded couples would prefer dim lights all day, but again to some extent they too would prefer bright light somewhere during the evening as well. Middle age couple would definetly want bright light. So if you can put an additional switch for bright light so accordingly to the brightness required the guest could use the lighting switches.

Rooms were spacious, comfortable, good service and if we could not operate the TV, the technician were sent like lightening speed, and they would sort out immediately Receptionist very polite and helpful they attended the phones promptly

Amazing

I like everything

I ask reception if they could arrange me a speaker as I was planned to celebrate birthday with my partner I also ask if there is any extra charge for it I am willing to pay But they said sorry .!!!!!

It’s not clean hotel as on pictures.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

It’s not clean hotel as on pictures. There is no parking, when i asked where to park my car, they told me on front of building anywhere. I parked the car exactly on the front parking, next morning my car was taken by police. Coz the parking for residency. Highly not recommend this hotel...

It’s not clean hotel as on pictures.

Value for money
    • Superior Twin Room

Parking: we didn't know about the parking not included in the room charges and we need to pay for parking. Towels: placed in the room though were clean, but were old and worn out, need to check before placing in the guest room.

Excellent Hotel, wonderful experience with the facilities and also the staff are friendly :)

Un expected things has happen.
    • Superior Twin Room

TV wasn't working. Kettle wasn't working. Safe box wasn't working. Bathtub was cracked. Kettle was not clean after used, inside was expired milk. as per reception there was no manager than receptionist. When I checked out the reception asked from me my credit card belong to whom.

it's okay
    • Superior Twin Room

The floor of the room was not clean when I arrived and they did not do it during my stay. It was really not nice to have dirt stuff in the room.

The location is good.

I looked forward on my stay in this property but I guess I'd expected too much.
    • Superior Twin Room

Need to evaluate the Housekeeping Manager & Supervisor regarding everything and please read the review of all your guests who stayed in the property; from the pillow case to bed sheet and towels.

The Filipino Housekeeping Staff is very helpful.

Staff not corperate with customeres ,
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff not corperate with customeres , We not recved security deposit 100 dhs staffs asking me 100 dhs credited with in 5 min your account , still we not recved from your side. Thanks & Regards ANEESH S NAIR 0562833236 0561940742

It was bearable for a one night stay, but I would not go back.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was not clean, with dust on the bedside tables and hairs in the room. We were only given one towel. The quality of pillows was not good enough. We also had to park on the street and arrived to a AED200 parking ticket when we checked out at 09:00. The hotel staff never mentioned the fact that this might be an issue before.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Iam never stay again in this hotel because they cut money...
    • Superior Single Room

Iam never stay again in this hotel because they cut money from my bank account without any refund my money back (failed to reserve because my document only copy)

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Awesome stay! Will be back again :)
    • Superior Single Room

The internet was a bit shotty, but it's nobody's fault. It just kinda happened one day.

Everyone was really nice. The area was central, and everything you could need was close by.

ADEQUATE BUT VERY DRAB
    • Superior Twin Room

THE FRONT DESK MANAGERS NEED SOME TRAINING ON HOW TO ACCOMMODATE CUSTOMER REQUESTS. FROM WHAT I COULD SEE IT IS VERY DISORGANISED. THEY WERE UNABLE TO PROCESS THE DEPOSIT CANCELLATION , AS I SETTLED THE BILL. IN ADDITION THEIR CARD LINK MACHINE WAS NOT WORKING AT BILL CLOSURE TIME AND THEY INFORMED ME THEY WERE DOING SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATES TO THEIR SERVER , WHICH HAD A HIGHER PRIORITY THAN MY REQUEST TO CHECK OUT . THE SELFISH NATURE OF THE FRONT DESK MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE CAREFULLY REVIEWED AS CUSTOMERS WANT TO BE TREATED CORRECTLY AT ALL TIMES.

