Reviews of MENA ApartHotel Albarsha

Sheikh Zayed Road - Next Mall of Emirates, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#136 of 318 Holiday rentals in Dubai

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Horrible. Last time in that dump

I have already sent an email to booking.com which I never got a reply to and I am sending another email right now with additional issues I had with this hotel. This is the worst hotel experience I have had in my life!

It was ok. I won't return.

Checkin too forever, breakfast was limited and not worth paying for. The jacuzzi was broken. The AC didn't cool luckily it wasn't summer days in Dubai. Service upon checkin wasn't great.

Bed was clean and comfortable. I got a complimentary late check out

Everything is beautiful in the place of residence

The reservation price is supposed to be inclusive of taxes so that the guest will not be surprised about the payment in the hotel, especially since there are many taxes not included in the basic price

Everything is beautiful in the place of residence

Good location but nothing else...

I stayed in several hotels in this area. This is a 4 star hotel but overal impression is not as good as pther hotels in the area around the same price range.

Lication was close to Emirate Mall.

Location and thanks to Karen and Monica for their help and...

The hotel apartments new but the decorations are old and bathroom it's small and there is no sports channels and no news channels.. They need to solve these issues. Thanks

Location and thanks to Karen and Monica for their help and excellent hospitality

A nice place to call home

Cleaning service was irregular depending on the other rooms. We used the glasses from the bathroom as only wine glasses were in the kitchen. If you want to do laundry, you need to ask for a drying rack.

The room was a good size with lots of hot water and staff were always helpful and friendly. The kitchen had everything you could want although the selection of cutlery and dishes was a bit odd. It is close to the MOE and public transit. Lots of take away options in the area as well as mini-markets.

Comfortable bed, clean property, parking very easy, next to...

Noisy fridge at night (couldn't be turned off), restaurant not really recommendable

Comfortable bed, clean property, parking very easy, next to MOE, very nice shower and bathroom utensils

It was a pleasant stay

Well the sofa was really uncomfortable...everything else was fine....

Well everything was perfect.....checked out early as something came up...other than that i enjoyed my time...

Overall experience was really nice. Very close to mall of emirates and the staff are vert helpful.

The receptionist Ms. Karen was very warm in welcoming us. She was also very helpful when we asked her to change our room cause it smelled like cigarette in the non smoking room that they gave us.

Defiantly will come again next time.

The pillow is big and hard to sleep on it for me.

5 minutes walk to mall of emirates 7 minutes walk to metro station 24 hours grocery store near by the facility

Rubbish

The playing of loud arab music starting about 05:50 for 1 hour, if your staying for work wear ear plugs. Staff wasn't that friendly and helpful. With so much choice around I'd never stay here again. Park inn does win a prize for the most uncomfortable pillows in the world, I went to buy my own.

Close to mall of the Emirates

Horrible

Worst stay ever / arrived late night after hours of travelling and the supervisor on duty after booking me into a “smoking” room without even asking me had the nerve to shout at me and tell me he did me a favor to even book me into a room and if I didn’t like it I could take my money and go! Quite shocking to be honest needless to say I left the very next morning! Stayed here about 2yrs ago and it was good then, now facilities are a bit unkept and I don’t need to say about the staff....

Fine.

Cockroaches

Suggest maintenance have pest control spray or like undertaken as I noticed small cockroaches roaming the bathroom and kitchen areas -IMPORTANT

not pleasant would stay at another hotel nectbtjme around

air conditoner was not working and they placed me in a room that was dreadful hot and even adter it was fixed it still was not work it properly

only stayed 3 days and i changed my room 3 times. 1st the air conditioner was not working in the 1st room then the 2nd room did not have a tubul which i requested and finally i had a room that was perfect but then the English channel wasn't working and it was not fixed the whole stay i would not stay here again and would not recommended this hotel to anyone

Good Location, Clean, NEW, freindly staff

We booked for the sake of using the pool but the pool was on maintenance how could be a pool during summer season on maintenance , we just booked the hotel for the pool...but it was out of service

Location wise was really good

Over all we had a good three day stay regardless of the humidity.

The bathroom was to small and the bath tub was badly set. It had bad ripples through it & slippery. There was no clothes drying erea / dryer if you used the washing machine provided.

The suite was fine.

Standard basic good hotel

One of the pans didn't have a flat bottom - a bit annoying to use.

Basic standard of hotel with everything you need when on a business trip. Everything was as expected. If you just need a comfortable place to sleep - and not bothered about all the extras, at good price, this is a good choice.

A good Property worth staying with family..

Television... LCDs are installed but they are old ones, which does not support any HDMI / USB ports. The rooms with new LCD TVs are somehow stinking although they were non-smoking (we were shown 2 such rooms). Bathroom... the bathrooms were small, though very clean.. Pool... pool area was on the top floor (7th) but a bit small and not at all USABLE during day time due to high temperatures outside (45-48 degree Celsius) making the pool water unbearable. A shade over the pool may have been a better idea.

