Reviews of Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi 5 stars

Khalifa Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#33 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

Based on 1992 hotel reviews

• Corner City View Room

Elevators failed on the Saturday morning. Walked to ground floor but no signage and ended up on the street. Just put in a sign that directs people to the lobby.

Room was compact but well fitted. Staff were excellent - smooth check-in/check-out; car valet parking quick and efficient; restaurant staff very helpful

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The only thing We did not like was turkish coffee...They really do not know how to do it.

Cozy, stylish interior, very good restaurants.Have amazing indoor pool which was a great benefit to us since we have 2 small children and they did not have to be on the direct sun.

• Corner City View Room

ALMOST EVERYITHING. ADVANCE PMT MAY BE A BIT PROBLEM FOR OUTSIDERS . HOSPITALITY, ROOM MAINT, RECEPTION, NICE WAY OF TALKING WITH CUSTOMERS. SECURITY GUARDS, ETC ALL ARE VERY GOOD. ALL YOUR ROOMS VIEWS ARE FANTASTIC. REALLY THOROUGHLY WE ENJOYED. ANY TIME WE CAN RECOMMEND YOUR HOTEL TO ANY BODY. EVEN THE RATES ARE QUIET OK FOR THE FACILITIES YOUR HOTEL PROVDIES. THANKS A LOT.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The hotel temperature was a bit cold, and it was difficult to get the room temperature correct.

Waitress in the Market restaurant was excellent - thank you.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

Swimming pool unavailable at time of visit, I was not informed of this when booking as I would've booked elsewhere had I known.

Lovely comfortable room, nice view

• Royal Club Room

Maybe I was unlucky, but I think not. I have been coming here over 10 years and I wouldn't say this is any longer a 5 star hotel. For example the breakfasts are nowhere near as comprehensive as they used to be, the towel in my room was frayed, and the food offered in the club lounge was boring and samey - I guess they have shares in a chicken farm as it was checken every day. But the worst is if you go there in the four r five months before, during and after Ramadan. the outside area is small enough anyway and when they take the entire area over with a tent (and close the swimming pool as well ) there is absolutely nowhere - I mean NOWHERE - to go outside. So you are stuck in the hotel all day every day during the hottest part of the year.

It's a nice enough hotel with very friendly staff. Nice big rooms, and very comfortable bed.

• Corner City View Room

I have got Horrible service!! Never got these services and attitude in my entire life! Specially valet and helpers. I had an exhibition here and i stayed here as well for 2 nights! As soon as my exhibition got over, i asked for a valet to bring the car and help me put my stuff in the car. The valet guy got the car, told me about it and left with leaving no assistance on the car. I was not aware or told that the car is parked illegal on the road. I tried to ask several workers to help me put the stuff in the car as it was heavy, but noone helped and said they ll help and left and never came back! The valet guy also didn’t inform on the situation so i atleast go and remove the car park in the right parking. Being in the similar industry i know how valet works and they were trying to portray another story to me thinking ill buy it! Becuase of them i got a fine of AED 500/-. When I brought this situation to them, instead of apologizing they were rude, didn’t hear my whole story nither assisted me to get the solution of this! I paid for my room, breakfast, exhibition, petrol amd time... and got a fine of AED 500/- because of them! Instead of companseting with something they made me wait for so long, made me explain thrice to duty managers, and came vack to me saying they cant do anything about it! Extremely disappointed with the behavior, service and the staff! No curtosy to even make it better somehow!

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

I asked for a smoking room, but the room smell was unbearable and every piece of furniture as well as the bed spreads was smelling of smoke.

The location, facilities and staff were helpful

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

I'd expect an international 5* hotel to be more flexible with foreign currency. Also, no services are available after 23.00.

central location, pleasant spaces

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

It was a shame the pool was closed for Ramadan preparations and we were informed last minute about it. They organized a shuttle to a sister hotel but it was not regular.

Staff was super nice and helpful, all restaurants are great and the Stratos is a must do!

