Reviews of Mayfair Hotel 3 stars

#291 of 384 hotels in Dubai

6.2

6.2

Weak internet connection

Value for the money! For the price of 250 aed ($70 USD) for 2 nights with breakfast included for a family of 5. Not to mention the swimming experience. 'Twas really a great savings!

• Double or Twin Room

I and my wife could not enjoy the stay as feel insecured. The house keeping Boys where playing music in their mobiles at early morning. My wife stated somebody was peeping through next door

It’s very near to the metro so if you don’t have a car also no problem

• Double or Twin Room

During check-in, they should advise the guests regarding wifi/internet access, breakfast timings, etc. Basic details would make the guests feel more welcome.

breakfast was great

• Double or Twin Room

The room I reserved was a non smoking one but what I got stink a lot of smoke and was very disturbing. The room was for disabled one which we didn't appreciate.

The staff was vert helpful espcially the concierge helped us a lot.

• Double or Twin Room

I have to wait for 1 hour to check in because there staff doing cleaning in room

This is amazing trip for me. I visut there with my partner but m little worried before go but after reached there i feel safe. There privacy is very good. I realy love it. There decoration there facilities is very good.

• Double or Twin Room

The a/c is a little bit warm...and there's a kettle with spoiled milk and smells come into the room.

The hotel staff was at help and with professional quality of customer service. The place was neat and clean and special thanks to the lifeguard...we went to the pool and my 3 year old daughter almost drowned but their life guard was so quick....thank you soo much!

• Double or Twin Room

Some electric socket did not work in room. The AC also stopped to work during night (outside was 40 degree C).

Location, personnel, overall hotel was good. Cheap parking.

The staff specially the asian guy from pool side he doesn't know the diffence of tshirt and trashguard and he told me that I am not allow to swim. And take note of this, I am a filipina,straightly to my face he told me that specially they don't want a Filipino coming there because Filipino is only making a problem. That is absolutely insulting, hey we are paying to your hotel!!!

The bed is comfy.

everything

very bad service , everything is not including even Wifi , and very expensive if we compare the price with the other hotels in the same quality.

• Double or Twin Room

after a night out from dinner with my partner, once I got into the lift I was pretty much accUsed of being a prositute. The security did not let me up to the room and stopped the lift. Even reception tested me to see if I was on the booking, no One remembered me checking in the night before with my partner.

• Double or Twin Room

Carpet and furniture seems to be old, should be replaced. In our deal, breakfast was included but due to Ramdhan month we could not take breakfast. The hotel had arrangement of 'futoor' ( very early morning breakfast for Muslims). We had to pay for the futoor. The hotel must have adjusted futoor in place of breakfast for Muslims.

Excellent location, very hospitable staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The room facilities are old. Toilet is dirty. The way how they handle complains.

Value for money during the promotion. But never ever waste your money if they are on their regular rate, as you can find better hotel around them.

• Large Single Room

I get only 1 room but i paid for 2 room. I speak with personel and he told me that i will get free lunch or money back but in the morning was another personel and i dont get any recompensation.

Nice from outside and nice 1rst floor

• Double or Twin Room

The reception was not polite while checking in. C ask me to wait for two minutes how ever I wait for half an hour n went back for check in. C still ask me to wait for two minutes. The light switch was all opssite . It use to be on while the switch is off.

Room was Gud.

Housekeeping needs proper cleaning.. there is used slippers under dressing table and dust bins r to dirty.. need some changes

The Nepali guy working in swimming pool Good sense of humor

• Large Single Room

For car parking they charged 30 dhs for 2 days. They did not serve B/F saying that the booking is only for the room. The booking.com website showed inclusive of B/F.

The room did not have running hot water. It took about 45 minutes of open tap to get warm water. The staff were unfriendly especially the duty manager at night. They are getting the emirates ID as a deposit without informing the customer. This is against the law. This has to be taken to the UAE authorities.

• Large Single Room

I was in this hotel for four days. Unfortunately, the reception women was not friendly, and the admission time, although they were two people, stalled me, and also did not behave well. Breakfast was not good. The hotel has good access to the metro. The owner of the pool was not friendly with me, and although the hotel law was open at eight o'clock, he told me before 6 o'clock. Although I was there a few days ago

• Double or Twin Room

I wait very long time in the reception for check in and check out.... and every time security asking about room number and key card even you are guest

• Double or Twin Room

Furniture and Bathroom shower and accessories were very old and any time it can break, mini bar food items are very expensive.