We stayed here for 6 nights (13-19 July). The staff remained welcoming and supportive. The room we were allotted (#210) was a bit small for our liking. However, upon request we were shifted to a bigger room with better lightening and amenities. Services and room amenities were excellent for the price. Room included a with well-equipped kitchen with Microwave and electric oven. Location of the hotel is perfect, it is in close proximity of Holiday-inn and Novotel Suites. In fact that made the cab-drivers to pinpoint the location of this hotel somehow :D... Anyways, the hotel is near the Mall of Emirates (10mins walk) and walking distance (8mins) to Metro Station (Sharaf DG). Mini-marts and small restaurant are conveniently located across the road. U can find metered taxi(s) 24/7 at the hotel exit, so moving from and to the hotel is very convenient. Overall a good experience and will definitely recommend it.

Park Inn one of my favorite brands

- Bigger flat screen TV would be excellent. - it might be a design issue but having the external units of some of the AC's at the underground parking made it really hot and unpleasant for anyone to go in and out of that area.

like the brand and the location of this property

Stay for 2 nights stop over in Dubai
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I got upgraded to a bigger suite. IT was my 2nd stay in this hotel. I choosed it again because its convinient to reach and park by car and close to the Mall of the Emirates. I cant comlain at all, good hotel! Will come again

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Very Good hotel. Walking distance to Mall of Emirates, friendly staff.

The view from my room was really not great. The washing machine/dryer handle was broken.

The room had all I needed. The pool and gym are great. No issues parking. Friendly and helpful staff.

There was no utensils in the kitchenette, and did not...

There was no utensils in the kitchenette, and did not replace the towels regularly always had too ask. The hallways smelled very bad the entire stay. Paid for an upgrade, and still disappointing.

Comfortable family apartment

Beds a bit too soft.

Cosy twin room with a sofa bed. Well equipped kitchen. Many restaurants in the area, they also do home deliveries. Nice pool and jacuzzi on the roof. We were allowed to check in early. Short walk from 2 metro stops.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great Location

I got accommodated to a smoking room although I asked for non-smoking and it was not clean enough, they moved me later to a cleaner non-smoking room.

Great room amenities, Good wifi, close to metro and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Good stay

We had some problems with sewerage in the bathroom - using shower, the water flooded the whole room. The staff solved this problem, giving us another room, that was smaller but as it seemed to us because of this more comfortable and there was bathtub.

Good hotel, quite comfortable, kitchen with all items what you need. The staff are helpful and friendly. Great location next to Mall of the Emirates as well as lots of restaurants and metro station nearby. Free underground parking.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I'll never visit again .

The smell within the entrance, looks like no AC cover the entrance. As well room smell upon arrived . Not good. It should vantelated prior to arriving at least they have informed with check in time !!!

The bed is comfortable. Kitchen fully equipped . As well room equipped with washing machine and ironing facility.

The staff provided us with a free upgrade from a studio to a...

The decor is a little dated but overall the hotel is great value for money

The staff provided us with a free upgrade from a studio to a 1 bed apartment which was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

dirty and not value for money, however location was good.

The bathroom was very dirty, the hotel staff were not helpful at all, very dissapointed. (the cleaners the hotel employed were lovely, the hotel should swap the reception staff for them)

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Did not get "non smoking room" ( i stayed for 9...

Did not get "non smoking room" ( i stayed for 9 nights) / steam room at gym was not working / temperature at swiming pool was not maintained.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

ok experience

The staff is cordial but not as efficient... Charged us extra but refunded the money after we spoke to them.

Location is great. Its small but good for budget vacations.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Good location but bad services specially by the reception

The receptionist(lady). I have never seen such dissapointing services of a receptionist. She didn't even greet us while checking in. Very poor service and completely dissapointing! !

Location and room

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

just location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

staff are not professional housekeeping is poor food is bad rooms and bathrooms are very small no easy transport very expensive for 3 stars appartments

just location

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great location. Average facilities

I had previously stayed at the Park Inn in Abu Dhabi and expected the same standard. I was disappointed. The hotel didn't feel as clean, light or airy.

The location is perfect for accessing the Mall of the Emirates.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Week-end Stay

The room was clean and I have no major concerns. One area that could be reviewed is the comfort of the bed and pillows. Personally I found the pillows to be a bit too firm - good for reading in bed but not for sleeping!

Great location next to Mall of the Emirates as well as lots of restaurants nearby. The staff are helpful and I appreciated the late checkout on my departure date - initially to 2pm and subsequently extended to 3pm.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Short but sweet.

Nothing to complain about.

The staff were very welcoming. I liked the fact that I can open the window and let in the fresh air. They had ample parking.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Highly recommend stating here

I didn't use the pool but i did go to see it and it was very small

On arrival i was upgraded to a one bedroomed apartment. It was huge. The staff were so helpful and the stay was sooo enjoyable

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

A good bad experience.