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

I stayed one night in the deluxe sea view room and I was happy the room was clean and modern, the shower was lovely, bed was very comfortable, hotel staff are nice and friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying the night and need a base to see the sites and attractions

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The Business Lounge is very small and as there is not much else to do in the hotel also busy. Due to the closure of the swimming pool (notified in advance) there is not much to do in the hotel.

Valet parking was great...the rest was fine

• Corner City View Room

Staff not competent , especially people serving breakfast not very professional , also staff in the night club very rude and not welcoming !

Design and Clean hotel with good breakfast buffet and nice rooms ( the one with sea view ) ! Night club free for hotel guests is cool with good dj and music!

• Corner City View Room

Nothing to improve here. All good.

Fantastic hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Breakfast is fantastic. Really good hotel.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

it's a little out of the way for my liking since we have to walk a bit to get to good food or decent mall

our room was very clean and breakfast spread was not bad

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

I’ve staid at the best room, seaview panorama at the 7th floor. But, where to start? 1. The room was smelly as I booked a non-smoking room but on arrival they don’t have other than a smoking room which they gave me. The bed smells of smoke cigarettes. 2. No sound proof as the hotel had two bars etc. I was awake at 4am due to the very loud noice of the dunk man in the next room to me with his two east European/Russian prostitutes girls. Disputes the fact that I called the reception and they sent their security manager. The noice was still loud and disturbing until 6am. The main door of the room was wobbly and too short. Those bitches, they walk in the corridors wearing lingerie all see through, completely naked. 3. The beds are terrible, the spring type mattress was very old, and uncomfortable. 4. Going into the rooms lift you have to pass through so many things and turns to reach the lifts. It’s just inconvenient. 5. The air conditioning was very old type even if you increase the temperature to 27, the air continues to be very cold. I had to switch it off completely to reduce the coldness of the room.

Breakfast and internet

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The food could have been better value for money. The breakfast had a great variety however they ran out of certain dishes most days. Poor spa facilities.

The bed was incredibly comfortable. The location was great. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

All positive! The staff were amazing, impeccable service. Breakfast was a lovely variety. Rooms were clean & equipped with everything you need. Location is okay, taxis and shuttle bus available on demand.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The ad in booking did not say that the breakfast was for 1 individual in the room. Had to pay extra for my companion, which is very abnormal in hotel bookings

Everything. The place is well renovated and it looks brand new

• Corner City View Room

the general feel of the garden and pool area is that it is dated and not 5star by today's standards

overall a pleasant stay, great interior design and architecture of the hotel, room just ok

No improvements I can think of.

Breakfast was fabulous, dinner in the Revolving restaurant was an absolute joy to behold with a young dutch waiter gaining hospitality experience who was most obliging. The service was great, the concierge, the reception staff, everyone did their best to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The location is great, the pool is magnificent, it was 5 star at its' best. Thank you for a great week.

• Corner City View Room

We couldn't find some 'basic' stuff in the hotel room like shower gel and tooth paste. But these are just small things. I also missed a few more sockets.

Very nice hotel with friendly staff and superb breakfast. The bathroom was really nice.

• Royal Club Room

Quite disappointing that i had to wait 30 mins for someone to collect my luggage upon check out in the end i did it myself. Also for the 2 days i stayed there no one cleaned my room after repeatedly adding house keeping - poor set up especially when they charge premium prices - i wont be staying there again in a hurry much better hotels in the city that Le Royal Meriden

Overalll nice hotel

• Corner City View Room

Staff are so unprofessional, rooms is very bad in comparison to cheaper 5 stars hotels in the area. Regarding the staff receptionist lady told,,you get what you pay for,, Where I thought it should have some decent standards Definitely not worth the stay

• Corner City View Room

The check-in took 30 minutes despite arriving 2 hours after the 3 pm check-in. The room was spacious but felt and looked very outdated compared to the renovated ground floor lobby area and felt like a 1-star hotel room instead of a luxury brand.

