Reviews of Media Rotana Dubai 5 stars

Off Sheikh Zayed Road, Barsha Heights (Tecom) , Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#153 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Classic Suite

1-there was a night club on the hotel and the music is very loud 2-on the first night at this hotel and at 0330 am the A/C defects and it took aproxmitly 2 hours to replace the room cause they cant fix it and no applogise was affored by the hotel staff 3- gym facility is very poor 4-parking area in the basment is very dirty 5-this hotel us not suitable for family

• Premium King Room

It was a premium room on the top floor but seemed to lack furnitures in the room like an extra sofa and tables. The curtain in the room was also broken on our arrival so couldn't pull it since we wanted to rest and had to wait for maintenance to fix it. Guess these things should be checked before the guests arrival!

Amazing staff, always attentive to what we asked and delivered efficiently. Lovely place to stay and going back in August 😊

• Premium Twin Room

We stayed during Ramadan so restaurants had to be blocked off from view. Bit confusing the first day.

Fabulous breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool facilities lovely as well.

• Classic Twin Room

The Extra charges that are added i.e. room service, pool bar etc makes this place quiet expensive over all and need to be more clearer. Maybe put prices in other currency for a better clarity.

Overall the property was as advertised - the pool area was pleasant although Smokey!

• Premium King Room

Rooms need to be renovated. Channel restaurant is always over packed The valet hit my car and the hotel did not call me back till today regarding this issue. Very disappointed.

• Premium Suite

a little bit off with the room service on the first day.

We stayed at Premiere Suite, I would say the room is clean and staff are friendly. We easily get what we ask for like an extra toiletries specifically shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Filipino staff I must say, hospitable.

• Classic King Room

The hotel has a serious smell problem. The AC intake must be close to the kitchen’s exhaust. My room smelled of grilled meat. The second room smelled cigarette smoke.

Location, staff friendliness, food

• Classic King Room

They gave me a room in 3rd floor and it was close tomthe disco and the music was so loud i couldn’t sleep well And i had a friend visiting me and one in the reception staff was inpropret

Mostly it was good

• Classic King Room

the reception staff, when i checked in i requested one things; a quite room far from the elevator. The repetition staff has upgraded my room, but it turned out that my room is close by the elevator on the 6th floor above the pool. since i was there on business i did not spend much time in the room, but at night you could hear the music from the terrace bar. there were barely any equipment in the GYM and the steam room smelled funky. i recommend to stay away from the facilities in the gym. the Salon was a total rip off, i asked for the pricing for mani pedi they and they said 140-160. but it turned out they charged me desperately a total off 300. please keep in mind that there are no restaurant near by and when i arrive to the hotel the lunch services has ended. the only options was to order room service. NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN.

nothing special

• Classic King Room

Limted selection of english language TV channels. Hotel obviously doesnt want to pay for any premium sports, news or movie channels for guests, so you will have to make do with the standard free package

All OK for a short stay, a decent business type hotel, nothing out of the ordinary. Good restaurants and bar

• Classic King Room

I didn't like that they allow anybody to be in the lobby (strangers), the location is bad and so far from any kind of Dubai attraction.

Maybe the room only is good

• Classic King Room

Excellent variety at breakfast. Not absolutely top quality food but v good. Staff esp bellman Zokhine from Uzkekistan were good to excelent. Facilities showing bit of age.

• Premium King Room

Shadi on the front desk is the best I’ve ever met since years, he was very fast in few seconds we had our keys and informed of everything available in this great 5 Stars Hotel.

All Ok

Always enjoy our stay at your hotel, we only book at The business Rotana. Just a shame they cant see how much we make use of the hotel and how frequently we book there.

• Classic King Room

metro station is far, not pleasant to walk there, on a hot day. the rooms showed clear signs of wear and tear. metal frames in the bathrooms were rusty. walls between bathrooms seem paper thin, as you can hear your neighbours flush. in the room , flaky paint strip was hanging down from the ceiling near the aircon intake.

the americano coffee in the lobby was awesome.

• Classic King Room

Just few comments: Location requires car to get to closest mall or other areas however not that far! It takes time to get warm water in bathroom.