Everyday cleaning and very co-operative reception staffs.

• Large Single Room

Washroom and bath was not clean. Restaurant staff was arrogant didn't even help for serve a cup of tea.

Room was big. Reception personnel was helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

this was my second time in myfair hotel I think 4 years ago when I visited the hotel it was in a better shape the restaurant was bigger the facility were better . but all together it was acceptable

it was almost close to the center of city and the staff were nice

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom needs to be look at. Welcome pack needs to be replaced, bedding were not fresh and the mattress cover needs to be washed often. Amenities use closing time can be extended till 10.00 pm rather than the 6.00 pm. Holding clients passport as a security to deposit is wrong and should be stopped except if the client wants to do so.

I will like to go back to the Mayfair hotel again to see if they had improved. The staff needs to be given time to clear the rooms very well. The cost is not bad and the location is less down half an hour walk to the gold souk and park

• Double or Twin Room

Same monotonous break fast Housekeeping very poor...needs lot of improvements.

ideally located 5 minutes walk to Metro, near by good food lets are available.

• Double or Twin Room

Bedsheet is a little dirty. No toothbrush provided inside the bathroom even after several requests. Not much choices in breakfast buffet. Odor from cigarette smokes coming inside our room maybe coming from adjacent rooms or the bar downstairs.

Location is accessible to landmarks and market.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location - the metro is within walking distance, shopping malls and restaurants are very near also. Staffs are very professional, accommodating and friendly too. Great value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

There was very bad smell in all room and the hotel, furniture too old, bathroom very old and dirty, beds were uncomfortable, ac was and refrigerator not working.

• Double or Twin Room

I booked for a king bed, was given single 2 beds and was told that they will change later but they didn’t. Also, they charged extra for mini bar, which I didn’t even touched anything in the bar, only tea bags were there no milk nothing was there. In the bathroom, shampoo and toothpaste was missing. I informed the staff to change the room, and they said with whom you speak he is the one to do I can’t do (at the reception), they were supposed to listen to the customer but they answered rudely.

a lot !

We were disapointed in the followingThe gym was non existent because the area had been downsized, equipment jammed into the smaller space in such a way it was unusuable. The pool was small, but ok. The bathroom in our room had water leaking from behind the mirror and from the ceiling. Unbelievably, when we complained there was no hot water, maintenance told us to turn the hot tap on full for 10 minutes, and we would then get hot water. This worked, but what a waste of water !

• Double or Twin Room

The worst hotel I had ever booked in my life , the room is very dirty even the toilet , the staff in the Reciption not respecting the visitors at all , the booking room is not as per the requested , there isn't anything which can we say it's good about the hotel expect the price is not bad

the bad thing is i got 2 room next to one an other but in between their is door no personal thing we can talk because next room people can ear everything you suppose to close with wall

i like the way the staff are treat

I booked a 3-bed family room. At arrival, they put an extra bed in a 2-bed room. Round table between 2 beds, chairs were put on top of each other - no proper moving space. Pay 15 AED per night for parking in the hotel basement. Light switch only accessible to one bed

Extra special treatment from the manager. Friendly staff. Clean

• Double or Twin Room

Overall Bad experience, Rude staff, bad smell, weak Wi-Fi (ROOM 508), old furnitures, I saw many customers were disappointed and shouting in reception

No thing

• Double or Twin Room

Very noisy guests. Rooms sound insulation was very poor, Very uncomfortable climate. High humidity in the rooms. The door closing system beeps all the time, useless and really annoying. Not so celan.

value for money

• Double or Twin Room

First of all the ad says there is private parking on site. Well, you have to pay for it which is not mentioned anywhere. Then the place itself was way too dirty. The beddings were visibly dirty and when I asked them to change it, the person who came to change them, noted that the replacement is not any better and ended up going out for more two times and after checking something like 5 beddings, found one with no stain or dirt on them.

Our flight had significant delay and I wanted a place not too far from airport and not too expensive. The pictures looked good and it was only 10 min from airport

• Double or Twin Room

drinking water was not provided daily except arrival although it is basic need. shoe shiner , shaving kit were not there , what is consumed like shoap etc every day , it was not placed or given at the time of cleaning itself but u have to ask housekeeping every time , normally these are placed itself if connssumed.

staff was good.

• Double or Twin Room

Lighting wasn't so good, all lights in the room uses a single switch and once you put off the lights you cant charge on your mobile phone.