You can see that the lobby and ground floor restaurants have been recently renovated and have a nice international atmosphere.

• Corner City View Room

The Royal Meridien is not what I expected - in a mostly very bad way. I'll just mention the main thing... In my one-night / 12 hour stay at the Royal Meridian I was awoken at 2am by a loud thud, apparently caused by my door being opened into its dead bolt. In a state of absolute shock and confusion, I got out of bed, put on some clothes and went immediately to the door that someone was now knocking on. As I looked through the peep hole I saw a male who appeared to be from the housekeeping team, now knocking at the door. Being cautious, I opened the door on its bolt mechanism and asked what the heck was going on. The man could only answer in broken English, "Sorry, you must change room". Naturally, I was wondering what on earth was happening. The man at my door was clearly as bewildered as me. It appeared there had been some sort of mistake and he didn't know what to do about it. But the fact that he stayed planted, trying to communicate something to me for several minutes, had me wondering whether I actually did need to change rooms. Perhaps there was an emergency and I actually did need to leave? I used my in-room phone to call the hotel night manager. I explained what was happening and he told me there's been a mix-up with rooms, and the guy at my door had basically had a bit of a mare and gone to the wrong room. The manager shared my shock and confusion - so much so that he thought it would be appropriate, since I was awake of course, to send me some free room service by way of an apology. Erm, no thank you. I declined the manager's offer of a 2.20am club sandwich to which he suggested a late-check out might appease the situation. I had to be on-site at 12 noon so that was just salt in the wounds. To be honest, at that point I just wanted to get out of this rather strange situation and leave the hotel.

Very very very little.

• Royal Club Room

All staffs are very professional specially in the check-in/out counter resulted hotel stay comfort & value for money were exceeded expectations.

• Corner City View Room

My room felt too claustrofobic becausenof the tiny windows. I felt Inwas in a dungeon. The pool doesn’t look like it’s the same place. Needs immediate renovation - broken tiles, old towels and chairs. The gym smells like cigarettes.

Breakfast was very nice. Nice restaurants.

• Corner City View Room

bathroom didn't have a hand held bidet and the tv didn't have variety of channels to choose from as most of the channels were news and sports only

the room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable

• Royal Club Room

I was in Room 525 and the shower door had no handle to close the door, lol. The water from the shower leaked onto the floor.

The reception staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. The concierge staff were also very helpful. The chef, barman and waiters in the Market Kitchen were amazing.

• Corner City View Room

Phone was always in busy mode. Was trying to connect with my colleague staying in 728 and it never connected. Had to go see him personally

Room service

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The staff at check in AND check out came across very judgmental, looking down at us. It made us feel rather uncomfortable and clearly we didn't feel welcome in the property. Though upon check-in, we had a problem as we booked a panoramic sea view room and we were told that there was no longer any sea view available for a non-smoking room. We paid extra for the sea view and were quite disappointed. We called the manager on duty who immediately found a solution for us, we were really satisfied with his quick action. The staff at the breakfast outlet had a certain attitude while answering questions we may have asked. Removing plates while we are eating, removing juices from our table without asking and placing them back on the breakfast display .. that was rather odd and definitely not matching your idea of a typical dedicated 5 star hotel F&B team ..

We liked the confort of the room, the location, the great buffet breakfast and the rapidity of valet parking.

All good

This is a lovely place to stay if you want to be in the city and close to everything. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and quiet. There are lots of food options, a revolving restaurant/ bar on the top floor which has spectacular views, and the pool area is easily accessible and well arranged :-)

Facilities are not compared with other hotels with same rate . Swimming pool is not so distinguished as a five star hotel .

Location is good The hotel is clean and comfort . Staff are helpful

• Corner City View Room

few stuff on the front desk make customers wait to long if you check in or out . also the restaurant if you order you need to wait to much longer to be served

many things good but some things no good

• Corner City View Room

Room location was bad and had no windows. Bathroom layout was pooor with small shower cubical. Room was dirty and carpet had stains and room had bad/foul smell may be it was due to someone smoking.