Very cooperative friendly staff, got free room upgrade , room facility is good , A/C working well, breakfast had lot of varieties including Sushi and cooked Asian food, SPA facility is comfortable , in hotel clubs and English pub is great, I had nice stay

No cons

When we arrived we had just been traveling through the night and were clearly exhausted. When we came to check in there was no room available. We were fine with this and would have waited in the lobby but the woman at the front desk went above and beyond to get us access to the club where we wouldn’t be bothered by other guests. We ate and relaxed in there until the room was ready. Everyone in there was really attentive and helpful. The man who worked the desk even helped us to locate our room. It was overall a great experience and I knew I would enjoy my stay before I even saw the room.

• Classic King Room

It would be nice if the swimming pool was heat regulated. Our flush didn't work very well AC was either too strong or too warm Valet always took a very long time to get our car for our outings. Once, it took exactly 33 minutes to get the car and regardless of how busy it was, it's a very unacceptable time to wait.

Let us check in early. Responsive when our TV stopped working to send a technician. gave us a great room and were flexible with our situation. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Club Rotana Premium King

The first night we can't take shower, no warm water. The room was worn-out, hard-hard extra bed for my son (150 AED per night extra cost) , traces of dripping on the ceiling, very tnoisy aircoditioner

The Rotana Club is OK, the staff is friendly.

• Premium King Room

Discounts for guests in the hotel spas and restaurants/bars would have been welcomed

It was a nice comforting place to stay. To avoid the hot weather outside, we stayed in the hotel and found there is a lot that can be done.

Asked for 2 things to be attended to and despite assurances they would be dealt with, neither were.

Rooms were very large. Staff generally excellent and the breakfast both very varied and tasty.

• Classic Twin Room

Tecom and Barsha area has lots of people soliciting money in exchange of services .. annoying. Also lighting in the rooms is not that good, hated the AC unite too. Not for 5 stars property!

Comfy rooms ok location

• Classic King Room

I was given room no. 1218 there was a continuous sound form the a/c duct, like really loud sound. it used to come after every 15-20mins. Apart form that the bathroom had different issue, the drainage nob was broken we had to get them fixed, tap for the shower kept coming out, the shower holder was broken.

The breakfast

• Classic King Room

Location! There is nothing to make a walk worthwhile. Next time I would stay at the marina area. To open the hotel room door you still have to put in the card instead of just holding it infront.

Very friendly staff! Rooms and bed are good.

• Classic Suite

I got a smoking room as it was the last one available but I guess a ventilation system could work better to absorb the smell of cigarettes.

All I like, very comfortable, luxury hotel

• Classic King Room

Came here on the way to Bali as a treat for my 50th birthday . The hotel was very clean , our room huge , British plugs , air conditioning and a good view . The hotel is less than 10 mins from metro but it’s a city for drivers so the paths were limited . We ate i the hotel both nights and food was really good . Ahmed in the restaurant in the evening and then again at breakfast was so helpful and attentive . The best thing about this hotel was the staff , they were friendly , eager to help and attentive . Muresh (hope correct spelling )he checked us in , he was so kind and managed to get us an early check in , as we arrived at 9am and gave us a later check out as we flew late . I am delighted we are staying here again on our way home from Bali in April

• Classic Twin Room

The guy that help me taking taxi in front of the hotel, proposed the hotel taxi and I didn't accept, he insist in putting my luggage in a car witch is not even a taxi and he said it's the hotel taxi, trying to intimidate me, I said no, I need a real taxi.

very good team, I had a problem connecting to my system, they came 2 minutes after and solve it in a very professional way, I had a problem with the sound of festivity taking place in front of my room, they proposed to move my room but I didn't do it, I was very tired and I slept, Breakfast was excellent more than expected

• Premium King Room

- First day my actual room wasn’t ready, slept in different room that night. Though they changed the following morning. - The overall cupboards, the fixtures are starting to show damages. Third time staying in the hotel, the conditions are deteriorating now. Room 713, has broken shelf for safety deposit box & broken safety deposit box. Room 1713, scratches all over the cupboard. -Had to ask maintenance to fix my safety deposit locker, they took a hour overall to come to my room, diagnose the problem and then fix it, which was just changing of battery. - I’m one of those who enjoys good breakfast, however this hotel has the most ordinary breakfast - Hot water stopped from 5am to 11pm one of the day.

A very hospitable bellboy, Azeem

• Classic King Room

The room feels old and consumed.TV is really old model. During my last day, AC and TV stopped working as if I checked out with the message "unoccupied"! I was expecting a better room from a 5*. No busses going to metro station!