The check in was very dead slow. The Bathroom very small compered to room size. Their is no vanity kit in bathroom. I had maintenance man knocking on my door after my check in by 45 min to check the water tabs, do note I checked in around 5 pm. I asked for a tissue box (the one their was empty), I had to call twice and wait for 30 min. The T.V. remote was not working properly.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

good price stay for one night

I didn't like the design of Junior suite as the beds can't see the TV small bathroom

I have a water leak from the ceiling in the bath and they fix it quickly The suite has a full kitchen

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Ok for singles for a short stay.

Very quirky room layout. Odd lighting and a damp problem in the hallway.

It was a small double bed and tiny singles when we asked for twin beds. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

The location of the hotel

Booked for a NON-Smoking Room. Given a smoking room. As a non-smoker, every time I enter the room, I can pick up the smell.

The location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The location is excellent as it is only a short walk to Mall...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately we had noisy neighbours in the room next to us. They woke us at 4am in the morning with a full blown party (probably back from a club).

The location is excellent as it is only a short walk to Mall of the Emirates.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Needs to improve cleaning of the room

Rooms were not clean properly, specially the floor, your foots get dirty after small walk inside the room.

We got 2 rooms, very large with equipped kitchen. Beds were large and pillows were comfy. The hotel is very close to the Mall and that is it. Nothing else to do around part from that. Location is far from the airport and Burj Khalifa if you didn´t rent a car. The pool was closed and it is tiny. Staff was very polite and helpful. I didn´t try the breakfast nor the restaurant.

A nice stay with a comfy bed and good location

It was noisy inside the hotel. as if every some period of time a vacuum cleaner is dropped from one floor to another... you just can hear a strong noise at any time of the day. perhaps because my room (#209) was located next to stuff rooms or something. Also, had issues with tv remote control, could change the sound but not the channels (which was not a big deal as i dont watch much of tv..)

the bed was very comfortable; room service food orders were tasty and quickly prepared; fast check-in and check-out

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

First day, there was no room available so they accommodated in another hotel which was a bother. Then for remaining days, they gave me two bed room apartment which was of no use to me. They didn't had another single room available but they presented it as they did me a favor. Free internet was awful and so was the paid one. No hot water in bathrooms. No sockets adapter available for power supply. When asked reception, they said you have to but it from grocery shop nearby.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Perfect stay

Ahmed treat us very well from the front desk staff provided each and every information. Also Valentine take care of cleanliness for the room very well.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Staff 👍🏾

I still don't understand the 200 AED deposit... and it would be better to mention the exact price in booking.com including the taxes....

Staff 👍🏾

perfect

excellent will visit again next time

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

All was fine

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The room desgin

The room desgin

exellent

everything

Fantastic

Everything. Very pleased and will go back. Monica on reception was lovely!

I like the Restorant up an down there’s every thing

My room it was beside garbage room so it’s too loud

I like the Restorant up an down there’s every thing

Always stay here when I visit Dubai because its good value and the location is excellent.

Great location, friendly helpful staff. Good facilities.

I didn’t like the order taker when i call for room service...

I didn’t like the order taker when i call for room service,his very rude and no manners.

all was great.

all was great.. i wish to stay more if there is good offer .. Thank you

Very nice place to stay.

Sometimes de access card does not work properly.

Very nice place to stay.

Room

5 min.

Bed covers.

5 min. walking from Emirates Mall.

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Our room was spacious, kitchen was equipped with everything necessary.

It was good hotel if you want to go around Dubai and spend...

The bathroom is small and there was no pressure water at the shower.

It was good hotel if you want to go around Dubai and spend much time at the hotel

Hot swimming pool wasn’t working

Hot swimming pool wasn’t working

Thoroughly enjoyed

The friendly staff

One of my best

Very nice place to stay

The staff are very polite, kind, and nice.

Small TV :(

The staff are very polite, kind, and nice. The hotel is very clean and neat. Comfortable bed and pillows. Loved it!

The hotel was great and near to everything such us mall and...

The hotel was great and near to everything such us mall and metro stations

Th hotel is worn out needs maintenance

Th hotel is worn out needs maintenance

Bad experience
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Size of bathroom That it is no more part of PIR series

Location near the mall

Every thing was perfect I enjoyed the stay.

Washrooms r v small.this is the only drawback in this property.

Every thing was perfect I enjoyed the stay.

Nice place for short stay next to Mall of the Emirates!

Good location, Nice & helpful staff and value for money!

Good value for money

The pool was out of service due to maintenance. We should have been notified when booking and check-in

Location was very good and rooms were clean

The location is excellent
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff at reception leave a lot to be desired

The location is excellent

the staff special front manager

the lady who took our check in was nice & HK staff came to our rm to sort out the problems also gud.

the cutleries was not clean properly...and the Duvet was not proper one and toned.

Everything as expected

Room layout meant natural light was a bit restricted during daytime.

Everything as expected.

Small bathroom, not clean - there were some hair.