• Royal Club Room

At least 2 restaurants and Irish bar closed plus the disco not that it mattered to us. Pool area was a bit run down and closed for one day due to a breakdown.

Excellent friendly staff particularly Sylvester in the Club lounge

• Corner City View Room

The bed was two twins pushed together. I didn’t like gap! Also, would be very nice to provide universal power adapters for international travelers. It’s rare to find hotels that don’t have them.

Great hotel. The room was beatiful and super clean. Bed was very comfortable.

As above

Enjoyed my stay here and staff were very friendly. The main complaint would be that the bed which was a queen size was 2 beds pushed together - This is quite disappointing to find in hotels of such quality. We ate at Market which was lovely and enjoyed the hotels activities. It was a short but sweet visit.

• Royal Club Room

The staff are professional and very friendly, Younes and Othman from reception are exceptionally helpful , Guru and Ashraf are very helpful from room service

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

I didnt use the business center, but based on other facilities utilized, I guess the business enter should be with the same impression. In overall, Le Royal Meridien is fair enough for a business trip

• Royal Club Room

Hard to access my Starwood preferred guest account, and see if my loyalty is being noticed !

Drop the car off, pick the car up, imbetween choices and quality of service, are second to none.

• Corner City View Room

A Chinese girl at the desk was very helpful. All the staff were lovely. My only advise is I paid 75 for a breakfast at the Hilton 2 weeks ago. U guys charged 150 - twice as much yet the Hilton breakfast was better.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

Bathtub, weight scale and hairdryer weren’t working, I think there’s a need for maintenance

The sea view is stunning and so comfortable bed. Breakfast was great where’s a lot of varieties.

• Corner City View Room

The continental breakfast was expensive but very worth it. Excellent selection, coffee, service. The concierge were all incredibly helpful and my day at the pool was lovely. Excellent choice of restaurants on sight, also.

• Corner City View Room

With breakfast opened there was literally no member of staff serving coffee! We had almost finished our meals before we got a cup

Great location in downtown Abu Dhabi

• Corner City View Room

This evaluation is sent to the wrong person. Please check the appropriate email address.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

Expensive roof top restaurant. Did not like the surroundings of the hotel (that particular part of the Corniche)

Very good breakfast, nice lobby. Fairly priced. Friendly personnel. Centrally located in Abu Dhabi Close to the Louvre museum (the building is a 'must see' !!)

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

I was given connecting Room, which had gypsum wall behind my bed. So i was disturbed whole night with noise from people at other side of the wall. This was so discomfort and it affected my sleep.

Location. Ambience. Room Facilites. kind and helping staff.

• Corner City View Room

The hotel did not meet our expectations at all. We were two female looking for a nice staycation but the hotel did not provide any female facilities or areas. Also the pictures advertised on Booking.com are completely deceiving as the rooms look nothing like the pictures and the pool is dirty with a 1m Jacuzzi that looks like a child's pool. Overall horrible stay and no value for money at all!

The only thing we liked is that the bed was comfortable.

• Corner City View Room

No sound proofing in rooms. Very loud music disturbed us in the afternoon from the pool area, and then the bar noise/ music into the night. I won't be returning for this reason alone. I do not expect to have to hear noise from the hotel bars. Pelase invest in sound proof glass.

We enjoyed the breakfast selection.

• Corner City View Room

The party going on until 2am in the pool area - most annoying techno music ever making it absolutely impossible to sleep - maybe they should consider their guests who stay and not try to earn money on the side for events which irritate their longer term customers.

Staff extremely helpful and attentive, room service food well presented and tasty

• Corner City View Room

I selected non-smoker room but at check-in it was not available! Cigarettes smells all over the room and corridors.. toilet was not clean.. defect in sink drainage.. no water pressure at the toilet esp. for the shower.. very bad housekeeping

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

Staff was great and very helpful. They provided me a late check out service and were very understanding! Also facilities of the hotel are great and the room is very spacious! I like the location of the hotel as it is nearby everything from restuarunts to other night life! GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Nothing , really.