Professional staff

• Classic King Room

Location was central. Restaurants and bars in the hotel were chic and had nice contemporary touches. Food was good.

Location was central. Breakfast was good.

• Premium King Room

The Dry cleaners didn't bring my clothes till the next day although I specifically asked them to bring it the same day and they agreed on it.

Rooms, Area and the Staff! Very friendly and helpful

• Classic King Room

The room furniture was old and I didn’t expect that for FIVE stars hotel!! Even the bathroom.

The staff were friendly and helpful also the location was great.

• Classic King Room

While checking in the hotel, there no park to park your car. You need to park far and walk to check in, then you can take the card and park downstairs.

Quiet and the paper work is fast. I didnt wait to long to get my room.

• Classic King Room

Food ordered to room service, I believe the the chef who did the Quattro Formaggi pizza and the turkey casalon may need further training.

Everything was just perfect

• Classic Twin Room

not very near to train and at night there is little to do nearby. but with uber and 10 minutes ride to dubai marina. Breakfast vareity on the day are abudant but did not change much after 2 days.

Staff was very helpfull and allowed early check in at 7 am, and use their shower facility at 8pm since we have 3am flight. Room is big and clean, water bottle supply is endless.

• Classic King Room

The illumination light outside my room window, which was switched off automatically at 3am and did not allow me to have my curtains open to enjoy the great night view before I fall asleep.

The extra comfortable bed,the fantastic breakfast, the helpful staff.

• Classic King Room

The check in receptionist (I think Camile or Camilia) ) was not friendly or professional but rather cold with no smile or interaction , very poor check in experience and not expected in a 5 stars .

Not my fist in this hotel and I can see continuous efforts to improve the services and enhance the experience . Great value for money.

• Classic King Room

We were disturbed every night by the booming noise from the night club which went on to 3am. very unsatisfactory. Also, on our first night we returned to our room at 7pm to find that the bed hadn't been made and the room had not been serviced.

• Classic King Room

I didn’t like the tenderloin I ordered. It was chewy. Also the curtains didn’t close 100% and I like my room to be very dark.

The room was very spacious

• Premium King Room

I signed for the high speed Wi-fi which you claimed was 8mbps. When I checked it was only 2-3 mbps and this was confirmed by your IT people. For business purposes this is not a high enough speed and therefore it is unlikely that I can stay at this hotel again.

• Classic King Room

I would stay again...to get a better feel of the experience there. So, no substantial negative during this trip.

Customer service very professional and approachable. Valet and bellhops were great and helpful.

• Classic King Room

The rooms are becoming noisy, did not suffer from this issue a few years ago.

Spacious and comfortable rooms, good room service although was slow this time.

• Classic King Room

Not much attention to detail. All windows were really dirty, also the easy reachable glass surfaces around the pool. Also the flowerbeds around the pool were empty. Easy things to change to make the appearance much better. The interior is more that of an older 5 star hotel but is not comparable to other Dubai 5*hotels. Our toilet,e.g. Had to be fixed 3 times in 10 days. All in all not quite a 5*standard.

We got an upgrade from the room we booked. George, who checked us in, was the highlight staff member of the team! Unfortunately not much followed after that which was exceptional. It was good standard. The room was clean -except for the used shower cap in out bath tub!

• Classic King Room

Staff is entering the room for minibar without asking Too many calls from reception to the room Toom service has to come back again for cash payment. Forget to ask first time

• Classic King Room

I ordered room service one more morning and was charged incorrectly to my credit card. Called to have it refunded the difference and they couldn't get it to work so they gave me cash instead. Just a pain that I had to get cash back in the local currency that I had to then exchange to my currency. Also had a problem switching rooms after our first night. Put us in a smoking room on a low floor (I'm sensitive to smoke) then took 5 different phone calls the next day to get us into our correct non-smoking room on a high floor.

Room service was fast and efficient and the food was pretty tasty.

• Premium King Room

The bar is really smoky, and there are a few 'working' girls hanging around which gets annoying.

My flight was late, and I was in a rush to make a meeting, so the staff took my shirt and had it pressed whilst I showered in the Club Lounge - really helpful. The breakfast is great, the rooms are comfortable with great beds.

• Club Rotana Premium Suite

Furniture in the suite is really uncomfortable - sofas, etc. Needs to be updated to be considered a five star hotel.