I liked the location of the property which was easy to move almost everywhere i wanted to go, by Foot or by Metro. Also was a quite room as i like noiselessness areas.

They dont get what you mean when you say you need "non smokers room". Advance booking is useless. There was only bath towel in the room and I asked for additional because we are 2 people in 1 room but until we checked out they haven't provided us. There is no sound proof so you can hear the conversations and noise of the other room. This hotel is short staffs, they are over burden by many guests so no wonder that they will overlooked on guests requests and grievances.

Great location, I booked for tripple room but because a friend came to sleep over I have to ask another room and they were considerate to give discounted rate at the second room. Parking is available. Room is big.

• Double or Twin Room

1. The noisy nearby nightclubs 2. Complementary coffee and tea is only in day 1 3. The big body gaurd staring at you when you get into the lift 4. The ugly unsmiling reception girls.They should be trained to look into the eye of the guest when they talk to him. They should be trained to be more polite

Clean rooms

Starting from the receptionist to the routine breakfast. And we were given a room that we did not book and they promised to change the next morning but they never did till the day of our departure.

Every item in the room was old and the bed was lose.

• Double or Twin Room

We were in floor no. 6. That floor wad not appropriate for families. A loud noise came from the upstairs at night. We could not have slept at night. I told the staff and we change our room.

• Double or Twin Room

The A/C is dirty and smelly. The hotel parking is chargeable. The room was not very sound resistant and you could hear the noises from the hallway and next door.

The person that brought our luggage to the room was helpful and friendly. The location of property was ideal. Close to the venue of the event and close to the metro station. At night, one of the staff members paid for my parking, to avoid a fine, as he didn’t knew that I paid for it.

• Double or Twin Room

The pool was out of order, we think that it is permanently broken. The room was dirty. The nightclub in the hotel was very loud and kept us awake. They tried to keep our passports while we stayed.

• Double or Twin Room

Day cashier behavior was too bad.we went along with family and children.that cashier troubled a lot she did not provide room as per schedule requested and as per room requested .I booked three room.from next time I will not go with booking .Com.its my lession.thanks

• Double or Twin Room

The receptionist philipino and an INDIAN guy at the night up in the reception.

Area and the restaurants opposite to the site and easy availability of Taxi

• Large Single Room

Everything was perfect and the members of staff are so professional and nice. I will keep an excellent souvenir of my stay and will certainly go back there. Great THANKS to Lorie and her colleagues.

• Double or Twin Room

1 towel wasn't that clean, the fridge at first was broken, but they changed it for me

this was my 2nd time in this hotel, and for sure it's better low cost but good service in general great location, everything is close to you I recommend

• Large Single Room

The rooms are extra large and very comfortable, the location is fantastic as it is just a few minutes walk from the metro station as well as plenty of restaurants just a short walk away. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile while talking to the clients.

• Double or Twin Room

The overall cleanliness can be improved and also the rooms can be refurbished as they feel very dated and dull.

I revisited this hotel due to the location and good WiFi.

• Large Single Room

Toilet leaked each time flushed, so floor was wet. Only 2 sachets of coffee. No fruit basket as advertised. Only 1 battery in TV remote. Went for breakfast and keycard refused to let me back in to room - a member of staff had to let me in. Phoned at 11:45 to see if I was checking out - it states that checkout is 12:00 - 14:00.

Comfortable bed

• Large Single Room

They indicated they will provide a non-smoking room, only to be surprised- lots of smoking from the neighboring room

I liked the location and the breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

Attitute of the front disk personnel is shocking,no one welcoming the clients.communication between the supervisor and the front disk was very poor .parking personnel they did not know how to deal and even to speak to clients as well as parking was paid.

• Large Single Room

Every Hotel will give 2 hrs grace period to stay. here nothing, simply asking to pay extra. TV is not at all in proper working condition and no proper channels are available altogether only 5 channesl that too Arabic.

The breakfast is not at all good every day the same routine. Further its not at all worth for the money what they are charging. Complimentary water bottle was kept only at the time of check-in after that nothing.

• Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi didn’t work I had to have stuff come up and take their time to upload big Bing.com and do the ceiling Wi-Fi in and handle my phone and just what a hassle . Heater didn’t seem to work in my room so I froze and I got in at two in the morning and I needed to leave at four so I wasn’t going to call staff to work on the heater for two hours the very thin blanket and sheet was not enough to keep anyone warm in the room. The wall outlet to the left side of the bed was not in working order I plug my phone relying on it to work and was left with the not charge phone to people not check the rooms for its function ability prior to giving it out ? I asked the front desk if I would be able to get any kind of a refund for my inconvenience like a 10% and I got a quick look down in response no ! Oh and the question about airport shuttle I was hoping to get picked up at the airport I called the hotel and I was told to take my own taxi so the survey about what I think about airport shuttle I don’t think you have one .