Beds were extra large and super comfy, views out over the Corniche were stunning from our room on the 21st floor and the staff were all very friendly and professional.

• Corner City View Room

Do not order coffee at any of the outlets of that hotel. We have tried it in 3 outlets and apparently they are all using the same coffee beans that are terrible. I paid 60AED for two soya cappuccinos that went straight to the bin. The checkin experience was ok'ish I would say. The lady was sort of friendly but not very professional. The hotel was on a very low occupancy that night, but she gave us a room on a 3rd floor and we literally didnt sleep till the morning due to the loud music. The kettle in the room was broken.

The size of the rooms was fine as well as bathrooms. The "sea view" is actually not a sea view, its a water view sort of a harbour. They have a lovely singer at Market Kitchen where the food is delicious and the guys voice is incredible. Must visit

• Royal Club Room

I dont think it lived up to Royal Le Meridien branding my expectations were in line with Dubai. No steam sauna in same building had to visit next hotel.

The breakfast was substantial and was truly international. Lovely French pastries and authentic baguettes

• Corner City View Room

The hotel staff has shown a non-professional approach to the customer. In each question, the question remained unanswered. The deadline for breakfast was 10,30 but all the food was collected from that moment in 3-4 minutes. Even at that moment, they don't allowed us to take a cheese for children. We cheked out from the hotel 15 days ago, but they don't unblocked a money from the card yet.

NOTHING I liked the work of one person at this hotel, it's ROSEMARIE D. She is a very responsible and qualified employee. I think that with this attitude to work, she will have a rapid career growth.

• Royal Club Suite

The room ,i have book wasn't there shttaf in the toilet and the reception didn't do any support !!!even when I talked to the manger of the reception ,I don't understand why there is manager if they can not do any support also how you in Abu daubi and there aren't shttaf in the toilet , I was shoucked and I thought I am in Amsterdam and I have to understand to make the trip happy happy.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

At breakfast my table was not attended while I sat there. I finished my cerial and cooked food but nobody took the plates or offered me a coffee.

Due to being a visitor previously I was very pleasantly surprised when I was upgraded to another room.

• Corner City View Room

The bathroom wasn't great. The shower door had a gap at the base which allowed water to flood the floor.

The room was very comfortable and check in staff very helpful. The restaurant was very good and staff there very helpful.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The only negative item about the hotel was one time the shuttle service forgot to pick us up so we had to get a taxi back to the hotel. We complained to the staff about this and were offered extra shuttle services to other places of our choice so the issue was rectified well.

Everything about the property was great. The breakfast was full continental with lots of warm and cold options. There was also a bakery room which had over twenty different pastries. The wifi was amazing, u could connect from everywhere and was very fast. The hotel also offers various shuttle services to the most popular attractions.

• Royal Club Room

Only the smell at the floor halls. It smells like a rug which was not dried properly. Overall superb!

Location: Near Corniche (counter part of Jumeirah in Dubai) and city center. Accessible to taxis and buses. Al Mariah mall is just a walk away along with other restaurants. Amenities: Outdoor pool has a nice ambiance. A gym with indoor pool is nice too. Lounge: The room we booked has a complimentary use of the lounge which serves food until 3pm and resumes on happy hour from 6pm to 8pm wherein they serves liquor. Breakfast: Superb! Wide selection of breakfast buffet from cereals to bread to main courses to refreshments and fruits! Restaurants: They have a revolving restaurant - Stratos however we did not see it. They have a restaurant as well in the lobby near lifts and they have a pub too. Staffs: Very courteous and helpful. Kudos to Sylvester (Le Royal Lounge staff during our stay). Very attentive and always wear a smile. The Filipino staff as well who checked us in was knowledgeable and helpful too. Operator was attentive and service requests were attended swiftly. Cleanliness: Very clean in and out. However, I suggest you to put some air freshener on the hallway as it smells bad. Other than that, all is up to standard. Rooms: We stayed in Royal Club Room and it is carpeted. A very comfy room with a great view of the pool and beach at distance. Room Service and Housekeeping: Please initiate to change or replace the bathroom necessities such as shampoos, soaps, and other stuffs instead of the guest calling the operator to request one. Further, I suggest that toothbrush sets should be made available instead of guests requesting for it. Mini Bar: Well unfortunately, it’s not free. Unlike 5 star hotels in Singapore wherein they have free mini bar and being refilled daily along with a basket of nuts and gummy bears which is totally awesome. Surprisingly in UAE, I never encounter yet such type of complimentary offers to guests during their stay. I hope they’ll do that at least for 5-Star hotels. Checkin and Checkout Service: Fast and easy.