The service and food in the executive club were superior.

• Classic King Room

I rented a car during my stay so I didn't need to take the metro, if you plan on traveling using the metro beware of the walking distance which could be unbearable under the sun...

The service was great, the staff makes an extra effort to serve you as fast as possible. They even give you tips on how you can save some money here and there (which is rare for a hotel of that level)

• Premium Suite

- You need to pay for extra bed for kids, even thaough my booking was inclussive of kids; - The hotel has a night club that causing crowdness of guys and girls at the entrance. Thus, the property may not be so suitable for families.

The receiption men i delt with were gentlemen and quite helpful

• Classic King Room

The lock on my door was not working and needed repair, my toilet seat was worn. Otherwise would have perfect score.

I fully enjoyed my stay at Media Rotana and would visit again.

• Classic Suite

Pool temprature was not controlled

I'm a frequent visitor of this hotel, i like the location, staff are highly professional and friendly, restaurant is very good and the overall ambience was nice; i like that place.

nothing to dislike

Location is key! Rotana is well situated within 10-15 minutes of Mall of Emirates. They provide a free shuttle service to various key locations in central dubai including- Outlet Village - if shopping is your thing, The beach - JBR where you can sunbathe and shop, Mall of Emirates. These shuttles run regularly from the hotel and does not have to be prebooked. Arrive on time to avoid missing your ride. Taxi to some of the destinations would cost approx 30-40 AED

• Classic Twin Room

Staff were really helpful across all departments. Close to metro station. Value for money. Would love to stay in the hotel the next time we visit. If you are on budget, there is a mini supermarket across the hotel which sells sandwiches , fruits and juices.

• Premium King Room

We had paid for two nights, knowing we would arrive early morning so that we could just go straight to the room and wrote this in the booking request form. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded - but only until mid afternoon and then we had to change rooms because the hotel was at maximum capacity - not good when you have children and have paid for the room that had obviously been given away. I requested to speak to somebody else after being told this is the only option. The end result was being given a smaller room than what we had booked but with club lounge benefits. Considering we only stayed for 24 hours it was fine, but very dissapointing. We usually stay at the Habtoor Grand but due to the time of year it was out of our price range. I guess you get what you pay for and this hotel is certainly more of a 4* than 5*. Dusty surfaces in the rooms and a big stuff up with little consideration!

Pool area and evening vibe at the bar was great!

• Classic Suite

They didn’t deliver a baby crib for my baby and only delivered an extra bed for my 8 year old late in the evening. The hotel was happy for 4 people to sleep in one double bed which I find ridiculous. I had to keep bothering reception for the extra bed and crib. Also the pool was rubbish.

The room was nice and clean

• Classic King Room

Very slow check in process even with 4 staff at the reception . Valet parking took longtime to retrieve the car. I asked for a mobile charger as i forgot mine but they don’t have any available at the concierge .

Clean rooms .

• Club Rotana Premium King

I always booked the premium and was quite satisfied. This time it was not crowded but I was assigned into a room seemed to be lower graded. I asked to change and finally waited few hours in the room.

The room was always clean and comfortable. I also enjoyed to use the lounge at 1st floor.

• Classic Twin Room

1- Wrong advertisement on booking.com. I checked by calling hotel directly a few times that the twin room has two double beds as advertised at booking.com and I was assured that is the case. But after getting keys all rooms had two single beds. My family of 5 was put in one room with two single beds ! Should not have been able to book it in even with the number of guest. We were family of 16 with 5 rooms with 10 single beds. Worst hotel experience we have ever had in dubai, be very weiry of what you book and what you may get there. 2- my room toilet was leaking, the shower/bath was badly designed, with shower on it was collecting puddles of water on the side of the bath tub which tracks directly on the floor. my 11 year old took a shower and the whole toilet was flooded. Very poor toulet. 3- we were wrongly charged with its from mini bar which were never used. Took some argueing to get that remobed (38 dirham is not a big value its more the principle), staff was sufficiently unhelpful at the desk for that. Overall will never travel to Rotana again.

Staff was ok. Wanted to help, breakfast was good.

• Classic Suite

Due to a change in our flight travel time, we got to the hotel about 4 hours behind our initial check-in time of 11pm and the hotel reservation team confirmed that shouldn't be a problem in response to my email to them on the same subject and this turned out to be the case at check-in when we eventually arrived at the hotel around 3 am! The accommodation was pretty comfortable and the breakfast buffet... AMAZING!