The marble and chandelier and soaps

• Double or Twin Room

The receptionists were disorganized. Asked them to give us wake up call, pledged they would and didn't. Asked about shuttle services and wanted to pay 100 dirhams for two persons to the airport. We took a cab for under 20 dirhams to the airport. Further, had only one towel for two people...

Concierge services: The gentleman was kind to pick up luggage to and from the room.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing, Have to ask for more than 2 times for anything. No one would come to solve your issue. No one picks your call. Same breakfast every morning. Very less in Quantity. Very poor service. Do not recommend.

Old and uncleansed bed sheet, old and dirty towels, Terrible breakfast (daily the same) with high salts contents and breakfast place assigned under the stair case with limited seating (some times you have to wait your turn) and they asked you daily what is your room number (very annoying), a noisy hotel with a night club that start at 11pm remains after 4am, in the room {(very)infinity sign} bad Wi-Fi (difficult to connect and disconnect automatically within minutes). a slow responds for room services calls, no shuttle from the airport as mentioned on their advertisement through Booking.com, took them 3 days to change room refrigerator as it was not working and very smelly, most of the time requested room to be vacuumed clean NOT just surface cleaning, cleaners do not pay attention about what is needed in the room such as paper tissue, soap (needed to be reminded), a smelly room with depressing window view, even after 9nights stays at the hotel we couldn't convince them to allow us to stay 2hrs extra (as the flight was at 6pm) thus stays at the hotel lobby from 2pm until 5.30pm. Named only few, Best wishes Booking.Com

Only the location. That's all.

• Large Single Room

They charged me 8 AUD for waters, which I was not told earlier that I have to pay for water in the room. They kept my passport all the time on the reservation, from which they were worried about some drinks on the mini bar.

• Double or Twin Room

The electric kettle that is provided for us is rusted. I asked for replacement but still the kettle they gave is rusted. Toothbrush is for request, and only one towel is provided. We used the pool and the staff let us borrow some towel. Its good because I have only one towel as hotel provided one towel. I just had my operation one month ago, I have a baby and a daughter and its very cold. When we are going to our room staff is not allowing us to take the towel even if we told that we will return it right away. On the next day I asked until what time is the check out as per reception its until 12 only but in booking.com its mentioned 12:00-1400. I told that to the receptionist that i spoke to but she insist its 12 only. My baby has a poop and not able to clean it thinking if we extend for a few minute there will be additional charge.

• Double or Twin Room

There are no options in Breakfast. It should be improved. Like other hotels, they should make parathas etc on request. More dishes to be included.

Everything was good.

• Large Single Room

Noisy.... not clean .... sink is leaking ... very thin walls u feel living with your neighbor

Location, front desk employees were friendly and helpful

• Large Single Room

Being on the first floor, the noise from the clubs on Mezzanine was very disturbing at night. The rooms felt aged and require upgrades. The TV in my room was the old 21" box-type with most of the channels not available. The sheet was not fitted properly as it was small in size (in comparison to the bed size)

Pocket friendly 3-star hotel at a very good location. The wifi speed was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The lady at the reception at night was very unhelpful. She didn't even give us wifi passes before letting us go to our rooms. Can't even answer if we can avail a late checkout. the breakfast has very few variety. pool is very small. Operator at phone is very rude too. No dental kits, no slippers in room.

the room is clean

Its nt for family

Everything was good just i wana tell u one thing because of club in the hotel Due to the loud sound the walls of the room were vibrating and we cant sleep before 3 am

• Double or Twin Room

somebody try to open my room early morning and only reception sorry nobody bother to ask how is your stay and second this they give us handicap room for us reception tell hotel is full book that is the worst experience in your hotel

i don't like anything

It is not a place to go with a family with children. The night club music started at around 11p.m. and would not stop until 3 or 4 a.m. Even then, substance influenced people were making noises on the hotel corridors making it a real challenge to sleep. If you stay there, don't forget to take some heavy duty ear plugs or the only period you can sleep is between 4a.m. and 11a.m. The bathrooms were leaking and dump with a mold smell to them. We stayed for seven nights and a hotel staff said that he will come and fix a leakage from the ceiling immediately but that never happened. He said it is just condense water from AC so nothing bio hazardous but we had to take his word for it although it was dripping from sewer pipes. We asked for extra baby bed but they said that they must charge for it although I have never heard of anything similar in hundreds of hotels where I have stayed before.