• Family Room

Check out was painfully slow. Breakfast was understaffed. The gym was located next to a bar so had a horrible aroma of cigarette smoke.

Good size room with sea view. Bathroom was lovely.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

The Seaview from my room was average as it's really an industrial part of the sea. If I go back I wouldn't pay extra for that. The window was a tiny bit dirty on the outside but no biggie.

The service was excellent especially from the concierge. They recommended many things to us, like the Louvre museum which turned out to be the highlight of my stay. They even went to a restaurant in the hotel to get the menu for us. Reception recommended we add the buffet breakfast to our package when we got there as that makes it half price...AED$60 each instead of $120 and we were glad we did. Breakfast was very, very good, especially the omelettes which are made to order. The room was spotless and comfortable. The TV had my name on it which was a nice touch. There's also a shared pool and 5 restaurants. I regret not going to the revolving restaurant at the top but we went to Market Kitchen on the ground level which was excellent. Id definately go back to this hotel if it's within my budget.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

furniture is outdated (The sofa had stain spots) need to be refurbished , the bathroom stool is placed close to the wall not very comfortable!, the pillows were very soft had to ask for extra ones which I 've got immediately.

very attentive staff ready to fulfill requirements , good breakfast, location is ok , room was quiet

• Corner City View Room

Great room and the revolving restaurant was spectacular, with great food. Location near the corniche and tastefully designed modern decor with quality service to boot ensured a memorable stay. We would come back!

• Corner City View Room

Be aware of a very high hold on credit card that is not released on checkout as stated. Was not expecting hold of almost $300 to be taken and have just been advised more than 10 days before it will come back so not impressed at all.

Was good location smallish room but excellent

Nothing I liked everything

The wet room in each room and the big bed and bathtub. Food was amazing and all facilities were very clean. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly

• Royal Club Room

That guests can smoke in areas/some rooms of the hotel and in the restaurants that we used, including Stratos and PJ O’Reillys.

Fabulous staff, they made our stay. Everyone in the hotel was completely charming.

• Royal Club Room

The way that the receptionist threat the case about the extra bed solution.

It was saying that the room accomodate three, however there was only a king size bed.

• Royal Club Room

I was book for the Club Royal and they didn’t served breakfast at the Club Lounge, Staffs are not that accomodating, chiefs was not even polite (Smiling) or maybe his on the bad mood. Rooms are old, noisy surroundings and not a comfortable place.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Corner City View Room

Breakfast was ok but not a very large choice. Service at breakfast could be improved as well.

Rooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished recently and the result is very nice and practical. Our flight was arriving very early on our day of check-in, and the team granted us an early check-in as soon as the room was ready, which was highly appreciated.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Corner City View Room

They put me in a smoking room then I complained and they made me wait a long time before moving me to a much nicer room

Nice room. Staff are generally friendly but really poor at effective communication (didn’t seem t know what to do), restaurant manager was rude and offensive in the morning.

• Deluxe Panoramic Sea View Room

Staff were very friedly and helpful. Rooms were very spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. Choice of restaurants was excellent and the revolving rooftop restaurant definitely worth a visit.

Browse Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi traveller photo gallery