• Classic King Room

Bad experience with reservations team as they refused to book me directly through them and they told me to book through Booking.com which too weird and wast my time plus they were too rude

• Classic Suite

The water in the pool is not hot/warm as mentioned, speacially in the winter they should manintain it. Also the shower room for the pool should be near and should be more than one to accomodate.

View from the room was very good

• Premium Twin Room

* check in process very slow * Staff hospitality to seen always * concierge was a disaster: received my luggage very late.

The beds are very comfortable and the room is spacious, nice and clean. As for the buffet breakfast it was good. The hotel has a very nice bar (Nelson's bar), I recommend you check it out when at the property, I also was informed there's an Arabic night club. There's a Pool on the 1st floor it's nice, divided into several section (the pool area, a sunbathing corner and The Terrace were you can sit have something to drink or eat). They have several restaurants you could also try them.

• Classic King Room

I had not good situation; when I arrived at 14:30 the receptionist (Mae) requested me to wait one hour to one hour and half due to room is ready yet and promised me to upgrade my room as kind of apology and I accepted After one hour and half I came to her and she was look forgot me and put me in 2nd floor instead of 10th floor (no upgrade) and room was not cleaned properly This is the only situation I faced there, other than this is fine and acceptable

location, facilities, staff quick in response

• Classic King Room

There is not much to see or to do around but that was not an issue for me as I was traveling for business.

Comfort of the room, Nelson’s sport bar, staff.

• Classic King Room

The Room Entertainment , I was surprise that there is more then 60 Channels but no one Lebanese Channel , even before there was 3 Lebanese Channels . I request the reception and there answer was bad ( this is the Channels which we have we cannot do anything ) this will push me to think about another place next time I travel to Dubai ...

Nice atmosphere , good location for Business , nice food .

• Classic King Room

For a 5star hotel, they should provide some complimentary snacks in the room.

Nice big rooms. Friendly & polite staffs. Quite helpful & responsive when you need them.

• Classic King Room

The room was not clean and sometimes they took time to clean it room service was bad I could call 5 times for a simple bucket of ice when I call for my car I would wait outside for more that 20min in the sun waiting another thing I thought breakfast was standard when I booked if I knew I had to book breakfast as well couldn't have booked that hotel I stayed at Rotana hotels and this was my worsed

The gym swimming pool the outside bar it's very nice

• Classic King Room

Food deliveries aren’t allowed to deliver to the rooms. I had to dress up inconveniently and go downstairs to collect the food, instead of letting me enjoy my stay.

Room size and cleanliness are excellent

• Premium King Room

The room was very close to night club loud noise and the pathroom was not clean from checkin till I reported the issue to be resolved.

Location, breakfast, staff

• Classic King Room

The surrounding area is a building site, so the outside atmosphere is sandy and dusty. The disco music by the pool wasn't to my taste either, and staff said it wasn't possible to turn it off. Not able to relax by the pool.

Spacious room and comfortable bed, good room facilities. Relaxing public area in the foyer. Very extensive choice of food at breakfast.

• Classic King Room

It's the second time I check it to find out they do not have the King room i requested but either a smoking room or twin beds. After arguing as little they upgraded me to a non smoking suite which was a nice gesture. This said, MANY of their rooms are noisy due to the music playing from the pub and the club below! This REALLY needs to be fixed.

The rooms are spacious, staff is friendly and helpful, it has a good location, the mall is 10 minutes away, the beach as well! Their room service is tasty too.

• Classic King Room

We just think that the rooms could be a bit more cleaner. The drive way to the entrance of the hotel.

Staff were friendly. Check in and check out was fast, and we got upgraded for free.

• Classic Suite

Fantastic Hotel, clean rooms, good restaurants, perfect services, and excellent staffs. recommended for personal or business stay, with friends or alone. location is good and facilities available around.

• Classic King Room

TV channels were poor and would have expected at least Sky or BBC News.

Excellent hotel for a short trip to Dubai especially for golf tournaments at the Emirates and Jumeirah Golf Estates.

A little bit crowded.

I liked that they have allowed my guest to visit my room without any issues. Also the room services is very fast. Extra complementary water.

Browse Media Rotana Dubai traveller photo gallery