One of our rooms was changed when we asked for that. Initially, we got a room on the first floor which was right above the night club/ discotheque so we needed to change it. However, we wouldn't dare asking for change of our second room where the children were because of the way our request was handled.

Staff were very unhelpful and uncooperative. Our room wasn't cleaned on 2 occasions by the cleaning staff. There was water all over the floor on the bathroom coming from a leak in the floor. The rooms were far too noisy we could hear the TV and minimal talking from the next room. The rooms were very small for 3 people. I wouldn't recommend to a friend. I wouldn't stay here again. Staff asked to keep my passport and were very put off when I asked for it back rather then the hotel keeping it in a drawer with 50 other passports. I didn't think the location was very good if you wanted to get taxi's into the city took on average 30min to get into the city.

I guess you get your value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Exposed electrical, bellboy refused to give up and stuck my European adapter in a UK socket with a pen, shower drain wouldn’t open, all around deteriorating walls, carpets, and mirrors, bed was atrocious, little sound insulation...

I had a free bottle of water.

• Double or Twin Room

I complained about the noise in the room being placed above and nightclub. When I asked the night manager to find a solution to the fact that I didn’t get decent night sleep no solution was given just a blank look and sorry. He said he would get back to me with a solution but didn’t. I found the hotel reception and management team very unhelpful and to be honest useless. The only helpful staff was the porter, who was the politest member of staff. I would not recommend this hotel the state of the room is very poor and dirty the hotel itself is extremely rundown. My bedsheets was stained with what looked like old blood, disgusting!!! ( I’ve tried to upload images of the appalling state of this room but for some reason there was an error). And please get me don’t get me started about the food truly appalling. This hotel is truly awful in every aspect.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff are uncooperative. Rooms were not ready at 4.00 pm. Room service is very bad and not asnewering calls. Cleaning is bed. WiFi is slow. Very Few TV channels. Bathrooms are old and not working well

Only the beds were comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms need a bit more cleaning and staff need to be more trained in welcoming customers

I travelled with my family 2 adults 2 children under 10 Staff were good rooms was nice as we were on the top floor a bit noise at the reception due to disco but that wasn’t a problem as we were on the top floor overall good hotel to say very conveiniant all shops and restaurants close by

• Double or Twin Room

Disco on the second floor, we slept on the 4th floor and could still hear the bass all night. Very unfriendly reception-staff, wanted to keep our passports 'because it was safer' at the reception eventhough we had a safe in our room. When we demanded to have our passports back, they almost threw them in our face. When we came up in our room, there was someone emptying the minibar. Apparently our passport was kept as deposit for the minibar. No communication, no manners whatsoever.

room services , wifi services , room and bathroom cleanliness

i have choosed the hotel because of its good location it's near to everything i need , But the problem with the hotel it need much improvements such as providing the rooms with fresh air and put cleaners in the bathrooms such as good smelling bcz there is a really bad smile in the bathroom and also the room , actually the housekeeper was really helpful and kindness - also there is a bad thing were i needed to call a service more than 3 times by the phone until they come to my room or answer my needs - the wifi service is very bad - i need to sign in to the wifi more than 10 times a day - the problem wasnt with the signal but it was with the wifi permission system .

• Double or Twin Room

Room was not really clean, even though sheets and towels were changed daily. Still often they would bare some stains. The bathroom was not really that clean, especially the places which are not clear standing in the middle. The inside of the bath, underneath the soap holder. Also the walls were a bit sticky. Shame, as if this was in order, this place would have been worth every penny, twice over.

For the price, the room was rather spacious. There is a street with shops and restaurants nearby, aswell as the metro that takes you to the town centre. Very friendly staff.

Poor Reception, No Respect , Not suitable for business men. Why Africans stand on Elevators to question guests? Poor Wifi. Swimming pool so small and very cold. timing of pool and gym from 9-6. business men go out from hotel 9 and return like 6-7, can't enjoy this. TV is very old type Not recommended for business men and families

Space of room and location

• Double or Twin Room

Water supplies are disconnected for more than 3hours. Hotel management did not informed the guests and they did not have a backup plan.

cleanness and friendly staff