THE HOTEL IS AT A CONVENIENT LOCATION

Overall nice.
    • Superior Twin Room

They had 2 guests. However they provided single towel. That was bit uncomfortable for us. Overall a nice place to stay. Only request to the magnagement to provide amenities depending on the no. Of guests occupying the room

Nothing special
    • Superior Twin Room

Too much expensive for what is it.... reservation problem because you guys don’t say the prices with taxes say without taxes. So it’s easy to mistake a client.

Disappointment
    • Superior Twin Room

There is no slipper in the room, no carpet in the bathroom and the towels are old, this is my second visit after 3 years in this hotel and i found very poor customer service and facilities. There is no consideration to the customer if you reached one hour or two hours early still you need to wait till 2PM for the room even though they have available room, really annoyed big time.

Just the location.

next time i will never book this hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

every thing i didnlt like it... dirty room bad service i

i booking room non smoke and they give me room smoke and one think i give them money and they didnt give me change money

The worst room I booked, not recommend at all.
    • Superior Twin Room

Dirty rooms, cockroaches everywhere, dust everywhere, bad smell. I can’t express how very bad it is, no way to keep it 3 stars it has to be closed.

I booked her because it was cheap and not for anything else. My honest opinion.
    • Superior Twin Room

The Wi-Fi was really slow. The room was not properly cleaned at all. There was gum stuck on the table counter. Even the carpet was a bit dirty.

Checkin and checkout was super quick and convenient.

Great location with no parking facility and dirty bed sheet
    • Superior Twin Room

No parking and i had to pay for the public parking. The conceirge kept my car’s door opened till the next day. The bed sheet was full of dust, and i raised the issue the next day and the changed it.

Location was great

I rate it as a 4 star hotel

Shower: Medium water pressure Dirty Iron that ruined my cloth

Location: 3 minutes by car to Abu Dhabi Mall Allowed for late check out Friendly staff Comfortable Bed

I like the place its near everywhere
    • Superior Twin Room

Before they give me a late check out at 3pm because im a regular guest and beside i came late check in went to work. Then i try again twice the reception and said they never give 3pm check out.

I like the place its near everywhere

Decent
    • Superior Twin Room

I had to pay for parking, there was no parking reserved for guests who are not residents of Abu Dhabi. And there was a leak in the bathroom as the washroom was flooded after a shower. Also no jet spray!!!! That was completely not expected and not appreciated!

The staff was assisting with the needs.

I had a home to relax , it has always been a plesure to come again.
    • Superior Twin Room

The fact the each time I come there I have to ask for second towel but later it gets fixed. In short beter to always have reserved rooms equipped with not less than 2 towels.

Wow the bathroom tht has a glass wall looking into the bedroom ... Never saw tht any where before. Great arch.

Fair ..a little pricey
    • Superior Twin Room

No english movies/channel.. just news only... spacious but the room was dusty..old towels.. no sofa just one chair only.. very dim room (lights were very minimal)..hard to find parking at night..

Wifi. Good AC.

not good to stay.
    • Superior Twin Room

I don't like the room the bed is not good the whole room not good all the bed sheets is not clean,bad smell in the room.its not comfy to stay even the towel is not clean...

the staff is good

Exquisite Hotel but Mediocre service
    • Superior Twin Room

lack of bathroom amenities , television with only two channels.

Title says it all. the hotel lobby is exquisite, front desk staff top-notch, friendly and smiling but needs an bit overhaul on room side.

Perfect stay , no doubt will be back again
    • Superior Twin Room

Got to get better pillows and better towels, the ones there are exhausted.

Staff were friendly, room was clean, location, comfortable bed, internet speed was good

not worth
    • Superior Twin Room

Pillow too small, poor room serving into the adds 24hours but when we call like 11:30pm they told us room service is already close, you need to pay for ice bucket for 20 aed. they provide only 1 towel, pillow only 2 you need to request everything..

comportable bed, fair bathroom